THE ABSOLUTE UNIVERSE - FOREVERMORE (EXTENDED VERSION)

Transatlantic

Transatlantic The Absolute Universe - Forevermore (Extended Version) album cover

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Studio Album, released in 2021

CD 1 (47:12)
1. Overture (8:11)
2. Heart Like a Whirlwind (5:11)
3. Higher Than the Morning (5:29)
4. The Darkness in the Light (5:43)
5. Swing High, Swing Low (3:48)
6. Bully (2:11)
7. Rainbow Sky (3:19)
8. Looking for the Light (3:59)
9. The World We Used to Know (9:21)

CD 2 (43:02)
10. The Sun Comes Up Today (5:38)
11. Love Made a Way (prelude) (1:25)
12. Owl Howl (7:05)
13. Solitude (5:41)
14. Belong (2:49)
15. Lonesome Rebel (2:53)
16. Looking for the Light (reprise) (5:12)
17. The Greatest Story Never Ends (4:17)
18. Love Made a Way (8:02)

Note: "Abridged Version" and "Ultimate Edition" of this album also available, see other entries.

- Neal Morse / vocals, piano, Hammond organ, Minimoog, Mellotron, acoustic guitar, charango
- Roine Stolt / vocals, electric & acoustic 6- & 12-string guitars, ukulele, keyboards, percussion
- Pete Trewavas / vocals, bass
- Mike Portnoy / vocals, drums & percussion

With:
- Josee Weigand / violin, viola
- Gideon Klein / cello, viola, string bass

Mike Portnoy says: "We've got two versions of this album. There's a two CD presentation (Forevermore), which is 90 minutes long, and a single one (The Breath of Life) which is 60 minutes long. The single CD is NOT an edited version of the double CD. They're new recordings. What we have done are different approaches to the songs for this! We wrote fresh lyrics and have different people singing on the single CD version tracks as compared to those on the double CD. We revamped the songs to make the two versions different."

Artwork by Thomas Ewerhard (airship created by Pavel Zhovba)
Band photo by Tobias Andersson

Pre-Production done at Fenix Studio, Varnhem, Sweden - Sept 2019
Overdubs by band members in United Kingdom, USA & Sweden - 2019-2020
Mixed and Mastered by Rich Mouser @ The Mousehouse Studio, Los Angeles, CA - 2020

Label: InsideOut
Formats: 3LP+2CD, Limited 2CD in digipak
February 5, 2021

Thanks to projeKct for the addition

Buy TRANSATLANTIC The Absolute Universe - Forevermore (Extended Version) Music

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online

TRANSATLANTIC The Absolute Universe - Forevermore (Extended Version) ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC The Absolute Universe - Forevermore (Extended Version) reviews

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy / RPI / Symphonic Prog Team
5 stars The supergroup is back with another album, this time a pleasant and uplifting 90 minutes journey to the absolute universe of symphonic prog. The music is still based on a good dose of Neal Morse and Flower Kings with some Beatlesque, some Yes some Jazz bits, and a rip-off of the song ''Starless'' by King Crimson. This extended version is made to listen in one take like a big epic song with some recurrent themes. My favorite parts are some shorts moments on a darker side that show a different Transatlantic. I wish they have put more of that. There is not much to add about the professionalism of the musicians and the overall quality of the production. The bass playing of Pete at the end is breathtaking with some busy lines that last forever. It's no surprise that with a Neal Morse project there is a nod to Gentle Giant's multipart vocals at the end. So, this a very enjoyable ride crossing the Atlantic reunifying the British, the US, and The Swedish. This review is based on the Blu-Ray edition which gives more excitement to all of it...

5 stars This album should be in my opinion one of highlights in 2021 progressive music scene. With a long seamless listening experience consisting of 9 shorter pieces of each of two CD (last respectively 47 and 43 minutes), this concept album is an epic progressive record. One of great features of Nea ... (read more)

Report this review (#2546653) | Posted by Mark-P | Saturday, May 29, 2021 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A look back at these second generation dinosaurs which had excited the progressive sphere in 2000 with their eponymous album validating the participation of sacred prog monsters! An enjoyable sound, which gave pride of place to the different members, solo and in union, showing that the quality ... (read more)

Report this review (#2540923) | Posted by alainPP | Thursday, May 6, 2021 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, what can I say, but that this is rather a boring Transatlantic release, not a bad record, but compared with their previous releases, this is in my opinion their most uninspired and repetitive work so far. The first two albums where great, The Whirlwind a masterpiece, Kaleidoscope couldnīt matc ... (read more)

Report this review (#2530938) | Posted by King Manuel | Friday, April 2, 2021 | Review Permanlink

3 stars [Review of both extended version (Forevermore) and abridged version (The Breath of Life)] It is well known that the world of prog rock is quite bizarre. Just take a look at the dozens of memes on the internet about 60-minute long prog songs, three-hour concerts and endless drum solos, and you'll ... (read more)

Report this review (#2523586) | Posted by lukretio | Friday, March 12, 2021 | Review Permanlink

2 stars There's something I love from every musician in this band. Hell, The Flower Kings release from last year ended up being my album of the year and changing my mind on the band. I have always found Transatlantic to be one of the most bland groups in progs history. There is nothing unique about thei ... (read more)

Report this review (#2508249) | Posted by dougmcauliffe | Tuesday, February 23, 2021 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If you like Transatlantic, you'll like the Absolute Universe. They don't stray much from the formula that grew their sizable fan base. Shared vocals, catchy melodies, first-rate musicianship. It's all here. The first CD is especially strong, in my opinion, really scratches my Transatlantic itch. ... (read more)

Report this review (#2507556) | Posted by AngleofRepose | Sunday, February 21, 2021 | Review Permanlink

5 stars In the beginning the universe was without form and chaotic. In time it began to take form and gain structure. And in even more time it became orderly and unimaginably beautiful... Let me say from the outset that I have never heard any of the earlier transatlantic albums (my bad, my very bad), ... (read more)

Report this review (#2504812) | Posted by SilverLight59 | Saturday, February 13, 2021 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The album starts with "Overture", which begins with a keyboard intro from Neal Morse followed by nice electric guitar delivered from Roine Stolt, the entrance of Mike Portnoy and Pete Trewavas represents the beginning of prog force that is this piece of music. What gives this song a real "fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#2503598) | Posted by prog_traveller!! | Monday, February 8, 2021 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Being in a state of tourlessness has its advantages. It allows for time to create and since we live in a digital age with bits flying all over the world, it's easy to communicate musical ideas over the internet. The band shaped and molded these albums over many months, and sometimes taking tim ... (read more)

Report this review (#2503267) | Posted by MaxnEmmy | Sunday, February 7, 2021 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is an absolute essential Transatlantic album. It could be their best album(s) to date, but that is subjective with all of the very high quality releases so far. The Absolute Universe comes in two versions: Forevermore (Extended Version) and The Breath of Life (Abridged Version). Forevermore fee ... (read more)

Report this review (#2503082) | Posted by javajeff | Saturday, February 6, 2021 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Very impressive. Four excellent musicians at the top of their game have produced a tour de force of wonderful music. The melodies are strong and memorable, the musical themes repeating throughout the piece (though I always find myself thinking "fly me to the moon" when I hear the opening five no ... (read more)

Report this review (#2502776) | Posted by AlanB | Saturday, February 6, 2021 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Transatlantic returns from a 7 year album making hiatus to make not one but two incredible pieces of music. Forevermore and The Breath of Life are two totally different versions of the same album, with different songs, some songs are sung with different singers on both versions, different lyrics, so ... (read more)

Report this review (#2502260) | Posted by ComaEcliptic | Thursday, February 4, 2021 | Review Permanlink

1 stars More of just the same. After the somewhat stale Kaleidoscope, Transatlantic took a considerably long break, only to return later on with The Absolute Universe. And although I can say it's better than Kaleidoscope, I can't say anything more. The musicality is there. There's absolutely no doubt abo ... (read more)

Report this review (#2501948) | Posted by Isaac Peretz | Wednesday, February 3, 2021 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Come ON!!! This is just a complete return to the grandeur, beauty and inventiveness of the first two albums that these guys released some 20 years ago! Just fantastic, and a really big (pleasant!) surprise for me. WOW! The first disc is sort of one big 47 minute suite, with each song leadi ... (read more)

Report this review (#2501906) | Posted by Squire Jaco | Wednesday, February 3, 2021 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "The Absolute Universe - Forevermore (Extended Version)"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.