LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012
Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]Live And Life [2 CD + 1 DVD] by Arena [Music CD]
Verglas Music
HORSLIPS - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA [HORSLIPS] - NEW CD USD $27.83 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Tony Cetinski - Live In Arena Zagreb - Furia Tour 2009. - DVD + 2 CD's USD $16.00 [0 bids]
USD $32.00 Buy It Now
7h
Arena by Duran Duran Audio Music Cassette Live 1984 USD $5.11 Buy It Now 9h 6m
ABBA - Live at Wembley Arena 3-LP New SEALED 180 gram vinyl USD $49.99 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Britney Spears live concert O2 Arena London 27 October 2011 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #34 Albany New York 4/29/03 Pepsi Arena USD $37.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BLUR The Best Of 2000 Taiwan w/obi 2-CD+Promo 16-P+Live At Wembley Arena New USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 London O2 Arena USD $18.55 [0 bids]
MORRISSEY AND THE SMITHS live at Wembley Arena Aftershow Party flyer LONDON USD $1.49 Buy It Now 1 day
JAPAN NO BARCODE RARE- Duran Duran - Arena CD (1984 Live Around The World) USD $7.47 Buy It Now 1 day
BAD COMPANY**LIVE IN THE UK - WEMBLEY ARENA**2-CD SET USD $16.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage SEALED Duran Duran "Arena" Album Vinyl Record 1984 LIVE Booklet RARE NEW USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Gary Moore live concert Wembley Arena London 12 March 1989 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #9 Melbourne 02/20/2003 Rod Laver Arena 10 Club USD $25.99 [0 bids]
USD $33.99 Buy It Now
Gary Moore live concert Birmingham Int. Arena 11 March 1989 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 1 day
UB40 - Live - Recorded Live at the London O2 Arena, London. December 12, 2009 USD $14.07 [0 bids]
GRATEFUL DEAD LIVE CONCERT RECORDINGS MUNCKMIX NEW YEARS EVE OAKLAND ARENA 6 CD USD $85.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN-A MOMENT OF TRUTH-LIVE AT SPORTS ARENA L.A. 8/28/1981 USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #20 Milan Italy 6/22/00 FILA Forum Arena New USD $17.99 [0 bids]
USD $23.99 Buy It Now
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #7 Glasgow, Scotland 6/03/2000 SE + CC Arena USD $17.99 [0 bids]
USD $23.99 Buy It Now
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #64 San Diego 10/25/00 SD Sports Arena USD $17.99 [0 bids]
USD $23.99 Buy It Now
88 STING ARENA PROMO Vinyl Record Double Live in Verona LP Holland IMPORT POLICE USD $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LP-DURAN DURAN/ARENA/LIVE'84,CAPITOL/GTFLD,INNER/EX/VG+ USD $1.19 [0 bids]
Abba, Live at Wembley Arena, NEW/MINT Ltd edition triple vinyl LP set USD $52.20 Buy It Now 2 days
AC/DC - Muscles and missiles - 2-LP Live Wembley Arena 1988 USD $23.00 [5 bids]
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #9 Melbourne 02/20/2003 Rod Laver Arena Ten Club USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #9 Melbourne 02/20/2003 Rod Laver Arena 10 Club USD $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert at Manchester Arena 21st of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
RADIOHEAD Karma In The Arena Live 2000 2CD'S USD $11.92 [0 bids]
Queen live concert Leeds First Direct Arena 20 January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert Nottingham FM Arena 24th of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert at Birmingham Arena 23rd of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Luna Live by Luna (CD, Jul-2005, Arena Rock) Free Ship #FI31 USD $6.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Live: 30-5-00 Wembley Arena - London, England by Pearl Jam (CD, Sep-2000, 2... USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert at Liverpool Echo Arena 26 February 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert at Sheffield Arena 27th of February 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Duran Duran - Arena (Live Recording, 2004) | BRAND NEW & SEALED CD USD $11.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Ronan Keating ( Boyzone ) - Live At London O2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD - New USD $11.92 Buy It Now 2 days
The B52s - Live At London IndigO2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD - New & Unplayed USD $11.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Steps - Live At London O2 Arena 2012 - 2 CD - New & Unplayed USD $10.43 Buy It Now 2 days
DJ IRENE - HARD HOUSE: LIVE AT THE LEGENDARY ARENA NEW CD USD $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert Liverpool Echo Arena 26th February 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
YESSHOWS - WORLD TOUR 1977 - LIVE AT THE LONG BEACH ARENA - RARE COLLECTOR ISSUE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert at Newcastle Arena 13th of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert at Nottingham FM Arena 24th January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert Birmingham Arena 23rd of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Recorded Live Manchester Arena UK, Minchin, Tim, Good Import USD $27.50 Buy It Now 2 days
RONAN KEATING LIVE UK 2013 BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA 25.01.2013 New 2 CD Boyzone Fires USD $22.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Pink-Live At Wembley Arena-Region Free-DVD-Brand New USD $11.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Tina Arena Live Greatest Hits Best Of CD - Like New USD $9.84 Buy It Now 2 days
DJ Irene Hardhouse Live At Legendary ArenaMinty CD New Case Free Ship USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Gianna Nannini - Io E Te Arena Live CD USD $20.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 Cardiff Motorpoint Arena USD $25.12 [0 bids]
Slip Double: UB40 : Live O2 Arena London 2009 2 CDs USD $22.28 [0 bids]
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 London O2 Arena USD $10.20 [0 bids]
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (2 CD) - NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
BEYONCE - 2007 TOUR FLYER - GENUINE RARE LIVE CONCERT ARENA MUSIC SHOW PROMO USD $7.43 Buy It Now 3 days
PATTY PRAVO "LIVE: ARENA DI VERONA: SOLD OUT" USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Marilyn Manson live concert London Arena 24th January 2001 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Live at the Arena DVD Region 1, NTSC USD $9.47 Buy It Now 3 days
RONAN KEATING - LIVE 2013: THE 02 ARENA, LONDON 26.01.2013 - NEW CD BOXSET USD $23.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Kiss live concert Wembley Arena London 23rd October 1983 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 3 days
DURAN DURAN - ARENA - LIVE CD W/BONUS TRACKS! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
NEW Live At The O2 Arena by Katie Melua CD (CD) USD $16.20 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Live At Saitama Super Arena by Halford CD (CD) USD $22.77 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Live At Wembley Arena CD (Vinyl) USD $37.10 Buy It Now 3 days
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA, 2 CD set only, No Art or case, EU Import USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Tina Arena - Live For The One I Love - Columbia #40692 USD $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Dj Irene - Hard House: Live At The Legendary Arena CD USD $16.59 Buy It Now 3 days
TINA ARENA SYMPHONY OF LIFE 2 CD NEW USD $18.89 Buy It Now 4 days
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA: 2CD ALBUM SET (September 29th 2014) USD $19.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Kasabian -Live! O2 Arena, London 14/12/2011 2CDs Ltd Edition USD $7.44 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin Live - Complete Earl's Court Arena '75 - Immigrant USD $90.00 [0 bids]
MOTLEY CRUE she goes down WORLD TOUR 1989+LIVE IN LONDON WEMBLEY ARENA 1989 2CD USD $159.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Japan W-inds. Fly High ??? C 2012 Taiwan w/obi CD+DVD New LIVE AT YOKOHAMA ARENA USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BAD COMPANY-LIVE (AT WEMBLEY ARENA)-CD (3) PLASTIC HEAD NEW USD $9.39 Buy It Now 4 days
* GARTH BROOKS - Double Live (REUNION ARENA 1991) 2CD SET USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DURAN DURAN "ARENA" SWAV-12374 LIVE CONCERTS 1984 12" GATEFOLD LP EX CONDITION USD $4.48 Buy It Now 4 days
GRATEFUL DEAD - LIVE CONCERT RECORDINGS OAKLAND ARENA- DEC 30 & NEW YEARS-CD USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Led Zeppelin LIVE 3 CD Kezar Stadium San Francisco California 1973 Outdoor Arena USD $28.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Tina Arena RARE AUSSIE 5 TRACK TOUR CD "WASN'T IT GOOD " W/- 3 LIVE TRACKS USD $6.14 Buy It Now 4 days
Duran Duran live concert Sheffield Arena 7th September 1993 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 4 days
AFI I Heard a Voice: Live from Long Beach Arena SEALED CD USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Duran Duran live concert Cardiff Arena 13th September 1993 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 4 days
Tina Arena - Symphony Of Life 4 Track CD Single USD $6.14 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at the O2 Arena 0802987014922, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $17.11 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIANO CELENTANO - ADRIANO LIVE-CD+DVD (PAL) -IL CONCERTO-ARENA DI VERONA -NEW USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Live At Wembley Arena [3LP] USD $84.06 Buy It Now 4 days
Jamala: For Every Heart. Live At Arena Concert Plaza [cd+dvd][2012] USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JUSTICE LP x 2 + CD Access All Arenas LIVE 2012 + Poster SEALED New Double Vinyl USD $44.67 Buy It Now 5 days
SIMPLE MINDS - CELEBRATE THE GREATEST HITS+ TOUR 2013 Live 2 CD MANCHESTER ARENA USD $25.34 Buy It Now 5 days
Mayday DNA Live World Tour Live Taipei Arena Taiwan 2-CD USD $27.68 Buy It Now 5 days
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $25.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen live concert at Manchester Arena 21st January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 5 days
KATIE MELUA - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA [KATIE MELUA] - NEW CD USD $7.76 Buy It Now 5 days
Queen live concert at Leeds Arena 20th of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $22.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Tina Arena, You set fire to my life Promo CD Single USD $4.46 [0 bids]
Queen - Live Magic LP. Gatefold 12" Vinyl U.K 1986. Rock/Hard/Classic/Arena USD $7.44 [0 bids]
PET SHOP BOYS-ELECTRIC LIVE TOUR 02 ARENA PROMO FLYER X 1-THURSDAY USD $3.36 [0 bids]
Climax Blues Band FM Live Vinyl Double LP Arena Rock SAS-2-7411 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
0 result found for "ARENA"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "