LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012
Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]
Verglas Music
The Cure live concert at Sheffield Arena 13th December 1996 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 34m 51s
The Cure live concert at Cardiff Arena 9th of December 1996 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 42m 26s
Lionel Richie : Encore: Live at Wembley Arena CD (2004)***NEW*** USD $11.11 Buy It Now 3h 10m
DURAN DURAN "ARENA" SWAV-12374 LIVE CONCERTS 1984 12" GATEFOLD LP W/ Lyrics USD $1.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Poison Let it Play Live @Globe Arena in Stockholm Sweden Vinyl LP Record 1990 USD $3.25 [7 bids]
STYX - Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas (2015 CD - NEW SEALED) USD $9.44 [4 bids]
KISS - 16 - 2010 LIVE CONCERT PHOTOGRAPH PRINTS - NEWCASTLE ARENA - GENE SIMMONS USD $12.47 [0 bids]
KISS - Live At Bercy Arena, Paris, France, 2008 CD X2 Limited Edition Rare USD $6.54 [2 bids]
Pearl Jam Live Arena Di Verona, Verona, Italy Official Bootleg #19 2 CD Set USD $12.99 [0 bids]
23h
Queen live concert Sheffield Arena 27th of February 2015 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 22 23 24 April 1991 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB DYLAN-NEWCASTLE TELEWEST ARENA LIVE 19/09/00 DOUBLE CD USD $7.80 [0 bids]
KATIE MELUA - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA - 0802987014922 USD $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at Saitama Super Arena Halford CD USD $20.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum live at Birmingham NEC Arena16th of December 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Pearl Jam - Live: 20-6-00 Arena - Verona, Italy ~ NEW 2-CD Set (2000, 2 Discs) USD $43.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Russell Peters: The Green Card Tour - Live from the O2 Arena (Blu-ray New) USD $20.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Melua,Katie - Live At The 02 Arena (CD New) USD $11.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Nannini,Gianna - Io E Te Arena Live (CD New) USD $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Life Without You: Live At The Nichols Arena, Denver, Co - Novembe. 0889397950095 USD $12.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Ama E Cambia Il Mondo-Live At Arena Di Verona - 2 DISC SET - Rome (2014, CD New) USD $27.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Live At Winterland Arena In San Francisco Ca-April - Quicksilv (2013, Vinyl New) USD $26.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Life Without You: Live At The Nichols Arena, Denver, Co - Novembe. 0889397940096 USD $19.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Russell Peters: The Green Card Tour - Live from the O2 Arena (2011, DVD New) USD $18.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena Reset (Australia) (Feat Reset All & You Set Fire To My Life) CD - New USD $10.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Kiss "Ego's At Stake" LIVE At Wembley Arena LP 1st Press 1980 Alive NM- USD $13.50 [11 bids]
AC/DC live concert Wembley Arena London 16th January 1986 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
AC/DC live concert Wembley Arena London 17th January 1986 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Russell Peters: The Green Card Tour - Live from the O2 Arena DVD Region 1, NTSC USD $18.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Quicksilver Messenger Service - Live At Winterland Arena In San Fran [Vinyl New] USD $22.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Katie Melua - Live At The 02 Arena [CD New] USD $11.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Gianna Nannini - Io E Te Arena Live [CD New] USD $9.21 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN Live P.N.W. March 14, 1977 Seattle Arena Vinyl LP Ruthless Rhymes ODD-3 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STYX - LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS - NEW CD ALBUM USD $18.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes live concert St John's Arena Columbus Ohio 30 July 1977 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA PICTURE DISC LP VERY RARE! 0012 USD $99.97 Buy It Now 2 days
BON JOVI LIVE photos from o2 Arena concert 24/6/2007 USD $1.56 [2 bids]
DURAN DURAN "Arena" Capitol 12374 Near Mint Vinyl LP Live Insert Rock Electronic USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie live concert Sheffield Arena 3rd December 1995 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie live concert Sheffield Arena 4th December 1995 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie live concert Sheffield Arena 3 4 December 1995 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert at Birmingham NEC Arena 25th of May 1992 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert at Sheffield Arena 18th of May 1992 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Ronan Keating - Live 2013 (02 Arena, London) NEW 2 x CD USD $17.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert at Birmingham NEC Arena 26th of May 1992 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert at Wembley Arena London 21st of May 1992 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (2 CD,DIGIBOOK,LIMITED) 2 CD NEW+ USD $29.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Halford - Live At Saitama Super Arena NEW CD USD $16.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Ama E Cambia Il Mondo-Live At Arena Di Verona - Romeo & Giul (CD Used Very Good) USD $22.89 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA 2 CD NEW+ USD $26.87 Buy It Now 2 days
The Who - Press Cutting of Tour Ad Greatest Hits Live Tour MEN Arena Mounted USD $6.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 27th September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 26th September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Cleveland Cavaliers Greatest Hits CD *SEALED* Cavs Arena Songs Live Calls etc USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kiss live concert Wembley Arena London 24th September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Kiss live concert Wembley Arena London 25th September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes live concert at Birmingham NEC Arena 25th of June 1991 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes live concerts Wembley Arena London 28th 29th June 1991 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes live concert at Wembley Arena London 28th of June 1991 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes live concert at Wembley Arena London 29th of June 1991 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 3 days
KATIE MELUA - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA CD NEW+ USD $15.53 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES "FIVE NIGHTS IN A JUDO ARENA" LP LIVE IN JAPAN 1966 JOHN LENNON ETC USD $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DURAN duran ARENA live concert CD + 2 BONUS tracks RIO girls on film WILD BOYS USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DURAN DURAN "ARENA LIVE" CD NEW+ USD $15.53 Buy It Now 3 days
Bad Company - Live At Wembley Arena (CD New) USD $16.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Bad Company - Live At Wembley Arena [CD New] USD $14.69 Buy It Now 3 days
8 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by 38 SPECIAL caught up in you ROCK ARENA new tape USD $4.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Luna Live by Luna (Vinyl, Jul-2005, Arena Rock (USA)) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Courteeners Live At MEN Arena 2010 DVD USD $8.58 [3 bids]
Live at Wembley Arena 0602537716067, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $48.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Live at Wembley Arena Audio CD USD $26.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At Arena Zagreb USD $30.02 Buy It Now 4 days
UB40 - Live - Recorded Live at the London O2 Arena, London. December 12, 2009 USD $14.07 [0 bids]
Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas - Styx CD used Tommy Shaw USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE X FACTOR LIVE & S CLUB 7 2015 UK Tour/Concert Flyer Sheffield Arena Britain USD $1.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Life Without You: Live At The Nichols Arena, Denv NEW LP USD $26.65 Buy It Now 4 days
PEARL JAM LIVE 16-6-00 Spodek Arena - Katowice, Poland (2000) 2 Discs E VEDDER USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at the O2 Arena Audio CD USD $15.23 Buy It Now 4 days
UB40: Live - London O2 Arena 12.12.2009 2 CD Set 2012 4Worlds USA FWUS006CD NEW USD $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Rush live concert at the O2 Arena London 25th May of 2011 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Rush live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 21st May 2011 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Rush live concert Motorpoint Arena Sheffield 16th May 2011 A4 size poster print USD $23.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Gianna Nannini - Io E Te Arena Live CD USD $20.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Katie Melua - Live At The 02 Arena CD USD $24.39 Buy It Now 5 days
Bad Company - Live At Wembley Arena CD USD $19.39 Buy It Now 5 days
Ub40 - Live At The London O2 Arena CD UMGD/4WORLDS MEDIA USD $19.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Take That - Back For Good Mix + Live Beatles Tribute Wembley Arena IMPORT CD USD $4.54 Buy It Now 5 days
CD TINA ARENA RESET New & Sealed You Set Fire To My Life / Love You Less USD $10.98 Buy It Now 5 days
AFI - I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena (Interscope) CD NEW SEALED USD $3.49 Buy It Now 5 days
ABBA LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA PROMO 2XCD USD $67.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Live At Wembley Arena - Bad Company (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.69 Buy It Now 5 days
DEPECHE MODE Live at Antic Arena, Nimes, in FRANCE 17.07.2013 * Delta Machine USD $26.90 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "