TIMECODE

Patrick Moraz

Patrick Moraz Timecode album cover

Buy PATRICK MORAZ Music
Studio Album, released in 1984

1. No Sleep Tonight (Includes "Take Off")
2. I Want U
3. Beyond the Pleasure
4. Life in the Underworld
5. Overload
6. Black Brains of Positronic Africa
7. Elastic Freedom (In Search Of)
8. Shakin' with the Passion
9. You Are the Vision of My Dream

Search PATRICK MORAZ Timecode lyrics

Search PATRICK MORAZ Timecode tabs

- Patrick Moraz / all instruments & chants, programming
- John McBurnie / lead vocals, harmonies
- John Avila / bass, vocals (1,5,9) & lead vocals (9)

Additional Musicians:
- Gregory Scott Alban / drums (1,5,9)
- Kitty Bruce / lead vocals (7)
- Lyn 'Cecil' Collins / additional backing vocals (1,5,7,9)
- Bill Bruford / additional Simmons drums (4)
- Gregg Jackman / additional chanting vocals (3)

CS Passport PBC 6039 (1984) / LP Lamborghini 6000 (1984)

PATRICK MORAZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PATRICK MORAZ Timecode Music

In PrincetonIn Princeton
Voiceprint UK 2011
Patrick Moraz IIIPatrick Moraz III
I-Disk / Time Wave 2006
PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NY US $16.98 Buy It Now 1h
PATRICK MORAZ LP SELF TITLED US $8.30 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Patrick Moraz "Out In The Sun" US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Patrick Moraz Lp 1976 Atlantic records US $11.65 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Patrick Moraz Lp Syrinx 1984 PVC records US $11.65 Buy It Now 2h 14m
A RARE MISS PRESS GENESIS & PATRICK MORAZ - on a single VINYL LP US $29.06 [0 bids]
Patrick Moraz Future Memories Live On TV CD NEW SEALED 2006 Yes US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Patrick Moraz/Syrinx Coexistance CD NEW SEALED 2006 Yes US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Patrick Moraz/Bill Bruford Flags LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Patrick Moraz Self-Titled CD+Bonus Track NEW SEALED 2006 Yes US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 8m
PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Patrick Moraz Story of i Original SEALED LP Prog Moody Blues Yes Keyboardist US $17.59 Buy It Now 7h 38m
REFUGEE ST (1974) Patrick Moraz?? JAPAN MINI LP CD US $31.80 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Patrick Moraz - The Story Of I (1976 1st solo album) US $5.69 Buy It Now 16h 59m
PATRICK MORAZ MINT SELF TITLED PROMO YES Vinyl Album LP US $16.96 Buy It Now 18h 6m
PATRICK MORAZ 'TIME CODE' US IMPORT LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 18h 28m
PATRICK MORAZ 'PATRICK MORAZ' US IMPORT LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 18h 28m
PATRICK MORAZ / BILL BRUFORD 'FLAGS' UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 18h 28m
PATRICK MORAZ + SYRINX 'CO-EXISTENCE' UK LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 18h 28m
PATRICK MORAZ 'FUTURE MEMORIES II' US IMPORT LP US $14.93 Buy It Now 18h 28m
PATRICK MORAZ 'OUT IN THE SUN' UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 18h 28m
PATRICK MORAZ ( SELF TITLED - PATRICK MORAZ ) 1976 ISSUED VG+ TO M- LP US $1.99 Buy It Now 19h 24m
PATRICK MORAZ - COEXISTENCE/LIBERTATE (UK) NEW CD US $26.21 Buy It Now 20h 12m
PATRICK MORAZ - IN PRINCETON (UK) NEW CD US $26.21 Buy It Now 20h 53m
PATRICK MORAZ - Human Interface (CD 1987) Capital Records Cinema Label US $9.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - Windows of Time (CD 1994) Hot Productions US $9.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - PM In Princeton (CD 1995) US $9.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - Live at Abbey Road (CD 2012) Live 1987 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Patrick Moraz Self Titled LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 21h 5m
TOMITA ISAO GRAND CANYON SUITE 1991 JAPAN CD Rick Wakeman Patrick Moraz US $7.07 [0 bids]
TOMITA BERMUDA TRIANGLE 1991 JAPAN CD Rick Wakeman Patrick Moraz US $7.07 [1 bids]
Patrick Moraz Self Titled LP Gatefold Cover, Original Inner US $13.27 [0 bids]
? Patrick Moraz - Out in the Sun (of Yes) (Andy Newmark US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mainhorse Self-Titled 1971 Prog With Patrick Moraz NM RECORD STILL IN SHRINK US $29.99 [0 bids]
Patrick Moraz - Self Titled s/t SEALED LP Vinyl US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Patrick Moraz-Self Titled-LP-OG Sleeve-Gatefold-Atlantic-SD 18175-Vinyl Record US $3.77 [0 bids]
Patrick Moraz - Windows Of Time CD 1994 USA 14trk US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ+BILL BRUFORD -FLAGS Promo Obi MINI LP CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Patrick Moraz(Vinyl LP)Human Interface-Capitol/Cinema-EST 2043-UK-Ex/Ex US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Patrick Moraz(Vinyl LP Gatefold)-Charisma-CDS 4002-VG/VG US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ SAME SELF / JAPAN WITH OBI US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ - COEXISTENCE 2006 JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes:Relayer Promo Box w/Sticker [Japan Mini-LP no cd Roger Dean patrick moraz Q US $232.75 Buy It Now 1 day
PATRICK MORAZ : PATRICK MORAZ (KEYBOARDIST FOR YES) (18175) - RARITIES US $13.49 [0 bids]
LP PATRICK MORAZ - SAME TITLE (CHARISMA CDS 4015) SCARCE 1978 BRITISH +POSTER! M US $8.30 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ - i , CHARISMA 1976 , EX/EX ,LP US $8.22 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ The Story Of i LP US $21.59 Buy It Now 2 days
JAPAN MINI LP CD PATRICK MORAZ SYRINX CO EXISTENCE US $41.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Coexistence / Libertate by Patrick Moraz (CD, Jul-2006, United States of... US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ Self-Titled 1978 Polydor YES Synth Moody Blues PROG Sealed S/T US $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ- SELF TITLED- RARE LABEL GREEN ATLANTIC US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ ST bonus track JAPAN MINI LP CD US $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ OUT IN THE SUN bonus track JAPAN MINI LP CD US $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes RELAYER cd REMASTER +3 bonus tracks Patrick Moraz US $6.99 [0 bids]
patrick moraz original 1976 uk charisma label vinyl lp cds 4002 US $7.46 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ - CHANGE OF SPACE NEW CD SEALED US $13.20 Buy It Now 2 days
1976 PATRICK MORAZ The Story of I YES solo THAI Thailand 7"45 EP single PS#12 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ - LIVE AT ABBEY ROAD NEW CD SEALED US $13.20 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ-Out In The Sun-JAPAN MINI LP CD Fi83 US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ III REMASETERED IMPORT CD ex YES & MOODY BLUES genius US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ Windows Of Time REMASETERED IMPORT CD YES & MOODY BLUES vet US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ Change Of Space REMAST IMP CD Alex Ligertowood YES MOODY BLUES US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Patrick Moraz - Human Inter Face - Promo Cassette US $21.50 Buy It Now 2 days
PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN [BONUS TRACK] [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $8.68 Buy It Now 2 days
LP PATRICK MORAZ - OUT IN THE SUN (IMPORT IMP 1014) 1977 UK ORIGINAL ISSUE LP US $8.30 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ, COEXISTENCE /MOODY BLUES, YES/ LP 1976 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX-/EX- US $11.61 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ (OF YES, MOODY BLUES) the story of i CDS 4002 A5/B4 LP PS VG+/EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ - COEXISTENCE / LIBERTATE - NEW CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 3 days
REFUGEE (Patrick Moraz) Self Titled S/T 1974 VINYL LP Charisma 6066 PROG US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ YES / MOODY BLUES TEST PRESS PROG ROCK LP "TIME CODE" US $240.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Vapour Trails-self titled LP!John McBurnie(Patrick Moraz/Jackson Heights/CAMEL) US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz - Self-Titled S/T, 1978 Prog/Rock LP, VG, on Charisma, of Yes US $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ - WINDOWS OF TIME [894231124129] - NEW CD US $10.10 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ STORY OF I 1976 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen VJCP 1ST PRESS US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
REFUGEE SAME S/T 1976 JAPAN CD OBI PATRICK MORAZ 2500yen VJCP 1ST PRESS US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mainhorse Self Titled CD *SEALED* Patrick Moraz Moody Blues Yes Main Horse US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ nr mint vinyl lp PATRICK MOROZ US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz Self Titled LP 1978 ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE CANADIAN PRESSING US $6.99 [0 bids]
Patrick Moraz- self titled- 1976- new/sealed 8 Track tape US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Progressive Rock Anthems CD Rick Wakeman Flower Kings Nektar Patrick Moraz YES US $3.99 [0 bids]
Patrick Moraz Patrick Moraz UK vinyl LP album record CDS4015 CHARISMA 1978 US $31.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz - 4 Mini LP CD Japan 2006 +Promo-Box VERY RARE OOP Yes Moody Blues US $200.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ/SYRINX JAZZ FUSION UNIQUE EXYU LP MINT US $28.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Refugee CD Refugee The Nice Patrick Moraz Yes ELP US $29.99 [0 bids]
Coexistence Patrick Moraz vinyl LP album record French 67499 CARRERE 1980 US $22.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz & Bill Bruford Music For Piano And Drums JPN CD album (CDLP) US $62.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Patrick Moraz & Bill Bruford Flags CD album (CDLP) Japanese ARC-7294 ARCĂ?NGELO US $45.65 Buy It Now 3 days
MAINHORSE self titled LP / Patrick Moraz / Visa IMP 1001 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Fish Out Of Water - Chris Squire LP GATEFOLD prog Yes Bill Brufort Patrick Moraz US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PATRICK MORAZ - RESONANCE [PATRICK MORAZ] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $9.18 Buy It Now 4 days
VINYL LP Patrick Moraz - The Story Of i / Atlantic SD 18175 / Prog US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ timecode LP Record SEALED 1984 US $42.50 Buy It Now 4 days
PATRICK MORAZ Self Titled LP EX US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz The Story Of CD NEW SEALED 2006 Yes US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
KIKI DEE Perfect Timing UK Ariola LP PATRICK MORAZ PIP WILLIAMS US $7.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz m- LP Out in the Sun US $5.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz m- promo LP Future Memories II US $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz GF LP same self title US $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz Syrinx m- france LP Coexistence US $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Patrick Moraz-Self Titled-LP-OG Sleeve-Gatefold-Atlantic-SD 18175-Vinyl Record US $10.55 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy PATRICK MORAZ music online Buy PATRICK MORAZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PATRICK MORAZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PATRICK MORAZ Timecode ratings distribution

PATRICK MORAZ Timecode reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars This is not the kind of prog album that I want you to collect. Even, I have difficulty in categorizing the music of this album. For sure, it's not prog at all. Most of songs were performed in pop / disco kind of beat. I can not believe this album is from one of prog rock maestro where his performance in YES "Relayer" was really excellent. Probably, Moraz was tired with the kind of complex music and tried to make it simple. The result was the album that is nowhere to take the best part of it. If I review this album under the corridor of pop or disco music, I still cannot take the best out of it. One track reminds me to the OST from the film "Flash Dance" starred by Jennifer Beals in the 80s from the song "It's a Maniac". Only this thing that I know out of this album.

There is one track that has a sort of prog (probably?) touch, i.e "Black Brain of Positronic Africa". Moraz also used the lead vocal of his previous work: John McBurnie. Bill Bruford contributed to this album using Simon drums on "Life in the Underworld". But, it does not help. Even, I can not sense the touch of Bruford here.

If you really want to get the best albums of Patrick Moraz, you must buy "The Story of I" and "Out In The Sun" albums. GW, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33326) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Warning, beware of the Europop

It is ironic that Moraz is by far best known for his brief time with Yes, which resulted in one classic album ("Relayer"), and part of one live album ("Yesshows"). Prior to that he replaced Keith Emerson in the Nice, who then became known as Refugee. In more recent times, he has also been a part time member of the Moody Blues. Along the way, he has produced a succession of solo albums, "Timecode" being a 1984 release, while he was with said Moodies.

With Moraz enviable heritage, it is difficult to see what he was trying to achieve here, or indeed to offer any words of encouragement. Let's be clear, this album is as prog as Abba, in fact the comparison with that group is quite appropriate. This is an album of pop songs with a dance beat. While Moraz takes on virtually all the instrumental duties himself, the track are dominated by the vocals of John McBurnie, Kitty Bruce, and John Avila. Moraz chants from time to time, but there's little in the way of keyboard solos. By the time we get to track 4, "Life in the underworld", were listening to pure Europop, this particular track would fit right in on a Bucks Fizz b-side.

The only track to offer any redemption, is "Black brains of positronic Africa", an entirely instrumental track which finally sees Moraz taking centre stage. It still has that pop beat, but there are definite jazz noodlings, and at least we get to hear Moraz upfront. From there on in, its more of the same average pop songs.

I guess we all have our off days, but Moraz quality control went haywire here, avoid.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#33327) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Review by greenback
3 stars When I bought this record several years ago, I found it pretty bad and insipid: so, the rating would have been near 0 star. But nowadays, my capability to notice the many good points regarding this record seem to have increased. This record remains VERY underrated in the prog community, since it is not prog at all: maybe people are just afraid to like it, but I am not!

The songs are quite dynamic, unbelievably CATCHY for a prog/fusion composer, and the sound is quite fresh, modern and good: Moraz's keyboards sound more European new wave of the 80's than Latin. It is clear here that Moraz wanted to reach success by "TRYING" to make pop & accessible songs! The problem with most of the prog artists is that they do not have the capability of creating hits. I would say Moraz succeeded at a certain level: indeed, most of his songs here are pretty well made, and their pop, addictive & catchy characters are quite noticeable, although it is probably not accessible enough for the average people: you listen to the keyboards textures, the catchy male & female vocals and the other instruments, and you are able to find many catchy & addictive things that can be appreciated even by a simple minded person; unfortunately this applies to about 50% of the album, like on "No sleep tonight", "I want you", "Overload", "Elastic freedom", "Shakin' with the passion" and "You are the vision of my dreams". I dare to say the catchy parts are worth a 3.5 stars, while the rest is less convincing, reaching say 2.5 stars. "Elastic freedom" is the best track: it is a catchy & accessible pop track, featuring a female singer reminding the Parachute Club's singer. If Moraz extended the catchy & addictive aspects to all the record, then this album would have probably been categorized as a very good pop one!

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#33328) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by daveconn
3 stars I've seen two reviews of this album on ProgArchives, both rating it one out of five stars. Me, I've got precious few single-star arrows in my quiver, as I feel that dismissing any work of art (musical or otherwise) diminishes us, the audience. So first order of business: Timecode isn't a bad album at all. Secondly, a frame of reference by which to admire it: Thomas Dolby, Tony Banks, the Peter Baumann of "Repeat Repeat." Moraz and vocalist John McBurnie plied similar terrain on Out In The Sun, only this time they're blinded by the science of DIY (do it yourself) synthesizer pop. (McBurnie even references the Dolby hit on "Beyond The Pleasure"). I'm not particularly fond of synthesizer pop music, cautious as I am of the thin line that separates guilty pleasure from gullet-choking tripe. Yes, you'll find both on Timecode, sometimes in the same song. For example, the first run-through of "Life In The Underworld" is a hoot, the repetition of it a bore. And the cleverness of "I Want U" is canceled out by a lame entry like "Shakin' With The Passion." McBurnie has a good voice, warmer than a lot of the synthesizer clones (Peter Schilling, Dolby, etc.), and Moraz again makes sound choices with his synthesizers. If you found Bankstatement an unprofitable exercise, then Timecode might be a waste of it. The only progressive moment is the instrumental "Black Brains of Positronic Africa," which sounds uncannily like Chick Corea. The rest of the album is less catchy than The Fugitive, more catchy than Dolby's The Flat Earth, and otherwise a pretty good example of what happens when progressive keyboard players try to cross over into the global pop market. The lyrics are ESeLementary, and a theme of love over the airwaves seems to run through the album, but I don't believe this is a concept album. (The absence of a two-page insert with mad notes and drawings squeezed into the margins would confirm that belief.) I don't believe this is a one-star album either, but rather an average album of synthesizer pop from a fertile mind. And my world feels a little larger for it.

Send comments to daveconn (BETA) | Report this review (#47574) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Post a review of PATRICK MORAZ "Timecode"