WHEN THE DUST SETTLES

Buy SALMON Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. King for a Day (9:22)
2. Grey Velvet (6:26)
3. Time to Fantasize (19:27)
4. September Weeps (7:05)
5. Three (7:46)
6. Dubious Dried Ink (8:20)

Total time: 58:29

Search SALMON When The Dust Settles lyrics

Search SALMON When The Dust Settles tabs

- Sven de Haan / bass, bass pedals, backing vocals
- Gerrit Hoogenbeen / acoustic & electric guitars, backing vocals
- Jan Jaap Langereis / lead vocals, keyboards
- Michel Nieuwenhuis / drums, percussion

SALMON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SALMON When The Dust Settles Music

Scientists 1981 screen printed Poster Kim Salmon Brett Rixon US $22.46 Buy It Now 1h 28m
KIM SALMON & SPENCER P JONES 'Runaways' Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $31.44 Buy It Now 3h 53m
MUDHONEY Scientists Tribute CASSETTE Kim Salmon CHEATER SLICKS Laughing Hyenas US $8.00 [0 bids]
Kim Salmon - Hit Me With The Surreal F [CD New] US $14.30 Buy It Now 8h 50m
NEW - Perhaps We Should Have Smoked the Salmon First US $6.95 Buy It Now 10h 12m
SALMON, Paco... Drop the Chicken (Music CD) Brand New!!! US $3.99 [1 bids]
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME the great misdirect DBL Lp Record SALMON Colored Vinyl US $37.99 [0 bids]
michael jackson don't stop/rock with you extremely rare!!! salmon colored vinyl US $175.00 [0 bids]
The Nashville Sessions by Leftover Salmon (CD, Sep-1999, Hollywood) US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE FAGS - BELLA MORTE - BEASTS OF BOURBON FUZZ LOOSE LIPS KIM SALMON ABBE MAY US $8.94 Buy It Now 20h 20m
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS -the salmon dance mega rare EMI TURKISH PROMO CD US $45.00 Buy It Now 20h 43m
KIM SALMON & SPENCER P. JONES: Runaways LP (Spain) Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
John Salmon - John Salmon Plays Dave Brubeck [CD New] US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Scientists Demolition Derby 12" Kim Salmon Beasts Of Bourbon US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN SALMON [PIANO] - SALMON IS A JUMPIN' - NEW CD US $15.03 Buy It Now 1 day
CHROME CRANKS - Kim Salmon & Surrealists 7" (double) on Echostatic / Space Baby US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chemical Brothers- The Salmon Dance (3:04) Promo CD w/ pic disc US $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Kim Salmon & Spencer P. Jones - Runaways [Vinyl New] US $25.79 Buy It Now 1 day
SCIENTISTS Demolition Derby 12" EP w/PS AUSSIE POST PUNK Kim Salmon US $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
KAPUSTIN / SALMON - PIANO WORKS NEW CD US $14.86 Buy It Now 2 days
KIM SALMON & SPENCER P. JONES - RUNAWAYS NEW VINYL US $32.43 Buy It Now 2 days
THE SARGE OF SALMON - INFINIT-E 12" STORM TRANCE #8 US $3.26 Buy It Now 2 days
BRUBECK / SALMON - JOHN SALMON PLAYS BRUBECK NEW CD US $14.86 Buy It Now 2 days
LEFTOVER SALMON, The Nashville Sessions, Rare CD US $21.25 Buy It Now 2 days
HARDWICK ~ The Salmon Fisherman 1964 Garage Rock 45 Orig US Panorama 8 - Hear ! US $5.95 [0 bids]
TOM PETTY, JOHN MELLENCAMP, ZZ TOP, SALMON & RAILROAD EARTH 12 CDs...one owner US $15.00 [0 bids]
Leftover Salmon by Leftover Salmon (CD,2004, Compendia Music Group)new, promo US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Live by Leftover Salmon (CD, May-2002, Compass (USA))used like new US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Look-In Magazine No.30 21 July 1973 Stephen Salmon US $12.29 Buy It Now 2 days
SALMON Pedastool Break b/w Q SEALED CASSETTE TAPE Promo US $5.99 [0 bids]
Ask the Fish, Leftover Salmon, New Original recording reissued US $29.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (osc) - Dario Marianelli New & Sealed Compact Disc F US $21.49 Buy It Now 3 days
LEFTOVER SALMON**LEFTOVER SALMON**CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
SCIENTISTS BLOOD RED RIVER EP ANDA-27 KIM SALMON ORIG 1983 TOP COPY NM US $85.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Nels Cline Trio Ground 1995 3x7" Salmon Colored Letterprss #288 Wilco! Jazz Rock US $24.99 [0 bids]
TRUE long after tonight 12" 2 trk b/w leg o'salmon (rcrt4) uk rock city 1984 US $8.18 Buy It Now 3 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - AQUATIC HITCHHIKER (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Music For Ballet-Jamie Salmon-LP-Hector-Shrink-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Lethal Gospel "Equals Jihad" STILL SEALED Salmon Eye Records S/S punk LP US $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Scientists - Rubber Never Sleeps (Kim Salmon) Cassette Tape US $53.91 [0 bids]
Leftover Salmon Bridges to Bert CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ruth Mackenzie,CD,Kalevala: Dream of the Salmon Maiden US $1.00 [0 bids]
KIM SALMON & THE SUR - HIT ME WITH THE SURREAL FEEL - NEW CD US $15.69 Buy It Now 3 days
BLOODSUCKING FREAKS - Kill Kim Salmon Now - Aust (Adelaide) 7" 2000 RARE US $26.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Native Ground - Where Wild Salmon Run (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.99 [0 bids]
ROKUMONSEN / KING SALMON'S ISLAND LP JAPAN POKORA Psych Funk Breaks US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SCIENTISTS - This is My Happy Hour (NEW * SEALED) RARE Kim Salmon 80's OZ PUNK US $28.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Paco Drop the Chicken by Salmon (CD, Feb-1997, Red Ant Records) RARE OOP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jack Salmon & Derby Sauce by Steven Ferguson (CD, Aug-1993, Schoolkids) US $12.99 [0 bids]
Euphoria by Leftover Salmon (CD, Mar-1997, Hollywood) US $7.49 [0 bids]
IAN & SYLVIA 45 You Were On My Mind / Salmon In The Sea - NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SALMON mink / grasshopper HEARTTHROB 12" RECORD MINIMAL US $7.49 Buy It Now 4 days
FRICTION LOVE CORPS Smoked BBQ Salmon 1994 CD US $10.00 [0 bids]
Steve Hillage-It's all Too Much + Kamikaze Eyse + Salmon Song UK 3X7" LOT GONG US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Salmon/PACO..DROP THE CHICKEN/Orig Press 1997/Rare/Mint US $15.99 [0 bids]
Leftover Salmon - Bridges to Bert CD 13 songs Orig. Whirled Beets Records label US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kim Salmon - Hit Me With The Surreal F CD US $18.70 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BROILED SALMON - MIXTAPE- PROMO-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
See No Evil,CD,Robin Salmon,Songs US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Bridges to Bert by Leftover Salmon (CD, US $2.75 [0 bids]
Chrome Cranks + Kim Salmon Surrealists - Split 7" CLEAR WAX crypt scientists US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KIM SALMON & THE SURREALISTS Sin Factory CD BRAND NEW US $21.62 Buy It Now 6 days
Kim Salmon - I'll Be Around [CD New] US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dave Brubeck: Chromatic Fantasy Sonata; Rising Sun; The Salmon Strikes (CD,... US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Joyful [Audio CD] Salmon, Victoria US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE - COM43392 US $19.72 Buy It Now 6 days
Leftover Salmon [ECD] by Leftover Salmon (CD, Mar-2004, Compendia Music Group) US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Salmon Run - Stevenson,Vince New & Sealed CD MOD Free Shipping US $27.65 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE AT WANEE FESTIVAL 2012 NEW CD US $40.64 Buy It Now 6 days
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (CD,... US $14.71 Buy It Now 6 days
Aquatic Hitchhiker [Digipak] * by Leftover Salmon (CD, May-2012, LoS Records) US $7.86 Buy It Now 6 days
Leftover Salmon - Aquatic Hitchhiker [CD New] US $10.11 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE NEW CD US $21.87 Buy It Now 6 days
Leftover Salmon, The Nashville Sessions Audio CD US $39.44 Buy It Now 6 days
SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN (SCORE) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $22.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Compass 4339 Leftover Salmon / Live /Compact Disc/Promo US $13.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Live - Salmon Leftover New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.08 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE AT WANEE FESTIVAL 2012 [LEFTOVER SALMON] - NEW CD US $28.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Kim & The Surrealists Salmon - Grand Unifying Theory CD US $17.45 Buy It Now 7 days
Various Artists - Salmon Fishing In The Yemen CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 7 days
Leftover Salmon Cracker - O Cracker Where Art Thou? CD US $13.84 Buy It Now 7 days
Leftover Salmon - Aquatic Hitchhiker CD US $14.45 Buy It Now 7 days
Tobin Trio Chodos - Salmon Up CD US $16.55 Buy It Now 7 days
ANDRES CALAMARO * EL SALMON * CASSETTE ARGENTINA US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW - Leftover Salmon by Leftover Salmon US $5.10 Buy It Now 7 days
ROB SALMON & ROB RIVES running towards a dream 12" VG+ YR 055 Vinyl 2001 Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Scientists A Pox On You Brand New 7" Kim Salmon US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Leftover Salmon - Live At Wanee Festival 2012 [CD New] US $31.47 Buy It Now 7 days
CURTIS STEWART/K-GROOVE - SMOKED SALMON SALSA (REISSUE) - 33JAZZ212 US $21.19 Buy It Now 7 days
Unknown Artist Best of Salmon: Seven Crown A Blend of D CD US $5.48 Buy It Now 7 days
THE SCIENTISTS - ATOM BOMB BABY LP - ORIG AU-GO-GO garage PUNK- KIM SALMON 1985 US $40.43 Buy It Now 7 days
TOBIN CHODOS - SALMON UP NEW CD US $18.93 Buy It Now 7 days
Leftover Salmon - Live [CD New] US $17.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Kim Salmon & The Surrealists - Self Titled CD US $26.94 Buy It Now 8 days
1989 SEE NO EVIL (Robin Dean Salmon) LP CBS Z-45165 NM Vinyl US $4.50 Buy It Now 8 days
1989 SEE NO EVIL (Robin Dean Salmon) LP CBS Z-45165 VG+ Vinyl US $3.60 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW! LEFTOVER SALMON - O CRACKERS WHERE ART THOU US $5.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Leftover Salmon - Bridges to Bert CD 1992 Whirled Beets Records bluegrass jam US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ANDR,S CALAMARO - EL SALMON [CD] [1 DISC] [685738584123] - NEW CD US $15.29 Buy It Now 8 days
Stevenson Vince - Salmon Run Cdr CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy SALMON music online Buy SALMON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SALMON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SALMON When The Dust Settles ratings distribution

SALMON When The Dust Settles reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars I am totally stunned that there are no reviews with a comment for this good Dutch band. OK, they don't play in the major league, they might sound retro-prog; but still: their music is very pleasant and should draw much more of your attention. I just hope that justice will be done with my humble contribution.

When you listen to this album, you will be brought into some of the great bands who are the heart and soul of this site. Some might find this irritating (and I belong to these at times as well) but this is a nice trip into past glory; but with some modern and catchy touch.

The opener "King Of A Day" should please any "Yes" or "Genesis" fans (in terms of music) combined with "Gentle Giant" ones (for some vocal parts). Complex and simple at the same time, this fine symphonic piece is an excellent start.

I even find that Japp Langereis has improved in his vocal duties in comparison with their debut album. His name is also funny (but you need to grab some Dutch to get it): it literally means long trip. This song holds a fine melody and even borrows some lines to "Watcher Of The Skies" of which you might have heard already.(ah, quand tu nous tiens.).

A song as "September Weeps" is so moving, so melodic. the delicate piano play is outstanding and what to say about but a so emotional guitar break. Some might find this mellow, but I am just found of these moments. A fine track indeed.

The shadow of Watcher is again hanging over the intro of "Three". I might be on a good mood tonight but I really like these seventies sounds which are making every second of this track a pretty good and wonderfully symphonic matter. This is a fine instrumental which can be also related to ELP of course. And I like it quite a bunch.

The closing "Dubious Dried Ink" also holds some gorgeous synth parts. OK, they are Banks oriented, but I told you, I'm in a good mood tonight and I am so enchanted with those sounds from my youth. Did I say nostalgia?

To be complete, there is an almost twenty minutes epic song called "Time To Fantasize" as well. The intro is a splendid band's work: each of the musician being so much in line with his colleagues; and to perform this gentle yet sophisticated music is such a beautiful treat.

If I had one negative comment about "Time.", it would be the lead vocals which are closer to the ones of their debut album than what we could experience on "When The Dust Settles". But even if most of this track is on the mellowish side, there are some fine synths and GG type of vocals. Some will say: again. But they are so pleasant.

IMHHO this good Dutch band holds the symphonic flag pretty high in the prog sky. Together with their excellent Dutch colleagues "Knight Area". Two good examples of the lively Dutch scene. It is a pity though that so little information is available from this band.

I like this album very much. When I discovered it, I rated with "Y" which means "Yes" which means five stars in my jargon. I wouldn't rate it that high for my official post (it is somewhat too derivative to achieve the highest rating) but I grant it four stars.

This is a very good achievement and a very enjoyable album. From A to Z. A fantastic return to days I would like to return to. Unfortunately it is physically not possible; but musically, such a good work helps.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#188255) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 07, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Although I thought I had quite some knowledge about the dutch prog scene thanks to some friends in there (hi Erik & Henk!), I had never heard about this band till very recently when I found this CD totally by chance in a friend┤s house. It amazed me that such talented and strong group is hardly mentioned on the many prog forums I visited. Nevertheless, it is always good to discover such fine piece of work.

The production of the album is very good, and I was amazed to find that Salmon is only a quartet. They play like a seven member outfit! Their sound is a good mix of many different influences played through some modern hands. There are hints of Yes, Genesis and others, but generally they have a sound of their own. Their Gentle Giant-like harmony vocals are some of the more tasteful and beautiful I have ever heard: it fitted their style like a glove. Much better then a lot of groups that seem to try emulate GG without ever grasping that legendary band┤s knack for the simple tune (yes, behind all their complexity GG knew all along that less is more!).

The CD has no highlights, all the songs deserve a careful listen. The tracks are quite varied and yet retain a cohesive whole. Even if it is not perfect, When The Dust Settles shows that Salmon has both the chops and the songwriting skills to become one of prog┤s most proeminent acts to appear in latter days. If you, like me, never heard of Salmon, then there is still time to find this little symphonic gem. I┤m looking forward to hear their future works. Highly recommended.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#220805) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 12, 2009

4 stars Music refined on a good foundation of keyboards, and arpeggiated guitars. The voice is also characteristic and protagonist. A good rhythmic bass accompaniment, and drums neat, punctual. It is a product rather thoughtful and to listen carefully. Especially in Time to Fantasize perceived this. ... (read more)

Report this review (#979296) | Posted by sinslice | Sunday, June 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of the nicest surprises so far this year. This Dutch band is under most proggers radar, but really deserves the scene's full recognition. The mood and style of this album reminds me a lot about Cathedral's superb debut album Stained Glass Stories. Just a lot less heavier and more baroque. ... (read more)

Report this review (#224416) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SALMON "When The Dust Settles"