LIVE

Happy The Man

Happy The Man Live album cover

Buy HAPPY THE MAN Music
Live, released in 1997

1. Service With A Smile (4:04)
2. Starborne (4;45)
3. Open Book (6:33)
4. Hidden Moods (4:09)
5. Morning Sun (4:34)
6. I Forgot To Push It (3:37)
7. Ibby It Is (8:38)
8. Nossuri (The Moon, I Sing) (6:24)
8. I Carve The Chariot On The Carousel (5:12)
9. Stealing Pipes (4:35)
10. Knee Bitten Nymphs In Limbo (5:20)
11. Mr. Mirror's Reflection On Dreams (9:23)

Search HAPPY THE MAN Live lyrics

Search HAPPY THE MAN Live tabs

- Rick Kennell / bass
- Coco Roussel / drums, percussion
- Stanley Whitaker / guitars
- Kit Watkins / keyboards, flute
- Frank Nakahara-Wyatt / saxophone, keyboards

HAPPY THE MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAPPY THE MAN Live Music

45 rpm viynl "A Wonderful Dream" The Majors/"I'm A Happy Man" The Jive Five US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
(EO776) Chris Pope, One Happy Man - 2013 DJ CD US $4.68 Buy It Now 3h 22m
1132 RONNIE DAVIS-HAPPY MAN-U MAN RITES-REGGAE 45 7" US $49.00 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Cahal Dunne Ireland's Happy Man #TMB 8301 SIGNED ON Back US $2.97 [0 bids]
4h
1976 BLUE RIDGE QUARTET IT TAKES A HAPPY MAN VINYL LP QUEEN CITY ALBUM LP1102 US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 54m
BJ Thomas(Vinyl LP)Happy Man-Myrrh-MYR 1072-UK-VG+/Ex US $15.65 Buy It Now 13h 26m
SPARKLEHORSE-HAPPY MAN V11 EDIT 1TRK PROMO CD CS371 US $0.99 [0 bids]
POLKA with 'HAPPY MAN' WESOTY BOLEK LP RECORD - REX RECORDS LP 796 US $9.95 Buy It Now 19h 25m
IMPACT: Give A Broken Heart A Break / Happy Man 12 Soul US $30.00 Buy It Now 20h 19m
JIVE FIVE: The Jive Five (i'm A Happy Man) LP (Canada, punch hole) Soul US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
IMPACT happy man pt i / part ii 7" VG+ 45-7049 Atco USA 1976 Record US $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
SPARKLEHORSE-HAPPY MAN V11 EDIT 1-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS371 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
the jive five-i'm a happy man & kiss kiss kiss-45 RPM UA WHITE LABEL PROMO-EX US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Jive Five I'm A Happy Man Kiss Kiss Kiss UNITED ARTIST 67 084 Germany Issue US $34.99 [0 bids]
Happy Man and Dump Truck / Boy With Drum - A LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK - READ And HEAR US $14.66 [0 bids]
B.J. Thomas--Happy Man 1978 Vinyl LP Record US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Jive Five Featuring Eugene Pitt 45 I'm A Happy Man/A Bench In The Park US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Re 45 JIVE FIVE/SHOWMEN - I'm A Happy Man/It Will Stand w/ sleeve/strip NM WABC US $7.49 [0 bids]
Northern Soul R&B | JIVE FIVE | I'm A Happy Man | LP | UAL 3455 | 1965 | Funk US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE JIVE FIVE I'm a Happy Man Lp R&B SOUL UA Label Eugene Pitt james brown US $13.99 [0 bids]
Bill Frisell - Good Dog Happy Man CD SEALED Ry Cooder US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BJ Thomas LP Record Album Best 1980 Myrrh MSB-6653 Happy Man Home Where I Belong US $5.99 [0 bids]
Vintage Golden Record & Book HAPPY MAN AND HIS DUMP TRUCK 1950 US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GREG KIHN BAND - HAPPY MAN / TROUBLE IN PARADISE - 7" - NEAR MINT US $6.04 Buy It Now 2 days
THOMAS LANG " THE HAPPY MAN " 7" SINGLE 1987 EX/EX US $4.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Louis Howard - Ime A Happy Man - Bronze US $195.82 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RPM, Read and Hear, The Happy Man and His Dump Truck, Golden 00219, VG+ US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THOMAS LANG The Happy Man 7" 45 Sound Clip in Listing US $7.83 Buy It Now 2 days
Jive Five 60s R&B SOUL LP Im a Happy Man ORIGINAL USA US $39.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Chris Pope - One Happy Man NEW CD Single US $4.81 Buy It Now 2 days
BJ Thomas Happy Man lp US $3.99 [0 bids]
(EN238) Chris Pope, One Happy Man - 2013 DJ CD US $3.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Eddy "G" Giles-Happy Man-Music-7" 45-Murco-1037-Vinyl Record US $1.99 [0 bids]
Greg Kihn Band "Happy man" Higher and higher" LP SEALED NEW TREBOL/TI70580 US $10.16 Buy It Now 3 days
B.J. Thomas--Happy Man 1978 8-Track Tape Cartridge US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Good Dog, Happy Man by Bill Frisell *New CD* US $12.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Paul Peek EARLY R&R TEEN 45 (NRC 059) I'm A Happy Man/Where There's A Will VG+ US $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THOMAS LANG - THE HAPPY MAN,12" SINGLE ON VINYL US $1.55 Buy It Now 3 days
The Jive Five - Im A Happy Man - The Ua Album (NEW CD) US $18.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Eddy G Giles Music / Happy Man Murco 1037 Promo Mint- Northern Soul US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Jive Five I'm A Happy Man / Kiss Kiss Kiss 45 vg++/nm Northern Soul UA 853 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BLUE RIDGE QUARTET..."IT TAKES A HAPPY MAN".....OOP GOSPEL ALBUM US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG KIHN BAND Happy Man 7" B/w Trouble In Paradise UK Beserkley 1982 US $8.21 Buy It Now 4 days
GREG KIHN BAND Happy Man 7" Promo B/w Trouble In Paradise UK Beserkley 1982 US $8.21 Buy It Now 4 days
B J THOMAS : HAPPY MAN (MSB-6593) - RARITIES US $3.99 [0 bids]
THOMAS LANG Happy Man 7" New Version B/w Skin Promo Sticker On Pic Sleeve UK Ep US $8.21 Buy It Now 4 days
C'est Chic LP (Le Freak, Chic Cheer, Savoir Faire Happy Man) VG/VG US $1.90 Buy It Now 4 days
GREG KIHN BAND Happy Man 7" B/w Trouble In Paradise UK Beserkley '82 US $8.21 Buy It Now 4 days
THOMAS LANG Happy Man 7" New Version B/w Skin Pic Sleeve UK Epic 1987 US $8.21 Buy It Now 4 days
GREG KIHN BAND Kihntinued-Classic 12" Vinyl-Happy Man/Every Love Song/Testify+++ US $5.67 Buy It Now 4 days
Sad Man Happy Man by Mike Doughty (CD, May-2010, ATO) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Pat Terry Group Songs Of The South lp Home Where I Belong Happy Man US $8.99 [0 bids]
Modern Garage Punk Surf Big Snuff Happy Man Songs Charles John Hancock US $7.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Billy McFarland - A Happy Man - CD New Irish Country 18 track CD US $18.78 Buy It Now 4 days
BILLY MCFARLAND A HAPPY MAN CD IRISH COUNTRY US $18.56 Buy It Now 4 days
THE JIVE FIVE I'M A HAPPY MAN ON UNITED ARTISTS VG+ ORIGINAL 1ST PRESS PROMO US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DEE CLARK *DJ COPY* "HAPPY MAN" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Jive Five The - Im A Happy Man - The Ua Album Plus Bonus Singles - SHOUT73 US $16.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Good Dog, Happy Man by Bill Frisell (CD, May-1999, Nonesuch (USA)) US $2.99 [1 bids]
Impact: Happy Man (Pt. I) / (Pt. II) 45 - Soul US $5.29 [0 bids]
THOMAS LANG Feels So Right 7" B/w Happy Man Live Pic Sleeve UK Dry Communicatio US $8.21 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG Happy Man 7" B/w Injury Pic Sleeve UK Epic 1987 US $8.21 Buy It Now 5 days
SUNNYBOYS Happy Man 7" w/PS AUSSIE POWERPOP US $11.21 Buy It Now 5 days
Greg Kihn Band - Happy Man /Trouble In Paradise 7" DEMO US $5.48 Buy It Now 5 days
THE JIVE FIVE I'm A Happy Man MINT UNPLAYED STOCK COPY 45 ORIGINAL SLEEVE US $9.99 [0 bids]
IMPACT - Atco 7049 - Happy Man - SOUL DANCE 45 VG+ US $7.50 Buy It Now 5 days
BLOOD UNCLES Petrol 12" 4 Track Featuring Swallow,mad As You,never Happy Man And US $8.88 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG Feels So Right 12" 4 Track B/w Sons Of Live,happy Man And Are You Ha US $8.21 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG Happy Man 12" 4 Track Extended Version In Limited Edition Poster Sle US $8.21 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG Happy Man 12" 4 Track New Version B/w Bulgaria, Skin And Sons Of Pi US $8.21 Buy It Now 5 days
** IMPACT ~ Happy Man ~ 12" Single USA PRESS US $31.32 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG The Happy Man N/Mint Epic 1987 UK P/S 7" US $4.67 Buy It Now 5 days
Soul 45 - Jive Five - I'm a happy man - Strong vg++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JIVE FIVE**I'M A HAPPY MAN: UA ALBUM PLUS BONUS SINGLES**CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Rare The Jive Five original mono LP I'm a Happy Man UA 3455 jazz record US $20.00 [0 bids]
THOMAS LANG The Happy Man Envy Injury Logic 4-track 12" vinyl record VOWT1 1987 US $9.31 Buy It Now 6 days
THOMAS LANG The Happy Man New Version Skin Bulgaria Sons Of 4-trk 12" VOWT4 Brel US $9.31 Buy It Now 6 days
THOMAS LANG Feels So Right Sons Of The Happy Man Are You Now 4-trk 12" 12DRYC1 US $9.31 Buy It Now 6 days
GREG KIHN BAND - Happy Man / Testify - 1982 PROMO 45 - CANADA PRESSING US $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
B.J. THOMAS - HAPPY MAN + PEACE IN THE VALLEY CD (New not sealed) US $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DATEN THOMAS POP FOLK PSYCH PROMO 45 IT'S TOO LATE WORLD / A HAPPY MAN US $2.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Jive Five 33 RPM 12" LP - I'm a Happy Man - UAL 3455 - R&B Soul - NM US $15.00 [0 bids]
I'm A Happy Man b/w Kiss Kiss Kiss The Jive Five 45 United Artists UA853 G US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE FREE AS THE WIND / HE'S NOT A HAPPY MAN NEAR MINT 1970 US $7.83 Buy It Now 7 days
(EQ975) Chris Pope, One Happy Man - 2013 DJ CD US $4.68 Buy It Now 7 days
Here We Go/Happy Man (7" Single by Stakka Bo) 1993 US $1.55 [0 bids]
THOMAS LANG : The Happy Man (New Version) rare Epic 1987 UK 4-trk CD maxi-single US $5.94 Buy It Now 7 days
Dee Clark "Happy Man" PROMO 45 US $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
The Jive Five - I'm A Happy Man / It Will Stand (VG) 1973 #2084 7" 45 rpm US $5.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Greg Kihn Band: Happy Man / Trouble in Paradise (Excellent) 45 rpm US $2.99 [0 bids]
BLUE RIDGE QUARTET It Takes A Happy Man LP Blue Queen LP1102 Vinyl Album Stereo US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE JIVE FIVE/THE SHOWMEN I'm A Happy Man VG++ 45 RPM REISSUE US $3.00 Buy It Now 8 days
JIVE FIVE "I'M A HAPPY MAN" NORTHERN SOUL / DOO WOP LISTEN! US $12.52 Buy It Now 8 days
THE COLONNIALS ~ Lazy Mississippi/Song of a Happy Man ~ rare country promo FABOR US $8.00 Buy It Now 8 days
IMPACT - HAPPY MAN (PART 1 & 2) - ATCO IN ORIGINAL COMPANY SLEEVE US $7.83 [0 bids]
The Jive Five (1965 VG+) "I'm A Happy Man & Kiss, Kiss, Kiss " UA # 853 See Pics US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
B J THOMAS Our Recollections 1996 CD Home Where I Belong Happy Man Amazing Grace US $24.95 Buy It Now 9 days
GREG KIHN BAND 'HAPPY MAN' UK 7" SINGLE US $4.68 Buy It Now 9 days
THOMAS LANG 'THE HAPPY MAN' UK 7" SINGLE US $1.55 Buy It Now 9 days
THOMAS LANG 'THE HAPPY MAN' UK 7" SINGLE #2 US $1.55 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy HAPPY THE MAN music online Buy HAPPY THE MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAPPY THE MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAPPY THE MAN Live ratings distribution

HAPPY THE MAN Live reviews

Review by Atavachron
4 stars Clean and elegant performance by one of America's best prog acts that captured the band just before the end of the classic progressive era and which highlights their extraordinary cohesion, syncopation and aplomb. The first third of the album indulges in Floydian space jams that sound great but the real fire begins with 'I Forgot to Push It' and just gets hotter from there. 'Ibby it Is', 'Steaming Pipes' and 'Knee Bitten Nymphs in Limbo' get the blood pumping with symphonic rock of the highest caliber. Considering the infrequency of this group's releases as well as symphonic prog rock from 1970s America, I see this record as one of their top three...nab it while you can.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#95475) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Recorded in the late seventies, this live album is made of songs exclusively selected from their first two albums (thank god). It almost took twenty years to release these recordings, after a compilation album (1989) and a effort which consisted of unreleased tracks (1990).

Several tracks selected are on the symphonic side of their work and are quite enjoyable. The "Genesis" influence is on the forefront, and therefore, this first part of the album has all my sympathy.

The mood switches to the jazzy flavours with "I Forgot To Push It". Some sort of useless jam IMHHO. But it is immediately followed by a good track of this live recording "Ibby It Is" from "Crafty Hands". Interms of influences, the jazzy feeling is dominating the second half of this set.

The tracks which have been selected are purely instrumental (which is anyway the majority of their work). This is probably a major factor in the "coldness" of this live set. And it is not the emotionless introduction to some of the numbers that will bring some warmth. Very intimate and confidential.

Music execution is well performed of course, but this is all but normal. What I miss is a bit more passion in the way to interact with the audience. It is as close to nothing. Complex music played by skilled musicians. OK. But at times it isn't enough.

As such, you'd better grab their two corresponding studio albums even if this live set is a good summary of those.

Three stars for this good album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#168203) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 20, 2008

5 stars This being (only)the second Happy the man record ive had the pleasure to encounter... all i can say is, if the other 5 titles are as GREAT as this...Waaauuuhh!!!! First of all, this is a live recording of this fabulous Us-band.Recorded at the "Cellar door" and at "Louie´s rock city" sometime in 1 ... (read more)

Report this review (#3400) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 09, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAPPY THE MAN "Live"