TIME

- Mario Mavrin / bass
- Ratko Divjak / drums
- Vedran Bozic / guitar, vocal
- Tihomir Pop Asanovic / Hammond organ

LP Jugoton LPY 60978 (1972); Re-released on CD by Croatia Records in 1993 with 2 bonus tracks "Da li znas da te volim" taken from "Time II" album and "Makedonija" taken from 7" single of 1973.

and to crasy_dars for the last updates

TIME MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TIME Time Music

What Time Is ItWhat Time Is It
Warner Off Roster 1990

Yarbrough & Peoples - Don't Waste Your Time Remix & Dub Versions 12" 1984 DISCO USD $8.88 Buy It Now
JARVIS COCKER Don't Let Him Waste Your Time UK CD single promo 2007 near mint USD $5.10 Buy It Now
Gontiti - Gravity Loves Time ESCB-1309 JAPAN CD G4 USD $5.99 Buy It Now
COWSILLS 45 RPM - We Can Fly / Time for Remembrance USD $10.75 Buy It Now
THE ADVERTS - 'NO TIME TO BE 21' - 7'' RARE LABEL+ PS - PISTOLS / CLASH / DAMNED USD $9.58 Buy It Now
Time Life Hit Parade 1949 NEW & SEALED vinyl LP gatefold cover USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Slim Whitman S/T Time CD 1997 Canadian Issue 16 Tracks SEALED USD $4.20 Buy It Now
HAWKWIND 2 Books & Lmt Ed CD: Time of Hawklords/Queens of Deliria/Decide Future USD $16.99 Buy It Now
CHRIS FARLOWE 45 RPM - Out Of Time (1966) USD $17.50 Buy It Now
TIME LIFE RECORDS: MOZART - COLLECTION Of 5 - VINYL - LPS - 1979 USD $64.99 Buy It Now
Lou Reed - New York (CD, BMG, Sire) Halloween Parade, There Is No Time USD $1.31 Buy It Now
JERRY BUTLER 45 RPM - Good Times (1965) USD $15.75 Buy It Now
Sue Thompson-Have A Good Time USD $3.78 [0 bids]
STEVIE WONDER - A Time To Love (CD) . FREE UK P+P ............................ USD $4.46 Buy It Now
Supergrass - Time/Alright (CD) .... FREE UK P+P .............................. USD $4.46 Buy It Now
ROD STEWART - Still The Same...Great Rock Classics Of Our Time (CD) FREE UK P+P USD $4.46 Buy It Now
PERZONAL WAR - INSIDE THE NEW TIME CHAOZ VINYL LP NEW+ USD $26.92 Buy It Now
McGRAW BROTHERS 45 RPM Chantilly Lace / Time and Place (1964) USD $19.95 Buy It Now
Relentless Flood - Time Is Now [New CD] USD $13.73 Buy It Now
BOB SEGER -(45)- OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL / SUNSPOT BABY - CAPITOL - 4702 - 1978 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Godsmack : Good Times Bad Times: 10 Years of Godsmack (W/Dvd) CD (2007) USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Threshold - Ravages of Time [New CD] Italy - Import USD $10.57 Buy It Now
Harry Belafonte All Time Greatest hits Volume 1 CD Classic 70s Pop Anthology USD $13.49 Buy It Now
Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time (Three Disc Expanded Edit) (NEW CD USD $25.54 Buy It Now
Been Thinking About You All The Time (Record Store Day 2015) USD $15.34 Buy It Now
Time-Life Music Big Bands - Woody Herman (1992 A-17590/R960-08) USD $3.95 [0 bids]
Carpenters, The Carpenters - As Time Goes By [New CD] USD $10.68 Buy It Now
B.B. KING - (I'D BE) A LEGEND IN MY TIME - 1982 7" MINT - MORE BLUES IN MY SHOP USD $6.39 Buy It Now
Living Colour - Time's Up - Living Colour CD IMVG USD $7.32 Buy It Now
Heart Of Classic Rock Popular Rock Songs Time Life 10 CD BOX SEALED Free Ship! USD $33.92 Buy It Now
As Time Goes By - Carpenters (CD Used Very Good) USD $8.68 Buy It Now
Tracy Lawrence - Time Marches On - Tracy Lawrence CD 8EVG USD $4.44 Buy It Now
Laine, Cleo - Quality Time - Laine, Cleo CD FYVG USD $6.47 Buy It Now
Various - 100 Gramophone All-Time Greats - Various CD O4VG USD $18.72 Buy It Now
Pinky & Perky - All Time Greats - Pinky & Perky CD DUVG USD $17.66 Buy It Now
Collister, Christine - The Dark Gift Of Time - Collister, Christine CD U4VG USD $9.40 Buy It Now
BRITNEY SPEARS GLEEFULLY RARE BABY ONE MORE TIME CD / LP COVER ART POSTER USD $44.95 Buy It Now
Dead Can Dance - A Passage In Time - Dead Can Dance CD 8LVG USD $11.59 Buy It Now
2 cd set THE ROLLING STONES SPRING TIME IN MONTREAL Montreal apr 1998 USD $47.43 Buy It Now
YOUNGHEARTS-DO YOU HAVE THE TIME-20TH CENTURY T-427 NO BARCODES VG/VG+ LP USD $24.98 Buy It Now
ROGER SMITH 45 RPM & PS - 77 SUNSET STRIP Beach Time USD $17.50 Buy It Now
1970s 8-track- Crying Time - Ray Charles USD $3.95 Buy It Now
NORMA LEWIS MAYBE THIS TIME SINGLE EP BRAZIL DANCE POP USD $39.00 Buy It Now
Time To Grow_LEMAR_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA USD $9.08 Buy It Now
TRACY BYRD VERY RARE ABOUT TIME COUNTER STANDEE CD / LP COVER ART MINI POSTER USD $19.95 Buy It Now
BRAD SWANSON: 22 ALL~TIME ORGAN FAVORITES 8~Track Tape Pop Music ~ New Sealed USD $7.00 Buy It Now
Body and Soul COLLECTION Time Life 10 CD BOX NEW SEALED Free Shipping! USD $49.99 Buy It Now
Times Square soundtrack 2xLP w/Ramones/The Cure/Talking Heads... Still Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now
CD Krautrock Prog Psych Dom Edge Of Time SB063 USD $16.99 Buy It Now
PHILP OAKEY & GIORGIO MORODER - LOT OF 2 7"S -GOOD-BYE BAD TIMES,BE MY LOVER NOW USD $5.11 Buy It Now
EMLYN HUGHES & SUZANNE DANDO & THE KINGSWINFORD CHOIR - At Christmas Time - 1983 USD $11.49 Buy It Now
Scatterock ?- Time / Wonder Woman ORIG UK 12" NEAR MINT 1979 ROOTS Rite Sound USD $19.15 Buy It Now
(GO812) My Tiger My Timing, Endless Summer - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.13 Buy It Now
Right on Time by The Brothers Johnson (CD, Apr-1996, A&M (USA)) USD $2.88 Buy It Now
TIME ZONE WORLD ... Original 1985 SOUNDS Trade Press Advert Poster Size ## USD $11.49 Buy It Now
PLATINUM HOOK - Time / Lover What You've Done (To Me) - NEAR MINT- 1978 Motown USD $9.63 Buy It Now
Sizzla - Crucial Times (NEW 12" VINYL LP) USD $15.41 Buy It Now
RICK JAMES - BIG TIME - 1980 12" - LOTS MORE MOTOWN DISCO & FUNK 12"S IN MY SHOP USD $3.51 Buy It Now
VARIOUS (TIMES TWO / TESS / TEDDY PENDERGRASS) - 1988 - WEA - PROMO 320 - Italy USD $21.04 Buy It Now
28 TIMED SOUND EFFECTS, 50-1970 REALISTIC USD $13.00 Buy It Now
NEIL DIAMOND: AS TIME GOES BY[2 CD SET] MOON RIVER,THE LOOK OF LOVE++] NEW] USD $16.98 Buy It Now
BLUE MINK-A TIME OF CHANGE-JAPAN MINI LP CD G35 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
Times Like These by Buddy Jewell sealed cd USD $5.00 Buy It Now
SUNGJE FROM CHOSHINSEI (SUPERNOVA)-IT'S TIME TYPE-B-JAPAN CD+DVD I19 USD $34.99 Buy It Now
The Riotous, Raucous, Red-Hot 20s / Together For The Last Time... With Ira Iron USD $4.09 Buy It Now
Owen Paul-My favourite waste of time-1986 12" single USD $6.38 Buy It Now
PAT BENATAR "PRECIOUS TIME" 1981 MUSIC TAPE ROCK, POP ALBUM CLASSIC EX! USD $2.69 Buy It Now
HIDALGO,GIOVANNI-TIME SHIFTER CD NEW USD $15.19 Buy It Now
Them - And the Times They Were A-Changin' - Them CD HGVG USD $10.97 Buy It Now
Pic? & Chown-S`bout Time CD NEW USD $16.71 Buy It Now
VINYL LP - CONNIE FRANCIS - 20 ALL TIME GREATS - 2391290 USD $11.49 Buy It Now
TEN YEARS AFTER 8-TRACK " A Space In Time " COLUMBIA 1971' ** 8 PISTES ** USD $22.23 Buy It Now
THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA All-Time Classics 1973 UK LP EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $11.49 Buy It Now
Various Artists-Hixville: We'll Have a Good Time, Yes-siree! - Custom PresCD NEW USD $16.94 Buy It Now
Jim Reeves-I Lived A Lot In My Time CD NEW USD $13.31 Buy It Now
CLIFF RICHARD NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN THE ROCK 'N' ROLL YEARS 1958-1960 2CD 2011 USD $8.68 Buy It Now
Jamall Badry Old Time Religion Gospel LP Album 1974 USD $3.49 Buy It Now
TONY ORLANDO & DAWN SEALED LP - PRIME TIME BELL 1317 USD $15.75 Buy It Now
TIME OF DESTINY - Ennio Morricone Film Soundtrack LP USD $17.50 Buy It Now
Endstille Sew On Patch/Patches NEW OFFICIAL. Choice of 3 designs USD $6.07 Buy It Now
TIME FOR US SEALED LP - LOVE SONGS Various Artists USD $17.50 Buy It Now
COOKIE JACKSON Try Love (Just One More Time) NEW NORTHERN SOUL 45 (OUTTA SIGHT) USD $12.76 Buy It Now
CHER|; The Greatest Hits [Remaster] TURN BACK TIME,ALL I RELLY WANT TO DO++ USD $12.98 Buy It Now
DIE ANTWOORD - MOUNT NINJI AND DA NICE TIME KID (GATEFOLD 2LP) 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $33.52 Buy It Now
All-Time Hits, Vol. 1 by Willie Nelson (Cassette, Dec-1988, RCA) USD $24.99 Buy It Now
REM out of time CD album USD $1.28 [0 bids]
FRANK BARBER NOW'S THE TIME...LOVE WILL ALWAYS MATTER (VINYL LP USA RARE )*1100 USD $38.27 Buy It Now
HAPPY TIME POLKA PARTY VINYL RECORD USD $4.96 Buy It Now
Relation Inc. 45 w/ps Any Other Lover / Good Times~VG++exec.pr.Kim FowleyDetroit USD $4.90 Buy It Now
LIVE AT THE FILLMORE HANSON TAIWAN VCD RARE ZAC TAYLOR ISAAC THIS TIME AROUND USD $22.69 Buy It Now
vinyl LP MANTOVANI PLAYS all-time romantic hits USD $6.39 Buy It Now
STEVE MANTELLI SEALED LP - This Time Around is for Me USD $24.95 Buy It Now
BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD - LAST TIME AROUND (1968) - 1992 ATCO REMASTERED CD USD $8.30 Buy It Now
TIME-LIFE MUSIC: YOUR HIT PARADE-1948 CD OOP 24 SONGS!!!! USD $7.75 Buy It Now
TRACE ADKINS BIG TIME CD LIKE NEW Free Shipping AL WYNTOR TNN WSM USD $3.95 Buy It Now
PRINCE - Sign Or The Times - 1987 - Paisley Park - W 8399 T - Uk USD $25.75 Buy It Now
LONESTAR: THIS CHRISTMAS TIME*SANTA CLAUSE IS COMING TO TOWN*O HOLY NIGHT CD USD $19.95 Buy It Now
Mantovani & Orchestra: Plays All Time Greatest Hits Volume 1 - 8 Track Tape USD $17.99 Buy It Now
MARK WILLS 2nd Time Around CD Digipak Signed Autographed USD $16.50 Buy It Now
Jim Croce: Time in a Bottle, Jim Croce's Greatest Love Songs - 8 Track Tape USD $17.99 Buy It Now

More places to buy TIME music online Buy TIME & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TIME Time ratings distribution

TIME Time reviews

Review by Seyo
5 stars Listening to this album today it may sound dated and old-fashioned, but one should keep in mind the fact that this was the very first LP record of progressive rock in ex-Yugoslavia, released only shortly before the equally important KORNI GRUPA's eponimous debut. Year 1972 marks the real beginning of rock album discography in this country. Thereafter, every next year would see more and more LP records released. "Time" is not a perfect album, production is very basic with some instruments not enough present, but given the overall importance it must be highly rated. The key songs were on the B side of the vynil: "Kralj alkohol", wonderful piano-driven jazz ballad about the sorrowful life of the alcoholics, and epic 10-minute "Za koji zivot treba da se rodim" with philosophical lyrics about a man's role in the life and excellent Hammond and piano exchange. On the A side there are: a strong blues-rock opener "Istina masina", a beautiful acoustic ballad with nice flute melody "Pjesma No. 3" and a jolly instrumental with scat singing "Hegedupa upa", possibly influenced by FOCUS' "Hocus Pocus". The CD re-release 1993 by Croatia Records includes bonus: a popular folk-inspired single "Makedonija" and a power ballad "Da li znas da te volim" from "Time II" album. Highly recommended listening for anyone.
Review by clarke2001
4 stars "Time" from the band TIME is one of the best progressive rock albums from former Yugoslavia. Why? Well, let us do vivisection of the each song:

1. Istina masina (Truth Machine) Brilliant hard-rocker, but not your average DEEP PURPLE tune. Strange, unusual, interesting bass line. Slightest touch of Moog. Lyrics about sex and sexuality, so untypical for prog.

2. Pjesma no3 (Song No.3) Beautiful ballad full of jazzy chords and awesome flute solos, creating a rainy and melancholic feel. Unbeatable love lyrics. Dado Topic's vocal excels here.

3. Hegedupa upa (Hegedupa Upa) Instrumental (except for a few "da da da dam" vocals, reminds me a bit of TULL and FOCUS from the same period. Funny, but smart. It starts with unison melody on acoustic guitar and vocals and develops into the cacophony of Hammond, flute, bass and multiple vocals. Very gradually and very tasteful.

4. Kralj alkohol (King Alcohol) Nice lament with social lyrics, featuring heavy Rhodes and tasteful Hammond solo. Imagine TOM WAITS or VAN MORRISON in progressive waters. However, this song is prog only for a few fusion chords and atmosphere.

5. Za koji zivot treba da se rodim (For Which Life I Should Be Born) This is a multipart epic, with lyrics about existence, meaning of life and one's place in the space and the time...catchy bass lines, flute solos and twirling Hammond. A must.

Two tracks from this album are not listed on PA for some reason (I think they are bonus tracks on CD reissue), and they are:

6. Da li znas da te volim (Do You Know That I Love You) ...which was a huge hit, and of course it's less progressive than other tracks. Nice love ballad utilising only three chords, but with nice development on electric piano and mellotron. Mellotron is not easily recognizable because it's hidden behind the layers of string orchestrations.

7.Makedonija (Macedonia) A good, short track in pure rock style, with acoustic guitar and short but catchy solos on electric guitar. Nice 7/8 groove. Lyrics are not in Macedonian (as someone might expect from former-Yugoslav band), they're in Croatian as the rest of the album. Catchy, catchy, catchy.

Overall, this is an excellent album showing diversity of styles on each track but somehow it remains homogeneous in sound.

But how does this album sounds in general?

This band is lacking more Moogs and that sophisticated/almost polished sound of "prog giant's" albums such are"Snow Goose" or "Benefit", or maybe that's just my impression... Well, you know all those bands with hard rock edge like PURPLE, HEEP, WISHBONE ASH etc? They're all bordering prog, however most proggers love them. TIME is something in-between them and "prog giants", filling that gap. The only thing that prevents me from rating this beauty 5/5 is lack of one more or two multipart epics instead of mainstream tunes. However, this is a sheer joy. Give it a try.

Review by FruMp
4 stars Great early prog from Yugoslavia.

TIME is a great album, surprisingly great. The music is in the vein of heavy prog acts from the 60's and 70's they remind me a lot of URIAH HEAP , there is a lot of great beefy organ action going on which is always great. Istina Masina is a strong start with some great hooks, Za Koji Zivot is my favourite of the album though a 10 minute long that breaks down into a funky jam with some great solos from guitar, flute and organ.

A little known album well worth investigating if you're into 70's heavy prog.

4 stars I have to thank Todd for the heads up on this one.TIME was a Progressive Rock band from what was then Yugolslavia, and this is their debut released in 1972. The singer here had been with KORNI GRUPA but he left them in 1971 and helped form this band. From the descriptions i've read about this band I wasn't so sure if I would like it. The mention of Proto-Prog and some of the heavier early bands like URIAH HEEP and DEEP PURPLE gave me low expectations. After many listens I can't hear how the two bands I mentioned sound anything like TIME, but I will admit there is this Proto-Prog flavour here, but this is far better than most Proto-Prog bands i've listened to,and proggier.The vocals are the key, they're so warm and well done, I can't say enough about them. Keyboards and guitar are outstanding while the bass and drums are also excellent and prominant.

"Istina Masina" has this catchy rhythm with vocals.The organ that comes in is a little nasty. Guitar to the fore late. "Pjesma No3" opens with light drums and flute. Very pastoral. Reserved vocals before a minute.The organ floats in. A fuller sound before 2 minutes with passionate vocals but it settles back quickly. Laid back guitar too.Themes are repeated. "Hegedupa Upa" opens with strummed guitar as vocal melodies join in. Organ and drums before a minute. Flute follows. Guitar before 3 1/2 minutes makes some noise.This is great !

"Kralj Alkohol" starts and stops twice but the third time is the charm. Piano, light drums and reserved vocals lead the way.The organ before 3 minutes takes the lead. Nice. Back to the earlier sound then the organ returns 5 1/2 minutes in. "Za Koji Zivot Treba Da Se Rodim" is my favourite and the longest at around 10 minutes.Gentle guitar as reserved vocals join in. It kicks in before a minute. Nice. Electric guitar follows. An excellent instrumental section with piano. Flute then replaces the piano 4 1/2 minutes in as he lets it rip. A nice and heavy sound here. It's the guitars turn after 5 1/2 minutes. A calm before 7 minutes. Organ floats in as it builds. Vocals are back before 8 1/2 minutes. Big finish.

Very enjoyable and a solid 4 stars.

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
5 stars The first progressive rock LP in Yugoslavia probably.

Now I'm guessing that before TIME only the beat/rock band GRUPA 220 released one LP in 1968, and their leader DRAGO MLINAREC just started it's solo career a year before with his debut, but I don't think it was until the second album he really got into his familiar prog folk sound; other greats like INDEXI and KORNI GRUPA were still releasing mostly singles at the time. So the statement of first prog rock would be true I think.

The sound and similar bands that I would use to describe TIME are a bit horrible to me though; mostly hard rock or proto-prog artists in the early years, and to mention DEEP PURPLE or similar artists it just doesn't excite me at all cause they are too classic.

So why does this early prog work? First, I think the length of it is perfect. Half hour seems small but it contains everything it has to; every song is different and recognizable and I don't get lost in tens of hard rock numbers. There is the hard rock opener, followed by a love ballad, instrumental number, a slower more atmosphere and keyboard oriented piece and of course, a 10 minute epic about life itself. It's not that groundbreaking internationally as albums go, but it's nice how it doesn't go overboard, it's all contained nicely and leaves you wanting more.

Vocals of DADO TOPIC are excellent and enjoyable (and it doesn't surprise that later on he would dedicate himself more to pop rock because of them). The more atmosphere oriented songs like the love ballad are effective and emotional, "Mr Alkohol" being more of a serious tone but more fun as well. Also loads of rhythms and basslines are very catchy which is also something that makes the album stand out. Sound is satisfiyng, even if little touches like yelling one, two, three or intentional mistake while starting the song give it a bit of garage rock feel, maybe production could be better but overall it makes it charming for me.

Truth be told, only the epic "Za Koji Zivot Da Se Rodim" ("For Which Life Should I Be Born") fits fully into prog territory and some might find this record more of a transitional stage between rock/blues and prog, as lot of those proto prog bands do. As an album that would represent music history of the region though, it's absolutely essential, and I would put it side by side with the best music ever come out of the ex country.

5 stars Even though I'm from Croatia i tried not to be biassed. When i heard few of albums songs it really surprised me for the originality of the band. In that period of time i listened only hard rock, bands like DP, Uriah Heep, Grand Funk, etc. Hardly anything would surprised me, but this album, especiall ... (read more)

Report this review (#1191081) | Posted by aneznam | Wednesday, June 11, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of the best prog-oriented debut albums made in ex-Yugoslavia. Dado Topic's Time was oriented towards a more sympho-prog sound, with a bit of hard rock. The opening 'Istina Masina' (Truth Machine) is very well known. It really stands out as a nice example of pre-Bijelo Dugme rock in YU. 'Pjes ... (read more)

Report this review (#173293) | Posted by In the Flesh? | Sunday, June 8, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In the summer of 1972 I attended TIME concert in Dubrovnik on which they were playing material from their debut album. I remember that their playing and the whole performance was so impressive that nearby standing Dutch friends, mislead by band's name , thought that some english band was on st ... (read more)

Report this review (#77234) | Posted by bsurmano | Friday, May 5, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Seeing these guys perform live a month ago felt great, they still sound as powerful as in 1972 on the debut album. This is simply excellent recording even being too short (bellow 30 minutes), definitely one of the best albums former Yugoslavian music scene had to offer. The lyrics are in Serbo ... (read more)

Report this review (#74617) | Posted by auggie_p | Tuesday, April 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is the first one in the string of four essential prog-rock albums from Yugoslavia during seventies,other three being Korni grupa's debut,Indexi's "Modra rijeka" and Tako's self titled debut.Dado Topic,lead singer,formed Time after departure from Korni grupa 1971,and immediately ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#57081) | Posted by ljubaspriest | Saturday, November 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is probably the best rock album ever realised in Yugoslavia ,but i don't think this is a prog rock album even if its really great.The only bad thing is the production,but these musicians are brilliant, the single 'Makedonija' which is not included in first album is their best work and on ... (read more)

Report this review (#33614) | Posted by | Tuesday, January 4, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Great fusion prog! This is more of a proto-prog album in the vein of Deep Purple. The closest to prog is the epic "Za koji zivot treba da se rodim". All tracks are solid and the voice of the singer Dado Topic is very pleasant. I have the CD reissue with excellent bonus tracks: folk rocker "Mak ... (read more)

Report this review (#33613) | Posted by terramystic | Tuesday, January 4, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TIME "Time"