IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS

The Enid In the Region Of The Summer Stars album cover

Buy THE ENID Music
Studio Album, released in 1976

Side 1
1. The Fool..The Falling Tower (6:16)
2. Death, The Reaper (3:59)
3. The Lovers (5:17)
4. The Devil (4:14)

Side 2
5. The Sun (4:39)
6. The Last Judgement (8:12)
7. In The Region Of The Summer Stars (6:19)

Search THE ENID In the Region Of The Summer Stars lyrics

- David Storey / drums, percussion
- Robbie Dobson / percussion

With:
- Neil Kavanagh / bass, flute
- Dave Hancock / trumpet (solo on track 5 and bridge passage between 6 and 7)

Artwork: Colin Dunbar

LP EMI ‎- EG 26 0323 1 (1976, UK)
LP Buk Records ‎- BULP 2014 (1976, UK)

CD Operation Seraphim ‎- EWCD16 (2010, UK) Transferred to digital by Christian Curtis

Thanks to Quinino for the addition

THE ENID MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE ENID In the Region Of The Summer Stars Music

In The Region Of The Summer Stars by Enid (2010-09-21)In The Region Of The Summer Stars by Enid (2010-09-21)
Operation Seraphim
In the Region of Summer StarsIn the Region of Summer Stars
Belle Antique 2013

The Enid - In The Region Of The Summer Stars 1984 LP ENID7 Craft neo prog USD $13.19 Buy It Now 1 day
The Enid - In The Region Of The Summer Stars / Japan LP / OBI / 1984 / K22P 504 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ENID in the region of summer stars 1976 BUK 52001 original Promo lp vinyl USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE ENID In The Region of the Summer Stars 1984 ENID 7 VINYL LP Free UK Post USD $19.78 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ENID In the Region of the Summer Stars JAPAN Mini LP CD 1976 1st USD $24.50 Buy It Now 4 days
1976 - THE ENID - In The Region Of The Summer Stars - Press Advert Poster Size USD $11.86 Buy It Now 5 days
ENID-IN THE REGION OF SUMMER STARS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD BONUS TRACK Hi25 USD $32.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE ENID In The Region Of The Summer Stars 1984 Vinyl L.P - ENID 7 - EX/EX USD $10.54 [0 bids]
THE ENID in the region of summer stars 1976 BUK 52001 original prog psych LP NM USD $12.60 Buy It Now 8 days
THE ENID - IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS 1984 - EX UK 12" VINYL LP - ENID 7 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Enid The In The Region Of The Summer Stars BULP 2014 LP advert 1976 USD $13.19 Buy It Now 8 days
THE ENID IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS LP 1976 UK BUK NO NAME SLV 1ST+INSERT USD $79.13 Buy It Now 9 days
The Enid In the Region of Summer Stars Buk Records Prog / Psych LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Enid ? In The Region Of The Summer Stars K22P-504 Japan LP Insert OBI USD $27.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE ENID - "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" LP - 1976 ORIG 1st US PRESS (BUK) USD $15.88 Buy It Now 11 days
The Enid ?- In The Region Of The Summer Stars UK USD $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Enid In The Region Of The Summer Stars 1976 UK Import BUK Records FAST SHIP! USD $8.46 Buy It Now 11 days
The Enid, Enid - In the Region of the Summer Stars [New Vinyl] USD $26.68 Buy It Now 12 days
The Enid, Enid - In the Region of the Summer Stars [New Vinyl] USD $24.78 Buy It Now 12 days
The Enid - In The Region Of The Summer Stars NL LP 1977 Prog //1 USD $15.52 Buy It Now 13 days
LP THE ENID IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS 1984 UK PRESSING NM PROG ROCK USD $34.98 Buy It Now 14 days
THE ENID - IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS, 2014 GERMAN 180G vinyl LP, SEALED! USD $18.99 Buy It Now 16 days
The Enid - In The Region Of The Summer Stars 1984 LP UK 1984 EX-/EX- # Prog USD $19.78 Buy It Now 17 days
The Enid - Japan Mini LP CD - In The Region Of The Summer Stars 1976 IECP-10073 USD $22.00 Buy It Now 17 days
THE ENID IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS ORIG.VER RARE JAPAN MINI-LP SHM-CD USD $49.99 Buy It Now 18 days
In The Region Of The Summer Stars The Enid Vinyl Record USD $21.04 Buy It Now 19 days
THE ENID - IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS VINYL LP NEW+ USD $31.92 Buy It Now 20 days
In The Region of the Summer Stars THE ENID Vinyl Record USD $30.27 Buy It Now 20 days
THE ENID In The Region Of The Summer Stars SHMCD mini-LP BELLE132084 (Japan) NEW USD $45.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Enid In The Region Of The Summer Stars vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $48.46 Buy It Now 25 days
Enid - In The Region Of The Summer Stars CD USED IMPORT USD $20.00 Buy It Now 27 days
THE ENID In the region of summer stars 1984 FREE UK POST USD $17.13 Buy It Now 28 days
In The Region Of The Summer Stars The Enid Vinyl Record USD $21.04 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THE ENID music online Buy THE ENID & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE ENID In the Region Of The Summer Stars ratings distribution

THE ENID In the Region Of The Summer Stars reviews

Review by FragileKings
4 stars First let me state that I am reviewing the 2012 remaster of the original 1976 album and not the 80's re-recording.

I am always excited to read about other symphonic rock bands of the 70s and when I read about the Enid in Stephen Lambe's book "Citizens of Hope and Glory: The Story of Progressive Rock" I was eager to give them a listen. After some sneak peeks (or sneaks listens) to samples of songs on Amazon, I ordered the album and I was not disappointed.

Most surprisingly is that while Yes and some other bands were recording rock music in a symphonic vein, the Enid appear to have been recording symphonic music in a rock vein. All tracks except for "The Lovers" (a piano solo) feature symphonic instruments with drums, bass, and electric guitar being just instruments in the symphony and not comprising a rock band that is playing with a symphony. For a debut album, the music is remarkably bold and complex. From the beginning, Robert Godfrey wanted this band to do things differently from other rock bands.

Aside from "The Lovers" which is beautiful but a little dull to me, the album is very enjoyable to listen to from start to finish. I normally have great impatience when listening to a new album as I want to find the songs I like the most and listen to them a lot. However, with "In the Region of the Summer Stars" I had a difficult time whittling down the number of songs to three or four favourites. I can now say that I enjoy "Fool / The Falling Tower", "The Devil", "The Last Judgement", and the title track best, but mention should go to "The Sun" and "Death, the Reaper" which I also enjoy.

This is not an album for everyone and I am surprised that I like it as much as I do. But this is one of those albums that really illustrate just how far progressive rock bands could go even in 1976 when prog is said to have been on its way out of fashion.

Review by aapatsos
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal and Heavy Prog Teams
5 stars Not an album for everyone, not an album for any time, an artistic expression unlike many others. A sound so vivid and epic at the same time, conceived in these often rainy and gloomy parts of the world, though still expressing a melancholia and optimism at the same time, round about the region of the summer stars...

An unconventional soundtrack for summer and winter, the first album under the The Enid moniker bears more resemblance to the music of Ennio Morricone, rather than "typical" progressive rock of the 70's. Classical music re- invented? Possibly. In fact, listening through its (sadly, only) 39 minutes, sceneries and movie excerpts come in mind, via pompous orchestration, sliding guitar phrases, dreamy piano and flute parts. The mood shifts quite often from the epic/grandiose/scary (yes, that too) to total tranquility and back again to complete the dance of emotions. If I had to look for references in prog rock, then those would be early Genesis and Renaissance.

The "vintage" feeling is portrayed in "The Lovers" and "The Sun", the adventure in "Fool/The Falling Tower" and "The Devil" in haunting atmospheres, and the climax is reached (intentionally?) in the closing two compositions, unraveling the quality and inspiration behind this record.

Beware: I find myself listening to this on repeat for numerous times and the same effect might have on you. You have been warned.

5 (rainy) summer stars

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
2 stars After reviewing all the new released The Enid albums I have a different idea about the band. Their latest album Invicta (2012) is really good. And was sad to hear about the Robert John Godfrey disease. But truth be told, In The Region Of The Summer Stars (1976), The Enid first album, is a 'love or hate' case. Probably because is soaked in Classical Music, and then we can see that was always the band intentions since the very beginning,

But, on the other hand, for some people, like myself, the 'too much classical music' feeling is bigger than the 'Prog Rock' feeling, and this kills my enjoyment. I like bands that do a crossover of sound in the Symphonic area. but I like the middle term, not just one side of the coin. And despite the fact that we have many nice moments in the album, the overall feeling is that something went wrong. Is way to orchestral for my taste.

I can see why so many 5 stars the album receives, but I just can't cope with them.

Post a review of THE ENID "In the Region Of The Summer Stars"