NETWORK

1. On The Air (6:25)
2. Keep It Reel (4:18)
3. I'm Back (5:01)
4. If I Were You (3:48)
5. Outside Looking In (4:13)
6. Don't Look Now (5:05)
7. Live At Five (5:15)
8. Back Where We Started (4:16)
9. Believe (4:56)
10. Don't Make A Sound (6:18)

Search SAGA Network lyrics

Search SAGA Network tabs

- Michael Sadler / vocals, keyboards
- Ian Crichton / guitars
- Jim Crichton / bass, keyboards
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards, vocals
- Christian Simpson / drums

CD Steamhammer/SPV #727361122126

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Network Music

The Human ConditionThe Human Condition
Inside Out Music 2009
Silent KnightSilent Knight
Imports 1994
The RPWL Experience Special Edition CD Xtra Trk PROG Jadis Pallas Pendragon Saga US $14.99 [0 bids]
41m 23s
Large Professor - 'Bout That Time / LiveGuy Saga 2000 Matador hip hop 12" US $3.00 [0 bids]
44m 53s
Nina Simone ?- Saga of the Good Life & Hard Times Audio CD Jazz Funk Soul Blues US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h
ROGER The Saga Continues. 1-23975 LP i1220 US $4.99 [0 bids]
1h
GYPSY QUEEN - s/t SAGA LEE AARON DORO LITA FORD US $6.50 [3 bids]
Saga - Heads or Tails - Vinyl LP US $4.95 [0 bids]
The Saga Continues, P. Diddy, Very Good Explicit Lyrics US $3.92 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Saga Images At Twilight 8 Track Vinyl LP US $13.85 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Panorama Saga - Panorama Saga-Tribute To Jit Samaroo [CD New] US $14.61 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Saga (3) - In Transit LP US $10.51 Buy It Now 1h 40m
ALMIGHTY RSO rare rap Benzino Revenge Uv Da Badd Boyz hip hop CD-single Saga 2 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
VISION FIELDS - s/t MEAT LOAF SCORPIONS SAGA BONFIRE US $5.03 [2 bids]
VISION FIELDS - Voices MEAT LOAF SCORPIONS SAGA BONFIRE US $3.99 [1 bids]
Alexander Gibson-Scottish Nat Orch/Sibelius Symphonies 3 & 7/Saga STXID 5284/M-* US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Boise Piano Trio/Beethoven Archduke Trio/Saga STXID 5226/MINT-* US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Art Tatum HIS RAREST SOLOS Saga 6915 British import Near Mint US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 9m
"Boston Pops / Williams, John Music From The Star Wars Saga CD" US $6.66 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Afilia Saga East Whitism With DVD Japan MUSIC CD NEW US $47.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
The Twilight Saga Eclipse Original Soundtrack Music Album OST CD Brand New US $21.83 Buy It Now 4h 8m
NEW Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 (OST) - Various US $14.51 Buy It Now 6h 4m
SEGOVIA & DOHLING Play Bach WOOD Plays Handel 1967 SAGA US $15.11 Buy It Now 8h 57m
ANDRE NAVARRA, JEANNE-MARIE DARRE - CHOPIN piano & cello duos SAGA LP US $54.00 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Memphis Slim - Memphis, Saga ERO-8000 Ex Condition Vinyl LP US $15.11 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Lightnin Hopkins with Earl Palmer Drums, Jimmy Bond Bass, Saga ERO-8001 Nr Mint US $38.64 Buy It Now 9h 43m
DVD Earthsea - Die Saga von Erdsee [SE] [Import allemand] US $24.20 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Various Artists - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt.2 [CD New] US $14.86 Buy It Now 9h 58m
TURNTABLIST Super Duck Breaks ...The Saga Begins LP SIP US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Kaoru Kurihara's "Giun Saga" Image album 32CC-1004 1986 Japan Used CD No Obi OOP US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 47m
BURWELL, CARTER - THE TWILIGHT SAGA MOVIES - NEW CD BOXSET US $20.84 Buy It Now 11h 23m
ANDREAS HALL,N - ANDREAS HALL,N: GUSTAF WASAS SAGA - NEW CD US $12.45 Buy It Now 11h 41m
BRITISH COMPOSERS ELGAR CD - SCENES FROM THE SAGA OF KING OLAF US $33.60 Buy It Now 11h 41m
RUSS SAINTY ~"The Genius Of LENNON & McCARTNEY"~UK Saga Mono LP 1966~SOC1035 US $25.20 Buy It Now 11h 59m
SAGA - 20/20 NEW CD US $19.28 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Quincy Jones Roots The Saga of An American Family Soundtrack Plus Poster Wolper US $1.99 [0 bids]
Saga(Vinyl LP)World's Apart-Polydor-2374 179-UK-Ex/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Donizetti Don Pasquale LP Saga XIG8001 We grade the vinyl 1st and the sleeve (if US $16.81 Buy It Now 14h 14m
The Fourside Saga 2LP Buzz BUZZ5 We grade the vinyl 1st and the sleeve (if appli US $21.85 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Purcell/Humfrey/Butterworh(Vinyl LP)A Recital Of English Songs-Saga-Ex/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Vaughan Williams(Vinyl LP)Songs Of Travel-Saga-VG/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Rossini(Vinyl LP)Quartets For Flute/Clarinet/Basson And Horn-Saga-Ex/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Offenbach(Vinyl LP)Tales Of Hoffemann-Saga-VG/Ex US $12.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
William Byrd(Vinyl LP)Mass In Five Parts-Saga-VG/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Mozart(Vinyl LP)Horn/Oboe/Flute Quartets-Saga-VG/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Schubert(Vinyl LP)Best Loved Songs-Saga-Ex/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Twilight Saga: Eclipse [Deluxe] [Digipak] by Various Artists (CD, Jun-2010,... US $9.99 [0 bids]
Alan Loveday Two Favourite Beethoven Sonatas LP Saga XID5316 93823 EX/EX 1969 US $24.37 [0 bids]
Various OST(Vinyl LP)The Maid Of The Mountains-Saga-ERO 8115-UK-Ex/Ex US $15.11 Buy It Now 14h 42m
P. Diddy & The Bad Boy Family - The Saga Continues [EXPLICIT] (Very Good) US $1.49 Buy It Now 14h 45m
Saga/Behaviour/1985 Portrait LP/EX:EX- US $10.07 Buy It Now 14h 47m
ROGER TROUTMAN the saga continues LP Sealed 1-23975 Vinyl 1984 Record US $20.00 Buy It Now 15h 34m
ICED EARTH Dark Saga power metal CD Rare 1st Press Spawn killer fold out booklet US $16.00 Buy It Now 15h 57m
Saga,Heads Or Tails,LP US $6.71 Buy It Now 16h 3m
Saga,Saga,Canadian Pressing,LP US $5.87 Buy It Now 16h 3m
NEW SEALED CD The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Original Soundtrack CD US $6.99 [1 bids]
SAGA: Worlds Apart LP (inner sleeve) Rock & Pop US $10.00 Buy It Now 17h 2m
MAZARATI THE SAGA OF A MAN MOTOWN PROMO 12" SINGLE US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 25m
Da Saga Continues by Poppa Doo (CD, Jun-1994, Critique Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
SOUTH SIDE VILLIANS 2 - part two the saga cont... RARE HTF OOP G-FUNK US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse by Various Artists (CD, Jun-2010, Summit Ent/Chop Sh US $9.99 [0 bids]
QUINCY JONES- ROOTS- The Saga of an American Family LP AM SP4626 Poster album US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 45m
Four Great Sopranos Farrar, Destinn, Litvinne, Barrientos New Sealed Saga Rec. US $9.95 [0 bids]
Saga - Wildest Dreams (1987 Sealed LP w/Stkr) US $8.00 Buy It Now 19h
BETTY REILLY Caught In The Act '57 RKO MONO "Saga Of Elvis Presley" NM- RARE US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 15m
The Saga Continues Clean Edited by Diddy Music CD 2005 P Diddy & Bad Boy Family US $1.95 [0 bids]
Fives Company Ballad Of Fred The Pixie LP Saga STFID215 US $34.46 Buy It Now 20h 18m
MASADA - THE MUSICAL SAGA (new box set w/2 CDs from Israel) US $11.99 Buy It Now 20h 25m
Glue Works G sta Berlings Saga CD US $12.17 Buy It Now 20h 27m
EDDIE CONDON on stage LP 8 track (saga6916) french saga 1973 US $8.39 Buy It Now 20h 34m
LEAD BELLY - BLUES & FOLK SINGER, Out Of Print 24-Track Saga CD Import US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 40m
ROD McKUEN "SINGS FOLK" HARD TO FIND 1964 SAGA RECS LP EXC/NM US $3.34 [0 bids]
Eileen Joyce Plays the Grieg Piano Concerto in A minor opus 16 Saga XID 5027 NM US $8.99 [0 bids]
SAGA What Do I Know b/w Easy Way Out STOCK 45 EX nice wax US $4.92 Buy It Now 21h 28m
THE RASCALS Jungle Walk/Saga of New York 45 RPM 1972 US $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 30m
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1 Original Soundtrack CD US $51.98 Buy It Now 21h 31m
Saga LP - Anthology of Elizabethan Keyboard Musick by Michael Thomas. Pan 6202. US $16.05 Buy It Now 21h 37m
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 Original Soundtrack (BRAND NEW SEALED) US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 57m
CHARLEY CHRISTIAN At Minton's ft THELONIOUS MONK Joe Guy FINTON Clark SAGA'74 UK US $15.95 Buy It Now 22h 3m
SEGOVIA & ROSALYN TURECK: Johann Sebastian Bach SAGA 1967 UK press US $15.95 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Saga In Transit 12" vinyl LP '82 German Import rock US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 7m
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 Original Soundtrack (USED) US $29.97 Buy It Now 22h 15m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon (CD, Oct-2009, Summit En... US $11.53 Buy It Now 23h 20m
FRANCIS BAY ORCHESTRA hits of basie and ellington LP 10 track (eros8012) uk saga US $8.39 Buy It Now 23h 43m
FRANK STAFFORD TRIO variations LP 13 track (eros8139) uk saga 1970 US $8.39 Buy It Now 23h 48m
Sibelius: Violin Concerto / En Saga (2 Versions), Georg Kulenkampff, Very Good US $16.64 Buy It Now 23h 58m
FRENCH CHANSONS french chansons evelyne dorat LP 10 track (soc1039) uk saga 1967 US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
VA THE TWILIGHT SAGA BREAKING DAWN PT 1 SOUNDTRACK NEW CD BRUNO MARS MIA MAESTRO US $23.34 Buy It Now 1 day
MVP X ZERO MASTER VOLUME II JAPAN OBI METAL CD MARK FREE DA VINCI SAGA TUSH NEW US $9.00 [0 bids]
Vintage 1977 Quincy Jones Roots The Saga of an America Family with poster US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
hollywood saga bruton music library lp ex + br0 9 US $11.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Excel Saga CD Golden Best 20 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROKOFIEV RICHTER OISTRAKH (1963) SAGA XID 5160 US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Duke Ellington Immortal Sessions Vol 2 SAGA6926 UK R VG C EX+ (LP-10589) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
saga 5443 EX/EX badini albinoni adagio four seasons LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Weird Al Yankovic Saga Begins Japan CD w/obi AVCZ-95139 US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LOUIS VIRENE: ARTHUR WILLIS Organ Ely Cathedral LP Saga US $11.79 Buy It Now 1 day
HEIN AND OSS songs of the world LP 16 track mono issue (fid2110) us saga 1968 US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA HEADS OR TALES FACTORY SEALED USA CASSETTE TAPE US $10.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga LP - 5409. A Recital of Spanish Songs. Jill Gomez & John Constable. (1975) US $21.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga LP - 5388. A Recital of French Songs. Jill Gomez & John Constable. (1974) US $21.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga LP - XID525. Bach Concerto in D Minor, Munn, Petiot. Con - Henri Montserrat US $17.57 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Network ratings distribution

SAGA Network reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Network from 2004, Saga's I guess finest album in this decade 'till now. I was a little surprised to saw that no collaborator review this album yet. I'm the first and I'm impressed again by a Saga album. The music here is more prog , more uptempo, more edged than previous one Marathon. The boys in the band are with more vein and that is shown in pieces like:On The Air, Keep It Reel, I'm back, the smooth Outside Looking In and Back Where We Started , the rest are also strong. But with all that I don't considered this a masterpiece or close, is just another well produce, well played Saga album. On Network Saga reminds me of their early albums, when they were big, combined very well the pop arrangements with great prog interplays, that made them kinda unique in the early '80's. So this album from 2004 is another example that Saga is not necessarly in top of prog music today, but they keep the flag high and they do what they know best - prog music combined very well with polish pop arrngements. 3 stars for sure for Network.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#192266) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by debrewguy
3 stars In slowly going through their collection ( starting with my own collection , then as budget and availability allows, once more thanks Spin-It used LP section), I find myself using most of the same descriptions for their music. Neo before Neo, modern prog, heavy symphonic leaning, etc ...

So this time, I'll start with a quick summary - this is a very good Saga album. If you're a fan, and you don't have it yet, get it. Apart from a few that are rated under 3 here at PA, Saga has the consistency in putting out quality material that their fans can count on, and in return, makes it clear why this band has been able to build a 30 plus year career in music.

This album has a heavier tone to it, with Ian Crichton's guitar moving more to the fore than others. On the mid-point of Keep it Reel, we even have him giving Eddie Van Halen a reminder primer of what Eddie used to be able to do. And also a good example that supports many a Saga fan's claim to the man being underrated as a musician. Indeed, this album has but two through & through ballads - If I Were You, and Outside Looking In. The rest are typical Saga prog rockers. In a way, the group was putting out heavier music during the new millenium than their countrymen Rush. Was Saga simply reflecting the aspects of its' sound that had become so standard in much of today's Neo & Crossover prog music ? In a way, I wonder if they might garner more respect & attention if they were a new band just starting out with this release ...

Live at Five harks back to Heads Or Tales with the main guitar riff sounding more like some modern metal bands, before Ian Crichton & Jim Gilmour return to glory days' memories of their magical interplay.

Now , as I try to wrap up this rather meandering review, I suggest, I recommend this album to all Saga fans from their glory period. I also believe that fans of Pendragon's Pure, of the later IQ releases and other Neo bands like Arena, would be well advised to search this album, along with other releases and see just how these old fogeys match and sometimes beat the "rookies" at a game that Saga played first. Not the greatest album, but one very satisfying. I'd give it a 3.5, but I can't round it up. So a 3 with a wee bit of guilt for the lowball.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#216056) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 15, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars They're back

Network is (mostly) "just another Saga album", but while in the 80's and 90's a new Saga album could be hit or miss, in the 00's, however, "just another Saga album" always meant another good Saga album. The previous three albums had seen Saga returning to the sound of their early days and on the previous album they completed the 16-part "chapters" song cycle that was started already back in 1978. What to do next? Could they maintain the momentum they had been building up since Full Circle? Would they finally do something different for a change? Well, as I implied already above, they opted for an album in pretty much the same style and quality as the previous three with some slight alterations.

Some Pink Floyd-ish Radio/ TV dialogues open the first song of what seem to be a loosely conceptual album (about television?). Maybe fans of Queensrÿche would enjoy this album more than most other Saga albums? It is a very far cry from the conceptual masterpiece Generation 13, but Network does seem to be slightly heavier, darker and harder-edged compared to the three previous albums - a direction Saga would continue and develop further on powerful albums like 10.000 Days and The Human Condition. Despite these slight changes in sound, the same typical, catchy melodies and often cheesy lyrics that we have come to expect from Saga make up the bulk of this album. Apart from the slightly longer opening and closing numbers, all the songs here are between three and a half and five minutes. There is not much space for instrumental workouts and the songs are rather conventional in structure. Only On The Air stands out as above the rest.

This album is on par with their previous one and a worthy album in its own right. It was another entry in the long series of good albums Saga did in the new millennium, but not the best of these.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#496076) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 03, 2011

4 stars Hmm. This is my 1st review and as I just picked this release up new at the Tower Records liquidation so far I claim its a winner. By this I mean its solid and I am not comparing it to the early Saga releases i.e. Imgaes at Twilight etc. but rather as a solid POST prog rock release. I am a musici ... (read more)

Report this review (#103348) | Posted by betawave31 | Saturday, December 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If you listen to Saga for the first time it's an album that will blow you away. Musicaly one of the best albums in the last years. If you are a die hardfan from the first album, like I am, than you have to think that they are on the way back to being one of the best progbands ever. There are ... (read more)

Report this review (#57025) | Posted by Hét LICHAAM | Saturday, November 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Excellent follow -up to "Marathon", actually better than" Marathon" on a lot of fronts. Not quite as good as "House of Cards " ,but hey that was a masterpiece.So pefection wise somewhere between "House of Cards", & "Full Circle" ,which is a vey nice neighbourhood to be in ! Some very special m ... (read more)

Report this review (#54190) | Posted by nordwind | Tuesday, November 01, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not as bad as I had expected from some of the reviews - the first 4 tracks are spot on, well worth the price of admission alone! I have followed Saga for 2 decades plus ( and the rest!) and Gawd knows they have produced some duffers - Lessons in Throwing Objects anyone?! - but I think this is ... (read more)

Report this review (#37262) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 22, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've followed Saga on and off for 23 years, and am very happy with this album. There might not be any ground-breaking here, but it's great to hear this band sound just like I expect them to. This is a very solid, rocking album with good ballads in the mix. After about 40 plays it still holds u ... (read more)

Report this review (#32965) | Posted by | Saturday, February 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After many years of following "the boys" I can only compare them to an old car. You know, it runs on all cylinders for some time then all of sudden it hic-ups and doesn't run so great...until you bring it in for a tune-up. This amazing band seems to follow a pattern of successful recordings th ... (read more)

Report this review (#32964) | Posted by | Thursday, February 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is up there with the best from SAGA.All is there.Great interactive guitar and keyboard as ever.Michael Sadler is awesome and the new drummer gels well adding a slightly different sound."On the Air" ,"Keep It Reel","Don't Make A Sound" are superb tracks but the standout for me is "I' ... (read more)

Report this review (#32963) | Posted by adrian coleman | Sunday, January 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars We are in the resurgence of the classic one of the Symphonic Progressive Rock of all the times? It is possible. A position of honor deserves this work inside the discografía of Saga, for me it is at a height of famous "In Transit" and also it has the whole essence of the group. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32962) | Posted by | Monday, January 17, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sorry, but this one is no good. Dont believe a word. Go buy the first 4 records and maybe the live dvds.The keys are mixed well back, there is no moog taurus and very little synth bass. Ian is a truly exceptional guitarist but the tone and the abundance of cheesy power chords grate on the ear. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32961) | Posted by | Saturday, December 18, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I don't know what this other reviewer is thinking with only giving Network 2 stars?!? That's quite honestly insane, but I'll respect his opinion. Network has blown me away from my very first listen, it is by far the BEST work they have done since Worlds Apart and Heads or Tales!! I have been r ... (read more)

Report this review (#32957) | Posted by | Saturday, September 25, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "Network"