LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012
Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]
Verglas Music
Arena - Live & Life CD USD $19.39 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Out of Control Tour 2009 (Live at the 02 Arena) by Girls Aloud (DVD) USD $0.81 [0 bids]
UB40 - Live At O2 Arena London 12.12.2009 - 2 CD Album USD $18.88 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Tim Minchin - and The Heritage Orchestra - Live Manchester Arena - CD (61) USD $17.29 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Iron Maiden - Maiden England, Live Nec Arena 1988 (DVD Still Sealed) USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin "Celebration Day" CD Recorded Live O2 Arena 2007 USD $10.22 Buy It Now 12h 42m
10 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by 38 SPECIAL caught up in you ROCK ARENA new CD USD $7.89 Buy It Now 13h 37m
PET SHOP BOYS PANDEMONIUM LIVE THE O2 ARENA LONDON 21 DEC 2009 SEALED 2 CD SET USD $109.86 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Nannini,Gianna - Io E Te Arena Live (CD New) USD $13.14 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Slip Double: UB40 : Live O2 Arena London 2009 2 CDs USD $14.38 [0 bids]
Live At Saitama Super Arena - Original Soundtrack USD $21.39 Buy It Now 20h 40m
Arena Live Album by Duran Duran (Capitol Records), Very Good, Free Shipping! USD $12.95 [0 bids]
USD $16.84 Buy It Now
Live At Saitama Super Arena - Halford New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $17.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Slip Double: Steps : Live ! 2012 London O2 Arena USD $15.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua-Live at the O2 Arena CD NEW USD $13.75 Buy It Now 1 day
New: A.F.I. - I Heard A Voice (Live from Long Beach Arena!) CD USD $3.98 Buy It Now 1 day
8 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by 38 SPECIAL caught up in you ROCK ARENA new tape USD $3.88 [0 bids]
Robbie Williams (Take That) Swings Both Ways Live Tour 2014 LG Arena Flyer x 2 USD $3.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at the Metro Arena Newcastle by UB40 (CD, Jun-2010, Ais) USD $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA - PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 NM! USD $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ABBA Live At Wembley Arena 2CD NEW USD $36.93 Buy It Now 1 day
1984 NEW WAVE ROCK Duran Duran Arena Orig Release Live LP VG+/VG+ @ USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Live Phish Vol. 1: 12/14/95, Broome County Arena, Binghamton, New York USD $65.88 Buy It Now 1 day
YOU ME AT SIX - FINAL NIGHT OF SIN: LIVE FROM WEMBLEY ARENA NEW CD USD $27.06 Buy It Now 2 days
KATIE MELUA - 2008: LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA NEW CD USD $25.72 Buy It Now 2 days
W-inds. Fly High Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD Ver.C?LIVE AT YOKOHAMA ARENA? USD $18.79 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (2 CD) INDONESIA Edition 2014 SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : LG Arena Birmingham 2 CDS USD $23.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : O2 Arena London 2 CDS USD $23.58 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA Live At Wembley Arena Promo Banner USD $45.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Tina Arena "Symphony Of Life" Australian CD Single Very Rare From Album Just Me USD $7.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Duran Duran Arena Live LP 1984 EMS-91095 Gatefold Vinyl Record USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mayday DNA Live World Tour Taipei Arena Taiwan 2-CD+DVD USD $108.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Led Zeppelin / Long Beach Arena Fragment - Live 1975 ORG *L USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JAPAN NO BARCODE RARE- Duran Duran - Arena CD (1984 Live Around The World) USD $10.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Evanescence Bring Me To Paris (live) USD $10.77 [0 bids]
USD $26.66 Buy It Now
Madness Live at O2 Arena 2007 2CD set, RARE Limited edition, Lucky Strike Recs USD $28.31 [0 bids]
A.F.I. I HEARD A VOICE LIVE FROM LONG BEACH ARENA CD NEW USD $14.78 Buy It Now 2 days
DURAN DURAN -(LP)- ARENA RECORDED AROUND THE WORLD - 1984 - LIVE- CAPITOL-1984 USD $11.00 [0 bids]
USD $14.30 Buy It Now
Pet Shop Boys Pandemonium Live, The O2 Arena, London 21/12/2009 2010 CD + DVD USD $10.95 [1 bids]
AFI "I Heard A Voice" Live From Long Beach Arena new unopened CD USD $3.88 [0 bids]
QUEEN LIVE CASSETTE - SEATTLE ARENA USA 13.3.1977 USD $1.56 [0 bids]
BEATLES-On Stage in Japan Judo Arena-Rock Live Near Mint Vinyl LP USD $24.99 [0 bids]
RUSSELL PETERS - GREEN CARD TOUR: LIVE FROM THE O2 ARENA NEW DVD USD $36.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Hard House: Live at the Legendary Arena DJ Irene CD USD $10.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
10 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by 38 SPECIAL caught up in you ROCK ARENA new CD USD $6.78 [0 bids]
GIANNA NANNINI - IO E TE: ARENA LIVE (BONUS) (DVD) NEW CD USD $21.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE MANEKEN: LIVE AT ARENA CONCERT PLAZA CD+DVD NEW 2012 USD $17.60 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles live at the judo arena. Picture disc. 1000 copies. USD $9.99 [2 bids]
Locnville - Sun in my Pocket - Arena Tour Live South African DVD USD $24.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - Live@Wembley Arena 29/10/1989 2CD VERY RARE ABWH USD $100.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BLUR The Best Of 2000 Taiwan w/obi 2-CD+Promo 16-P+Live At Wembley Arena New USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Arena Concerto live in Verona Naples & Rome by ENNIO MORRICONE (2 CD, 2007 DRG) USD $11.13 Buy It Now 3 days
FORTUNE & FIYA - LIVE AT THE ARENA NEW DVD USD $13.94 Buy It Now 3 days
R.E.M. REM 15/06/05 Hallam Arena, Sheffield (Large Live Photo Set) USD $1.56 [0 bids]
Lenny Kravitz Into The Arena - Live In Zurich 1996 CD USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Morrissey Wembley Arena 20th July 1991 Live LP Vinyl Album Record The Smiths USD $16.50 [2 bids]
Live At the London O2 Arena - Ub40 New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $26.49 Buy It Now 3 days
DURAN DURAN - ARENA - LIVE CD W/BONUS TRACKS! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Pink - Live From Wembley Arena (DVD, 2007) USD $6.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Pet Shop Boys Pandemonium Live The O2 Arena London 21/12/2009, 2010 CD + DVD NEW USD $10.95 [1 bids]
Live At Wembley Arena - Bad Company USD $15.50 Buy It Now 4 days
ABBA**1979: LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA**CD USD $26.50 Buy It Now 4 days
LP BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN "LIVE! KEMPER MEMORIAL ARENA 1984 " LIMITED EDITION USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pandemonium-live At the O2 Arena London-12/21/2009 - Pet Shop Boys New USD $31.77 Buy It Now 4 days
ABBA Live At Wembley Arena TRIPLE LP 25 Track Triple In Fold Out Sleeve 40th Ann USD $50.95 Buy It Now 4 days
1981 Beatles Live At The Judo Arena LP, LE picture disc USD $39.99 [0 bids]
USD $60.00 Buy It Now
DURAN DURAN ARENA LIVE VINYL LP USD $5.00 [0 bids]
I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena USD $19.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena, London, 21st December 2009 [CD+DVD] USD $25.03 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at the O2 Arena USD $14.05 Buy It Now 4 days
Live At Saitama Super Arena - Original Soundtrack USD $20.10 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DISCO BISCUITS !!-DISCO BISCUITS-LIVE BOOTS-DOBSON ICE ARENA-1/19/08 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Led Zeppelin Live At London's Arena December 20, 2007 USD $3.00 [1 bids]
HARD HOUSE LIVE at the legendary Arena featuring DJ IRENE-Tony B/DJ Orlando+more USD $25.74 [0 bids]
USD $275.28 Buy It Now
ABBA LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA COMPLETE JAPAN 2 SHM CD NEW UICY-15344 USD $36.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live At McNichols Arena November 29,1989 Sealed USD $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PINK: LIVE FROM WEMBLEY ARENA (THE PLATINUM COLLECTION) (2007) NEW DVD USD $9.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Duran Duran - Arena (Live Recording, 2004) USD $6.28 Buy It Now 5 days
Simple Minds - Greatest Hits Live At London O2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD New USD $12.57 Buy It Now 5 days
BAD COMPANY**LIVE IN THE UK - WEMBLEY ARENA**2-CD SET USD $16.73 Buy It Now 5 days
Girls Aloud- The Greatest Hits Live From Wembley Arena [2006] [DVD] DVD USD $21.01 Buy It Now 5 days
HALFORD**LIVE AT SAITAMA SUPER ARENA**CD USD $12.58 Buy It Now 5 days
ENNIO MORRICONE**ARENA CONCERTO: LIVE (W/FOLD-OUT POSTER)**2 CD SET USD $10.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Live At The London O2 Arena 0803341346659, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $28.01 Buy It Now 5 days
YESSHOWS - WORLD TOUR 1977 - LIVE AT THE LONG BEACH ARENA - RARE COLLECTOR ISSUE USD $22.99 Buy It Now 5 days
UB40 - Live - Recorded Live at the London O2 Arena, London. December 12, 2009 USD $14.07 [0 bids]
GRATEFUL DEAD LIVE CONCERT RECORDINGS MUNCKMIX NEW YEARS EVE OAKLAND ARENA 6 CD USD $135.00 Buy It Now 5 days
UB40 - LIVE AT BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA (UK) NEW CD USD $28.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Pink: Live From Wembley Arena (The Platinum Collection) = NEW DVM-Music USD $11.28 Buy It Now 5 days
BON JOVI Live 2 10" Picture Disc LP RSD Brand New Copy Arena Rock USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Live at the O2 Arena by Katie Melua (CD, May-2009, Universal Import) USD $8.21 Buy It Now 6 days
Status Quo - The Frantic Four's Final Fling: Live At The Dublin 02 Arena [2LP] USD $31.50 Buy It Now 6 days
TINA ARENA SYMPHONY OF LIFE C.D. NEW USD $6.53 Buy It Now 6 days
ABBA - Live At Wembley Arena: 40th Anniversary - 3xLP USD $46.64 Buy It Now 6 days
Abba, Live at Wembley Arena, NEW/MINT Ltd edition triple vinyl LP set USD $55.05 Buy It Now 6 days
VINTAGE DURAN DURAN ALBUMS! WILD BOYS & ARENA 1984 ALBUM SINGLE & LIVE ALBUM USD $2.50 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
PSB Pet Shop Boys Pandemonium Live O2 Arena CD/DVD New Shrinkwrapped USD $16.12 Buy It Now 6 days
Gianna Nannini - Io E Te Arena Live [CD New] USD $12.76 Buy It Now 6 days
Tina Arena - Symphony Of Life [CD New] USD $20.49 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33213) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#125944) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2007

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "