YES ACOUSTIC: GUARANTEED NO HISS

4. Show Me
5. Roundabout
6. Time is Time
7. I've Seen All Good People

Special features: 30 minute behind the scenes documentary narrated by Rick Wakeman

Total Time: Approx 37 minutes
(67 minutes including special features)

Search YES Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss lyrics

Search YES Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss tabs

- Steve Howe / guitars, vocals
- Chris Squire / bass, vocals
- Alan White / drums
- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Jon Anderson / lead vocals

DVD Classic Pictures DVD7090X (2004)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Fly From HereFly From Here
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) NEW SEAL US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Yes Fly From Here CD/DVD 2 Disc Set Frontiers Records 2011 Widescreen Digipak US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Region 1) US $0.98 [0 bids]
Jim Henson's Preschool Collection - Yes, I Can Help (VHS, 1995) US $1.99 [0 bids]
5 Bob the Builder DVDs. Yes We Can! Dig! Lift! Haul! Bob"s Big Plan US $7.00 [4 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Owner of a Lonely Heart:best of Yes - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.36 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Yes / Live 1975 at Q.P.R. vol.1 DVD US $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
BLU-RAY ASIA - FANTASIA LIVE IN TOKYO Steve Howe Carl Palmer John Wetton Yes ELP US $5.00 [3 bids]
Yes Man = NEW Blu-Ray Region B US $15.12 Buy It Now 3h 16m
DVD STEVE HOWE LIVE LEGENDS CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE Yes Asia GTR US $5.00 [1 bids]
Bob the Builder Yes We Can!~Full screen~Excellent! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Prime Minister: Series 1 - 2 = NEW DVD R4 US $40.90 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Yes Man (2008) 35mm Trailer -Flat--USED US $1.99 [0 bids]
"According yes! Nyaruko's" Blu-ray BOX (Limited Edition) JAPAN ANIME US $322.00 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.00 [0 bids]
YES New Sealed 2014 35th ANNIVERSARY LIVE CONCERT BLU RAY US $23.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) LIKE NEW US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs VHS The 1973 Tour Concert Video US $2.95 Buy It Now 7h 30m
Yes - 9012 Live (VHS) 1985 US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Yes 6-DVD LOT Songs From Tsongas-Classic Artists-House Of Blues-Great Video Hits US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe In the Big Dream Yes Video Rare VHS 1989 US $3.00 [0 bids]
10h
Yes - Symphonic Live NEW DVD US $7.25 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Yesacoustic (DVD, 2004) US $2.99 Buy It Now 14h 14m
Yes You Can Microwave VHS Video & Book Set Cooking Cuisine Gourmet BRAND NEW US $2.99 [0 bids]
Little House on the Prairie - Special Edition Movie Boxed Set (Look Back to Yes US $27.13 Buy It Now 14h 21m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) Full Screen Mint #R2988 US $3.99 [0 bids]
"YES MAN" JIM CARREY (DVD, 2009) US $1.49 [0 bids]
A Real American Hero / The Voyage Of The Yes [Slim Case] [DVD] (1974) US $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 36m
Yes [DVD] (2005) Joan Allen; Simon Abkarian; Sam Neill; Shirley Henderson US $3.93 Buy It Now 17h 12m
Dvd blue ray lot of 7 movies! Burn after reading, narnia, yes man and more! US $24.99 [0 bids]
PROG ROCK BRITANNIA DVD bbc progressive yes genesis elp king crimson jethro tull US $24.95 Buy It Now 17h 42m
YES - TOTAL ROCK REVIEW NEW DVD US $24.70 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Yes (DVD) US $1.99 [0 bids]
18h
Yes Man (DVD, 2012) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-Ray) Blu-ray US $99.00 Buy It Now 18h 10m
Yes: YesSpeak DVD US $12.41 Buy It Now 18h 13m
LD - THE HOUSE OF YES US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 22m
Yes Man DVD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Giorgio (VHS) 1982 drama stars Luciano Pavoraotti and Kathryn Harrold US $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 33m
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Keys To Ascension (DVD, 2001) - LIKE NEW US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 19m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey,Bradley Cooper US $6.00 Buy It Now 20h 19m
YES MEN FIX THE WORLD (DVD) US $25.76 Buy It Now 20h 25m
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2013) NEIL PATRICK HARRIS - JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 31m
House of Yes: Live at House of Blues DVD US $8.82 Buy It Now 20h 46m
YES MAN Warner Bros. Jim Carrey Widescreen & Fullscreen DVD PG-13 US $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 17m
NEW - Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Collection US $26.22 Buy It Now 21h 54m
NEW - Yes Minister: The Complete Collection US $35.14 Buy It Now 21h 54m
NBC News Presents: Yes We Can! The Barack Obama Story (DVD, 2009) *NIP* US $5.76 [0 bids]
Yes Minister - Volume 1 (VHS) 4 1980 episodes of beloved BBC classic sitcom US $4.00 Buy It Now 22h 16m
YES DVD Keys To Ascension Concert Freemont Theatre US $8.49 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Yes Minister: The Complete Collection BBC 4 Disc DVD New + SEALED US $39.95 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) Jim Carrey FAST SHIPPING!!! US $4.99 [0 bids]
The House of Yes DVD(1999) - LOW PRICE! BRAND NEW! FACTORY SEALED! US $31.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia: Based on a True Story- Animated- DVD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Yesspeak Music 2 DVD Set Total Running Time 190 minutes 35th Anniversary US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MINISTER THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOLUME 2 DISC ONLY REPLACEMENT DISC US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MINISTER THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOLUME 4 DISC ONLY REPLACEMENT DISC US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray) US $9.21 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Sealed Christian Inspirational DVD!A Greater Yes: True Story of Amy Newhouse US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES! - John Mayer - "Any Given Thursday" DVD US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES MAN Blu Ray US $4.50 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs (VHS, 2000) NEW MINT SEALED US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Keys To Ascension (VHS, 2001) NEW MINT SEALED US $8.00 [0 bids]
The House of Yes DVD Very Good US $4.99 [2 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, 2-Disc Set, Canadian Digital Copy Edition DVD) US $1.29 [0 bids]
Yes-JON ANDERSON-Bill Bruford/PETER BANKS-Euro/The Best of MusikLaden Live/VHS US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.55 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia (DVD 2010) Jennifer Love Hewitt Neil Patrick Harris Alfred Molina US $8.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man [Blu-ray], Very Good DVD, Terence Stamp, John Michael Higgins, Bradley C US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Blu ray Yes Man (2009) Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Sasha Alexander US $10.06 Buy It Now 1 day
YES, DEAR: Rare '02 DVD, JEAN LOUISA KELLY, ANTHONY CLARK, MIKE O'MALLEY, 2 EPS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Say Yes! (VHS) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Madam! (Blu-ray)-Michelle Yeoh, Cynthia Rothrock US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! [Back to School Packaging] DVD US $4.80 Buy It Now 1 day
JAPAN press YES 90125 Live LD Laserdisc VAP Inc. VPLR-70464 w/OBI NEW rare US $89.98 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE VHS - *Yes, Prime Minister: The Grand Design* {G} 1990...AS NEW US $11.18 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE VHS - *Yes, Prime Minister: The Key* {G} 1990...AS NEW US $11.18 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE VHS - *Yes, Prime Minister: Power to the People* {G} 1991...AS NEW US $11.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes- Close to the Edge Rock Milestones DVD Europe Import New Sealed US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Keys To Ascension DVD US $16.37 Buy It Now 1 day
YES Live 1975 At Q.P.R. Vol 2 DVD Video Region 2 & 3 JAPAN Rare Brand New US $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2013) US $3.99 [0 bids]
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA R US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Acceptable DVD, Cecilia Antoinette, Molly Sims, D US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES New Sealed 2014 LIVE ACOUSTIC CONCERT DVD w Bonus Rehearsal Footage US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005)*SAVE*CLEARANCE*SAVE NOW! US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES MAN [DVD] [CANADIAN DVD] [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) *BRAND NEW* Still Sealed - Free Shipping US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES Special Edition EP DVD LIVE VIDEO DVD with 5.1 SURROUND SOUND US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia DVD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man DVD Jim Carrey Special Edition US $1.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss ratings distribution

YES Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It depends on which angle do you want to view this unplugged version of YES music. If you do not enjoy the kind of unplugged music, this is definitely a bad choice because it would not favor you at all. But if you like version of acoustic music, you still need to get familiar with Yes music before seeing this DVD. Why? It's quite difficult to start liking Yes from their live acoustic music because you have definitely missed its original sound.

For me personally, I actually do not like unplugged music. No wonder when my rockin's friend who currently live in Swiss, Krisna Dhianta, brought this DVD set as a gift for me I did not spin it right away because I know that I would not enjoy it. Couple of weeks after the DVD with me, I finally got a chance to spin and .. guess what? It did not bite me at all .. it was so dull to my ears, I mean it. So, I just put it at my shelf. This happened quite a long ago (since the DVD was released) until last week. The trigger was simple: I was preparing a material to be broadcasted at FM Radio Network (Trijaya) down here at my country in the Satrurday Night Rock when I would feature YES as a legendary band to discuss. As I was so busy preparing the playlist and reading many books (including YES Stories) finally I found this DVD again at my shelf. So I did try to spin .. and do you know what happened? It gave me different kind of experience and I started appreciating this DVD!

Put it this way . I have been hearing the music of YES since I was 14 years old with "Roundabout" as the first track. I have known exactly all subtleties pertinent to this song right from the elegant acoustic guitar opening until the heavy rhythm art and guitar / keyboard solos during interlude. Oh yes, I have known it for so long. All details have resided in my memory cells. But this time what I'm watching is "totally different" style of music for the same song. It gives me unique experience. Judging from the performance of the band itself, I don't think this is the best live performance they have played ever. But, for sure, this is their first unplugged version ever!

"Southside of The Sky" is also another song that I have known it quite well the subtleties of each segment event during Rick's piano solo. But, listening to the other style gives me great experience. In fact the piano solo by Rick Wakeman in this track is very intricate and interesting for my ears.

Overall, it's an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#120989) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 07, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars This DVD has a very short running time and most of the songs are also featured on the acoustic set on the Songs From Tsongas DVD. The acoustic version of South Side Of The Sky is great an was not featured (in this particular version) on the Tsongas DVD, but apart from that track there are not many reasons to buy both these DVD's and I would go for Tsongas as it offers much the same plus a lot more.

The only problem I have with this short performance is that Jon talks too much between the songs. And that there is no live audience as this was filmed for a one night only cinema show!

The bonus documentary about how and why it was done is really funny and features Wakeman as narrator. And as the comedian he is he makes fun of Steve and Chris a lot. Gave me a couple of good laughs!

I enjoy this DVD but still I feel that this is a product for hard core Yes fans primarily. If the Tsongas DVD didn't exist I would give this three stars for the beautiful acoustic renditions of these songs, but as it stands this is a two star DVD.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199709) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars At once was I surprised and thrilled to just see this sitting on the rack during a routine shopping experience at the local Wal-Mart. I scooped it up immediately and checked out the track list after realizing I was holing in my hands something I had often dreamt of- acoustic versions of Yes classics. I had some complaints, and I hadn't even bought the damn thing: There are no epic tracks, not even a single one of those ten minute pieces I would have loved to have heard given the unplugged treatment (like "Siberian Khatru" or "Starship Trooper"). Pretty much what's here is Fragile (less "Heart of the Sunrise"), two songs from Magnification, and the obligatory song from The Yes Album. Also, the Songs from Tsongas DVD contains many of these acoustic renditions, making this somewhat unnecessary, to be honest, although my opinion is that the performances here are far superior. The upside to having this DVD, however, comes in the form of the dry and wry Rick Wakeman, who narrates an absolutely hilarious and lengthy behind-the-scenes look at this performance. The atmosphere of this performance is solemn, and yet at the same time, quite informal (the concert could look like a funeral one minute, and the next minute someone is making a joke). The introduction, "Tiger Rag," is just good fun to watch and always gets me in the mood for the rest of the show. Here, one can hear an even sprightlier version of "Long Distance Runaround," a Chicago blues version of "Roundabout," and believe it or not, a countrified (almost bluegrass) rendition of "South Side of the Sky" (followed by a stirring piano solo from Wakeman). Is this essential? By no means- but it's entertaining as all get out. The behind the scenes footage more than makes up for the lack of musical content.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#236379) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This is a cheap Yes concert experience, better than I expected with the special features. It runs for just over an hour so does not deliver too much in the form of material. The doco by Rick Wakeman is okay and makes up for time, providing a few laughs with the grumpy old man's wry sense of wit, discussing the pitfalls of rehearsals. However, it would have been great to get other unplugged Yes songs such as 'Starship Trooper' rather than just a 33 minute set of standards.

The set list is pleasant enough and it is very good quality acoustically and visually. 'Long Distance Runaround' and 'South Side of the Sky' are highlights, and there are also nice vocals on the ballad 'Show Me'. 'Roundabout' and 'All Good People' that appear as always, but a lot of this acoustic treatment is heard on the "Tsongas" DVD, so this is nothing new under the sun.

It is great to see Jon Anderson before he was expelled from the group and of course his vocals are on song throughout. Wakeman is always a delight on keyboards, but Squire looks occasionally uncomfortable with the material, forgetting some sections of songs. Yes sound great unplugged though not a candle as to how they sound with the band in full flight. I recommend it though as it is so cheap and I picked this up for a bargain on Amazon for less than $4. Another Yes DVD to add to the collection for this price was irresistible.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#887405) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 04, 2013

3 stars There are many negative and positive aspects in the "unplugged": Eric Clapton may list the positive ones. Personally I would be inclined to consider certain "unplugged" real constraints due to fashion. This, in my defense (which, then, I would understand if I'm wrong), is a factor that leads m ... (read more)

Report this review (#701649) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Saturday, March 31, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I bought this in a package that was YesAcoustic/YesSpeak sort of a double feature and found that the YesSpeak portion was worth a watch or two and the YesAcoustic was worth many watches! I particularly love that Steve Howe's guitar style is conducive to acoustic leads and is not hindered by the s ... (read more)

Report this review (#166000) | Posted by endlessepic | Monday, April 07, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Wow! When I heard the intro of the concert,I thought it would be a crap concert. Boy I was wrong! Even though it is short,the song selection is perfect for this kind of concert. All tracks are done very smart, with new arrangments. My favorite is "South side of the sky" followed by the bluesy ... (read more)

Report this review (#140361) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, September 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It is very difficult to judge a recorded live performance because a large portion of the charm and ambience encountered in a live show is impossible to convey on CD or DVD. It is even more difficult if you're judging technical virtuosos YES, especially in an Acoustic set! I was first worried ... (read more)

Report this review (#116087) | Posted by erouhban | Friday, March 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Too short! Yes, that is the main problem with this DVD. Gorgeous is an excellent word to describe it, but too short. OK, let start. This was a live performance in a studio, or something like a little hall, with just a couple of people as public, so you can hear them applauding by the end o ... (read more)

Report this review (#106623) | Posted by Proglodita | Monday, January 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars So this is what they would have sounded like before electricity was discovered. I think Yes has proven that they transcend time. The acoustic versions of the songs sound very similar to the Electric versions. Some of the songs did change a bit. they changed the pace of roundabout, but it' ... (read more)

Report this review (#93463) | Posted by jalas | Thursday, October 05, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A little dissapointed with this, having seen them do some acoustic numbers brilliantly on their last (2004) tour. There's no real atmosphere here, or if there was one, it's not captured on the film; but the basic idea does work, particularly where they re-arrange the number, so its not just the o ... (read more)

Report this review (#37988) | Posted by Phil | Wednesday, June 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss"