PARDON OUR FRENCH

RIO/Avant-Prog

French TV Pardon Our French album cover

Buy FRENCH TV Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Everything Works in Mexico (11:56)
2. Sekala Dan Niskala (6:20)
3. Pardon Our French (Medley) (16:59)
... 1. La Bataille Du Sucre (ANGE) / 2. Tired Answers (PULSAR) / 3. Laocksetal (SHYLOCK) / 4. Publiphobie (CARPE DIEM) / 5. Laocksetal (SHYLOCK) / 6. Tunnel Pt. 2 (ATOLL) / 7. Publiphobie (CARPE DIEM) / 8. Yvett's Blouse (ETRON FOU LELOUBAN)
4. Tears of a Velvet Clown (13:17)
5. When the Ruff Tuff Creampufss Take Over (11:41)

Search FRENCH TV Pardon Our French lyrics

Search FRENCH TV Pardon Our French tabs

- Chris Smith / electric, banjo, acoustic and classical guitars, viola, cello, mandolin & electric violin
- Mike Sary / bass
- Warren Dale / keyboards, accordian, piano, marimba, samples, flutes, recorders, harmonica, tuba, saxes, bass clarinet & melodica
- Jeff Gard / drums & percussion

- Natalie Nichole Gilbert / lead vocals [3]
- Steven Dale / trumpet, piccolo & flugelhorn [1, 4]
- Denise Gilbert / spoken vocals [3]

CD Pretentious Dinosaur Records

FRENCH TV MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRENCH TV Pardon Our French Music

Virtue In FutilityVirtue In Futility
The Case Against ArtThe Case Against Art
This Is What We DoThis Is What We Do
I Forgive You For All My UnhappinessI Forgive You For All My Unhappiness
Pretentious Dinosaur Records
Live - Yoo-Hoo !!!Live - Yoo-Hoo !!!
French TVFrench TV
after a lengthy silence LPafter a lengthy silence LP
Y
Vinyl$17.49
Pardon Our French !Pardon Our French !
JEAN CLAUDE PETIT STARS 7" French TV OST 1981 Mint US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NORRIE PARAMOR LE ROCHER AUX MOUETTES EP French TV OST US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ALBATOR "CORSAIRE DE L'ESPACE" FRENCH TV SOUNDTRACK 1979 7' US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
French TV - Pardon Our French CD prog RIO Zappa Brand X Ange CARPE DIEM rare US $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VLADIMIR COSMA OST CHATEAUVALLON LP French TV 1985 US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
L'AMOUR EN HERITAGE SEALED LP - French TV Soundtrack US $30.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DEMIS ROUSSOS LE JEUNE FABRE 7" French TV 1973 NMint US $11.99 Buy It Now 14 days
CHARLES AZNAVOUR GARVARENTZ LA LUMIERE DES JUSTES 80S FRENCH TV SERIES LP SEALED US $22.69 Buy It Now 15 days
French TV - 5 cd After a Lengthy Silence Yoo-Hoo Virtue in Futility Mike Sary US $69.90 Buy It Now 17 days
PASSE PARTOUT Volume 4 LP Quebec Children's French TV Show 1982 VG+/VG US $14.35 Buy It Now 18 days
AU JARDIN DE PIERROT LP Quebec French TV Show Kids Children Album Canada PANTIN US $17.09 Buy It Now 19 days
VLADIMIR COSMA LA CHAMBRE DES DAMES 7" French TV 1983 US $11.99 Buy It Now 19 days
French TV Themes,SEALED CD,Les Enfants De La Tele: Les Meilleurs Generiques De L US $9.99 Buy It Now 20 days
RICHARD GREGOIRE Shehaweh French TV Series Soundtrack (CD 1992) FREE SHIPPING US $14.85 Buy It Now 20 days
FRENCH TV After A Lengthy Silence PRO 287 Sealed Original Vinyl LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 23 days
GONG - CONTINENTAL CIRCUS 71 MOVIE S/T + FRENCH TV DAEVID ALLEN GILLI SMYTH CD US $21.95 Buy It Now 24 days
Gong - French Tv 1971-1973 US $25.22 Buy It Now 25 days
LES SATELLIPOPETTES S'Amusent LP 1984 Quebec French TV Show Music Rare VG+/NM US $19.95 Buy It Now 26 days
CHARLES AZNAVOUR GARVARENTZ LA LUMIERE DES JUSTES FRENCH TV FILM LP SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy FRENCH TV music online Buy FRENCH TV & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRENCH TV DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRENCH TV Pardon Our French ratings distribution

FRENCH TV Pardon Our French reviews

Review by diddy
4 stars FRENCH TV, a very underrated american band. Quite odd since they provide the more 'bearable' kind of RIO/Avant prog mixed with some jazz/fusion elements. Furthermore their style also includes a lot of classical prog elements besides obvious influences of Zappa shining through every now and then; something that makes them stand out from other RIO bands. Something I have to give credit for is that they respectively take the positive aspects of every genre and leave out the chlichés, what remains is pure vitality and delight in playing.

In 2004 main composer Mike Sary brought up the big guns again, Pardon our French advanced to one of my favorite albums of it's genre. True to the motto Everything works in Mexico the first song mixes spanish/mexican rythms and melodies with stunning violin solos and Sary's overwhelming bass work. After a mellow break with some quite piano runs the sharp violin and keyboard appear again, leading over to a spanish acoustic guitar part accompanied by the violin. Sekala Dan Niskala offers asian rythms and melodies in the first half, turns rather melancholic, but not for long, it actually turns to a pretty weird song. Fripp like guitar and hand-clapping in the end, nice. Now it is time for something special. With their Pardon Our French Medley FRENCH TV created an own composition by covering some french prog bands. CARPE DIEM, ATOLL, PULSAR, ETRON FOU LELOUBAN, ANGE & SHYLOCK (I don't know all of them) are the ones to suffer for a great, independent appearing longtrack. Mike Sary really contrives to wrap those tunes up to the typical FRENCH TV sound. Anyway, this track is definitely more classical prog than RIO. Tears of a Velvet Clown abducts us to an amusement park, flute, trompet and tuba, blitheful melodies...now accordion & marimba, welcome to the circus...then applause & laughter in the background and the roller coaster ride begins. Very humorous before the music is about to change to a rather melancholic prevailing mood. Comparing the first half of the song to it's second may give an account of the song title. A weird song with an odd atmosphere, but definitely my favorite song on this album. When the Ruff Tuff Creampufss Take Over, unfortunately the last song, features a great, very deep bassline in the beginning. Altogether very slow in tempo but definitely not less in it's looniness and humor. Some improvised jazz parts are adumbrated but they are bridled and never really break out. Instead, the song gets wilder in the end and Mike Sary really pushes the envelope regarding his bass playing. A mind-blowing finish.

FRENCH TV proved again that they're a band to reckon on. If you're not familiar with RIO/Avant Prog, or have poor relations to the genre you should check out this album. It can perfectly introduce you to the genre and simultaneously be very revealing. It's engrained in the genre but mingles it with various other influences. The band takes each impact with a pinch of salt and adds a lot of humor, disguised and obvious. It may also meet with the approval of Zappa fans. But for all that I still think that Pardon our French definitely is an excellent addition to ANY prog music collection.

Strongly recommended !!!

Send comments to diddy (BETA) | Report this review (#37246) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 22, 2005

4 stars Pardon Our French is the title of French TV's eight album. After a long time, they decided to do covers again (they already had a cover of a Van Der Graaf Generator song before) and show that the name French TV is well deserved. Namely, they chose to do covers of only French artists - Ange, Pulsa ... (read more)

Report this review (#204311) | Posted by maribor1 | Wednesday, February 25, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRENCH TV "Pardon Our French"