PAPER MÂCHÉ DREAM BALLOON

Studio Album, released in 2015

1. Sense (3:30)
2. Bone (2:16
3. Dirt (2:50)
4. Paper Mâché Dream Balloon (2:39)
5. Trapdoor (2:38)
6. Cold Cadaver (2:43)
7. The Bitter Boogie (4:29)
8. N.G.R.I. (Bloodstain) (2:25)
9. Time = Fate (2:26)
10. Time = $$$ (2:04)
11. Most of What I Like (3:17)
12. Paper Mâché (2:29)

- Stu Mackenzie / vocals, acoustic guitar, sitar, electric & string basses, piano, violin, flute, clarinet, drums, percussion
- Joe Walker / acoustic guitar, electric & string basses, vocals
- Cook Craig / acoustic guitar, string bass, percussion, vocals (lead 9)
- Ambrose Kenny-Smith / harmonica, vocals
- Lucas Skinner / bass, piano
- Michael Cavanagh / drums, bongos, congas
- Eric Moore / -

Artwork: Jason Galea

CD Flightless ‎- FLT023CD (2015, Australia)

LP Flightless ‎- FLT023 (2015, Australia)
LP Heavenly Records - HVNLP124 (2015, UK)

FLAC download - bandcamp.com

Thanks to tempest_77 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD Paper Mâché Dream Balloon Music

More places to buy KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD music online

KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD Paper Mâché Dream Balloon ratings distribution

KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD Paper Mâché Dream Balloon reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator
3 stars The second of the band's two 2015 releases puts on display the acoustic version of the band! Live from the farm!

1. 'Sense' (3:30) I here a little PAUL WELLER in this song--the R&B sensibilities and 'sensible' chorus. A top three song for me. (8.75/10)

2. 'Bone' (2:16) HERMANS HERMITS?! Or KEVIN AYERS or something from the 1960s! Cool! (4.25/5)

3. 'Dirt' (2:50) more airy-fairy early Canterbury sounds and feel (though contemporary band from Devon, MAGIC BUS, was releasing their similarly sounding second album about this time). (4.25/5)

4. 'Paper Mâché Dream Balloon' (2:39) as above. (4/5)

5. 'Trapdoor' (2:38) aside from the gimmicky sounds, this bongo-laden song could've come from the bin of oddball songs released in the 1950s. (4.25/5)

6. 'Cold Cadaver' (2:43) Nothing very special here. (4/5)

7. 'The Bitter Boogie' (4:29) a standard blues boogie with acoustic guitars, harmonica, and reverbed vocals. (8.25/10)

8. 'N.G.R.I. (Bloodstain)' (2:25) Jerry Lee Lewis?! Doesn't work for me. (3/5)

9. 'Time = Fate' (2:26) another vocalist! Over more. By now I'm getting a little tired of the repetitious drum styles. (4/5)

10. 'Time = $$$' (2:04) almost Beatles sounding--mixing Paul's ukulele and Ringo's early drumming beneath John's under-confident singing. Not a great mix. (3.75/5)

11. 'Most of What I Like' (3:17) melodic, luring one in with its laid back feel and sweet vocals. (4.25/10)

12. 'Paper Mâché (2:29) an awesome little early Canterbury-like song'very much in symbiosis with Brit band MAGIC BUS. My favorite song on the album. (4.75/5)

A lot of very brief ditties that are reminiscent of the song lengths and styles of the British pop scene in the 1960s. The drumming often makes me feel as if I'm listening to THE STYLE COUNCIL's Steve Smith, Stu's vocals could be T Rex's MARC BOLAN.

B-/3.5 stars; marked down for its lack of progginess but still an interesting journey back into the 1960s' acoustic psych scene. Try it for yourself!

Post a review of KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD "Paper Mâché Dream Balloon"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.