THE LONG GOODBYE

3. Grand Hotel (6:45)
4. Simple Sister (5:51)
5. A Salty Dog (5:53)
6. Pandora's Box (3:00)
7. A Whiter Shade of Pale (5:21)
8. Repent Walpurgis (5:40)
9. (You Can't) Turn Back the Page (4:11)
10. Strangers in Space (6:50)
11. Butterfly Boys (3:46)
12. The Long Goodbye (6:02)

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye lyrics

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye tabs

- Dave Bronze / bass
- Gary Brooker / lead vocals, piano, organ, harpsichord, accordion
- Mark Brzezicki / drums
- Matthew Fisher / the organ of All Saints Church, London W.8.
- Keith Reid / words

+ Mario Constantinou / bouzouki
- Andy Fairweather Low / guitar (11)
- James Galway / flute (6)
- Jerry Hadley / vocals (3)
- Tom Jones / vocals (4)
- Robin Trower / guitar (8)

- The London Symphony Orchestra / The London Philharmonic Orchestra / The Sinfonia of London / The Chameleon Arts Chorus
- Nicholas Dodd & Darryl Way: conducting the orchestras and arrangements, along with Christian Kabits & Gary Brooker.

CD RCA 68029

PROCOL HARUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye Music

Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony OrchestraLive in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
Procol Harum - Greatest HitsProcol Harum - Greatest Hits
Procol HarumProcol Harum
Import · Remastered · Extra tracks
PROCOL HARUM A WHITER SHADE OF PALE JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h
Procol Harum ?- Homburg - ex Yugoslavia US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
PROCOL HARUM pandora's box/the pipers tune CHS 2073 uk chrysalis 1975 7" WS EX/ US $11.82 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Greatest Hits [A&M] by Procol Harum (CD, A&M (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Definite Collection CD US $16.69 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Procol Harum LIVE 1972 London Symphony Orchestra 1st Press, CLEAN, VG+, RARE! US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Procol Harum - Live At Union Chapel [CD + DVD] - SALVOSVX017 US $16.62 Buy It Now 4h 33m
8 TRACK PROCOL HARUM PROCOL HARUM LIVE **ORIGINAL ISSUE** 155 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Procol Harum - Shine On Brightly Japan Mini LP Sleeve CD 20 Bit K2 NEW US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
PROCOL HARUM S/T Deram DES 18008 1967 1st US Prog/Psyche EX/EX Debut LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 38m
PROCOL HARUM "Procol's Ninth" 1975 US LP Chrysalis CHR1080 EX Condition US $6.49 Buy It Now 6h 44m
45RPM Procol Harum Lime Street Blues & US $10.39 Buy It Now 6h 49m
IN CONCERT WITH THE DANISH NATIONAL C BY PROCOL HARUM (CD) US $19.82 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Procol Harum- Broken Barricades-1971 Die Cut A&M SP-4294 Original Lp VG/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Classics Volume 17 by Procol Harum cd mint US $3.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - LIVE - THE CONCERT WITH THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA US $2.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum,Grand Hotel,8 Track Tape,Tested,Outer Sleeve,Rum Tale,Robert's Box US $6.69 Buy It Now 7h 53m
PROCOL HARUM - Broken Barricades LP ORIG 1971 1st press..EX+ disc US $28.72 Buy It Now 8h 22m
Procol Harum,The Best Of Procol Harum,1973, Prog Rock LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM GOLDEN PRIZE / 1972 GATEFOLD COVER WITH TW US $299.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
45 RPM RECORD SINGLE PROCOL HARUM A WHITER SHADE OF PALE LIME STREET BLUES DERAM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Something Magic by Procol Harum (CD, 1995, Castle-Essential UK) US $7.00 Buy It Now 8h 57m
PROMO WHITE LABEL PROCOL HARUM / RAMBLING ON / PS EP 7I US $129.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Tea Time Treats Biscuits PROMO LP.Kinks,Beach Boys,Stranglers,Procol Harum,Elton US $8.43 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, Korea Vinyl LP Record US $14.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum LIVE IN CONCERT 180g HQ AUDIOPHILE New Sealed MUSIC ON Vinyl LP US $27.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Procol Harum - The Prodigal Stranger CD 1991 Zoo Brooker Trower Fisher reunion US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h
PROCOL HARUM-GRAND HOTEL UNIQUE Press GREEK EX+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 6m
PROCOL HARUM - SHINE ON BRIGHTLY [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $40.62 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Rock 45 PROCOL HARUM Robert's Box on Chrysalis US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 26m
PROCOL HARUM - GREATEST HITS VOL. 1 / IN MINT COND! CASSETTE / / / / YES / ELP US $12.54 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Live w/ Edmonton Symphony" 1972 Rock LP, VG+, Original A US $4.95 Buy It Now 12h 25m
PROCOL HARUM something magic Japan mini lp CD K2HD SEALED US $11.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM broken barricades Japan mini lp CD SEALED US $19.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM PROCOL'S NINTH JAPAN MINI LP CD K2HD SEALED US $16.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM grand hotel JAPAN MINI LP CD K2HD SEALED US $16.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Lp Grand Hotel 1973 Chrysalis records US $12.95 Buy It Now 12h 49m
Procol Harum-A Souvenir of London (PS) VG+ US Promo US $11.99 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Procol Harum Grand Hotel 1973 Chrysalis Records Vinyl VG+ US $14.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Something Magic" GATEFOLD *Chrysalis CHR 1130* LP VG US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 41m
? Procol Harum - The Best of Procol Harum (Stateside) (Dutch) (w/ "Conquistador" US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 50m
procol harum 7" homburg / good captain clack 1967 original 1st press RZ3003 VG++ US $10.12 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Procol Harum Live; The Concert with The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra on LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Procol's Ninth prog art rock MINT 12" vinyl first press Lp US $8.26 [0 bids]
Procol Harum In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra [Vinyl] US $2.00 [0 bids]
45 RECORD PROCOL HARUM - SALTY DOG B/W CONQUISTADOR PICTURE SLEEVE P/S US $4.98 Buy It Now 16h 36m
PROCOL HARUM Homburg / Good Captain Clack 45 US $9.28 Buy It Now 16h 38m
Procol Harum Original Pressing Record Album Lot of 4 US $9.99 [1 bids]
PROCOL HARUM: Live In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra LP (original US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 22m
1967 PROCOL HARUM "LIME STREET BLUES/A WHITER SHADE OF PALE" 7" 45 UK RECORD VG+ US $1.59 Buy It Now 18h 26m
Home by Procol Harum CD MFSL New, Sealed US $89.99 Buy It Now 18h 46m
PROCOL HARUM CD, THE COLLECTION US $0.99 [0 bids]
radio Rock Over London 411 T. REX The Cult ROBIN TROWER Procol Harum interview US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 7m
PROCOL HARUM A Salty Dog 7.5 ips. 1969 A&M R2R tape NM! Robin Trower US $89.95 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel 1973 LP+Booklet Prog 12" CHRYSALIS US $11.95 Buy It Now 19h 16m
Vinyl LP Procol Harum Historia De La Musica Rock Spain US $5.75 Buy It Now 19h 28m
PROCOL HARUM A Salty Dog NM MFP LP France US $12.95 Buy It Now 19h 59m
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel CD 1973 original Chrysalis Records U.S. release US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 9m
PROCOL HARUM grand hotel JAPAN MINI LP CD K2HD SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 20h 26m
Procol's Ninth [Remaster] by Procol Harum (CD) Import Germany #REP 4919 US $8.00 Buy It Now 20h 30m
The Retrun Of Procol Harum CD The Interview RARE OOP PROMO US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
PROCOL HARUM Procol's Ninth JAPAN LTD MINI LP CD SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 11m
Symphonic Music of Procol Harum The Long Goodbye CD 1995 USA 12trk US $13.86 Buy It Now 23h 20m
Procol Harum Live US $1.49 Buy It Now 23h 23m
PROCOL HARUM A Salty Dog 1972 Compilation LP US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - The Best Of / Cassete Polish Press US $4.90 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO WHITE LABEL PROCOL HARUM JAPAN OBI PROCOL'S NINET US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum- "Grand Hotel"- Chrysalis CHR-1037 W/Booklet 1973 12" LP VG+ ROCK US $4.25 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM A SALTY DOG CASSETTE #2 Cassette Tape US $12.83 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM Greatest Hits Vol.1 1978 UK Vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION one US $10.12 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM-PANDORA'S BOX-DIFF. YUGOSLAV PS 45rpm 1975 US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Grand Hotel 1973 1st Chrysalis Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! A+ Sound! US $32.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM~JOHN LIQUORICE DEAD ALLSTARS'~RARE ITALIAN CD 1989~JOE COCKER~NEW US $42.24 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM THE BEST OF PROCOL HARUM (JAPAN) CASSETTE TAPE ALBUM E11 US $10.12 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM 'GREATEST HITS VOLUME I' UK LP US $13.51 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM A Whiter Shade Of Pale CD 1992 UNIQUE P/S SPAIN PLANETA AGOSTINI Ba US $10.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM A Whiter Shade Of Pale Mint WEA 1980s UK LP US $10.11 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM The Collection Ex Castle 1985 UK 2LP US $11.82 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM Broken Barricades A&M Vinyl LP 1971 Ex US $11.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum "Conquistador" Classic Hit Oz 7" US $9.33 Buy It Now 1 day
7" Spain Promo Meddley Procol Harum Ottis Readdomg Rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Grand Hotel CHR 1037 US 1973 Chrysalis Vinyl LP Record Album +book US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BOBBY HARRISON - ANTHOLOGY - PROCOL HARUM FREEDOM 2 CD US $14.27 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM-THE BEST OF PROCOL HARUM 1972 A&M REC, GATEFOLD LP SP-4401 EXC. VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM-EXOTIC BIRDS AND FRUIT 1974 CHRYSALIS RECORDS LP CHT 1058 EXC. VG+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM-WELCOME TO THE GRAND HOTEL +BOOK-CHRYSALIS CHR 1037 NO BC NM/VG+ LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel OUT OF PRINT REMASTERED & EXPANDED Paper Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum LP 1975 Procol's Ninth original green label US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $33.79 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE 2for1 OFFER- Procol Harum ?- Exotic Birds And Fruit Label: Chrysalis ?- CHR US $18.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Exotic Birds and Fruit US 1974 white label promo LP NM US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Grand Hotel US 1973 white label promo LP with booklet VG+ US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM- LIVE IN CONCERT WITH THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA. BROWN A US $9.92 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Homburg 1967 7" Regal Zonophone RZ 3003 US $5.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - Pandora's Box 1975 7" Chrysalis CHS 2073 US $5.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum, Broken Barricades,8 Track Tape,Tested,Simple Sister,Memorial Drive US $6.69 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - LIVE w/ THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (SP4335) VG+ cond. NICE! US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A.Baby Boomer Classics: Progressive Seventies w/King Crimson, Procol Harum US $6.95 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM**EXOTIC BIRDS AND FRUIT (REMASTERED/BONUS TRACKS)**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - A SALTY DOG - RARE - URUGUAY (4pics) US $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy PROCOL HARUM music online Buy PROCOL HARUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PROCOL HARUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye ratings distribution

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars This CD has been with me since 1998, I think. But I rarely played it until couple of days ago I got a short message at my cell phone: "Mas, do you have GRAND HOTEL song of Procol Harum?". Then I found this CD at my collection and I spun it again WOW!

"Love it" or "Hate it"? It's really up to you! For me personally, I have strong reasons why I love this Gary Brooker solo album (rather than Procol Harum's one, I think). First, I have always loved the bands (the classic ones, of course) that I loved during my childhood were taken into a grandiose effort using a full-blown orchestra. This happened as well to "Symphonic Music of YES" and even I love "Yessymphonic" CD and DVD as well. Why? Because I want to hear how it differs with the original studio album recording. Second, anything about rock music that is later combined with full orchestra has created a curiosity for me to listen to it. Am now waiting for August 29, 2006 when Dream Theater release their DVD / CDs resulting from their concert with a full orchestra. So that's why I tend to like "symphonic music of .." kind of thing.

Let's talk about this album which was recorded for a full year period from April 1994 until March 1995. Quite a long time to produce a single album. This is understandable because it involves many musicians and different orchestra: The London Symphony Orchestra and The London Philharmonic Orchestra (even though only two tracks: "Simple Sister" and "[You Can't] Turn Back The Page". Arrnegrs include: Nicholas Dodd (who also serves as Conductor), Darryl way, Gary Brooker, Christian Kabitz. Gary Brooker produced this album.

The album comprises great tracks like my all-time Procol Harum favorites like "Conquistador" (3:36), "Homburg" (4:46), "Grand Hotel" (6:45), "Repent Walpurgis" (5:40), "A Whiter Shades of Pale" (5:21). Well, the good part about this symphonic music is that all of the tracks with vocal in its original studio version, it is also featured here - mostly by brilliant and unique voice of Gary Brooker. Most arrangements don't differ in melody with its original version; the difference lies on the textures of the song because almost all Mathew Fischer's unique mellotron / organ sounds are now replaced with string section. "A Salty Dog" (5:53) is better being performed here than the original version - according to my taste.

It's quite surprising that Tom Jones was invited to fill in the vocal line in "Simple Sister" (5:51). "Pandora's Box" (3:00) is great with flute work by James Galway. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" (5:21) arranged with this orchestration has made me nggeblak! man. It's truly great! I do enjoy both, this version as well as the original. It sheds light of my bright childhood really. Oh man I remember vividly how I regularly swam at Bengawan Solo river and after that took a break while listening a cassette of this song . What a wonderful childhood with rock music man! And now . "Repent Walpurgis" is ready to kill my bone! I cannot afford to sustain with the catchy organ melody (which is now replaced with soft orchestration) at the opening part .. Oh my GOD! What a great melody this song offers . especially when thee guitar solo by Robin Tower enters the scene . it really kills me! Subhanallah ..

Of couse, I don't want to tell every single passage of emotional ecstasy that I experience while I'm listening to this album as it will take a novel long review - which, I believe, you won't read it anyway! My advise simple: BUY THIS ALBUM! If you claim yourself as claro (classic rock) mania, this orchestrated version of Procol Harum's tunes is a MUST! Otherwise, don't call yourself as a true claro lover! That's why I give this solo album by Gary Brooker a five star rating - it's a masterpiece of classic rock arrangement! Don't miss this one man! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#87719) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 20, 2006

Post a review of PROCOL HARUM "The Long Goodbye"