THE LONG GOODBYE

3. Grand Hotel (6:45)
4. Simple Sister (5:51)
5. A Salty Dog (5:53)
6. Pandora's Box (3:00)
7. A Whiter Shade of Pale (5:21)
8. Repent Walpurgis (5:40)
9. (You Can't) Turn Back the Page (4:11)
10. Strangers in Space (6:50)
11. Butterfly Boys (3:46)
12. The Long Goodbye (6:02)

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye lyrics

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye tabs

- Dave Bronze / bass
- Gary Brooker / lead vocals, piano, organ, harpsichord, accordion
- Mark Brzezicki / drums
- Matthew Fisher / the organ of All Saints Church, London W.8.
- Keith Reid / words

+ Mario Constantinou / bouzouki
- Andy Fairweather Low / guitar (11)
- James Galway / flute (6)
- Jerry Hadley / vocals (3)
- Tom Jones / vocals (4)
- Robin Trower / guitar (8)

- The London Symphony Orchestra / The London Philharmonic Orchestra / The Sinfonia of London / The Chameleon Arts Chorus
- Nicholas Dodd & Darryl Way: conducting the orchestras and arrangements, along with Christian Kabits & Gary Brooker.

CD RCA 68029

PROCOL HARUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye Music

Procol Harum - Greatest HitsProcol Harum - Greatest Hits
Remastered
A&M 1996
Best of Procol HarumBest of Procol Harum
A & M Records 2002
In Concert With Danish National Concert OrchestraIn Concert With Danish National Concert Orchestra
Eagle Records 2009
CD+DVD · Import
SALVO 2013
Broken BarricadesBroken Barricades
SALVO 2009
Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony OrchestraLive in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
Import · Remastered
SALVO 2009
The First Four Legendary AlbumsThe First Four Legendary Albums
Box set · Import
Metro Music 2003
PROCOL HARUM PROCOL'S NINTH JAPAN MINI LP CD K2HD SEALED US $11.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Exotic Birds and Fruit - Original Japanese Mini LP US $19.45 [4 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - Magazine Poster US $7.30 Buy It Now 1h 40m
MATTHEW FISHER (FROM PROCOL HARUM) JOURNEY'S END LP APL1-0195 US $3.73 Buy It Now 2h 15m
A WHITER SHADE The World Of Hits LP Procol Harum DECCA SPA 7 Moody Blues US $5.25 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Procol Harum - In Concert [Vinyl New] US $67.29 Buy It Now 2h 34m
PROCOL HARUM Shine on Brightly Gatefold 1968 Vinyl LP N/Mint US $21.98 Buy It Now 3h
Chrysalis Years 1973-1977 by Procol Harum (Cassette, Apr-1989, Chrysalis) US $1.25 [0 bids]
The Best of Procol Harum, mint condition, vinyl US $20.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum ~ Same Self Titled ~ 10 Track LP ~ Impact IM01 ~ Salty Dog / Whiter US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 14m
PROCOL HARUM - GRAND HOTEL - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $20.21 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Procol Harum : Procols Ninth Vinyl VG+ LP Record A Sealed New Mint Rare US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
CD - The Big Chill Soundtrack Temptations/Miracles/Procol Harum/Aretha Franklin US $3.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Shine On Brightly" A&M Records SP-4151 US $8.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Best Of Procol Harum - NM US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale / Conquistador / 7" 45 - NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM: Rambling On / Quite Rightly So 45 (Germany, PS sm woc, name stam US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 45m
PROCOL HARUM: Rambling On / Quite Rightly So 45 (Japan, WLP, PS some light cw: US $75.00 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Procol Harum 45 "Homburg / Good Captain Clack" US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
ROBIN TROWER Caledonia PROCOL HARUM 1976 EX dj PROMO Chrysalis 2122 LISTEN HERE US $9.75 Buy It Now 7h 9m
**Broken Barricades** Procol Harum A&M Records WLP PROMO Prog US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Procol Harum Broken Barricades LP htf original sleeve US $6.00 [0 bids]
Warner Time Life Music - 1967 Classic Rock - Four Tops PROCOL HARUM Tommy James US $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Procol Harum The Chrysalis Years 1973-1977 CD GREATEST HITS, FREE SHIPPING!! US $6.55 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - "Broken Barricades" LP 1971 1st US - w/Orig Die Cut Unipak Cover US $25.88 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Procol Harum Something Magic Digipak CD Keith Reid Gary Brooker Mick Grabham MNT US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Procol Harum Procol's Ninth CD Keith Reid Gary Brooker Mick Grabham BJ Wilson US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Procol Harum - Conquistador - 45 Record 1972 US $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 37m
PROCOL HARUM "SOMETHING MAGIC" 1977 RARE STEREO ALBUM CHRYSALIS RECORDS CHR 1130 US $15.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM "SOMETHING MAGIC" 1977 RARE STEREO ALBUM CHRYSALIS RECORDS CHR 1130 US $20.00 [0 bids]
Robin Trower Rare Authentic Signed Vinyl Bridges Of Sighs Procol Harum + Photo US $99.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Greatest Hits 1967-1973 A&M CD Whiter Shade of Pale Conquistador US $12.92 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Greatest Hits Vol.1 Procol Harum vinyl LP album record UK SHM956 PICKWICK 1978 US $25.86 Buy It Now 10h 24m
ROBIN TROWER Long Misty Days 1976 UK 1st Press Vinyl LP James Dewar Procol Harum US $23.98 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Exotic Birds & Fruit 8 Track Tape TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Procol Harum Hatfield and The North Sassafras Frankie Miller Promo White Japan US $45.00 Buy It Now 10h 42m
PROCOL HARUM - CONQUISTADOR - SALTY DOG - A&M 7" 45 RPM VINYL US $5.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Homburg 1967 7" Regal Zonophone RZ 3003 US $5.67 Buy It Now 14h 32m
ITALY JUKE BOX PROMO PROCOL HARUM HOMBURG - GOOD CAPTAI US $34.99 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Procol Harum(7" Vinyl)A Whiter Shade Of Pale-Salvo-SALVOSV001-EU-M/M US $15.99 Buy It Now 16h 3m
PROCOL HARUM 7" PS Japan SKIP SOFTLY r8901 US $18.00 Buy It Now 16h 20m
Procol Harum- "Grand Hotel"- Chrysalis CHR-1037 W/Booklet 1973 12" LP VG+ ROCK US $3.25 Buy It Now 16h 25m
PROCOL HARUM a whiter shade of pale, homburg, salty dog ISRAELI ISRAEL EP US $60.00 Buy It Now 16h 44m
FANTASTIC ORIGINAL HITS Vinyl LP - T.Rex,Joe Cocker,The Move,Procol Harum, EX+ US $11.33 Buy It Now 17h 28m
PROCOL HARUM SOMETHING MAGIC LP ROBIN TROWER US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 35m
1983 BLUES ROCK Robin Trower Back It Up Procol Harum Vinyl LP @ US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 2m
FACTORY SEALED DBX Encoded LP Broken Barricades Procol Harum A&M Rec. SP 4294 US $25.01 [0 bids]
MATTHEW FISHER JOURNEYS END LP SEALED NEW PROCOL HARUM US $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 49m
PROCOL HARUM 'PROCOL HARUM' FRENCH IMPORT LP DISQUE DO'R US $14.57 Buy It Now 19h 9m
Procol Harum The Prodigal Stranger CD (1991, Zoo Entertainment) US $6.00 Buy It Now 20h
PROCOL HARUM GRAND HOTEL RARE OOP JAPAN MINI-LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 23m
PROCOL HARUM BROKEN BARRICADES RARE OOP JAPAN MINI-LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 23m
? Matthew Fisher - Journey's End (of Procol Harum) US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 23m
Procol Harum / Grand Hotel US White Label Promo LP Booklet Gatefold Chryalis US $5.99 Buy It Now 21h 5m
PROCOL HARUM A WHITER SHADE OF PALE / JAPAN WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 21h 41m
Procol Harum GF LP Shine on Brightly US $5.49 Buy It Now 21h 54m
EX/EX- !! Cochise/Swallow Tales/1971 Liberty LP/Procol Harum US $35.67 Buy It Now 22h 5m
Procol Harum Night Riding SEALED 1988 CD Gary Brooker Robin Trower Moody Blues US $23.95 Buy It Now 22h 8m
The Paramounts Whiter Shades of R&B SEALED 1983 Edsel France CD Procol Harum US $63.95 Buy It Now 22h 8m
Bedlam Anthology SEALED 1999 2CD Jeff Beck Procol Harum Black Sabbath Whitesnake US $28.95 Buy It Now 22h 8m
Procol Harum Best Of LP Misprint Label Vinyl Record LP US $7.59 Buy It Now 22h 9m
THE BIG CHILL-Marvin Gaye-PROCOL HARUM/Temptations/MORE US $7.29 Buy It Now 22h 21m
Procol Harum - Grand Hotel [CD New] US $11.31 Buy It Now 22h 40m
Procol Harum 45 RPM Whiter Shade Of Pale/Lime Street Blues Deram Sleeve 7507 US $4.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - "A SALTY DOG" - 1969 A&M RECORDS - STEREO - SP-4179 US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 27m
PROCOL HARUM LIVE IN CONCERT WITH EDMONTON""" (ORIGINAL UK 1ST PRESS WHITE i LP) US $12.95 [0 bids]
Classics Volume 17 by Procol Harum (CD, 1987 A&M (USA)) Oldies, Rock US $5.29 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Procol Harum "Procol Harum" CD Digi 11 Bonus Tracks 2009 Remastered Salvo US $15.00 [1 bids]
The Best of procol Harum nm- Over 400 Fairly priced LP's Robin Trower US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEST OF PROCOL HARUM - LP ALBUM ORIGINAL A&M SP-3259 RARE Mint COND. US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum "A Salty Dog" CD Digi 6 Bonus Tracks 2009 Remastered Salvo US $15.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Home" CD Digi 2 Bonus Tracks 2009 Remastered Salvo US $15.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM 7'' a whiter shade of pale CUBE with unique silver PS 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - The Collection - 1985 German 20-track double LP compilation US $64.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Broken Barricades 8 Track Tape TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SYMPHONIC MUSIC OF PROCOL HARUM THE LONG GOODBYE CASSETTE TAPE US $0.99 [0 bids]
various-REMEMBER THE 60'S-PROCOL HARUM/TROGGS/ETC 3LP US $20.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - Conquistador / Pandora's Box, Old Gold OG-9692 Ex A1/B1 Press US $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM Homburg IL NIL 9002 Italy FREE SHIPP. US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM: Self Titled LP DERAM RECORDS Stereo RARE US 1967 NM- US $71.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum - Definite Collection [CD New] US $10.98 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM "EXOTIC BIRDS AND FRUIT" CHRYSALIS 1058 US $9.95 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - Unofficial Rare Grey Back Cover U.S SELLER US $3.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum-Quite Rightly So/In The Wee Small Hours of Sixpence-1968 A US $10.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM LIVE - ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING- IN CONCERT-CD US $7.50 [6 bids]
PROCOL HARUM ORIGINAL U.S. LP LIVE IN CONCERT WITH THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCH M- US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Live USA Cassette Tape - SEALED US $25.50 [0 bids]
Procol Harum, Live LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Something Magic 8 Track Tape Partial SEALED US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM LIVE WITH THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY & DA CAMERA SINGERS 1972 No B/C LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ragnarock - 1973/1974 2CD + DVD Aunt Mary Procol Harum Ruphus Popol Ace US $40.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum The Collection The Collector Series 2 Album Set US $69.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Live: In Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra 1972 A US $7.50 [0 bids]
PROCOL Harum [Grand Hotel] 73 w/Booklet EX-/NM/EX- Play Graded US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM: A Salty Dog LP A&M RECORDS SP3123 US 1979 NM- US $24.29 Buy It Now 1 day
2012 PROCOL HARUM FIRST 11 BONUS TRACKS WHITER JAPAN MINI LP HQ CD K2 HD HQCD US $32.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum- Exotic Birds and Fruit- new/sealed 8 Track tape- Canada US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum 45 Salty Dog / Conquistador Live AM 1347 White Label Promo US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ELTON JOHN Stray Cats PROCOL HARUM Dave Mason BEST OF KING BISCUIT LIVE OOP CD US $3.95 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM vinyl lp EXOTIC BIRDS AND FRUIT US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy PROCOL HARUM music online Buy PROCOL HARUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PROCOL HARUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye ratings distribution

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars This CD has been with me since 1998, I think. But I rarely played it until couple of days ago I got a short message at my cell phone: "Mas, do you have GRAND HOTEL song of Procol Harum?". Then I found this CD at my collection and I spun it again WOW!

"Love it" or "Hate it"? It's really up to you! For me personally, I have strong reasons why I love this Gary Brooker solo album (rather than Procol Harum's one, I think). First, I have always loved the bands (the classic ones, of course) that I loved during my childhood were taken into a grandiose effort using a full-blown orchestra. This happened as well to "Symphonic Music of YES" and even I love "Yessymphonic" CD and DVD as well. Why? Because I want to hear how it differs with the original studio album recording. Second, anything about rock music that is later combined with full orchestra has created a curiosity for me to listen to it. Am now waiting for August 29, 2006 when Dream Theater release their DVD / CDs resulting from their concert with a full orchestra. So that's why I tend to like "symphonic music of .." kind of thing.

Let's talk about this album which was recorded for a full year period from April 1994 until March 1995. Quite a long time to produce a single album. This is understandable because it involves many musicians and different orchestra: The London Symphony Orchestra and The London Philharmonic Orchestra (even though only two tracks: "Simple Sister" and "[You Can't] Turn Back The Page". Arrnegrs include: Nicholas Dodd (who also serves as Conductor), Darryl way, Gary Brooker, Christian Kabitz. Gary Brooker produced this album.

The album comprises great tracks like my all-time Procol Harum favorites like "Conquistador" (3:36), "Homburg" (4:46), "Grand Hotel" (6:45), "Repent Walpurgis" (5:40), "A Whiter Shades of Pale" (5:21). Well, the good part about this symphonic music is that all of the tracks with vocal in its original studio version, it is also featured here - mostly by brilliant and unique voice of Gary Brooker. Most arrangements don't differ in melody with its original version; the difference lies on the textures of the song because almost all Mathew Fischer's unique mellotron / organ sounds are now replaced with string section. "A Salty Dog" (5:53) is better being performed here than the original version - according to my taste.

It's quite surprising that Tom Jones was invited to fill in the vocal line in "Simple Sister" (5:51). "Pandora's Box" (3:00) is great with flute work by James Galway. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" (5:21) arranged with this orchestration has made me nggeblak! man. It's truly great! I do enjoy both, this version as well as the original. It sheds light of my bright childhood really. Oh man I remember vividly how I regularly swam at Bengawan Solo river and after that took a break while listening a cassette of this song . What a wonderful childhood with rock music man! And now . "Repent Walpurgis" is ready to kill my bone! I cannot afford to sustain with the catchy organ melody (which is now replaced with soft orchestration) at the opening part .. Oh my GOD! What a great melody this song offers . especially when thee guitar solo by Robin Tower enters the scene . it really kills me! Subhanallah ..

Of couse, I don't want to tell every single passage of emotional ecstasy that I experience while I'm listening to this album as it will take a novel long review - which, I believe, you won't read it anyway! My advise simple: BUY THIS ALBUM! If you claim yourself as claro (classic rock) mania, this orchestrated version of Procol Harum's tunes is a MUST! Otherwise, don't call yourself as a true claro lover! That's why I give this solo album by Gary Brooker a five star rating - it's a masterpiece of classic rock arrangement! Don't miss this one man! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#87719) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 20, 2006

Post a review of PROCOL HARUM "The Long Goodbye"