LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012

Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas ... USD $14.39 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Duran Duran - Arena (live album) on vinyl. Gatefold sleeve with booklet USD $2.64 [2 bids]
ABBA Live at Wembley Arena 3 LP vinyl GATEFOLD 1979 concert DANCING QUEEN USD $89.00 [0 bids]
Duran Duran, Arena, Excellent Live, Original recording reissue USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
BARREN CROSS Atomic Arena cassette tape Christian metal 1988 pro-life USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 6m
TINA ARENA Burn CD European Columbia 1998 3 Track B/W Heaven Help My Heart Live USD $6.75 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Pearl Jam Live 2 CD Set #19 6/20/00 Arena Di Verona Verona Italy USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Pearl Jam Live 2 CD Set #20 6/22/00 Fila Forum Arena Milan Italy USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Pearl Jam Live 2 CD Set #9 6/6/00 Cardiff International Arena Cardiff Wales USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Pearl Jam Live 2 CD Set #5 5/30/00 Wembley Arena London England USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Pearl Jam Live 2 CD Set #8 6/4/00 Manchester Evening News Arena England USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Pearl Jam Live 2 CD Set #14 6/14/00 Paegas Arena Praha Czech Republic USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Pearl Jam Live 2 CD Set #7 6/3/00 SE+CC Arena Glasgow Scotland USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
DEEP PURPLE (ROCK) - LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976 NEW CD USD $18.84 Buy It Now 12h 39m
KATIE MELUA - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA CD NEW+ USD $14.17 Buy It Now 13h 25m
2CELLOS LIVE AT ARENA ZAGREB DVD ALL REGIONS NEW USD $10.28 Buy It Now 14h 5m
STEPS Live "Party on the Dance-floor" 2017 UK Arena Tour Promo tour flyers x 4 USD $2.64 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Audio CD: I Heard A Voice - Live From Long Beach Arena, AFI. Good Cond. Live. 60 USD $9.65 Buy It Now 17h 36m
DURAN duran ARENA live concert CD + 2 BONUS tracks RIO girls on film WILD BOYS USD $29.99 Buy It Now 18h 53m
AL JARREAU in LONDON cd LIVE in CONCERT at WEMBLEY ARENA 1984 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 53m
TINA ARENA Live For The One I Love Cassette USD $3.38 Buy It Now 19h 53m
NEW Pink: Live from Wembley Arena, London, England (DVD) USD $28.68 Buy It Now 20h 3m
N-Dubz Love- Live - Life (Live at the O2 Arena) Official DVD  [Non USA PAL Forma USD $24.69 Buy It Now 20h 14m
DVD - PINK LIVE FROM WEMBLEY ARENA USD $3.98 [0 bids]
DURAN DURAN "ARENA LIVE" CD NEW+ USD $15.09 Buy It Now 21h 31m
Live at Wembley Arena [LP] by ABBA (Vinyl, Sep-2014, 3 Discs, Polydor) USD $129.95 Buy It Now 21h 40m
THE VAMPS Live at London 02 Arena EP CD - CD Album Damaged Case USD $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 10m
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA - PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION SEALED! USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena Live for the one I love Soda club mixes promo USD $3.37 [0 bids]
Mega Rare Duran Duran '85 Arena Live On Tour Singapore Cassette CS1158 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran 1984 Arena Live Recording G/F EMI UK 12" ELP1487 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KEANE Live 06: Hull Arena 2006 UK limited edition 2-CD USD $33.81 [0 bids]
SUPER FINE TIGHT COPY! QUEEN 'DUCK SOUP' LIVE SEATTLE ARENA 1977 LP USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Pearl Jam Live At Fila Forum Arena Milan Italy 2 CD 6/22/2000 Epic Eddie Veder USD $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Picture LP Disk / Live at Judo Arena / Limited 1000 Issue / FUN LISTEN 2 USD $90.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran LIVE Arena 12" LP 1984 NEAR MINT vinyl SWAV 12374 FREE US SHIPPING USD $22.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Live At Wembley Arena - Bad Company (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Avett Brothers - Live Vol. Four: Live at PNC Arena, North Carolina 2014 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bad Company - Live at Wembley Arena [New CD] USD $14.22 Buy It Now 1 day
GREATEST HITS - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (EUROPEAN IM USED - VERY GOOD DVD USD $4.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua - 2008: Live at the O2 Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $9.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua - 2008: Live at the O2 Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Kylie X 2008 Live DVD 02 Arena Region 4 PAL USD $11.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Bad Company - Live at Wembley Arena [New CD] USD $18.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Symphony of Life by Tina Arena. USD $23.37 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES: Five Nights In A Judo Arena LP (recorded Live at Budokan Hall, Tokyo, USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA Symphony of Life RARE AUS 4trk CD Single USD $10.33 Buy It Now 1 day
STYX-LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS-JAPAN SHM-CD E78 USD $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran - Arena (Live Recording, 2004) New & Sealed USD $8.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Bring Me The Horizon: Live At Wembley Arena [DVD] [2015] USD $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALTER BRIDGE-LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA +RARITIES-JAPAN 3 CD J24 USD $39.50 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA. 2 CDs. LIVE. REUNION. ARENA. DALLAS. TX. 1989. USD $14.88 Buy It Now 2 days
THE WHO 2017 - TOMMY & MORE - UK TOUR LIVE CONCERT FLYER - MANCHESTER ARENA !!!! USD $1.34 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE - LIVE ON EARTH (Nottingham Arena - 1/12/ 2007 (2 CD LIMITED!) USD $27.04 [0 bids]
Ama E Cambia Il Mondo-Live At Arena Di Verona - Romeo & Giul (CD Used Very Good) USD $23.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Donny Osmond Soundtrack Of My Life UK Tour 2017 Birmingham Arena Promo Flyer x 3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Hanson - Live From Albertane (1998 CD) Live At The Key Arena Seattle 1998 USD $3.79 Buy It Now 2 days
UB40: Live - London O2 Arena 12.12.2009 2 CD Set 2012 4Worlds USA FWUS006CD NEW USD $10.95 Buy It Now 2 days
METALLICA LIVE & RARE!!! REUNION ARENA, DALLAS 02/05/89 2CD! UNPLAYED HARD CASE! USD $25.00 [0 bids]
USD $32.50 Buy It Now
ABBA Live At Wembley Arena UICY-15344/5 CD JAPAN 2014 NEW USD $99.76 Buy It Now 2 days
DURAN DURAN Arena - EX/VG+ Cond 1984 Live Vinyl LP - Gatefold Sleeve USD $5.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Deep Purple Live at Long Beach Arena 1976 3XLP Vinyl 2016 Triple Disc Box IMPORT USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DURAN DURAN Live "All you need is Now" 2011 UK Arena Tour VERY RARE Promo flyer. USD $3.31 Buy It Now 2 days
KEANE Live in Concert "Strangeland" 2012 UK Arena Tour RARE Promo tour flyer USD $2.64 Buy It Now 2 days
DURAN DURAN Live ... "Paper Gods" 2015 UK Arena Tour. Promo card tour flyers x 2 USD $2.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Good Charlotte - Bootlegs (Live / 12 tracks / 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore 10/ USD $79.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Live at Wembley Arena [Digipak] by ABBA 2DISC USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The JAM - 1982 Wembley Arena Live EP - 1983 OZ Polydor 45 7" USD $15.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Take That - Back For Good Mix + Live Beatles Tribute Wembley Arena IMPORT CD USD $5.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Madonna ?- Life Is Change - 2 CD - Recorded live at Reunion Arena, Dallas, Texas USD $39.85 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA LIVE-The Onstage Collection CD & DVD REGION 0 PAL NEW USD $16.66 Buy It Now 2 days
THE JAM - MOVE ON UP - LIVE EP WEMBLEY ARENA 7" 45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV 1983 USD $27.84 Buy It Now 2 days
Alter Bridge Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities USD $13.53 [1 bids]
Katie Melua - Live At The O2 Arena CD.Disc Is In VGC. USD $6.75 Buy It Now 2 days
THE VAMPS Live at London 02 Arena EP CD - CD Album Damaged Case USD $6.07 Buy It Now 3 days
2 Live PHISH Downloads CD Set 12.14.95 Broome County Arena Binghamton,New York USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas - Styx (2016, CD New) USD $18.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix live International Sports Arena, San Diego, California 5-24-69 CD USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Styx - Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas [CD New] USD $21.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Duran Duran Arena Live CD Japan RE No Barcode Parlophone Audiophile CDP7460482 USD $13.16 Buy It Now 3 days
23/1/88pg31 Live Review & Picture, Depeche Mode - Wembley Arena USD $7.44 Buy It Now 3 days
THE CURE live at WEMBLEY arena LONDON uk CD ENTREAT rare GERMAN release 8 tracks USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
UB40 LIVE 02 ARENA LONDON 12 DEC 2009 2 CD SET NEW FREE POSTAGE USD $20.28 [0 bids]
BEYONCE - 2007 TOUR FLYER - GENUINE RARE LIVE CONCERT ARENA MUSIC SHOW PROMO USD $8.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Pearl Jam LIVE Official Bootleg CD #16 Spodek Arena, Katowice, Poland 6/16/00 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DURAN DURAN - "ARENA" LIVE RECORD (HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF, NEW RELIGION) USD $0.79 [1 bids]
TINA ARENA Original CD single 1994 Sorrento Moon with Live tracks USD $7.97 Buy It Now 3 days
DURAN DURAN ARENA SWAV-12374 VINYL LP 1984 RECORDED LIVE PLAYS GREAT! VG+/VG!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LEONARD COHEN Live In London O2 Arena July 17th 2008 2CD BRAND NEW USD $9.85 Buy It Now 3 days
DEEP PURPLE-DEEP PURPLE MKIV- LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976-JAPAN CD G88 USD $30.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At Wembley Arena - Babymetal (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.41 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Live at Miami Arena (Audio CD) USD $38.26 Buy It Now 4 days
BIFFY CLYRO - 2013 TOUR FLYER - RARE LIVE CONCERT MUSIC OPPOSITES ARENA PROMO USD $8.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Pearl Jam - Live 30-5-00 Wembley Arena - London, England (CD, 2 Discs) SEALED! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena London 12/21/2009 [CD+DVD PAL0] by Pet Shop... USD $9.83 Buy It Now 4 days
16/6/00 - Spodek Arena, Katowice, Poland, Pearl Jam, Good Live USD $13.98 Buy It Now 4 days
DEEP PURPLE Mkiv: Live At Long Beach Arena 1976 Remastered/Booklet Japan CD OBI USD $40.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Live At the Orleans Arena Las Vegas - Styx CD-JEWEL CASE USD $17.14 Buy It Now 4 days
THE WANTED Live in Concert Spring UK Arena Tour 2012 RARE Promo tour flyers x 2 USD $2.64 Buy It Now 4 days
J. COLE Live in Concert "4 Your Eyez Only" 2017 UK Arena Tour Promo flyers x 2 USD $2.64 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or £.

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Review by Warthur
3 stars A decent live release from the Contagion tour. The band missed a bit of a trick here - whilst it is nice to have an (almost) complete live rendition of the Contagion album as disc 1, they could have made the live show a real treat by reincorporating into the running order the additional songs from the Contagion saga which were trimmed from the studio album and distributed amongst the Contagious and Contagium EPs. Then again, at least disc 2 here offers a decent selection of non-Contagion tracks, even if there is a large overlap with the track selection for their previous two live albums.

One thing Live and Life does particularly well is tease out what makes this era of the band stand out - namely, that whilst they at times seem to be rehashing old ground in the "prog" stakes, they inject a healthy dose of high-energy *RAWK* into the "rock" side of the "neo-prog rock" equation. Your enjoyment of Arena's 2000s releases, I suspect, will largely hinge on whether or not you consider that an improvement by your personal standards and tastes.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "