LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012
Live & Life by Arena (2012-04-03)Live & Life by Arena (2012-04-03)
Imports
TINA ARENA SYMPHONY OF LIFE 2 CD NEW USD $18.26 Buy It Now 32m 11s
Live at Long Beach Arena 1976 CD Deep Purple Brand New Ships Worldwide USD $38.99 Buy It Now 1h
Live at Long Beach Arena 1976 Vinyl Deep Purple Brand New Ships Worldwide USD $48.99 Buy It Now 1h
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 30th August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 31st August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3h 18m
TINA ARENA Live For The One I Love (CD Single, 2000) USD $0.58 [0 bids]
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 3 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 2 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 1 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 4h 40m
LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $8.97 Buy It Now 5h 29m
LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA * - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $8.09 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Adele live concerts Manchester Arena 7th & 8th March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Adele live concerts Manchester Arena 7th & 8th March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 5h 43m
******** LIFE******** DVD Jacqueline Ripstein & Romina Arena USD $15.95 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Adele live concert at Manchester Arena 7th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Adele live concert at Manchester Arena 7th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Io E Te Arena Live - Gianna Nannini (CD Used Very Good) USD $8.28 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 29th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Gianna Nannini - Io E Te Arena Live [CD New] USD $11.90 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 29th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 30th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 30th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 10h 39m
STYX**LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS**CD USD $10.95 Buy It Now 11h 47m
Queen live concert at Leeds Arena 20th of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 14h 11m
Bjork live concert at Sheffield Arena 19th of January 1996 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Luna Live by Luna (CD, Jul-2005, Arena Rock (USA)) USD $6.39 Buy It Now 14h 30m
THE DEAD ~ NEW YEAR'S RUN ~ OAKLAND ARENA DEC. 30, 2003 ~ LIVE CONCERT RECORDING USD $25.00 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Tina Arena Symphony Of Life Cd/DVD USD $5.98 [0 bids]
USD $9.34 Buy It Now
UB40 LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA LONDON 12 12 DECEMBER 2009 2 CD SET NEW USD $28.98 [0 bids]
Muse live concert at Manchester Arena 1st of November 2012 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Black Sabbath Live At Friends Arena Stockholm Sweden 2013 Clear Wax LP Mint Ozzy USD $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 46m
LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA [DIGIPAK] - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $34.38 Buy It Now 1 day
AT THE ARENA OV AION-LIVE - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $10.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 30th August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 31st August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua - Live At The 02 Arena [CD New] USD $10.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 1 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 2 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 3 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Phish:Live University of Central Florida Arena, Orlando, FL [3 CD] 11/14/1995 (Q USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES "FIVE NIGHTS IN A JUDO ARENA" LP LIVE IN JAPAN 1966 JOHN LENNON ETC USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK Live From Wembley Arena DVD 21 Track (88697063869) EUROPEAN Laface 2007 USD $14.63 Buy It Now 1 day
PRINCE - Ultimate Live Experience Tour, 22 Mar 1995,Wembley Arena,Backstage Pass USD $8.68 [0 bids]
360 GRAD LIVE LANXESS ARENA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $15.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium-Live At The O2 Arena London-12/21/2009 [CD New] USD $23.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Live: 06-6-00 Cardiff Int'l Arena- Cardiff, Wales- Pearl Jam (2-CD) Rare Live!!! USD $4.99 [0 bids]
LIVE. THE 02 ARENA. NYE 31.12.09. LONDON [DIGIPAK] - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $16.49 Buy It Now 1 day
IO E TE: ARENA LIVE [BONUS DVD] - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $13.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Rush live concert Manchester Arena 22nd of May 2013 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE 2013: THE 02 ARENA, LONDON 26.01.2013 [DIGIPAK] * - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $24.31 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FRANTIC FOUR'S FINAL FLING: LIVE AT THE DUBLIN O2 ARENA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $35.86 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA Symphony Of Life 2CD NEW USD $16.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss live concert Manchester NYNEX Arena 21st November 1996 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 20th November 1996 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss live concert Wembley Arena London 25th November 1996 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena Live Australian CD DVD - New USD $16.80 Buy It Now 1 day
AL JARREAU in LONDON cd LIVE in CONCERT at WEMBLEY ARENA 1984 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN duran ARENA live concert CD + 2 BONUS tracks RIO girls on film WILD BOYS USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss - Alive 35 - Live at O2 Arena Prague 06/06/08 2 CD USD $11.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss - Alive 35 - Live at O2 Manheim SAP Arena 10/06/08 2 CD USD $11.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss - Alive 35 - Live at Valhall Arena, Oslo 31/05/08 2 CD USD $11.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss - Alive 35 - Live at Bercy Arena, Paris 17/06/08 2 CD USD $11.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Simple Minds - Celebrate + Live at O2 Arena, London 2 CD 30.11.13 Greatest Hits USD $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss - Alive 35 - Live at Hartwall Arena, Helsinki 27/05/08 2 CD USD $11.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss - Alive 35 - Live at Hamburg Color Line Arena Germany 04/06/08 2 CD colour USD $11.52 Buy It Now 1 day
2CELLOS LIVE AT ARENA ZAGREB DVD ALL REGIONS NTSC NEW USD $11.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Status Quo: The Frantic Four's Final Fling: Live At the Dublin O2 Arena (2-LPs: USD $29.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Life Without You: Live At The Nichols Arena, Denver, Co - November 29, 1989 [VI. USD $24.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Wet Wet Wet - VHS Picture This - Live At Wembley Arena 1995 USD $1.44 [0 bids]
STYX**LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS**CD USD $4.99 [0 bids]
[CD+DVD] Jamala: For Every Heart. Live At Arena Concert Plaza USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA Live Australian Tour Wembley Arena Dick Cavett Meets West Germany 1986 EUC USD $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium: Live At The O2 Arena, London, 21st Dec (NEW CD+DVD) USD $14.84 Buy It Now 2 days
JUDAS PRIEST**BATTLE CRY: LIVE: WACKEN FESTIVAL/ERGO ARENA, GDANSK**DVD USD $12.50 Buy It Now 2 days
TINA ARENA Heaven Help My heart w/SPANISH TRK & 2 LIVE TRX CD single SEALED 1995 USD $23.74 Buy It Now 2 days
TINA ARENA Show me Heaven RADIO Trk & MESSAGE LIVE Europe CD single USA Seller USD $23.74 Buy It Now 2 days
DOKKEN "UNCHAINED 1985" JAPAN PROMO DOUBLE LP LIVE LONG BEACH ARENA RARE USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Muse live concert at Birmingham LG Arena 30th October 2012 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Duran Duran LIVE Arena 12" LP 1984 NEAR MINT vinyl SWAV 12374 FREE US SHIPPING USD $12.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Asia Live in Moscow 1990 Cassette Tape 1992 Rhino R4-70377 Prog Arena Art Rock USD $6.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Night Ranger Big Life Cassette 1987 Hard Arena Rock Jack Blades Damn Yankees USD $6.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Event Promo Flyer: Paolo Nutini - Live 2014 (Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, 2014) USD $2.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Sting Bootleg CD: "They Dance Alone" - Live@Arena, Verona, Italy (6.5.88) USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Duran Duran "ARENA" Live With Photo Booklet Promo NM!! USD $2.99 [0 bids]
PINK - LIVE FROM WEMBLEY ARENA USD $3.73 [0 bids]
USD $7.47 Buy It Now
LIONEL RICHIE - LIVE BERCY ARENA PARIS USD $3.73 [0 bids]
USD $7.47 Buy It Now
Wet Wet Wet - VHS Picture This - Live At Wembley Arena 1995 USD $1.44 Buy It Now 2 days
CD TINA ARENA RESET New & Sealed You Set Fire To My Life / Love You Less USD $11.17 Buy It Now 2 days
UB40 - Live At O2 Arena London 12.12.2009 - 2 CD Album USD $17.39 Buy It Now 2 days
STYX - LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS CD NEW+ USD $20.33 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA-LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (2 CD)-CD (2) POLYDOR NEW USD $14.89 Buy It Now 2 days
DURAN DURAN-ARENA/LIVE-CD PLG UK NEW USD $9.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Katie Melua - Live At The O2 Arena (NEW CD) USD $13.39 Buy It Now 3 days
AC/DC live concert at Birmingham NEC Arena 28 November 2000 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3 days
AC/DC live concert at Sheffield Arena 30th of November 2000 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Adele live concert SSE Arena Belfast 29th of February 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Adele live concert at SSE Arena Belfast 1st of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Adele live concert at the 3Arena Dublin 4th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "