EYEWITNESS

Live, released in 1981

1. Eyewitness (3:21)
2. Periscope life (4:09)
3. Ruthless queen (5:05)
4. Want you to be mine (4:48)
5. Lyrics (1:59)
6. Chance for a lifetime (4:22)
7. Who's fooling who (3:44)
8. Irene (3:12)
9. Only you and I know (3:12)
10. Winning ways (3:28)
11. Starlight dancer (4:58)
12. No man's land (5:32)
Bonus tracks
13. The car enchanter (Sikkens song) (2:36)
14. Ivory dance (2:51)

Search KAYAK Eyewitness lyrics

Search KAYAK Eyewitness tabs

- Edward Reekers / lead vocals
- Peter Scherpenzeel / bass
- Ton Scherpenzeel / keyboards, backing vocals
- Johan Slager / guitars, backing vocals
- Max Werneer / drums, percussion, backing vocals

and to Matte for the last updates

KAYAK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAYAK Eyewitness Music

Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog cd 2 bonus tracks USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 45m
KAYAK:EYEWITNESS/PROG USD $10.74 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK - Eyewitness - CD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK - EYEWITNESS [KAYAK] - NEW CD USD $56.87 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak Eyewitness SEALED 1994 Netherlands CD Remastered Europe Camel Zoo USD $17.95 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK-EYE WITNESS/MERLIN-CD (2) UNIVERSAL NEW USD $12.09 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK - EYEWITNESS - VERTIGO DUTCH 1981 N.MINT! USD $15.36 Buy It Now 13 days
KAYAK:EYEWITNESS/PROG USD $9.20 Buy It Now 13 days
KAYAK-Eyewitness Spaceship Vertigo Orig LP USD $34.96 Buy It Now 13 days
Kayak / Eyewitness +2 KOREA CD new SI WAN USD $18.99 Buy It Now 18 days
KAYAK?/?Eyewitness ?JAPAN SHM-CD Mini-LP w/OBI BELLE-111882 USD $42.50 Buy It Now 19 days
KAYAK EYEWITNESS 1981 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen KICP 1ST PRESS USD $79.99 Buy It Now 20 days
KAYAK - EYEWITNESS USD $18.42 Buy It Now 20 days
Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog cd USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp USD $32.99 Buy It Now 21 days
KAYAK - EYEWITNESS - BRAND NEW SEALED CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK USD $9.98 Buy It Now 22 days
KAYAK: Eyewitness LP (Netherlands '81 original, 'Jem' import stoc, inner sleeve USD $20.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Kayak - Eyewitness +2B CD *SEALED* SI WAN / RARE USD $13.49 Buy It Now 23 days
Kayak- Eyewitness + 3 bonus tracks (SHM-CD) Mini Lp ((Camel, Earth and fire) USD $32.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Kayak - Eyewitness + 2 BT 1981 LTD cd Ton Scherpenzeel Earth and Fire Ayreon RAR USD $22.90 Buy It Now 25 days
Kayak-Eyewitness + Merlin 2 cds in slipcase Dutch prog USD $16.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Eyewitness by Kayak (Mar-1999,Pseudonym Records(Netherlands))/new cd/2 bonus trk USD $9.79 Buy It Now 29 days
CD kayak
~ USD $13.53
LP phantom of the night
~ USD $21.13
CD see see the sun
~ USD $13.53

More places to buy KAYAK music online Buy KAYAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAYAK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAYAK Eyewitness ratings distribution

KAYAK Eyewitness reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars As Ton Scherpenzeel put it :"In 1981 we decided to make an album (which would turn out to be our last), that would differ from the ones we recorded up till then in the way that it would feature a number of old and new songs as they were played live". This album came out after having that idea. Unfortunately, short after the release of this live album, the band split up in early 1982. (But, as we know it, later they came back in 2000 with a groundbreaking "Close To The Fire" album).

As a live recording, minus the audience, this album is excellent addition to any prog collection. Recording quality is top notch. As for my listening pleasure, I always play this CD loudly, especially the opening track "Eyewitness" which is performed wonderfully! Some classic best tracks (there are more best tracks the band has, including "Daphne") are featured in this live recording. If you like Kayak, this is a great album. If you are new to Kayak, still I recommend you to have it! Keep on progging!"

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#4190) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 16, 2005

Review by slipperman
1 stars This is a Kayak completist's nightmare, because unless you really truly love the most commercial output from this band, you're going to have to pay for an album you'll listen to very rarely. There's very little to call truly progressive on this album. And that's not to hold Kayak in chains to genre expectations, but for a band who recorded two excellent albums early in their career, things got streamlined and radio-friendly way too quick, and 'Eyewitness' is the realization of their most vanilla-flavored tendencies.

Recorded in 1981 as a live-in-the-studio exercise, the idea was to take the energy of their current live set and give it a sparkling vibe in a studio environment. Since most of the material is squeaky-clean stuff to begin with, this makes the edgeless material even less compelling. The sound isn't the worst I've heard from a '70s act heading into the '80s, not as antiseptic and digital sounding as some of the '80s atrocities from Jethro Tull, Genesis or Camel, but everything is still compressed and harnessed in a way that has been frustrating this Kayak fan since the 'Royal Bed Bouncer' album. It seems that the great keyboard and guitar sounds of the '70s were considered passť by this time. Too bad. You're better off with the original versions, but what makes this album even less essential is the song selection. Songs that were new for this release, like the title track, "Who's Fooling Who" and "Only You And I Know", are as superfluous as most anything off their awful 'Periscope Life' album. The only representation of their first two albums is "Lyrics", a baffling choice given the many much better songs on those albums. And the other choices aren't surprising or inspiring: "Ruthless Queen", "Want You To Be Mine", "Winning Ways", "Starlight Dancer", "No Man's Land", unchallenging, unexciting, bland songs that I would've considered low points from those albums. "Chance For A Lifetime" is here, always a fine listen, but again, you'd be better off with the original, as the band gives nothing new or essential to the song. Bonus tracks on my CD version include "The Car Enchanter", a lyrical piss-take on 'Merlin''s "The King's Enchanter". Other bonus is "Ivory Dance '94", something Ton Scherpenzeel recorded in 1994. Nothing very special either way.

There's not much need for this unless you totally love the band's late '70s/early '80s output. All others are advised to get the first two albums and then take your chances with their other albums as you will. There's no good place to put this into the rest of the review, so I'll end by highlighting some of the dumbest lyrics I've ever come across, prog or otherwise. From "Periscope Life": "I know the whole world fights and kills and hates / But lady must that always spoil our dates / I can't imagine that the world would end / If I would eat my steak now that it's warm". I get the sentiment, but still I say: "Huh?"

Send comments to slipperman (BETA) | Report this review (#4191) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 21, 2005

Post a review of KAYAK "Eyewitness "