MURDER MACHINES

Marillion

Marillion Murder Machines album cover

Buy MARILLION Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2022

1. Murder Machines (3:52)

- Steve Hogarth / lead & backing vocals, keyboards, percussion
- Steve Rothery / lead & rhythm guitars
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Pete Trewavas / bass, backing vocals
- Ian Mosley / drums

Label: Ear Music
Format: Digital
February 4, 2022

Thanks to lugh for the addition

Buy MARILLION Murder Machines Music

More places to buy MARILLION music online

MARILLION Murder Machines ratings distribution

MARILLION Murder Machines reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I have to admit that I have been missing most of what latter day Marillion has recorded. I got tired of waiting for them to go back to either progressive music or, at least, good melodies. It seemed that they wanted to avoid anything that is a little straight and/or melodic (for more than two minutes). So I was quite surprised when I heard about their newest single and decided to give it a shot - for the good times - and find out that it is one of their best. It is simple, it is short, poignant and vey, very good. The theme deals with the Covid-19 virus, but still the lyrics are subtle and broad enough to have other interpretations and certainly it will not date with time. Steve Hogarths interpretation is full of passion and moving, the melody is beautiful and the band put on a fantastic unobtrusive performance that only enhance its power. It is the best single song I heard so far this year.

Of note: I also heard Be Hard On Yourself, another track from their upcoming album An Hour Before its Dark. It is a very strong tune too. If all the material on the new CD is as good as those two then maybe were about to see Hogaths era Marillion finest hour. Lets wait and see. For now Im glad they have done such a formidable song as Murder Machines.

Rating: 4,5 stars.

4 stars Marillion is one of my favorite prog bands in the recent decades. Their music has so much heart and soul to it, and they revitalized progressive rock for a younger generation, which includes your's truly. I heard all of their albums, with the only exception being the new one coming out soon. Wit ... (read more)

Report this review (#2691191) | Posted by Dapper~Blueberries | Thursday, February 10, 2022 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Murder Machines"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.