WHEN THE DUST SETTLES

Buy SALMON Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. King for a Day (9:22)
2. Grey Velvet (6:26)
3. Time to Fantasize (19:27)
4. September Weeps (7:05)
5. Three (7:46)
6. Dubious Dried Ink (8:20)

Total time: 58:29

Search SALMON When The Dust Settles lyrics

Search SALMON When The Dust Settles tabs

- Sven de Haan / bass, bass pedals, backing vocals
- Gerrit Hoogenbeen / acoustic & electric guitars, backing vocals
- Jan Jaap Langereis / lead vocals, keyboards
- Michel Nieuwenhuis / drums, percussion

SALMON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SALMON When The Dust Settles Music

Paco Drop the ChickenPaco Drop the Chicken
Independent Nat'l Di 1997
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (osc) - Dario Marianelli New & Sealed CD Free Shippi US $21.49 Buy It Now 7h 20m
LEFTOVER SALMON**LEFTOVER SALMON**CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 10h 6m
SCIENTISTS BLOOD RED RIVER EP ANDA-27 KIM SALMON ORIG 1983 TOP COPY NM US $85.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Official Poster Only - Day By The Green Kim Salmon, Bitter Sweet Kicks Oct 2013 US $9.30 [0 bids]
TRUE long after tonight 12" 2 trk b/w leg o'salmon (rcrt4) uk rock city 1984 US $8.28 Buy It Now 11h 49m
LEFTOVER SALMON - AQUATIC HITCHHIKER (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.92 Buy It Now 12h 8m
Music For Ballet-Jamie Salmon-LP-Hector-Shrink-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 54m
Lethal Gospel "Equals Jihad" STILL SEALED Salmon Eye Records S/S punk LP US $5.95 Buy It Now 16h
Lethal Gospel - Beware Of God 7" Salmon Eye Records Punk Rare OPP 1988 SF,CA US $1.50 [0 bids]
ROKUMONSEN / KING SALMON'S ISLAND LP JAPAN POKORA Psych Funk Breaks US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
REV. MILTON SALMON SEALED CD - In Everything Thank God (2006) US $19.75 Buy It Now 1 day
TOM PETTY, JOHN MELLENCAMP, ZZ TOP, SALMON & RAILROAD EARTH 12 CDs...one owner US $15.00 [0 bids]
SCIENTISTS - This is My Happy Hour (NEW * SEALED) RARE Kim Salmon 80's OZ PUNK US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
O Cracker, Where Art Thou? by Leftover Salmon (CD, M... US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Salmon Up - Chodos,Tobin Trio New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.48 Buy It Now 1 day
IAN & SYLVIA 45 You Were On My Mind / Salmon In The Sea - NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SALMON mink / grasshopper HEARTTHROB 12" RECORD MINIMAL US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HARDWICK ~ The Salmon Fisherman 1964 Garage Rock 45 Orig US Panorama 8 - Hear ! US $5.95 [0 bids]
Steve Hillage-It's all Too Much + Kamikaze Eyse + Salmon Song UK 3X7" LOT GONG US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Leftover Salmon - Bridges to Bert CD 13 songs Orig. Whirled Beets Records label US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Nashville Sessions by Leftover Salmon (CD, Sep-1999, Hollywood) US $10.00 [0 bids]
See No Evil,CD,Robin Salmon,Songs US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LEFTOVER SALMON, The Nashville Sessions, Rare CD US $15.00 [0 bids]
Leftover Salmon, Euphoria Audio CD US $8.39 Buy It Now 2 days
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME the great misdirect DBL Lp Record SALMON Colored Vinyl US $37.99 [0 bids]
Chrome Cranks + Kim Salmon Surrealists - Split 7" CLEAR WAX crypt scientists US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KIM SALMON & THE SURREALISTS Sin Factory CD BRAND NEW US $21.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Kim Salmon - I'll Be Around [CD New] US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dave Brubeck: Chromatic Fantasy Sonata; Rising Sun; The Salmon Strikes (CD,... US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Joyful [Audio CD] Salmon, Victoria US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE - COM43392 US $19.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Leftover Salmon [ECD] by Leftover Salmon (CD, Mar-2004, Compendia Music Group) US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE AT WANEE FESTIVAL 2012 NEW CD US $42.10 Buy It Now 3 days
ELVIS PRESLEY "PROMISED LAND" UK RCA SALMON COLOUR LABEL EX+ COND.IN Or.SL. US $2.14 Buy It Now 3 days
Leftover Salmon - Aquatic Hitchhiker [CD New] US $10.67 Buy It Now 3 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE NEW CD US $22.66 Buy It Now 3 days
Leftover Salmon, The Nashville Sessions Audio CD US $43.49 Buy It Now 3 days
SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN (SCORE) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $23.79 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACKER / LEFTOVER SALMON - O CRACKER WHERE ART THOU (UK) NEW CD US $21.50 Buy It Now 4 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LIVE AT WANEE FESTIVAL 2012 [LEFTOVER SALMON] - NEW CD US $30.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Kim & The Surrealists Salmon - Grand Unifying Theory CD US $17.45 Buy It Now 4 days
Various Artists - Salmon Fishing In The Yemen CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Leftover Salmon Cracker - O Cracker Where Art Thou? CD US $13.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Leftover Salmon - Aquatic Hitchhiker CD US $14.45 Buy It Now 4 days
Tobin Trio Chodos - Salmon Up CD US $16.55 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW - Leftover Salmon by Leftover Salmon US $4.86 Buy It Now 4 days
ROB SALMON & ROB RIVES running towards a dream 12" VG+ YR 055 Vinyl 2001 Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Scientists A Pox On You Brand New 7" Kim Salmon US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Leftover Salmon - Live At Wanee Festival 2012 [CD New] US $33.78 Buy It Now 4 days
CURTIS STEWART/K-GROOVE - SMOKED SALMON SALSA (REISSUE) - 33JAZZ212 US $18.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Kalevala: Dream of the Salmon Maiden .. Ruth Mackenzie .. Omnium US $13.98 Buy It Now 4 days
DJ Polo - Playaz Lounge HIP HOP 12" Single Vinyl 1997 Salmon US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Numbnuts Smokey The Salmon And The Horny CD NEW (UK Import) US $23.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Unknown Artist Best of Salmon: Seven Crown A Blend of D CD US $5.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Squeeze Cool For Cats - Salmon Pink Vinyl + P/S UK 7" vinyl single record US $18.17 Buy It Now 4 days
TOBIN CHODOS - SALMON UP NEW CD US $19.61 Buy It Now 5 days
Leftover Salmon - Live [CD New] US $17.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kim Salmon & The Surrealists - Self Titled CD US $27.92 Buy It Now 5 days
1989 SEE NO EVIL (Robin Dean Salmon) LP CBS Z-45165 NM Vinyl US $4.50 Buy It Now 5 days
1989 SEE NO EVIL (Robin Dean Salmon) LP CBS Z-45165 VG+ Vinyl US $3.60 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW! LEFTOVER SALMON - O CRACKERS WHERE ART THOU US $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DELETED CHEMICAL BROTHER SALMON DANCE UK PRINT HEAVYWEIGHT 7" NEW CLEAR VINYL! US $50.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DELETED CHEMICAL BROTHER SALMON DANCE UK PRINT 2-TRACK CD SINGLE! BRAND NEW US $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Leftover Salmon - Bridges to Bert CD 1992 Whirled Beets Records bluegrass jam US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Chrome Cranks Kim Salmon and the Surrealists 1994 2 x 7" clear NM US $11.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDR,S CALAMARO - EL SALMON [CD] [1 DISC] [685738584123] - NEW CD US $15.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Stevenson Vince - Salmon Run Cdr CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 5 days
Salmon Robin Dean - Blackbird CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Kim Salmon & The Surrealists Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING WORLDWIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON NEW CD US $18.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Leftover Salmon - Live At Wanee Festival 2012 CD US $33.87 Buy It Now 6 days
Salmon Faith By Salmon Faith (CD 1997 Wolf River) US $13.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tapemasters Inc & Ghostface - Broiled Salmon CD *used* US $1.99 [0 bids]
Kim Salmon & Surrealists Hit Me With Surreal Feel CD Scientists Beasts Bourbon US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Jack Salmon & Derby Sauce by Steven Ferguson (CD, Aug-1993, Schoolkids) US $12.99 [0 bids]
Euphoria by Leftover Salmon (CD, Mar-1997, Hollywood) US $7.49 [0 bids]
MARIANELLI, DARIO - SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN - NEW CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON Euphoria used CD US $0.01 [0 bids]
Salmon CD "Flourished with Candies" Entropy Records Lawrence Martinez, Gilroy CA US $28.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Leftover Salmon Bridges to Bert CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
Blood Red River Scientists rare EP '83 orig kim salmon! US $99.00 Buy It Now 6 days
OST LP INFERNO KEITH EMERSON GODFREY SALMON 1980 BARCLAY FRANCE PRESSING NM US $35.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Brubeck - Piano Works By Dave Brubeck,John Salmon US $4.08 Buy It Now 7 days
John Salmon Plays Dave Brubeck Piano Compositions, , New US $8.97 Buy It Now 7 days
RUDY SCHWARTZ PROJECT Salmon Dave CD NEW GERMANY IMPORT AVANT GARDE ELECTRONIC US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Numbnut's - Smokey the Salmon and the Horny (2011) US $20.71 Buy It Now 7 days
Selections Rob Salmon MUSIC CD US $9.18 Buy It Now 7 days
Selections Rob Salmon MUSIC CD US $5.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Salmon : Paco Drop the Chicken CD (1997) US $3.93 Buy It Now 7 days
Freguson, Steve, Jack Salmon & Derby Sauce Audio CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 8 days
TOBIN TRIO CHODOS - SALMON UP [CD NEW] US $13.06 Buy It Now 8 days
KENNY SALMON - Big Beat Organ - LP record - - - - US $10.94 Buy It Now 8 days
CURTIS STEWART/K-GROOVE - SMOKED SALMON SALSA - 33JAZZ053 US $20.63 Buy It Now 8 days
LEFTOVER SALMON-LIVE CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 8 days
Euphoria, Leftover Salmon, Good US $7.49 Buy It Now 8 days
John Gentry Tennyson - Europa "PROMO" CD Piano Jazz Classical - Barry Salmon US $6.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon Parmentier-Salmon Run CD NEW US $13.88 Buy It Now 8 days
REPRISE RECORDS 45 RECORD COMPANY SLEEVE 1961-1963 BLUE AND SALMON LABELS US $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
PURPLE OVERDOSE-The Salmon's Trip-Live-GREEK PSYCH-NEW CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Leftover Salmon - Euphoria (1997) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.38 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy SALMON music online Buy SALMON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SALMON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SALMON When The Dust Settles ratings distribution

SALMON When The Dust Settles reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars I am totally stunned that there are no reviews with a comment for this good Dutch band. OK, they don't play in the major league, they might sound retro-prog; but still: their music is very pleasant and should draw much more of your attention. I just hope that justice will be done with my humble contribution.

When you listen to this album, you will be brought into some of the great bands who are the heart and soul of this site. Some might find this irritating (and I belong to these at times as well) but this is a nice trip into past glory; but with some modern and catchy touch.

The opener "King Of A Day" should please any "Yes" or "Genesis" fans (in terms of music) combined with "Gentle Giant" ones (for some vocal parts). Complex and simple at the same time, this fine symphonic piece is an excellent start.

I even find that Japp Langereis has improved in his vocal duties in comparison with their debut album. His name is also funny (but you need to grab some Dutch to get it): it literally means long trip. This song holds a fine melody and even borrows some lines to "Watcher Of The Skies" of which you might have heard already.(ah, quand tu nous tiens.).

A song as "September Weeps" is so moving, so melodic. the delicate piano play is outstanding and what to say about but a so emotional guitar break. Some might find this mellow, but I am just found of these moments. A fine track indeed.

The shadow of Watcher is again hanging over the intro of "Three". I might be on a good mood tonight but I really like these seventies sounds which are making every second of this track a pretty good and wonderfully symphonic matter. This is a fine instrumental which can be also related to ELP of course. And I like it quite a bunch.

The closing "Dubious Dried Ink" also holds some gorgeous synth parts. OK, they are Banks oriented, but I told you, I'm in a good mood tonight and I am so enchanted with those sounds from my youth. Did I say nostalgia?

To be complete, there is an almost twenty minutes epic song called "Time To Fantasize" as well. The intro is a splendid band's work: each of the musician being so much in line with his colleagues; and to perform this gentle yet sophisticated music is such a beautiful treat.

If I had one negative comment about "Time.", it would be the lead vocals which are closer to the ones of their debut album than what we could experience on "When The Dust Settles". But even if most of this track is on the mellowish side, there are some fine synths and GG type of vocals. Some will say: again. But they are so pleasant.

IMHHO this good Dutch band holds the symphonic flag pretty high in the prog sky. Together with their excellent Dutch colleagues "Knight Area". Two good examples of the lively Dutch scene. It is a pity though that so little information is available from this band.

I like this album very much. When I discovered it, I rated with "Y" which means "Yes" which means five stars in my jargon. I wouldn't rate it that high for my official post (it is somewhat too derivative to achieve the highest rating) but I grant it four stars.

This is a very good achievement and a very enjoyable album. From A to Z. A fantastic return to days I would like to return to. Unfortunately it is physically not possible; but musically, such a good work helps.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#188255) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 07, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Although I thought I had quite some knowledge about the dutch prog scene thanks to some friends in there (hi Erik & Henk!), I had never heard about this band till very recently when I found this CD totally by chance in a friendīs house. It amazed me that such talented and strong group is hardly mentioned on the many prog forums I visited. Nevertheless, it is always good to discover such fine piece of work.

The production of the album is very good, and I was amazed to find that Salmon is only a quartet. They play like a seven member outfit! Their sound is a good mix of many different influences played through some modern hands. There are hints of Yes, Genesis and others, but generally they have a sound of their own. Their Gentle Giant-like harmony vocals are some of the more tasteful and beautiful I have ever heard: it fitted their style like a glove. Much better then a lot of groups that seem to try emulate GG without ever grasping that legendary bandīs knack for the simple tune (yes, behind all their complexity GG knew all along that less is more!).

The CD has no highlights, all the songs deserve a careful listen. The tracks are quite varied and yet retain a cohesive whole. Even if it is not perfect, When The Dust Settles shows that Salmon has both the chops and the songwriting skills to become one of progīs most proeminent acts to appear in latter days. If you, like me, never heard of Salmon, then there is still time to find this little symphonic gem. Iīm looking forward to hear their future works. Highly recommended.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#220805) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 12, 2009

4 stars Music refined on a good foundation of keyboards, and arpeggiated guitars. The voice is also characteristic and protagonist. A good rhythmic bass accompaniment, and drums neat, punctual. It is a product rather thoughtful and to listen carefully. Especially in Time to Fantasize perceived this. ... (read more)

Report this review (#979296) | Posted by sinslice | Sunday, June 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of the nicest surprises so far this year. This Dutch band is under most proggers radar, but really deserves the scene's full recognition. The mood and style of this album reminds me a lot about Cathedral's superb debut album Stained Glass Stories. Just a lot less heavier and more baroque. ... (read more)

Report this review (#224416) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SALMON "When The Dust Settles"