NETWORK

1. On The Air (6:25)
2. Keep It Reel (4:18)
3. I'm Back (5:01)
4. If I Were You (3:48)
5. Outside Looking In (4:13)
6. Don't Look Now (5:05)
7. Live At Five (5:15)
8. Back Where We Started (4:16)
9. Believe (4:56)
10. Don't Make A Sound (6:18)

Search SAGA Network lyrics

Search SAGA Network tabs

- Michael Sadler / vocals, keyboards
- Ian Crichton / guitars
- Jim Crichton / bass, keyboards
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards, vocals
- Christian Simpson / drums

CD Steamhammer/SPV #727361122126

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Network Music

Imports 1994
CollectionCollection
Imports 2013
Audio CD$17.03 (used)
Saga(Vinyl LP)Behaviour-Polydor-825 840-1-Germany-VG/Ex US $11.84 Buy It Now 1h 32m
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBUM US $18.46 [0 bids]
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $22.47 [0 bids]
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $26.49 [0 bids]
CD SaGa Frontier 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Album LIMITED FIRST PRINT EDITION US $33.71 [0 bids]
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBUM US $21.67 [0 bids]
TWILIGHT SAGA MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE SONG BOOK PIANO SOLOS US $23.45 Buy It Now 2h 15m
TWILIGHT SAGA NEW MOON SONG BOOK EASY PIANO SONGBOOK US $21.53 Buy It Now 2h 33m
TWILIGHT SAGA FOREVER LOVE SONGS FROM TWILIGHT SAGA VARIOUS ARTISTS 2 CD NEW US $23.46 Buy It Now 2h 40m
CHARLIE PARKER volume 5: bird and diz SAGA 6910 near mint disc uk LP PS NM/EX US $28.01 Buy It Now 2h 53m
The Forsyte Saga - Music from the TV Series CD (Universal/Granada 2002 U.K.) US $18.76 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Various(Vinyl LP)Our Best Loved Hymns-Saga-SOC 1057-UK-VG-/VG US $16.93 Buy It Now 3h 22m
WIZARD Cosmic Saga CD SINGLE Green Freak Groovy Morning Rain 6 trks MINT US $5.35 Buy It Now 3h 43m
RK'S/AUSTERITY/JS/ZERO GRAVITY SAGA - Tape Fresser Vol 1 - hand-numbered 12" US $19.47 Buy It Now 3h 44m
POPPA DOO - "DA SAGA CONTINUES" (BRAND NEW & SEALED) US $5.49 Buy It Now 4h
HUGH E. PORTER & HIS GOSPEL SINGERS Spirituals SAGA RECORDS VINYL LP US $15.23 Buy It Now 4h 14m
SERGIO & ODAIR ASSAD "Saga Dos Migrantes" (CD 1996) Piazzolla ***GREAT SHAPE*** US $8.88 Buy It Now 4h 31m
The Artistry of Zabaleta Nicanor Zabaleta Harp Vinyl Album Saga 1968 US $1.68 [0 bids]
TREAT HER RIGHT - TIED TO THE TRACKS 1989 AOR/HR saga asia gtr orion the hunter US $7.92 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Clipse - Re-Up Gang - The Saga Continues (2008) NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.78 Buy It Now 4h 38m
THE SCORE TWILIGHT SAGA ECLIPSE SONG BOOK PIANO SOLOS SLASHED US $23.45 Buy It Now 4h 41m
BEETHOVEN VIOLIN C LP LOVEDAY SAGA XID 5025 NM- ENGLAND US $5.07 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Twilight Saga Original First Movie Soundtrack CD Case Jewel Case + Poster *NO CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
TOO SHORT - FREAKY TALES (THE SAGA CONTINUES) PT. 2 EX/VG++ rare PROMO!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Robert Still Symphony No 3 in C LSO Eugene Goossens 1966 Saga Stereo XID 5256 US $16.95 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Twilight Saga: Eclipse [Deluxe] [Digipak] by Various Artists (CD, Jun-2010,... US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - 20/20 - NEW CD - RARE !!! SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
SAGA Heads Or Tails 1983 PORTRAIT CLASSIC ROCK AOR LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Robotech - Macross Saga - Vol. 3 [DVD] US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 53m
SAGA 'On The Loose' 1982 German PROMO-ONLY 7"/45 vinyl single US $11.84 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Colin Wilke, Shirley Hart & Katie Lucy(Vinyl LP)Songs Of Mother Ireland-Saga-SOC US $13.54 Buy It Now 7h 27m
ROSTROPOVICH - SAINT-SAENS cello concerto PROKOFIEV cello sonata SAGA LP EX+ US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 28m
RICHTER, BORODIN QUARTET - BRAHMS piano quintet SAGA UK LP EX US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Saga XID 5202 Stereo LP NM - Christopher Wood: Handel Suites for Harpsichord US $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 44m
JOHN WILLIAMS Conducting the STAR WARS SAGA Music Boston Pops Orchestra US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
SAGA IMAGES AT TWILIGHT 1979 GERMANY POLYDOR VINYL LP* NM VINYL EX SLEEVE ITEM US $13.47 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Various - First Esquire Concert Vol 1 - Saga - 6922 - Stereo (LP) US $11.84 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Bertone : Music of the Star Wars Saga CD (2000) US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
Various - Second Esquire Concert Vol 1 - Saga - 6924 - Stereo (LP) US $11.84 Buy It Now 9h 42m
CENOTAPH SAGA BELICA OZ PRODS. MORTUARY SHUB NIGGURATH SARCOFAGO HELLHAMMER DEAD US $7.99 [0 bids]
FRENCH HARP MUSIC Ravel/Debussy/Saint-Saens/Faure SAGA RECORDS VINYL LP XID 5240 US $15.23 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Verdi - La Traviata - Virginia Zeani, Giuseppe Savio - Saga - XID5175 (LP) US $5.07 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Verdi - Nabucco - Rossi Lemeni, Lawrence Winters - Saga- XID5173 (LP) US $3.37 Buy It Now 10h 5m
THE TWILIGHT SAGA BREAKING DAWN PART 1 SOUNDTRACK SEALED CD NEW 2011 US $6.88 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Beethoven: Pianoforte Sonata No 29 Hammerklavier- Louis Kentner XID 5238 Saga LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 5m
Britten: Phantasy Quartet- Galimir String Quartet- Gomberg XID 5259 Saga LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 7m
SAGA "ON THE LOOSE" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 11h 13m
CARL NIELSEN - SYMPHONY NO. 5 OP. 50 - SAGA-DROM OP. 39 - NPO, JASCHA HORENSTEIN US $18.00 Buy It Now 11h 30m
SAGA 5311 *UK* KOGAN - ROSTROPOVICH - GILELS - HAYDN PIANO TRIOS US $75.00 Buy It Now 11h 30m
VARIOUS ARTISTS (IMPORT) - TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON (IMPORT) NEW CD US $21.68 Buy It Now 11h 33m
MEZZOFORTE- THE SAGA SO FAR VINYL ALBUM US $3.37 Buy It Now 11h 44m
P Diddy : P Diddy & Bad Boy Family: Saga Continues CD (2001) US $4.34 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Puff Daddy : The Saga Continues CD (2005) US $3.25 Buy It Now 11h 59m
GUC Roger Troutman "The Saga Continues" LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 12h 12m
VILLA & GANT vs SAGA - Wind Him Up - 12" US $16.25 Buy It Now 12h 39m
SALVATORE ACCARDO-Lalo:Symphonie Espagnole-SAGA UK US $40.00 Buy It Now 12h 42m
RAY CHARLES "Blues Is My Middle Name" UK Saga 1967 US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-2009, Summit... US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Sibelius: Symphony No. 5, En Saga by Sibelius, Ashkenazy, Philharmonia Orchestr US $4.18 Buy It Now 12h 49m
BERNARD HERRMANNS WESTERN SAGA LP CERBERUS, Excellent (EX), Film Score US $10.00 [0 bids]
Pop Promo 45 LINCOLN MAYORGA Theme From Forsyte Saga on Dunhill ABC (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Livia Rev Chopin's Best Loved Works Fidelity-Saga Fdy-1903 Stereo US $9.95 [0 bids]
SAGA XID 5166 CHOPIN complete works for 'cello ANDRE NAVARRA 1963 UK MONO LP US $33.89 Buy It Now 13h 24m
Saga VERY BEST OF 15 Track Collection WIND HIM UP On The Loose NEW SEALED CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 13h 25m
Jah Mason "Princess Gone The Saga Bed" LP TEST PRESSING VP 2006 Mint US $15.99 Buy It Now 13h 28m
Bruno Bertone Orchestra Music of the Star Wars Saga, Vol. 1 CD US $3.97 Buy It Now 14h 12m
And the Saga Begins by Righteous - rock CD US $2.49 Buy It Now 14h 26m
Schubert Octet in F Fine Arts Quartet New York Woodwind Quintet LP M- Saga 5125 US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Ian Crishton Band - Welcome To The Boom Boom Room CD 1995 Koch Saga US $89.00 Buy It Now 14h 31m
SAGA/STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE Japan Promo Only NM 12" THE FLYER/ HEROES US $49.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-2009, Summit) NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 47m
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 2 [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]... US $11.21 Buy It Now 15h 56m
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1 by Various Artists, Original... US $9.62 Buy It Now 15h 56m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG Immortal Sessions Vol.2 (1972, 12" Vinyl LP, Saga, 6904) SEALED US $49.99 Buy It Now 15h 59m
Roger: The Saga Continues... 1984 Warner Bros 23975-1 SEALED Soul LP Record US $24.99 Buy It Now 16h
GRIMETHORPE COLLIERY BAND Festival Band Series Vol. 3 LP Saga 8147 UK Pressing US $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 31m
JELLY ROLL MORTON "The Saga Of Mr. Jelly Lord volume 5" JOKER LP SM 3554 VG+/ EX US $3.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists Song Wars: The Saga Begins CD US $4.24 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Saga: In Transit LP VG++ Canada Maze ML8006 US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 34m
LP QUINCY JONES ROOTS THE SAGA OF AN AMERICAN FAMILY AMLH 64626 EX/EX US $16.93 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Psidream Featuring Hadley Poole / J-Cut- Inner Strength / Saga 12" US $10.59 Buy It Now 17h 56m
The Boys- The Saga Continues... -Cassette SEALED US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Da Saga Continues by Poppa Doo (CD, Jun-1994, Critique Records) US $2.99 [0 bids]
1977 QUINCY JONES "ROOTS" THE SAGA OF AN AMERICAN FAMILY SOUNDTRACK 12" RECORD US $1.59 Buy It Now 19h 27m
When Folk Meets Rock: The Saga Of A Sound Compilation Limited Edition CD US $8.79 Buy It Now 19h 31m
SAGA, WORLDS APART, Vinyl, LP, ARR 38246 US $0.97 [0 bids]
VERDI La Traviata STEINKOPF LP SAGA FID-2104 CEBOTARI ROSWAENGE SCHLUSNUS VG+ US $11.00 Buy It Now 20h 24m
COUNT BASIE With Illinois Jacquet LP SAGA 6932 UK 1975 JAZZ NM US $12.00 Buy It Now 20h 26m
GEORGE LEWIS & his Orchestra - Live Concert - 1973 Saga 6921 (England) - SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 49m
the SAGA OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA LP RECORD MINT SEALED LP VINYL 78 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Lionfire, D.S. Jerusalem a Symphonic Saga CD US $4.03 Buy It Now 23h 29m
Professor X -- Saga 12" CALI -- ELECTRO __1989 TECHNO KUT Vinyl US $17.99 [0 bids]
Erich Riede - Beethoven 5th Symphony Egmont Overture SAGA STXID 5006 lp EX US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE SCORE TWILIGHT SAGA ECLIPSE SONG BOOK PIANO SOLOS SLASHED US $23.46 Buy It Now 1 day
TWILIGHT SAGA NEW MOON SONG BOOK EASY PIANO SONGBOOK US $21.54 Buy It Now 1 day
TWILIGHT SAGA MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE SONG BOOK PIANO SOLOS US $23.46 Buy It Now 1 day
The Saga Continues [Clean] [Edited] by Diddy (CD, May-2 US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Turntablist - Super Duck Breaks- Saga [CD New] US $12.47 Buy It Now 1 day
(ship worldwide) SAGA - SAGA CITY CD 2014 ALBUM (brand new) US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Network ratings distribution

SAGA Network reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Network from 2004, Saga's I guess finest album in this decade 'till now. I was a little surprised to saw that no collaborator review this album yet. I'm the first and I'm impressed again by a Saga album. The music here is more prog , more uptempo, more edged than previous one Marathon. The boys in the band are with more vein and that is shown in pieces like:On The Air, Keep It Reel, I'm back, the smooth Outside Looking In and Back Where We Started , the rest are also strong. But with all that I don't considered this a masterpiece or close, is just another well produce, well played Saga album. On Network Saga reminds me of their early albums, when they were big, combined very well the pop arrangements with great prog interplays, that made them kinda unique in the early '80's. So this album from 2004 is another example that Saga is not necessarly in top of prog music today, but they keep the flag high and they do what they know best - prog music combined very well with polish pop arrngements. 3 stars for sure for Network.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#192266) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by debrewguy
3 stars In slowly going through their collection ( starting with my own collection , then as budget and availability allows, once more thanks Spin-It used LP section), I find myself using most of the same descriptions for their music. Neo before Neo, modern prog, heavy symphonic leaning, etc ...

So this time, I'll start with a quick summary - this is a very good Saga album. If you're a fan, and you don't have it yet, get it. Apart from a few that are rated under 3 here at PA, Saga has the consistency in putting out quality material that their fans can count on, and in return, makes it clear why this band has been able to build a 30 plus year career in music.

This album has a heavier tone to it, with Ian Crichton's guitar moving more to the fore than others. On the mid-point of Keep it Reel, we even have him giving Eddie Van Halen a reminder primer of what Eddie used to be able to do. And also a good example that supports many a Saga fan's claim to the man being underrated as a musician. Indeed, this album has but two through & through ballads - If I Were You, and Outside Looking In. The rest are typical Saga prog rockers. In a way, the group was putting out heavier music during the new millenium than their countrymen Rush. Was Saga simply reflecting the aspects of its' sound that had become so standard in much of today's Neo & Crossover prog music ? In a way, I wonder if they might garner more respect & attention if they were a new band just starting out with this release ...

Live at Five harks back to Heads Or Tales with the main guitar riff sounding more like some modern metal bands, before Ian Crichton & Jim Gilmour return to glory days' memories of their magical interplay.

Now , as I try to wrap up this rather meandering review, I suggest, I recommend this album to all Saga fans from their glory period. I also believe that fans of Pendragon's Pure, of the later IQ releases and other Neo bands like Arena, would be well advised to search this album, along with other releases and see just how these old fogeys match and sometimes beat the "rookies" at a game that Saga played first. Not the greatest album, but one very satisfying. I'd give it a 3.5, but I can't round it up. So a 3 with a wee bit of guilt for the lowball.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#216056) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 15, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars They're back

Network is (mostly) "just another Saga album", but while in the 80's and 90's a new Saga album could be hit or miss, in the 00's, however, "just another Saga album" always meant another good Saga album. The previous three albums had seen Saga returning to the sound of their early days and on the previous album they completed the 16-part "chapters" song cycle that was started already back in 1978. What to do next? Could they maintain the momentum they had been building up since Full Circle? Would they finally do something different for a change? Well, as I implied already above, they opted for an album in pretty much the same style and quality as the previous three with some slight alterations.

Some Pink Floyd-ish Radio/ TV dialogues open the first song of what seem to be a loosely conceptual album (about television?). Maybe fans of Queensrÿche would enjoy this album more than most other Saga albums? It is a very far cry from the conceptual masterpiece Generation 13, but Network does seem to be slightly heavier, darker and harder-edged compared to the three previous albums - a direction Saga would continue and develop further on powerful albums like 10.000 Days and The Human Condition. Despite these slight changes in sound, the same typical, catchy melodies and often cheesy lyrics that we have come to expect from Saga make up the bulk of this album. Apart from the slightly longer opening and closing numbers, all the songs here are between three and a half and five minutes. There is not much space for instrumental workouts and the songs are rather conventional in structure. Only On The Air stands out as above the rest.

This album is on par with their previous one and a worthy album in its own right. It was another entry in the long series of good albums Saga did in the new millennium, but not the best of these.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#496076) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 03, 2011

4 stars Hmm. This is my 1st review and as I just picked this release up new at the Tower Records liquidation so far I claim its a winner. By this I mean its solid and I am not comparing it to the early Saga releases i.e. Imgaes at Twilight etc. but rather as a solid POST prog rock release. I am a musici ... (read more)

Report this review (#103348) | Posted by betawave31 | Saturday, December 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If you listen to Saga for the first time it's an album that will blow you away. Musicaly one of the best albums in the last years. If you are a die hardfan from the first album, like I am, than you have to think that they are on the way back to being one of the best progbands ever. There are ... (read more)

Report this review (#57025) | Posted by Hét LICHAAM | Saturday, November 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Excellent follow -up to "Marathon", actually better than" Marathon" on a lot of fronts. Not quite as good as "House of Cards " ,but hey that was a masterpiece.So pefection wise somewhere between "House of Cards", & "Full Circle" ,which is a vey nice neighbourhood to be in ! Some very special m ... (read more)

Report this review (#54190) | Posted by nordwind | Tuesday, November 01, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not as bad as I had expected from some of the reviews - the first 4 tracks are spot on, well worth the price of admission alone! I have followed Saga for 2 decades plus ( and the rest!) and Gawd knows they have produced some duffers - Lessons in Throwing Objects anyone?! - but I think this is ... (read more)

Report this review (#37262) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 22, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've followed Saga on and off for 23 years, and am very happy with this album. There might not be any ground-breaking here, but it's great to hear this band sound just like I expect them to. This is a very solid, rocking album with good ballads in the mix. After about 40 plays it still holds u ... (read more)

Report this review (#32965) | Posted by | Saturday, February 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After many years of following "the boys" I can only compare them to an old car. You know, it runs on all cylinders for some time then all of sudden it hic-ups and doesn't run so great...until you bring it in for a tune-up. This amazing band seems to follow a pattern of successful recordings th ... (read more)

Report this review (#32964) | Posted by | Thursday, February 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is up there with the best from SAGA.All is there.Great interactive guitar and keyboard as ever.Michael Sadler is awesome and the new drummer gels well adding a slightly different sound."On the Air" ,"Keep It Reel","Don't Make A Sound" are superb tracks but the standout for me is "I' ... (read more)

Report this review (#32963) | Posted by adrian coleman | Sunday, January 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars We are in the resurgence of the classic one of the Symphonic Progressive Rock of all the times? It is possible. A position of honor deserves this work inside the discografía of Saga, for me it is at a height of famous "In Transit" and also it has the whole essence of the group. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32962) | Posted by | Monday, January 17, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sorry, but this one is no good. Dont believe a word. Go buy the first 4 records and maybe the live dvds.The keys are mixed well back, there is no moog taurus and very little synth bass. Ian is a truly exceptional guitarist but the tone and the abundance of cheesy power chords grate on the ear. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32961) | Posted by | Saturday, December 18, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I don't know what this other reviewer is thinking with only giving Network 2 stars?!? That's quite honestly insane, but I'll respect his opinion. Network has blown me away from my very first listen, it is by far the BEST work they have done since Worlds Apart and Heads or Tales!! I have been r ... (read more)

Report this review (#32957) | Posted by | Saturday, September 25, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "Network"