LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & Life by Arena (2012-08-02)Live & Life by Arena (2012-08-02)
Imports
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012

NEW Tina Arena Vous Etes Toujours La Taiwan CD w/OBI 2003 LIVE USD $16.99 Buy It Now
TINA ARENA - YOU SET FIRE TO MY LIFE - 1 TRACK UK PROMO CD USD $7.46 [0 bids]
George Michael 25 Live 2006 Manchester Men Arena Tour Programme USD $24.92 [0 bids]
ARENA 2 CD SET...LIVE..ARRE USD $7.57 Buy It Now
Adele live concert at Manchester Arena 8th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now
Adele live concerts Manchester Arena 7th & 8th March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 29th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 30th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now
Tina Arena - Symphony Of Life 4 Track CD Single USD $6.11 Buy It Now
Adele live concerts Birmingham Arena 29th & 30th March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now
NEW Live at the Municipal Arena 1951 (Audio CD) USD $16.87 Buy It Now
BARRY MANILOW With RPCO - Live In London, O2 Arena, CD 2011, Pre-Release Edition USD $18.67 [0 bids]
14s
Live At Wembley Arena [2CD Deluxe Edition Book], New Music USD $40.06 Buy It Now 40m 48s
OPUS LIVE IS LIFE 1985 MINT 7 INCH SINGLE 45 POSP 743 ARENA ROCK/POP LISTEN USD $6.22 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Deep Purple: "Live at Long Beach Arena 1976 "[Digipak] (CD, May-2009, 2 CD OOP USD $13.94 Buy It Now 3h 44m
ARENA LONG BEACH, MAY, 1983: WA-DO-DEM. LIVE * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.71 Buy It Now 5h 40m
ARENA LONG BEACH, MAY, 1983: WA-DO-DEM. LIVE * NEW CD USD $23.75 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Queen live concert Sheffield Arena 27th of February 2015 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 7h 46m
AC/DC live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 22 23 24 April 1991 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 7h 50m
TINA ARENA UK 2000 CD Single LIVE FOR THE ONE I LOVE NEW USD $4.97 Buy It Now 10h 34m
BILLY IDOL LIVE IN WEMBLEY ARENA CD - 2016 UNIQUE BRAZIL NEW SEALED MEGA RARE USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $13.00 Buy It Now
LIVE FROM THE BOSTON ARENA1970 NEW & SEALED USD $49.83 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Brand New Never Played Pink Live From Wembley Arena Music DVD 2007 USD $1.23 [0 bids]
Jethro Tull live McNichols Arena Denver CO 7 November 1978 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Jethro Tull live McNichols Arena Denver CO 7 November 1978 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Jethro Tull live McNichols Arena Denver CO 7 November 1978 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 11m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 28m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 33m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 39m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 43m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 51m
Iron Maiden live concert Metro Radio Arena Newcastle 14 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Jethro Tull live Salt Lake City Arena Utah 8 November 1978 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Jethro Tull live Salt Lake City Arena Utah 8 November 1978 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 14h
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 15h 17m
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 15h 33m
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 15h 54m
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 16h 43m
Richie, Lionel: Encore: Live at Wembley Arena Audio CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Dozin' at the Knick: Live at Knickerbocker Arena by Grateful Dead CD USD $18.85 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Iron Maiden live concert Aberdeen AECC GE Oil Arena 17 May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Iron Maiden live concert SSE Hydro Arena Glasgow 16th May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Led Zeppelin Live Arena Legendary Reunion 2 CD SET - WENDY LABEL RARE 2 CD USD $74.73 Buy It Now 17h 57m
Iron Maiden live concert SSE Hydro Arena Glasgow 16th May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 18h 10m
George Michael live Liverpool Echo Arena 30th November 2011 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Duran Duran - Arena (Live 1984) Parlophone Vinyl LP DD2 EX/VG+/VG+ USD $7.46 Buy It Now 19h 27m
George Michael live Liverpool Echo Arena 30th November 2011 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 19h 39m
ORANGE LIVING DREAM Rave Flyer Flyers A5 7/8/93 The Essex Arena THE PRODIGY live USD $6.23 Buy It Now 19h 51m
Tina Arena Live for the one I love Soda club mixes promo USD $4.97 [0 bids]
George Michael live Sheffield Motorpoint Arena 2nd December 2011 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Magnum live at Birmingham NEC Arena16th of December 1988 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 20h 41m
LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976 [USED CD] USD $15.12 Buy It Now 20h 44m
Russell Peters: The Green Card Tour - Live from the O2 Arena (Blu-ray New) USD $17.36 Buy It Now 21h 13m
Grateful Dead DOZIN AT THE KNICK Kinickerbocker Arena Live 3 CDs Very Rare USD $26.99 [0 bids]
George Michael live Newcastle Metro Arena 3rd December 2011 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 21h 31m
George Michael live Newcastle Metro Arena 3rd December 2011 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 21h 32m
RARE Cliff Richard The Hit List LIVE at the Sheffield Arena 2 CD Set USD $69.95 [0 bids]
USD $199.95 Buy It Now
George Michael live Manchester Arena 21st of September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 22h 41m
George Michael live Manchester Arena 21st of September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 22h 42m
New & sealed double vinyl LP The Jam live at Wembley Arena 2nd Dec 1982 USD $47.94 Buy It Now 23h 13m
George Michael live Manchester Arena 21st of September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 23h 28m
George Michael live Manchester Arena 9th of October 2012 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 23h 40m
George Michael live Manchester Arena 9th of October 2012 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena Reset (Australia) (Feat Reset All & You Set Fire To My Life) CD - New USD $11.09 Buy It Now 1 day
George Michael live Manchester Arena 21st of September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT WEMBLEY BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2016 kicks off at THE SSE ARENA CD Japan USD $43.00 Buy It Now 1 day
George Michael live Liverpool Echo Arena 10th October 2012 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
KINGS OF LEON LIVE AT THE 02 ARENA LONDON ENGLAND BRAND NEW SEALED R1 DVD USD $11.52 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC live concert Wembley Arena London 16th January 1986 A4 size poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT WEMBLEY BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2016 kicks off at THE SSE ARENA CD Japan USD $45.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Iron Maiden live concert SSE Hydro Arena Glasgow 16th May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena - Live-The Onstage Collection [CD New] USD $19.80 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN Live P.N.W. March 14, 1977 Seattle Arena Vinyl LP Ruthless Rhymes ODD-3 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Iron Maiden live concert Motorpoint Arena Cardiff 24th May 2017 A4 poster print USD $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Live-The Onstage Collection - Tina Arena (CD Used Very Good) USD $17.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena Long Beach, May, 1983: Wa-Do-Dem. Live * by Eek-A-Mouse. USD $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Green Card Tour: Live From the O2 Arena (DVD) USD $29.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Live-The Onstage Collection - 2 DISC SET - Tina Arena (2010, CD New) USD $26.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at Wembley Arena * by Babymetal. USD $16.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Bruce Springsteen 11/07/2016 Accor Arena Paris (3CD Official Live Recording) USD $34.26 [1 bids]

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Review by Warthur
4 stars A decent live release from the Contagion tour. The band missed a bit of a trick here - whilst it is nice to have a complete live rendition of the Contagion album as disc 1, they could have made the live show a real treat by reincorporating into the running order the additional songs from the Contagion saga which were trimmed from the studio album and distributed amongst the Contagious and Contagium EPs. Then again, at least disc 2 here offers a decent selection of non-Contagion tracks, even if there is a large overlap with the track selection for their previous two live albums. I'd say that Live and Life is probably the first live Arena release you want to track down, since between the track selection on disc 2 and the full Contagion epic it really does offer a live "Best of Arena".

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "