CHANCE FOR A LIVE TIME

Kayak Chance For A Live Time  album cover

Buy KAYAK Music
Live, released in 2001

CD 1: 41:56
1. Close To The Fire (8:03)
2. Crusader (3:47)
3. When Hearts Grow Cold (3:55)
4. Mammoth (3:07)
5. Wintertime (3:00)
6. Periscope Life (3:47)
7. Sweet Revenge (3:47)
8. See See the Sun (4:36)
9. Anne (3:34)
10. Anybody's Child (4:16)
CD 2: 44:01
1. Two Wrongs (4:54)
2. Forever (4:30)
3. Merlin (7:38)
4. Niniane (5:52)
5. Chance For a Lifetime (4:30)
6. Starlight Dancer (5:09)
7. Ruthless Queen (5:47)

- Bert Heerink / lead vocals, percussion
- Bert Veldkamp / electric & accoustic bass, guitar, vocals
- Rob Vunderink / electric & accoustic guitar, vocals
- Rob Winter / electric & accoustic guitar, vocals

KAYAK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAYAK Chance For A Live Time Music

KAYAK Phantom of The Night JANUS LP '79 OG Progressive Rock US $2.99 [0 bids]
Kayak Starlight Dancer LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 26m
KAYAK starlight dancer Lp RECORD 1977 US $9.75 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Kayak - Tenth Anniversary 1973 2008 CD US $38.62 Buy It Now 7h 11m
KAYAK - "Periscope Life" 1980 1st US PROMO ONLY 12" Single - RARE!! US $19.88 Buy It Now 9h 2m
KAYAK - Anywhere But Here (CD, Sep-2011) LIKE NEW US $13.75 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Kayak ?- Eyewitness with bonus tracks CD 1994 (pseudonym) LIKE NEW US $13.69 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Kayak- Eyewitness + 3 bonus tracks (SHM-CD) Mini Lp ((Camel, Earth and fire) US $36.99 Buy It Now 23h 58m
KAYAK - "Periscope Life" LP 1980 ORIG 1st US PROMO w/INSERT - No UPC US $22.88 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK - "Phantom Of The Night" LP 1978 US 1st WL PROMO - JANUS - w/INNER US $22.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak - Eyewitness + 2 BT 1981 LTD cd Ton Scherpenzeel Earth and Fire Ayreon RAR US $22.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak SEALED Picture Disc LP Phantom In The Night 1978 Prog Numbered Mint US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak ex Uk LP same self title US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak netherlands LP Merlin US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK: Periscope Life (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT NUMBERED ED 1978 12" PICTURE DISC JANUS XS 7039 RARE US $30.00 [0 bids]
KAYAK: Best Of LP (Netherlands, sl cw) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK 'PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT' US IMPORT LP US $33.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak 45 I WANT YOU TO BE MINE / IRENE inst. ~ Janus VG+ prog pop rock US $3.28 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Merlin Rare Out Of Print Pseudonym Label Version New CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak - Phantom Of The Night (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $35.68 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK LP PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT JANUS WHITE LABEL PROMO US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT VERTIGO 45 IMPORT FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIP US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK "Royal Bed Bouncer" Original LP NICE COPY US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak Lp Phantom Of The Night Never opened in Shrink Original Press US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
2 LPs~KAYAK~Starlight Dancer~Phantom of the Night US $8.99 [0 bids]
CD-Kayak-The Very Best of dutch prog psych US $8.99 [0 bids]
Kayak "Phantom Of The Night" 1979 Janus Promo LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak: Ivory Dance / Keep the Change [Unplayed Copy] US $11.97 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK "Starlight Dancer" LP VG, Lyric sleeve! 1977 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
? Kayak - Phantom of the Night (Janus 7039) (sealed) (a Dutch group) US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK "PERISCOPE LIFE" + 2bonus tracks CD LIKE NEW 1993 mercury US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak-Eyewitness + Merlin 2 cds in slipcase Dutch prog US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK SEAGULL VERTIGO 45 & PS FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LP-Kayak-Royal Bed Bouncer~'75 Dutch PROG Killer LP ~Camel YES US $14.99 [0 bids]
Original Hits by Kayak -- NEW CD Import Rock Netherlands US $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK SEE SEE THE SUN RARE OOP CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Night Vision - Kayak New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $53.52 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK - Ass - 12" US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK STARLIGHT DANCER LP 531 US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Jan Akkerman Kaz Lux Focus Kayak 1977 Programme US $25.43 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK The Last Encore 2002 remastered CD NEW / UNPLAYED US $15.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Camel- the single factor (SHM-CD) Japanese mini Lp (Caravan, Kayak) US $47.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak - CD 1994 - Merlin US $1.68 [1 bids]
KAYAK "Eyewitness" OOP! Remaster Top Dutch prog psych Focus Golden Earring US $8.99 [0 bids]
SUPERSISTER "Present Fram Nancy" REMASTER w/ 4 BONUS 70s Dutch prog FOCUS KAYAK US $13.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK "PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT" 8 Track! Brand New!! Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SEALED 1978 KAYAK Phantom of the Night LP Jonus Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night LP 1979 Janus Records Made in Canada Vinyl VG+/VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Anywhere But Here by Kayak (CD, Sep-2011) US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK ~ SAME S/T ~ UK HARVEST WHITE LABEL TEST LP - 1ST PRESS 1/1 ~ DUTCH PROG US $331.51 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak - Phantom of the Night - Prog Rock/Pop NM-1978 Janus Rare Orig OOP US $2.99 [0 bids]
Kayak  (2nd album) LIKE NEW CD US $11.82 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night (RARE 1978 12" Picture Disc, Janus, XS 7039) SEALED US $99.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak Merlin - Bard Of The Unseen 2003 CD RARE RUSSIAN RELEASE CD-Maximum OBI US $29.94 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak Close To The Fire 2003 ULTRA RARE RUSSIAN EDITION CD-Maximum CDM 0703-1430 US $9.94 Buy It Now 5 days
Eyewitness by Kayak (Mar-1999,Pseudonym Records(Netherlands))/new cd/2 bonus trk US $9.79 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK DANZANTE DE ESTRELLAS ARGENTINA NM LP US $21.34 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night 1978 , Janus Record JXS - 7039, Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK - Merlin - [Pseudonym] [Remaster](CD, May-2003) LIKE NEW US $9.93 [0 bids]
KAYAK ROYAL BED BOUNCER 1975 LP JANUS JXS 7023 US $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK, 70s progressive rock DJ 7" 45 KEEP THE CHANGE on Janus US $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT - NEW, SEALED VINYL LP IMPORT 2012 US $40.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1979 KAYAK Keep The Change / Same 7" 45 rpm PROMO Janus J-278 NM Vinyl P/S US $2.75 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK Periscope vinyl LP 1980 prog US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak Keep The Change bw Same WLP 45 promo single Janus J-278 US $4.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak / Starlight Dancer White Label Promo Janus US LP Dutch Rock Vinyl Pressing US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak- Starlight Dancer- new/sealed 8 Track tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak - Starlight Dancer (1977 Janus Records/GRT Music Tapes) Used 8-Track Tape US $3.50 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK - I WANT YOU TO BE MINE - RARE - 7" - URUGUAY US $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Max Werner Seasons Raido Records LP 1981 Kayak Progressive DJTS US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK - MERLIN: BARD OF THE UNSEEN - NEW CD US $15.61 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK total loss 7" b/w what's done is done (6017103) pic slv dutch vertigo 1980 US $8.48 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog cd 2 bonus tracks US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak ?- Royal Bed Bouncer with bonus tracks CD LIKE NEW US $13.90 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK "STARLIGHT DANCER" 33 RPM VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM US $9.95 [0 bids]
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT 180GM LP VINYL RECORD NEW US $43.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Kayak ?- Phantom Of The Night LP Vinyl JXS70398 Janus Records US $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Kayak - Phantom Of The Night [Vinyl New] US $29.37 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK: Starlight Dancer (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK THE LAST ENCORE RARE OOP CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Promo 45 rpm - KAYAK - I Want You To Be Mine - MINT DJ US $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Kayak-The Last Encore Dutch prog cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK - KAYAK - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $34.06 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK "ROYAL BED BOUNCER" Rare ORIG EMI DUTCH PROG PSYCH LP! (Genesis / Caravan) US $42.50 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK phantom of the night LP 10 track with inner sleeve (jxs7039) us janus 1979 US $9.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Kayak Wintertime b/w Alibi Rare France 7" PS 45 2C004-25.035 Single US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Kayak - Periscope Life/Last Encore [CD New] US $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK - PERISCOPE LIFE / LAST ENCORE NEW CD US $23.27 Buy It Now 8 days
Kayak Import EMI Best of LP Prog Psych US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Periscope Life/Last Encore by Kayak (CD, Dec-2012, Universal Netherlands) US $16.07 Buy It Now 9 days
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT - NETHERLAND IMPORT LP - 1979 PHONOGRAM B.V. US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
1979 PROG ROCK Kayak Phantom Of The Night Ruthless Queen Vinyl LP @ US $1.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Brown Ray - Kayak CD Pop Jazz US $20.65 Buy It Now 9 days
KAYAK/TRIUMVIRAT harvest records presents advert uk harvest 1974 original newspa US $8.48 Buy It Now 9 days
Dutch Prog RaRe Import KAYAK Periscope Life Promo LP on Vertigo Space Ship US $23.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Dutch Prog RaRe Import KAYAK Phantom Of Tthe Night LP +insert Vertigo Space Ship US $17.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Dutch Prog RaRe Import KAYAK Rock En El Tiempo Unique Comp LP Vertigo Space Ship US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy KAYAK music online Buy KAYAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAYAK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAYAK Chance For A Live Time ratings distribution

KAYAK Chance For A Live Time reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars I would consider this album as the first KAYAK true live album because it has everything: there were gigs performed and recorded, and there were audience involved. Yes, you are right, "Eyewitness" was the band first live recording but it missed essential elements of "true" live records: the gig and the audience. "Eyewitness" was recorded to remark the end of the band in 1982. A sad story. This album was recorded live fro a set of "Close To The Fire" Tour in 2000: Rotterdam, Utrecht, Leeuwarden, Hrdenberg and Enschede, Holland. Wel well well . I truly envy on people who had a chance seeing the band performed the gigs. What a wonderful nights they might have. I cannot imagine that, my friends . Yeah, kayak has been in my life since I heard and fell in love with their wonderfully crafted tune "Woe and Allas", sometime in mid 70s, that has become my lifetime favorite. Even until now, whenever I heard this song, it crunches my heart. It's killing me man!

As I have reviewed a lot of Kayak albums in this site, I would not repeat reviewing them, musically, in this live record. I'd rather comment on how the live itself has provided us with a sort of musical quality different than studio version. I could only assure you that this live act is really an excellent performance. It's definitely true for those of you who like Kayak's music. You don't need to love the band's music, just like it - and you would enjoy their music. For me personally, Kayak music is not something that I consider a true "prog" music. But their music is definitely not a typical pop rock vein. I enjoy Kayak music for a change, usually, having listened to complex music such as The Tangent, Island, Somnambulist, Gentle Giant, etc. It's a relaxing music, I would say. Forget about prog nature, even though I know that there are some elements that constitute a prog nature of their music.

All tracks that come from "Close To The Fire" album were performed excellently by the band. For my listening observation, this live set is much more dynamic and more rocking than the studio version. All musicians contribute their best in this live show. There are seven tracks coming from "Close To The Fire" album. The other 11 tracks coming from their classic albums. One thing that makes me happy, despite the new album, is their performance of classic hits like "Mammoth","Periscope of Life", and "Wintertime". I especially like "Wintertime" that is performed nicely in this album. My favorite classic "Starlight Dancer" that has a killing melody at intro part is also featured in this CD.

I don't think there is no human being that dislike "Anne". Yup, the band fetures also this song in here. Again, I cannot imagine how would I feel if I were in the crowd watching these guys perform this live. For sure, I would sing a long during the show! "Merlin" - hey, tell me who the guys on earth don't like this tune??? "Ninianne" - another excellent shot.

I think, you should enjoy yourself. It would not be a regret at all to own this CD yourself. If you like Kayak and live music, this is for you man! But if you don't like live albums, forget it - just buy their terrific studio albums. Highly recommended. Keep on progging! Progressively Yours, GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#4225) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 16, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Close to the fire, but not quite there

After a long absence from the music scene, Kayak came back in the year 2000 with the excellent Close To The Fire. This album was very different from their earlier albums - more Symphonic Prog as opposed to Pop Prog - and it is by far my favourite Kayak album. The present live album was recorded during this period and relies heavily on material from Close To The Fire with no less than seven out of the album's 12 tracks making it into the set list. While this is a lively and energetic live performance, I strongly prefer the studio versions on which Andy Latimer from Camel made a guest appearance (Ton Scherpenzeel, the keyboard player and leader of Kayak, was a member of Camel in the 80's). Just like the studio album, this double live CD is bookended by the brilliant Close To The Fire title track and the excellent Full Circle - two songs that I love. These songs function excellently as opener and closer respectively, but not all of the best songs from that album are here. They do play Two Wrongs (Don't Make A Right) which was a the weakest song from Close To The Fire, but they sadly don't play the wonderful Frozen Flame.

The rest of the set is made up by classics from the early 70's to the early 80's the best of which are Merlin and Niniane (Lady Of The Lake) both originally released on the Merlin album in 1981 (and later featured on the misguided and overblown 2003 re-make Bard Of The Unseen). Even here though, the original studio versions are better but the former features a great Rick Wakeman-like keyboard solo from Scherpenzeel (ironic as Wakeman also made a song about Merlin).

I have never been a big fan of the band's 70's albums which are clearly on the Pop Prog side of things. But it is admittedly quite good Pop Prog and the songs chosen for this set are among the band's biggest hits. In the middle of the show (towards the end of the first disc) there is an acoustic set with some songs featuring Scherpenzeel on accordion. These folky acoustic songs remind me a bit of Styx' wonderful acoustic hit Boat On The River.

This is a good career-spanning live album that makes a nice addition to your Kayak collection. They have, however, not been able to capture the sonic quality of the studio recordings. I therefore strongly recommend to go for some of the band's studio albums first, particularly the outstanding Close To The Fire and the very good but uneven original Merlin (the first half of which is great).

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#296554) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 28, 2010

Post a review of KAYAK "Chance For A Live Time "