KESTREL

Buy KESTREL Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. The Acrobat (6:45)
2. Wind Cloud (4:41)
3. I Believe In You (4:10)
4. Last Request (4:50)
5. In The War (7:32)
6. Take It Away (4:11)
7. Ene Of The Affair (4:51)
8. August Carol (7:18)

Engineered by John Rallo
Recorded at Essex Music Studios in London
Produced by John Worth for Noeland Porductions
Sleeve design by Arty Types

and to alberprog for the last updates

KESTREL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KESTREL Kestrel Music

KestrelKestrel
Import · Remastered
Jvc Japan 2001
= Kestrel A Dog Called Theodore CD near mint! US $2.32 Buy It Now 1 day
KATE KESTREL AND THE TERRAHAWKS sos 7" b/w it#s so easy (hx1020) sticker mark on US $8.15 Buy It Now 5 days
Kestrel - S/T JAPAN MINI LP CD prog rock US $19.99 [0 bids]
KATE KESTREL & TERRAHAWKS - SOS (TV SERIES THEME) 7" VINYL RARE GERRY ANDERSON US $24.47 Buy It Now 7 days
Saturnine - American Kestrel (CD, Oct-1999, Motorcoat Records) NEW SEALED US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KESTREL-S/T-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD BONUS DISC Ji50 US $45.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BASTARD KESTREL, OH SPLENDID MUSHROOM, LP. US $9.79 Buy It Now 8 days
Stahly Bartok Debussy - Appalacian Ste/Kestrel/Peruvia CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Saturnine : American Kestrel CD (2000) US $5.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Stahly/Bartok/Debussy - Appalacian Ste/Kestrel/Peruvia [CD New] US $13.72 Buy It Now 9 days
KESTREL-S/T-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD BONUS DISC Ji50 zd US $53.99 Buy It Now 9 days
B@ST@RD KESTREL raserai WIIIJIT 2 wiiija records uk LP PS EX/EX near mint disc US $14.68 Buy It Now 10 days
CD BIRDSONG BIRDS OF PREY BUZZARD KESTREL OWL ROOK ETC US $8.15 Buy It Now 12 days
Various Artists : The Kestrel Paced Around the Sun CD (2010) US $13.47 Buy It Now 13 days
BASTARD KESTREL / OH SPLENDID MUSHROOM LP UK 1989 NOISE/THRASH/PUNK ROCK VINYL US $4.88 Buy It Now 14 days
BAST*RD KESTREL stench 7" 3 track white label with handwritten info b/w 2 a US $8.15 Buy It Now 15 days
BAST*RD KESTREL stench 7" 3 track white label with handwritten info b/w 2 and 3 US $8.15 Buy It Now 15 days
KESTREL - KESTREL - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $65.78 Buy It Now 20 days
KESTREL - KESTREL [BONUS TRACK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $53.10 Buy It Now 21 days
Kestrel CD US $56.11 Buy It Now 22 days
Lie To Me A Compilation of Guitar Use and Abuse CD NEW Killdozer Bastard Kestrel US $33.95 Buy It Now 23 days
Kestrel - Kestrel New & Sealed SHM-CD Free Shipping US $59.25 Buy It Now 23 days

More places to buy KESTREL music online Buy KESTREL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KESTREL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KESTREL Kestrel ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(22%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

KESTREL Kestrel reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
4 stars Cheers for bright British pop-progressive rock!

Pleasant, very pleasant. Whenever I heard this album, I have such a feeling. Let me say the KESTRELl's one and only work be a toy box with full of British-sound toys. The box can take us listeners deeply at first hearing the beginning. The Acrobat is exactly like a garden with plenty of sound-flower. The song has an interesting and attractive mixture of pop voice and rigid bass plus stiff drum sounds. But you know it has no difficulty. It may say let's enjoy itself, I always feel. :-) The key essence or point of this album is, I think, hard and rigid bass sound. The hardness and loudness can remind me Chris Squire...Fenwick would be influenced by Chris, wouldn't he? Of course, in this pop album are lots of songs not progressive but pop and catchy.

There are fans who want their technique and skill, and who want their kindness and comfort. I consider both are okay for KESTREL. Let's enjoy!

P.S. In Japan, we call British pop music as 'Brit pop' and I'm afraid the British hate this word 'Brit'...is it right?

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#211423) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 16, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Let me repeat Keishiro-san's words, this is really pleasant. In a symphonic (but not necessarily Symphonic Prog) way. It's also Pop Prog, sadly for some, but only minor nuisance for me. Fortunately, songs are longer than is usual in pop and their structure is also more complex (and the band got here also because of Prog elements - like in final track August Carol [keyboards]). Vintage is nice word to describe this music, as it truly is. 1975 was in the name of audience slowly turning away from Prog (just first signs only, nothing big) and so I'm quite surprised that this album was (and is) so overlooked. It's not that difficult to approach, even though it still has a lot to offer.

4(-), I found that this simplistic way isn't exactly my liking, but on the other hand, there are things that I have to (and want to) appreciate. Today it's called - vintage, back then - who knows.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#287843) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Kestrel is an obscure progressive rock act with one album released in their short career. Selftitled from 1975 , this album is a good one in every way, because it reminds me of the great prog rock bands from mid'70's. To me this album is a combination between heavy prog arrangements and some art rock parts, very well composed with some memorable parts. I have the japan CD version and the sound is crystal clear, evey instrument is where it belogs creating some excellent passages full of intristing keybords and great guitar chops. The vocalis Tom Knowles is very ok, warm voice and fits perfectly in the mood of the album. What I like most are the keybords parts, there are some fantastic passages like on In The War, both on great intro of the piece and the last min of it, great atmospheric and grandious keybords, excellent. Also the heavy prog sections are very well performed, where the duel guitar-keyboards are awesome, tight and intristing in same time. Another highlight is Take It Away , a piece full of joy and positive mood, what a great tune. Well, to end the review , it was a very pleasent audition, from me desearve 4 stars, not quite a masterpiece, but worth own it. In places they remind me of belgian prog rock band Womega.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#612579) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Review by Warthur
4 stars One album wonders Kestrel's sole album is an intriguing mixture of progressive and art rock on the one hand and some broader commercial influences on the other - I hear, for instance, a few strains of soft rock and soul here and there through the proceedings. The outcome is not unpleasant - quite the opposite, in fact - and I'm reminded in particular of Pavlov's Dog, not necessarily in sound but in the sense that both produce accessible prog flavoured art rock which isn't too pretentious to get sentimental from time to time. Unfortunately, I suspect the album came out a little too late to get the reception it deserves - had it come out alongside Supertramp's Crime of the Century it might have given that album a run for its money.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#1058156) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 11, 2013

5 stars I argue with Raleks. Think about this album as it can be REALLY forgotten minor classic. I was very surprised when heard it first time. 'Oh! The beginning is nice... Ops... But... What is it?..' The lead vocal is fantastic. Look, we've heard all these monsters (and I think no one can reach the ... (read more)

Report this review (#208400) | Posted by seam | Monday, March 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars OK, are you familiar with the guys who get wild about an album you must hear!! and go like this is the best unknown piece of music you haven't got the chance to hear etc... then you listen to the music and..nothing! you just don't understand what was all the noise about - I'm sure you experience ... (read more)

Report this review (#200434) | Posted by ShaiBerger | Saturday, January 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars And I give 5 stars (really 4.5) to this album despite the fact of this is NOT a masterpiece in compare with best albums of Yes, Genesis, JT and other monsters. But. This's REALLY "forgotten minor classic" (review from vintageprog.com). And masterpiece for me. :p This album is very good example ... (read more)

Report this review (#135959) | Posted by raleks | Monday, September 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I was suprised by how good this album was. However, I had the album explained to me by its producer, John worsely (or Johnny Worth, real nice guy), who helped me realise the tremendous musicianship and songwriting capabilities of this group. The sound derives from many bands from Gentle Giant ... (read more)

Report this review (#33082) | Posted by | Tuesday, March 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KESTREL "Kestrel"