LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Arena: Live 2011 / 2012 TourArena: Live 2011 / 2012 Tour
Ais 2013
Songs From the Lions CageSongs From the Lions Cage
Inside Out Germany 2004
Duran Duran : Arena CD - Andy Taylor - Simon Le Bon - John Taylor (1999) US $0.80 [1 bids]
34m 32s
SEALED FOREIGNER LP Inside Information ATLANTIC 7 81808-1 ARENA ROCK US $7.64 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Bad Company Live (At Wembley Arena) CD NEW (UK Import) US $17.81 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Duran Duran: Arena Cassette VG++ Canada Capitol 4XV-12374 US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
DURAN DURAN~Arena: Recorded Around The World 1984~NM! US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Various Artists : 70s Heavy Hitters: Arena Rockers 1970-74 CD (1998) US $5.10 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Shadowland - Ring Of Roses cd 1992 Clive Nolan Pendragon Arena Threshold Casino US $19.90 Buy It Now 5h 30m
JEFFERSON AIRPLANE Last Flight 2xCD/Winterland Arena/September 22, 1972./Psych US $22.99 Buy It Now 6h
rare Man From Snowy River Arena Spectacular Australian soundtrack CD (2002) US $46.73 Buy It Now 6h 55m
THE DISH - SOUNDTRACK - 28 TRACK CD, RUSSELL MORRIS, TINA ARENA, MASON WILLIAMS, US $12.15 Buy It Now 7h 25m
TINA ARENA "IN DEEP" CASSETTE TAPE US $14.97 Buy It Now 7h 54m
AFI - I HEARD A VOICE: LIVE FROM LONG BEACH ARENA - NEW CD US $17.32 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Drum & Bass Arena Anthology 2 (3xCD) SEALED Pendulum Nero Ed Rush Netsky Serum US $14.84 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Tina Arena - Symphony Of Life 4 Track CD Single US $8.37 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Tina Arena - In Deep - UK CD album 1997 US $6.62 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Encore: Live at Wembley Arena US $8.95 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Gang Starr - Step In The Arena [CD New] US $10.92 Buy It Now 9h 52m
ARENA - RAPTURE - MMPDVD0203 US $26.15 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Dark Places by Solar/Rob Sowden (CD, Jan-2004, Inside Out) Arena US $7.50 Buy It Now 10h 42m
JAMES - Arena tour programme 1998 US $11.19 Buy It Now 10h 42m
OZZY OSBOURNE LIVE LONG BEACH ARENA 1981 NM MINT- VINYL US $79.99 Buy It Now 10h 59m
REGGAE 7" ONE BIG FAMILY HALF PINT death in the arena ? US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Battle Arena Toshinden Retake & Remix US $8.99 [0 bids]
HEAR'SAY (KYM MARSH, MYLEENE KLASS) - Sat 8th Sept 2001, Wembley Arena. Ticket US $1.64 [0 bids]
ADRIANO CELENTANO - ADRIANO LIVE-CD+DVD (PAL) -II CONCERTO-ARENA DI VERONA -NEW US $16.99 Buy It Now 11h 38m
Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds Arena Toud Flyer Promo 2014 US $1.64 [0 bids]
ANITA BAKER - Compositions Tour,16th June 1990,Wembley Arena. Backstage VIP Pass US $6.62 [0 bids]
HEARSAY (MYLEENE KLASS) - 10th Sept 2001, London Docklands Arena. Backstage Pass US $4.96 [0 bids]
IL DIVO - World Tour 2006, 12th April 2006, Wembley Arena,London. Backstage Pass US $4.96 [0 bids]
CLIFF RICHARD - Access All Areas Tour, 28 Nov 1992,Wembley Arena. Backstage Pass US $4.96 [0 bids]
Don't Ask by Tina Arena (CD, Apr-1996, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $2.49 [0 bids]
Eddie Money Right Here Cassette Tape 1991 Columbia CT 46756 Pop Arena Rock AOR US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 58m
TINA ARENA 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/2966 US $33.16 Buy It Now 13h 6m
TINA ARENA UK 1995 CD Single HEAVEN HELP MY HEART Part2 662097.5 DiscMINT US $6.62 Buy It Now 13h 23m
MARC ANTHONY & Tina Arena 'I Want To Spend...." 1trk Promo CD ZORRO US $1.49 [0 bids]
DURAN DURAN ARENA ~ EX GATEFOLD VINYL + LYRIC INNER & BOOKLET. CARELESS MEMORIES US $4.96 [0 bids]
In Deep [Import] [Audio CD] Tina Arena US $3.94 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Tina Arena : Dont Ask CD (1996) US $3.25 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Pearl Jam Wembley Arena 30 5 00 London England 2 CD fan club #5 USA US $15.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Pilot To Gunner(CD Album)Get Saved-Arena Rock-RCD 16043 US $4.96 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Pearl Jam - Bootleg #4 - 29-5-00 Wembley Arena, London 2 CD US $23.02 Buy It Now 14h 11m
Duran Duran - Arena - Gatefold Vinyl LP - Hungry Like A Wolf, Union Of The Snake US $5.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Tina Arena - Don't Ask (1999) US $1.64 [0 bids]
ACAPULCO TROPICAL - RITMO SOL Y ARENA - NEW CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Reset * by Tina Arena (CD, Oct-2013, EMI) US $19.00 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Dj Jani - Hotel Arena Tonight [CD New] US $6.89 Buy It Now 14h 47m
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Ole ELO LP OOP mid-70's arena-rock US $2.99 Buy It Now 14h 48m
~ ARENA - RADIANCE ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Vintage Tennessee Valley Vipers Ballcap One Size Adj Strap Arena Football League US $14.79 [0 bids]
THE MASK OF ZORRO Soundtrack CD ~ James Horner / Marc Anthony, Tina Arena US $2.99 [0 bids]
Tina Arena : In Deep (Australian Import) CD (1997) US $5.98 Buy It Now 16h 33m
CLIFF RICHARD - ORIGINAL 2006 NATIONAL ARENA TOUR DOUBLE SIDED 8 x 6 FLYER US $4.96 Buy It Now 16h 46m
OMEN - INTO THE ARENA LP new rare MANOWAR WARLORD MANILLA ROAD US $17.99 [0 bids]
PEARL JAM Wembley Arena London #5 (30/5/2000) 2 CDs in a textured gatefold case US $12.26 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA - I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS // 2tr. CD-SINGLE US $7.50 Buy It Now 17h 46m
TINA ARENA - HEAVEN HELP MY HEART // 4tr. CD-MAXI US $7.50 Buy It Now 17h 46m
TINA ARENA - HEAVEN HELP MY HEART // 2tr. CD-SINGLE CARDSLEEVE US $7.50 Buy It Now 17h 46m
Vcd x 2 TRF Live In Yokohama Arena 1997 J-POP ~NEW~ US $18.00 Buy It Now 18h 5m
Scream Arena - Scream Arena NEW CD US $16.73 Buy It Now 18h 7m
Boston Don't Look Back Cassette Tape 1986 Epic Records PET 35050 Hard Arena Rock US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 23m
I Muvrini & Les 500 Choristes by I Muvrini/Tina Arena (CD, 2008, Columbia (USA)) US $0.29 [0 bids]
(EH492) Mario Torchio, Freak Arena - DJ CD US $3.30 Buy It Now 18h 32m
Tesla Mechanical Resonance Cassette Tape 1986 Hard Rock Arena AOR Metal Debut US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 35m
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN "LIVE AT MCNICHOLS ARENA IN DENVER" COLORED 500/ NEW/ SEALED US $42.99 Buy It Now 18h 39m
GANG STARR "FULL CLIP" EP PROMO UNRELEASED DREAM WARRIORS HARD TO EARN ARENA US $20.00 Buy It Now 18h 42m
MIJANGOS - Arena Y Sol - 12" US $13.41 Buy It Now 18h 45m
Arena - Arena: Live (2011/2012 Tour) NEW 2 x CD US $16.73 Buy It Now 18h 55m
Styx "The Grand Illusion" CD Dennis DeYoung Tommy Shaw Melodic Art Arena Rock US $1.50 [0 bids]
BEST OF RUSH pop HITs CD 80s classic progressive HARD ROCK EIGHTIES arena metal US $3.74 [0 bids]
19h
Various Artists : 80s G.H. Rock 3: Arena Rock CD (1992) US $3.96 Buy It Now 19h 3m
BEST OF RUSH pop HITs CD 80s classic progressive HARD ROCK EIGHTIES arena metal US $3.48 [0 bids]
DURAN DURAN LP ARENA IS THERE SOMETHING I SHOULD KN 922 R VG/EX C VG (LP-6839) US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
PINK - LIVE FROM WEMBLEY ARENA LONDON ENGLAND (IMPORT) NEW DVD US $19.31 Buy It Now 19h 18m
Arena - Informatik New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.91 Buy It Now 19h 32m
Conjunto Acapulco Tropical: Ritmo Sol y Arena Otra OTR 426 Latin LP SEALED US $75.00 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Mega RARE Fania FIRST PRESSING Cheo Feliciano JUAN ALBAŅIL castillos de arena US $74.99 Buy It Now 20h 27m
(CD) GRATEFUL DEAD - Dick's Picks 10 [Winterland Arena 12/29/77] / 3 CD US $35.00 Buy It Now 21h 26m
Joey Beltram- Arena 12" US $10.78 Buy It Now 21h 32m
Various Arena Rock-80s Greatest Rock Hits V3 CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 21h 33m
DURAN DURAN ARENA 1984 LP ~ Recorded around the world ~ STILL SEALED NEW US $19.95 [0 bids]
ENIG-73311- BARREN CROSS Atomic Arena OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Religious US $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 51m
ENIG-72542- BARREN CROSS Atomic Arena OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Religious US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 51m
45 THE JAM LIVE WEMBLEY ARENA DECEMBER 1982 MOVE ON UP GREAT DEPRESSION SNAPL 45 US $5.98 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Dick's Picks, Vol. 5: Oakland Auditorium Arena by Grateful Dead (CD, 1995, 3... US $29.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO ,5 CONCERT FLYERS FOR THE HALLAM FM ARENA,2007 US $1.64 [0 bids]
Duran Duran-Arena-Recorded Around The World 1984-vinyl LP MINT! gatefold w/ book US $14.88 Buy It Now 22h 29m
CD ~ TINA ARENA - Don't Ask - EUC US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merche : Cal Y Arena CD US $6.19 Buy It Now 22h 34m
Los Broncos de Reynosa - Arena Roja Norteno Rancheras Corridos Cumbia Accordion US $6.95 Buy It Now 22h 55m
Marillion "Fugazi" LP Capitol EMI 1984 Neo-Prog Genesis Fish Arena Progressive US $4.00 [2 bids]
ALIAS cd MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY power ballad Freddy Curci 80's arena rock pop US $8.99 [0 bids]
MULER-The State Of Play-STRINGS/Cello-GUITAR ARENA ROCK US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY SQUIER-Extended Versions-hard rock-arena-cd's US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran "Arena" LP Printed in Korea US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gang Starr - Step In The Arena [Vinyl New] US $23.09 Buy It Now 1 day
New Persona4 The ULTIMATE in MAYONAKA ARENA Original Soundtrack CD Japan F/S US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Step in the Arena [PA] by Gang Starr (Vinyl, Feb-2014, 2 Discs, Virgin) US $20.36 Buy It Now 1 day
CNBLUE ARENA TOUR 2013 -ONE MORE TIME (Japanese Edition DVD + Exclusive Bonus ) US $63.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena Verona '88 PROMO VHS Video US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
KASABIAN LIVE! O2 Arena 2 CD Set LIVE IN LONDON 2011 Velociraptor! Velociraptor US $16.53 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33213) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or Ģ.

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#125944) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2007

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "