THE LONG GOODBYE

3. Grand Hotel (6:45)
4. Simple Sister (5:51)
5. A Salty Dog (5:53)
6. Pandora's Box (3:00)
7. A Whiter Shade of Pale (5:21)
8. Repent Walpurgis (5:40)
9. (You Can't) Turn Back the Page (4:11)
10. Strangers in Space (6:50)
11. Butterfly Boys (3:46)
12. The Long Goodbye (6:02)

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye lyrics

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye tabs

- Dave Bronze / bass
- Gary Brooker / lead vocals, piano, organ, harpsichord, accordion
- Mark Brzezicki / drums
- Matthew Fisher / the organ of All Saints Church, London W.8.
- Keith Reid / words

+ Mario Constantinou / bouzouki
- Andy Fairweather Low / guitar (11)
- James Galway / flute (6)
- Jerry Hadley / vocals (3)
- Tom Jones / vocals (4)
- Robin Trower / guitar (8)

- The London Symphony Orchestra / The London Philharmonic Orchestra / The Sinfonia of London / The Chameleon Arts Chorus
- Nicholas Dodd & Darryl Way: conducting the orchestras and arrangements, along with Christian Kabits & Gary Brooker.

CD RCA 68029

PROCOL HARUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye Music

Procol Harum - Greatest HitsProcol Harum - Greatest Hits
Remastered
A&M 1996
Broken BarricadesBroken Barricades
Best of Procol HarumBest of Procol Harum
A & M Records 2002
Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony OrchestraLive in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
Import · Remastered
A Whiter Shade of PaleA Whiter Shade of Pale
Import · Extra tracks
Repertoire 1997
Grand HotelGrand Hotel
Import · Remastered
SALVO 2009
In Concert With Danish National Concert OrchestraIn Concert With Danish National Concert Orchestra
Eagle Records 2009
Well's on FireWell's on Fire
Imports 2009
PROCOL HARUM 45 Pandora's Box / The Piper's Tune - NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 37m 24s
PROCOL HARUM Greatest Hits - IMPORT - 16 Tracks - NO BAR CODE - VG+ CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 26s
PROCOL HARUM A WHITER SHADE OF PALE 67' GERMAN 7" PS US $34.99 Buy It Now 41m 49s
PROCOL HARUM NINTH RARE YUGO PRESS MINT1975 LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 41m 52s
Procol Harum In The Studio for The Best of Album Orig 1991 Music US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
procol harum GARY BROOKER No More Fear RARE CD + bonus US $85.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
CD-Procol Harum-The Prodigal Stranger Interview US $15.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum-Live With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra-Original LP~VG++! US $1.99 [0 bids]
RARE PROG ROCK 45 - PROCOL HARUM - SIMPLE SISTER - A&M 1287 PROMO US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Procol Harum: Broken Barricades / SP 4294 US $8.62 Buy It Now 2h 37m
"WITHIN OUR HOUSE * by GARY BROOKER (CD, Sep-1997, Repertoire) PROCOL HARUM US $1,199.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
PROCOL HARUM "Broken Barricades" 1971 LP Robin Trower! US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 32m
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel '73 LP ORIG GREEN label pr pre-ROBIN TROWER + BOOKLET!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Procol Harum - Greatest Hits Vinyl LP - Neon 8333010 - Netherlands - EX US $5.95 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Albums (2) - Home and Live in Concert W/ Edmonton Orchestra US $5.00 [0 bids]
vintage Procol Harum Whiter Shade of Pale LP record PICTURE DISC 1979 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
45 RPM Record - Deram - Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale - Lime Street Blue US $1.99 [1 bids]
PROCOL HARUM w/ Robin Trower ( VG / VG+ ) 1967 U.S. self titled DEBUT vinyl LP US $15.95 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Matthew Fisher: Journey's End RCA APL 100195 Procol Harum US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 53m
PROCOL HARUM CLASSICS VOLUME 17 US $3.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - SOUVENIR OF LONDON - PORTUGAL 45 FREE SHIPPING US $15.00 Buy It Now 7h 15m
PROCOL HARUM A Whiter Shade Of Pale & Homburg 7" 45 + juke box title strip NEW US $27.13 Buy It Now 7h 18m
Lot 2 rare prog rock promo 7" PROCOL HARUM Simple Sister Bring Home the Bacon VG US $7.95 Buy It Now 7h 43m
PROCOL HARUM Conquistador & Pandora's Box 7" 45 + juke box title strip NEW US $22.61 Buy It Now 7h 49m
PROCOL HARUM A Salty Dog VINYL - Gary Brooker Whiter Shade Pale Autograph SIGNED US $99.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
SEALED PROCOL HARUM SHINE ON BRIGHTLY 1995 A&M .. OLDIES 1960'S US $5.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - "Grand Hotel" LP 1973 1st CANADA PRESS - UNIPAK COVER w/ BOOKLET US $23.88 Buy It Now 10h 2m
PROCOL HARUM - Homburg - 7 inch Vinyl Record US $3.25 Buy It Now 11h 43m
PROCOL HARUM / A WHITER SHADE OF PALE LP w/Insert Orig JAPAN ISSUE US $44.99 Buy It Now 11h 58m
PROCOL HARUM "CONQUISTADOR" GERMAN 70'S 7' US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 9m
PROCOL HARUM - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF H3) US $8.08 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Classics Volume 17 by Procol Harum cd mint US $2.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM live at the union chapel JAPAN DVD CH15 US $17.99 Buy It Now 15h 47m
PROCOL HARUM~'A Salty Dog'~UK Compilation LP 1972~MFP 5277~A-1U/B-1U~PROG ROCK US $24.47 Buy It Now 15h 56m
PROCOL HARUM 7" PS Japan promo FIRES r8484 US $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 25m
SEBASTIAN HARDIE/PROCOL HARUM/PLATTERS Japan Promo 12" US $48.99 Buy It Now 17h 5m
'72 PROCOL HARUM LP Live In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra US $0.99 [0 bids]
COMPILATION A WORLD OF HITS A WHITER SHADE LP PROCOL HARUM EX US $7.33 Buy It Now 17h 45m
PROCOL HARUM-GRAND HOTEL/ROBERT'S BOX-ORIGINAL GERMAN PS 45rpm 7" SINGLE 1973 US $13.00 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Procol Harum - Shine On Brightly US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 55m
PROCOL HARUM Broken Barricades A&M SP 4294 DBX AUDIOPHILE w/ DBX Info Insert US $3.99 [1 bids]
PROCOL HARUM: Exotic Birds And Fruit LP CHRYSALIS RECORDS CHT1058 US 1974 NM- US $13.49 Buy It Now 20h 40m
PROCOL HARUM - Live: In Concert With Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (reissue) - LP US $33.61 Buy It Now 20h 43m
All-Time favourite Lovesongs (Box) : Joe Cocker, Jimmy Helms, Procol Harum, Paul US $6.91 Buy It Now 20h 46m
Procol Harum - A Salty Dog (2004) Special 2CD+DVD Collectors Edition NEW/SEALED US $15.85 Buy It Now 20h 52m
PROCOL HARUM Anthology Volume 1 Japan Import CD 2 Disc 23 Tracks 1991 RARE OOP US $49.99 Buy It Now 21h 9m
Procol Harum - Conquistador - 45 rpm 7' Original vinyl single US $9.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM PORTRAIT RARE IMPORT LP RECORD US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 30m
Procol Harum - In Concert (with Danish National Concert Orchestra US $10.95 Buy It Now 21h 34m
PROCOL HARUM EP MADE IN FRANCE 45 PS 7 * A WHITER SHADE OF PALE * FRENCH US $9.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel USA Gatefold Sleeve LP w/ Booklet US $4.99 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD Procol Harum ?- Procol Harum 11 Bonus Tracks SALVOCD016 US $15.56 [13 bids]
robin trower take what you need 1988 german atlantic near mint procol harum US $16.32 Buy It Now 23h 29m
PROCOL HARUM LIVE IN CONCERT 1972 12" Vinyl LP A&M SP-4335 Progressive Rock US $6.50 Buy It Now 23h 30m
Procol Harum - Homburg / good captain clack -45 RPM - VG+ condition US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Best of Procol Harum Vintage Vinyl0598 p1972 US $9.98 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Simple Sister / Simple Sister (VG) 1971 Promo #1680 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM, Greatest Hits (Netherlands) LP US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM grand hotel LP VG+ Promo CHR 1037 Chrysalis 1973 USA Wlp US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM LP GRAND HOTEL US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM BROKEN BARRICADES ORIGINAL1971 ISSUE ON GOLD AM VINYL NM CONDITION! US $9.98 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM best of LP 12 track unique live sleeve (2345022) german karussell 1 US $33.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Grand Hotel USA Cassette Tape columbia House US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
1972 20 Original Recordings CD-Don McLean, ELO, Hollies, Procol Harum, The Move+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale / Conquistador / 7" 45 - NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - A Salty Dog CD (CD 3123) US $17.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM HOME SP-4261 LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM SOMETHING MAGIC CHR-1130 LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Greatest Hits Vol 1 - Pickwick 12" vinyl US $1.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Live In Concert Edmonton Symphony Orch EXCELLENT RARE ORIG '72 LP US $2.96 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel CHR1037 LP AF4078 US $4.99 [1 bids]
SHINE ON BRIGHTLY Gatefold PROCOL HARUM A&M US Issue Surreal Nude Cvr Psych Prog US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
B.L.T. - Robin Trower LP Jack Bruce Procol Harum guitar rock Cream US $3.99 [0 bids]
Caravan To Midnight - Robin Trower LP IN SHRINK Procol Harum guitar rock US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of Procol Harum LP White Label Promo US $20.00 [0 bids]
Long Misty Days - Robin Trower LP IN SHRINK Procol Harum guitar rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
Long Misty Days - Robin Trower LP Procol Harum guitar rock US $3.99 [0 bids]
Truce - Robin Trower LP Jack Bruce Procol Harum guitar rock Cream US $4.99 [0 bids]
Twice Removed From Yesterday - Robin Trower LP Procol Harum guitar rock US $3.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM JAPAN MINI PROCOL'S NINTH CD + PROMO OBI. US $29.95 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM JAPAN MINI SOMETHING MAGIC CD + PROMO OBI. BRAND NEW. US $29.95 [0 bids]
22 Cassettes Box-Crosby,Stills,Nash &Young,The Beach Boys,The Doors,Procol Harum US $53.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum 1970 10 x 8 Agency Publicity Photo US $24.49 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel LP US $13.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum "Grand Hotel" 1973 New CD US $9.05 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "The Chrysalis Years 1973 - 1977" NEW US $9.05 [0 bids]
DECCA STEREO PROG PSYCH POP A WHITER SHADE LP SPA 7 PROCOL HARUM ZOMBIES THEM US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Homburg Rare Import PSYCH PROG ROCK 7" 45rpm Record Single new US $49.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Conquistador Rare Import PSYCh PROG ROCK 7" 45rpm Record Single new US $49.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum-Wizard Man/Backgammon UK 7" EX+ Cond US $11.41 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - THE WELL'S ON FIRE ~ 13 Track CD *NEW* US $31.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - Exotic Birds And Fruit [Chrysalis] (UK LP VG+ Vinyl) US $21.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - Something Magic - Original Japanese Mini LP US $16.31 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM "A WHITER SHADE OF PALE", LP, RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM "GRAND HOTEL", LP, 24-PAGE INSERT, RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - The First Four - 2CD (Union Square Music #METRDCD521 - UK 2003) US $29.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum, A Whiter Shade Of Pale / Lime Street Blues US $2.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Shine On Brightly Original A&M Records LP # 4151 © 1968 US $10.00 [0 bids]
7" PROCOL HARUM " HOMBURG/GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK/MABEL" 60'S POP US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Gary Brooker - No More Fear Of Flying LP Procol Harum Paramounts Ringo Wyman US $8.16 [0 bids]

More places to buy PROCOL HARUM music online Buy PROCOL HARUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PROCOL HARUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye ratings distribution

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars This CD has been with me since 1998, I think. But I rarely played it until couple of days ago I got a short message at my cell phone: "Mas, do you have GRAND HOTEL song of Procol Harum?". Then I found this CD at my collection and I spun it again WOW!

"Love it" or "Hate it"? It's really up to you! For me personally, I have strong reasons why I love this Gary Brooker solo album (rather than Procol Harum's one, I think). First, I have always loved the bands (the classic ones, of course) that I loved during my childhood were taken into a grandiose effort using a full-blown orchestra. This happened as well to "Symphonic Music of YES" and even I love "Yessymphonic" CD and DVD as well. Why? Because I want to hear how it differs with the original studio album recording. Second, anything about rock music that is later combined with full orchestra has created a curiosity for me to listen to it. Am now waiting for August 29, 2006 when Dream Theater release their DVD / CDs resulting from their concert with a full orchestra. So that's why I tend to like "symphonic music of .." kind of thing.

Let's talk about this album which was recorded for a full year period from April 1994 until March 1995. Quite a long time to produce a single album. This is understandable because it involves many musicians and different orchestra: The London Symphony Orchestra and The London Philharmonic Orchestra (even though only two tracks: "Simple Sister" and "[You Can't] Turn Back The Page". Arrnegrs include: Nicholas Dodd (who also serves as Conductor), Darryl way, Gary Brooker, Christian Kabitz. Gary Brooker produced this album.

The album comprises great tracks like my all-time Procol Harum favorites like "Conquistador" (3:36), "Homburg" (4:46), "Grand Hotel" (6:45), "Repent Walpurgis" (5:40), "A Whiter Shades of Pale" (5:21). Well, the good part about this symphonic music is that all of the tracks with vocal in its original studio version, it is also featured here - mostly by brilliant and unique voice of Gary Brooker. Most arrangements don't differ in melody with its original version; the difference lies on the textures of the song because almost all Mathew Fischer's unique mellotron / organ sounds are now replaced with string section. "A Salty Dog" (5:53) is better being performed here than the original version - according to my taste.

It's quite surprising that Tom Jones was invited to fill in the vocal line in "Simple Sister" (5:51). "Pandora's Box" (3:00) is great with flute work by James Galway. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" (5:21) arranged with this orchestration has made me nggeblak! man. It's truly great! I do enjoy both, this version as well as the original. It sheds light of my bright childhood really. Oh man I remember vividly how I regularly swam at Bengawan Solo river and after that took a break while listening a cassette of this song . What a wonderful childhood with rock music man! And now . "Repent Walpurgis" is ready to kill my bone! I cannot afford to sustain with the catchy organ melody (which is now replaced with soft orchestration) at the opening part .. Oh my GOD! What a great melody this song offers . especially when thee guitar solo by Robin Tower enters the scene . it really kills me! Subhanallah ..

Of couse, I don't want to tell every single passage of emotional ecstasy that I experience while I'm listening to this album as it will take a novel long review - which, I believe, you won't read it anyway! My advise simple: BUY THIS ALBUM! If you claim yourself as claro (classic rock) mania, this orchestrated version of Procol Harum's tunes is a MUST! Otherwise, don't call yourself as a true claro lover! That's why I give this solo album by Gary Brooker a five star rating - it's a masterpiece of classic rock arrangement! Don't miss this one man! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#87719) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 20, 2006

Post a review of PROCOL HARUM "The Long Goodbye"