NETWORK

1. On The Air (6:25)
2. Keep It Reel (4:18)
3. I'm Back (5:01)
4. If I Were You (3:48)
5. Outside Looking In (4:13)
6. Don't Look Now (5:05)
7. Live At Five (5:15)
8. Back Where We Started (4:16)
9. Believe (4:56)
10. Don't Make A Sound (6:18)

Search SAGA Network lyrics

Search SAGA Network tabs

- Michael Sadler / vocals, keyboards
- Ian Crichton / guitars
- Jim Crichton / bass, keyboards
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards, vocals
- Christian Simpson / drums

CD Steamhammer/SPV #727361122126

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Network Music

Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
House of CardsHouse of Cards
Import · Limited Edition
Imports 2001
SANDY DENNY & JOHNNY SILVO ~VERY RARE SAGA UK FOLK LP 1967 ~ FAIRPORT CONVENTION US $165.84 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THOMAS RANJA PLAYS STRAVINSKY COMPLETE PIANO MUSIC UK SAGA PSY 30006 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Ca Bine Saga Letort Original Album (CD 1994) RARE Japan US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
PHENOMENA Awakening + 1 CD Primal Fear House Of Lords Riot Saga Seventh Key US $24.50 Buy It Now 2h 46m
BARTOK String Quartets 1 & 2 - SAGA 5203 - LP RECORD US $8.40 Buy It Now 2h 57m
SAGA Images At Twilight LP Rush Asia Triumph Helix US $14.10 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Elizabethan & Restoration Vocal Music Orig SAGA 1964 LP US $5.84 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Chopin - Liszt Recital by Lev Pouishnoff Saga - XID 5013 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
saga LP:PACESETTERS-reggae meets pop (hear) US $33.15 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Various OST(Vinyl LP)No No Nanette-Saga-ERO 811-US-VG+/VG US $18.23 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Mazarati The Saga Of A Man Us 12" 3 mixes US $15.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
The Saga Continues, P. Diddy & the Bad Boy Family CD R&B & Soul #03 US $1.49 Buy It Now 5h 32m
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBUM US $17.74 [0 bids]
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $21.48 [0 bids]
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy & The Bad Boy Family US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
SAGA STXID 5296 *LOVEDAY* PLAYS *GRIEG VIOLIN SONATAS* CASSINI* NM US $6.62 Buy It Now 6h 9m
SAGA What Do I Know b/w Easy Way Out STOCK 45 EX nice wax US $4.72 [0 bids]
Magnat - The Saga (Remixes) - Qube - 2002 #77196 US $4.96 Buy It Now 6h 34m
CHARLIE PARKER - Saga 6910 (U.K.) - Vol. 5...Bird and Diz - SEALED JAZZ LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Joan Baez(Vinyl LP)The Best Of-Saga-EROS 8075-UK-VG/VG- US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Mendelssohn - String Quartets . Fine Arts Quartet Saga STXID 5146 lp EX US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Iced Earth / The Dark Saga JAPAN *J US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Saga - Worlds Apart Asian LP LMSP-016 US $35.00 Buy It Now 7h 29m
J. Sibelius - Sym 5(Orig.)/Sym 5/En Saga [CD New] US $16.46 Buy It Now 7h 32m
TITUS TURNER "GET DOWN OFF THE TRAIN c/w SAGA OF PETE LATIMORE" LISTEN! US $18.23 Buy It Now 7h 36m
SARGENT CONDUCTS SIBELIUS - EN SAGA ETC (HMV ASD 541) UK 1963 STEREO LP EX US $8.28 Buy It Now 8h 6m
JOHN MCCABE PIANO MUSIC BY ERIK SATIE GERMAN SAGA 5387 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 15m
THE RIGHTEOUS - And The Saga Begins CD (2000 TKO) PUNK - NEW, SEALED US $0.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m
THIN LIZZY THE CONTINUING SAGA OF THE AGEING ORPHANS decca -2Y Lp nr MINT US $29.83 Buy It Now 8h 38m
DIZZY GILLESPIE/IMMORTAL SESSIONS UK SAGA6920 US $48.50 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Roger Milla - Saga Africa CD OOP Cameroonian Footballer US $80.91 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Saga - Saga City [Vinyl New] US $35.60 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Various Artists - Twilight Saga: Eclipse Original Moti [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 9h 28m
City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestr - Music From The Twilight Saga [CD N US $13.51 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Sibelius - Luonnotar, En Saga, Oceanides - Paavo Berglund - HMV - ESD7159 (LP) US $6.62 Buy It Now 9h 52m
SAGA ?- Wildest Dreams unique Hungariy issue LP orange GONG label US $32.00 Buy It Now 10h 2m
SAGA - Heads Or Tales -1983 Rock LP US $8.50 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Saga Silent Knight Vinyl LP Maze Records ML-8003 Original Canada US $8.75 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Saga SELF-TITLED SAGA LP -1978 Polydor RECORDS CANADA VINYL RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
TURNTABLIST - Super Duck Breaks... The Saga Begins - LP US $31.26 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Rob Moratti - Victory (2011) HARD ROCK AOR NEW SEALED ( ex saga) US $4.13 [1 bids]
Saga "In Transit" Vinyl LP 1982 Made in Germany US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 59m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon-Original Soundtrack-2009 Summit US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Saga Continues... by Boys (1992) (Audio Cassette ) US $8.91 Buy It Now 11h 16m
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE / SOUNDTRACK - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $29.23 Buy It Now 11h 29m
NOS SAGA.....WIND HIM UP US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 38m
Otto Nicolai The Merry Wives of Windsor Radio Berlin Symphony 1968 SAGA FID 2137 US $13.27 Buy It Now 11h 52m
Excellent Copy - 1981 FC 38246 - Saga - Worlds Apart - Masterdisk US $18.50 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Janos Starker, Bogin: Brahms: Cello sonatas no. 1, 2. 1964 UK Saga XID 5164 ed1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
12h
KATCH 22 it's soft rock & all sorts it's katch 22 1968 UK SAGA LP + INSERT PSYCH US $49.75 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Saga of the Good Life and Hard Times by Nina Simone (CD, Jan-1997, RCA) US $2.00 [1 bids]
A&M-4626 JONES, QUINCY Roots: The Saga Of An Americ OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 12h 56m
QUINCY JONES - SOUL SAGA (SONG OF THE BUFFALO SOLDIER) 7" VINYL US $9.93 Buy It Now 13h 2m
VERDI Nabucco Nicola Rossi-Lemeni Vinyl LP SAGA XID5173 US $14.91 Buy It Now 13h 5m
BRUNNING SUNFLOWER BLUES BAND Trackside Blues LP Saga 8132 Psych Blues Rock 1969 US $49.75 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Saga Take A Chance 7" US $7.88 Buy It Now 13h 15m
American Top 40 2-26-83 Saga Adam Ant Men At Work Barry Manilow Frida Stray Cats US $39.99 [1 bids]
SAGA Worlds Apart PORTRAIT LP '82 OG Pop Rock Progressive Rock Ian US $2.99 [0 bids]
14h
? EPIDEMIA Elven Manuscript: Saga For All Time +1 CDM 2746/D DIGIBOOK ARIA US $15.20 Buy It Now 14h 25m
ENRICO CARUSO A Historic Recording Vinyl LP SAGA FIDELITY FID2063 1963 US $14.91 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Rock Promo 45 Saga - On The Loose / On The Loose On Portrain US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Lot of 9 LPs of Synthpop - Icehouse, Spliff,Ultravox,Saga, A-Ha, Fra Lippo Lippi US $69.00 [0 bids]
Twilight Saga: Eclipse [Deluxe] [Digipak] (CD, Jun-2010, Summit Ent/Chop... US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 3m
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse CD Soundtrack US $16.99 Buy It Now 15h 22m
New Finnish Symphony Orch,CD,Sibelius: Karelia Overture & Suite / En Saga / Swan US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Leaves' Eyes / Vinland Saga JAPAN+2 2CD Theatre of Tragedy Sirenia Atrocity B US $34.99 Buy It Now 15h 38m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-2009, Summit... US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE TWILIGHT SAGA ECLIPSE SOUNDTRACK SEALED CD NEW US $5.62 Buy It Now 16h 2m
Elizabethan & Restoration Vocal Music 1964 Saga NM! US $10.95 Buy It Now 16h 39m
The Maid of the Mountains - SAGA Records - ERO 8115 - LP US $7.33 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Handel: Messiah-An Oratorio in 3 Parts Jackson & LPO/UK Saga 3LSet XID 5111/3 NM US $12.75 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Charlie Parker - Volume 2 Cool bluesw Immortal Sessions/Saga 33 LP ALBUM US $5.00 [0 bids]
Saga I'm Goin Up Lighthouse records 4695 US $2.97 Buy It Now 17h 20m
Saga Worlds Apart LP EX 1981 USA AL 38246 Pics US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 23m
THE SAGA CONTINUES... - ROGER (CASSETTE) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 37m
ANDRES SEGOVIA/ ROSALYN TURECK Play J.S.Bach LP Saga STXID 5248 stereo UK Press US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 46m
England1959 Tchaikovsky Symphony 5 George Hurst/Hamburg Pro Musica XID5046 SAGA US $14.99 [0 bids]
Poppa Doo "Da Saga Continues" CD 1994 Critique Records CD with 10 Songs US $3.33 [0 bids]
Louis Armstrong Saga by Louis Armstrong (Jazz CD,1972) NEW US $29.99 [0 bids]
Song Wars M8 Distribution Saga Begins Album Christian Rock US $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 3m
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1 [The Score] by Carter Burwell (CD,... US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 27m
LEAVES' EYES vinland saga cd US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 27m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - S/T - 1978 Canadian Vinyl Lp. w/ Lyric sleeve/ Prog. Hard. Rock AOR US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Sporty-T - Da Saga Continues * 1996 * KLC * T-Bone * Insane * Mike Dog * OOP US $40.00 Buy It Now 20h 3m
SAGA - Images at Twilight - 1979 Canadian Vinyl Lp. w/ Lyrics/ Prog. Hard Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 4m
J¢N LEIFS - J¢N LEIFS: SAGA SYMPHONY - NEW CD US $18.83 Buy It Now 20h 25m
SAGA Heads Or Tales (1993 U.S. 9 Track CD w/8 Panel Foldout Insert) US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 27m
SAGA Defining Moments (Vol. One) (U.S. 15 Track CD) US $50.01 Buy It Now 20h 28m
SAGA Worlds Apart (1990 U.S. 9 Track CD w/8 Page Booklet) US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 28m
SAGA worlds apart Lp RECORD 1982 US $9.75 Buy It Now 20h 30m
Poeta Magica - Saga CD Pop Int'L & World Music US $18.56 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Saga - 20:20 Arg CD Pop Rock US $21.59 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Gosta Berlings Saga - Glue Works CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Saga CD Pop Rap & Hip-Hop US $15.13 Buy It Now 20h 32m
Lb Muzac - Love & Life: The Saga CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 20h 36m
Entre Rios - Catalogo Saga Intervenciones Arg CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Annie and the Natural Wonder Band - The Swingin' Saga of Safari Bob US $7.00 Buy It Now 20h 45m
Clinton Oie - Agnes Green Saga US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 3m
Sunshine & Bergey - Saga US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 7m

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Network ratings distribution

SAGA Network reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Network from 2004, Saga's I guess finest album in this decade 'till now. I was a little surprised to saw that no collaborator review this album yet. I'm the first and I'm impressed again by a Saga album. The music here is more prog , more uptempo, more edged than previous one Marathon. The boys in the band are with more vein and that is shown in pieces like:On The Air, Keep It Reel, I'm back, the smooth Outside Looking In and Back Where We Started , the rest are also strong. But with all that I don't considered this a masterpiece or close, is just another well produce, well played Saga album. On Network Saga reminds me of their early albums, when they were big, combined very well the pop arrangements with great prog interplays, that made them kinda unique in the early '80's. So this album from 2004 is another example that Saga is not necessarly in top of prog music today, but they keep the flag high and they do what they know best - prog music combined very well with polish pop arrngements. 3 stars for sure for Network.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#192266) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by debrewguy
3 stars In slowly going through their collection ( starting with my own collection , then as budget and availability allows, once more thanks Spin-It used LP section), I find myself using most of the same descriptions for their music. Neo before Neo, modern prog, heavy symphonic leaning, etc ...

So this time, I'll start with a quick summary - this is a very good Saga album. If you're a fan, and you don't have it yet, get it. Apart from a few that are rated under 3 here at PA, Saga has the consistency in putting out quality material that their fans can count on, and in return, makes it clear why this band has been able to build a 30 plus year career in music.

This album has a heavier tone to it, with Ian Crichton's guitar moving more to the fore than others. On the mid-point of Keep it Reel, we even have him giving Eddie Van Halen a reminder primer of what Eddie used to be able to do. And also a good example that supports many a Saga fan's claim to the man being underrated as a musician. Indeed, this album has but two through & through ballads - If I Were You, and Outside Looking In. The rest are typical Saga prog rockers. In a way, the group was putting out heavier music during the new millenium than their countrymen Rush. Was Saga simply reflecting the aspects of its' sound that had become so standard in much of today's Neo & Crossover prog music ? In a way, I wonder if they might garner more respect & attention if they were a new band just starting out with this release ...

Live at Five harks back to Heads Or Tales with the main guitar riff sounding more like some modern metal bands, before Ian Crichton & Jim Gilmour return to glory days' memories of their magical interplay.

Now , as I try to wrap up this rather meandering review, I suggest, I recommend this album to all Saga fans from their glory period. I also believe that fans of Pendragon's Pure, of the later IQ releases and other Neo bands like Arena, would be well advised to search this album, along with other releases and see just how these old fogeys match and sometimes beat the "rookies" at a game that Saga played first. Not the greatest album, but one very satisfying. I'd give it a 3.5, but I can't round it up. So a 3 with a wee bit of guilt for the lowball.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#216056) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 15, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars They're back

Network is (mostly) "just another Saga album", but while in the 80's and 90's a new Saga album could be hit or miss, in the 00's, however, "just another Saga album" always meant another good Saga album. The previous three albums had seen Saga returning to the sound of their early days and on the previous album they completed the 16-part "chapters" song cycle that was started already back in 1978. What to do next? Could they maintain the momentum they had been building up since Full Circle? Would they finally do something different for a change? Well, as I implied already above, they opted for an album in pretty much the same style and quality as the previous three with some slight alterations.

Some Pink Floyd-ish Radio/ TV dialogues open the first song of what seem to be a loosely conceptual album (about television?). Maybe fans of Queensrÿche would enjoy this album more than most other Saga albums? It is a very far cry from the conceptual masterpiece Generation 13, but Network does seem to be slightly heavier, darker and harder-edged compared to the three previous albums - a direction Saga would continue and develop further on powerful albums like 10.000 Days and The Human Condition. Despite these slight changes in sound, the same typical, catchy melodies and often cheesy lyrics that we have come to expect from Saga make up the bulk of this album. Apart from the slightly longer opening and closing numbers, all the songs here are between three and a half and five minutes. There is not much space for instrumental workouts and the songs are rather conventional in structure. Only On The Air stands out as above the rest.

This album is on par with their previous one and a worthy album in its own right. It was another entry in the long series of good albums Saga did in the new millennium, but not the best of these.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#496076) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 03, 2011

4 stars Hmm. This is my 1st review and as I just picked this release up new at the Tower Records liquidation so far I claim its a winner. By this I mean its solid and I am not comparing it to the early Saga releases i.e. Imgaes at Twilight etc. but rather as a solid POST prog rock release. I am a musici ... (read more)

Report this review (#103348) | Posted by betawave31 | Saturday, December 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If you listen to Saga for the first time it's an album that will blow you away. Musicaly one of the best albums in the last years. If you are a die hardfan from the first album, like I am, than you have to think that they are on the way back to being one of the best progbands ever. There are ... (read more)

Report this review (#57025) | Posted by Hét LICHAAM | Saturday, November 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Excellent follow -up to "Marathon", actually better than" Marathon" on a lot of fronts. Not quite as good as "House of Cards " ,but hey that was a masterpiece.So pefection wise somewhere between "House of Cards", & "Full Circle" ,which is a vey nice neighbourhood to be in ! Some very special m ... (read more)

Report this review (#54190) | Posted by nordwind | Tuesday, November 01, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not as bad as I had expected from some of the reviews - the first 4 tracks are spot on, well worth the price of admission alone! I have followed Saga for 2 decades plus ( and the rest!) and Gawd knows they have produced some duffers - Lessons in Throwing Objects anyone?! - but I think this is ... (read more)

Report this review (#37262) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 22, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've followed Saga on and off for 23 years, and am very happy with this album. There might not be any ground-breaking here, but it's great to hear this band sound just like I expect them to. This is a very solid, rocking album with good ballads in the mix. After about 40 plays it still holds u ... (read more)

Report this review (#32965) | Posted by | Saturday, February 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After many years of following "the boys" I can only compare them to an old car. You know, it runs on all cylinders for some time then all of sudden it hic-ups and doesn't run so great...until you bring it in for a tune-up. This amazing band seems to follow a pattern of successful recordings th ... (read more)

Report this review (#32964) | Posted by | Thursday, February 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is up there with the best from SAGA.All is there.Great interactive guitar and keyboard as ever.Michael Sadler is awesome and the new drummer gels well adding a slightly different sound."On the Air" ,"Keep It Reel","Don't Make A Sound" are superb tracks but the standout for me is "I' ... (read more)

Report this review (#32963) | Posted by adrian coleman | Sunday, January 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars We are in the resurgence of the classic one of the Symphonic Progressive Rock of all the times? It is possible. A position of honor deserves this work inside the discografía of Saga, for me it is at a height of famous "In Transit" and also it has the whole essence of the group. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32962) | Posted by | Monday, January 17, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Sorry, but this one is no good. Dont believe a word. Go buy the first 4 records and maybe the live dvds.The keys are mixed well back, there is no moog taurus and very little synth bass. Ian is a truly exceptional guitarist but the tone and the abundance of cheesy power chords grate on the ear. ... (read more)

Report this review (#32961) | Posted by | Saturday, December 18, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I don't know what this other reviewer is thinking with only giving Network 2 stars?!? That's quite honestly insane, but I'll respect his opinion. Network has blown me away from my very first listen, it is by far the BEST work they have done since Worlds Apart and Heads or Tales!! I have been r ... (read more)

Report this review (#32957) | Posted by | Saturday, September 25, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "Network"