PYRAMIDS AND STARS

The Tangent

The Tangent Pyramids And Stars album cover

Buy THE TANGENT Music
Live, released in 2005

1. The World That We Drive Through (14:46)
2. The Canterbury Sequence (9:15)
3. The Winning Game (12:15)
4. Band Introductions (1:29)
5. The Music That Died Alone (13:10)
6. In Darkest Dreams (20:39)
7. Lucky Man (5:40)

- Sam Baine / piano, synthesizers
- Jonas Reingold / bass
- Zoltan Csorsz / drums & percussion

CD Progjam 001 (2005)
Released via ProgJam-Store, available online on homepage or at Tangent concerts

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

THE TANGENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars Music

Inside Out U.S. 2004
Going Off on OneGoing Off on One
Inside Out U.S. 2007
TANGENT - NOT AS GOOD AS THE BOOK NEW CD US $27.46 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Scottish Tradition 3 -Waulking Songs From Barra HEAR Tangent UK LP unreal chants US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England [Remastered] (2011) US $8.47 [0 bids]
Tangent - Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic [Remastered] (2011) US $8.47 [0 bids]
Orbital Frog-Compiled By Ed Tangent [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Delio: Though, on; As though; Dashow: Songs from a Spiral Tree; First Tangent... US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 30m
Karney * by Karney (CD, Aug-2002, Tangent Records) US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 45m
THE TANGENT - V DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON - NEW CD - RARE !!! SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 25m
ANNA LOCKWOOD glass world of LP 23 track (tgs104) uk tangent 1970 US $38.23 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Comm by The Tangent (CD, Sep-2011, Inside Out Music) US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Down and Out in Paris and London by The Tangent (CD, Nov-2009, CMA) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ARE WE NOT MEN-Demo-ROCKBOY-Tangent-THORNS-Gospel-Cd's US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jean Jenkins "Music In The World of Islam - 2: Lutes" RARE ORIG TANGENT UK LP  US $19.99 [0 bids]
Tangent 2002: Disco Nouveau by US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
retro magazine advert 1980 TANGENT SYSTEMS US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
BUSDRIVER 'FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT' US LP BRAND NEW UNPLAYED DISTRIBUTOR STOCK US $13.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Busdriver - Fear Of A Black Tangent (NEW CD) US $19.05 Buy It Now 1 day
British Traditional Jazz At A Tangent - Vol. 1-British Traditional Jazz [CD New] US $33.99 Buy It Now 2 days
British Traditional Jazz-At A Tangent - Vol. 2-British Traditional Jazz [CD New] US $33.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mood Deluxe - Tangent Universe [CD New] US $20.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spontaneous Music Ensemble THE SOURCE Trevor Watts Original 1970 Tangent 107lp US $95.00 [0 bids]
TANGENT - WORLD THAT WE DRIVE THROUGH (IMPORT) NEW CD US $37.07 Buy It Now 2 days
MUCKLE SANGS Scottish Tradition Series Vol 5 2-LP Tangent TNGM 119 (1975) UK NM US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Busdriver Fear Of A Black Tangent CD (UK Import) NEW US $14.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Tangent - Not As Good As The Book CD US $21.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Tangent - World That We Drive Through [CD New] US $22.97 Buy It Now 3 days
MUSIC IN THE WORLD OF ISLAM strings 1976 UK TANGENT STEREO LP US $59.31 Buy It Now 3 days
MUSIC IN THE WORLD OF ISLAM lutes 1976 UK TANGENT STEREO LP US $59.31 Buy It Now 3 days
MUSIC IN THE WORLD OF ISLAM flutes & trumpets 1976 UK TANGENT STEREO LP US $59.31 Buy It Now 3 days
MUSIC IN THE WORLD OF ISLAM reeds & bagpipes 1976 UK TANGENT STEREO LP US $50.84 Buy It Now 3 days
MUSIC IN THE WORLD OF ISLAM drums & rhythms 1976 UK TANGENT STEREO LP US $59.31 Buy It Now 3 days
MONOLAKE-tangent-RARE ORIG 1999 IMBALANCE COMPUTER MUSIC GERMANY 12" US $7.90 Buy It Now 3 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) +2 BONUS TRACKS CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Trailer Park by Beth Orton (CD, Apr-1997, Dedicated) Chemical Brothers Tangent US $2.99 [0 bids]
Eddie Mendenhall - Cosine Meets Tangent CD Digipak US $9.00 Buy It Now 3 days
693723119922 Not As Good As The Book The Tangent 2 CD ANDY TILLISON FAST POST US $11.84 Buy It Now 4 days
VARIOUS:"SCOTTISH TRADITION-BOTHY BALLADS".1971 TANGENT MONO.NEAR MINT+BOOKLET!! US $11.86 Buy It Now 4 days
Tangent - Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic [CD New] US $14.85 Buy It Now 4 days
TANGENT Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt + Chasing Shadows Live 38 track 2 CD SEALED US $16.93 Buy It Now 4 days
TANGENT The Studio Sessions + Shadow Magic 36 track 2 CD SEALED Bristol Shadows US $16.93 Buy It Now 4 days
Territory Bands-At A Tangent - Vol. 4-Territory Bands-At A Tangent [CD New] US $21.44 Buy It Now 4 days
TANGENT - TRIBUTES & RARITIES/LIVE OVER ENGLAND - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.93 Buy It Now 4 days
The Tangent GOING OFF ON ONE DVD new & sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
Tangent : Origin CD US $8.85 Buy It Now 4 days
THE TANGENT - THE STUDIO SESSIONS/SHADOW MAGIC - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.05 Buy It Now 4 days
TANGENT PLANE - PROJECT ELIMI - NEW CD US $12.09 Buy It Now 4 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) (NEW LTD CD) Pre-order US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Tangent Ill: A Place In The Queue 2006 ULTRARARE RUSSIAN EDITION with OBI US $9.94 Buy It Now 4 days
AT A TANGENT, VOL. 4: TERRITORY BANDS (5017116532726) - NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 4 days
Going Off On One by The Tangent (CD, Jun-2007, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $14.38 Buy It Now 5 days
Tangent - Going Off On One [CD New] US $17.33 Buy It Now 5 days
THE TANGENT - GOING OFF ON ONE [THE TANGENT] [CD BOXSET] [2 - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.05 Buy It Now 5 days
The Tangent - The Music That Died Alone (CD, Sep-2003, Inside Out Music) US $17.09 Buy It Now 5 days
TANGENT - DOWN & OUT IN PARIS & LONDON NEW CD US $22.08 Buy It Now 6 days
TANGENT - GOING OFF ON ONE - BONUS TRACK NEW CD US $27.46 Buy It Now 6 days
Cross Town Traffique 45 rpm Record ''Tangent Records'' Shadow Woman'' US $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Le Sacre du Travail (The Rite of Work) by The Tangent (CD, Jul-2013, Century... US $13.66 Buy It Now 6 days
Comm by The Tangent (CD, Sep-2011, Inside Out Music) US $11.21 Buy It Now 6 days
Le Sacre du Travail (The Rite of Work) by The Tangent (CD, 2013, Inside Out... US $11.34 Buy It Now 6 days
THE TANGENT - DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON [THE TANGENT] - NEW CD US $13.65 Buy It Now 6 days
TRISH CLOWES - TANGENT [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $10.16 Buy It Now 6 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) (NEW LTD CD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE TANGENT - LE SACRE DU TRAVAIL (THE RITE OF WORK) [5052205065587] - NEW CD US $19.85 Buy It Now 6 days
TANGENT - GOING OFF ON ONE NEW DVD US $24.39 Buy It Now 7 days
TRISH CLOWES - TANGENT NEW CD US $15.93 Buy It Now 7 days
Tangent - Down & Out In Paris & London [CD New] US $14.02 Buy It Now 7 days
BOBS s/t LP 11 track sleeve has sticker residue (tanlp7014) us tangent 1983 US $14.78 Buy It Now 7 days
The Tangent - Comm US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail US $10.50 Buy It Now 7 days
The Tangent - Not As Good As The Book (Special Edition) US $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England [CD New] US $14.85 Buy It Now 7 days
EDDIE MENDENHALL - COSINE MEETS TANGENT [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.05 Buy It Now 8 days
C.P.E. BACH / SPANYI / TANGENT - COMPLETE KEYBOARD CONCERTOS 9 NEW CD US $28.23 Buy It Now 8 days
FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT BY BUSDRIVER (CD) US $17.44 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent - Going Off On One CD US $21.73 Buy It Now 8 days
Orbital Frog-Compiled By Ed Tangent CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities Live Over England CD US $20.65 Buy It Now 8 days
Trish Clowes - Tangent CD US $14.06 Buy It Now 8 days
Mendenhall Eddie - Cosine Meets Tangent CD US $17.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent - Not As Good As The Book W/ Book Spec CD US $35.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Territory Bands - At A Tangent Volume 4 - Various (NEW CD) US $20.74 Buy It Now 8 days
British Traditional Jazz At A Tangent - Vol. 5-British Traditional Jazz [CD New] US $22.11 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent PO 002 LP Moments US $99.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Craobh Nan Ubhal Flora MacNeil vinyl LP album record UK TGS124 TANGENT 1976 US $54.14 Buy It Now 9 days
Busdriver - Fear Of A Black Tangent - BDCD077 US $17.91 Buy It Now 9 days
CD-EP Tangent Plane - s/t RARE GERMAN PROG METAL INDIE 1996 US $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
TANGENT-GOING OFF ON ONE-JAPAN 2CDs Ii45 US $58.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Mendenhall,Eddie - Cosine Meets Tangent [CD New] US $16.06 Buy It Now 10 days
Le Sacre du Travail (The Rite of Work) by The Tangent CD, 2013,Inside Out Music US $14.53 Buy It Now 10 days
Cosine Meets Tangent - Eddie Mendenhall New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.73 Buy It Now 10 days
Vol. 1-british Traditional Jazz At a Tangent - British Traditional Jazz At A Tan US $36.45 Buy It Now 10 days
Vol. 5-british Traditional Jazz At a Tangent - British Traditional Jazz At A Tan US $35.20 Buy It Now 10 days
BUSDRIVER - FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT NEW CD US $27.84 Buy It Now 10 days
Beyond A Shadow Of A Doubt/Chasing Shadows Live - Tangent New & Sealed CD Free S US $24.60 Buy It Now 10 days
Not As Good As the Book (cd & Book) - Tangent New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
LP ANNA LOCKWOOD - GLASS WORLD OF (TANGENT TGS 104) VERY RARE 1970 BRITISH US $33.81 Buy It Now 10 days
TANGENT - TRIBUTES & RARITIES / LIVE OVER ENGLAND NEW CD US $25.16 Buy It Now 10 days
Le Sacre du Travail (The Rite of Work) by The Tangent (CD, Jul-2013) NEW. US $13.59 Buy It Now 10 days
British Traditional Jazz At A Tangent Vol. 5 - Second Line: [6/2] by Various... US $19.18 Buy It Now 11 days
Fear Of A Black Tangent US $21.47 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE TANGENT music online Buy THE TANGENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE TANGENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars ratings distribution

THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars reviews

Review by TheProgtologist
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The Tangent,that great melding of the minds between Parallel or 90 Degrees and The Flower Kings,have released this fine live album that nicely balances out songs from their two studio releases The Music that Died Alone and The World that We Drive Through.This performance was recorded at Aschaffenburg Colas-Saal on March 11,2004,and if you were not fortunate to see them live,this is your only chance to hear them with The Flower Kings Roine Stolt and Zoltan Csorsz,who have since been replaced by Karmakanic's Krister Jonzon and ex-Flower Kings drummer Jaime Salazar.The songs are executed very well live and sound just as good as the studio versions,with plenty of impromptu riffs and spontaneous solos.The highlight of this album for me was The Tangent's encore cover version of ELP's "Lucky Man",probably one of the best renditions of this song I have ever heard.If you like The Tangent and want to hear what a great live band they are,buy this album.4 stars.

Send comments to TheProgtologist (BETA) | Report this review (#40756) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 28, 2005

Review by Gatot
4 stars As written at this site, The TANGENT is by concept a musical project that involves seven of the most dedicated progressive musicians today. The band consists of Roine STOLT, Jonas REINGOLD & Zoltan CZSORZ (all from The FLOWER KINGS), Sam BAINE & Andy TILLISON (from PARALLEL Or 90 DEGREES), Guy MANNING (MANNING), and ex VDGG sax/flute player David JACKSON. A line-up that historically spans the whole progressive music era.. This live album was recorded live at Colos Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany 03/11/04. This time David Jackson and Guy Manning did not present but it did not mean the line-up had become weak. This live set proves that the band is one or great prog band Planet Earth has ever had. AT least, I love The Tangent very much!

Prior to this live set the band had released two albums namely "The Music That Died Alone" and "The World That We Drive Through" of which these two albums I have written long review that you might want to read at this site. It's not important to read my review, actually, because what's more important is: GET THAT CDs of two albums! Even it's better you listen to the studio albums first an then move to this live set so you understand the difference.

What a great thing about this live set because in concert, The Tangent's music turned out to be a whole new and much superior level with great live vibes and very entertaining. I always smile whenever I heard this album which I have been listening to it more than 10 spins (hey! I have ripped the music into my PDA which I carries wherever I go. So, I keep listening to this album even though I'm traveling out of town like now). It's probably Andy Tillison who really make this concert entertaining. He serves as the band's communicator with his bad German (clearly stated at the CD sleeve. It's not my words because I can't understand German so I cannot comment!). This is how the liner notes says: Andy Tillison: organ, synthesizer, piano, vocals, and equally bad German. Hua ha ha ha. what a great laughs I got when I read this the first time. Indeed, he is a very funny and personable guy. He makes everything lively.

"The World That We Drive Through" kicks off wonderfully with clear vocal and piano, everything is performed very closely with the one you hear at studio version. But, there is major difference beween the two versions: this one is much more dynamic and "live" as it contains fresh music with spontaneous solos, jazz improvisation, and other good riffs.

My favorite "The Canterbury Sequence" sounds somewhat different in terms of instruments used, which probably something to do with equipment's brand. But, composition-wise it's pretty close with what I hear at the studio version. Rather than build up with the other parts of the epic, they cut to the chase and go straight for the jugular with this sequence. You might wan to read my review of first album on details of this powerful epic.

Roine Stolt's guitar work sounds heavier than studio version on "The Winning Game". The influence of The Flower Kings music is so obvious in this track. "The Music That Died Alone" is also excellent one and it's performed much better than the studio version especially the piano, in particular, is performed like a new thing in here.

"In Darkest Dreams" which started all of The Tangent album is now performed at the end of the concert. By this time the band's music has become matured and this track is very interesting to enjoy to conclude the concert. What to me sounds like an anti-climax is the inclusion of ELP's "Lucky Man" which I think was a bad decision for the band to perform this tribute. Not that they perform poorly but this song by ELP has become so boring on my ears (In fact, I never put this legendary song as my favorite because it has repeated chords that made me "bored"). Oh yes, it's a legendary track and so what? It's an anti-climax and I never get it played at my CD Player only once at first spin. Lucky Man is a very boring song that ELP should have not ever made it . Excluding "Lucky Man" featured in this CD, I consider that this CD is a masterpiece of progressive rock live album. Highly recommended (please skip the "Lucky Man"!). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#75993) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 23, 2006

4 stars Hitting the right keys to my heart. I have not failed to notice that a lot of people says or very strongly hints that the music of The Tangent has hit their heart and mind. Is therefore The Tangent a commercial prog rock band ? Well, they hit the right notes and their music is very stylish. So ... (read more)

Report this review (#188593) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, November 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE TANGENT "Pyramids And Stars"