LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & Life by Arena (2012-08-02)Live & Life by Arena (2012-08-02)
Imports
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012

Live Arena Di Verona CD NEW USD $20.35 Buy It Now
LED ZEPPELIN CELEBRATION DAY LIVE IN LONDON'S O2 ARENA CD + DVD Digipak.NEW!!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now
OZZY OSBOURNE LIVE ! LONG BEACH ARENA 1981 / MINT VINYLS USD $59.99 Buy It Now
Pearl Jam-Live: 20-6-00 Arena - Verona, Italy CD, 2 Discs VG+ USD $20.00 Buy It Now 33m 35s
DURAN DURAN Duranmas '83 Not For Sale 2 LP Live at Wembley Arena London in 1983 USD $196.99 [1 bids]
44m 36s
Rush live concert at Birmingham LG Arena 26th of May 2013 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 3h 13m
MINT Still Sealed Duran Duran Arena Live Vinyl Record Albums LP NEW Vintage 1984 USD $2.25 [3 bids]
Rush live concert Sheffield Motorpoint Arena 28th May 2013 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 3h 37m
The Who - Press Cutting of Tour Ad Greatest Hits Live Tour MEN Arena Mounted USD $5.18 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Dozin' at the Knick: Live at Knickerbocker Arena by Grateful Dead (3-CD 1996) USD $18.97 Buy It Now 4h 48m
THE VAMPS Live at London 02 Arena EP CD Somebody to You CAN WE DANCE Risk it All USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
TINA ARENA Original CD single 1994 Sorrento Moon with Live tracks USD $7.64 Buy It Now 8h 52m
DURAN DURAN ARENA SWAV-12374 VINYL LP 1984 RECORDED LIVE PLAYS GREAT! VG+/VG!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 41m
LIVE AT SAITAMA SUPER ARENA (LIVE RECORDING/+DVD) NEW CD USD $22.96 Buy It Now 11h 54m
ABBA - Live At Wembley Arena - Deleted 2014 40th Anniversary Edition 2CD SEALED USD $12.98 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Ozzy Osbourne Captured Live @Long Beach Arena USA-CA feat R. Rhoads Digi-CD Rare USD $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 39m
Live: the Onstage Collection by Tina Arena (CD/DVD, Jan-2010, 2 Discs, )NEW USD $19.90 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Queen live concert at Nottingham FM Arena 24th January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 16h 51m
Iron Maiden live concert Perth Arena Australia 16 May 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Iron Maiden live concert Perth Arena Australia 16 May 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Iron Maiden live concert Perth Arena Australia 16 May 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 17h 46m
Iron Maiden live concert Perth Arena Australia 16 May 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 17h 53m
Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium: Live O2 Arena, London (2010) DVD+CD NEW/SEALED USD $10.34 Buy It Now 19h 29m
The Jam " Move On Up + 3 other titles "7 inch Live at the Wembley Arena 1982 USD $3.90 [0 bids]
PET SHOP BOYS Pandemonium /Live , The 02 Arena , London/ CD / DVD USD $14.90 Buy It Now 22h 38m
Iron Maiden live concert Reunion Arena Dallas 4 March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 23h 41m
+STICKER SET--> THE VAMPS Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) LIVE AT THE 02 ARENA CD USD $22.99 Buy It Now 23h 56m
Iron Maiden live concert Reunion Arena Dallas 4 March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Live at Miami Arena (Audio CD) USD $36.69 Buy It Now 1 day
ARENA**XX: LIVE (RECORDED IN POLAND)**DVD USD $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
WET WET WET-INSTANT LIVE-2CDS/7/12/04 MACHESTER ARENA/MARTI PELLOW/RARE/POP USD $5.18 [0 bids]
Iron Maiden live concert Toledo Sports Arena Ohio 11th June 1985 A4 poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
BIFFY CLYRO - 2013 TOUR FLYER - RARE LIVE CONCERT MUSIC OPPOSITES ARENA PROMO USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Japan SS MINI-LP 2CD Deep Purple-Live In California Long Beach Arena 1976 USD $8.50 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Pink: Live From Wembley Arena - London, England [DVD] [2014] USD $6.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Holland Import Promo Sting Arena 2 Vinyl 12" LP Records Live Verona 1998 Police USD $43.45 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN DURAN - ARENA - LIVE CD W/2 BONUS TRACKS RIO AND GIRLS ON FILM! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DEEP PURPLE Mkiv: Live At Long Beach Arena 1976 Remastered/Booklet Japan CD OBI USD $51.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Live At the Orleans Arena Las Vegas - Styx New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipp USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DEEP PURPLE-DEEP PURPLE MKIV- LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976-JAPAN CD G88 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA Burn CD 3 Track B/W Heaven Help My Heart Live And I Want To Spend My USD $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA_Symphony Of Life_used CD-s_ships from AUS!_A9 USD $7.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Japan SS MINI-LP 2CD Deep Purple-Live In California Long Beach Arena 1976 USD $65.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Live Concert Recordings - The Dead Oakland Arena December 31 2003 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 30th August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 31st August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 3 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 2 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 1 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Dozin' at the Knick Live at Knickerbocker Arena by Grateful Dead 3 Discs CD 1996 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA [USED CD] USD $7.52 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA * [USED CD] USD $8.57 Buy It Now 2 days
Prince live concert Phones 4U Arena Manchester 17 May 2014 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concerts Manchester Arena 7th & 8th March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
******** LIFE******** DVD Jacqueline Ripstein & Romina Arena USD $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concert at Manchester Arena 7th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Bruce Springsteen live Ricoh Arena Coventry 3rd June 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Kiss live concert Manchester NYNEX Arena 21st November 1996 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors At Boston Arena Rhino CD Plus The Doors Live In Europe DVD Discs VG USD $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 29th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Adele live concert at Birmingham Arena 30th of March 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen live concert at Leeds Arena 20th of January 2015 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Bjork live concert at Sheffield Arena 19th of January 1996 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Pink: Live At Wembley Arena = NEW DVD-Music USD $12.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Luna Live by Luna (CD, Jul-2005, Arena Rock (USA)) USD $6.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Muse live concert at Manchester Arena 1st of November 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
ABBA " LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (COMPLETE 1979 CONCERT) " 2 CD SET USD $5.46 [3 bids]
ROLLING STONES LIVE AT THE YOKAHAMA ARENA 2003 2 CD SD-002 PROMO 2 DISK USD $149.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Black Sabbath Live At Friends Arena Stockholm Sweden 2013 Clear Wax LP Mint Ozzy USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
UB40 - Live - Recorded Live at the London O2 Arena, London. December 12, 2009 USD $10.71 [0 bids]
AT THE ARENA OV AION-LIVE [USED CD] USD $11.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 30th August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 31st August 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Katie Melua - Live At The 02 Arena [CD New] USD $10.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 1 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 2 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Dire Straits live concert Sheffield Arena 3 September 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.47 Buy It Now 2 days
DEPECHE MODE Live at Antic Arena, Nimes, in FRANCE 17.07.2013 * Delta Machine USD $26.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Live-The Onstage Collection - Tina Arena (CD Used Very Good) USD $17.57 Buy It Now 2 days
Live Phish Vol. 1: 12/14/95, Broome County Arena, Binghamton, New York Live Phis USD $129.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Richie, Lionel Encore: Live at Wembley Arena CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROLLING STONES - LIVE AT RUPP ARENA 1981 2CD USD $40.00 [0 bids]
The Frantic Four's Final Fling: Live at the Dublin O2 Arena by Status Quo USD $24.01 Buy It Now 3 days
Live at Wembley Arena * by ABBA USD $20.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Grateful Dead - Dozin' at the Knick: Live at Knickerbocker Arena New 3 X CD USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "