LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Contagion MaxContagion Max
Imports 2014
Pepper's GhostPepper's Ghost
Imports 2012
Seventh Degree of SeparationSeventh Degree of Separation
Ais 2011
TINA ARENA - VOUS ETES TOUJOURS - BONUS TRACK NEW CD US $21.75 Buy It Now 1h 2m
DURAN DURAN - ARENA CD - BRAZIL - 1st ISSUE 1989 - NO BAR CODE - MEGA RARE! US $24.00 [0 bids]
Drum & Bass Arena Anthology - Vol. 2-Drum & Bass Arena Anthology CD US $17.31 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Ub40 - Live At The London O2 Arena CD CONCERT LI US $27.39 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Drum & Bass Arena 2014 - Drum & Bass Arena 2014 NEW CD US $15.70 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium-Live At The O2 Arena London-12/21/2009 CD US $27.46 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Frankie Sparo - Arena Hostile CD US $14.86 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Atomic Arena by Barren Cross (Cassette) US $3.75 Buy It Now 1h 33m
ESCOMBROS,1970, CHILEAN MEGARARE HARD PSYCH IN ARENA LABEL, IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!! US $202.50 [10 bids]
M. Lindberg - Arena 2 Coyote Blues Etc CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 1h 40m
M. Lindberg - Arena Corrente 2 Feria CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Don't Ask by Tina Arena (CD, Apr-1996, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Informatik - Arena CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 1h 47m
AYUMI HAMASAKI MY STORY ARENA TOUR 2005 JAPAN 3 DVD BOX 6090yen REGION 2 US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Gianna Nannini - Io E Te Arena Live CD US $19.69 Buy It Now 1h 51m
AYUMI HAMASAKI ARENA TOUR 2003 ~ 2004 JAPAN DVD 6090yen REGION 2 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Arena - Radiance CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Tina Arena - Strong As Steel CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Tina Arena - Souvenirs CD US $29.21 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Leonard Cohen - Live In London 02 Arena 2008 2CD LIMITED DIGIPAK US $20.35 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Verdi Bizet Arena Di Verona DVD US $66.95 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #16 Katowice Poland 6/16/2000 Spodek Arena CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #20 Milan 06/22/2000 FILA Forum Arena PJ20 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Marsupilami - Arena - ECLEC2007 US $19.01 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Todd Rundgren - Arena - COOKCD480 US $18.15 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Ozzy Osbourne/Budgie "Speak Of The Devil" 1982 Wembley Arena Concert Ticket US $20.37 Buy It Now 2h 35m
TINA ARENA 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/2731 US $33.95 Buy It Now 2h 36m
ENNIO MORRICONE**ARENA CONCERTO**CD US $17.95 Buy It Now 3h 24m
DJ RANDALL - DRUM & BASS ARENA 3xCD dillinja adam f ltj bukem US $13.56 Buy It Now 3h 29m
ARENA DE OURO / VARIOUS NEW CD US $24.46 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Tom Petty & Heartbreakers 1982 Wembley Arena Concert Ticket US $11.88 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Duran Duran - Arena LP Recorded Around The World 1984 Capitol Records V-8617 US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h
INFORMATIK - ARENA NEW CD US $22.52 Buy It Now 4h 3m
TINA ARENA UK 1995 CD Single HEAVEN HELP MY HEART Part2 662097.5 DiscMINT US $6.77 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Drum & Bass Arena (2 X CD Mixed By Andy C & Grooverider) US $5.08 Buy It Now 4h 46m
DESTINY'S CHILD MEMORABILIA UNUSED TICKET HALLAM FM ARENA SHEFFIELD 07/06/05 US $8.47 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Hotel Arena - Tonight DIGIPAK MADE IN HOLLAND US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Slip Treble: You Me At Six : The Final Night Of Sin Wembley Arena 2012 2CD + DVD US $57.87 [0 bids]
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 Cardiff Motorpoint Arena US $32.23 [0 bids]
Tina Arena: The best & Le Meilleur (2009) CD OBI TAIWAN US $23.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Various Artists - Drum & Bass Arena (Anthology) (3CD 2010) Digipack US $8.47 Buy It Now 6h 28m
GTR - Steve Hackett & Steve Howe (Cassette 1986 Arista) Arena Rock VG COND. US $6.89 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Reo Speedwagon Lp Wheels Are Turning Cant Fight This Feeling Arena Monsters US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Rock 45 DURAN DURAN Save A Prayer (From The Arena) on Capitol 6 US $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 9m
DURAN DURAN - ARENA, REFLEX vinyl lp Lot of 3 US $5.38 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Tina Arena Whistle Down the Wind ft Glenn Close + Cassette Tape Single - TESTED US $8.49 Buy It Now 7h 38m
GRATEFUL DEAD - DICK'S PICKS, VOL. 10: WINTERLAND ARENA, - NEW CD BOXSET US $38.48 Buy It Now 7h 51m
THE HEAVYWEIGHTS Murder / Annhihilate / Thee Arena / Think Hop 12" EP FRANTIC US $5.00 [0 bids]
MADNESS - 2012 TOUR - Set List for LG Arena - 13 December 2012 - COPY US $1.68 [0 bids]
MARILYN MANSON - TOUR SCHEDULE FOR NEC ARENA - 9 December 2007 -COPY of original US $1.68 [0 bids]
LINDBERG / SARASTE / FINNISH RSO - FERIA / CORRENTE 2 / ARENA NEW CD US $24.06 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Duran Duran LP,Arena, Capitol SWAV 12374, ORIGINAL 1984, NM- US $9.95 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Just Me by Tina Arena (CD, Nov-2001, Sony) "Soul Mate #9" US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 7m
LINDBERG / ORAMO / AVANTI CHAMBER ORCHESTRA - ARENA 2 / COYOTE BLUES NEW CD US $24.06 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Pearl Jam ?- 04 /6 /00 - Manchester Evening News Arena 2xCD SET NEAR MINT US $25.44 Buy It Now 12h 2m
Rikarena : Saculdeo Que Tiene Arena CD (1994) US $4.11 Buy It Now 13h 21m
TINA ARENA SINGLE CD-SHOW ME HEAVEN US $3.95 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Duran Duran ?- Arena Lp Venezuela US $40.00 Buy It Now 13h 36m
NEW - Arena by Rundgren, Todd US $2.76 Buy It Now 13h 43m
The Doors Live in Boston Arena 10 Apr 1970 3 DISC BOX SET RARE!! Jim Morrison US $11.99 [0 bids]
Arena - Duran Duran (Cassette 1984) in NM US $8.49 Buy It Now 14h 41m
TRAGIC BOOGIE CD THE LIFE AND TIMES DIGIPAK ARENA ROCK STONE ROSES U2 REM BAND US $4.95 Buy It Now 14h 47m
TINA ARENA "LES 3 CLOCHES" CDSI PROMO US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 17m
TINA ARENA SINGLE CD-CHAINS US $5.50 Buy It Now 15h 18m
PEARL JAM ~ 14/6/00 - Paegas Arena, Praha, Czech Republic $3 SHIPPING FROM NZ US $60.00 Buy It Now 15h 23m
14. TINA ARENA....DON,T ASK.477886.2 US $9.37 Buy It Now 15h 28m
DURAN DURAN Arena LP US $9.41 Buy It Now 15h 41m
DURAN DURAN " ARENA & THE WILD BOYS " 2 RECORDS SET - EMI 1984 - MEXICAN - LP US $25.80 Buy It Now 15h 54m
ARENA - SONGS FROM THE LIONS CAGE. JAPAN.OBI. PENDRAGON US $5.99 [0 bids]
Step in the Arena by Gang Starr (CD, Jul-1990) US $8.95 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Tina Arena Songs of Love and Loss Taiwan CD w/BOX US $25.78 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour (3CD 2013) arena rock Brand New & Sealed US $7.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Live in California Long Beach Arena 2 MINI LP CD JAPAN VICP-64320 US $37.99 Buy It Now 18h 21m
It Bites Big Lad in the Windmill SEALED 1996 Virgin UK CD Kino Arena Marillion US $13.95 Buy It Now 19h
2 Justin Timberlake Tickets 11/22 Oracle Arena section 116 next to stage!!! US $550.00 Buy It Now 19h 2m
Early Mat Non TO! DURAN DURAN Arena JAPAN 1st Press 1984 CD CP35-5009 3500yen US $29.00 Buy It Now 20h 34m
12":MAX EDWARDS-rockers arena (hear) US $20.35 Buy It Now 21h
THE VALLEY ARENA-TAKE COMFORT IN STRANGERS RARE! SLIPCASE EDITION NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 10m
Ennio Morricone - Arena Concerto CD ATLANTIC R US $19.40 Buy It Now 21h 24m
THE KILLERS POSTER ROD LAVER ARENA MELBOURNE 2007 MINT ONLY 500 cd s US $27.30 Buy It Now 21h 25m
CNBLUE - Arena Tour 2012 Come On Saitama Super Arena Japan DVD Brand NEW US $75.00 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena, London, 21st December 2009 [CD+DVD] US $27.26 Buy It Now 22h 43m
LEONCAVALLO / STROW / BAVARIAN RADIO ORCH / ARENA - LEONCAVALLO: ZAZA NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 23h 22m
Various Artists : Arena Rock 80s CD (1997) US $5.17 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUM & BASS ARENA ANTHOLOGY 3xCD CLASSIC ANTHEMS 1993-2010 Andy C Shy FX Frictio US $18.65 Buy It Now 1 day
SHY FX - Deja Vu Meteoric Drum & Bass Classics 2xCD DJ SS Original Nuttah Arena US $13.56 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUM & BASS ARENA - 10th ANNIVERSARY Andy C Grooverider Sub Focus Ed Rush Dillin US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
KISS CONCERT TICKET STUB Sonic Boom Over Europe Tour 2010 Newcastle Arena UK GB US $1.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Blink 182 - Wembley Arena 6th February 2004 Concert Ticket Stub US $9.41 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA Songs Of Love & Loss Vol, 2 CD BRAND NEW US $13.33 Buy It Now 1 day
Aldershot 1982 Army Display Rushmoor Arena - DR49 (LP) US $25.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran - Arena - Japan No Barcode 1984 10 TRK FASTPOST CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WILLIE NELSON - Love Songs - Excellent Condition LP Record Arena ARA 1009 US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran Arena US $3.00 [0 bids]
Slip Double: UB40 : Live O2 Arena London 2009 2 CDs US $16.79 [0 bids]
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 LG Arena Birmingham US $38.09 [0 bids]
Guns N' Roses - Live From The O2 Arena London 3 CD / 2012 Limited 100 only Izzy US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Al Hirt / Yesterday / The Arena 45 rpm Record Vinyl Jazz He's The King Trumpet US $7.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Kay: Live at Manchester Arena [DVD] [2004] By Peter Kay,Gordon Isaacs,Kar US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran - Arena LP GATEFOLD POP ROCK 1985 YUGOSLAV PRESS VERY GOOD US $9.90 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33213) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or £.

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#125944) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2007

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "