NETWORK

1. On The Air (6:25)
2. Keep It Reel (4:18)
3. I'm Back (5:01)
4. If I Were You (3:48)
5. Outside Looking In (4:13)
6. Don't Look Now (5:05)
7. Live At Five (5:15)
8. Back Where We Started (4:16)
9. Believe (4:56)
10. Don't Make A Sound (6:18)

Search SAGA Network lyrics

Search SAGA Network tabs

- Michael Sadler / vocals, keyboards
- Ian Crichton / guitars
- Jim Crichton / bass, keyboards
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards, vocals
- Christian Simpson / drums

CD Steamhammer/SPV #727361122126

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Network Music

Imports 1994
BehaviorBehavior
Portrait/Sony 1990
ROGER-SAGA CONTINUES-JAPAN ONLY CD ttt US $37.99 Buy It Now 34m 38s
GLASS HAMMER "Perilous" Top USA heavy prog psych Yes Genesis Saga US $8.99 [0 bids]
35m 31s
P. Diddy 5 CD's NRMT: Forever, Press Play, No Way Out, The Saga Continues +More US $9.99 [0 bids]
44m 30s
HAYDN Piano Trios 16 27 Gilels Rostropovitch Leonid Kogan Violin Rare UK Saga LP US $8.14 [0 bids]
Saga Sjoberg & Kai Soderman LP Best-Loved Songs of Sweden US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THE HALLIARD:IT'S THE IRISH IN ME,1967,SAGA,RARE FOLK,EX US $1.61 [0 bids]
1979 UK Orig. SAGA LP "IMAGES AT TWILIGHT" US $6.51 [0 bids]
BRUNNING SUNFLOWER BLUES BAND BULLEN ST BLUES LP uk saga FID 2118 stereo US $32.62 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SIDNEY BECHET LP IMMORTAL SESSIONS yellow saga / pan 6900 US $13.86 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SAGA heads or tales LP - UK A1 B1 / CANADIAN PROG / ROCK / RUSH / EX EX US $6.51 [0 bids]
SLIP FINGERS O'REILLY Honky Tonkin' Vinyl LP SAGA PRE645 1964 US $21.19 Buy It Now 1h 57m
JIMI HENDRIX - AT HIS BEST (vol. 1) (LP) 1972 EX SAGA US $16.99 [0 bids]
FOUR GREAT SOPRANOS-G.FARRAR,E.DESTINN,F.LITVINNE..-LP-SAGA7003 (A2B2) NrM US $24.45 [0 bids]
2h
IRON AGE "Saga Demos" 2x7" Flexi + zine - punk hardcore power trip cold world US $19.49 [6 bids]
SAGA Sagacity 2CD Recommended prog. Rock US $8.50 [10 bids]
SAGA: Saga LP (UK, 2012 reissue, ex-November members, nearly new!) Rock US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Eclipse-Twilight Saga - TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE New US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
SAGA "WORLDS APART" LP 1982 portrait US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Furtwangler BEETHOVEN Symphony No.5 SIBELIUS En Saga - RR-507 SEALED US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
TV~The Saga of Battlestar Galactica LP~1978~Gatefold~MCA 3078~ US $4.49 [0 bids]
Quincy Jones ?- Roots: The Saga Of An American Family LP Vinyl SP4626 w/booklet US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
SIENA / BADINI Albinoni / Vivaldi LP SAGA 5443 US $3.26 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Holland THE BEACH BOYS Orig* BROTHER w/ EP Sail On Sailor CALIFORNIA SAGA Trader US $9.99 [0 bids]
ADAM ANT - SAGA- ASIA -NINA HAGEN - MEXICAN LP W/INSERT rock JUDAS PRIEST toto US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Jean Sibelius: Symphony No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 82; En Saga, Op. 9; CD US $14.10 Buy It Now 4h 44m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon Soundtrack Companion CD & DVD (CD, Mar-2010, 2... US $10.00 [0 bids]
Ice m- LP Saga of The Ice King US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h
book -- JAMES BROWN -- Living in America -- the soul saga of James Brown US $7.00 [0 bids]
SAGA Here I Am 3:35 12" Single Demonstration Copy 1985 Rocker-Fella Vinyl US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse by Original Soundtrack (CD, Jun-2010, Summit... US $13.89 [0 bids]
SAGA: Worlds Apart (FR 38246) (Portrait-1981) EX/VG+ US $9.00 Buy It Now 5h 43m
NEW - The Twilight Saga: New Moon Soundtrack 1st/class mailing US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
SAGA LP WORLDS APART PORTRAIT US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 45m
SAGA - "Wildest Dreams" LP 1987 1st US PROMO + BIO - (Atlantic) w/INNER US $22.88 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Saga - Defining Moments Vol. 1 CD (TND 199) US $9.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 45 RECORDS BEACH BOYS CALIFORNIA SAGA ON MY WAY TO SUNNY CALIFORNIA US $9.99 [0 bids]
JANET BAKER Schumann Schubert Brahms Saga LP US $17.97 Buy It Now 6h 21m
LONDON FFRR LDR 71041 SIBELIUS SYMPH #5 EN SAGA ASHKENAZY EX COND OUTSTANDING NR US $2.99 [0 bids]
H3O + ( Ian Crichton - Saga guitarist ) RARE OOP Canadian Prog Rock CD (New!) US $20.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
THE LOUIS ARMSTRONG SAGA-LP-LE 10360-SHRINK-LIMITED EDITION-FREE US SHIP-NM / NM US $25.00 [0 bids]
SAGA Marathon Promo CD 2003 Steamhammer 11 tracks slim case German Pressing US $10.00 [0 bids]
Saga Worlds Apart SEALED Metal Rock 80s RECORD lp US $19.79 Buy It Now 7h 18m
JASCHA HORENSTEIN-JOHN McCAW "Nielsen: Saga-Drøm" EX/EX 1970 1ST NONESUCH STR LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 29m
NECROMONKEY NEW CD A GLIMPSE OF POSSIBLE ENDINGS ANGLAGARD/GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA US $18.95 [0 bids]
DISNEY PICTURE SLEEVE + 45--(SAGA of ANDY BURNETT)---PS---PIC---SLV US $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
SEALED Haydn/Solomons 'Morzin Symphonies: Vol. 1' Saga Stereo 3-LP MINT UK US $75.00 Buy It Now 7h 47m
FREAKYMAN Discobug (the saga continues) 2x 12" Tremolo TRE2008 1996 Netherlands US $6.79 Buy It Now 8h 48m
Lazar Berman-Liszt Sonata-Beethoven Appassionata-LP-England-Saga-5430-Vinyl US $3.49 [0 bids]
*NM* The Beach Boys "California Saga/Funky Pretty" 45 Reprise/Brother REP 1156 US $9.99 [0 bids]
*VG+* The Beach Boys "California Saga" 45 WL PROMO Reprise/Brother MONO/Stereo US $3.99 [0 bids]
Panorama Saga: Tribute to Jit Samaroo, New Music US $12.13 Buy It Now 9h 23m
The Saga Of Battlestar Galactica Record And Other Original Compositions. US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Indo Jazzmen-Ragas and Reflections 1968 UK Saga FID2145 VG+/VG- Zonal Rarity US $79.99 Buy It Now 10h 30m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG THE LOUIS ARMSTRONG SAGA 1972 NM # KH 31326 NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
P Diddy & The Bad Boy Family: The Saga Continues, P Diddy, New Explicit Lyrics US $2.26 Buy It Now 11h 23m
LARGE PROFESSOR bout that time / liveguy saga 12"RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 31m
CENOTAPH - SAGA BELICA (REISSUE) (DLX) NEW CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Enrico Caruso Golden Voice of Saga Records 1965 US $6.95 Buy It Now 11h 42m
SAGA - 1987 Magazine Poster US $7.34 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Sibelius: Symphonies Nos. 5 & 7; En Saga [Hybrid SACD], New Music US $14.14 Buy It Now 12h 48m
ALEXANDER O'NEAL - SAGA OF A MARRIED MAN NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 13h 4m
Dillinger & Young Gotti 2: The Saga Continues (DPG) US $7.00 Buy It Now 13h 54m
BIG MAYBELLE - SAGA OF THE GOOD LIFE & HARD TIMES NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 14h 34m
JOHN SHIRLEY QUIRK a recital of english songs LP PS EX/EX saga 5473 US $14.66 Buy It Now 15h 53m
Sibelius: Karelia Finlandia En Saga - Sargent EMI JAPAN 24bit REMASTER SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 55m
THE BEACH BOYS - CALIFORNIA SAGA Portugal Promo 7/45 Unique Picture Sleeve Rare US $97.87 Buy It Now 16h 31m
SAGA (BEHAVIOUR) CANADA CASSETTE US $1.00 [0 bids]
PERFECTLY ORDINARY PEOPLE you gotta get up 12" 3 trk never ending saga mix in di US $8.16 Buy It Now 18h 17m
Afilia Saga East Survive Type A US $8.99 [0 bids]
Cyber Formula GPX Saga II Round 3 Meistersinger of Steel US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - HOUSE OF CARDS CD 2001 SPV 085-72162 CD IMPORT US $14.24 Buy It Now 18h 41m
TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PT 1 (SCORE) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 19h 3m
JELLY ROLL MORTON - THE SAGA OF MR. JELLY LORD #3 - JOKER SM 3552 US $2.99 [0 bids]
JELLY ROLL MORTON - THE SAGA OF MR. JELLY LORD - JOKER SM 3553 US $2.99 [0 bids]
ESQUIRE ALL STARS - THE FIRST CONCERT, VOL 1 - SAGA LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
ESQUIRE ALL STARS - THE SECOND CONCERT, Vol. 2 - SAGA LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE (IMPORT) (VERSION) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $39.71 Buy It Now 19h 45m
Twilight Saga Eclipse Original Soundtrack CD - Complete Orig Case/Artwork US $4.95 [0 bids]
BERNARD HERRMANNS WESTERN SAGA LP CERBERUS, Excellent (EX), Film Score US $10.00 [0 bids]
Saga~World's Apart LP~1982~RARE! Portrait Records AL 38246 NM/VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 47m
Saga - Ice New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $27.20 Buy It Now 21h 50m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG: THE LOUIS ARMSTRONG SAGA LP /THE BEST OF SATCHMO /GREAT MUSIC!! US $99.00 Buy It Now 22h 32m
Janos Starker, Bogin: Brahms: Cello sonatas no. 1, 2. 1964 UK Saga XID 5164 ed1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - On The Loose/Framed US $3.00 Buy It Now 22h 58m
The Twilight Saga breaking dawn part I CD New and sealed US $9.95 [0 bids]
Johnny and Hurricanes "Saga Of The Beatles" 45 on Atila US $9.99 [0 bids]
Saga - 20/20 [LP] (import) 2014 Vinyl LP/ US SELLER US $38.95 Buy It Now 23h 23m
Saga On the Loose / Framed 7 inch US $5.29 [0 bids]
Neeme Jarvi : Nielsen: Maskarade, Rhapsodic Overture, Helios Overture, Saga-drea US $4.48 Buy It Now 23h 40m
SAGA Heads Or Tails 1983 PORTRAIT CLASSIC ROCK AOR LP GERMAN IMPORT DMM RARE HTF US $15.00 [0 bids]
P DIDDY SAGA CONTINUES CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 23h 59m
Saga In Transit 12" vinyl LP '82 German Import rock US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILL LE SAGE ~ "Bill's Recipe's" (Saga) UK 1960 ~ ORIGINAL! - TOMMY WHITTLE etc. US $5.20 [2 bids]
SAGA - WORLDS APART - 1981 ORIG. N/M VINYL US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists - Twilight Saga (Eclipse/Original Soundtrack) (CD 2010) US $4.81 [0 bids]
SAGA - CONTACT: LIVE IN MUNICH (2PC) (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW DVD US $30.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA WHAT DO I KNOW PORTRAIT RECORDS PROMO 37-05463 STEREO W/ PIC SLEEVE NRMT+^ US $2.99 [0 bids]
SQUEEZE no place like home 12" 3 trk b/w last time forever and fortnight saga (a US $8.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Verdi - Il Trovatore Caruso - 1963 SAGA Records FID 2139 Vinyl US $13.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga : House Of Cards (Ltd.) CD (2010) US $19.41 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Network ratings distribution

SAGA Network reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Network from 2004, Saga's I guess finest album in this decade 'till now. I was a little surprised to saw that no collaborator review this album yet. I'm the first and I'm impressed again by a Saga album. The music here is more prog , more uptempo, more edged than previous one Marathon. The boys in the band are with more vein and that is shown in pieces like:On The Air, Keep It Reel, I'm back, the smooth Outside Looking In and Back Where We Started , the rest are also strong. But with all that I don't considered this a masterpiece or close, is just another well produce, well played Saga album. On Network Saga reminds me of their early albums, when they were big, combined very well the pop arrangements with great prog interplays, that made them kinda unique in the early '80's. So this album from 2004 is another example that Saga is not necessarly in top of prog music today, but they keep the flag high and they do what they know best - prog music combined very well with polish pop arrngements. 3 stars for sure for Network.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#192266) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by debrewguy
3 stars In slowly going through their collection ( starting with my own collection , then as budget and availability allows, once more thanks Spin-It used LP section), I find myself using most of the same descriptions for their music. Neo before Neo, modern prog, heavy symphonic leaning, etc ...

So this time, I'll start with a quick summary - this is a very good Saga album. If you're a fan, and you don't have it yet, get it. Apart from a few that are rated under 3 here at PA, Saga has the consistency in putting out quality material that their fans can count on, and in return, makes it clear why this band has been able to build a 30 plus year career in music.

This album has a heavier tone to it, with Ian Crichton's guitar moving more to the fore than others. On the mid-point of Keep it Reel, we even have him giving Eddie Van Halen a reminder primer of what Eddie used to be able to do. And also a good example that supports many a Saga fan's claim to the man being underrated as a musician. Indeed, this album has but two through & through ballads - If I Were You, and Outside Looking In. The rest are typical Saga prog rockers. In a way, the group was putting out heavier music during the new millenium than their countrymen Rush. Was Saga simply reflecting the aspects of its' sound that had become so standard in much of today's Neo & Crossover prog music ? In a way, I wonder if they might garner more respect & attention if they were a new band just starting out with this release ...

Live at Five harks back to Heads Or Tales with the main guitar riff sounding more like some modern metal bands, before Ian Crichton & Jim Gilmour return to glory days' memories of their magical interplay.

Now , as I try to wrap up this rather meandering review, I suggest, I recommend this album to all Saga fans from their glory period. I also believe that fans of Pendragon's Pure, of the later IQ releases and other Neo bands like Arena, would be well advised to search this album, along with other releases and see just how these old fogeys match and sometimes beat the "rookies" at a game that Saga played first. Not the greatest album, but one very satisfying. I'd give it a 3.5, but I can't round it up. So a 3 with a wee bit of guilt for the lowball.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#216056) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 15, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars They're back

Network is (mostly) "just another Saga album", but while in the 80's and 90's a new Saga album could be hit or miss, in the 00's, however, "just another Saga album" always meant another good Saga album. The previous three albums had seen Saga returning to the sound of their early days and on the previous album they completed the 16-part "chapters" song cycle that was started already back in 1978. What to do next? Could they maintain the momentum they had been building up since Full Circle? Would they finally do something different for a change? Well, as I implied already above, they opted for an album in pretty much the same style and quality as the previous three with some slight alterations.

Some Pink Floyd-ish Radio/ TV dialogues open the first song of what seem to be a loosely conceptual album (about television?). Maybe fans of Queensrÿche would enjoy this album more than most other Saga albums? It is a very far cry from the conceptual masterpiece Generation 13, but Network does seem to be slightly heavier, darker and harder-edged compared to the three previous albums - a direction Saga would continue and develop further on powerful albums like 10.000 Days and The Human Condition. Despite these slight changes in sound, the same typical, catchy melodies and often cheesy lyrics that we have come to expect from Saga make up the bulk of this album. Apart from the slightly longer opening and closing numbers, all the songs here are between three and a half and five minutes. There is not much space for instrumental workouts and the songs are rather conventional in structure. Only On The Air stands out as above the rest.

This album is on par with their previous one and a worthy album in its own right. It was another entry in the long series of good albums Saga did in the new millennium, but not the best of these.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#496076) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 03, 2011

4 stars Hmm. This is my 1st review and as I just picked this release up new at the Tower Records liquidation so far I claim its a winner. By this I mean its solid and I am not comparing it to the early Saga releases i.e. Imgaes at Twilight etc. but rather as a solid POST prog rock release. I am a musici ... (read more)

Report this review (#103348) | Posted by betawave31 | Saturday, December 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If you listen to Saga for the first time it's an album that will blow you away. Musicaly one of the best albums in the last years. If you are a die hardfan from the first album, like I am, than you have to think that they are on the way back to being one of the best progbands ever. There are ... (read more)

Report this review (#57025) | Posted by Hét LICHAAM | Saturday, November 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Excellent follow -up to "Marathon", actually better than" Marathon" on a lot of fronts. Not quite as good as "House of Cards " ,but hey that was a masterpiece.So pefection wise somewhere between "House of Cards", & "Full Circle" ,which is a vey nice neighbourhood to be in ! Some very special m ... (read more)

Report this review (#54190) | Posted by nordwind | Tuesday, November 01, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not as bad as I had expected from some of the reviews - the first 4 tracks are spot on, well worth the price of admission alone! I have followed Saga for 2 decades plus ( and the rest!) and Gawd knows they have produced some duffers - Lessons in Throwing Objects anyone?! - but I think this is ... (read more)

Report this review (#37262) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 22, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've followed Saga on and off for 23 years, and am very happy with this album. There might not be any ground-breaking here, but it's great to hear this band sound just like I expect them to. This is a very solid, rocking album with good ballads in the mix. After about 40 plays it still holds u ... (read more)

Report this review (#32965) | Posted by | Saturday, February 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After many years of following "the boys" I can only compare them to an old car. You know, it runs on all cylinders for some time then all of sudden it hic-ups and doesn't run so great...until you bring it in for a tune-up. This amazing band seems to follow a pattern of successful recordings th ... (read more)

Report this review (#32964) | Posted by | Thursday, February 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is up there with the best from SAGA.All is there.Great interactive guitar and keyboard as ever.Michael Sadler is awesome and the new drummer gels well adding a slightly different sound."On the Air" ,"Keep It Reel","Don't Make A Sound" are superb tracks but the standout for me is "I' ... (read more)

Report this review (#32963) | Posted by adrian coleman | Sunday, January 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars We are in the resurgence of the classic one of the Symphonic Progressive Rock of all the times? It is possible. A position of honor deserves this work inside the discografía of Saga, for me it is at a height of famous "In Transit" and also it has the whole essence of the group. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32962) | Posted by | Monday, January 17, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sorry, but this one is no good. Dont believe a word. Go buy the first 4 records and maybe the live dvds.The keys are mixed well back, there is no moog taurus and very little synth bass. Ian is a truly exceptional guitarist but the tone and the abundance of cheesy power chords grate on the ear. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32961) | Posted by | Saturday, December 18, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I don't know what this other reviewer is thinking with only giving Network 2 stars?!? That's quite honestly insane, but I'll respect his opinion. Network has blown me away from my very first listen, it is by far the BEST work they have done since Worlds Apart and Heads or Tales!! I have been r ... (read more)

Report this review (#32957) | Posted by | Saturday, September 25, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "Network"