LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Contagion MaxContagion Max
Imports 2014
ContagionContagion
Inside Out Germany 2004
Arena: Live 2011 / 2012 TourArena: Live 2011 / 2012 Tour
Ais 2013
VisitorVisitor
Inside Out 2004
BEATLES-On Stage in Japan Judo Arena-Rock Live Near Mint Vinyl LP US $34.99 [0 bids]
ARENA TWINS I'D JUST AS SOON FORGET/JUDY SAYS 45 RPM US $29.98 Buy It Now 2h 5m
32 HITS OF THE MIGHTY 90'S RARE OZ DOUBLE CASSETTE TAPE! TINA ARENA MELISSA US $16.38 Buy It Now 2h 6m
MASK of ZORRO cd JAMES HORNER score soundtrack Marc Anthony Tina Arena song US $9.99 [0 bids]
DURAN DURAN-ARENA RECORDED AROUND THE WORLD 1984-VINYL-NM-POSTER-LYRICS US $5.99 [0 bids]
ALIAS cd MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY power ballad Freddy Curci 80's arena rock pop US $9.99 [0 bids]
Pink - Live From Wembley Arena (DVD, 2007) US $6.90 Buy It Now 2h 24m
3 - Sweet Crystal CD Winners of 11 Detroit Music Awards ARENA CHRISTIAN ROCK US $3.99 [0 bids]
DANCE ANTHEMS ARENA 4 STRINGS SASH! BLANK JONES LOVERUSH MAAS CJ STONE BK 2CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Live At Wembley Arena - Bad Company US $15.50 Buy It Now 4h 37m
studio 1 12" : ROLAND ALPHONSO & SOUL VENDORS-death in the arena (hear) US $54.94 Buy It Now 6h
AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE : Mug / O2 Arena London Limited 2007 !! Led Zeppelin US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
JON BON JOVI(Classic)Cross Road/RICHIE SAMBORA-New Jersey/ARENA ROCK/Guitar/POP US $7.49 [0 bids]
Marsupilami - Arena (Remastered CD, 2007) *AS NEW & 24 HOUR POST* US $10.19 Buy It Now 7h 46m
BARREN CROSS-Atomic Arena-HEAVY METAL-Gospel-Rock-TAPE US $7.48 [0 bids]
Tina Arena Heaven Help My Heart Australian CD single (1995) US $8.58 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Tina Arena Burn Australian CD single (1997) US $4.27 Buy It Now 8h 52m
TINA ARENA - DON'T ASK music cd US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 33m
CAKE Short Skirt Long Jacket CD 2 Track In Card Sleeve B/w Arco Arena Vocal Vers US $8.23 Buy It Now 10h 10m
AMY ARENA Excuse Me CD 3 Track Promo B/w Cheeseburger And Proud To Be A Woman E US $8.23 Buy It Now 10h 13m
LP BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN "LIVE! KEMPER MEMORIAL ARENA 1984 " LIMITED EDITION US $25.00 Buy It Now 10h 21m
Drum & bass arena 2012 - CD [NEW] US $8.90 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Tina Arena - Don`t Ask ( CD Album 1995 ) Used Very Good US $2.75 Buy It Now 12h 31m
UPRISING HALLOWEEN BALL 09- ONE VISION ARENA -4 CDs NEW US $26.69 Buy It Now 13h 34m
Giovanni Simone Mayr: Medea in Corinto / Arena (3 CD set ) [Import] US $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Duran Duran - Arena 1984 Cassette Rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 14h 37m
REO SPEEDWAGON-building the bridge,1996,class.US.mel.Rock/AOR/Arena rock US $1.50 [0 bids]
BARRY MANILOW Concert Ticket BIRMINGHAM Arena 1986 US $7.84 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Kylie Minogue Cd Rare Live From 02 Arena 2012 Exclusive Brazil All The Lovers US $29.90 Buy It Now 15h 12m
UB40 - Live at the London O2 Arena (Live Recording, 2010) (New/sealed) US $17.26 Buy It Now 15h 24m
CARLOS BAROCELA: Tu Nobre La Arena (latin vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 38m
METAMORPHOSIS Dynamic Arena LP Detroit US $21.00 Buy It Now 15h 46m
HOME Xiv CD 13 Track UK Arena 1999 US $9.41 Buy It Now 16h
JOHNNY CLARKE King In The Arena CD 12 Track Still Sealed FRENCH Culture Press 2 US $30.56 Buy It Now 16h 2m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER: Looking Out For # 1-U.S. LP Long Beach Arena 8-12-77 PCV US $64.98 Buy It Now 16h 4m
MARILLION / IRON MAIDEN - White label 7 inch single. Live from Wembley Arena US $15.70 [5 bids]
PERKS OF LIVING SOCIETY 2 Damn Free CD 5 Track Pls Arena Edit B/w Play Boys Aren US $9.41 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Metal Thunder: Arena Rock Classics by Various Artists (CD, Apr-2007, St. Clair) US $2.00 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Tina Arena - Reset [CD New] US $17.23 Buy It Now 16h 26m
Arena Rock Classics [Audio CD] Various US $5.00 Buy It Now 16h 36m
DURAN DURAN ARENA GATEFOLD COVER LP WITH POSTER AND INNER SLEEVE 942 US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 37m
The Better Button by Mink Lungs (The) (CD, Jul-2005, Arena Rock Recording) US $0.19 [0 bids]
PREVIEW-VINYL-ARENA ROCK BAND-GEFFEN RECORDS-SUCCESS IN JAPAN NOT SO MUCH IN U.S US $5.99 [0 bids]
PURA DULSURA GARIFUNA - TAKIA CON SU GRUPO ARENA CALIENTE-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 35m
Metal Thunder: Arena Rock Classics by Various Artists (CD, Apr-2007, St. Clair) US $1.49 [0 bids]
Arena The Visitor (CD) '00 Century Media metal US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 8m
TODD RUNDGREN Arena CD 13 Track Promo Still Sealed But Has Crack To Case UK Coo US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
TINA ARENA Don't Ask CD 11 Track UK ISSUE PRESSED IN AUSTRIA Columbia 1995 US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
TINA ARENA Heaven Help My Heart CD 4 Track Radio Version Pic Disc B/w Album Vers US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
SWORDS PROJECT Entertainment Is Over If You Want It CD 7 Track UK Arena Rock 20 US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
TINA ARENA Burn CD 2 Track Single Edit Promo B/w I Want To Spend My Lifetime Lov US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
TINA ARENA Burn CD 2 Track Single Edit Promo With Info Stickered Case B/w I Want US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
SKUNK ANANSIE Brazen CD 5 Track Part 3 Jr's Arena Anthem B/w Perfecto Mix,dreadz US $9.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
DURAN DURAN ARENA VINYL LP WITH INNER SLEEVE CAPITOL VG+ US $3.50 [0 bids]
LENNY KRAVITZ wembley arena 2002 Large rock POSTER new US $7.84 Buy It Now 18h 46m
Arena - Pepper's Ghost (Bookcover 2005 Edition), import and OUT OF PRINT! US $14.99 [0 bids]
CLIMAX ASHER rockers arena 12BRO 56 uk bronze 1978 12" PS EX/VG US $14.12 Buy It Now 19h 23m
4 Page Rave flyer 1991 Xmas Day World Party @ Linford st&Wonderland arena London US $2.34 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA 70mm x 55mm PROMO photo negative cut from contact sheet #C/10369 US $7.84 Buy It Now 19h 56m
Duran Duran - Arena recorded around the world - 1984 US $2.95 [0 bids]
38 Special Rockin Into The Night 1987 A&M Records CD 3216 Southern Arena Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 21h
? Duran Duran - Arena (Recorded around the World 1984) US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 15m
ARENA Songs From The Lions Cage Japan CD OBI '95 Marillion Pendragon US $11.99 [5 bids]
I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena US $19.20 Buy It Now 22h
Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena, London, 21st December 2009 [CD+DVD] US $24.98 Buy It Now 22h
Drum and Bass Arena Presents Friction and Fabio US $17.77 Buy It Now 22h 2m
Step In The Arena US $12.17 Buy It Now 22h 2m
Live at the O2 Arena US $14.02 Buy It Now 22h 3m
Games at High Speeds by Pilot to Gunner (CD, Jul-2005, Arena Rock (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Drum & Bass Arena Anthology US $21.15 Buy It Now 22h 20m
Live At Saitama Super Arena - Original Soundtrack US $18.92 Buy It Now 22h 21m
Arena Concerto by Ennio Morricone (2011) - Import US $6.00 Buy It Now 22h 24m
The Final Night of Sin at Wembley Arena US $15.17 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Arena: Live (2011/2012 Tour) US $16.66 Buy It Now 22h 28m
Simple Minds - Greatest Hits Live At London O2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD New US $14.12 Buy It Now 22h 31m
Deaf Arena US $15.43 Buy It Now 22h 31m
Led Zeppelin Long Beach Arena 3CD LIVE REMASTER 3/11/75 Confusion Records JAPAN US $49.99 Buy It Now 22h 33m
Various Artists - Drum & Bass Arena Winter Selection 2013 (2013) US $15.25 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Dicks Picks Vol. 10: Winterland Arena, December 29, 1977 US $57.40 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Drum & Bass Arena 2014 US $17.30 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Tina Arena - Don't Ask - CD - USED VG US $0.99 Buy It Now 22h 58m
Gipsy Kings Viento Del Arena House & Funky Mix vinyl 12 Inch 1980 ELEKTRA US $10.00 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Girls Aloud- The Greatest Hits Live From Wembley Arena [2006] [DVD] DVD US $20.98 Buy It Now 23h 19m
THE DISCO BISCUITS !!-DISCO BISCUITS-LIVE BOOTS-DOBSON ICE ARENA-1/19/08 US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 39m
Ana Gabriel Karaoke Mar y Arena y Mas New Nuevo Sellado US $13.99 Buy It Now 23h 51m
Liars/Oneida - Atheists, Reconsider [EP] (CD, Dec-2002, Arena Rock (USA)) US $6.99 [0 bids]
GANG STARR "FULL CLIP/DWYCK" 2X12 UK MOMENT OF TRUTH STEP IN THE ARENA HARD EARN US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
2X12 GANG STARR "FULL CLIP" PROMO UNRELEASED DREAM WARRIORS HARD TO EARN ARENA US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
REO SPEEDWAGON Concert Ticket Stub Nov.17 1984 Bicentennial Center Arena Kansas US $9.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin The American Return 3CD LIVE LONG BEACH ARENA COMPLETE flying disc US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GANG STARR "FULL CLIP" 4XLP ORIG US DAILY OPERATION HARD TO EARN STEP IN ARENA US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS - Near MINT WLP 45 S/M The Sports Arena Anthem! US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RUSH-Counterparts-CANADA-Heavy-HARD-Arena-CLASSIC-Rock-Synthsizers-GEDDY LEE-CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SHINee JAPAN ARENA TOUR WORLD 2013 Boys Meet U [2-DVD] New Sealed US $37.59 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN DURAN ARENA (1984) ORIGINAL JAPAN CD CP35-5009 US $47.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE TINA ARENA 'ITALIAN LOVE SONG' CD SINGLE - EXCELLENT CONDITION US $16.73 Buy It Now 1 day
HOT TRACK 18-1 CD MARIAH CAREY TINA ARENA NATALIE IMBRUGLIA BACKSTREET BOYS US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ABBA LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA COMPLETE JAPAN 2 SHM CD NEW UICY-15344 US $34.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Some Tough City Tony Carey~NEW/SEALED~1984 Hard/Arena Rock~Rainbow Member US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA DON'T ASK US $2.19 [0 bids]

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33213) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#125944) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2007

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "