THE EARLY YEARS

Buy ROXY MUSIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1989

1. Re-Make/Re-Model (5:15)
2. Ladytron (4:26)
3. If There Is Something (6:34)
4. 2HB (4:29)
5. Chance Meeting (3:08)
6. Virginia Plain (2:58)
7. Pyjamarama (2:53)
8. Do the Strand (4:03)
9. Beauty Queen (4:41)
10. Editions of You (3:51)
11. In Every Dream Home a Heartache (5:29)
12. The Bogus Man (9:20)
13. Street Life (3:28)
14. A Song for Europe (5:46)
15. Mother of Pearl (6:52)
16. Sunset (6:06)

Search ROXY MUSIC The Early Years lyrics

Search ROXY MUSIC The Early Years tabs

- Bryan Ferry / vocals, keyboards
- Phil Manzanera / guitar
- Andy MacKay / saxophone & Oboe
- Brian Eno / synthesizer & tapes (except tracks 13-16)
- Paul Thompson / drums

Plus:

Graham Simpson, Rick Kenton, John Porter & John Gustafson / bass
Eddie Jobson / keyboards, strings, synthesizer (tracks 13-16)

CD EG (1989)
CD EMI 849440 (2000)
CD Caroline 49440 (2000)

and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

ROXY MUSIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROXY MUSIC The Early Years Music

Box set · Remastered
Virgin Records 2013
Roxy Music - Country Life - LP ('74 SD 36-106) US $13.22 [0 bids]
36m 27s
BRYAN FERRY "These Foolish Things" PROMO LP 1974 (Atlantic SD 7304) ROXY MUSIC US $15.00 Buy It Now 54m 25s
BRYAN FERRY "These Foolish Things" PROMO LP 1974 (Atlantic SD 7304) ROXY MUSIC US $12.00 Buy It Now 54m 49s
PHIL MANZANERA/801-LISTEN NOW-Roxy Music-Brian Eno-10cc-used UK import vinyl LP! US $4.98 [0 bids]
Roxy Music - self titled first LP US 1972 Bryan Ferry Brian Eno US $9.99 [1 bids]
Roxy Music - Mick Rock Tin 7-Inch Single Vinyl Record US $41.34 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE MUSIC OF BRYAN FERRY & ROXY MUSIC 2 CD US PROMO MUSIC PUBLISHING SET US $19.75 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Roxy Music The Atlantic Years 1973/1980 Music Cassette EG Label US $8.48 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Avalon [Slipcase] by Roxy Music (CD, Jun-2008, Caroline World Service) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
14 Cassettes Box- Jean-Luc Ponty,Supertramp, Bob Seger System,Genesis,Roxy Music US $38.99 [0 bids]
BRYAN FERRY & ROXY MUSIC Street Life 20 Greatest Hits 1998 E'G CD 70s & 80s Rock US $10.04 Buy It Now 2h 13m
CASSETTE: ROXY MUSIC S/T REISSUE ROCK POP Bryan Ferry US $5.93 Buy It Now 2h 38m
7 Beautiful Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music Record LP Lot Incredible Condition NICE US $35.00 [0 bids]
Street Life: 20 Great Hits by Roxy Music (CD, Jul-1989, Reprise) US $0.99 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC-DANCE AWAY-JAPAN ISSUE 7" iii US $44.99 Buy It Now 3h 40m
ROXY MUSIC-OH YEAH-JAPAN ISSUE 7" iii US $41.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Roxy Music - Flesh And Blood - LP 1980 Atlantic/ATCO R, Brian Ferry US $4.99 [0 bids]
JAPAN ISSUE LP+OBI ROXY MUSIC / SIREN Free Shipping US $50.00 Buy It Now 5h 7m
JAPAN ISSUE LP+OBI ROXY MUSIC / COUNTRY LIFE Free Shipping US $60.00 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Roxy Music Greatest Hits LP SD38103 EX US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Roxy Music Dance Away 7" US $5.08 Buy It Now 6h 27m
ROXY MUSIC Manifesto JAPAN 1st Press 1986 CD 32VD-1053 W/Obi RARE US $64.00 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Roxy Music - Live At The Apollo-Sight & Sound [CD New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Roxy Music - The Early Years (NEW CD) US $8.67 Buy It Now 7h 29m
ROXY MUSIC the high road 3199 360 german polydor 1983 LP PS EX/VG+ US $15.22 Buy It Now 7h 45m
ROXY MUSIC trash 7" WS EX/- uk polydor POSP 32 US $11.88 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Roxy Music Avalon Cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Roxy Music Street Life: 20 Greatest Hits Cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Roxy Music Love Is The Drug CD US $3.83 Buy It Now 8h 3m
ROXY MUSIC - FRIDGE MAGNET US $3.38 Buy It Now 8h 11m
ROXY MUSIC debut album original Island Tapes UK cassette 1972 RARE US $5.44 [4 bids]
Roxy Music - The High Road - LP Vinyl/Record 1983 EG/Warner Bro Rec 9 23808-1B US $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Bryan Ferry Roxy Music In Your Mind ARCHIVE MASTER 1st 1977 Press, STEAM CLEANED US $43.00 Buy It Now 8h 40m
BRYAN FERRY These Foolish Things original Island Tapes UK 1973 Roxy Music US $4.76 [3 bids]
Roxy Music-WB-For your pleasure,2nd lp US $30.00 Buy It Now 9h 15m
Roxy Music - All I want is you UK 7" US $6.78 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Roxy Music Greatest Hits 1977 Original, Excellent, CLEAN, A+ SOUND QUALITY! US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 22m
ROXY MUSIC / HEART STILL BEATING JAPAN CD OOP US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 57m
ROXY MUSIC - SIRENS D/Remastered CD ~ LOVE IS THE DRUG ~ BRYAN FERRY 70's *NEW* US $15.79 Buy It Now 9h 58m
ROXY MUSIC "Better Than Food" BBC 1972 & LIVE 74 DG NM NOT REPRISE US $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Street Life: 20 Great Hits by Roxy Music (CD, Jul-1989, Reprise) US $3.72 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Roxy Music - 1973-1980 - Atlantic Years - EG - EGLP54 (LP) US $5.08 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Roxy Music - The Atlantic Years 1973-1980 .. EGLP54 (LP) US $5.08 Buy It Now 10h 52m
ROXY MUSIC - ANGEL EYES 7" 79 VG+ US $1.67 [0 bids]
Roxy Music Avalon CD (1982, Red Japan Target CD ) MEGA RARE !! US $42.00 Buy It Now 10h 59m
BRIAN ENO Another Green World CD Roxy Music 2004 Remaster Virgin Records US $6.00 [0 bids]
GREATEST HITS ROXY MUSIC LP 2302073 EX/EX US $10.18 Buy It Now 11h 33m
85 Roxy Music concert photos Birmingham 77,Manchester 79.London/Liverpool 05 US $16.98 Buy It Now 11h 43m
ROXY MUSIC - NIGHTINGALE MASSEY CD Bryan Ferry US $28.88 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC - LISNER CD Bryan Ferry US $28.88 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC:THE ATLANTIC YEARS 1973/1980...1983 LP ATCO - ROCK US $4.50 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Ferry,Bryan & Roxy Music - More Than This: Best Of Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 46m
Brian Ferry The Bride Stripped Bare USA Cassette Tape Roxy Music US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 3m
Roxy Music(7"Vinyl)Jealous Guy / To Turn You On-VG/Ex US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Roxy Music(7"Vinyl)Oh Yeah / South Downs-VG/Ex US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Roxy Music(7" Vinyl)Over You / Manifesto-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 6m
ROXY MUSIC " TRASH " 7" SINGLE EX/EX 1979 PIC SLEEVE US $3.38 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Roxy Music Country Life 1974 ATCO SD 36-106 US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music - Greatest Hits 2 x LP US $12.33 Buy It Now 13h 21m
BRYAN FERRY & ROXY MUSIC - Street Life - Ex Double LP US $16.98 Buy It Now 13h 28m
BRYAN FERRY Sign of the times German Picture Sleeve Roxy Music 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 35m
ROXY MUSIC - Manifesto - Excellent Condition LP Record US $13.58 Buy It Now 13h 36m
BRYAN FERRY What Goes on German Picture Sleeve Roxy Music Lou Reed cover US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 43m
BRYAN FERRY Hard Rain's Gonna Fall Dutch Picture Sleeve Roxy Music Dylan cover US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 52m
BRYAN FERRY Let's stick together French Picture Sleeve Roxy Music US $13.99 Buy It Now 14h
ROXY MUSIC ..MANIFESTO 45..EXCELLENT CONDITION US $5.99 [0 bids]
BRYAN FERRY This is Tomorrow French Picture Sleeve Roxy Music US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 4m
BRYAN FERRY Price of love Dutch Picture Sleeve Roxy Music US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Roxy Music BRYAN FERRY Goddess w/ RARE EDIT PROMO RADIO DJ CD Single 2002 US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 9m
BRYAN FERRY In Crowd Dutch Picture Sleeve Roxy Music US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 9m
BRYAN FERRY Let's stick together German Picture Sleeve Roxy Music US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Roxy Music Bryan Ferry Interview Picture Disc Eno US $9.89 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Roxy Music / Bryan Ferry - 20 Great Hits 2 x LP US $14.03 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Roxy Music BRYAN FERRY Will you love w/ MIX & 3 UNRELEASE CD single Van Morrison US $34.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Roxy Music Live on King Biscuit Flower Hour CD Radio Show US $8.00 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC VIVA island 76 A1B2 Lp NEX US $13.58 Buy It Now 15h 12m
David Bowie-AladdinSane+ManWhoSoldThe World+PinUps +Roxy Music-EarlyYrs.[4-CDs] US $20.00 [0 bids]
More Than This- Best of Bryan Ferry Roxy Music UK 2lp Simply Vinyl- Sealed Mint US $250.00 Buy It Now 15h 19m
roxy music BRYAN FERRY As Time Goes EU CD single + Info US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 43m
ROXY MUSIC, TAKE A CHANCE WITH ME ,7" VINYL US $0.43 [0 bids]
Roxy Music For Your Pleasure 180gram Audiophile Vinyl L US $33.98 Buy It Now 16h 11m
Roxy Music Stranded Limited Edition 180g Audiophile LP US $33.98 Buy It Now 16h 16m
Songs of Lennon & McCartney Michael Jackson Roxy Music + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $8.50 Buy It Now 16h 19m
Melvins Roxy Music Tribute Vinyl 7" Jello Biafra Dead Kennedys (not LP CD) US $40.00 Buy It Now 16h 19m
BRYAN FERRY-Let's Stick Together-ROXY MUSIC-The Nice- US $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 30m
BRYAN FERRY world tour 2003 tour programme - 24 pages ROXY MUSIC US $3.38 [0 bids]
Manifesto LP Record Roxy Music Bryan Ferry US $2.29 [0 bids]
Bryan Ferry - Bęte [Bete] Noire Roxy Music LP NM Vinyl Record US $8.00 [0 bids]
Roxy Music - Over You 1980 Ex Polydor POSP93 US $6.78 Buy It Now 17h 47m
ROXY MUSIC - 'FOR YOUR PLEASURE' 11oz MUG - INNER SLEEVE BAND PICS. COLLECTABLE US $8.48 Buy It Now 17h 47m
Roxy Music-Vintage CD Live, Enhanced Excellent US $9.11 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ROXY MUSIC BRYAN FERRY MANIFESTO PICTURE DISC 1979 UK POLYDOR EGPD 001 UNPLAYED US $15.00 [0 bids]
Roxy Music - Siren - The Fifth Roxy Music - Gray Label - Atco LP Record - NM US $17.95 Buy It Now 18h 7m
Roxy Music - Champagne & Novocaine Double Vinyl US $79.95 Buy It Now 18h 17m
BRYAN FERRY Another Time Another Place Ex Island ILPS 9284 UK Roxy Music Solo LP US $5.93 Buy It Now 18h 39m
ROXY MUSIC - FLESH & BLOOD - CASSETTE TAPE WITH PAPER LABELS US $10.18 Buy It Now 18h 44m
Roxy Music Greatest Hits inc Virginia Plain & All I Want is You + LP US $8.50 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Heart Still Beating by Roxy Music (CD, Oct-1990, Reprise) US $11.99 Buy It Now 19h 3m
Avalon by Roxy Music (CD, Sep-1983, Warner Bros.) US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
Country Life/Siren, Roxy Music, Good US $16.85 Buy It Now 19h 9m

More places to buy ROXY MUSIC music online Buy ROXY MUSIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROXY MUSIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROXY MUSIC The Early Years ratings distribution

ROXY MUSIC The Early Years reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
5 stars This compilation includes 16 tracks from the first 3 albums "Roxy Music", "For your pleasure" and "Stranded" (on that LP Eddie Jobson replaced Brian Eno). In the early Seventies Roxy Music looked like ' glamrockers' and sold their records with seducing ladies on the front cover. But this was not a commercial trick to hide poor musicial ideas, in my opinion Roxy Music made in that era unique progressive rock (or call it art-rock). And they had hugh commercial success: the eponymous debut LP reached a #6 position in the UK charts and their singles "Virginia plain" and "Pyjamarama" became top 10 hits, their third album even peaked the album charts! On this compilation you can enjoy the dynamic, rock- based but inventive and often exciting sounding compositions: rock and roll in "Re-make/re- model" (great guitar-saxophone interplay and legendary short soli from all instruments), soft Mellotron waves in "Ladytron" and "If there's something" and Brian Eno's short and fat synthesizer sound at the end of the funny and catchy "Virginia plain". Let you carry away on 'classics' like "Do the strand" (great lyrics), "Editions of you", "In every dream home a heartach" (in fact a wonderful symphonic rock composition!) and "The bogus man". Roxy music their trademark in those days was the chemistry between the fiery electric guitar from Phil Manzanera, Andy MacKay's poweful saxophone, the tasteful keyboards from Eno and Jobson (and his spectacular electric violin sound) blended with the disctinctive, a bit sultry vocals from frontman Bryan Ferry. DESPITE THEIR COMMERCIAL SUCCESS THIS IS AN OVERLOOKED PROGROCK BAND, DISCOVER THEIR EARLY SEVENTIES SOUND ON THIS COMPILATION!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#38735) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 07, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars "The Early Years", I have always found it a bit difficult to enjoy early Roxy Music as I do the later & Bryan Ferry. This time, after being more convinced about their importance and very high respect in art rock genre, I nearly succeeded: I thought yeah, this is clever, witty, original, quirky, parodic, etc and not so difficult to digest as I thought before. But when I re-listened this compilation I decided I'm quite happy without this music and returned it to the library. That is, I kind of appreciated and liked it but didn't personally enjoy it greatly. But to those who know only the easy-listening Avalon-kind of Roxy Music/ Ferry, I can honestly say that they were worth their status as an original art rock/avant garde band (when also "Brain One" was with them, though Ferry was always the writer).

I liked most 'Ladytron' & 'In Every Dream Home a Heartache' which I knew before, and few others, but I'm too lazy and comfortable to try hard to start enjoying music that at first sounds a bit noisy to me. Anyway, without a doubt worth checking out if you like quirky, hilarious rock. My low rate only tell how I personally enjoyed it; a couple of stars would easily be added using objectively focused criteria.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#44659) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 29, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This is a wonderful work since it features songs from their first three albums. I do not own this compil as such. I just recreated it from their studio albums. What to say about the track choices ?

Six out of ten come from their first album (which was their more interesting one IMO). I think it would have been better for the casual fan to which this effort is oriented to have "Bitter's End" instead of "2 HB" but this is not a major point. The great "Pyjamarama" only released as a single is of course a fabulous track and is a plus here.

Five songs come from "For Your Pleasure" : the fabulous "Do The Strand" and "Editions Of You" : they were the strongest tracks of the original album. "Beauty Queen" was a good one.

About "Bogus Man" this is what I wrote in my review for the album : it's a quite elaborate track with some true prog and complex moments. The ambiance of the track is very special : repetitive, bizarre, decadent and hypnotic. It sounds surrealistic (maybe due to the synth work from Eno). It is way toooooooo long (over nine minutes) and a bit boring at the end.

"In Every Dream Home a Heartache" is about the same story. I wrote that this track has a rather horrific and sinister atmosphere (Peter Hammill could have written this one). It starts with Ferry reciting his text as a psalm, the second part of the song being more "human" (Are We Not Men?).

While essential numbers for die-hard fans (like myself) they are maybe not adequate on a compil effort.

Four from "Stranded" of which only "Sunset" really doesn't belong here.

For the casual fan, this is quite a good way to get the essence of the early Roxy. With this CD, a newcomer could cheaply have a pretty good idea of the output of this influent band of the early / mid seventies. It is the perfect companion of course of their other compilation called ... The Later Years. Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#112097) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars I had this compilation in the early 90īs, a time when it was nearly impossible to get the original Roxy Music early CDs in Brazil. And I must say I was never satisfied with it. You see, every one of RMīs LPs were a kind of work of art. Roxy was never a singles band and each album meant it was to be seen (or heard) as a whole, a complete efford, not just a mere bunch of tracks put together.. Even if The Early years is composed exclusively of songs from their first three albums (i.e. their best), something is always missing when I hear it.

It is like cutting pieces from a painting and puting together the chosen ones into a new frame, got it? It might sound ok for the casual listener and still he wonīt see (or hear) the real, complete thing. Even if the new version of this compilation has some extra songs than the one I once had, the only reason to have it is that it now includes the original non LP song Pyjamarama. And I donīt think thist is reason enough to buy this CD.

Roxy Music was an extremely important band, and their first works were quite revolutionary, groundbreaking and influential. But to understand this youīll have to listen to the full albums. Each one of their first CDs are essential to any prog music colletion. Thatīs why I canīt rate The Early Years higher, even if the tracklist is of great quality.

Incomplete.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#271214) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 11, 2010

4 stars Why I must be honest when I talk about Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry? Why do I have to explain to others what was Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry to the music of the 70's? Why do I remember that from I was a child Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry were among my favorite bands? Oh, yeah, why explain it? Liste ... (read more)

Report this review (#781099) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Monday, July 02, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this is just excellent,it has all their essential early work on one cd.song for europe, bogus man , every dreamhome etc.. no filler here!roxy music must go down as one of the most underrated bands of the early 70,s. ... (read more)

Report this review (#34131) | Posted by | Thursday, March 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROXY MUSIC "The Early Years"