LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
$102.40

Live at Wembley Arena: World Tour 2016 [Blu-ray] USD $108.45 Buy It Now 3h
STATUS QUO (UK) - THE FRANTIC FOUR'S FINAL FLING: LIVE AT THE DUBLIN O2 ARENA NE USD $12.39 Buy It Now 3h 9m
METALLICA / LIVE: REUNION ARENA, DALLAS, TX 5 FEB 89 2CD USD $16.19 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Roger Waters live with David Gilmour O2 Arena very rare box set ex- Pink Floyd USD $423.89 Buy It Now 12h 14m
BABYMETAL Legend - S - Baptism XX - JAPAN DVD Live At Hiroshima Green Arena USD $71.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Depeche Mode - DU ARENA YAS ISLAND , ABU DHABI - LIVE 2013 RARE LIMITED 2 CD-R! USD $39.00 Buy It Now 14h 28m
JUSTICE - Access All Arenas - Live 2012 CD Excellent Condition! Original Case USD $7.18 Buy It Now 15h 11m
2 CD -NIGHTWISH- Vehicle Of Spirit 2CD Wembley Arena Ratina Stadion Live new USD $12.95 Buy It Now 15h 48m
TINA ARENA - Live - The Onstage Collection CD / DVD 2010 Liberation AS NEW! USD $10.77 Buy It Now 16h 22m
PARTY ON THE DANCEFLOOR - LIVE FROM THE LONDON SSE WEMBLEY ARENA Steps Audio CD USD $172.25 Buy It Now 17h 9m
Tina Arena Vous Etes Toujours La Taiwan CD w/OBI 2003 LIVE NEW USD $18.79 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Alter Bridge - Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities (NEW 3 x CD Album) USD $12.52 [0 bids]
Steps & Vengaboys live Concert Flyer Motorpoint Arena Cardiff 29 November 2017 USD $1.24 [0 bids]
AFI - I Heard A Voice - Live From Long Beach Arena - CD davey havok USD $3.75 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Beatle Paul is live.. Wings 1979 Concert Ticket at Wembley arena London dec USD $238.07 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA - LIVE FOR THE ONE I LOVE, Cardboard Sleeve. USD $0.94 [0 bids]
BEATLES / FIVE NIGHTS IN A JUDO ARENA ~ LIVE IN JAPAN 11 SONGS 1966 ~ SEALED USD $88.00 Buy It Now 23h 15m
ALTER BRIDGE - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA + RARITIES USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $14.49 Buy It Now 23h 20m
ALTER BRIDGE - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA + RARITIES NEW CD USD $15.38 Buy It Now 23h 59m
Adriano Celentano - Adriano Live - Il Concerto Arena Di Verona (CD + DVD PAL USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK ASTLEY - BEAUTIFUL LIFE 2018 TOUR - MANCHESTER ARENA UK FLYER (SIZE A5) USD $1.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #9 Cardiff Wales 06/06/00 International Arena USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Bob Dylan 2 Cd Set Live London Wembley Arena 2nd Show Oct. 2000 Tangled Up Blue USD $135.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ARENA - LIVE CD 2005 VERGLAS MADE IN RUSSIA USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes Yesshows World Tour 1977 Live at Long Beach Arena Unofficial LP YESLB A/B USD $29.99 [0 bids]
CREAM LIVE FAREWELL AT THE WINTERLAND ARENA 1968 MARCH 3rd 2 CD USD $79.99 [0 bids]
2 CDs-2000-PEARL JAM-ARENA DI VERONA-VERONA, ITALY-LIVE-ROCK USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Country / Texas Music CDs - Large Collection $1 & Up - Flat Rate Ship Pick Yours USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALTER BRIDGE - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA + RARITIES NEW CD USD $46.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Thompson Twins Civic Arena Pittsburgh 1986 CD Rare Live USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA-SYMPHONY OF LIFE-2 CD SET-LIVE IN MELBOURNE 2012-TINA ARENA ORCHESTRA USD $7.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Metallica Live Wembley Arena 1992 Cassette Tapes Heavy Metal Thrash USD $8.14 Buy It Now 1 day
The War Of The Worlds : Live At O2 Arena A5 promo tour Flyer Jason Donovan USD $1.24 [0 bids]
Katie Melua - Live At The O2 Arena NEW CD USD $9.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Sex Pistols Live Manchester Evening News Arena 17 November 2007. CD USD $25.06 [0 bids]
Playlist - Journey Greatest Hits Live USA CD MINT Arena Rock #O03 USD $6.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at the O2 Arena - Rarities Alter Bridge Audio CD USD $34.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran - Live 2011 (A Diamond in The Mind) CD (Live Manchester MEN Arena) USD $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACK SABBATH: END (LIVE F/T GENTING GENTING ARENA) (CD) USD $18.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Hard House: Live at the Legendary Arena, DJ Irene, Good Original recording reiss USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ZUCCHERO (VOCALS) BLACK CAT LIVE FROM ARENA DI VERONA [SINGLE] NEW VINYL USD $32.86 Buy It Now 2 days
ALTER BRIDGE LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA + RARITIES NEW VINYL USD $40.97 Buy It Now 2 days
ALTER BRIDGE LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA + RARITIES NEW VINYL USD $37.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Live at Wembley Arena by ABBA: New USD $35.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Live at the O2 Arena by Katie Melua: New USD $19.06 Buy It Now 2 days
Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena London 12/21/2009 [CD+DVD PAL0]: New USD $16.42 Buy It Now 2 days
BAD COMPANY Live in the UK 3 CD SET WEMBLEY ARENA APRIL 11, 2010 USD $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
2 CDs-2000-PEARL JAM-FILA FORUM ARENA-MILAN, ITALY LIVE 2000 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
(20) Pearl Jam OFFICIAL BOOTLEG 2 CD LIVE: FILA FORUM ARENA 22-6-00 MILAN, ITALY USD $12.75 Buy It Now 2 days
ALTER BRIDGE-LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA +RARITIES-JAPAN 3 CD J24 USD $40.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs(NEW)/Fila Forum Arena Milan Italy CD's GRUNGE LIVE USD $4.98 [0 bids]
"LEGEND - S - BAPTISM XX -" (LIVE AT HIROSHIMA GREEN ARENA) [Blu-ray] USD $78.25 Buy It Now 2 days
"LEGEND - S - BAPTISM XX -" (LIVE AT HIROSHIMA GREEN ARENA) [DVD] USD $72.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Jam LIVE Official Bootleg CD #16 Spodek Arena, Katowice, Poland 6/16/00 USD $11.49 Buy It Now 2 days
UB40 LIVE 02 ARENA LONDON 12 DEC 2009 2 CD SET NEW FREE POSTAGE USD $18.78 [0 bids]
Tina Arena Symphony Of Life Australian 4 Track CD Single USD $7.32 Buy It Now 2 days
JOYOUS CELEBRATION 15 Live At The Icc Arena, Durban Part 2 SOUTH AFRICA Cat# CDP USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOYOUS CELEBRATION 15 Live At The Icc Arena, Durban Part 1 CD SOUTH AFRICA USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KATIE MELUA Live at the O2 Arena Digipack CD UK / EUROPE Cat# DRAMCD0051 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE 2CD!! Eric Clapton Steve Winwood-LIVE at Yokohama Arena Japan 11/19/2011 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $39.99 Buy It Now
ABBA - Live at Wembley Arena [New CD] Holland - Import USD $35.87 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE 2CD!!! KISS-LIVE at Wembley Arena London 3/25/1999 Wembley Circus USD $39.99 [1 bids]
OASIS live at The Yokohama Arena, Japan. SOTSOG Tour 2000 DVD USD $7.27 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS live at Wembley Arena, October 2008 * DOYS Tour * live DVD USD $6.39 Buy It Now 2 days
KINGS OF LEON-ONLY BY THE NIGHT-LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA,LONDON (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.53 Buy It Now 2 days
Live at the O2 Arena by Horslips: New USD $15.14 Buy It Now 2 days
KINGS OF LEON-ONLY BY THE NIGHT-LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA,LONDON (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.73 Buy It Now 2 days
HELENE FISCHER - HELENE FISCHER LIVE-DIE ARENA-TOURNEE (2CD) 2 CD NEW+ USD $25.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Slip Double: Kiss : Alive 35 : Live Oslo, Valhall Arena Norway 2008 USD $25.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Abba Live at Wembley Arena by the 10.11.1979 Double CD Schneller Shipping New USD $19.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Duran Duran LIVE Arena 12" LP 1984 vinyl USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SIMPLY RED LIFE TOUR 1995 1996 MAGAZINE ADVERT - WEMBLEY ARENA LONDON ARENA USD $6.20 Buy It Now 3 days
UB40 LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA LONDON 12 12 DECEMBER 2009 2 CD SET NEW USD $25.05 [0 bids]
Arena by Duran Duran Audio Music Cassette Live 1984 USD $1.79 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities (3xCD) USD $17.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Live: 30-5-00 Wembley Arena - London, England by Pearl Jam (CD, Sep-2000, 2 Disc USD $13.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DEATH BEFORE SUCKASS DVD by The Four Horsemen (Live At Miami Arena) New USD $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Arena Di Verona: Opera For Africa (Live From Verona) Vinyl LP 1986 419 280 USD $7.52 Buy It Now 3 days
ABBA / LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA 2CD SHM W/OBI DIGIPACK L/E JAPAN USD $47.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Extraterrestrial Live Blue Oyster Cult Arena Rock Hard Rock & Metal Audio CD NEW USD $8.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Zucchero-Black Cat Live From Arena Di Verona - Lp 180 Gr. VINYL NEW USD $33.65 Buy It Now 3 days
THE VAMPS 4 CDS 1 DVD MEET THE VAMPS WAKE UP/LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA DELUXE EDITION USD $6.25 [0 bids]
Arena Di Verona: Opera For Africa Live From Verona from Austro Mechana USD $7.52 Buy It Now 3 days
PEARL JAM - 20/6/00 - Arena, Verona, Italy - 2 CD - Live - **NEW/ STILL SEALED** USD $72.95 Buy It Now 3 days
YES LIVE IN WEMBLEY ARENA 1978 LIVE IN LONDON 1975 Electric Monkey 2CD USD $68.99 Buy It Now 3 days
STATUS QUO: BACK2SQ.1 - THE FRANTIC FOUR REUNION 2013 LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA USED USD $7.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Thunder live in Concert Flyer Friday 24th March 2017 @ Motorpoint Arena Cardiff USD $1.24 [0 bids]
Tina Arena RARE 4 TRK AUSTRALIAN CD "SORRENTO MOON" W/-2 LIVE TRKS!!!!! USD $3.56 Buy It Now 3 days
LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS USD $17.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Bad Company Live In The UK (11th April 2010, Wembley Arena) 16 Track Triple CD USD $18.78 [0 bids]
OASIS ~ Wembley Arena 2008 ~ Dig Out Your Soul Tour live Region Free Blu-Ray USD $12.91 Buy It Now 3 days
ROGER WATERS (THE WALL LIVE) TICKET STUBB ACER ARENA SYDNEY 2012 USD $3.75 [0 bids]
Alter Bridge-Live At The O2 Arena & Rarities (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $23.75 Buy It Now 3 days
LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA + RARITIES (WHT) VINYL LP NEW USD $57.83 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIVE AT THE LONG BEACH ARENA 1970 FEBRUARY 7th LTD # 2 CD USD $84.99 [0 bids]
Duran Duran-Arena [live] CD NEW USD $7.06 Buy It Now 4 days
2001 SYMPHONY OF LIFE TINA ARENA CD #672982-2 COLUMBIA USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dozin' at the Knick: Live at Knickerbocker Arena by Grateful Dead (CD, Oct-1996) USD $19.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE EAGLES LIVE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA 2013 MARCH 23rd 2 CD USD $64.99 [0 bids]
Duran Duran Arena Live LP Vinyl Album Capitol Records 1984 w/ Insert DD2 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Review by Warthur
3 stars A decent live release from the Contagion tour. The band missed a bit of a trick here - whilst it is nice to have an (almost) complete live rendition of the Contagion album as disc 1, they could have made the live show a real treat by reincorporating into the running order the additional songs from the Contagion saga which were trimmed from the studio album and distributed amongst the Contagious and Contagium EPs. Then again, at least disc 2 here offers a decent selection of non-Contagion tracks, even if there is a large overlap with the track selection for their previous two live albums.

One thing Live and Life does particularly well is tease out what makes this era of the band stand out - namely, that whilst they at times seem to be rehashing old ground in the "prog" stakes, they inject a healthy dose of high-energy *RAWK* into the "rock" side of the "neo-prog rock" equation. Your enjoyment of Arena's 2000s releases, I suspect, will largely hinge on whether or not you consider that an improvement by your personal standards and tastes.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "