THE LONG GOODBYE

3. Grand Hotel (6:45)
4. Simple Sister (5:51)
5. A Salty Dog (5:53)
6. Pandora's Box (3:00)
7. A Whiter Shade of Pale (5:21)
8. Repent Walpurgis (5:40)
9. (You Can't) Turn Back the Page (4:11)
10. Strangers in Space (6:50)
11. Butterfly Boys (3:46)
12. The Long Goodbye (6:02)

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye lyrics

Search PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye tabs

- Dave Bronze / bass
- Gary Brooker / lead vocals, piano, organ, harpsichord, accordion
- Mark Brzezicki / drums
- Matthew Fisher / the organ of All Saints Church, London W.8.
- Keith Reid / words

+ Mario Constantinou / bouzouki
- Andy Fairweather Low / guitar (11)
- James Galway / flute (6)
- Jerry Hadley / vocals (3)
- Tom Jones / vocals (4)
- Robin Trower / guitar (8)

- The London Symphony Orchestra / The London Philharmonic Orchestra / The Sinfonia of London / The Chameleon Arts Chorus
- Nicholas Dodd & Darryl Way: conducting the orchestras and arrangements, along with Christian Kabits & Gary Brooker.

CD RCA 68029

PROCOL HARUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye Music

Procol Harum - Greatest HitsProcol Harum - Greatest Hits
Remastered
A&M 1996
Broken BarricadesBroken Barricades
SALVO 2009
Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony OrchestraLive in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
Import · Remastered
Best ofBest of
Imports 2014
Grand HotelGrand Hotel
Import · Remastered
SALVO 2009
Secrets of the Hive: The Best of Procol HarumSecrets of the Hive: The Best of Procol Harum
Import · Limited Edition
SALVO 2007
Audio CD$58.48 (used)
Well's on FireWell's on Fire
Imports 2009
PARAMOUNTS Bad Blood Do I Procol Harum UK Beat 45 US $44.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
PROCOL HARUM EXOTIC BIRDS AND FRUIT DUTCH CHRYSALIS 6307 531 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
PROCOL HARUM Salty Dog LP 1969 REGAL ZONOPHONE 1st Press!! ULTRA RARE!!!! US $79.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum(White 12" Vinyl)A Whiter Shade Of Blue-Cube-UK-Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $24.85 Buy It Now 4h 19m
PROCOL HARUM A WHITER SHADE OF PALE JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Procol Harum - Definite Collection CD US $16.69 Buy It Now 5h 44m
PROCOL HARUM pandora's box/the pipers tune CHS 2073 uk chrysalis 1975 7" WS EX/ US $11.59 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Procol Harum "Grand Hotel" 1973 New CD US $9.35 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "The Chrysalis Years 1973 - 1977" NEW US $9.35 [0 bids]
The Best of Procol Harum [A&M] by Procol Harum (Cassette, Jan-1987, A&M (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum - Live At Union Chapel [CD + DVD] - SALVOSVX017 US $17.06 Buy It Now 7h 57m
PHILIPPINES PROCOL HARUM 7" 45 RPM "A WHITER SHADE OF PALE" RARE DERAM DM. 126 US $99.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM..THE FINAL THRUST..VERY GOOD 1975 CHRYSALIS LABEL PROG.ROCK 7" 2079 US $6.62 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Procol Harum LIVE 1972 London Symphony Orchestra 1st Press, CLEAN, VG+, RARE! US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 18m
8 TRACK PROCOL HARUM PROCOL HARUM LIVE **ORIGINAL ISSUE** 155 US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 4m
45RPM Procol Harum Lime Street Blues & US $9.48 Buy It Now 10h 13m
FACTORY SEALED DBX Encoded LP Broken Barricades Procol Harum A&M Rec. SP 4294 US $29.00 [0 bids]
IN CONCERT WITH THE DANISH NATIONAL C BY PROCOL HARUM (CD) US $19.82 Buy It Now 10h 15m
PROCOL HARUM BROKEN BARRICADES ORIGINAL1971 ISSUE ON GOLD AM VINYL NM CONDITION! US $22.98 [0 bids]
Procol Harum- Broken Barricades-1971 Die Cut A&M SP-4294 Original Lp VG/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Procol Harum,Grand Hotel,8 Track Tape,Tested,Outer Sleeve,Rum Tale,Robert's Box US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 17m
PROCOL HARUM GOLDEN PRIZE / 1972 GATEFOLD COVER WITH TW US $299.99 Buy It Now 12h 13m
PROCOL HARUM LIVE W/ Edmonton Symphony Orchestra SP-4335. 1972 Etched press US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 24m
PROMO WHITE LABEL PROCOL HARUM / RAMBLING ON / PS EP 7I US $129.99 Buy It Now 12h 30m
PROCOL HARUM - GRAND HOTEL - 1st UK PRESS with SUPERB ILLUSTRATED LYRIC BOOKLET US $18.22 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Procol's Ninth PROMO LP CHRYSALIS 1080 PROMOTION NOT FOR SALE US $4.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum The Chrysalis Years 1973-1977 CD GREATEST HITS, FREE SHIPPING!! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum LIVE IN CONCERT 180g HQ AUDIOPHILE New Sealed MUSIC ON Vinyl LP US $27.99 Buy It Now 14h 20m
Procol Harum - The Prodigal Stranger CD 1991 Zoo Brooker Trower Fisher reunion US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
PROCOL HARUM - SHINE ON BRIGHTLY [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $45.78 Buy It Now 14h 32m
Greatest Hits [A&M] by Procol Harum (CD, May-1996, A&M (USA)) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Procol Harum Grand Hotel CHR M8C 1037 8 TRACK TAPE US $8.95 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Procol Harum Live With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra US $3.99 [0 bids]
Procol Harum "Live w/ Edmonton Symphony" 1972 Rock LP, VG+, Original A US $4.95 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Procol Harum-A Souvenir of London (PS) VG+ US Promo US $11.99 Buy It Now 16h 19m
Procol Harum Lp Grand Hotel 1973 Chrysalis records US $11.65 Buy It Now 16h 20m
The Best of Procol Harum (SP-4401) US $4.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM: Procol Harum LP (ES, sl cw) Rock & Pop US $35.00 Buy It Now 17h
PROCOL HARUM: Historia De La Musica Rock LP (Spain, laminated cover, sl cw) Roc US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Procol Harum "Something Magic" GATEFOLD *Chrysalis CHR 1130* LP VG US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 8m
? Procol Harum - The Best of Procol Harum (Stateside) (Dutch) (w/ "Conquistador" US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 13m
DENNIS KLOETH - THE BEST OF PROCOL HARUM - US $8.99 [0 bids]
CD/Japan- PROCOL HARUM Long Goodbye -Symphonic Music Of- w/OBI RARE OOP BVCP-910 US $24.63 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Procol Harum A Whiter Shade of Pale - Orig white label promo LP SP-4373 US $44.99 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM, Homburg / Good Captain Clack 45rpm US $10.00 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Procol Harum 45 rpm PROMO Grand Hotel (Stereo) / MONO US $6.00 [0 bids]
MATTHEW FISHER Journey's End '73 x Procol Harum's Famous Organist! V - EX, J - P US $9.50 [0 bids]
CLASSIC ROCK LOT OF 25 VINYL RECORDS - QUEEN, QUICKSILVER, PROCOL HARUM, ETC.. US $24.95 [0 bids]
45 RECORD PROCOL HARUM - SALTY DOG B/W CONQUISTADOR PICTURE SLEEVE P/S US $4.98 Buy It Now 19h 59m
Procol Harum Live; The Concert with The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra on LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h
PROCOL HARUM Homburg / Good Captain Clack 45 US $9.31 Buy It Now 20h 2m
PROCOL HARUM CHAPTER ONE & CHAPTER TWO US DELUXE HARD COVER CD US $34.95 Buy It Now 20h 27m
PROCOL HARUM: Live In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra LP (original US $12.00 Buy It Now 20h 46m
Procol Harum LP Record Album In Concert Edmonton Symphony Orch 1972 SP-4335 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Home by Procol Harum CD MFSL New, Sealed US $89.99 Buy It Now 22h 9m
THE BIG CHILL soundtrack CD marvin gaye RASCALS smokey robinson PROCOL HARUM ost US $9.99 [0 bids]
radio Rock Over London 411 T. REX The Cult ROBIN TROWER Procol Harum interview US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 31m
PROCOL HARUM broken barricades ( rock ) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Vinyl LP Procol Harum Historia De La Musica Rock Spain US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 52m
PROCOL HARUM A Salty Dog NM MFP LP France US $12.95 Buy It Now 23h 23m
PROCOL HARUM grand hotel JAPAN MINI LP CD K2HD SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 23h 50m
The Retrun Of Procol Harum CD The Interview RARE OOP PROMO US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Symphonic Music of Procol Harum The Long Goodbye CD 1995 USA 12trk US $12.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Live US $1.35 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM A Salty Dog 1972 Compilation LP US $10.78 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO WHITE LABEL PROCOL HARUM JAPAN OBI PROCOL'S NINET US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM 45 RPM & PICTURE SLEEVE 1972 SALTY DOG NM US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM Greatest Hits Vol.1 1978 UK Vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION one US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM-PANDORA'S BOX-DIFF. YUGOSLAV PS 45rpm 1975 US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum- "Grand Hotel"- Chrysalis CHR-1037 W/Booklet 1973 12" LP VG+ ROCK US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Grand Hotel 1973 1st Chrysalis Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! A+ Sound! US $32.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Single (7-inch) Procol Harum Homburg US $6.63 [0 bids]
In Concert - Procol Harum New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $68.89 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM~JOHN LIQUORICE DEAD ALLSTARS'~RARE ITALIAN CD 1989~JOE COCKER~NEW US $41.44 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM THE BEST OF PROCOL HARUM (JAPAN) CASSETTE TAPE ALBUM E11 US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM 'GREATEST HITS VOLUME I' UK LP US $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM/shine on brightly PROGRESSIVE ROCK nu cassette tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM/shine on brightly PROGRESSIVE ROCK nu cassette tape US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum "Conquistador" Classic Hit Oz 7" US $9.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Grand Hotel CHR 1037 US 1973 Chrysalis Vinyl LP Record Album +book US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BOBBY HARRISON - ANTHOLOGY - PROCOL HARUM FREEDOM 2 CD US $15.55 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM-WELCOME TO THE GRAND HOTEL +BOOK-CHRYSALIS CHR 1037 NO BC NM/VG+ LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum LP 1975 Procol's Ninth original green label US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $33.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Exotic Birds and Fruit US 1974 white label promo LP NM US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Procol Harum Grand Hotel US 1973 white label promo LP with booklet VG+ US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCK SUPERSTARS - T REX / JOE COCKER / PROCOL HARUM / THE MOVE + VINYL LP US $3.30 [0 bids]
The Best of Procol Harum [A&M] by Procol Harum (CD, Jan-1987, A&M (USA)) US $2.50 [0 bids]
Procol Harum, Broken Barricades,8 Track Tape,Tested,Simple Sister,Memorial Drive US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - A WHITER SHADE OF PALE, HTF 1967 DUTCH 7"EP DERAM DM126 US $14.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM - LIVE w/ THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (SP4335) VG+ cond. NICE! US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best Of Procol Harum: A Whiter Shade Of Pale. Compilation CD 1994 US $13.18 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM**EXOTIC BIRDS AND FRUIT (REMASTERED/BONUS TRACKS)**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - A SALTY DOG - RARE - URUGUAY (4pics) US $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Who PETE TOWNSHEND DEMO TRK CD Kinks PRETTY THINGS Zombies PROCOL HARUM 2004 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBIN TROWER For Earth Below LP 1975 CHRYSALIS Prog Rock Hard Rock PROCOL HARUM US $4.96 [0 bids]
2 PROCOL HARUM promo CDs Turning Back The Page comp & Return/The Interview US $18.00 [0 bids]
PROCOL HARUM Grand Hotel OUT OF PRINT REMASTERED & EXPANDED Paper Sleeve US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM THE BEST OF US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
PROCOL HARUM - SHINE ON BRIGHTLY/HOME - CUBE 1972 PROG PSYCH DOUBLE US $8.27 [0 bids]

More places to buy PROCOL HARUM music online Buy PROCOL HARUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PROCOL HARUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye ratings distribution

PROCOL HARUM The Long Goodbye reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars This CD has been with me since 1998, I think. But I rarely played it until couple of days ago I got a short message at my cell phone: "Mas, do you have GRAND HOTEL song of Procol Harum?". Then I found this CD at my collection and I spun it again WOW!

"Love it" or "Hate it"? It's really up to you! For me personally, I have strong reasons why I love this Gary Brooker solo album (rather than Procol Harum's one, I think). First, I have always loved the bands (the classic ones, of course) that I loved during my childhood were taken into a grandiose effort using a full-blown orchestra. This happened as well to "Symphonic Music of YES" and even I love "Yessymphonic" CD and DVD as well. Why? Because I want to hear how it differs with the original studio album recording. Second, anything about rock music that is later combined with full orchestra has created a curiosity for me to listen to it. Am now waiting for August 29, 2006 when Dream Theater release their DVD / CDs resulting from their concert with a full orchestra. So that's why I tend to like "symphonic music of .." kind of thing.

Let's talk about this album which was recorded for a full year period from April 1994 until March 1995. Quite a long time to produce a single album. This is understandable because it involves many musicians and different orchestra: The London Symphony Orchestra and The London Philharmonic Orchestra (even though only two tracks: "Simple Sister" and "[You Can't] Turn Back The Page". Arrnegrs include: Nicholas Dodd (who also serves as Conductor), Darryl way, Gary Brooker, Christian Kabitz. Gary Brooker produced this album.

The album comprises great tracks like my all-time Procol Harum favorites like "Conquistador" (3:36), "Homburg" (4:46), "Grand Hotel" (6:45), "Repent Walpurgis" (5:40), "A Whiter Shades of Pale" (5:21). Well, the good part about this symphonic music is that all of the tracks with vocal in its original studio version, it is also featured here - mostly by brilliant and unique voice of Gary Brooker. Most arrangements don't differ in melody with its original version; the difference lies on the textures of the song because almost all Mathew Fischer's unique mellotron / organ sounds are now replaced with string section. "A Salty Dog" (5:53) is better being performed here than the original version - according to my taste.

It's quite surprising that Tom Jones was invited to fill in the vocal line in "Simple Sister" (5:51). "Pandora's Box" (3:00) is great with flute work by James Galway. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" (5:21) arranged with this orchestration has made me nggeblak! man. It's truly great! I do enjoy both, this version as well as the original. It sheds light of my bright childhood really. Oh man I remember vividly how I regularly swam at Bengawan Solo river and after that took a break while listening a cassette of this song . What a wonderful childhood with rock music man! And now . "Repent Walpurgis" is ready to kill my bone! I cannot afford to sustain with the catchy organ melody (which is now replaced with soft orchestration) at the opening part .. Oh my GOD! What a great melody this song offers . especially when thee guitar solo by Robin Tower enters the scene . it really kills me! Subhanallah ..

Of couse, I don't want to tell every single passage of emotional ecstasy that I experience while I'm listening to this album as it will take a novel long review - which, I believe, you won't read it anyway! My advise simple: BUY THIS ALBUM! If you claim yourself as claro (classic rock) mania, this orchestrated version of Procol Harum's tunes is a MUST! Otherwise, don't call yourself as a true claro lover! That's why I give this solo album by Gary Brooker a five star rating - it's a masterpiece of classic rock arrangement! Don't miss this one man! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#87719) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 20, 2006

Post a review of PROCOL HARUM "The Long Goodbye"