LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012
Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]
Verglas Music
TINA ARENA LIVE CD + DVD THE LOOK OF LOVE BABY ITS YOU BRAND NEW NEVER PLAYED USD $22.66 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Stevie Wonder : Live At Wembley Arena Article & Picture(s) USD $7.73 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Rush live concert Newcastle Metro Arena 5th October 2007 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 10h 19m
ABBA Live At Wembley Arena TRIPLE LP 25 Track Triple In Fold Out Sleeve 40th Ann USD $50.06 Buy It Now 10h 32m
Rush live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 12th October 2007 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 10h 32m
Rush live concert Manchester MEN Arena 14th October 2007 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 10h 49m
Live Phish Vol. 1: 12/14/95, Broome County Arena, Binghamton, New York USD $74.44 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Cure B 'Ham N.E.C. Arena Dec 87 (FM Radio) UK Cassette LIVE USD $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 Cardiff Motorpoint Arena USD $26.57 [0 bids]
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 London O2 Arena USD $11.11 [0 bids]
88 STING ARENA PROMO Vinyl Record Double Live in Verona LP Holland IMPORT POLICE USD $65.00 Buy It Now 15h 49m
ADRIANO CELENTANO. Live At Arena Di Verona 2012 (CD+DVD Digipak) +USA SELLER+ USD $13.95 Buy It Now 19h 56m
Abba 'Live At Wembley Arena' (Pre Order 2CD) USD $26.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #44 Las Vegas 06/06/2003 MGM Grand Arena USD $9.99 [1 bids]
WET WET WET,THE TIMELESS TOUR,2007,LIVE 2,CDS,SHEFFIELD ARENA,6TH DECEMBER 2007 USD $24.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Abba - Live At Wembley Arena 2 CD ALBUM NEW/ MINT (29TH SEPT) USD $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Live: 16-6-00 Spodek Arena - Katowice, Poland by Pearl Jam (CD, Sep-2000, 2... USD $11.11 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE PHIL COLLINS LIVE IN FRANCE NIMES ARENA 2004 NEWSPAPER (GENESIS) NO CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Cult live concert Wembley Arena London 26 November 1991 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Live: 20-6-00 Arena - Verona, Italy by Pearl Jam CD, Sep-2000, 2 Discs VG+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1981 Beatles Live At The Judo Arena LP, LE picture disc USD $24.99 [0 bids]
USD $53.00 Buy It Now
GEORGE HARRISON US Tour 1974 Let's Hear One For Lord Budda Live Long Beach Arena USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Live At Birmingham Lg Arena - 2 DISC SET - Ub40 (2010, CD New) USD $19.35 Buy It Now 1 day
DEPECHE MODE:A New Position-Luxembourg 2 LPS Live Wembley Arena Nov.19-1990 PCV USD $64.98 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN DURAN - ARENA - LIVE CD W/BONUS TRACKS! USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BAD COMPANY - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA NEW CD USD $19.05 Buy It Now 1 day
YESSHOWS - WORLD TOUR 1977 - LIVE AT THE LONG BEACH ARENA - RARE COLLECTOR ISSUE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ABBA Live At Wembley Arena 2CD - Made In EU USD $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1984 NEW WAVE ROCK Duran Duran Arena Orig Release Live LP VG+/VG+ @ USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Status Quo The Frantic Four's Final Fling Live At Dublin O2 Arena Mexican 2CD USD $20.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LP DURAN DURAN ARENA **LIVE ALBUM** **EXC VINYL** 329 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE: Greatest Hits: Live by Tina Arena (CD/DVD, Oct-2005, Sony/Columbia) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
70s Pop ABBA live at wembley arena 1979 UK Triple Heavy Vinyl LP MINT USD $26.26 [0 bids]
UB40 - LIVE (AT THE LONDON O2 ARENA) - CLCD255 USD $20.94 Buy It Now 2 days
RONAN KEATING - LIVE 2013 (02 ARENA LONDON) - CLCD508 USD $21.90 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA PICTURE DISC LP VERY RARE! 0012 USD $99.97 Buy It Now 2 days
KATIE MELUA Live at the O2 Arena Digipack CD UK / EUROPE Cat# DRAMCD0051 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Katie Melua - Live At The O2 Arena NEW CD USD $10.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Vaughan, Stevie Ray - Live At McNichols Arena - Blues Vinyl LP-Records USD $25.33 Buy It Now 2 days
GIANNA NANNINI - IO E TE: ARENA LIVE [BONUS DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $9.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Simple Minds - Celebrate + Live at O2 Arena, London 2 CD 30.11.13 Greatest Hits USD $13.83 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA PICTURE DISC LP VERY RARE! FREE SHIPPING! USD $275.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LED ZEPPELIN CELEBRATION DAY SEALED 2 CD SET NEW 2012 LIVE 02 ARENA LONDON 2007 USD $9.54 Buy It Now 2 days
Status Quo live at wembley arena 2013 rare 3 copies juniors wailing / rain USD $100.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SIMPLE MINDS - Live At Manchester Arena, 28/11/13 CD X2 Greatest Hits USD $4.17 [3 bids]
DURAN DURAN LP Arena live 1984 Capitol USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DURAN DURAN VINYL arena :LP Live Record 1984 MASTERDISK Vg+Vg+ w/ BOOKLET USD $20.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN ALIVE + Live At McNichols Arena & Tingley Coliseum LP's + CD USD $212.49 Buy It Now 2 days
JAMALA(Eurovisioun-11)-CD +DVD(PAL)For Every Heart.Live At Arena Concert Plaza USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
REO SPEEDWAGON-life as we know it-BRUCE HALL-arena-rock USD $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Symphony Of Life - Arena,Tina (2012, CD New) USD $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Melua,Katie - Live At The 02 Arena (CD New) USD $11.91 Buy It Now 3 days
UB40 - Live (At The London O2 Arena) (NEW CD) USD $9.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Manbreak - Live @ The Arena Middlesbrough Promo Item USD $1.53 [0 bids]
JUSTICE - Access All Arenas: Live July 19th 2012 Les Arenes De Nimas - CD USD $16.60 Buy It Now 3 days
Katie Melua - Live At The 02 Arena [CD New] USD $13.27 Buy It Now 3 days
Vaughan, Stevie Ray - Live At McNichols Arena - Blues Vinyl LP-Records USD $28.24 Buy It Now 3 days
UB40 - LIVE AT THE LONDON O2 ARENA [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD USD $7.71 Buy It Now 3 days
I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena by AFI (CD, Nov-2007, Interscope... USD $7.20 Buy It Now 3 days
WASP W.A.S.P. LIVE...ANIMAL Cassette Single @Long Beach Arena 1987 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Slip Double: UB40 : Live O2 Arena London 2009 2 CDs USD $13.12 [0 bids]
Ronan Keating Live 2013 (02 Arena, London) CD USD $17.65 Buy It Now 3 days
Slip Double: Kasabian : Live 2011 O2 Arena London Limited Ed 5000 USD $34.76 Buy It Now 3 days
INXS live concert at Manchester NYNEX Arena 13th June 1997 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
THE CURE ENTREAT 1990 CD RECORDED LIVE AT THE LONDON WEMBLEY ARENA IN JULY 1989 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
INXS live concert at Sheffield Arena 15th of June 1997 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
INXS live concert at Birmingham NEC Arena 17th of June 1997 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
INXS live concert at Wembley Arena London 18th June 1997 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
INXS live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 26th 27th June 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
INXS live concert Wembley Arena London 24th 25th June 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
The Cure live concert at Sheffield Arena 13th December 1996 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
The Cure live concert at Cardiff Arena 9th of December 1996 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ Forever Live 2-CD's 2005 Progressive Rock Arena / Flower Kings BRAND NEW USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
UB40 - Live - Recorded Live at the London O2 Arena, London. December 12, 2009 USD $14.07 [0 bids]
Symphony of Life [Bonus DVD] by Tina Arena (CD, Nov-2012, Ais) USD $16.81 Buy It Now 3 days
ARENA,TINA-SYMPHONY OF LIFE (BONUS DVD) (PAL0) CD NEW USD $32.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Tina Arena - Symphony Of Life CD USD $34.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Katie Melua - Live At The 02 Arena CD USD $24.39 Buy It Now 4 days
IRON MAIDEN motorpoint arena 24th july 2011 ticket uk live nation 2011 used tick USD $8.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Bad Company - Live At Wembley Arena CD USD $19.39 Buy It Now 4 days
ABBA - Live At Wembley Arena (Live Recording) (2xCD 2014) NEW & SEALED USD $20.07 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIANO-CELENTANO-ADRIANO-LIVE-CD+DVD-PAL-IL-CONCERTO-ARENA-DI-VERONA USD $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day 2CDs (NEW & SEALED) Live 2007 O2 Arena USD $10.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Metallica Live In San Diego CA Sports Arena 1-14-92 2 Cassette Tapes 1992 Metal USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DURAN DURAN - ARENA (ORIGINAL 1984 10-TRACK 'LIVE' CD) USD $2.32 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA - PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 NM! USD $89.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PEARL JAM LIVE 16-6-00 Spodek Arena - Katowice, Poland (2000) 2 Discs E VEDDER USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at Wembley Arena [LP] by ABBA (Vinyl, Sep-2014, 3 Discs, Polydor) USD $40.96 Buy It Now 4 days
The Frantic Four's Final Fling: Live at the Dublin O2 Arena by Status Quo... USD $11.72 Buy It Now 4 days
AFI I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena (CD 2003) (A Fire Inside) USD $9.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Abba Live at Wembley Arena 40 Anniversary 2CD New Nuevo ORIGINAL High Quality USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live at McNichols Arena in Denver Clear Vinyl / Record / LP USD $20.86 Buy It Now 5 days
KATIE MELUA - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA - 0802987014922 USD $13.12 Buy It Now 5 days
Magnum live at Birmingham NEC Arena16th of December 1988 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 5 days
Pearl Jam - Live: 20-6-00 Arena - Verona, Italy ~ NEW 2-CD Set (2000, 2 Discs) USD $43.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Tina Arena Reset (Australia) (Feat Reset All & You Set Fire To My Life) CD - New USD $11.30 Buy It Now 5 days
GRATEFUL DEAD LIVE IMPORT 2-CD SET L. A. SPORTS ARENA 12/15/94 + BACKSTAGE PASS USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
AC/DC live concert Wembley Arena London 16th January 1986 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 5 days
AC/DC live concert Wembley Arena London 17th January 1986 A4 size poster print USD $23.17 Buy It Now 5 days
Live: 04-6-00 Manchester Evening News Arena - Manchester, England by Pearl... USD $21.50 [0 bids]
0 result found for "ARENA"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33213) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#125944) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2007

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "