CHANCE FOR A LIVE TIME

Kayak Chance For A Live Time  album cover

Buy KAYAK Music
Live, released in 2001

CD 1: 41:56
1. Close To The Fire (8:03)
2. Crusader (3:47)
3. When Hearts Grow Cold (3:55)
4. Mammoth (3:07)
5. Wintertime (3:00)
6. Periscope Life (3:47)
7. Sweet Revenge (3:47)
8. See See the Sun (4:36)
9. Anne (3:34)
10. Anybody's Child (4:16)
CD 2: 44:01
1. Two Wrongs (4:54)
2. Forever (4:30)
3. Merlin (7:38)
4. Niniane (5:52)
5. Chance For a Lifetime (4:30)
6. Starlight Dancer (5:09)
7. Ruthless Queen (5:47)

- Bert Heerink / lead vocals, percussion
- Bert Veldkamp / electric & accoustic bass, guitar, vocals
- Rob Vunderink / electric & accoustic guitar, vocals
- Rob Winter / electric & accoustic guitar, vocals

KAYAK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAYAK Chance For A Live Time Music

Universal Uk/Zoom 2010
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT "SEALED" 8 TRACK TAPE US $13.64 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Kayak - Kayak (NEW CD) US $18.89 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Periscope Life/Last Encore Kayak CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Periscope Life/Last Encore - 2 DISC SET - Kayak (2012, CD New) US $11.39 Buy It Now 9h 59m
LP HOLLAND PRESS - KAYAK (STARLIGHT DANCER)- ALT.COVER - 1977 - VERTIGO 6360 856 US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 10m
LP HOLLAND PRESS - KAYAK (THE LAST ENCORE) - 1976 - VERTIGO 6360 854 with insert US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 10m
KAYAK - PERISCOPE LIFE / LAST ENCORE NEW CD US $23.11 Buy It Now 12h 30m
KAYAK "Eyewitness" OOP! Remaster Top Dutch prog psych Focus Golden Earring US $8.99 [0 bids]
SUPERSISTER "Present Fram Nancy" REMASTER w/ 4 BONUS 70s Dutch prog FOCUS KAYAK US $13.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK Starlight Dancer/Phantom.." OOP 2-on-1 70s Dutch prog psych Golden Earring US $8.99 [0 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL KAYAK JAPAN VERTIGO THE LAST ENCORE US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 52m
PROMO WHITE LABEL KAYAK VERTIGO JAPAN STARLIGHT DANCER US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 52m
KAYAK I Want You To Be Mine VG+ 45 RPM US $0.19 [0 bids]
Kayak - Periscope Life/Last Encore [CD New] US $27.78 Buy It Now 22h 13m
Kayak / Anywhere But Here CD US $29.67 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK:EYEWITNESS/PROG US $10.07 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK - Royal Red Bouncer (PROMO) 1975 Prog Rock GATEFOLD Janus US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK Royal Bed Bouncer 1975 Dutch pressed vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $28.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak - Coming Up For Air CD (2013 Renaissance USA) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Kayak - Starlight Dancer (Janus 7034) (a Dutch group) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak - Close To The Fire (CD, 2013 Renaissance Records) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK LP STARLIGHT DANCER JANUS US $7.99 [0 bids]
Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer 1975 Janus original LP Dutch Prog US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT NUMBERED ED 1978 12" PICTURE DISC JANUS XS 7039 RARE US $90.00 [0 bids]
KAYAK - Phantom of Night - Original 1979 US LP SEALED! US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK - Starlight Dancer - Original 1977 US LP SEALED! US $24.98 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK - "Periscope Life"/"Astral Aliens" 1980 7" SEALED 1st HOLLAND (Vertigo) US $23.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak - Periscope Life/Last Encore CD US $27.79 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Close to the Fire CD US $25.21 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Letters From Utopia 2-CD 19 tracks NEW/UNPLAYED US $33.60 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WERNER (KAYAK) "Rain In May" 1981 7" 1st US PROMO ONLY INDY (Radio Records) US $21.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Phantom of the Night Kayak Vinyl LP US $33.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak Original Hits, Import from Netherlands, Dinky Comm. (BA 860342). US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jan Akkerman Kaz Lux Focus Kayak 1977 Programme US $42.01 Buy It Now 3 days
CD-Kayak-The Very Best of dutch prog psych US $8.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK Phantom of The Night JAPAN LP RJ-7573 US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - Phantom of the Night - Prog Rock/Pop NM-1978 Janus Rare Orig OOP US $2.99 [0 bids]
? KAYAK - STARLIGHT DANCER LP ROCK 1977 US $2.99 [0 bids]
@ CD Edward Reekers - Stages RARE DUTCH AOR KAYAK - SOUND PRODUCTS 1992 ORG US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Phantom Of The Night - Kayak (CD 2009) US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT (180GM) NEW VINYL US $47.02 Buy It Now 4 days
Ton Scherpenzeel The lion's dream - 2013 Digipack / Kayak Camel US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak ROCK LP (Janus JXS 7039) Phantom of the Night STILL SEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $6.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak-Phantom Of The Night-Sealed Lp Vinyl Record-Janus-9098-7039 Ruthless Queen US $8.99 [0 bids]
Kayak - Merlin +1 (SHM-CD) Mini Lp (Camel, Earth and fire) US $35.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak / See See The Sun USA LP Promo Punch Dutch Prog Harvest ST-11305 US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ton Scherpenzeel-Heart Of The Universe (Kayak keys)1984 Dutch CNR 655.202 M/M(-) US $23.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT LP 1978 ORIGINAL DUTCH VERTIGO SPACESHIP US $20.15 Buy It Now 5 days
45 rpm - KAYAK - I Want You To Be Mine / Irene - Janus 274 - MINT 1978 US $5.95 Buy It Now 5 days
45 rpm - KAYAK - Keep The Change / Ivory Dance - Janus 278 - VG 1979 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak Ruthless Queen / Ivory Dance Holland 7" 45 PS Rare Prog Vertigo 6012961 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak-Merlin Dutch prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp US $35.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak Periscope Life / Astral Aliens 7' 45 PS Vertigo 6017 061 Holland US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK Starlight Dancer 12" Record **UNTESTED** US $5.00 [0 bids]
Kayak Phantom of Night Vertigo Swirl Prog Holland 7" Pic Sleeve 45 Ballad For US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK-STARLIGHT DANCER WLP rock LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak holland LP Phantom of the Night US $9.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Phantom of the Night by Kayak [Vinyl VG++ | Cover VG+] US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak - Starlight Dancer - ORIGINAL 1977 Prog LP - SEALED! US $14.24 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT "SEALED" VINYL LP US $12.73 Buy It Now 5 days
2 LPs~KAYAK~Starlight Dancer~Phantom of the Night US $9.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK THE LAST ENCORE VINYL LP IMPORT US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK STARLIGHT DANCER LP 531 US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak Phantom of the night LP, VG play tested. US $2.63 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak / Eyewitness +2 KOREA CD new SI WAN US $18.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK Royal Bed Bounder WHITE LABEL PROMO LP 1975 US $21.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK - Phantom Of The Night US $14.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK Children Of The Night Limited Coloured 180G Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED MOV US $38.58 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak: Periscope Life 1980 Mercury SRM-1-3824 SEALED LP Vinyl Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sealed Kayak Phantom of the Night LP Record US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK: I Want You To Be Mine/Irene (rock prog VG++ vinyl 45 CANADA) US $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak Record LP Royal Red Bouncer Orig rock Janus Label gatefold VG++ US $8.50 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK nr mint vinyl lp PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Classics/Kayak/new cd US $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak - phantom of the night 1979 US $0.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK Phantom of The Night JAPAN LP RJ-7573 US $28.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE PRESIDENT By Appointment Of JAPAN 28.3P-516 / Kayak US $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK - KAYAK - NEW CD US $24.54 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK - Phantom Of The Night (reissue) - limited 180 gram coloured vinyl LP US $37.80 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK THE BEST OF IMPORT LP RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK - ROYAL BED BOUNCER NEW CD US $30.40 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK DANZANTE DE ESTRELLAS LP ARGENTINA EX US $13.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK DANZANTE DE ESTRELLAS LP ARGENTINA NM US $16.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK FANTASMA EN LA NOCHE LP ARGENTINA NM US $17.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK FANTASMA EN LA NOCHE LP ARGENTINA VG++ US $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK GUARDATE EL / MANERAS COMPRADORAS 7" ARGENTINA US $13.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK MIRA MIRA EL SOL LP URUGUAY US $16.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK ROCK EN EL TIEMPO LP ARGENTINA ONLY US $19.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK STARLIGHT DANCER LP BRAZIL US $17.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK VIDA PERISCOPICA PRO LP ARGENTINA US $19.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Royal Bed Bouncer Kayak CD US $11.60 Buy It Now 7 days
Kayak / See See The Sun (rmst) CD US $11.78 Buy It Now 7 days
Kayak CD US $11.60 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK EYEWITNESS 1981 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen KICP 1ST PRESS US $79.99 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK (DUTCH SYMPH/PROG/PSYCH) MAMMOTH (THEIR RARE 1973 2ND. 7"SINGLE) US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK see see the sun 5C 056-24933 A/B dutch emi 1973 LP PS EX/VG+ with insert US $34.19 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night 8 Track tape STILL SEALED US $8.88 Buy It Now 8 days
Kayak,Kayak,Matrix A-1 & B-2,LP US $23.52 Buy It Now 8 days
KAYAK - Royal Bed Bouncer - '75 Dutch band prog psych LP - USA Janus label - NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Kayak - See See The Sun [CD New] US $14.58 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy KAYAK music online Buy KAYAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAYAK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAYAK Chance For A Live Time ratings distribution

KAYAK Chance For A Live Time reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars I would consider this album as the first KAYAK true live album because it has everything: there were gigs performed and recorded, and there were audience involved. Yes, you are right, "Eyewitness" was the band first live recording but it missed essential elements of "true" live records: the gig and the audience. "Eyewitness" was recorded to remark the end of the band in 1982. A sad story. This album was recorded live fro a set of "Close To The Fire" Tour in 2000: Rotterdam, Utrecht, Leeuwarden, Hrdenberg and Enschede, Holland. Wel well well . I truly envy on people who had a chance seeing the band performed the gigs. What a wonderful nights they might have. I cannot imagine that, my friends . Yeah, kayak has been in my life since I heard and fell in love with their wonderfully crafted tune "Woe and Allas", sometime in mid 70s, that has become my lifetime favorite. Even until now, whenever I heard this song, it crunches my heart. It's killing me man!

As I have reviewed a lot of Kayak albums in this site, I would not repeat reviewing them, musically, in this live record. I'd rather comment on how the live itself has provided us with a sort of musical quality different than studio version. I could only assure you that this live act is really an excellent performance. It's definitely true for those of you who like Kayak's music. You don't need to love the band's music, just like it - and you would enjoy their music. For me personally, Kayak music is not something that I consider a true "prog" music. But their music is definitely not a typical pop rock vein. I enjoy Kayak music for a change, usually, having listened to complex music such as The Tangent, Island, Somnambulist, Gentle Giant, etc. It's a relaxing music, I would say. Forget about prog nature, even though I know that there are some elements that constitute a prog nature of their music.

All tracks that come from "Close To The Fire" album were performed excellently by the band. For my listening observation, this live set is much more dynamic and more rocking than the studio version. All musicians contribute their best in this live show. There are seven tracks coming from "Close To The Fire" album. The other 11 tracks coming from their classic albums. One thing that makes me happy, despite the new album, is their performance of classic hits like "Mammoth","Periscope of Life", and "Wintertime". I especially like "Wintertime" that is performed nicely in this album. My favorite classic "Starlight Dancer" that has a killing melody at intro part is also featured in this CD.

I don't think there is no human being that dislike "Anne". Yup, the band fetures also this song in here. Again, I cannot imagine how would I feel if I were in the crowd watching these guys perform this live. For sure, I would sing a long during the show! "Merlin" - hey, tell me who the guys on earth don't like this tune??? "Ninianne" - another excellent shot.

I think, you should enjoy yourself. It would not be a regret at all to own this CD yourself. If you like Kayak and live music, this is for you man! But if you don't like live albums, forget it - just buy their terrific studio albums. Highly recommended. Keep on progging! Progressively Yours, GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#4225) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 16, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Close to the fire, but not quite there

After a long absence from the music scene, Kayak came back in the year 2000 with the excellent Close To The Fire. This album was very different from their earlier albums - more Symphonic Prog as opposed to Pop Prog - and it is by far my favourite Kayak album. The present live album was recorded during this period and relies heavily on material from Close To The Fire with no less than seven out of the album's 12 tracks making it into the set list. While this is a lively and energetic live performance, I strongly prefer the studio versions on which Andy Latimer from Camel made a guest appearance (Ton Scherpenzeel, the keyboard player and leader of Kayak, was a member of Camel in the 80's). Just like the studio album, this double live CD is bookended by the brilliant Close To The Fire title track and the excellent Full Circle - two songs that I love. These songs function excellently as opener and closer respectively, but not all of the best songs from that album are here. They do play Two Wrongs (Don't Make A Right) which was a the weakest song from Close To The Fire, but they sadly don't play the wonderful Frozen Flame.

The rest of the set is made up by classics from the early 70's to the early 80's the best of which are Merlin and Niniane (Lady Of The Lake) both originally released on the Merlin album in 1981 (and later featured on the misguided and overblown 2003 re-make Bard Of The Unseen). Even here though, the original studio versions are better but the former features a great Rick Wakeman-like keyboard solo from Scherpenzeel (ironic as Wakeman also made a song about Merlin).

I have never been a big fan of the band's 70's albums which are clearly on the Pop Prog side of things. But it is admittedly quite good Pop Prog and the songs chosen for this set are among the band's biggest hits. In the middle of the show (towards the end of the first disc) there is an acoustic set with some songs featuring Scherpenzeel on accordion. These folky acoustic songs remind me a bit of Styx' wonderful acoustic hit Boat On The River.

This is a good career-spanning live album that makes a nice addition to your Kayak collection. They have, however, not been able to capture the sonic quality of the studio recordings. I therefore strongly recommend to go for some of the band's studio albums first, particularly the outstanding Close To The Fire and the very good but uneven original Merlin (the first half of which is great).

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#296554) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 28, 2010

Post a review of KAYAK "Chance For A Live Time "