TIME

- Mario Mavrin / bass
- Ratko Divjak / drums
- Vedran Bozic / guitar, vocal
- Tihomir Pop Asanovic / Hammond organ

LP Jugoton LPY 60978 (1972); Re-released on CD by Croatia Records in 1993 with 2 bonus tracks "Da li znas da te volim" taken from "Time II" album and "Makedonija" taken from 7" single of 1973.

and to crasy_dars for the last updates

TIME MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TIME Time Music

What Time Is ItWhat Time Is It
Warner Off Roster 1990

Ian Gillan Band "Child in Time" USD $0.75 [0 bids]
HAPPY TIME NURSERY SONGS Herald Nursery Home and Church Series LP 60s SEALED USD $38.99 Buy It Now
AKINO LOST IN TIME VTCL-60002 CD JAPAN OBI USD $50.74 Buy It Now
Time Life Inspiration from Heartland CD Classic Christian Gospel MARTY RAYBON USD $11.67 Buy It Now
Goodyear - Great Songs Of Christmas - Album 5 By Great Artists of Our Time USD $0.99 Buy It Now
STEVE WINWOOD - About Time RARE OOP 11Trk 2003 CD NM Blind Faith Traffic Clapton USD $2.25 [2 bids]
Space and Time [Digipak] * by Nicky Schrire (CD, Sep-2013, Nicky Schrire Music) USD $5.99 Buy It Now
DOWN TO EARTH 45 RECORD/GENERAL COOK/WHAT TIME IT IS PART 1 AND 2/ VG MINUS USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Lot of 4 THE WHISPERS 45s In The Raw, Tonight, Gets Better With Time, Song Donny USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Real Time - O'Brien/Scott (2005, CD New) USD $12.51 Buy It Now
For The First Time-1959-Mario Lanza -Original Movie Soundtrack-Record LP USD $22.59 Buy It Now
Once Upon a Time in China-1991-Vol 1-Soundtrack CD USD $37.67 Buy It Now
Time Goes By / Miu, Wild Sacks / M Band (CD 2005) Japan USD $12.99 Buy It Now
USED (VG) In Time (2008) (Audio CD) USD $17.31 Buy It Now
Destruction Of A Rose - Suspended In Time [CD New] USD $7.90 Buy It Now
DAFT PUNK_One More Time_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA!_C6 USD $7.54 Buy It Now
Friend and lover 45 Time is on your side / reach out of the darkness on Verve VG USD $1.25 Buy It Now
Frank Fontaine His All-Time Favorites Lp Record Album L1 MCA 35034 USD $9.95 Buy It Now
The McGuire Sisters Just For Old Time's Sake Lp Record Album bb1 Coral USD $9.95 Buy It Now
SPIKE NICER-MYSTERY TIME CD NEW USD $11.58 Buy It Now
NEW Hawaiian Time (Audio CD) USD $13.54 Buy It Now
Arlo Guthrie - In Times Like These [CD New] USD $18.92 Buy It Now
W. Schuman - Sym 6/Prayer In Time Of War/New England Triptych [CD New] USD $10.69 Buy It Now
OASIS The Hindu Times CD Single PROMO Sony/Helter Skelter 2002 Austria Pressing USD $8.95 Buy It Now
Carlito Akam - Once Upon a Time - 2015 flamingo guitar digipak CD USD $11.31 Buy It Now
NEIL YOUNG COMES A TIME MSK2266 VG++ VINYL USD $7.50 [4 bids]
25 All Time Family Favorites Lp Music Vinyl Record Album bi1 All Disc #ADS-1 USD $8.95 Buy It Now
Longines Symphonette Bing Crosby All Time Hit Parade Lp Record c1 LWS-224 USD $8.95 Buy It Now
John Denver It's About Time Lp Record Album bd1 RCA Victor USD $8.95 Buy It Now
HO-KAG HOKAGO TEA TIME IN MOVIE(2CD) [Audio CD] ANIMATION PCCG-1128 CD JAPAN NEW USD $46.40 Buy It Now
PARTY ROCK 10 CD DISC 150 HITS, 60s, 70s, ROCK, SOUL, DANCE - TIME LIFE USD $32.00 [15 bids]
Barry White ~ All-Time Greatest Hits ~ Funk Essentials (cassette) Like New USD $11.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.59 Buy It Now
Simple Minds ~ Once Upon A Time ~ (cassette) nice condition new case USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.79 Buy It Now
USED (LN) Time Was (2005) (Audio CD) USD $17.31 Buy It Now
BONNIE RAITT/BEST Incl.I Can't Make U Love Me,Nick Of Time... Like New! USD $7.99 Buy It Now
William Clarke - Groove Time [CD New] USD $15.85 Buy It Now
Rockin' on Broadway: The Time, Brent, Shad Story New CD USD $16.93 Buy It Now
ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, CD "SWING TIME" NEW SEALED USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Bollywood LP Vinyl Record Soundtrack Hindi - All Time Favourites Lata Mangeshkar USD $18.00 [0 bids]
USED (LN) It's Time (2005) (Audio CD) USD $8.26 Buy It Now
THE JUDDS RIVER OF TIME MUSIC CD (#tan) USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Dean Martin gentle on my mind inc. by the time I get to Phoenix vg+ USD $12.82 Buy It Now
RUXIE RANKIN Big Time Living 45 Reggae HUMBLE LION #A280 USD $15.00 Buy It Now
BOB DYLAN: Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 / Pledging My Time 45 (Canada, original ora USD $12.00 Buy It Now
The BELL NOTES - I've Had It / Be Mine TIME 1004 45rpm USD $12.95 Buy It Now
Lucy Pearl : Lucy Pearl (CD 2000) DANCE TONIGHT / REMEMBER THE TIMES -FREE SHIPN USD $4.88 Buy It Now
Beethoven - His Life His Times His Music Bernard Lebow / David Randolph USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Blues / Inst 45 - TARHEEL SLIM - Superstitious / No Time At All USD $15.00 [0 bids]
KRISHNA DAS Live on Earth (For a Limited Time Only) 2-DISC CD 2002 USD $13.49 Buy It Now
Deric Ruttan - First Time In A Long Time [CD New] USD $12.66 Buy It Now
Test Of Time - Gypsy Soul (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.89 Buy It Now
Grass Roots - All Time Greatest Hits [CD New] USD $8.18 Buy It Now
FLUNK Morning Star w On My Balcony & Six Seven Times + True Faith CD NEW ORDER USD $21.99 Buy It Now
All-Time Greatest Hits by Peggy Lee - Vol.1 - CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Time Honoured Ghosts UICY-93045 CD JAPAN OBI USD $81.15 Buy It Now
Etta James - Time After Time/Mystery Lady 2CD New Sealed Soul-Jazz USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Sarah Vaughan Legendary Singers Time Life NEW SEALED 2 LP vinyl record box set USD $24.99 Buy It Now
Old Time Hammered Dulcimer Favorites - Mich & Friends Dohert (CD Used Very Good) USD $17.09 Buy It Now
DEAD CAN DANCE - "A Passage In Time" 16-track comp CD - 4AD / Ryko- LISA GERRARD USD $6.00 Buy It Now
Enya - Only Time 3 Track CD Single USD $6.75 Buy It Now
Capitol 60s era Sampler Lp TIME TO GET TOGETHER Lothar Hand People QUICKSILVER USD $15.00 Buy It Now
TIME ZONE Zulu THE WILDSTYLE orig.US 12" with GRAFFITI JACKET USD $20.00 Buy It Now
LIFE 45 Snake Bite / One O' Clock Noon Time HI 1068 Garage Rock PROMO VG+ c1300 USD $15.00 Buy It Now
THE HAPPY TIME OST LP JOHN KANDER FRED EBB USD $20.00 Buy It Now
TERESA BREWER 45 Time / My Sweet Went Away CORAL 1952 Pop PROMO VG++ w214 USD $20.00 Buy It Now
2 Brave - Big Time Beat POOL-20128 JAPAN CD A7 USD $12.74 Buy It Now
Roseland Hunters - This Time [CD New] USD $13.98 Buy It Now
TIME-same '72 YUGO LP ORIG. YUGO PROG GEM!! USD $30.97 Buy It Now
Johnny Mathis The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face COLUMBIA pc 31342 shrink NM USD $7.32 Buy It Now
WHITMAN,SLIM-20 Greatest All Time Hymns CD NEW USD $10.96 Buy It Now
DIANE CUNNINGHAM PARTY TIME , SOMEDAY BABY FONTANA 1601 ,L-M- ,VINYL =V-VG USD $16.99 Buy It Now
Andrew Lloyd Webber 24 All Time Hits/2 CDs 24 Tracks / Orlando Pops Orchestra USD $2.95 Buy It Now
Beautiful Music - All Time Million Sellers CD 101 Strings Pre-Owned USD $2.95 Buy It Now
Time Life CLASSIC COUNTRY 80s Love Songs CD RONNIE MILSAP KATHY MATTEA ALABAMA USD $14.59 Buy It Now
Music of Your Life CD Box set by Time Life - 10 Disc Boxset USD $45.00 Buy It Now
Bryan Duncan - The Last Time I Was Here (CD, 1998, Word (BMG), USA) USD $7.99 Buy It Now
SAM HAWKINS 45 Queen Of Hearts / Am I Just Wasting My Time PROMO Sweet Soul w628 USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Bryan Duncan - The Last Time I Was Here (CD, 1998, Word Distribution,USA) SEALED USD $10.99 Buy It Now
Oh Time, Wait Literary-Musical Composition Khromchenko USD $6.00 Buy It Now
Beau Brummels - Time Capsule (1982 Accord Records 4XJ-7931) New Sealed Cassette USD $5.50 Buy It Now
BOOM CRASH OPERA These Here Are Crazy Times CD includes Onion Skin USD $4.45 Buy It Now
Johnson, David Earle Time Is Free CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Ultimate Rock N Roll Time Vol. 1 2 3 Total 16 CDs USD $19.95 [0 bids]
USD $39.95 Buy It Now
GRAMMY AWARDS Archive Collection N-Mint vinyl Box ALL TIME WINNERS Franklin Mint USD $20.00 Buy It Now
TEDDY PENDERGRASS it's time for love Lp RECORD DISCO FUNK SOUL 1981 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
GHETTO ARC VOL.1 serious times Japan 2 CD SEALED Reggae USD $5.99 Buy It Now
EDDY ARNOLD "ALL-TIME FAVORITES" (LP Sound Condition) USD $2.95 Buy It Now
DAVID SANBORN - TIME AND THE RIVER VINYL LP NEW+ USD $34.46 Buy It Now
TIME FOR LOVING Soundtrack ENGLAND LP Michel Legrand USD $20.00 Buy It Now
JOHNNY DAYE 45 Good Time / I've Got Soul SOMADA Soul #A486 USD $20.00 Buy It Now
LOREN SCHOENBERG and his jazz orchestra TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE CIJD 20137M USD $20.00 Buy It Now
TEDDY WASHINGTON 45 Hard Times / Come On MAXX Soul PROMO #B872 USD $20.00 Buy It Now
3 lps It's Time for MIKE DOUGLAS +the Men in my Little Girl's Life mono + stereo USD $20.00 Buy It Now
The Time is Now by Twila Paris - VG+ Used CD (1995) Christian Pop USD $1.99 Buy It Now
GEORGE BENSON 7" VINYL P/S LADY LOVE ME (ONE MORE TIME) W 9614 EX USD $3.65 Buy It Now
KEITH MICHELL lot of 2 promo LPs AUSTRALIA ACTOR Sings Broadway Songs Of My Time USD $20.00 Buy It Now
AMBASSADORS 45 Can't Believe Ya / El Grippo TIME Rn'R Instrumental VG+ w263 USD $20.00 Buy It Now
the ROYAL LANCERS garage rock 45 GOOD GOOD LOVIN / THIS TIME mint minus e0886 USD $19.00 Buy It Now
Time Flies: The Best of Huey Lewis & the News by Huey Lewis & the News (CD,... USD $7.50 Buy It Now
FLOATERS: I Am So Glad I Took My Time / Take One Step At A Time 45 Soul USD $12.00 Buy It Now

More places to buy TIME music online Buy TIME & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TIME Time ratings distribution

TIME Time reviews

Review by Seyo
5 stars Listening to this album today it may sound dated and old-fashioned, but one should keep in mind the fact that this was the very first LP record of progressive rock in ex-Yugoslavia, released only shortly before the equally important KORNI GRUPA's eponimous debut. Year 1972 marks the real beginning of rock album discography in this country. Thereafter, every next year would see more and more LP records released. "Time" is not a perfect album, production is very basic with some instruments not enough present, but given the overall importance it must be highly rated. The key songs were on the B side of the vynil: "Kralj alkohol", wonderful piano-driven jazz ballad about the sorrowful life of the alcoholics, and epic 10-minute "Za koji zivot treba da se rodim" with philosophical lyrics about a man's role in the life and excellent Hammond and piano exchange. On the A side there are: a strong blues-rock opener "Istina masina", a beautiful acoustic ballad with nice flute melody "Pjesma No. 3" and a jolly instrumental with scat singing "Hegedupa upa", possibly influenced by FOCUS' "Hocus Pocus". The CD re-release 1993 by Croatia Records includes bonus: a popular folk-inspired single "Makedonija" and a power ballad "Da li znas da te volim" from "Time II" album. Highly recommended listening for anyone.
Review by clarke2001
4 stars "Time" from the band TIME is one of the best progressive rock albums from former Yugoslavia. Why? Well, let us do vivisection of the each song:

1. Istina masina (Truth Machine) Brilliant hard-rocker, but not your average DEEP PURPLE tune. Strange, unusual, interesting bass line. Slightest touch of Moog. Lyrics about sex and sexuality, so untypical for prog.

2. Pjesma no3 (Song No.3) Beautiful ballad full of jazzy chords and awesome flute solos, creating a rainy and melancholic feel. Unbeatable love lyrics. Dado Topic's vocal excels here.

3. Hegedupa upa (Hegedupa Upa) Instrumental (except for a few "da da da dam" vocals, reminds me a bit of TULL and FOCUS from the same period. Funny, but smart. It starts with unison melody on acoustic guitar and vocals and develops into the cacophony of Hammond, flute, bass and multiple vocals. Very gradually and very tasteful.

4. Kralj alkohol (King Alcohol) Nice lament with social lyrics, featuring heavy Rhodes and tasteful Hammond solo. Imagine TOM WAITS or VAN MORRISON in progressive waters. However, this song is prog only for a few fusion chords and atmosphere.

5. Za koji zivot treba da se rodim (For Which Life I Should Be Born) This is a multipart epic, with lyrics about existence, meaning of life and one's place in the space and the time...catchy bass lines, flute solos and twirling Hammond. A must.

Two tracks from this album are not listed on PA for some reason (I think they are bonus tracks on CD reissue), and they are:

6. Da li znas da te volim (Do You Know That I Love You) ...which was a huge hit, and of course it's less progressive than other tracks. Nice love ballad utilising only three chords, but with nice development on electric piano and mellotron. Mellotron is not easily recognizable because it's hidden behind the layers of string orchestrations.

7.Makedonija (Macedonia) A good, short track in pure rock style, with acoustic guitar and short but catchy solos on electric guitar. Nice 7/8 groove. Lyrics are not in Macedonian (as someone might expect from former-Yugoslav band), they're in Croatian as the rest of the album. Catchy, catchy, catchy.

Overall, this is an excellent album showing diversity of styles on each track but somehow it remains homogeneous in sound.

But how does this album sounds in general?

This band is lacking more Moogs and that sophisticated/almost polished sound of "prog giant's" albums such are"Snow Goose" or "Benefit", or maybe that's just my impression... Well, you know all those bands with hard rock edge like PURPLE, HEEP, WISHBONE ASH etc? They're all bordering prog, however most proggers love them. TIME is something in-between them and "prog giants", filling that gap. The only thing that prevents me from rating this beauty 5/5 is lack of one more or two multipart epics instead of mainstream tunes. However, this is a sheer joy. Give it a try.

Review by FruMp
4 stars Great early prog from Yugoslavia.

TIME is a great album, surprisingly great. The music is in the vein of heavy prog acts from the 60's and 70's they remind me a lot of URIAH HEAP , there is a lot of great beefy organ action going on which is always great. Istina Masina is a strong start with some great hooks, Za Koji Zivot is my favourite of the album though a 10 minute long that breaks down into a funky jam with some great solos from guitar, flute and organ.

A little known album well worth investigating if you're into 70's heavy prog.

4 stars I have to thank Todd for the heads up on this one.TIME was a Progressive Rock band from what was then Yugolslavia, and this is their debut released in 1972. The singer here had been with KORNI GRUPA but he left them in 1971 and helped form this band. From the descriptions i've read about this band I wasn't so sure if I would like it. The mention of Proto-Prog and some of the heavier early bands like URIAH HEEP and DEEP PURPLE gave me low expectations. After many listens I can't hear how the two bands I mentioned sound anything like TIME, but I will admit there is this Proto-Prog flavour here, but this is far better than most Proto-Prog bands i've listened to,and proggier.The vocals are the key, they're so warm and well done, I can't say enough about them. Keyboards and guitar are outstanding while the bass and drums are also excellent and prominant.

"Istina Masina" has this catchy rhythm with vocals.The organ that comes in is a little nasty. Guitar to the fore late. "Pjesma No3" opens with light drums and flute. Very pastoral. Reserved vocals before a minute.The organ floats in. A fuller sound before 2 minutes with passionate vocals but it settles back quickly. Laid back guitar too.Themes are repeated. "Hegedupa Upa" opens with strummed guitar as vocal melodies join in. Organ and drums before a minute. Flute follows. Guitar before 3 1/2 minutes makes some noise.This is great !

"Kralj Alkohol" starts and stops twice but the third time is the charm. Piano, light drums and reserved vocals lead the way.The organ before 3 minutes takes the lead. Nice. Back to the earlier sound then the organ returns 5 1/2 minutes in. "Za Koji Zivot Treba Da Se Rodim" is my favourite and the longest at around 10 minutes.Gentle guitar as reserved vocals join in. It kicks in before a minute. Nice. Electric guitar follows. An excellent instrumental section with piano. Flute then replaces the piano 4 1/2 minutes in as he lets it rip. A nice and heavy sound here. It's the guitars turn after 5 1/2 minutes. A calm before 7 minutes. Organ floats in as it builds. Vocals are back before 8 1/2 minutes. Big finish.

Very enjoyable and a solid 4 stars.

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
5 stars The first progressive rock LP in Yugoslavia probably.

Now I'm guessing that before TIME only the beat/rock band GRUPA 220 released one LP in 1968, and their leader DRAGO MLINAREC just started it's solo career a year before with his debut, but I don't think it was until the second album he really got into his familiar prog folk sound; other greats like INDEXI and KORNI GRUPA were still releasing mostly singles at the time. So the statement of first prog rock would be true I think.

The sound and similar bands that I would use to describe TIME are a bit horrible to me though; mostly hard rock or proto-prog artists in the early years, and to mention DEEP PURPLE or similar artists it just doesn't excite me at all cause they are too classic.

So why does this early prog work? First, I think the length of it is perfect. Half hour seems small but it contains everything it has to; every song is different and recognizable and I don't get lost in tens of hard rock numbers. There is the hard rock opener, followed by a love ballad, instrumental number, a slower more atmosphere and keyboard oriented piece and of course, a 10 minute epic about life itself. It's not that groundbreaking internationally as albums go, but it's nice how it doesn't go overboard, it's all contained nicely and leaves you wanting more.

Vocals of DADO TOPIC are excellent and enjoyable (and it doesn't surprise that later on he would dedicate himself more to pop rock because of them). The more atmosphere oriented songs like the love ballad are effective and emotional, "Mr Alkohol" being more of a serious tone but more fun as well. Also loads of rhythms and basslines are very catchy which is also something that makes the album stand out. Sound is satisfiyng, even if little touches like yelling one, two, three or intentional mistake while starting the song give it a bit of garage rock feel, maybe production could be better but overall it makes it charming for me.

Truth be told, only the epic "Za Koji Zivot Da Se Rodim" ("For Which Life Should I Be Born") fits fully into prog territory and some might find this record more of a transitional stage between rock/blues and prog, as lot of those proto prog bands do. As an album that would represent music history of the region though, it's absolutely essential, and I would put it side by side with the best music ever come out of the ex country.

5 stars Even though I'm from Croatia i tried not to be biassed. When i heard few of albums songs it really surprised me for the originality of the band. In that period of time i listened only hard rock, bands like DP, Uriah Heep, Grand Funk, etc. Hardly anything would surprised me, but this album, especiall ... (read more)

Report this review (#1191081) | Posted by aneznam | Wednesday, June 11, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of the best prog-oriented debut albums made in ex-Yugoslavia. Dado Topic's Time was oriented towards a more sympho-prog sound, with a bit of hard rock. The opening 'Istina Masina' (Truth Machine) is very well known. It really stands out as a nice example of pre-Bijelo Dugme rock in YU. 'Pjes ... (read more)

Report this review (#173293) | Posted by In the Flesh? | Sunday, June 8, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In the summer of 1972 I attended TIME concert in Dubrovnik on which they were playing material from their debut album. I remember that their playing and the whole performance was so impressive that nearby standing Dutch friends, mislead by band's name , thought that some english band was on st ... (read more)

Report this review (#77234) | Posted by bsurmano | Friday, May 5, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Seeing these guys perform live a month ago felt great, they still sound as powerful as in 1972 on the debut album. This is simply excellent recording even being too short (bellow 30 minutes), definitely one of the best albums former Yugoslavian music scene had to offer. The lyrics are in Serbo ... (read more)

Report this review (#74617) | Posted by auggie_p | Tuesday, April 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is the first one in the string of four essential prog-rock albums from Yugoslavia during seventies,other three being Korni grupa's debut,Indexi's "Modra rijeka" and Tako's self titled debut.Dado Topic,lead singer,formed Time after departure from Korni grupa 1971,and immediately ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#57081) | Posted by ljubaspriest | Saturday, November 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is probably the best rock album ever realised in Yugoslavia ,but i don't think this is a prog rock album even if its really great.The only bad thing is the production,but these musicians are brilliant, the single 'Makedonija' which is not included in first album is their best work and on ... (read more)

Report this review (#33614) | Posted by | Tuesday, January 4, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Great fusion prog! This is more of a proto-prog album in the vein of Deep Purple. The closest to prog is the epic "Za koji zivot treba da se rodim". All tracks are solid and the voice of the singer Dado Topic is very pleasant. I have the CD reissue with excellent bonus tracks: folk rocker "Mak ... (read more)

Report this review (#33613) | Posted by terramystic | Tuesday, January 4, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TIME "Time"