WHEN THE DUST SETTLES

Buy SALMON Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. King for a Day (9:22)
2. Grey Velvet (6:26)
3. Time to Fantasize (19:27)
4. September Weeps (7:05)
5. Three (7:46)
6. Dubious Dried Ink (8:20)

Total time: 58:29

Search SALMON When The Dust Settles lyrics

Search SALMON When The Dust Settles tabs

- Sven de Haan / bass, bass pedals, backing vocals
- Gerrit Hoogenbeen / acoustic & electric guitars, backing vocals
- Jan Jaap Langereis / lead vocals, keyboards
- Michel Nieuwenhuis / drums, percussion

SALMON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SALMON When The Dust Settles Music

TOBIN CHODOS - SALMON UP NEW CD US $19.83 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Leftover Salmon - Live [CD New] US $13.97 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Kim Salmon & The Surrealists - Self Titled CD US $28.23 Buy It Now 11h 6m
1989 SEE NO EVIL (Robin Dean Salmon) LP CBS Z-45165 NM Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 12h 54m
1989 SEE NO EVIL (Robin Dean Salmon) LP CBS Z-45165 VG+ Vinyl US $3.30 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Leftover Salmon - Bridges to Bert CD 1992 Whirled Beets Records bluegrass jam US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 53m
Cracker / Leftover Salmon - O Cracker Where Art NEW CD US $12.39 Buy It Now 20h 9m
Adventures Of Riley: Survival Of The Salmon Song, Cd Only US $1.00 [0 bids]
ANDR,S CALAMARO - EL SALMON [CD] [1 DISC] [685738584123] - NEW CD US $11.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Stevenson Vince - Salmon Run Cdr CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Salmon Robin Dean - Blackbird CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
LEFTOVER SALMON NEW CD US $18.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Leftover Salmon - Live At Wanee Festival 2012 CD US $33.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Salmon Faith By Salmon Faith (CD 1997 Wolf River) US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kim Salmon & Surrealists Hit Me With Surreal Feel CD Scientists Beasts Bourbon US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MARIANELLI, DARIO - SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN - NEW CD US $12.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Salmon CD "Flourished with Candies" Entropy Records Lawrence Martinez, Gilroy CA US $28.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Blood Red River Scientists rare EP '83 orig kim salmon! US $99.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OST LP INFERNO KEITH EMERSON GODFREY SALMON 1980 BARCLAY FRANCE PRESSING NM US $39.98 Buy It Now 2 days
John Salmon Plays Dave Brubeck Piano Compositions, , New US $8.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Brubeck - Piano Works By Dave Brubeck,John Salmon US $4.18 Buy It Now 2 days
RUDY SCHWARTZ PROJECT Salmon Dave CD NEW GERMANY IMPORT AVANT GARDE ELECTRONIC US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lethal Gospel - Beware Of God 7" Salmon Eye Records Punk Rare OPP 1988 SF,CA US $1.50 [0 bids]
The Numbnut's - Smokey the Salmon and the Horny (2011) US $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Selections Rob Salmon MUSIC CD US $9.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Selections Rob Salmon MUSIC CD US $5.96 Buy It Now 3 days
John Gentry Tennyson - Europa "PROMO" CD Piano Jazz Classical - Barry Salmon US $6.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Salmon : Paco Drop the Chicken CD (1997) US $3.93 Buy It Now 3 days
Freguson, Steve, Jack Salmon & Derby Sauce Audio CD US $10.74 Buy It Now 3 days
CHODOS,TOBIN TRIO - SALMON UP [CD NEW] US $13.06 Buy It Now 3 days
KIM SALMON - RECORD - OZ 14 TRK CD - SCIENTISTS - INDIE US $9.40 Buy It Now 3 days
YOU AM I - DRUM MEDIA MUSIC PAPER - 1997 - KIM SALMON - SCREAMING JETS US $9.40 Buy It Now 3 days
KENNY SALMON - Big Beat Organ - LP record - - - - US $11.06 Buy It Now 3 days
CURTIS STEWART/K-GROOVE - SMOKED SALMON SALSA - 33JAZZ053 US $21.10 Buy It Now 3 days
LEFTOVER SALMON-LIVE CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 3 days
Euphoria, Leftover Salmon, Good US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jon Parmentier-Salmon Run CD NEW US $13.88 Buy It Now 4 days
REPRISE RECORDS 45 RECORD COMPANY SLEEVE 1961-1963 BLUE AND SALMON LABELS US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Kim Salmon & The Surrealists Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING WORLDWIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PURPLE OVERDOSE-The Salmon's Trip-Live-GREEK PSYCH-NEW CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Matt Hayes Lake Escapes - Trout And Salmon [DVD] US $8.14 Buy It Now 4 days
ALFREDO CAMPOLI AND HIS SALMON ORCHESTRA Poeme/The Dancing Doll 78 DECCA F3325 US $22.05 Buy It Now 4 days
RANDAL BAYS - SALMON'S LEAP NEW CD US $26.77 Buy It Now 4 days
TRUE - Long After Tonight (Is All Over) / Leg O Salmon 12" Vinyl 1984 UK IMPORT US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Native Ground - Where Wild Salmon Run (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.99 [0 bids]
John Salmon Plays Dave Brubeck Naxos CD US $5.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Salmon,Robin Dean - Blackbird [CD New] US $11.36 Buy It Now 4 days
ROBIN DEAN SALMON - BLACKBIRD NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 5 days
John Salmon/Dave Brubeck - Chromatic Fantasy Sonata; Rising Sun; The Salmon CD US $3.38 Buy It Now 5 days
J-L SALMON Pourquoi FRENCH GROOVE/ JAZZY POP/ FUNKY BREAKS 45 w/ SLIM PEZIN Hear US $35.00 Buy It Now 5 days
JEAN LUC SALMON Ruskos FRENCH PROG PSYCH FOLK 45 w/ SLIM PEZIN Arr JEAN CLAUDRIC US $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Euphoria by Leftover Salmon (CD, Mar-1997, Hollywood) Disc Only US $5.12 Buy It Now 5 days
Paco Drop the Chicken by Salmon (CD, Feb-1997, Red Ant Records) RARE OOP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Paco Drop the Chicken by Salmon (CD, Feb-1997, Red Ant Records) RARE OOP US $15.99 [0 bids]
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME the great misdirect DBL Lp Record SALMON Colored Vinyl US $37.99 [0 bids]
LEFTOVER SALMON Better ULTRA RARE 1 TRK PROMO CD Single US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Leftover Salmon [CD New] US $12.78 Buy It Now 5 days
Leftover Salmon - Aquatic Hitchhiker - Advance Copy US $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Moose & Salmon LP Henry KAISER John OSWALD Toshinori KONDO FREE IMPROVISATION US $33.33 Buy It Now 5 days
HARDWICK ~ The Salmon Fisherman 1964 Garage Rock 45 Orig US Panorama 8 - Hear ! US $7.95 [0 bids]
Compass 4339 Leftover Salmon / Live /Compact Disc/Promo US $14.95 [0 bids]
Scientists This is My Happy Hour 7" 45 VG++ Kim Salmon Punk Australian US $22.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Aquatic Hitchhiker - Salmon Leftover New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $14.90 Buy It Now 6 days
To Hal And Bacharach Various CD Kim Salmon Frank Bennett Chris Wilson Whitlams US $24.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - LEFTOVER SALMON (634457648029) - NEW CD US $9.77 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON - Live CD - NEW & SEALED - Bluegrass, Cajun, Jam Band, Slamgrass US $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Cracker/Leftover Salmon O Cracker, Where Art Thou? CD Country-Rock Music New US $16.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Electroscope-Journey to Czech PINK salmon vinyl LP 1999 US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
True - Long After Tonight/Leg o' Salmon - UK 12" single US $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Scientists Absolute CD Rare US Compilation Kim Salmon Cowpunk Best of 1981-87 US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
LEFTOVER SALMON, The Nashville Sessions, Rare CD US $15.00 [0 bids]
Stevenson,Vince - Salmon Run [CD New] US $20.98 Buy It Now 7 days
SALMON Pedastool Break b/w Q SEALED CASSETTE TAPE Promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
LEFTOVER SALMON - AQUATIC HITCHHIKER [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $7.75 Buy It Now 7 days
DARIO MARIANELLI "SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN" SOUNDTRACK CD 2012 lakeshore US $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Leftover Salmon CD Euphoria bluegrass americana jamband Colorado US $2.00 [0 bids]
SCIENTISTS ABSOLUTE CD SUB POP KIM SALMON US $41.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Euphoria by Leftover Salmon (CD, Mar-1997, Hollywood) US $7.49 [0 bids]
Jack Salmon & Derby Sauce by Steven Ferguson (CD, Aug-1993, Schoolkids) US $12.99 [0 bids]
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS The Salmon Dance 3 Track Promo CD Single 2007 US $8.47 Buy It Now 8 days
The Scientists 'PISSED ON ANOTHER PLANET' 2CD (Kim Salmon, James Baker) US $39.54 Buy It Now 8 days
'HOMING' Vintage Sheet music TERESA DEL RIEGO,WORDS BY ARTHUR L SALMON US $20.37 Buy It Now 8 days
'O SHIP OF MY DELIGHT ' Vintage Sheet music MONTAGUE F PHILIPS,ARTHUR SALMON US $20.37 Buy It Now 8 days
THE NUMBNUT'S/NUMBNU - SMOKEY THE SALMON AND THE HORNY - NEW CD US $12.56 Buy It Now 8 days
NUMBNUTS - SMOKEY THE SALMON AND THE HORNY - PMZ058CD US $22.24 Buy It Now 8 days
Dave Brubeck: Chromatic Fantasy Sonata; Rising Sun; The Salmon Strikes (CD, Feb) US $1.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Leftover Salmon - "Leftover Salmon" New Sealed CD US $9.09 Buy It Now 8 days
Salmon/PACO..DROP THE CHICKEN/Orig Press 1997/Rare/Mint US $15.99 [0 bids]
Salmon Davis,CD,Salmon Davis,Seattle Indie US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Cracker/Leftover Salmon - O Cracker Where Art Thou [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Paco Drop the Chicken by Salmon CD EA05 US $0.99 Buy It Now 9 days
HARDWICK: The Old Teenager / Salmon Fishing 45 (w/ Larry Coryell) Jazz US $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Leftover Salmon - Live CD Pop Rock US $18.84 Buy It Now 10 days
Brubeck Salmon - John Salmon Plays Brubeck CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 10 days
Calamaro Andres - Salmon CD Latin Rock US $18.30 Buy It Now 10 days
Cracker Leftover Salmon - O Cracker Where Art Thou CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Salmon Kim & Jones Spencer P. - Runaways LP Vinyl Record US $29.01 Buy It Now 10 days
KIM SALMON I'll Be Around: Escobar Remix EP CD AUSTRALIA IMPORT SCIENTISTS US $6.66 Buy It Now 10 days
Aquatic Hitchhiker - Leftover Salmon US $9.35 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy SALMON music online Buy SALMON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SALMON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SALMON When The Dust Settles ratings distribution

SALMON When The Dust Settles reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars I am totally stunned that there are no reviews with a comment for this good Dutch band. OK, they don't play in the major league, they might sound retro-prog; but still: their music is very pleasant and should draw much more of your attention. I just hope that justice will be done with my humble contribution.

When you listen to this album, you will be brought into some of the great bands who are the heart and soul of this site. Some might find this irritating (and I belong to these at times as well) but this is a nice trip into past glory; but with some modern and catchy touch.

The opener "King Of A Day" should please any "Yes" or "Genesis" fans (in terms of music) combined with "Gentle Giant" ones (for some vocal parts). Complex and simple at the same time, this fine symphonic piece is an excellent start.

I even find that Japp Langereis has improved in his vocal duties in comparison with their debut album. His name is also funny (but you need to grab some Dutch to get it): it literally means long trip. This song holds a fine melody and even borrows some lines to "Watcher Of The Skies" of which you might have heard already.(ah, quand tu nous tiens.).

A song as "September Weeps" is so moving, so melodic. the delicate piano play is outstanding and what to say about but a so emotional guitar break. Some might find this mellow, but I am just found of these moments. A fine track indeed.

The shadow of Watcher is again hanging over the intro of "Three". I might be on a good mood tonight but I really like these seventies sounds which are making every second of this track a pretty good and wonderfully symphonic matter. This is a fine instrumental which can be also related to ELP of course. And I like it quite a bunch.

The closing "Dubious Dried Ink" also holds some gorgeous synth parts. OK, they are Banks oriented, but I told you, I'm in a good mood tonight and I am so enchanted with those sounds from my youth. Did I say nostalgia?

To be complete, there is an almost twenty minutes epic song called "Time To Fantasize" as well. The intro is a splendid band's work: each of the musician being so much in line with his colleagues; and to perform this gentle yet sophisticated music is such a beautiful treat.

If I had one negative comment about "Time.", it would be the lead vocals which are closer to the ones of their debut album than what we could experience on "When The Dust Settles". But even if most of this track is on the mellowish side, there are some fine synths and GG type of vocals. Some will say: again. But they are so pleasant.

IMHHO this good Dutch band holds the symphonic flag pretty high in the prog sky. Together with their excellent Dutch colleagues "Knight Area". Two good examples of the lively Dutch scene. It is a pity though that so little information is available from this band.

I like this album very much. When I discovered it, I rated with "Y" which means "Yes" which means five stars in my jargon. I wouldn't rate it that high for my official post (it is somewhat too derivative to achieve the highest rating) but I grant it four stars.

This is a very good achievement and a very enjoyable album. From A to Z. A fantastic return to days I would like to return to. Unfortunately it is physically not possible; but musically, such a good work helps.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#188255) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 07, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Although I thought I had quite some knowledge about the dutch prog scene thanks to some friends in there (hi Erik & Henk!), I had never heard about this band till very recently when I found this CD totally by chance in a friend´s house. It amazed me that such talented and strong group is hardly mentioned on the many prog forums I visited. Nevertheless, it is always good to discover such fine piece of work.

The production of the album is very good, and I was amazed to find that Salmon is only a quartet. They play like a seven member outfit! Their sound is a good mix of many different influences played through some modern hands. There are hints of Yes, Genesis and others, but generally they have a sound of their own. Their Gentle Giant-like harmony vocals are some of the more tasteful and beautiful I have ever heard: it fitted their style like a glove. Much better then a lot of groups that seem to try emulate GG without ever grasping that legendary band´s knack for the simple tune (yes, behind all their complexity GG knew all along that less is more!).

The CD has no highlights, all the songs deserve a careful listen. The tracks are quite varied and yet retain a cohesive whole. Even if it is not perfect, When The Dust Settles shows that Salmon has both the chops and the songwriting skills to become one of prog´s most proeminent acts to appear in latter days. If you, like me, never heard of Salmon, then there is still time to find this little symphonic gem. I´m looking forward to hear their future works. Highly recommended.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#220805) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 12, 2009

4 stars Music refined on a good foundation of keyboards, and arpeggiated guitars. The voice is also characteristic and protagonist. A good rhythmic bass accompaniment, and drums neat, punctual. It is a product rather thoughtful and to listen carefully. Especially in Time to Fantasize perceived this. ... (read more)

Report this review (#979296) | Posted by sinslice | Sunday, June 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of the nicest surprises so far this year. This Dutch band is under most proggers radar, but really deserves the scene's full recognition. The mood and style of this album reminds me a lot about Cathedral's superb debut album Stained Glass Stories. Just a lot less heavier and more baroque. ... (read more)

Report this review (#224416) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SALMON "When The Dust Settles"