LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
$19.12

JAM, The - NEW Live At Wembley Arena 2nd December 1982 - Vinyl (2xLP) USD $46.12 Buy It Now
BABYMETAL THE ONE Limited ver. LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA 2016 USD $299.98 Buy It Now
Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities - Alter Bridge 840588109951 (CD Used Like New) USD $23.46 Buy It Now
The War Of The Worlds : Live At O2 Arena A5 promo tour Flyer Jason Donovan USD $1.30 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA - PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION SEALED! USD $74.99 Buy It Now
Japan SS MINI-LP 2CD Deep Purple-Live In California Long Beach Arena 1976 USD $49.00 Buy It Now
ABBA- LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA- 10/11/1979 - 2 CD- JAPANESE IMPORT- NEW/SEALED USD $31.61 [0 bids]
Mega Rare Duran Duran '85 Arena Live On Tour Singapore Cassette CS1158 USD $24.99 Buy It Now
Duran Duran 1984 Arena Live Recording G/F EMI UK 12" ELP1487 USD $19.99 Buy It Now
STEPS:"PARTY ON THE DANCEFLOOR - LIVE FROM LONDON SSE ARENA WEMBLEY":2xCD:NEW USD $9.22 [0 bids]
Paul McCartney - Out There Live At Judo Arena 2CD USD $23.00 Buy It Now
Tina Arena Live for the one I love Soda club mixes promo USD $2.62 [0 bids]
Alter Bridge - Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities [New CD] UK - Import USD $25.46 Buy It Now
Rainbow-GIBOSHI/Top Of The Judo Arena 44/200 6CD BOX SET LIVE TARANTURA USD $295.99 [0 bids]
USD $388.00 Buy It Now
AC/DC:HELL'S BELLES:LIVE AT THE REUNION ARENA,DALLAS,TEXAS 1985~STORMBIRD CD-NEW USD $5.26 [0 bids]
4m 30s
Alter Bridge - Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities [New CD] UK - Import USD $24.27 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Luna Live by Luna (CD, Oct-2005, Arena Rock (USA)) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Bad Company Live In The UK - 11th April 2010, Wembley Arena 2 x LP Back On Black USD $19.75 Buy It Now 3h 2m
DURAN DURAN *VG+* "ARENA" 1984 US CAPITOL LIVE CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
PEARL JAM Live Official Bootleg Praha Czech Republic 6/14/2000 Paegas Arena CD USD $37.60 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Bad Company - Live at Wembley Arena [New CD] USD $17.22 Buy It Now 8h 14m
THE SCRIPT Live in Concert "Freedom Child" 2018 UK Arena Tour Promo flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 32m
THE WANTED Live in Concert Spring UK Arena Tour 2012 RARE Promo tour flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 34m
ELBOW/Guy Garvey Live in Concert 2014 UK Arena Tour Promotional tour flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Katie Melua - 2008: Live at the O2 Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $9.81 Buy It Now 10h
Katie Melua - 2008: Live at the O2 Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $10.59 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Bad Company - Live at Wembley Arena [New CD] USD $16.50 Buy It Now 10h 22m
TINA ARENA Symphony of Life RARE AUS 4trk CD Single USD $9.55 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Pink Floyd Live Docklands Arena 4/7/89 2 Lp's Promotional Use Promo England USD $59.99 Buy It Now 15h
ALTER BRIDGE - Live At The O2 Arena & Rarities - Vinyl (4xLP box set) USD $53.36 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Amy MacDonald Love Love UK and European Arena Tour Live 2010 CD Boxset USD $39.53 [0 bids]
Mkiv: Live At Long Beach Arena 1976 (Remastered/Booklet) USD $31.41 Buy It Now 16h 57m
2 CD's ROLLING STONES - Welcome Back Mick !! - Live at San Jose Arena 1999 USD $21.00 [0 bids]
Blur The Best Of Taiwan 2-CD w/OBI+Promo 16-P+Live At Wembley Arena Hits NEW USD $29.99 Buy It Now 18h 32m
Alter Bridge-Live At The O2 Arena & Rarities CD NEW USD $44.09 Buy It Now 19h 55m
MADNESS Live in Concert "Can't Touch Us Now" UK Arena Tour 2016 Promo flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 20h 35m
Jeff Lynne's ELO Live in Concert 2018 UK Arena tour Promotional tour flyers x 2 USD $2.31 Buy It Now 20h 36m
BLINK-182 - UK CONCERT LIVE TOUR FLYER JUNE 2012 - NEWCASTLE METRO RADIO ARENA USD $1.30 [0 bids]
UB40: Live - London O2 Arena 12.12.2009 2 CD Set 2012 4Worlds USA FWUS006CD NEW USD $10.95 Buy It Now 23h
CD Double: ABBA : Live At Wembley Arena 1979 : 2 CD BOOK EX/EX [T10] USD $32.93 Buy It Now 23h 25m
Katie Melua-Live at the O2 Arena (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Halford-Live at Saitama Super Arena (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.43 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Double: ABBA : Live At Wembley Arena 1979 : 2 CDs USD $40.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium-Live At The O2 Arena London-12/21 (CD Used Like New) USD $10.62 Buy It Now 1 day
BABYMETAL Live At Wembley 2016 CD album NEW/SEALED SSE Arena USD $9.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Take That - Back For Good Mix + Live Beatles Tribute Wembley Arena IMPORT CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA LIVE-The Onstage Collection CD & DVD REGION 0 PAL NEW USD $16.87 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA - LIVE FOR THE ONE I LOVE, Cardboard Sleeve. USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Zeljko Samardzic Live Collection Beogradska Arena 2008 USD $12.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Live At the Orleans Arena Las Vegas - BLU-RAY Region 1 Free Shipping! USD $21.37 Buy It Now 1 day
2 Cellos CD / DVD Live At Arena Pula **EL NUEVO* NOW SHIPPING ! USD $15.25 Buy It Now 1 day
THE VAMPS Live at London 02 Arena EP - Damaged Case USD $5.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas - Styx (2016, CD New) USD $15.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Styx - Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas [CD New] USD $14.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Good Charlotte - Bootlegs (Live / 12 tracks / 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore 10/ USD $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN DURAN ARENA LIVE AROUND THE WORLD CASSETTE TAPE SPANISH EDITION 1984 EMI USD $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA" LP PIC DISC LTD ED SEALED IMAGE DISC 79 USA USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP DURAN DURAN Arena (Live) Gatefold SWAV-12374 w/POSTER/INNER CANADA 1984 NRMT USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AFI - I Heard A Voice - Live From Long Beach Arena - CD - Live - **SEALED/ NEW** USD $48.49 Buy It Now 2 days
AFI - I Heard A Voice - Live From Long Beach Arena - CD - Live - **Excellent** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
BEYONCE - 2007 TOUR FLYER - GENUINE RARE LIVE CONCERT ARENA MUSIC SHOW PROMO USD $7.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Eric Clapton & Friends CD Live Wembley Arena Brand New CDLight Made In Brazil USD $9.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Jam LIVE Official Bootleg CD #16 Spodek Arena, Katowice, Poland 6/16/00 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA Live Wembley Arena 1979 2 CD SEALED 40th Anniversary K0146 USD $0.01 [1 bids]
DURAN DURAN ARENA SWAV-12374 VINYL LP 1984 RECORDED LIVE PLAYS GREAT! VG+/VG!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ALANIS MORISSETTE - Live, Concert Ticket Stub, Wembley Arena, UK 15-07-1999 USD $17.06 Buy It Now 2 days
FOO FIGHTERS - Live, Concert Ticket Stub, Wembley Arena, UK 22-11-2002 USD $19.70 Buy It Now 2 days
THE OFFSPRING - Live, Concert Ticket Stub, Wembley Arena, UK 21-01-2001 USD $13.11 Buy It Now 2 days
2 CD's RADIOHEAD - Karma In The Arena - Live in Arles - France 2000 - Ganja Rcd USD $27.00 [0 bids]
Steps - Party On The Dancefloor (Live Wembley Arena)(2CD) Sent Sameday* USD $14.82 Buy It Now 2 days
LED ZEPPELIN CELEBRATION DAY RARE 2 CD & 1 DVD 02 ARENA LIVE CONCERT CHEAP!!! USD $0.73 [1 bids]
Metallica - Live Reunion Arena Dallas 5 Feb 89 [CD] USD $16.35 Buy It Now 2 days
ALTER BRIDGE Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities + 2 JAPAN 3CD The Conspirators USD $54.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Steps & Vengaboys live Concert Flyer Motorpoint Arena Cardiff 29 November 2017 USD $1.30 [0 bids]
Katie Melua Live At The O2 Arena & Secret Symphony Special Bonus Edition CDs USD $3.95 [0 bids]
Donny Osmond Soundtrack Of My Life UK Tour 2017 Birmingham Arena Promo Flyer x 3 USD $3.89 Buy It Now 2 days
ROGER WATERS (THE WALL LIVE) TICKET STUBB ACER ARENA SYDNEY 2012 USD $5.26 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE-MKIV: LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976 (REMASTERED/BOOKLET) CD NEW USD $49.53 Buy It Now 2 days
WET WET WET INSTANT LIVE 2004 WEMBLEY ARENA 2 CD ALBUM DIGIPACK POP VERY RARE!! USD $17.12 Buy It Now 2 days
THE JAM "LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA 2nd DECEMBER 1982" 2017 POLYDOR LP STILL SEALED USD $39.51 [0 bids]
THE JAM # SEALED LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA VINYL 2 x LP SET - PAUL WELLER USD $26.34 [0 bids]
BIFFY CLYRO - 2013 TOUR FLYER - RARE LIVE CONCERT MUSIC OPPOSITES ARENA PROMO USD $7.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Jam: Live at Spodek Arena - Katowice, Poland (6/16/2000) (CD - 2 Discs) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE Duran Duran LIVE Arena 12" LP 1984 NEAR MINT vinyl R 140395 RCA CLUB FREE S USD $22.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Dire Straits Live In 85/6 UK tour programme TOUR PROGRAMME ARENA INTERNATIONAL USD $30.90 Buy It Now 3 days
16/6/00 - Spodek Arena, Katowice, Poland, Pearl Jam, Good Live USD $16.31 Buy It Now 3 days
PEARL JAM LIVE CD: FILA FORUM ARENA, MILAN ITALY 22-6-00 2 CDS 29 TRACKS EX+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Hans Zimmer - Live In Prague (Live At The O2 Arena, Prague / 2016) (BLU-RAY ... USD $27.28 Buy It Now 3 days
Hans Zimmer - Live In Prague (Live At The O2 Arena, Prague / 2016) (DVD) USD $22.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Alter Bridge - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities 300 Copies Gold 180g 4 Vinyl LP USD $189.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Alter Bridge - Live at the O2 Arena Rarities 500 Copies 180g 4 Picture Vinyl LP USD $169.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At the Orleans Arena Las Vegas - Styx CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping! USD $18.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Live at Wembley Arena by ABBA (CD, Sep-2014, 2 Discs, Polydor) * NEW * USD $19.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Thunder live in Concert Flyer Friday 24th March 2017 @ Motorpoint Arena Cardiff USD $1.30 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA_Symphony Of Life_used CD-s_ships from AUS!_A9 USD $8.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Styx / Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas JAPAN SHMCD NEW!!!!!!!!!! *I USD $28.49 Buy It Now 3 days
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $23.80 Buy It Now 3 days
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN SUPER RARE LIVE ALBUM KEMPER MEMORIAL ARENA 19th NOVEMBER 1984 USD $39.53 Buy It Now 3 days
The War Of The Worlds Feat. Jason Donovan Live At O2 Arena A5 tour Flyer Card USD $1.96 Buy It Now 3 days
WILL YOUNG:::KEEP ON LIVE TOUR 2006:::CONCERT TICKET:::WEMBLEY ARENA,LONDON USD $1.98 [0 bids]

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Review by Warthur
3 stars A decent live release from the Contagion tour. The band missed a bit of a trick here - whilst it is nice to have an (almost) complete live rendition of the Contagion album as disc 1, they could have made the live show a real treat by reincorporating into the running order the additional songs from the Contagion saga which were trimmed from the studio album and distributed amongst the Contagious and Contagium EPs. Then again, at least disc 2 here offers a decent selection of non-Contagion tracks, even if there is a large overlap with the track selection for their previous two live albums.

One thing Live and Life does particularly well is tease out what makes this era of the band stand out - namely, that whilst they at times seem to be rehashing old ground in the "prog" stakes, they inject a healthy dose of high-energy *RAWK* into the "rock" side of the "neo-prog rock" equation. Your enjoyment of Arena's 2000s releases, I suspect, will largely hinge on whether or not you consider that an improvement by your personal standards and tastes.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "