CHANCE FOR A LIVE TIME

Kayak Chance For A Live Time  album cover

Buy KAYAK Music
Live, released in 2001

CD 1: 41:56
1. Close To The Fire (8:03)
2. Crusader (3:47)
3. When Hearts Grow Cold (3:55)
4. Mammoth (3:07)
5. Wintertime (3:00)
6. Periscope Life (3:47)
7. Sweet Revenge (3:47)
8. See See the Sun (4:36)
9. Anne (3:34)
10. Anybody's Child (4:16)
CD 2: 44:01
1. Two Wrongs (4:54)
2. Forever (4:30)
3. Merlin (7:38)
4. Niniane (5:52)
5. Chance For a Lifetime (4:30)
6. Starlight Dancer (5:09)
7. Ruthless Queen (5:47)

- Bert Heerink / lead vocals, percussion
- Bert Veldkamp / electric & accoustic bass, guitar, vocals
- Rob Vunderink / electric & accoustic guitar, vocals
- Rob Winter / electric & accoustic guitar, vocals

KAYAK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAYAK Chance For A Live Time Music

Anywhere But HereAnywhere But Here
Ais 2011
Phantom Of The Night: The Very BestPhantom Of The Night: The Very Best
RENAISSANCE 2009
Kayak - Merlin +1 (SHM-CD) Mini Lp (Camel, Earth and fire) US $35.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Kayak / See See The Sun USA LP Promo Punch Dutch Prog Harvest ST-11305 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Ton Scherpenzeel-Heart Of The Universe (Kayak keys)1984 Dutch CNR 655.202 M/M(-) US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
45 rpm - KAYAK - I Want You To Be Mine / Irene - Janus 274 - MINT 1978 US $4.95 Buy It Now 14h 24m
45 rpm - KAYAK - Keep The Change / Ivory Dance - Janus 278 - VG 1979 US $4.95 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Kayak Ruthless Queen / Ivory Dance Holland 7" 45 PS Rare Prog Vertigo 6012961 US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Phantom of the Night by Kayak (Vinyl, 1978) JXS-7039 US $4.98 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Kayak - The Last Encore CD US $6.42 [0 bids]
Kayak - Starlight Dancer CD US $6.42 [0 bids]
Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer (2012) Remastered CD Esoteric Records US $6.42 [1 bids]
Kayak - Kayak CD (2012) Remastered + Bonus Tracks US $6.42 [0 bids]
Kayak Phantom of Night Vertigo Swirl Prog Holland 7" Pic Sleeve 45 Ballad For US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 27m
KAYAK-STARLIGHT DANCER WLP rock LP US $14.98 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Kayak - Starlight Dancer - ORIGINAL 1977 Prog LP - SEALED! US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 37m
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT "SEALED" VINYL LP US $12.44 Buy It Now 23h 20m
KAYAK - 50 JAAR NEDERPOP (IMPORT) NEW CD US $21.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak / Eyewitness +2 KOREA CD new SI WAN US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK - Phantom Of The Night US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK STARLIGHT DANCER LP 531 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK Children Of The Night Limited Coloured 180G Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED MOV US $36.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak: Periscope Life 1980 Mercury SRM-1-3824 SEALED LP Vinyl Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK: I Want You To Be Mine/Irene (rock prog VG++ vinyl 45 CANADA) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Classics/Kayak/new cd US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Royal Bed Bounder WHITE LABEL PROMO LP 1975 US $21.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK/IRENE/I WANT YOU TO BE MIND/JANUS 45 RPM RECORDS US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK A THE CAR ENCHANTERS B TOTAL LOSS 1980's 7 INCH VINYL 45rpm US $3.04 [0 bids]
Kayak - phantom of the night 1979 US $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Phantom of The Night JAPAN LP RJ-7573 US $28.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE PRESIDENT By Appointment Of JAPAN 28.3P-516 / Kayak US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK - KAYAK - NEW CD US $19.36 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK - Phantom Of The Night (reissue) - limited 180 gram coloured vinyl LP US $35.17 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Night Vision 2001 JAPAN CD issue bonus track US $16.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LP-Kayak-Royal Bed Bouncer~'75 Dutch PROG Killer LP ~Camel YES US $14.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK THE BEST OF IMPORT LP RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK - ROYAL BED BOUNCER NEW CD US $31.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - Starlight Dancer 1977 Janus orig. white label promo LP wlp US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK EYEWITNESS 1981 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen KICP 1ST PRESS US $79.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK "Starlight Dancer" LP VG, Lyric sleeve! 1977 US $5.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak 'Phantom Of The Night' LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK - LAST ENCORE - VERY GOOD CONDITION US $8.98 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK IVORY DENCE KEEP THE CHANGE USA NM UNPLAYED 45rpm VEI 13 ACL US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - Keep The Change + Ivory Dence - 1979 Janus 7" 45 RPM Single! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Kayak-Merilin Dutch prog cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak Phantom of the Night Kayak LP KSHE classic US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
1st Press 1A/1A 1975 KAYAK royal bed bouncer LP Mint- Promo Label JXS 7023 US $13.50 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK - Merlin - Bard Of The Unseen CD with OBI US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ton Scherpenzeel The lion's dream - 2013 Digipack / Kayak Camel US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
@ CD Ton Scherpenzeel - Heart Of The Universe MEGARARE KAYAK / CNR RECS 1984 ORG US $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night 8 Track tape STILL SEALED US $8.88 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK Starlight Dancer 12" Record **UNTESTED** US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak - 50 Jaar Nederpop [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Last Encore [IMPORT] by Kayak (May-2002, Universal/Mercury) BRAND NEW SEALED CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak - See See The Sun (NEW CD) US $18.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak ?- Starlight Dancer LP Vinyl JXS 7034 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak : Royal Bed Bouncer CD (2003) US $13.28 Buy It Now 5 days
LP HOLLAND PRESS - KAYAK (THE LAST ENCORE) - 1976 - VERTIGO 6360 854 with insert US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
LP HOLLAND PRESS - KAYAK (STARLIGHT DANCER)- ALT.COVER - 1977 - VERTIGO 6360 856 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT LP 1978 ORIGINAL DUTCH VERTIGO SPACESHIP US $16.08 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT - 1978 - STEREO - JANUS JXS-7039 - DUTCH GROUP US $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK - "The Last Encore" LP 1976 ORIG EARLY GERMAN PRESS - Vertigo US $23.88 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK starlight dancer LP Mint- JXS-7034 Vinyl 1977 Record US $6.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak - 50 Jaar Nederpop CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 5 days
## KAYAK - STARLIGHT DANCER LP ROCK 1977 ####################################### US $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak - Phantom Of The Night Import-EU Vinyl Record LP US $37.21 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak - Kayak - ECLEC2336 US $16.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak - See See The Sun - ECLEC2335 US $16.95 Buy It Now 5 days
EARTH AND FIRE "Atlantis" RM +3 Top 70's Dutch Mellotron prog psych Focus Kayak US $11.99 [0 bids]
EARTH AND FIRE s/t RM + 2 bonus Top 70's Dutch prog psych Focus Kayak US $11.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK phantom of the night LP VG+ Promo JXS 7039 USA Wlp 1978 Prog Rock US $13.50 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK Royal Bed Bouncer Prog Holland Record Bury The World You're So Bizarre US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK: I Want You To Be Mine (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK - EYEWITNESS - BRAND NEW SEALED CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK - PERISCOPE LIFE / LAST ENCORE NEW CD US $21.66 Buy It Now 5 days
1979 KAYAK 45 IVORY DENCE / DANCE MISSPELL ERROR NEAR MINT VINYL US $0.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK: Eyewitness LP (Netherlands '81 original, 'Jem' import stoc, inner sleeve US $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK LP STARLIGHT DANCER JANUS US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RAY BROWN - KAYAK NEW CD US $23.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak-Periscope Life 1980 US Mercury SRM 1-3824 cc SIS/M- A=dual label oddity!! US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK "Royal Bed Bouncer" Original PROMO LP from 1975 (Janus JXS-7023). US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK "Phantom Of The Night" original STILL SEALED LP from 1978 (Janus JXS-7039) US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak + Old Man And The Sea JAPAN MINI LP EMPTY PROMO BOX (no CD) US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK Keep The Change b/w Ivory Dence STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1978 KAYAK I Want You To Be Mine 7" 45 rpm PROMO Janus J-2274 Stereo Mono NM- US $5.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Night Vision : Kayak JAPAN CD OBI K1165 US $7.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night LP 10 Track With Inner Sleeve (jxs7039) US Janus 1979 US $12.83 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK See See The Sun LP 9 Track Light Wear To Cover And Has Sticker On Front Of US $30.51 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK Starlight Dancer LP 11 Track With Inner Seam Split On The Spine Of The Sle US $14.44 Buy It Now 6 days
KAYAK 'Ruthless Queen' 1978 Dutch 7"/45 vinyl single US $6.42 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak Starlight Dancer / Phantom Of The Night SEALED 1988 German 2 on 1 CD Camel US $15.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Ray Great Big Band Brown - Kayak [CD New] US $17.11 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak - Periscope Life/Last Encore [CD New] US $18.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak - Eyewitness +2B CD *SEALED* SI WAN / RARE US $13.49 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy KAYAK music online Buy KAYAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAYAK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAYAK Chance For A Live Time ratings distribution

KAYAK Chance For A Live Time reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars I would consider this album as the first KAYAK true live album because it has everything: there were gigs performed and recorded, and there were audience involved. Yes, you are right, "Eyewitness" was the band first live recording but it missed essential elements of "true" live records: the gig and the audience. "Eyewitness" was recorded to remark the end of the band in 1982. A sad story. This album was recorded live fro a set of "Close To The Fire" Tour in 2000: Rotterdam, Utrecht, Leeuwarden, Hrdenberg and Enschede, Holland. Wel well well . I truly envy on people who had a chance seeing the band performed the gigs. What a wonderful nights they might have. I cannot imagine that, my friends . Yeah, kayak has been in my life since I heard and fell in love with their wonderfully crafted tune "Woe and Allas", sometime in mid 70s, that has become my lifetime favorite. Even until now, whenever I heard this song, it crunches my heart. It's killing me man!

As I have reviewed a lot of Kayak albums in this site, I would not repeat reviewing them, musically, in this live record. I'd rather comment on how the live itself has provided us with a sort of musical quality different than studio version. I could only assure you that this live act is really an excellent performance. It's definitely true for those of you who like Kayak's music. You don't need to love the band's music, just like it - and you would enjoy their music. For me personally, Kayak music is not something that I consider a true "prog" music. But their music is definitely not a typical pop rock vein. I enjoy Kayak music for a change, usually, having listened to complex music such as The Tangent, Island, Somnambulist, Gentle Giant, etc. It's a relaxing music, I would say. Forget about prog nature, even though I know that there are some elements that constitute a prog nature of their music.

All tracks that come from "Close To The Fire" album were performed excellently by the band. For my listening observation, this live set is much more dynamic and more rocking than the studio version. All musicians contribute their best in this live show. There are seven tracks coming from "Close To The Fire" album. The other 11 tracks coming from their classic albums. One thing that makes me happy, despite the new album, is their performance of classic hits like "Mammoth","Periscope of Life", and "Wintertime". I especially like "Wintertime" that is performed nicely in this album. My favorite classic "Starlight Dancer" that has a killing melody at intro part is also featured in this CD.

I don't think there is no human being that dislike "Anne". Yup, the band fetures also this song in here. Again, I cannot imagine how would I feel if I were in the crowd watching these guys perform this live. For sure, I would sing a long during the show! "Merlin" - hey, tell me who the guys on earth don't like this tune??? "Ninianne" - another excellent shot.

I think, you should enjoy yourself. It would not be a regret at all to own this CD yourself. If you like Kayak and live music, this is for you man! But if you don't like live albums, forget it - just buy their terrific studio albums. Highly recommended. Keep on progging! Progressively Yours, GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#4225) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 16, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Close to the fire, but not quite there

After a long absence from the music scene, Kayak came back in the year 2000 with the excellent Close To The Fire. This album was very different from their earlier albums - more Symphonic Prog as opposed to Pop Prog - and it is by far my favourite Kayak album. The present live album was recorded during this period and relies heavily on material from Close To The Fire with no less than seven out of the album's 12 tracks making it into the set list. While this is a lively and energetic live performance, I strongly prefer the studio versions on which Andy Latimer from Camel made a guest appearance (Ton Scherpenzeel, the keyboard player and leader of Kayak, was a member of Camel in the 80's). Just like the studio album, this double live CD is bookended by the brilliant Close To The Fire title track and the excellent Full Circle - two songs that I love. These songs function excellently as opener and closer respectively, but not all of the best songs from that album are here. They do play Two Wrongs (Don't Make A Right) which was a the weakest song from Close To The Fire, but they sadly don't play the wonderful Frozen Flame.

The rest of the set is made up by classics from the early 70's to the early 80's the best of which are Merlin and Niniane (Lady Of The Lake) both originally released on the Merlin album in 1981 (and later featured on the misguided and overblown 2003 re-make Bard Of The Unseen). Even here though, the original studio versions are better but the former features a great Rick Wakeman-like keyboard solo from Scherpenzeel (ironic as Wakeman also made a song about Merlin).

I have never been a big fan of the band's 70's albums which are clearly on the Pop Prog side of things. But it is admittedly quite good Pop Prog and the songs chosen for this set are among the band's biggest hits. In the middle of the show (towards the end of the first disc) there is an acoustic set with some songs featuring Scherpenzeel on accordion. These folky acoustic songs remind me a bit of Styx' wonderful acoustic hit Boat On The River.

This is a good career-spanning live album that makes a nice addition to your Kayak collection. They have, however, not been able to capture the sonic quality of the studio recordings. I therefore strongly recommend to go for some of the band's studio albums first, particularly the outstanding Close To The Fire and the very good but uneven original Merlin (the first half of which is great).

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#296554) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 28, 2010

Post a review of KAYAK "Chance For A Live Time "