LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012
Live & Life by Arena (2012-04-03)Live & Life by Arena (2012-04-03)
Imports
Quicksilver Live at Winterland Arena 1970 (Clear Vinyl + CD) New USD $21.71 Buy It Now 5h 36m
KATIE MELUA - 2008: LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA (UK) NEW CD USD $28.59 Buy It Now 8h 16m
UB40 - LIVE AT THE LONDON 02 ARENA NEW CD USD $22.39 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Pink: Live from Wembley Arena - London, England - DVD Region 2 Brand New Free Sh USD $11.24 Buy It Now 15h 26m
RUSSELL PETERS - GREEN CARD TOUR: LIVE FROM THE O2 ARENA NEW DVD USD $42.72 Buy It Now 16h
AT THE ARENA OV AION-LIVE NEW CD USD $13.73 Buy It Now 19h 47m
LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA [KATIE MELUA] NEW CD USD $10.46 Buy It Now 19h 54m
LIVE AT BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA NEW CD USD $23.44 Buy It Now 20h 18m
LIVE 2013: THE 02 ARENA, LONDON 26.01.2013 [DIGIPAK] * NEW CD USD $26.62 Buy It Now 21h 45m
THE FRANTIC FOUR'S FINAL FLING: LIVE AT THE DUBLIN O2 ARENA NEW CD USD $14.84 Buy It Now 22h 16m
LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA * [602537928644] NEW CD USD $18.80 Buy It Now 22h 16m
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Live at Brendan Byrne Arena N.Y. 1984 LP Vinyl USD $39.99 Buy It Now 23h 18m
Pink - Live At Wembley Arena DVD Region 4 - New & Sealed! USD $13.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Extreme live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 13 December 1992 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Extreme live concert Sheffield Arena 15th of December 1992 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Lou Reed live concert Wembley Arena London 8th of May 1996 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena - Live-The Onstage Collection [CD New] USD $21.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Offer! Kylie Minogue Cd Rare Live From 02 Arena 2012 Exclusive Brazil Slow USD $9.90 Buy It Now 1 day
GIANNA NANNINI - IO E TE: ARENA LIVE (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $22.97 Buy It Now 1 day
YOU ME AT SIX - FINAL NIGHT OF SIN: LIVE FROM WEMBLEY ARENA NEW CD USD $30.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Linkin Park - In the End Live & Rare Japan CD import Docklands Arena, London NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KISS - Live At Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland, 2008 CD X2 USD $11.57 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Double: Abba : Live At Wembley Arena 1979 : Complete Concert 2 CDs Sealed USD $19.37 [0 bids]
Queen, Live Killers, Elektra Records BB-702, 1979, 2 LPs, Gate, Glam Rock, Arena USD $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA [HORSLIPS] NEW CD USD $16.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Phish-Live Phish 11 - 11.17.97 McNichols Sports Arena Denver Colorado USD $15.00 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA - SYMPHONY OF LIFE NEW CD USD $15.12 Buy It Now 1 day
QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE - LIVE AT WINTERLAND ARENA (BONUS CD) NEW VINYL USD $39.86 Buy It Now 2 days
GREATEST HITS - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (EUROPEAN IM NEW DVD USD $7.65 Buy It Now 2 days
BEHEMOTH-AT THE ARENA OV AION-LIVE APOSTASY-17 TRACK DIGIPAK CD + BOOKLET-2008 USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Slip Double: Steps : Live ! 2012 London O2 Arena USD $13.75 Buy It Now 2 days
TINA ARENA LIVE THE ONSTAGE COLLECTION CD & DVD ALL REGIONS NEW USD $16.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Fleetwood Mac live concert Manchester Arena 3 December 2003 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Fleetwood Mac live concert Newcastle Arena 22 November 2003 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 2 days
PINK Live From Wembley Arena DVD 21 Track (88697063869) EUROPEAN Laface 2007 USD $13.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Live at the Metro Arena Newcastle by UB40 (CD, Jun-2010, Ais) USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena by AFI (CD, 2007) FACTORY SEALED USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Phish, Live Phish Vol. 1: 12/14/95, Broome County Arena, Binghamton, New York Au USD $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ENNIO MORRICONE - ARENA CONCERTO-ESSENTIAL LIVE 2 CD USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Tina Arena Live for the one I love Soda club mixes promo USD $7.24 [0 bids]
The B52s - Live At London IndigO2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD - New & Unplayed USD $7.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Duran Duran LIVE Arena 12" LP 1984 NEAR MINT vinyl SWAV 12374 FREE US SHIPPING USD $11.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey live concert Nottingham Trent FM Arena 27 June 2008 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA VINYL 3xLP SEALED NEW USD $46.08 Buy It Now 2 days
W-inds. Fly High Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD Ver.C?LIVE AT YOKOHAMA ARENA? USD $18.79 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert Wembley Arena London 23rd October 1983 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
KISS - Live At Mannheim SAP Arena CD X2 USD $11.57 Buy It Now 3 days
KISS - Live At Vallhall Arena, Oslo CD X2 USD $11.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Lionel Richie - Live At Wembley Arena (2004) - Used - Compact Disc USD $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Champion of the World live Wembly Arena CD .SHIPPING .ALWAYS FAST .ALWAYS FREE. USD $5.78 Buy It Now 3 days
Mayday DNA Live World Tour Taipei Arena Taiwan 2-CD+DVD USD $108.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Ub40 - Live At The London O2 Arena [CD New] USD $14.36 Buy It Now 3 days
THE CURE live at WEMBLEY arena LONDON uk CD ENTREAT rare GERMAN release 8 tracks USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Meat Loaf live concert Wembley Arena London 1st March 1987 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Meat Loaf live concert Wembley Arena London 2nd March 1987 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
JUSTICE Access All Arenas DOUBLE LP 14 Track Live Double Lp With Poster And Cd USD $38.23 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA - PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 NM! USD $74.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Bee Gees live concert Wembley Arena London 15th June 1989 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Bee Gees live concert Wembley Arena London 14th June 1989 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Bee Gees live concerts Wembley Arena London 14 15 June 1989 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Simple Minds - Greatest Hits Live At London O2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD New USD $10.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Arena Concerto: Ennio Morricone, 2 CDs 2011, Good Bad & Ugly, West, LIVE, IMPORT USD $7.50 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN BRANHAM STARNES ARENA LIVE , JOHN STARNES LP VINYL 33, SEALED USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
UB40 - Live At O2 Arena London 12.12.2009 - 2 CD Album USD $17.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Elton John - The Red Piano - Live Ahoy Arena Rotterdam 17.10.2009 - 3 CD Album USD $36.21 Buy It Now 4 days
Simply Red Souvenir Programme - The Spirit Of Life - NEC Arena Birmingham 2000 USD $4.35 [0 bids]
MOTLEY CRUE she goes down WORLD TOUR 1989+LIVE IN LONDON WEMBLEY ARENA 1989 2CD USD $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KEANE "LIVE O2 ARENA, LONDON 2007" THAI PROMO DVD RARE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Duran Duran Arena Live Gatefold Album With 8 Page Colour Booklet Vinyl LP USD $9.56 Buy It Now 4 days
LED ZEPPELIN hey ahmet,we did it LIVE Arena London,10th December 2007 2CD PROMO USD $16.99 [0 bids]
LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $27.97 Buy It Now 4 days
The Frantic Four's Final Fling: Live at the Dublin O2 Arena by Status Quo... USD $27.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at Wembley Arena [LP] by ABBA (Vinyl, Sep-2014, 3 Discs, Polydor) USD $53.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Skid Row live concert at London Arena 22nd of November 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Skid Row live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 20 November 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Skid Row live concert Birmingham NEC Arena 21 November 1991 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Arena Concerto live in Verona Naples & Rome by ENNIO MORRICONE (2 CD, 2007 DRG) USD $9.37 Buy It Now 4 days
Tim Minchin & the Heritage Orchestra Recorded Live, Manchester Arena UK by... USD $15.51 Buy It Now 4 days
Bombay Bicycle Club DVD Live 2014 Reading Festival Berlin Arena Kexp Radio Rare USD $15.93 Buy It Now 4 days
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : LG Arena Birmingham 2 CDS USD $22.13 [0 bids]
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : O2 Arena London 2 CDs USD $22.13 [0 bids]
Live at Wembley Arena [LP] by ABBA (Vinyl, Sep-2014, 3 Discs, Polydor) USD $45.00 [0 bids]
ADRIANO CELENTANO - Live - Il Concerto Arena Di Verona (CD+DVD) Digipak Sealed USD $6.69 Buy It Now 4 days
Kiss live concert at Birmingham NEC Arena 26 September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Kiss live concert at Birmingham NEC Arena 27 September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Genesis live concert Manchester NYNEX Arena 28 January 1998 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Arena Live Album by Duran Duran (Capitol Records), Very Good, Free Shipping! USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kiss live concert at Wembley Arena London 24 September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Kiss live concert at Wembley Arena London 25 September 1988 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Genesis live concert at Newcastle Arena 30th January 1998 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 4 days
LIVE AT SAITAMA SUPER ARENA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $16.46 Buy It Now 4 days
LIVE AT SAITAMA SUPER ARENA NEW CD USD $19.49 Buy It Now 4 days
DEPECHE MODE LIVE CD ARENA COLOGNE 1998 DAVE GAHAN MARTIN GORE RARE BOOTLEG MIX USD $55.00 [0 bids]
Genesis live concert at Newcastle Arena 30th January 1998 A4 size poster print USD $21.71 Buy It Now 5 days
Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena, London, 21st December 2009 [CD+DVD] USD $25.29 Buy It Now 5 days
ABBA - Live at Wembley Arena 79 [Digipak] 2 CD 2014 Polydor) BRAND NEW MINT RARE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIVE DOUBLE DISC- BOSTON ARENA 1970 USD $19.95 [0 bids]
Queen ?Live Magic CASSETTE ALBUM EMI 24 0675 4 Arena Rock Classic Rock Holland USD $13.04 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA PICTURE DISC LP VERY RARE! 0012 USD $99.97 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or £.

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "