LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Arena: Live 2011 / 2012 TourArena: Live 2011 / 2012 Tour
Ais 2013
KASABIAN LIVE! O2 Arena 2 CD Set LIVE IN LONDON 2011 Velociraptor! Velociraptor US $16.20 Buy It Now 30m 47s
LUIS PACORA-AURORA arena caliente 1983 AFRO SOUL LATIN JAZZ FUNK PERU PRIVATE LA US $249.99 Buy It Now 38m 23s
Edson & Hudson - Na Arena Ao Vivo [CD New] US $22.43 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Drum & Bass Arena Anthology - Vol. 2-Drum & Bass Arena Anthology [CD New] US $13.82 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Tina Arena : DonT Ask CD (1994) US $4.01 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Allevi & All Stars Orchestra - Arena Di Verona - CD/DVD US $9.73 [0 bids]
Duran Duran Arena SWAV-12374 1984 Capitol 12" 33 rpm vinyl lp Rock US $2.93 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Used complete ticket stub THE KILLERS Manchester Arena 2013 plus cannon confetti US $8.11 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Biffy Clyro Opposites 2013 Arena Concert Tour Promo Flyer / Handbill x 2 US $3.17 Buy It Now 3h 57m
DRUM & BASS ARENA 2014 (Rudimental / Chase & Status / DJ Fresh) 3 CD SET (2014) US $16.16 Buy It Now 4h 29m
HEIMSPIEL: DIE HITS AUS DER ALLIANZ ARENA - NEW CD US $16.54 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Live In London: Recorded Live In Concert At The O2 Arena July 7th 2008 (reissue) US $50.60 Buy It Now 4h 54m
LITTLE MIX - SHEFFIELD ARENA UK TOUR CONCERT FLYER 2014 - THE SALUTE TOUR US $1.61 [0 bids]
THE WHO - PETE TOWNSHEND - LIVE CONCERT PHOTOGRAPH - NEWCASTLE ARENA - 2000 !!!! US $5.69 [0 bids]
The Killers Used Concert Ticket Newcastle Metroradio Arena 04/11/2012 US $1.61 [0 bids]
TRF JAPAN VERSION LIVE DVD Live in Yokohama Arena US $27.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Duran Duran Arena LP (1984) Gatefold + booklet VERY GOOD US $4.86 Buy It Now 5h 30m
DURAN DURAN - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $24.35 Buy It Now 5h 30m
New Persona4 The ULTIMATE in MAYONAKA ARENA Original Soundtrack CD Japan F/S US $60.00 Buy It Now 6h 10m
ARENA - ARENA: LIVE 2011/2012 TOUR - NEW CD US $13.57 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Los Broncos de Reynosa - Arena Roja Norteno Ranchera Corridos Cumbia Accordion US $6.95 Buy It Now 6h 22m
DURAN DURAN - ARENA Vinyl LP '84 GATEFOLD SLEEVE recorded around the world US $1.61 [0 bids]
Duran Duran - Arena (NEW CD) US $14.20 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Proletaryat - In Concert Poznan Arena 91 - Polish Metal US $9.00 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Gang Starr Step In The Arena CD, 1990 US $10.45 [0 bids]
Drum and & Bass Arena - Fabio and & Friction - Vario CD US $18.26 Buy It Now 7h 50m
BRONZE world arena LP 8 track inc fold out insert (nnf283) us not not fun 2014 US $27.60 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Battle Arena Toshinden Retake & Remix US $8.99 [0 bids]
8h
CELI BEE / "Como agua y arena" 1986 TH (Brand new sealed) US $49.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Dj Surreal & Parameter II*- Arena 31 / Millennium Funk 12" W/LBL US $13.40 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Halford - Live At Saitama Super Arena (NEW CD) US $19.88 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Drum & And Bass Arena Winter Selection 2013 - Various Artists (NEW 2 x CD) US $16.63 Buy It Now 9h 50m
DURAN DURAN -arena KOREA LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 59m
DURAN DURAN Arena LP Record 1984 JAPANESE RARE US $24.98 Buy It Now 10h
Def Leppard - Hysteria Tour Ticket (Wembley Arena - 11/04/1988) US $1.61 [1 bids]
Duran Duran - Arena, Korea Vinyl LP Record (VG/VG) 12" 33 RPM Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Nickelback Silver Side Up Tour Ticket (Wembley Arena 02/12/2002) US $1.61 [1 bids]
DURAN DURAN Arena EMS-91095 OBI LP V2583 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Whitesnake 1987 Tour Ticket (Wembley Arena 30/12/1987) US $1.61 [1 bids]
RED RIDER NERUDA VINYL LP CAPITOL ST-12228 80S ARENA ROCK 1983 W/INNER SLEEVE US $5.91 Buy It Now 12h 14m
ROBBIE WILLIAMS 2006 USED AMSTERDAM ARENA CARD (P105) US $8.11 Buy It Now 12h 40m
MARC ANTHONY & Tina Arena 'I Want To Spend...." 1trk Promo CD ZORRO US $1.49 [0 bids]
David Lee Roth A Little Ain't Enough + Warrant Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 1/3/91 US $1.61 [0 bids]
Iron Maiden No Prayer On The Road + Anthrax Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 18/12/90 US $0.02 [1 bids]
Metallica 1990 Tour + Warrior Soul Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 23/5/90 US $1.61 [1 bids]
JEFFERSON STARSHIP Spitfire LP OOP mid-70's arena-rock Grace Slick US $2.99 Buy It Now 13h 34m
Stevie Nicks The Other Side Of The Mirror Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 27/11/89 US $1.69 [2 bids]
JEFFERSON STARSHIP Red Octopus LP OOP mid-70's arena-rock Jefferson Airplane US $2.99 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Rush 30th Anniversary Tour Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 08/09/2004 US $1.61 [1 bids]
Columbia Record Radio Station Copy Oh, What A Shame & Notify The FBI-Arena Twin US $0.99 [0 bids]
Foo Fighters One By One Tour Ticket Wembley Arena 22/11/2002 US $0.10 [2 bids]
Duran Duran - Arena (1984) LP - Capitol SWAV-12374 EX Record! US $5.00 [0 bids]
Marsupilami-Arena-'71 Mellotron PROG FOLK-NEW CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
TINA ARENA Show mw Heaven w/RARE EDIT PROMO DJ CD Single USA 1996 ESK 8027 MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Slip Double: UB40 : Live O2 Arena London 2009 2 CDs US $15.58 [0 bids]
Tina Arena - You Set Fire To My Life - 1 Track PROMO CD UNPLAYED US $1.61 [0 bids]
600 BOYZONE 2011 ARENA CONCERT TOUR PHOTOS ON CD L@@K GREAT PHOTOS FOR A FAN US $9.73 Buy It Now 14h 44m
DURAN DURAN "Sticker" Arena L088-1037 OBI LD AE7572 US $39.99 [0 bids]
15h
DURAN DURAN Arena EMS-91095 OBI LP AD0941 US $7.99 [0 bids]
15h
Iron Maiden Seventh Son Tour Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 10/12/1988 US $1.61 [1 bids]
Lot 2 Chicago Bulls Greatest Hits cd Volume 1 & 2 nba arena songs live Jordan US $7.95 Buy It Now 15h 3m
OZZY OSBOURNE Long Beach Arena June 27, 1981 XL1532 2LP I1553 US $10.50 [3 bids]
Alice Cooper Trash Tour Ticket (Wembley Arena 11/12/1989) US $1.61 [0 bids]
LP DURAN DURAN ARENA: RECORDED AROUND THE WORLD 1984 **NM VINYL** US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 57m
Rolling Stones ticket Brendan Byrne Arena E Rutherford New Jersey 05/11/81 US $24.37 Buy It Now 16h 20m
Rolling Stones ticket Brendan Byrne Arena E Rutherford New Jersey 07/11/81 US $24.37 Buy It Now 16h 20m
KISHORE KUMAR - Last Concerts 24 & 25 Jul 1987,Wembley Arena/NEC. Backstage Pass US $56.84 [0 bids]
Stone Roses ticket Sheffield Arena 28/12/95 US $48.73 Buy It Now 16h 28m
Duran Duran ticket Sheffield Arena 27/04/04 US $16.24 Buy It Now 16h 31m
Duran Duran ticket Wembley Arena 20/05/87 US $24.37 Buy It Now 16h 31m
WET WET WET,THE TIMELESS TOUR,2007,LIVE 2,CDS,SHEFFIELD ARENA,6TH DECEMBER 2007 US $25.97 Buy It Now 16h 52m
TINA ARENA STRONG AS STEEL CHOICE CUTS ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! US $20.84 Buy It Now 16h 55m
Slayer CD 6/28/08 Arena Parco Nord Bologna Italy Gods Of Metal Festival US $5.00 [1 bids]
Sealed! ASIA Arena JAPAN CD w/Obi 1996 1st issue WPCR-295 US $49.99 Buy It Now 17h
YESSHOWS - WORLD TOUR 1977 - LIVE AT THE LONG BEACH ARENA - RARE COLLECTOR ISSUE US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 4m
Dick's Picks, Vol. 19: Fairgrounds Arena Oklahoma City, OK 10/19/73 by... US $29.95 [0 bids]
Various Artists Arena Rock CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 18h 14m
DURAN DURAN Arena LP Capitol 1984 w/ Insert & Inner Sleeve NEW WAVE Live US $6.95 [0 bids]
AZRAEL Metal Arena CD NEW SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Duran Duran "Arena" Gatefold LP! US $2.99 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA - SORRENTO MOON ( I REMEMBER), CD SINGLE. US $6.70 Buy It Now 20h 11m
TINA ARENA IN DEEP JAPAN CD+1BONUS OBI ESCA-7339 US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 5m
= ANGELINA ARENA ESSENTIAL RECORDINGS CD near mint! US $7.89 Buy It Now 21h 56m
SYDNEY 2000 OLYMPICS - OPENING CEREMONY - CD - TINA ARENA - JOHN FARNHAM US $17.54 Buy It Now 22h 54m
+ Happy Days - The Arena Mega Musical CD VGC US $10.26 Buy It Now 23h 53m
TINA ARENA SINGING STAR SET OF 5 MINT STAMP STRIPS US $28.08 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA I Need Your Body RARE AUSSIE 12" SINGLE 1990 US $13.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Music From Sydney 2000 Olympics CD incs Amorosi Arena Farnham Newton John US $8.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran Arena LP Vinyl Record Album Custom Made Vintage Bowl US $19.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena 7" 45 Oz Vinyl Single - I Need Your Body US $7.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion Seasons End Tour Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 12/07/1990 US $1.61 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - Drum & Bass Arena 2014 - mixed 3xCD US $23.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Spirit Of Christmas 2000 CD Kylie Minogue Tina Arena Olivia Newton John Taxiride US $21.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Heart Brigade Tour Ticket (Wembley Arena - 11/05/1990) US $1.61 [0 bids]
AC/DC Razors Edge Gig Ticket Wembley Arena 17/04/1991 US $1.97 [4 bids]
Iron Maiden Brave New World Gig Ticket Birmingham NEC Arena 04/11/2000 US $1.95 [2 bids]
Def Leppard Euphoria Gig Ticket Birmingham NEC Arena 15/10/1999 US $1.61 [0 bids]
Scorpions Crazy World Gig Tour Ticket Wembley Arena 12/01/1991 US $1.61 [0 bids]
TODD RUNDGREN Arena CD NEW US $9.67 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ARENA BRASS Lonely Bull EPIC Stereo US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33213) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#125944) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2007

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "