TIMECODE

Patrick Moraz

Patrick Moraz Timecode album cover

Buy PATRICK MORAZ Music
Studio Album, released in 1984

1. No Sleep Tonight (Includes "Take Off")
2. I Want U
3. Beyond the Pleasure
4. Life in the Underworld
5. Overload
6. Black Brains of Positronic Africa
7. Elastic Freedom (In Search Of)
8. Shakin' with the Passion
9. You Are the Vision of My Dream

Search PATRICK MORAZ Timecode lyrics

Search PATRICK MORAZ Timecode tabs

- Patrick Moraz / all instruments & chants, programming
- John McBurnie / lead vocals, harmonies
- John Avila / bass, vocals (1,5,9) & lead vocals (9)

Additional Musicians:
- Gregory Scott Alban / drums (1,5,9)
- Kitty Bruce / lead vocals (7)
- Lyn 'Cecil' Collins / additional backing vocals (1,5,7,9)
- Bill Bruford / additional Simmons drums (4)
- Gregg Jackman / additional chanting vocals (3)

CS Passport PBC 6039 (1984) / LP Lamborghini 6000 (1984)

PATRICK MORAZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PATRICK MORAZ Timecode Music

Change of SpaceChange of Space
Ace Records Import 2011
Patrick Moraz IIIPatrick Moraz III
I-Disk / Time Wave 2006
PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN ex YES REFUGEE PROG KYBRD REMAST SEALED CD +1xtrk US $14.95 Buy It Now 10h 20m
LP - YES - Relayer - 1974 - NM - Very Nice Copy - ROGER DEAN ART - Patrick Moraz US $54.95 Buy It Now 10h 23m
1977 - PATRICK MORAZ - Out In The Sun - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.26 Buy It Now 10h 53m
LOT of 2 70's LPs - PATRICK MORAZ - ATLANTIC 18175 and CHARISMA 2201 (PROMO) US $12.00 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Patrick Moraz US $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Out In the Sun by Patrick Moraz (CD, May-1994, Emi/Virgin) US $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 3m
PATRICK MORAZ: Out In The Sun (rock & pop, vinyl) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ BILL BRUFORD FLAGS 1985 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen VJD 1ST PRESS US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ s/t LP 15 track with inner in gatefold sleeve (cds4002) uk charism US $16.12 Buy It Now 1 day
The Story Of I by Patrick Moraz vg+ Atlantic LP Rock US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ 8 TRACK TAPE progressive prog rock yes moody blues djalma correia US $4.00 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ Out In The Sun 8 TRACK TAPE progressive prog rock yes moody blu US $4.00 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - FUTURE MEMORIES II NEW CD US $24.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Music for Piano & Drums: by Patrick Moraz/Bill Bruford (CD, Feb-2005, United... US $10.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Refugee-same UK prog Japanese mini lp Patrick Moraz US $28.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ THE STORY OF I VINYL LP US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Moraz: ESP - Etudes, Sonatas, Preludes by Patrick Moraz (CD, Nov-2011, Time... US $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ Time Code LP Passport Rec. PB6039 US 1984 TEST PRESSING VG++ US $33.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ - PIANISSIMORAZ * - NEW CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Patrick Moraz Atlantic 18175 US $10.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Patrick Moraz - Pianissimoraz (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ LP SELF TITLED US $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Patrick Moraz "Patrick Moraz" US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ - SELF TITLED - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NY US $17.98 Buy It Now 2 days
RICK WAKEMAN Revisited '04 CD PROG (Yes, Patrick Moraz, Moog, Keith Emerson ELP) US $3.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - CHANGE OF SPACE - NEW CD US $12.02 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ - STORY OF I NEW CD US $17.54 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ - THE STORY OF I (LP) US $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MAINHORSE (PATRICK MORAZ) SELF TITLED MINI LP CD OBI FROM OLD STOCK US $14.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - RESONANCE (UK) (REISSUE) NEW CD US $17.90 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ ( SELF TITLED - PATRICK MORAZ ) 1976 ISSUED VG+ TO M- LP US $1.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - WINDOWS OF TIME [053993337127] - NEW CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Patrick Moraz - Future Memories 2 CD US $20.68 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ self titled prog Lp US $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz - Timecode CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz - Change Of Space CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz - Live At Abbey Road CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz - Windows Of Time CD ESSENTIAL MEDIA GROUP MOD US $16.35 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz - The Story Of I 1976 Prog Rock Yes Moody Blues US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz + Syrinx - Coexistence (2006) CD SPEEDYPOST US $4.67 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz Future Memories I & II CD NEW SEALED 2007 Live On TV US $10.17 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz Windows Of Time CD NEW SEALED 2007 US $10.17 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ time code LP Record 1984 US $18.50 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ future memories LP Record 1984 pvc US $18.50 Buy It Now 3 days
vtg PATRICK MORAZ "i" self titled Pink Cassette+Slipcase cover Yes Moody Blues US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz/Bill Bruford Flags vinyl LP 1985 original US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN , CHARISMA 1977 , EX/VG++ ,LP US $7.55 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ - TIMECODE (UK) NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ The Story of i ATLANTIC LP '76 OG Yes Art Rock Progressive Rock US $4.00 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - Future Memories- Orig 1979 France LP M- US $12.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz "Out in the Sun"Psych/Prog Charisma IMP1014 NM 1977 US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ, OUT IN THE SUN, LP 1977 UK VG+/EX+, INNER/SL US $8.47 Buy It Now 4 days
1987 Patrick Moraz Human Interface LP Cinema ST-12558 NM Vinyl PLAY TESTED US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Refugee w/ Patrick Moraz Sefl Titled Lp UK Charisma Lp prog/psych US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ-3-JAPAN MINI LP CD Fi83 US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz (Refugee, Yes) - In Princeton CD 1995 3291-2 PrincetonRecords US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ - IN PRINCETON US $11.02 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ & BILL BRUFORD - Flags ~ VINYL LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BILL BRUFORD/PATRICK MORAZ Flag LP EG EGLP 63 US 1985 TEST PRESSING VG++ US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz Resonance CD NEW SEALED 2007 Yes US $8.47 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ Out In The Sun 1977 IMPORT CLASSIC ROCK LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ S/T 1978 CHARISMA CLASSIC ROCK LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ S/T 1976 ATLANTIC CLASSIC ROCK LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz- Out In the Sun- new/sealed 8 Track tape US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Vapour Trails-self titled LP!John McBurnie(Patrick Moraz/Jackson Heights/CAMEL) US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ - STORY OF i - ATLANTIC RECORDS LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ HUMAN INTERFACE (1987) ORIGINAL JAPAN CD CP32-5501 US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Fish Out Of Water - Chris Squire LP GATEFOLD prog Yes Bill Brufort Patrick Moraz US $4.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - MORAZ: ESP - ETUDES, SONATAS, PRELUDES - NEW CD US $10.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Patrick Moraz - i - Gatefold LP Record/Vinyl 1976 Atlantic Rec. SD 18175 US $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Patrick Moraz - Out In The Sun - LP Record/Vinyl 1977 Charisma Rec IMP 1014 US $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Patrick Moraz - Self Titled Album - LP Record/Vinyl 1978 Charisma Rec. CA-1-2201 US $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Refugee Original SEALED LP 1974 Famous Charisma FC 6066 Prog Patrick Moraz US $28.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PATRICK MORAZ - i LP Atlantic SD 18175 RARE 1976 US $4.00 [0 bids]
Patrick Moraz - Future Memories II - LP Record/Vinyl 1984 Passport Rec PVC 8927 US $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
PATRICK MORAZ - FUTURE MEMORIES 2 - NEW CD US $31.38 Buy It Now 5 days
Patrick Moraz - Self Titled s/t SEALED LP Vinyl US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Patrick Moraz : Patrick Moraz Collection (Mainhorse 1971, Refugee 1974, Sory of US $9.96 Buy It Now 5 days
MOODY BLUES related DJ 7" EP Patrick Moraz w/BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES on Atlantic US $13.50 Buy It Now 5 days
PATRICK MORAZ / BILL BRUFORD - MUSIC FOR PIANO & DRUMS NEW CD US $20.22 Buy It Now 5 days
Patrick Moraz - The Story of I Japan 1st cd Yes Moody Blues Refugee Mainhorse US $22.90 Buy It Now 5 days
PATRICK MORAZ Japan Mini LP CD with OBI, OUT IN THE SUN +1 US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
PATRICK MORAZ ESP CD (New) US $16.95 Buy It Now 6 days
PATRICK MORAZ. SELF TITLE. GATEFOLD. ATLANTIC. SD 18175. 1976. FIRST US PRESSING US $2.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz-1977 poster size press advert US $16.96 Buy It Now 6 days
DIRECT METAL press PATRICK MORAZ Time Code LP 1985 GERMANY Lamborghini w/Inner US $29.98 Buy It Now 6 days
PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NY US $16.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz "Out In The Sun" US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz Lp 1976 Atlantic records US $11.65 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz Lp Syrinx 1984 PVC records US $11.65 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz Future Memories Live On TV CD NEW SEALED 2006 Yes US $10.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz/Syrinx Coexistance CD NEW SEALED 2006 Yes US $10.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz/Bill Bruford Flags LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz Self-Titled CD+Bonus Track NEW SEALED 2006 Yes US $10.17 Buy It Now 6 days
PATRICK MORAZ Self Titled s/t LP PROMO NM- (YES BRUFORD) Electro Prog Psych US $7.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Patrick Moraz Story of i Original SEALED LP Prog Moody Blues Yes Keyboardist US $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days
REFUGEE ST (1974) Patrick Moraz?? JAPAN MINI LP CD US $31.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Music for Piano & Drums: by Patrick Moraz/Bill Bruford (CD, Feb-2012, 2... US $10.63 Buy It Now 6 days
PATRICK MORAZ MINT SELF TITLED PROMO YES Vinyl Album LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy PATRICK MORAZ music online Buy PATRICK MORAZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PATRICK MORAZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PATRICK MORAZ Timecode ratings distribution

PATRICK MORAZ Timecode reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars This is not the kind of prog album that I want you to collect. Even, I have difficulty in categorizing the music of this album. For sure, it's not prog at all. Most of songs were performed in pop / disco kind of beat. I can not believe this album is from one of prog rock maestro where his performance in YES "Relayer" was really excellent. Probably, Moraz was tired with the kind of complex music and tried to make it simple. The result was the album that is nowhere to take the best part of it. If I review this album under the corridor of pop or disco music, I still cannot take the best out of it. One track reminds me to the OST from the film "Flash Dance" starred by Jennifer Beals in the 80s from the song "It's a Maniac". Only this thing that I know out of this album.

There is one track that has a sort of prog (probably?) touch, i.e "Black Brain of Positronic Africa". Moraz also used the lead vocal of his previous work: John McBurnie. Bill Bruford contributed to this album using Simon drums on "Life in the Underworld". But, it does not help. Even, I can not sense the touch of Bruford here.

If you really want to get the best albums of Patrick Moraz, you must buy "The Story of I" and "Out In The Sun" albums. GW, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33326) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Warning, beware of the Europop

It is ironic that Moraz is by far best known for his brief time with Yes, which resulted in one classic album ("Relayer"), and part of one live album ("Yesshows"). Prior to that he replaced Keith Emerson in the Nice, who then became known as Refugee. In more recent times, he has also been a part time member of the Moody Blues. Along the way, he has produced a succession of solo albums, "Timecode" being a 1984 release, while he was with said Moodies.

With Moraz enviable heritage, it is difficult to see what he was trying to achieve here, or indeed to offer any words of encouragement. Let's be clear, this album is as prog as Abba, in fact the comparison with that group is quite appropriate. This is an album of pop songs with a dance beat. While Moraz takes on virtually all the instrumental duties himself, the track are dominated by the vocals of John McBurnie, Kitty Bruce, and John Avila. Moraz chants from time to time, but there's little in the way of keyboard solos. By the time we get to track 4, "Life in the underworld", were listening to pure Europop, this particular track would fit right in on a Bucks Fizz b-side.

The only track to offer any redemption, is "Black brains of positronic Africa", an entirely instrumental track which finally sees Moraz taking centre stage. It still has that pop beat, but there are definite jazz noodlings, and at least we get to hear Moraz upfront. From there on in, its more of the same average pop songs.

I guess we all have our off days, but Moraz quality control went haywire here, avoid.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#33327) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Review by greenback
3 stars When I bought this record several years ago, I found it pretty bad and insipid: so, the rating would have been near 0 star. But nowadays, my capability to notice the many good points regarding this record seem to have increased. This record remains VERY underrated in the prog community, since it is not prog at all: maybe people are just afraid to like it, but I am not!

The songs are quite dynamic, unbelievably CATCHY for a prog/fusion composer, and the sound is quite fresh, modern and good: Moraz's keyboards sound more European new wave of the 80's than Latin. It is clear here that Moraz wanted to reach success by "TRYING" to make pop & accessible songs! The problem with most of the prog artists is that they do not have the capability of creating hits. I would say Moraz succeeded at a certain level: indeed, most of his songs here are pretty well made, and their pop, addictive & catchy characters are quite noticeable, although it is probably not accessible enough for the average people: you listen to the keyboards textures, the catchy male & female vocals and the other instruments, and you are able to find many catchy & addictive things that can be appreciated even by a simple minded person; unfortunately this applies to about 50% of the album, like on "No sleep tonight", "I want you", "Overload", "Elastic freedom", "Shakin' with the passion" and "You are the vision of my dreams". I dare to say the catchy parts are worth a 3.5 stars, while the rest is less convincing, reaching say 2.5 stars. "Elastic freedom" is the best track: it is a catchy & accessible pop track, featuring a female singer reminding the Parachute Club's singer. If Moraz extended the catchy & addictive aspects to all the record, then this album would have probably been categorized as a very good pop one!

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#33328) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by daveconn
3 stars I've seen two reviews of this album on ProgArchives, both rating it one out of five stars. Me, I've got precious few single-star arrows in my quiver, as I feel that dismissing any work of art (musical or otherwise) diminishes us, the audience. So first order of business: Timecode isn't a bad album at all. Secondly, a frame of reference by which to admire it: Thomas Dolby, Tony Banks, the Peter Baumann of "Repeat Repeat." Moraz and vocalist John McBurnie plied similar terrain on Out In The Sun, only this time they're blinded by the science of DIY (do it yourself) synthesizer pop. (McBurnie even references the Dolby hit on "Beyond The Pleasure"). I'm not particularly fond of synthesizer pop music, cautious as I am of the thin line that separates guilty pleasure from gullet-choking tripe. Yes, you'll find both on Timecode, sometimes in the same song. For example, the first run-through of "Life In The Underworld" is a hoot, the repetition of it a bore. And the cleverness of "I Want U" is canceled out by a lame entry like "Shakin' With The Passion." McBurnie has a good voice, warmer than a lot of the synthesizer clones (Peter Schilling, Dolby, etc.), and Moraz again makes sound choices with his synthesizers. If you found Bankstatement an unprofitable exercise, then Timecode might be a waste of it. The only progressive moment is the instrumental "Black Brains of Positronic Africa," which sounds uncannily like Chick Corea. The rest of the album is less catchy than The Fugitive, more catchy than Dolby's The Flat Earth, and otherwise a pretty good example of what happens when progressive keyboard players try to cross over into the global pop market. The lyrics are ESeLementary, and a theme of love over the airwaves seems to run through the album, but I don't believe this is a concept album. (The absence of a two-page insert with mad notes and drawings squeezed into the margins would confirm that belief.) I don't believe this is a one-star album either, but rather an average album of synthesizer pop from a fertile mind. And my world feels a little larger for it.

Send comments to daveconn (BETA) | Report this review (#47574) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Post a review of PATRICK MORAZ "Timecode"