THE LONG GOODBYE

3. Grand Hotel (6:45)
4. Simple Sister (5:51)
5. A Salty Dog (5:53)
6. Pandora's Box (3:00)
7. A Whiter Shade of Pale (5:21)
8. Repent Walpurgis (5:40)
9. (You Can't) Turn Back the Page (4:11)
10. Strangers in Space (6:50)
11. Butterfly Boys (3:46)
12. The Long Goodbye (6:02)

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye lyrics

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye tabs

- Dave Bronze / bass
- Gary Brooker / lead vocals, piano, organ, harpsichord, accordion
- Mark Brzezicki / drums
- Matthew Fisher / the organ of All Saints Church, London W.8.
- Keith Reid / words

+ Mario Constantinou / bouzouki
- Andy Fairweather Low / guitar (11)
- James Galway / flute (6)
- Jerry Hadley / vocals (3)
- Tom Jones / vocals (4)
- Robin Trower / guitar (8)

- The London Symphony Orchestra / The London Philharmonic Orchestra / The Sinfonia of London / The Chameleon Arts Chorus
- Nicholas Dodd & Darryl Way: conducting the orchestras and arrangements, along with Christian Kabits & Gary Brooker.

CD RCA 68029

PROCOL HARUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye Music

Procol Harum - Greatest HitsProcol Harum - Greatest Hits
Remastered
A&M 1996
Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony OrchestraLive in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
Import · Remastered
Broken BarricadesBroken Barricades
SALVO 2009
Long Goodbye: Symphonic Music of Procol HarumLong Goodbye: Symphonic Music of Procol Harum
RCA 1995
Exotic Birds & FruitExotic Birds & Fruit
Import · Remastered
Best of Procol HarumBest of Procol Harum
A & M Records 2002
Procol Harum - Wells On Fire, The (NEW CD) US $10.00 Buy It Now 44m 59s
PROCOL HARUM LP - EXOTIC BIRDS AND FRUIT - NEAR MINT US $9.00 Buy It Now 45m 45s
Procol Harum Exotic Birds and Fruit vinyl LP 1974 VG+ Chrysalis Records US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 56m
PROCOL HARUM: Shine On Brightly LP (original brown label, VG+ gatefold cover fe US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
PROCOL HARUM: Portrait LP (Netherlands, partially-laminated gatefold cover sl c US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
PROCOL HARUM - BEST OF (UK) NEW CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 2h 23m
GARY BROOKER 'LEAD ME TO THE WATER' PROCOL HARUM 1982 MERCURY STERLING LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
PROCOL HARUM GREATEST HITS CASSETTE TAPE MADE IN HOLLAND US $9.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM CASSETTE TAPE GRAND HOTEL CHRYSALIS ZCHR 1037 US $9.99 [0 bids]
PARAMOUNTS:(Pre-Procol Harum)Little Bitty Pretty One-Certain-Girl-U.K.Parlophone US $84.98 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Matthew Fisher LP SEALED Procol Harum SSW rural US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 51m
PROCOL HARUM'S "A Salty Dog" LP-Compilation (UK) on MFP 5277 label. 1975 US $18.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Live: In Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra [Bonus... US $1.00 [1 bids]
Procol Harum - 30th Anniversary Anthology (3x CD 2003) UK IMPORT US $46.95 Buy It Now 5h 34m
PROCOL HARUM - SELF TITLED - PSYCHEDELIC, PROG - ORIGINAL W/POSTER - NM- VINYL US $15.01 [4 bids]
Absolument Fabuleux Soundtrack Cd Import Procol Harum B-52s US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Procol Harum, Self Titled, Deram, In Shrink, VG+ US $7.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Shine On Brightly SP 4151 A&M Gatefold EX/EX 1968 OOP Prog Rock US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Procol Harum?- The Chrysalis Years 1973-1977(CD 1993)CEMA ?-S21-56907 Brand New US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
Procol Harum,Greatest Hits,A&M (USA),Rock,gently used CD,EX US $1.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM: The Best Of LP A&M RECORDS SP4401 US 1972 Gatefold NM US $11.69 Buy It Now 9h 4m
PROCOL HARUM "GRAND HOTEL", LP, 24-PAGE INSERT, RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
PROCOL HARUM "A WHITER SHADE OF PALE", LP, RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 22m
PROCOL HARUM 'In Concert + Edmonton Symphony Orchestra' MOV 180g Vinyl LP NEW US $30.73 Buy It Now 11h 26m
PROCOL HARUM Broken Barricades LP A&M SP 4249 (1971) unipak original US $4.79 Buy It Now 12h 43m
FANTASTIC ORIGINAL HITS, V/A /T. REX, PROCOL HARUM/ LP 1972 UK A1/B1 EX/EX US $8.39 Buy It Now 14h 12m
7"-Single GARY BROOKER - No More Fear Of Flying (1979) HOLLAND PS / PROCOL HARUM US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
PROCOL HARUM - PROCOL HARUM [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $28.15 Buy It Now 15h 39m
PROCOL HARUM 3INCH CD / A WHITER SHADE OF PALE / HOMBUR US $49.99 Buy It Now 15h 59m
PROCOL HARUM-A WHITER SHADE OF PALE US $0.16 [1 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - WELL'S ON FIRE NEW CD US $20.66 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Procol Harum - Procol's Ninth [Chrysalis] (UK LP Ex. Vinyl) US $19.34 Buy It Now 16h 31m
BEST OF KING BISCUIT Vol 2 Stray Cats Iggy Pop Elton John Kansas Procol Harum CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 5m
Procol Harum - Homburg / good captain clack -45 RPM - VG+ condition US $2.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Grand Hotel 1973 Chrysalis Records Vinyl VG+ US $14.99 [0 bids]
KEITH REID Common Thread CD Procol Harum Solo John Waite Chris Thompson NEW 2008 US $6.99 Buy It Now 19h 10m
Procol Harum Greatest Hits Cassette Tape New Sealed US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 37m
Bob Dylan Blood Procol Harum Shine On Brightly 2 vintage import Cassette Tapes US $9.95 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM SOMETHING MAGIC MINI LP CD OBI US $15.95 Buy It Now 19h 43m
Procol Harum-Conquistador (PS) VG+ US $5.49 Buy It Now 20h
PROCOL HARUM LIVE WITH THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY & DA CAMERA SINGERS 1972 No B/C LP US $12.79 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Whiter shade of pale URUGUAY 7" LONDON BLUE B-SIDE RARE!! US $30.00 Buy It Now 20h 35m
Procol Harum self titled LP 1967 pressing Whiter Shade Of Pale US $4.50 [1 bids]
PROCOL HARUM SOMETHING MAGIC US $5.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM A Whiter Shade Of Pale 45 Original Deram Psych NM Beauty!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum~Rare US Promo PS 45" Whiter shade of pale EX 1972 A US $12.25 Buy It Now 22h 15m
Procol Harum~Rare OZ LP Grand hotel NM 1973 Chrysalis Prog Art Rock with booklet US $21.91 Buy It Now 22h 16m
Procol Harum~Original OZ LP Procol's ninth NM 1975 Chrysalis Prog Art Rock   US $16.64 Buy It Now 22h 16m
Procol Harum~Original OZ LP Live in concert NM 1972 A&M Prog Art Rock   US $16.64 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Procol Harum~Original US LP Something magic VG+ 1977 Prog Art Rock     US $14.89 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Procol Harum - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra [Vinyl New] US $30.93 Buy It Now 22h 32m
PROCOL HARUM. PANDORA'S BOX /THE PIPERS TUNE-Chrysalis CHS 2073-UK 7" 1975-VG++ US $4.82 Buy It Now 22h 33m
PROCOL HARUM CONQUISTADOR . FRENCH P/S RARE US $1.60 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Procol's Ninth (1995 Castle remaster of 1975 prog rock classic) US $6.29 Buy It Now 23h
RARE ~ PROMO ~ Procol Harum ~ BOREDOM ~ THE DEVIL CAME FROM KANSAS ~ 45 RPM NM US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 8m
PROCOL HARUM Live '72 A&M first press with "Conquistador" sticker in shrink NM- US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 8m
PROCOL HARUM "IN CONCERT WITH THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA" LP 1972 NEAR MINT US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 12m
PROCOL HARUM - A WHTER SHADE OF PALE - NEW ZEALAND 7" DERAM DM.126 / 1967 NM/EX US $6.44 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Shine on Brightly" LP NM Rare Russian Press US $12.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - The First Four - 2CD (Union Square Music #METRDCD521 - UK 2003) US $24.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM**LIVE IN CONCERT: W/ EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (180G)**VINYL US $26.95 Buy It Now 23h 50m
Procol Harum Grand Hotel 8 Track Tape TESTED US $10.00 Buy It Now 23h 56m
PROCOL HARUM PANDORAS BOX / THE PIPERS TUNE 7" VINYL SINGLE US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM-THE BEST OF PROCOL HARUM 1972 A&M REC, GATEFOLD LP SP-4401 EXC. VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - Portfolio - Compilation Cassette - PLAY TESTED US $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
14 TOP HITS N.O.W Ft Joe Cocker PROCOL HARUM T Rex THE MOVE UK press US $12.89 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - Shine On Brightly ~ VINYL LP MONO US $225.82 [0 bids]
LP PROCOL HARUM PROCOL HARUM LIVE **EXC VINYL** 347 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - Conquistador CD UK import US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FACTORY SEALED DBX Encoded LP Broken Barricades Procol Harum A&M Rec. SP 4294 US $24.00 [0 bids]
Classic Tracks & Rarities: An Anthology, Procol Harum, Good Import US $26.04 Buy It Now 1 day
procol harum lp exotic birds and fruit cht 1058 vg/m- US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM "quite rightly so" VINYL 7 RARE unique sleeve MADE IN ITALY US $20.00 [0 bids]
prog PROCOL HARUM Home ORIG 1970 A&M brown label LP US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum "Shine On Brightly" LP SP4151 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum-Grand Hotel LP 1973 Chrysalis US VG+/VG+ With NM Lyric Booklet US $3.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Home, 8-Track tape, 1970 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum (5 Records) Grand Hotel, Exotic Birds and Fruit, Broken Barricades. US $8.99 [0 bids]
BEE GEES,PROCOL HARUM,ANIMALS,COWSILLS,ARETHA FRANKLYN Japan Promo 7"EP US $129.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - Greatest Hits Vol.1 - UK 8-track Pickwick label vinyl LP US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - Unofficial Rare Grey Back Cover U.S SELLER US $3.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Live: In Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra 1972 A US $5.00 [0 bids]
PARAMOUNTS Poison Ivy Pre Procol Harum Liverpool sound label 45 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Prodigal Stranger by Procol Harum/Robin Trower/new cd US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM LP VINYL LIVE THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA A&M BROWN LABEL EXC US $3.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum-Shine On Brightly-LP-Gatefold-A&M-SP 4151-Near Mint-Vinyl Record US $8.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum "Broken Barricades" A&M 1971 'Simple Sister' US $5.79 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Grand Hotel" A&M 1973 'Bringing Home the Bacon' US $5.79 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Shine on Brightly" A&M 1968 US $5.79 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel LP UK US $8.78 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM Live LP USA VG++ US $10.54 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM: The Best of rock A&M SP-4401 vinyl US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM: Live With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits [A&M] by Procol Harum (CD, May-1996, A&M (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Deram 1st Self titled LP DES-18008 US $12.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Exotic Birds And Fruit LP CHT 1058 US $9.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - "Shine On Brightly" - A&M SP 4151 LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits [A&M] by Procol Harum (CD, May-1996, A&M (USA)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - Homburg - Original Australian 7" VINYL Single 1967 US $8.77 [0 bids]
Procol Harum The Chrysalis Years 1973-1977 Cd CEMA 1993 Near Mint!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy PROCOL HARUM music online Buy PROCOL HARUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PROCOL HARUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye ratings distribution

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars This CD has been with me since 1998, I think. But I rarely played it until couple of days ago I got a short message at my cell phone: "Mas, do you have GRAND HOTEL song of Procol Harum?". Then I found this CD at my collection and I spun it again WOW!

"Love it" or "Hate it"? It's really up to you! For me personally, I have strong reasons why I love this Gary Brooker solo album (rather than Procol Harum's one, I think). First, I have always loved the bands (the classic ones, of course) that I loved during my childhood were taken into a grandiose effort using a full-blown orchestra. This happened as well to "Symphonic Music of YES" and even I love "Yessymphonic" CD and DVD as well. Why? Because I want to hear how it differs with the original studio album recording. Second, anything about rock music that is later combined with full orchestra has created a curiosity for me to listen to it. Am now waiting for August 29, 2006 when Dream Theater release their DVD / CDs resulting from their concert with a full orchestra. So that's why I tend to like "symphonic music of .." kind of thing.

Let's talk about this album which was recorded for a full year period from April 1994 until March 1995. Quite a long time to produce a single album. This is understandable because it involves many musicians and different orchestra: The London Symphony Orchestra and The London Philharmonic Orchestra (even though only two tracks: "Simple Sister" and "[You Can't] Turn Back The Page". Arrnegrs include: Nicholas Dodd (who also serves as Conductor), Darryl way, Gary Brooker, Christian Kabitz. Gary Brooker produced this album.

The album comprises great tracks like my all-time Procol Harum favorites like "Conquistador" (3:36), "Homburg" (4:46), "Grand Hotel" (6:45), "Repent Walpurgis" (5:40), "A Whiter Shades of Pale" (5:21). Well, the good part about this symphonic music is that all of the tracks with vocal in its original studio version, it is also featured here - mostly by brilliant and unique voice of Gary Brooker. Most arrangements don't differ in melody with its original version; the difference lies on the textures of the song because almost all Mathew Fischer's unique mellotron / organ sounds are now replaced with string section. "A Salty Dog" (5:53) is better being performed here than the original version - according to my taste.

It's quite surprising that Tom Jones was invited to fill in the vocal line in "Simple Sister" (5:51). "Pandora's Box" (3:00) is great with flute work by James Galway. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" (5:21) arranged with this orchestration has made me nggeblak! man. It's truly great! I do enjoy both, this version as well as the original. It sheds light of my bright childhood really. Oh man I remember vividly how I regularly swam at Bengawan Solo river and after that took a break while listening a cassette of this song . What a wonderful childhood with rock music man! And now . "Repent Walpurgis" is ready to kill my bone! I cannot afford to sustain with the catchy organ melody (which is now replaced with soft orchestration) at the opening part .. Oh my GOD! What a great melody this song offers . especially when thee guitar solo by Robin Tower enters the scene . it really kills me! Subhanallah ..

Of couse, I don't want to tell every single passage of emotional ecstasy that I experience while I'm listening to this album as it will take a novel long review - which, I believe, you won't read it anyway! My advise simple: BUY THIS ALBUM! If you claim yourself as claro (classic rock) mania, this orchestrated version of Procol Harum's tunes is a MUST! Otherwise, don't call yourself as a true claro lover! That's why I give this solo album by Gary Brooker a five star rating - it's a masterpiece of classic rock arrangement! Don't miss this one man! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#87719) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 20, 2006

Post a review of PROCOL HARUM "The Long Goodbye"