ALORCONFUSA

Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Hesperia (14:43)
2. Ghe-pardo (8:21)
3. Tarta-ruga (10:10)
4. Nelle Vesti di Adia (13:58)

Search APRYL Alorconfusa lyrics

Search APRYL Alorconfusa tabs

- Ermanno Barse / keyboards & piano
- Giorgio Riodato / electric & acoustic basses
- Alberto Celotto / electric guitars
- Andrea Lorenzet / drums & percussion, programming
- Leandro Di Giovanna / vocals

CD Mellow-MMP 424-Ita-2002
CD MALS 093 (Russia, 2005)

and to progaeopteryx for the last updates

APRYL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy APRYL Alorconfusa Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
AlorconfusaAlorconfusa
Mellow Records
The APRYL FOOL S/t CD (1969/2010) NEW /SEALED Happy End JAPANESE PSYCHE Ghost US $6.63 [0 bids]
APRYL FOOL OOP JAPAN CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE APRYL FOOL - THE APRYL FOOL - NEW CD US $9.81 Buy It Now 1 day
APRYL FOOL The Apryl Fool Floral Rare cult Japanese 68 Classic 010 CD New Sealed US $7.06 Buy It Now 3 days
APRYL FOOL s/t 1969 - JAPAN - ULTRARARE HEAVY PSYCH PROG OOP RI - FOODBRAIN HAIR US $19.99 [0 bids]
APRYL FOOL / The Apryl Fool Haruomi Hosono other Free Shipping! Japan US $50.58 Buy It Now 4 days
APRYL MAY stay CD 3 track 7 version with info stickered card sleeve b/w 12" vers US $8.29 Buy It Now 5 days
APRYL FOOL / THE FLORAL - THE APRYL FOOL & THE FLORAL SINGLES :NEW REMASTERED CD US $8.29 [0 bids]
apryl fool: apryl fool CD US $14.90 Buy It Now 6 days
APRYL FOOL Apryl Fool S/T 13 track CD SEALED The Floral US $10.26 Buy It Now 10 days
HAPPYEND yudemen 1st org LP japan psych apryl fool ymo hosono happy end POKORA US $79.99 Buy It Now 12 days
APRYL FOOL BLUES CREATION YUYA UCHIDA FOWERS JAPAN PSYCH US $79.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Apryl Electra,NEW CD,From the Padded Cell of Suburbia US $8.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Happy End Japan Vinyl LP Hosono Apryl Fool psych US $54.99 Buy It Now 13 days
HAPPY END KAZEMACHI ROMAN / JAPAN PSYCH APRYL FOOL US $99.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Apryl Electra,CD,From the Padded Cell of Suburbia US $4.99 Buy It Now 15 days
HAPPY END KAZEMACHI ROMAN W/ OBI PSYCH APRYL FOOL US $229.99 Buy It Now 16 days
APRYL FOOL JAPAN PSYCH COLUMBIA ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER US $2,499.99 Buy It Now 16 days
HAPPY END - SAME / JAPAN PSYCH APRYL FOOL US $199.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Happy End Japan Four CD Box Eiichi Ohtakl Shigeru Suzuki Hosono YMO Apryl Fool US $149.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Apryl Electra - From the Padded Cell of Suburbia CD NEW SEALED Debut CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Apryl Allen - Shape Shifter CD US $19.02 Buy It Now 25 days
APRYL ALLEN - SHAPE SHIFTER NEW CD US $23.14 Buy It Now 25 days
HAPPYEND URC Orig LP Vinyl Haruomi Hosono psych apryl fool ymo Happy end US $89.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Shape Shifter - Allen,Apryl New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $23.39 Buy It Now 27 days
?CHU KOSAKA in horo LP japan soul funk breaks APRYL FOOL HAPPYEND HARRY HOSONO US $79.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Allen, Apryl Shape Shifter CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Apryl Allen - Shape Shifter [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy APRYL music online Buy APRYL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for APRYL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

APRYL Alorconfusa ratings distribution

APRYL Alorconfusa reviews

Review by hdfisch
4 stars Very talented young band from Italy

APRYL is a young Italian band which is pretty much unknown but considering their high skill as musicians and their creativity they would deserve to have more attention. When I first listened to them I was thinking: "WOW what a great symphonic prog they are playing"! Of course they are inspired a lot by 70's Prog reminding sometimes to KING CRIMSON by their guitar style and at times to GENESIS by their keyboards style, but without sounding at any moment like a rip-off of these bands.

Most of the record is dominated by a rather mellow and melancholic mood, although the opener Hesperia starts a bit more up-tempo. A very long piece with almost 15 minutes, but never getting boring at any moment. Fantastic guitar and keyboards and above all the awesome vocals of Leandro Di Giovanna which are in Italian BTW. The composition is intricate with many breaks and shifts but all the times keeping a very pleasant and enjoyable frame. Second all instrumental track Ghe-pardo is in some way the strangest one and at my very first listening I had quite big problems to really enjoy this one and stil it's my least favorite one. It sounds a bit aimless, I've to say, as an example in the beginning they're starting to play some Genesis tunes (I think) but then are losing themselves in complete disharmony. Towards the end of the track it seams they finally found somehow a coherent theme. But anyway this is a strange one and the reason for I can't rate it with the full score. Next one Tarta-ruga let me forget the previous one immediately since it's as fascinating as the first one but it's more dominated by a melancholic mood. Especially the vocals emphasize a strong pastoral tone. The balance between instrumental and vocal sections has been just perfectly managed by the band. Last track Nelle Vesti di Adia again a very long one is as brilliant as tracks 1 and 3 and a bit more up-tempo like the opener. In this one they're managing to include some odd tunes and rhythm into the composition more successfully than in track 3.

As a SUMMARY this album is an excellent work by this very little known young band and I think there are still even better things to come from them. It's a blend of harmonic and odd symphonic Prog which has worked out almost perfectly. All fans of 70's Prog should definitively check it out, they won't be disappointed!

An excellent addition to any Prog collection

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#36391) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 13, 2005

Review by silvertree
2 stars This is a band that could go far. The problem is their creativity ! Can you believe that ? They all over the place with a houndred ideas a minute. Not that I don't like intricate compositions, but I just can't get into the music. Okay, I may be exaggerating, but the tracks do sound "messy" to me, not in the production but in the composition itself. The album gets unpleasant and boring the more I listen to it. They kind of remind me of Nueva Era. So if you like Nueva Era, I guess you'll like Apryl. I just hope they will show more maturity in the next album.

Send comments to silvertree (BETA) | Report this review (#113449) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 25, 2007

Review by NJprogfan
1 stars I tried. I really, really did. I'm a huge fan of Italian Symphonic prog, old and new. I like to try out newer bands that are not necessarily popular, or heard of and I give new discs around four listens before I form an opionion. I couldn't get through three with this disc. It starts off rather well with a very nice melody but once the singer starts to open his mouth it's all downhill and pretty fast at that. Giovanna's voice is off-key for most of the album, flat and most of all boring. Yet, I can look past awful singers if the music is exemplory. But this is not the case. The songs for the most part are filled to the brim with time changes and cliched Genesis ideas, yet they sound unrehearsed and sloppy. The drummer in particular seems off, missing the beat when there's any sign of a signature change. A keyboard passage will pop up out of nowhere and completely destroy whatever melody the song might have. A guitar riff or even pluck will have you scratching your head wondering why. All the songs suffer from this other than the track, "Ghe-pardo" which a quarter of the way through slows down to a crawl and the bass plays some absolute boring notes with Giovanna caterwauling flatly. The song does pick up at the end, but it's to late. I can't stress enough how unprofessional this whole disc sounds. The fact that they produced it themselves is to their own detrement. They do seem to have some sliver of talent, but this disc is plain awful. Unless you need to own EVERY Italian symph prog album, then be warned. I'll end this by saying something I don't normally say: sorry guys, but this gives the genre a bad name....sorry....better luck next time.

Send comments to NJprogfan (BETA) | Report this review (#120296) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 30, 2007

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Two years after the good EP ''Corollari di figure'' finally luck hit the door of Apryl.The Italian quintet was signed by Mellow Records and finally released its first full-length release entitled ''Alorconfusa''.

The album include both the nice compositions of the band's previous EP, two nice Symphonic Rock tracks with a soft atmosphere but always professional musicianship, heavily driven by Barsè's keyboards but also having a jazzy approach on the guitar parts.The rest of the work contains another two long compositions, which follow more or less the same vein.Keyboard-based Symphonic Rock with even some Post-Rock and Jazz-Rock touches, filled with Barse diverse keyboard passages, including extended piano interludes, soft synth atmospheres amd more intense organ parts.A solid rhythm section and a smooth guitar performance complete Apryl's music proposal.From the two ''Ghe-pardo'' seems the less interesting due to a very long hypnotic synth-part around the middle, while ''Tarta-ruga'' is absolutely satisfying, modern and romantic Italian Symphonic Rock with some nice synth explorations, close to the style of MONTEFELTRO, and an excellent dreamy atmosphere.Add to the picture a singer with an extremely warm voice and the whole package is definitely rewarding.

Unfortunately this was Apryl's last studio contribution and the band's traces have been lost ever since.However ''Alorconfusa'' remains a delicate work of Italian Symphonic Rock, which will satisfy all the fans of the style.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#836032) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Post a review of APRYL "Alorconfusa "