THE EARLY YEARS

Buy ROXY MUSIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1989

1. Re-Make/Re-Model (5:15)
2. Ladytron (4:26)
3. If There Is Something (6:34)
4. 2HB (4:29)
5. Chance Meeting (3:08)
6. Virginia Plain (2:58)
7. Pyjamarama (2:53)
8. Do the Strand (4:03)
9. Beauty Queen (4:41)
10. Editions of You (3:51)
11. In Every Dream Home a Heartache (5:29)
12. The Bogus Man (9:20)
13. Street Life (3:28)
14. A Song for Europe (5:46)
15. Mother of Pearl (6:52)
16. Sunset (6:06)

Search ROXY MUSIC The Early Years lyrics

Search ROXY MUSIC The Early Years tabs

- Bryan Ferry / vocals, keyboards
- Phil Manzanera / guitar
- Andy MacKay / saxophone & Oboe
- Brian Eno / synthesizer & tapes (except tracks 13-16)
- Paul Thompson / drums

Plus:

Graham Simpson, Rick Kenton, John Porter & John Gustafson / bass
Eddie Jobson / keyboards, strings, synthesizer (tracks 13-16)

CD EG (1989)
CD EMI 849440 (2000)
CD Caroline 49440 (2000)

and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

ROXY MUSIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROXY MUSIC The Early Years Music

Virgin Records Us 2001
SirenSiren
Country LifeCountry Life
Virgin Records Us 2000
Japan Promo only Vinyl LP Roxy Music Sparks Eno Ayers US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Roxy Music-Street Life/Hula-Kula UK 7" Single VG Cond US $6.51 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Roxy Music For Your Pleasure lp new vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
GUITAR (3 CD) KISS~THIN LIZZY~KILLERS~QUEEN~STATUS QUO~ROXY MUSIC~ZZ TOP + *NEW* US $22.60 Buy It Now 3h
BMG - Edinburgh 2006 - Roxy Music, Keane, Primal Scream, The Cure - music cd X 2 US $8.08 Buy It Now 3h 21m
ROXY MUSIC The High Road EG RECORDS 1983 US $14.68 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Roxy Music - Flesh and Blood - LIKE NEW !!! - Audio Cassette Tape US $12.98 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Roxy Music - Country Life - LIKE NEW !!! - Audio Cassette Tape US $16.24 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Roxy Music - Siren - Audio Cassette Tape US $24.41 Buy It Now 3h 36m
BRYAN FERRY Roxy Music Vtg 1970`s Very Large 63mm-2.5"Button Pin Badge US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 37m
PHIL MANZANERA (OF ROXY MUSIC) diamond head 2302 062 A4/B4 uk LP PS EX/EX- US $23.95 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Roxy Music "Love Is The Drug/Dance Away" 7" 45 RPM NM/NM US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 41m
BRYAN FERRY Roxy Music Vtg 1970`s Very Large 63mm-2.5"Button Pin Badge US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 42m
BRYAN FERRY Roxy Music Vtg 1970`s Very Large 63mm-2.5"Button Pin Badge US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 47m
BRYAN FERRY Roxy Music Vtg 1970`s Very Large 63mm-2.5"Button Pin Badge US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 53m
UK 1978 First Album US CD *NEW 2009 King Crimson John Wetton Bruford Roxy Music US $75.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
ROXY MUSIC / THE HIGH ROAD / CASSETTE TAPE / EG (1983) US $7.82 Buy It Now 4h 2m
ROXY MUSIC 5CD NEW Siren/Viva! Live/Manifesto/Flesh & Blood/Heart Still Beating US $20.26 Buy It Now 4h 14m
BRYAN FERRY ex-ROXY MUSIC-PRICE OF LOVE-ORIGINAL UK PS EP 7" 45rpm 1976 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
GRACE JONES / LOVE IS THE DRUG / 1980 7" P/S ROXY MUSIC US $4.88 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Bryan Ferry The Bride Stripped Bare LP great condition Roxy Music US $11.99 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC-MORE THAN THIS-JAPAN 7" US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
BRYAN FERRY (Roxy Music) - 2002 Magazine Poster US $7.35 Buy It Now 5h 21m
ROXY MUSIC - Best of (SACD 2003) Super Audio CD sacdv2939 US $163.23 Buy It Now 5h 28m
ROXY MUSIC - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF GA) US $9.71 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Roxy Music(7" Vinyl P/S)India-E.G.-ROXY 3-UK-VG/VG US $7.49 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Roxy Music(Cassette)Flesh & Blood-Very Good US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Roxy Music 12" Single Lor Jealous Guy,Take a Chance with Me ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $17.60 Buy It Now 6h 6m
ROXY MUSIC MANIFESTO RARE PICTURE DISC US $27.00 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Roxy Music All I want is You/Your Application's Failed 7-Inch Vinyl 45 RPM Ex US $2.37 Buy It Now 6h 42m
V.A.More Greatest Hits of the 80's W/Roxy Music,Talking Heads,The Stranglers. US $5.95 [0 bids]
V.A. Williams-Sonoma London w/Dusty Springfield, Roxy Music, Beth Orthon sealed. US $3.95 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC Avalon JAPAN Early CD 1988 W/Obi 2800yen RARE ! US $49.00 Buy It Now 7h 19m
BRIAN FERRY/ROXY MUSIC-STREET LIFE-HITS 1-YUGOSLAV TAPE US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 24m
ROXY MUSIC ~ Flesh + Blood ~ VINYL LP US $9.78 Buy It Now 7h 24m
ROXY MUSIC ~ Avalon ~ VINYL LP US $9.78 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music CD Street Life - 20 Great Hits US $4.90 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Roxy Music - Heart Still Beating Double LP 1990 US $21.21 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Roxy Music The Atlantic Years Record LP ATCO Rock VG++ US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 57m
ROXY MUSIC - Dance Away - Rare 1979 UK deleted 7" Juke Box Vinyl Single US $16.31 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Manifesto [Slipcase] - Roxy Music (CD 2008) US $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Country Life [Slipcase] - Roxy Music (CD 2008) US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 9m
ROXY MUSIC - Dance Away - Rare 1979 French Deleted 7" Vinyl Single US $16.31 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Roxy Music - Stranded LP Promo Gatefold Atco SD 7045 US $9.99 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC - Greatest Hits - Original 1975 UK 12-track vinyl LP US $13.86 Buy It Now 8h 37m
COLLECTION OF 15 X 1980,S SINGLES-DIRE STRAITS, GENESIS,BRYAN ADAMS,ROXY MUSIC- US $1.62 [3 bids]
ROXY MUSIC dance away 7" WS EX/ uk silver label US $11.41 Buy It Now 8h 42m
ROXY MUSIC more than this 7" WS EX/ US $11.41 Buy It Now 8h 42m
ROXY MUSIC avalon 7" WS EX/- US $11.41 Buy It Now 8h 45m
ROXY MUSIC - Flesh + Blood - Original 1980 UK 10-track vinyl LP US $13.86 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Roxy Music BRYAN FERRY Dance with Life w/ RARE EDIT 1996 USA PROMO DJ CD Single US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 5m
VINYL LP Roxy Music - Manifesto / George Piros / ATCO Records SD 38-114 US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Phil Manzanera Guitarissimo USA Cassette Tape Roxy Music US $3.84 Buy It Now 9h 13m
UK 12" ROXY MUSIC Take A Chance With Me EG ROXYX5 BRYAN FERRY 1982 US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
OST MIAMI VICE II CASSETTE EX jackson browne-phil collins-roxy music-jan hammer US $0.99 [0 bids]
Clean! ~ ROXY MUSIC s/t Original 1972 Glam Rock Psych lp BRIAN ENO US $9.95 [0 bids]
BRYAN FERRY + ROXY MUSIC - STREETLIFE.. [ 20 GREAT HITS ] US $0.82 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC - 20 Greatest Hits, Best of, featuring Bryan Ferry, Street Life US $4.00 [0 bids]
MANZANERA s/t PD-1-6178 us test press promo LP roxy music ENO US $24.00 Buy It Now 9h 54m
More Than This: The Best of Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music by Roxy Music/Bryan... US $4.99 [0 bids]
Roxy Music Siren US $2.75 [2 bids]
ROXY MUSIC Live Musique 747 Cassette 8559 Bryan Ferry SAUDI ARABIA PRESSING glam US $6.00 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC - Manifesto - 1979 Atco 12" LP US $2.45 Buy It Now 10h 12m
7 INCH SINGLE ROXY MUSIC DANCE AWAY JAPAN PROMO US $8.15 [1 bids]
ROXY MUSIC CD Album THE COLLECTION Orig 2004 EXCELLENT Cond 12 HITS B Ferry US $6.51 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Roxy Music Take A Chance With Me 12" US $9.78 Buy It Now 11h 10m
ROXY MUSIC - Stranded - 180 gram gatefold LP US $33.63 Buy It Now 11h 16m
BRYAN FERRY (ROXY MUSIC-GIRL OF MY BEST FRIEND 4 TRKS VIRGIN VSCDT 1468 UK NM CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Roxy Music "Flesh + Blood" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 12h 6m
ROXY MUSIC - STRANDED WEST GERMANY NON TARGET CD AUDIOPHILE BRYAN FERRY RARE US $19.50 Buy It Now 12h 35m
ROXY MUSIC SEX PISTOLS RICHIE BLACKMORE DUTCH 1977 MUSIC MAGAZINE PAUL McCARTNEY US $14.68 Buy It Now 12h 36m
UK RENDEZVOUS 6:02 RARE DUTCH 45 W/PC KING CRIMSON YES GENESIS ROXY MUSIC US $14.68 Buy It Now 12h 36m
ROXY MUSIC**FOR YOUR PLEASURE**VINYL/LTD ED US $17.75 Buy It Now 12h 45m
ROXY MUSIC HEART STILL BEATING US $1.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Brian Ferry - Olympia MEGA RARE SIGNED CD Roxy Music US $27.74 [0 bids]
ROXY MUSIC : AVALON US $9.78 Buy It Now 13h 18m
ROXY MUSIC ATLANTIC YEARS 1973-1980 1983 LP ATCO 90122 US $4.98 Buy It Now 13h 23m
ROXY MUSIC-FOR YOUR PLEASURE-Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $29.63 Buy It Now 13h 35m
Brian Eno Here Come the Warm Jets LP vinyl record reissue roxy music US $24.95 Buy It Now 13h 38m
Explorers - Falling for Nightlife UK 7" p/s Roxy Music US $3.49 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Street Life: 20 Greatest Hits by Roxy Music (CD, Jul-1989, Reprise) BRYAN FERRY US $3.25 Buy It Now 14h 3m
ROXY MUSIC (BRYAN FERRY)-VIVA!-ATCO SD 36-139 NM/VG+ LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 14h 6m
ROXY MUSIC-BRIAN FERRY Lot of Seven 45's, VG+, PS, UK release, Nice Price! US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 12m
ROXY MUSIC - MANIFESTO LP US $10.86 Buy It Now 15h
ROXY MUSIC AVALON 1992 pressing MADE IN HOLLAND EGCD 50 /VIRGIN 0777 7 86374 2 4 US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 16m
SUPERGROUPS SUPERHITS RARE OZ DOUBLE CASSETTE TAPE! BLONDIE 10CC ROXY MUSIC TOTO US $17.19 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Roxy Music - Virginia Plain/The Numberer - UK 45 rpm 7" single US $6.99 [1 bids]
Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug/Both Ends Burning - US 45 rpm 7" single US $6.99 [0 bids]
BRYAN FERRY AS TIME GOES BY CD *NEW* DIGIPACK Roxy Music US $12.97 Buy It Now 16h 4m
Country Life [Mini Lp Slipcase] by Roxy Music (CD, Jun-2008) JAPAN US $19.52 [0 bids]
Roxy Music Siren 2001 Japan Mini LP CD 1st Edit L/E TOCP-65826 US $19.52 [0 bids]
BRYAN FERRY & ROXY MUSIC STREET LIFE 20 GREAT HITS JAPAN CD OBI 4000yen 40VD 1ST US $79.99 Buy It Now 17h 31m
Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry - Pin up / Poster, 1980's US $8.13 [0 bids]
Bryan Ferry /Roxy Music :Street Life: 20 Great HitsCD 1989, WEA US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 13m
1 cent cd - BRIAN ENO - "Music For Films" - ambient electronic - ex ROXY MUSIC US $2.75 [5 bids]
BRYAN FERRY Vintage 70`s/80`s Glittered Sticker 3"-7.5cm diameter Roxy Music US $6.51 Buy It Now 18h 16m
GENESIS Vintage 70`s/80`s Glittered Sticker 3"-7.5cm diameter Roxy Music US $6.51 Buy It Now 18h 20m
Roxy Music "Flesh and Blood" Vintage 1980 Atlantic Records 12" Vinyl LP "NM" US $7.99 [0 bids]
Roxy Music For Your Pleasure 8 song 1984 cd (CUTOUT) notch in inserts US $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 12m
ROXY MUSIC AVALON (1982) JAPAN CD VJD-28013 BRYAN FERRY US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 31m

More places to buy ROXY MUSIC music online Buy ROXY MUSIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROXY MUSIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROXY MUSIC The Early Years ratings distribution

ROXY MUSIC The Early Years reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
5 stars This compilation includes 16 tracks from the first 3 albums "Roxy Music", "For your pleasure" and "Stranded" (on that LP Eddie Jobson replaced Brian Eno). In the early Seventies Roxy Music looked like ' glamrockers' and sold their records with seducing ladies on the front cover. But this was not a commercial trick to hide poor musicial ideas, in my opinion Roxy Music made in that era unique progressive rock (or call it art-rock). And they had hugh commercial success: the eponymous debut LP reached a #6 position in the UK charts and their singles "Virginia plain" and "Pyjamarama" became top 10 hits, their third album even peaked the album charts! On this compilation you can enjoy the dynamic, rock- based but inventive and often exciting sounding compositions: rock and roll in "Re-make/re- model" (great guitar-saxophone interplay and legendary short soli from all instruments), soft Mellotron waves in "Ladytron" and "If there's something" and Brian Eno's short and fat synthesizer sound at the end of the funny and catchy "Virginia plain". Let you carry away on 'classics' like "Do the strand" (great lyrics), "Editions of you", "In every dream home a heartach" (in fact a wonderful symphonic rock composition!) and "The bogus man". Roxy music their trademark in those days was the chemistry between the fiery electric guitar from Phil Manzanera, Andy MacKay's poweful saxophone, the tasteful keyboards from Eno and Jobson (and his spectacular electric violin sound) blended with the disctinctive, a bit sultry vocals from frontman Bryan Ferry. DESPITE THEIR COMMERCIAL SUCCESS THIS IS AN OVERLOOKED PROGROCK BAND, DISCOVER THEIR EARLY SEVENTIES SOUND ON THIS COMPILATION!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#38735) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 07, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars "The Early Years", I have always found it a bit difficult to enjoy early Roxy Music as I do the later & Bryan Ferry. This time, after being more convinced about their importance and very high respect in art rock genre, I nearly succeeded: I thought yeah, this is clever, witty, original, quirky, parodic, etc and not so difficult to digest as I thought before. But when I re-listened this compilation I decided I'm quite happy without this music and returned it to the library. That is, I kind of appreciated and liked it but didn't personally enjoy it greatly. But to those who know only the easy-listening Avalon-kind of Roxy Music/ Ferry, I can honestly say that they were worth their status as an original art rock/avant garde band (when also "Brain One" was with them, though Ferry was always the writer).

I liked most 'Ladytron' & 'In Every Dream Home a Heartache' which I knew before, and few others, but I'm too lazy and comfortable to try hard to start enjoying music that at first sounds a bit noisy to me. Anyway, without a doubt worth checking out if you like quirky, hilarious rock. My low rate only tell how I personally enjoyed it; a couple of stars would easily be added using objectively focused criteria.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#44659) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 29, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This is a wonderful work since it features songs from their first three albums. I do not own this compil as such. I just recreated it from their studio albums. What to say about the track choices ?

Six out of ten come from their first album (which was their more interesting one IMO). I think it would have been better for the casual fan to which this effort is oriented to have "Bitter's End" instead of "2 HB" but this is not a major point. The great "Pyjamarama" only released as a single is of course a fabulous track and is a plus here.

Five songs come from "For Your Pleasure" : the fabulous "Do The Strand" and "Editions Of You" : they were the strongest tracks of the original album. "Beauty Queen" was a good one.

About "Bogus Man" this is what I wrote in my review for the album : it's a quite elaborate track with some true prog and complex moments. The ambiance of the track is very special : repetitive, bizarre, decadent and hypnotic. It sounds surrealistic (maybe due to the synth work from Eno). It is way toooooooo long (over nine minutes) and a bit boring at the end.

"In Every Dream Home a Heartache" is about the same story. I wrote that this track has a rather horrific and sinister atmosphere (Peter Hammill could have written this one). It starts with Ferry reciting his text as a psalm, the second part of the song being more "human" (Are We Not Men?).

While essential numbers for die-hard fans (like myself) they are maybe not adequate on a compil effort.

Four from "Stranded" of which only "Sunset" really doesn't belong here.

For the casual fan, this is quite a good way to get the essence of the early Roxy. With this CD, a newcomer could cheaply have a pretty good idea of the output of this influent band of the early / mid seventies. It is the perfect companion of course of their other compilation called ... The Later Years. Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#112097) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars I had this compilation in the early 90īs, a time when it was nearly impossible to get the original Roxy Music early CDs in Brazil. And I must say I was never satisfied with it. You see, every one of RMīs LPs were a kind of work of art. Roxy was never a singles band and each album meant it was to be seen (or heard) as a whole, a complete efford, not just a mere bunch of tracks put together.. Even if The Early years is composed exclusively of songs from their first three albums (i.e. their best), something is always missing when I hear it.

It is like cutting pieces from a painting and puting together the chosen ones into a new frame, got it? It might sound ok for the casual listener and still he wonīt see (or hear) the real, complete thing. Even if the new version of this compilation has some extra songs than the one I once had, the only reason to have it is that it now includes the original non LP song Pyjamarama. And I donīt think thist is reason enough to buy this CD.

Roxy Music was an extremely important band, and their first works were quite revolutionary, groundbreaking and influential. But to understand this youīll have to listen to the full albums. Each one of their first CDs are essential to any prog music colletion. Thatīs why I canīt rate The Early Years higher, even if the tracklist is of great quality.

Incomplete.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#271214) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 11, 2010

4 stars Why I must be honest when I talk about Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry? Why do I have to explain to others what was Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry to the music of the 70's? Why do I remember that from I was a child Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry were among my favorite bands? Oh, yeah, why explain it? Liste ... (read more)

Report this review (#781099) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Monday, July 02, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this is just excellent,it has all their essential early work on one cd.song for europe, bogus man , every dreamhome etc.. no filler here!roxy music must go down as one of the most underrated bands of the early 70,s. ... (read more)

Report this review (#34131) | Posted by | Thursday, March 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROXY MUSIC "The Early Years"