TRIBUS

- Jean Robert Viita / keyboards, backing vocals
- Morten Clason / sax, flute, backing vocals
- Arnfinn Isaksen / bass
- Sam Arne Nĝland (RIP) / drums

Note : The actual instrumentation could not be fully confirmed at this moment

Artwork: Kirsten Viita

CD Apollon Records - ARTPCD0000002 (2018, Norway)

2xLP Apollon Records - ARTPLP0000002 (2018, Norway)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy THE WINDMILL Tribus Music

TribusTribus
Apollon Records 2018
$12.22
TribusTribus
Apollon Records 2018
$29.05

More places to buy THE WINDMILL music online Buy THE WINDMILL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE WINDMILL Tribus ratings distribution

THE WINDMILL Tribus reviews

Review by b_olariu
4 stars The Windmill from Norway is one of my fav progressive rock bands in last decade. I have a soft spot for their music since they released their first album in 2010 named To be continued.... Formed in 2001 but only in 2010 they come with thir first opus who become quikly a respected album in this genre, the second album was issued in 2013 and now in 2018 they released third album named Tribus. I love this album and everything thei offer from the music to the excellent art work made by the wife Kirsten K. Viita of the vocalist/keybordist , really excelletnt work that goes hand in hand with the music. Now, the music is more then great, with lots of intresting arrangements, with each musician shining on their instruments. Opening with the longest piece of the album The tree, what a great opener for sure, keyboards and guitar built together in a perfect unit in 23 minute i was in another world. Great changes in tempo and top notch musicianship strong are the flute moments who gives a certain vintage atmophere overall. Follow Storm - an instrumental piece with nice melodic passages and all the ingredients to be a fairly solid tune, I like a lot the guitar parts, Stig Andr' Clason ( I guess the son of Morten Clason responsable for flute and sax here) done a marvelous job, really fantastic guitar lines . Dendrophenia is a short pieces clocking around 5 min, remind me of Uriah Heep in parts, a nice one again. Make Me Feel is another top tune, balanced arrangements, nice vocals, all is here. The ending Play with Fire, ends a the album in a beautiful elegant manner, very nice vocal parts and flute. So , all in all Tribus is well balanced going from mid tempo passages to more up tempo in nice skilfull manner, from melodic lines to more heavy prog , passages thet flows very well and with substance. All pieces are excellent, not a weak or boring moments here. Tribus is to me one of the better examples how must sound a good solid prog rock album these days. Love it from the first spin. Recommended for sure, The Windmill is one of the best exponets in prog rock relam in last decade. 4 stars without hesitation. I love this band and all 3 albums are recommended, plus the art work and booklet is brilliand again.

R.I.P. - Sam Arne Nĝland - the drumer of The Windmill, who sadly passed away during the recordings of Tribus, in september, never been able to see the final result. he done a solid job on all 3 albums.

4 stars Review # 101. The Windmill is a Norwegian band that I discovered recently, and to be honest I was impressed. I had no idea about them until I saw some very good ratings and reviews about their latest album Tribus, and I decided to give it a try. Their music style can be characterized as H ... (read more)

Report this review (#2119239) | Posted by The Jester | Friday, January 18, 2019 | Review Permanlink

5 stars 'Tribus' is my third encounter with Norwegian band THE WINDMILL that does live up to expectations. Once again, the keyboard player Jean Robert Viita and his crew (respectively, Erik Borgen ? lead singing & guitars; Morten Loken Clason - flutes, sax, b/v; Sam-Arne Nĝland - drums; Stig André ... (read more)

Report this review (#2086631) | Posted by Second Endeavour | Friday, December 14, 2018 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WINDMILL "Tribus"