LIVE

Happy The Man

Happy The Man Live album cover

Buy HAPPY THE MAN Music
Live, released in 1997

1. Service With A Smile (4:04)
2. Starborne (4;45)
3. Open Book (6:33)
4. Hidden Moods (4:09)
5. Morning Sun (4:34)
6. I Forgot To Push It (3:37)
7. Ibby It Is (8:38)
8. Nossuri (The Moon, I Sing) (6:24)
8. I Carve The Chariot On The Carousel (5:12)
9. Stealing Pipes (4:35)
10. Knee Bitten Nymphs In Limbo (5:20)
11. Mr. Mirror's Reflection On Dreams (9:23)

Search HAPPY THE MAN Live lyrics

Search HAPPY THE MAN Live tabs

- Rick Kennell / bass
- Coco Roussel / drums, percussion
- Stanley Whitaker / guitars
- Kit Watkins / keyboards, flute
- Frank Nakahara-Wyatt / saxophone, keyboards

HAPPY THE MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAPPY THE MAN Live Music

Eddy G Giles Music / Happy Man Murco 1037 Promo Mint- Northern Soul US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
The Jive Five I'm A Happy Man / Kiss Kiss Kiss 45 vg++/nm Northern Soul UA 853 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
BLUE RIDGE QUARTET..."IT TAKES A HAPPY MAN".....OOP GOSPEL ALBUM US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Bill Frisell - Good Dog Happy Man [Vinyl New] US $29.94 Buy It Now 3h 54m
PERRY COMO "HAPPY MAN" "ANOTHER GO AROUND" US $2.19 Buy It Now 4h 8m
C'est Chic LP (Le Freak, Chic Cheer, Savoir Faire Happy Man) VG/VG US $2.61 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Sad Man Happy Man by Mike Doughty (CD, May-2010, ATO) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
IMPACT HAPPY MAN 1 2 NM 7IN 45RPM INTL SHIP? VEH 78 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 19m
Modern Garage Punk Surf Big Snuff Happy Man Songs Charles John Hancock US $8.04 Buy It Now 18h 15m
Billy McFarland - A Happy Man - CD New Irish Country 18 track CD US $19.28 Buy It Now 18h 43m
BILLY MCFARLAND A HAPPY MAN CD IRISH COUNTRY US $19.06 Buy It Now 20h 51m
B J THOMAS Our Recollections 1996 CD Home Where I Belong Happy Man Amazing Grace US $24.95 Buy It Now 20h 55m
BLOOD UNCLES petrol 12" 4 track featuring swallow,mad as you,never happy man and US $9.58 Buy It Now 21h 17m
BILL FRISELL "GOOD DOG HAPPY MAN" CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
DEE CLARK *DJ COPY* "HAPPY MAN" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 40m
Jive Five The - Im A Happy Man - The Ua Album Plus Bonus Singles - SHOUT73 US $17.92 Buy It Now 1 day
THE JIVE FIVE - "I'M A HAPPY MAN" - VINTAGE 1965 COLLECTIBLE LP - UAL-3455 US $44.96 [0 bids]
BILL FRISELL - GOOD DOG HAPPY MAN - BONUS CD (180GM) NEW VINYL US $40.63 Buy It Now 1 day
THOMAS LANG The Happy Man N/Mint Epic 1987 UK P/S 7" US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill Frisell - Good Dog Happy Man CD USED (Nonesuch) US $4.99 [1 bids]
Jive Five "I'm a Happy Man" 1965 mono WHITE PROMO United Artists 3455 VG++ US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHAEL WATFORD HAPPY MAN PARADOX~HIGH HEEL~4007 ~SCREAMING FULL MIXES 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare The Jive Five original mono LP I'm a Happy Man UA 3455 record US $35.00 [0 bids]
IMPACT - Atco 7049 - Happy Man - SOUL DANCE 45 VG+ US $5.02 Buy It Now 1 day
The Jive Five L.P. I'm A Happy Man United Artists UAL 3455 sealed US $75.00 [0 bids]
** IMPACT ~ Happy Man ~ 12" Single USA PRESS US $32.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Cahal Dunne Ireland's Happy Man #TMB 8301 SIGNED ON Back US $2.97 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHAEL WATFORD - Happy Man - 12" Vinyl 1994 C-DOCK HOUSE Mix *RARE PROMO* US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Soul 45 - Jive Five - I'm a happy man - Strong vg++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JIVE FIVE**I'M A HAPPY MAN: UA ALBUM PLUS BONUS SINGLES**CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
IMPACT-HAPPY MAN -? LISTEN N.M. US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THOMAS LANG The Happy Man Envy Injury Logic 4-track 12" vinyl record VOWT1 1987 US $9.55 Buy It Now 2 days
THOMAS LANG The Happy Man New Version Skin Bulgaria Sons Of 4-trk 12" VOWT4 Brel US $9.55 Buy It Now 2 days
THOMAS LANG Feels So Right Sons Of The Happy Man Are You Now 4-trk 12" 12DRYC1 US $9.55 Buy It Now 2 days
GREG KIHN BAND - Happy Man / Testify - 1982 PROMO 45 - CANADA PRESSING US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
B.J. THOMAS - HAPPY MAN + PEACE IN THE VALLEY CD (New not sealed) US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GREG KIHN BAND Kihntinued 1982 Beserkly Sound System Happy Man Testify Family US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Bill Frisell - Good Dog Happy Man 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $37.08 Buy It Now 2 days
DATEN THOMAS POP FOLK PSYCH PROMO 45 IT'S TOO LATE WORLD / A HAPPY MAN US $2.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE FREE AS THE WIND / HE'S NOT A HAPPY MAN NEAR MINT 1970 US $8.04 Buy It Now 3 days
I'm A Happy Man b/w Kiss Kiss Kiss The Jive Five 45 United Artists UA853 G US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(EQ975) Chris Pope, One Happy Man - 2013 DJ CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 3 days
NORTHERN SOUL Eddy "G" Giles- "Happy Man" b/w "Music" Murco 1037 PROMO 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
45 rpm viynl "A Wonderful Dream" The Majors/"I'm A Happy Man" The Jive Five US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE WILLIAMS Free Man Happy Man LP rare PRIVATE Texas country signed US $6.98 [0 bids]
Jive Five 33 RPM 12" LP - I'm a Happy Man - UAL 3455 - R&B Soul - NM US $15.00 [0 bids]
Dee Clark "Happy Man" PROMO 45 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MICHAEL WATFORD LP ED 5727 PROMO HAPPY MAN 4 MIXES 0901 R VG/EX C VG+ (LP-6549) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Jive Five - I'm A Happy Man / It Will Stand (VG) 1973 #2084 US $5.00 [0 bids]
BLUE RIDGE QUARTET It Takes A Happy Man LP Blue Queen LP1102 Vinyl Album Stereo US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE JIVE FIVE/THE SHOWMEN I'm A Happy Man VG++ 45 RPM REISSUE US $3.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JIVE FIVE "I'M A HAPPY MAN" NORTHERN SOUL / DOO WOP LISTEN! US $12.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Blues Busters "Happy Man" Reggae Soul 45 Bra mp3 US $7.99 [0 bids]
I'm a Happy Man by The Jive Five (CD, Apr-2011, Shout) US $28.02 Buy It Now 4 days
THE COLONNIALS ~ Lazy Mississippi/Song of a Happy Man ~ rare country promo FABOR US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE JIVE FIVE I'm a Happy Man Lp R&B SOUL UA Label Eugene Pitt james brown US $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Jive Five (1965 VG+) "I'm A Happy Man & Kiss, Kiss, Kiss " UA # 853 See Pics US $2.99 [0 bids]
Re 45 JIVE FIVE/SHOWMEN - I'm A Happy Man/It Will Stand w/ sleeve/strip NM WABC US $7.49 [0 bids]
GREG KIHN BAND 'HAPPY MAN' UK 7" SINGLE US $4.81 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG 'THE HAPPY MAN' UK 7" SINGLE US $1.59 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG 'THE HAPPY MAN' UK 7" SINGLE #2 US $1.59 Buy It Now 5 days
THOMAS LANG 'THE HAPPY MAN' UK 7" SINGLE #3 US $1.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Good Dog Happy Man by Frisell, Bill US $5.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Sad Man Happy Man by Mike Doughty (CD, May-2010, ATO, USA) Brand New Sealed US $5.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE CURE CATERPILLAR HOLLAND 12 INCH RECORD HAPPY MAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JIVE FIVE UA 6455 I'M A HAPPY MAN M- ST $70.00 US $70.00 Buy It Now 6 days
B.J. Thomas Happy Man ~ 1978 ~ MSB-6593 US $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Good Dog, Happy Man by Bill Frisell (CD, May-1999, Nonesuch) Free Ship #DH19 US $10.90 Buy It Now 6 days
IMPACT HAPPY MAN 7" SINGLE CHEAP US $6.01 Buy It Now 6 days
GREG KIHN BAND Happy Man 7" Ps, B/W Trouble In Paradise, 24 9735-7 US $9.63 Buy It Now 6 days
VG++ ROCK 45 - DATEN THOMAS - A HAPPY MAN - REPRISE 0456 PROMO US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BILLY LEE RILEY: Happy Man / Sittin & Waitin' (soul vinyl 45) dj, close to M- US $35.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BJ B.J. Thomas Happy Man CASSETTE Pop Christian Religious Gospel From the Start US $6.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Good Dog Happy Man 0075597953626, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $27.76 Buy It Now 7 days
Perry Como, Happy Man / Another Go Around ~ NM 1968 RCA Victor 45 US $2.77 Buy It Now 7 days
Soul 45 THE JIVE FIVE I'm A Happy Man on United Artist US $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JIVE FIVE~I'M A HAPPY MAN~NEAR MINT~UNITED ARTISTS~KISS KISS K~ NORTHERN SOUL 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Greg Kihn Band / Happy Man 45 rpm White Label Beserkley Promo Record 1982 Vinyl US $12.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Mike Doughty - Sad Man Happy Man - US PROMOTIONAL cd - RARE! US $7.17 Buy It Now 8 days
Greg Kihn Band Happy Man / Trouble In Paradise 7" 45 rpm Beserkley B-47463 NM US $2.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Brilliant Orange-Happy Man-12"-W/ Lyric Sheet-Near Mint-Vinyl-45 RPM-Zulep 3 US $11.95 Buy It Now 8 days
The Jive Five - Im A Happy Man - The Ua Album NEW CD US $15.66 Buy It Now 8 days
GREG KIHN BAND - Happy Man - Excellent Condition 7" Single Beserkley X 9735 US $6.42 Buy It Now 8 days
GREG KIHN BAND happy man 7" b/w trouble in paradise (bsk a2255) uk beserkley 198 US $8.43 Buy It Now 8 days
GREG KIHN BAND happy man 7" promo b/w trouble in paradise (bska2255) uk beserkle US $8.43 Buy It Now 8 days
GREG KIHN BAND happy man 7" b/w trouble in paradise (x9735) uk beserkley 1982 US $8.43 Buy It Now 8 days
THOMAS LANG happy man 10" uk epic 1988 3 track featuring long version,skin and a US $8.43 Buy It Now 8 days
THE JIVE FIVE I'M A HAPPY MAN ON UNITED ARTISTS SILVER SPOTLIGHT VG+ US $9.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE JIVE FIVE "I'M A HAPPY MAN" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Jive Five I'm A Happy Man / Kiss Kiss Kiss 45 RPM VG+ US $6.11 Buy It Now 9 days
Len Payton Happy Man/Hoe-Boogie vinyl 7" Windsor Records 4184 orig outer sleeve US $9.19 Buy It Now 9 days
THE JIVE FIVE I'm A Happy Man ORG ' 65 MONO SOUL EX! US $50.00 Buy It Now 9 days
2 GREG KIHN BAND 45s Happy Man , The Breakup Song BESERKLEY 47149 US $3.98 Buy It Now 9 days
+ BILL FRISELL 'Good Dog, Happy Man' CD VGC US $15.01 Buy It Now 9 days
BILL FRISELL "Good Dog, Happy Man" 2LP & CD 2009 Nonesuch (Vinyl Album) NEW US $29.95 Buy It Now 10 days
MAJORS~A WONDERFUL DREAM-I'M A HAPPY MAN~45 NEW~HEAR IT US $4.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Colonnials Lazy Mississippi Western Folk Pop 45 NM! Fabor Song of a Happy Man US $5.17 Buy It Now 10 days
BILLY McFARLAND - A HAPPY MAN - CD - New Release US $14.46 Buy It Now 10 days
B.J. THOMAS HAPPY MAN 1978 LP 33 MSB-6593 SEALED US $35.97 Buy It Now 10 days
BJ THOMAS CHRISTAIN LP..HAPPY MAN..VG PLUS VINYL US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy HAPPY THE MAN music online Buy HAPPY THE MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAPPY THE MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAPPY THE MAN Live ratings distribution

HAPPY THE MAN Live reviews

Review by Atavachron
4 stars Clean and elegant performance by one of America's best prog acts that captured the band just before the end of the classic progressive era and which highlights their extraordinary cohesion, syncopation and aplomb. The first third of the album indulges in Floydian space jams that sound great but the real fire begins with 'I Forgot to Push It' and just gets hotter from there. 'Ibby it Is', 'Steaming Pipes' and 'Knee Bitten Nymphs in Limbo' get the blood pumping with symphonic rock of the highest caliber. Considering the infrequency of this group's releases as well as symphonic prog rock from 1970s America, I see this record as one of their top three...nab it while you can.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#95475) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Recorded in the late seventies, this live album is made of songs exclusively selected from their first two albums (thank god). It almost took twenty years to release these recordings, after a compilation album (1989) and a effort which consisted of unreleased tracks (1990).

Several tracks selected are on the symphonic side of their work and are quite enjoyable. The "Genesis" influence is on the forefront, and therefore, this first part of the album has all my sympathy.

The mood switches to the jazzy flavours with "I Forgot To Push It". Some sort of useless jam IMHHO. But it is immediately followed by a good track of this live recording "Ibby It Is" from "Crafty Hands". Interms of influences, the jazzy feeling is dominating the second half of this set.

The tracks which have been selected are purely instrumental (which is anyway the majority of their work). This is probably a major factor in the "coldness" of this live set. And it is not the emotionless introduction to some of the numbers that will bring some warmth. Very intimate and confidential.

Music execution is well performed of course, but this is all but normal. What I miss is a bit more passion in the way to interact with the audience. It is as close to nothing. Complex music played by skilled musicians. OK. But at times it isn't enough.

As such, you'd better grab their two corresponding studio albums even if this live set is a good summary of those.

Three stars for this good album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#168203) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 20, 2008

5 stars This being (only)the second Happy the man record ive had the pleasure to encounter... all i can say is, if the other 5 titles are as GREAT as this...Waaauuuhh!!!! First of all, this is a live recording of this fabulous Us-band.Recorded at the "Cellar door" and at "Louie´s rock city" sometime in 1 ... (read more)

Report this review (#3400) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 09, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAPPY THE MAN "Live"