LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012
Live & Life by Arena (2012-04-03)Live & Life by Arena (2012-04-03)
Imports
Queen live concert Long Beach Arena USA 20th December 1977 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now
Queen live concert Long Beach Arena USA 21st December 1977 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now
Duran Duran - Arena (Live) - Parlophone - 1984 #342141 USD $13.11 Buy It Now 10m 23s
Katie Melua - Live At The O2 Arena NEW CD USD $9.46 Buy It Now 2h
THE VAMPS - WAKE UP CD Includes FREE CONCERT DVD The Vamps Live At The O2 Arena USD $11.80 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Dick's Picks Vol. 27: Live at Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA by Grateful... USD $40.41 Buy It Now 5h 30m
LED ZEPPELIN CELEBRATION DAY SEALED 2 CD SET NEW 2012 LIVE 02 ARENA LONDON 2007 USD $9.48 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Live & Life - Arena (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.04 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Rush live concert Dayton Arena Ohio 16th of February 1980 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 8h 54m
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN ALIVE + Live At McNichols Arena & Tingley Coliseum LP's + CD USD $212.49 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Live & Life by Arena (CD, Nov-2004, Verglas Music (UK)) USD $20.13 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Steps - Live At London O2 Arena 2012 - 2 CD - New & Unplayed USD $7.86 Buy It Now 10h 5m
UB40 - Live - Recorded Live at the London O2 Arena, London. December 12, 2009 USD $10.64 [0 bids]
Duran Duran Arena Recorded Around the World Live Vinyl Record 1984 SWAY-12374 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 22m
THE CURE live at WEMBLEY arena LONDON uk CD ENTREAT rare GERMAN release 8 tracks USD $49.99 Buy It Now 13h 28m
DURAN duran ARENA live concert CD + 2 BONUS tracks RIO girls on film WILD BOYS USD $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 57m
ELTON JOHN - Live At Arena Di Verona, 7th July 2009 CD X2 USD $11.80 Buy It Now 18h 57m
You Me At Six - The Final Night Of Sin, Live From Wembley Arena (NEW CD+DVD) USD $9.17 Buy It Now 19h 44m
UB40 "LIVE (AT BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA)" 2 CD NEW+ USD $23.56 Buy It Now 20h 45m
KORN Live Bootleg CD Oct 6,1998 Live McNichols Arena Denver,CO Family Values USD $49.99 Buy It Now 22h 16m
JOYOUS CELEBRATION 15 Live At The Icc Arena, Durban Part 2 SOUTH AFRICA Cat# CDP USD $16.00 Buy It Now 23h 6m
JOYOUS CELEBRATION 15 Live At The Icc Arena, Durban Part 1 CD SOUTH AFRICA USD $16.00 Buy It Now 23h 14m
KATIE MELUA Live at the O2 Arena Digipack CD UK / EUROPE Cat# DRAMCD0051 USD $22.99 Buy It Now 23h 16m
JOYOUS CELEBRATION 12 Live at the Grand West Arena Cape Town CD SOUTH AFRICA USD $14.00 Buy It Now 23h 34m
JUSTICE - Access All Arenas: Live July 19th 2012 Les Arenes De Nimas - CD USD $14.57 Buy It Now 1 day
I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena by AFI (CD, Nov-2007, Interscope... USD $6.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at Wembley Arena USD $5.04 Buy It Now 1 day
HANSON CD 1998 LIVE FROM ALBERTANE Original Packaging MERCURY Seattle Key Arena USD $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DJ IRENE-HARD HOUSE: LIVE AT THE LEGENDARY ARENA CD NEW USD $14.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena Pendragon Shadowland live concert 12th of April 2008 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS live concert at Sheffield Arena 15th of June 1997 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 26th 27th June 1988 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS live concert Wembley Arena London 24th 25th June 1988 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena Duran Duran bonus tracks rio girls on film planet earth live show concert USD $8.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena Live Album by Duran Duran (Capitol Records), Very Good, Free Shipping! USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Cure live concert at Sheffield Arena 13th December 1996 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
The Cure live concert at Cardiff Arena 9th of December 1996 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
The Police live concert Wembley Arena London 27th December 1983 A4 poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
The Police live concert Wembley Arena London 28th December 1983 A4 poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA, LONDON 3 CD SET - 10/27/02 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Police live concert Wembley Arena London 30th December 1983 A4 poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Dick's Picks Vol. 27: Live at Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA New CD USD $39.39 Buy It Now 1 day
DICK'S PICKS VOL. 27: LIVE AT OAKLAND COLISEUM ARENA, [USED CD] USD $41.34 Buy It Now 1 day
The Police live concert Wembley Arena London 31st December 1983 A4 poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE Prince L.A. Sports Arena 1989 Live 2 Record LP Set USD $50.00 [0 bids]
Tina Arena - Symphony Of Life 4 Track CD Single USD $5.93 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA GREATEST HITS LIVE DVD ALL REGIONS NTSC & CD NEW USD $13.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Prince live concert at Wembley Arena London 7th March 1995 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Prince live concert at Wembley Arena London 8th March 1995 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Jethro Tull Live La Sports Arena Usa 1980 Soundbourd Vinyl2 Lp USD $11.16 [1 bids]
Bjork live concert at Sheffield Arena 19th of January 1996 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Duran Duran - Arena (Live Recording, 1999) CD USD $5.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Razorlight live concert Cardiff Arena 28th of October 2006 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Abba 'Live Wembley Arena 40th Anniversary' NEW & SEALED Double CD album concert USD $13.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Jam - Live (03-6-00 SE + CC Arena - Glasgow, Scotland/Live Recording,... USD $5.79 [0 bids]
1985 "NM Wax" ???Sample Al Jarreau In London P-13194 Japan Live at Wembley Arena USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LIONEL RICHIE promo FLYER live 2016 all the hits tour concert manchester arena USD $1.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Afi, I Heard a Voice: Live From Long Beach Arena, Excellent USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VERDI- Il Trovatore, Live Macerata 1977 M.Arena 2-CD (RARE) Bergonzi/Ricciarelli USD $13.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concert at Manchester Arena 8th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concerts Manchester Arena 7th & 8th March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 29th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 30th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concerts Birmingham Arena 29th & 30th March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
The B52s - Live At London IndigO2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD - New & Unplayed USD $5.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert Sheffield Arena 27th of February 2015 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
AC/DC live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 22 23 24 April 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 2 days
TINA ARENA SYMPHONY OF LIFE CD SINGLE 4 TRACKS USD $5.07 Buy It Now 2 days
Pink: Live At Wembley Arena = NEW DVD-Music USD $12.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Tina Arena Symphony Of Life Australia CD Single USD $0.75 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd - Magazine Live Review at Wembley Arena 'The Wall' Tour - 1980 USD $3.92 Buy It Now 3 days
BAD COMPANY**2010: LIVE IN THE UK: WEMBLEY ARENA (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET USD $29.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Katie Melua-Live at the O2 Arena CD NEW USD $24.07 Buy It Now 3 days
ELLIE GOULDING Live in Concert" Halcyon" 2013 UK Arena Tour Promo flyers x 4 USD $2.56 Buy It Now 3 days
KYLIE Live in Concert "Kiss me Once" 2014 UK Arena Tour. Promo card flyers x 2 USD $2.56 Buy It Now 3 days
CULTURE CLUB/Boy George Live in Concert 2014 UK Arena Tour Promo card flyers x 2 USD $2.56 Buy It Now 3 days
THE WANTED Live in Concert Spring UK Arena Tour 2012. Promo tour flyers x 2 USD $2.56 Buy It Now 3 days
PRINCE - Ultimate Live Experience Tour, 22 Mar 1995,Wembley Arena,Backstage Pass USD $6.55 [0 bids]
Magnum live at Birmingham NEC Arena16th of December 1988 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 3 days
LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976 [USED CD] USD $15.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Deep Purple - Live At Long Beach Arena 1976 [Vinyl New] USD $31.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Tina Arena Reset (Australia) (Feat Reset All & You Set Fire To My Life) CD - New USD $10.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Garth Brooks Double Live CD Reunion Arena 1991 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Arena Concerto: Ennio Morricone, 2 CDs 2011, Good Bad & Ugly, West, LIVE, IMPORT USD $6.50 Buy It Now 3 days
AC/DC live concert Wembley Arena London 16th January 1986 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 3 days
AC/DC live concert Wembley Arena London 17th January 1986 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Duran Duran-Arena [live] CD NEW USD $6.65 Buy It Now 3 days
New Music Record AFI "I Heard A Voice: Live From Long Beach Arena" CD USD $20.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Quicksilver Messenger Service - Live At Winterland Arena In San Fran [Vinyl New] USD $19.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Tina Arena ?- CLASSIC Tina Arena Live : OZ ( 2 ) Disc Set - CD & DVD - 2010 USD $3.34 [0 bids]
QUEEN Live P.N.W. March 14, 1977 Seattle Arena Vinyl LP Ruthless Rhymes ODD-3 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Green Card Tour: Live From the O2 Arena (DVD) USD $29.80 Buy It Now 3 days
ABBA-LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (2 CD)-CD (2) POLYDOR NEW USD $14.69 Buy It Now 3 days
KISS LIVE & RARE Alive 35 live At Bercy Arena, Paris 2008 CD X2 Limited OFFICIAL USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Yes live concert St John's Arena Columbus Ohio 30 July 1977 A4 size poster print USD $19.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Sun in my Pocket - Arena Tour Live by Locnville (South African DVD USD $7.55 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or £.

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives