BEST OF APHRODITE'S CHILD

Aphrodite's Child

Aphrodite's Child Best Of Aphrodite's Child album cover

Buy APHRODITE'S CHILD Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1975

1. Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall (4:57)
2. Such a funny night (4:33)
3. I want to live (3:30)
4. You always stand in my way (3:55)
5. Rain and Tears (3:10)
6. Let me love, Let me live (4:42)
7. Don't try to catch a river (3:38)
8. It's five o'clock (3:29)
9. Wake up (4:50)
10. End of the World (3:13)

Search APHRODITE'S CHILD Best Of Aphrodite's Child lyrics

Search APHRODITE'S CHILD Best Of Aphrodite's Child tabs

Mercury 838 706-2

and to Fassbinder for the last updates

APHRODITE'S CHILD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy APHRODITE'S CHILD Best Of Aphrodite's Child Music

Aphrodite's Child Best of SEALED 1994 West German CD Vangelis Humanity Formiinx USD $13.95 Buy It Now 3 days
APHRODITE'S CHILD RAIN AND TEARS THE BEST OF 1970s UK LP PHILLIPS 6483 025 USD $23.45 Buy It Now 4 days
Aphrodite's Child vinyl LP album record Best Of Aphrodite's Child German USD $45.27 Buy It Now 6 days
Aphrodite's Child "Best Of" Vinyl-LP 1978 ORG.rock 33rpm 12" Mint USD $37.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Best Of Aphrodite's Child CD NEW (VANGELIS Demis Rouss) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Best Of Aphrodite's Child - Aphrodite's Child (2002, CD New) USD $10.32 Buy It Now 10 days
3 APHRODITE'S CHILD LPs - 666 Promo! & Best of - Vertigo & Mercury - US, Germany USD $48.47 Buy It Now 12 days
Aphrodite'S Child - Best Of Germany CD USD $19.59 Buy It Now 13 days
BEST OF APHRODITE'S CHILD - NEW CD USD $9.49 Buy It Now 13 days
APHRODITE'S CHILD**BEST OF**CD USD $12.80 Buy It Now 13 days
THE BEST OF APHRODITE'S CHILD - PORTUGAL 45 EP FREE SHIPPING USD $35.00 Buy It Now 14 days
APHRODITE'S CHILD - Best Of Aphrodites Child LP Rare Israel 1st press Mercury USD $34.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Aphrodite's Child - Best Of Aphrodite's Child [CD New] USD $12.50 Buy It Now 16 days
BEST OF APHRODITE'S CHILD ISRAEL ISRAELI CD USD $40.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Aphrodite's Child - Best Of LP Greek Rock Turkish Edt. Free P+P USD $40.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Best Of Aphrodite's Child - Child Aphrodite's New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shi USD $23.08 Buy It Now 21 days
Aphrodite's Child - Best Of Aphrodite's Child KOREA CD *SEALED* OBI USD $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
APHRODITE'S CHILD Best Of Aphrodite's Child VINYL LP RECORD EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $31.26 Buy It Now 22 days
Aphrodite's Child - Rain And Tears - The Best of - Compilation 12" Vinyl LP USD $15.56 Buy It Now 23 days
APHRODITE'S CHILD - BEST OF (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $19.84 Buy It Now 24 days
APHRODITE'S CHILD / VANGELIS Best Of 1971 SPAIN LP PROG USD $35.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Aphrodite's Child - Best Of Aphrodite's Child CD USD $16.50 Buy It Now 28 days
THE VERY BEST OF DEMIS ROUSSOS & APHRODITE`S CHILD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 30 days
CD end of the world ~ USD $15.01
LP end of the world ~ USD $27.17
CD it's five o'clock ~ USD $15.01
LP it's five o'clock ~ USD $28.41

More places to buy APHRODITE'S CHILD music online Buy APHRODITE'S CHILD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for APHRODITE'S CHILD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

APHRODITE'S CHILD Best Of Aphrodite's Child ratings distribution

APHRODITE'S CHILD Best Of Aphrodite's Child reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars Demis Roussos on Progarchives!

Aphrodite child are as well known these days for their two famous former members as they are for their music. Both Vangelis and Demis Roussos of course went on to find fame and fortune as solo artists.

While Vangelis has retained his credibility through some ambient prog keyboards based albums and some lucrative tie ups with Jon Anderson, Roussos' fame came through reinventing himself as something of a crooner who appealed to those who liked a nice tune. (Any vestige of credibility he had retained was removed by the mention of him in the classic television play "Abigail's party". Abigail, a socialite played superbly by Alison Steadman, insisted on playing his music to impress her guests).

Great care needs to be taken when investigating compilations of Aphrodite's Child's music. There have been a plethora of such releases (I have another LP called "Greatest Hits" which has a very similar track listing to this album), as those listed on this site are the mere tip of the iceberg. What many of these early (LP) compilations have in common however is that they focus on the band's first two albums, and completely ignore their finest hour "666".

Those first two albums, "End of the world" and "It's five o'clock" are based in pop and Greek folk music, with little in the way of anything progressive. Apart from the tracks from the two albums, a couple of singles released as stop gaps are included here. "I want to live" is one of these. The song uses the traditional "Plaisir d'amour" for its melody, being delightfully sung by Roussos with angelic backing voices and complementary piano played by Vangelis. "Spring summer winter and fall", which was released between the second and third albums, is a more orthodox Roussos ballad.

Selected album tracs include "Such a funny night" which has a "Zorba's dance" feel at times, the high pop vocals being rather at odds with the instrumentation. "Rain and tears" uses Pachelbel's "Canon", one of those classical themes which everyone recognises, for its melody. Once again, a highly enjoyable song, but a million miles from the theme of this site.

In more recent times, more comprehensive compilations covering the band's entire career have appeared. At the end of the day though, the best way to obtain their "666" album is to buy their "666" album!

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#141290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 01, 2007

Review by Seyo
2 stars Nice compilation of early AC's pop hits of the 1960s, sprinkled with psychedelia spices. Paired with masterpiece "666", this might be all you need to have from this fine Greek band, since their first two albums are not really worth buying in their original form unless you are a collector. As more comprehensive compilations are also available, this one is sort of archival item as such.

PERSONAL RATING: 3/5

P.A. RATING: 2/5

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#141291) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 01, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I have mentioned in my review for "Houses Of The Holy" (Led Zeppelin) how I came in contact with this compilation album.

I have always liked their symphonic prog pop sounds more than their more "ethnic" or "avant-garde" music, so six pieces here can really be considered as "best of" IMHHO.

The childish and folky "Such A Funny Night" is very weak but "You Always Stand In My Way" although strongly psychedelic oriented is not a fave of mine either. But actually, it would have been hard to group great songs of this band and get a full and great album. Even if "Aphrodite's Child" belongs to my early youth (when I was eleven or so) I have to admit this.

So, yes I am found of those "Rain & Tears", "Spring, Summer, Winter & Fall", I Want To Live" and "End Of The World" but IMHHO, there is one masterpiece on this compilation. Their hit single "It's Five 'O Clock" and I walk to these empty streets. Oops.

This fully Fab Four oriented song is so closely related with my tender infancy that I can't help. Each time I listen to it, I remind those sweet souvenirs of this early period of my life. A perfect example of gorgeous keys combined with a superb melody. My all time fave of the band of course; but End Of The World is really close.

Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#159774) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 25, 2008

Review by Andrea Cortese
3 stars This is a good compilation of pre-666 material. It is a collection of many successful hits the greek band has graced us between 1968 and 1970, songs taken from the albums "End of the World" and "It's Five o' Clock" (and from other singles released in that period of time).

From what I know, it's the first ever Aphrodite's Child compilation and for a long time it was the only way to get most of Aphrodite's Child's hit songs (Rain and Tears, for example).

The tracks are a product of their times (the end of the sixties): there are beautiful melodies (with the beautiful vocals of Demi Roussos) and the superb symphonic-pop sound with which the band climbed up the charts of Europe, as in the excellent "Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall" and in the memorable "It's Five o' Clock".

Send comments to Andrea Cortese (BETA) | Report this review (#644948) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 03, 2012

3 stars Not bad compilation but only with music for Progsters because POP, Psychedelic Rock or Folk. Interesting "Such A Funny Night" forthe use of bouzouki "You Always Stand In My Way" for the power, "Rain and Tears" because is an evergreen (and one of my all time preferred songs), "Wake Up" for melo ... (read more)

Report this review (#402904) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Friday, February 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I think this album is excellent for these really beautiful songs: Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall You always stand in my way Rain and Tears It's five o'clock End of the World I rather a compilation because i don't consider Aphrodite's Child a very good band but they played some very beautifu ... (read more)

Report this review (#133477) | Posted by .vMv. | Friday, August 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of APHRODITE'S CHILD "Best Of Aphrodite's Child"