PYRAMIDS AND STARS

The Tangent

The Tangent Pyramids And Stars album cover

Buy THE TANGENT Music
Live, released in 2005

1. The World That We Drive Through (14:46)
2. The Canterbury Sequence (9:15)
3. The Winning Game (12:15)
4. Band Introductions (1:29)
5. The Music That Died Alone (13:10)
6. In Darkest Dreams (20:39)
7. Lucky Man (5:40)

- Sam Baine / piano, synthesizers
- Jonas Reingold / bass
- Zoltan Csorsz / drums & percussion

CD Progjam 001 (2005)
Released via ProgJam-Store, available online on homepage or at Tangent concerts

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

THE TANGENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars Music

Inside Out U.S. 2006
Going Off on OneGoing Off on One
Inside Out U.S. 2007
TANGENT-GOING OFF ON ONE-JAPAN 2CDs Ii45 US $58.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
CD-EP Tangent Plane - s/t RARE GERMAN PROG METAL INDIE 1996 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Mendenhall,Eddie - Cosine Meets Tangent [CD New] US $14.24 Buy It Now 11h 29m
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England [Remastered] (2011) US $8.57 [0 bids]
Tangent - Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic [Remastered] (2011) US $8.57 [0 bids]
Le Sacre du Travail (The Rite of Work) by The Tangent CD, 2013,Inside Out Music US $14.53 Buy It Now 15h 30m
BUSDRIVER - FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT NEW CD US $27.89 Buy It Now 19h 56m
Delio: Though, on; As though; Dashow: Songs from a Spiral Tree; First Tangent... US $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 29m
TANGENT - TRIBUTES & RARITIES / LIVE OVER ENGLAND NEW CD US $25.20 Buy It Now 23h 43m
Le Sacre du Travail (The Rite of Work) by The Tangent (CD, Jul-2013) NEW. US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Tangent GOING OFF ON ONE DVD new & sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
British Traditional Jazz At A Tangent Vol. 5 - Second Line: [6/2] by Various... US $28.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Comm by The Tangent (CD, Sep-2011, Inside Out Music) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Down and Out in Paris and London by The Tangent (CD, Nov-2009, CMA) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JAZZ * STANLEY JORDAN * TOUCH SENSITIVE - Tangent 1001 Stereo US $2.00 [0 bids]
British Traditional Jazz - At a Tangent - Vol 1 - NEW - CD - Free P US $18.84 Buy It Now 2 days
BRITISH TRADITIONAL JAZZ -AT A TANGENT 2 / VARIOUS NEW CD US $40.22 Buy It Now 2 days
BRITISH TRADITIONAL JAZZ AT A TANGENT 1 / VARIOUS NEW CD US $40.22 Buy It Now 2 days
THE TANGENT - NOT AS GOOD AS THE BOOK [2 CD/BOOK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $28.26 Buy It Now 2 days
Al Fresco - Love In Your Eyes - Tangent - 2001 #424711 US $5.12 Buy It Now 2 days
'73 GHANAAN TANGENT LP OBOADE KPANLOGO PARTY drum breaks mustapha tettey addy ? US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
TanGenT(CD)British Metal-6441871459981-none-New US $20.55 Buy It Now 3 days
ISLA ST CLAIR SINGS TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH SONGS ORIGINAL UK TANGENT TGS 112 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Fear Of A Black Tangent by Busdriver US $4.92 Buy It Now 3 days
MISSWONDA - Wonderful Tangent - Japan CD - 9Tracks US $27.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Tangent - Beyond A Shadow Of A Doubt/Chasing Shadows Live [CD New] US $15.76 Buy It Now 3 days
Various Artists - At a Tangent, Vol. 4 (Territory Bands, 2014) US $20.94 Buy It Now 4 days
Fear Of A Black Tangent US $19.64 Buy It Now 4 days
Johan Huys: Works on Tangent Piano / C.Ph.E. Bach/Haydn/Mozart: Works on Tange.. US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MOOD DELUXE - TANGENT UNIVERSE (UK) NEW CD US $26.35 Buy It Now 4 days
Kubiks - Soul Reflection - Tangent - 2002 #94630 US $5.12 Buy It Now 4 days
TANGENT - BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT / CHASING SHADOWS LIVE NEW CD US $25.58 Buy It Now 4 days
LUC DEVOS / CATHERINE MERTENS mozart k.v. 448 LP NEAR MINT 1990 Tangent Piano US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MONOLAKE Tangent 12" 12 Inch NEW ML 002 2007 basic channel maurizio US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
TANGENT - MUSIC THAT DIED ALONE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $37.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Out Of The Limelight - At Tangent volume 3 US $20.65 Buy It Now 5 days
BUSDRIVER - FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT [BUSDRIVER] - NEW CD US $10.70 Buy It Now 6 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (the Rite Of Work) NEW CD US $17.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Tangent - Beyond A Shadow/chasing Shadow NEW CD US $18.87 Buy It Now 6 days
pic JET HARRIS & TANGENT TWELVE GREAT GUITAR GEMS TOGETHER THE LIVE SESSIONS cd US $20.79 Buy It Now 6 days
Mars - Road Runner - Tangent - 2002 #349603 US $5.12 Buy It Now 6 days
Tangent Beats - Mixed Up EP - Tangent Beats #58279 US $5.12 Buy It Now 6 days
The Tangent Not As Good As The Book 2008 2 CD RARE RUSSIAN EDITION SOYUZ US $29.94 Buy It Now 6 days
TANGENT 2002: DISCO NOUVEAU 1 / VARIOUS NEW VINYL US $14.78 Buy It Now 6 days
The Tangent The World That We Drive Through 2004 RARE RUSSIAN EDITION SOYUZ US $29.94 Buy It Now 6 days
The World that we drive through - ltd ed, The Tangent, Very Good Special Edition US $12.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Tangent - Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt/Chasing Shadows Live (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED US $11.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Tangent - The Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic (Very Best of) (2011) 2CD NEW US $11.50 Buy It Now 6 days
MUSIC IN THE WORLD OF ISLAM 1 The Human Voice LP Tangent Ocora Folkways Nonesuch US $49.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail [CD New] US $12.14 Buy It Now 7 days
BUSDRIVER - FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT CD ALBUM US $6.57 Buy It Now 7 days
British Traditional Jazz At A Tangent Vol. 5 US $20.67 Buy It Now 7 days
THE TANGENT ~GOING OFF ON ONE'~PROMO DVD With PRESS RELEASE BIO 2007~PROG/JAZZ US $34.26 Buy It Now 7 days
Valley Tangent [LP] by Blues Control (Vinyl, Jun-2012, Drag City) new US $19.85 Buy It Now 7 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) (NEW LTD CD) US $20.98 Buy It Now 8 days
DALLAS CORD Country Boy,Losing Again tangent label TT 105 45 US $12.79 Buy It Now 8 days
@ CD The Tangent - The World That We Drive Through PROG SPEC.EDITION 2004 BONUS US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent - Beyond A Shadow/Chasing Shadow (NEW CD) US $22.69 Buy It Now 8 days
Out Of The Limelight - British Traditional Jazz At Tangent - Various Ar (NEW CD) US $20.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Various Artists : Tangent 2002: Disco Nouveau CD (2002) US $4.16 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent - Studio Sessions / Shadow Magic [Remastered] new and sealed 2CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 9 days
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities / Live Over England [Remastered] new and sealed CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 9 days
TANGENT, Phil/PENNYGILES - Stories Untold - 12" US $17.74 Buy It Now 9 days
@ CD Tangent Plane - Project Elimi SS 7 HARD RECORDS 2011 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE TANGENT -"Not As Good..." 2-CD 2008 1st PROMO ONLY GERMAN (Inside Out Music) US $24.88 Buy It Now 10 days
ISLA ST CLAIR sings traditional scottish songs LP 12 track (tgs112) uk tangent 1 US $47.63 Buy It Now 10 days
ARENA Immortal CD Neo-Progressive Rock NEW IQ / Tangent / Pendragon Clive Nolan US $8.99 Buy It Now 11 days
"Music from Tonga:The Friendly Islands" Various / Tangent Records 1976/ #TGM 122 US $19.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) [CD New] US $18.96 Buy It Now 11 days
EX MACHINA TANGENT - NEW CD US $16.01 Buy It Now 12 days
'Ethiopa: Vol 1 Music of Central HIghlands' Tangent Mono TGM 101 NM+ Shrink UK US $35.00 Buy It Now 12 days
'Ethiopa: Vol 3 Music of Eritrea' Tangent Mono TGM 103 NM+ Shrink UK US $35.00 Buy It Now 12 days
OBOADE kpanlogo party LP 2 track/sides stereo (tgs115) uk tangent 1973 US $17.62 Buy It Now 12 days
Tangent - Music That Died Alone [CD New] US $23.20 Buy It Now 12 days
Busdriver - Fear of a black tangent - CD [NEW] US $7.28 Buy It Now 12 days
TERRITORY BANDS -AT A TANGENT 4 / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $41.77 Buy It Now 12 days
TANGENT - LE SACRE DU TRAVAIL NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 12 days
Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt/Chasing Shadows Live + Bonus Tracks by Tangent... US $23.07 Buy It Now 12 days
The Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic by Tangent (CD, Oct-2011, 2 Discs, Beat... US $23.07 Buy It Now 12 days
Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England by Tangent (Oct-2011, Beat Goes On) US $23.27 Buy It Now 12 days
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.50 Buy It Now 13 days
TANGENT - LE SACRE DU TRAVAIL NEW CD US $27.89 Buy It Now 13 days
(DE527) Busdriver, Fear Of A Black Tangent - DJ CD US $10.45 Buy It Now 13 days
Tangent - World That We Drive Through (2004) - Used - Compact Disc US $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
EDDIE MENDENHALL - COSINE MEETS TANGENT NEW CD US $22.50 Buy It Now 13 days
Tangent - Place In The Queue (Dlx) (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $9.54 Buy It Now 13 days
TANGENT - COMM NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 14 days
TANGENT - NOT AS GOOD AS THE BOOK (W/BOOK) (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $43.71 Buy It Now 14 days
Tangent Plane 4 Tracks EP CD Germany OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $29.99 Buy It Now 14 days
TANGENT - STUDIO SESSIONS / SHADOW MAGIC - STUDIO SESSIONS / SHADOW NEW CD US $25.58 Buy It Now 14 days
The Tangent : The Music That Died Alone CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 14 days
TANGENT The Studio Sessions / Shadow Magic. BGO CD Jet Harris, Alan Jones US $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
TANGENT Tributes And Rarities / Live Over England. BGO CD Jet Harris, Alan Jones US $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PHIL TANGENT/PENNYGILES We Don't Talk Anymore 12" NEW VINYL IM:Ltd Es.tereo US $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
THE TANGENT - THE II: THE WORLD THAT WE DRIVE THROUGH [LIMITED] - NEW CD US $17.56 Buy It Now 14 days
THE TANGENT - THE II: THE WORLD THAT WE DRIVE THROUGH - NEW CD US $22.81 Buy It Now 14 days
VARIOUS - Tangent 2002: Disco Nouveau 3- ELECTRO 12" Ghostly International ADULT US $11.99 Buy It Now 15 days
BUSDRIVER CD LOT - ROAD KILL OVERCOAT & FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT - MUSH EPITAPH US $10.44 Buy It Now 15 days
AT A TANGENT VOL.2 - VARIOUS - LACD317 US $22.16 Buy It Now 16 days
VARIOUS - AT A TANGENT VOL. 5 - LACD328 US $27.64 Buy It Now 16 days

More places to buy THE TANGENT music online Buy THE TANGENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE TANGENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars ratings distribution

THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars reviews

Review by TheProgtologist
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The Tangent,that great melding of the minds between Parallel or 90 Degrees and The Flower Kings,have released this fine live album that nicely balances out songs from their two studio releases The Music that Died Alone and The World that We Drive Through.This performance was recorded at Aschaffenburg Colas-Saal on March 11,2004,and if you were not fortunate to see them live,this is your only chance to hear them with The Flower Kings Roine Stolt and Zoltan Csorsz,who have since been replaced by Karmakanic's Krister Jonzon and ex-Flower Kings drummer Jaime Salazar.The songs are executed very well live and sound just as good as the studio versions,with plenty of impromptu riffs and spontaneous solos.The highlight of this album for me was The Tangent's encore cover version of ELP's "Lucky Man",probably one of the best renditions of this song I have ever heard.If you like The Tangent and want to hear what a great live band they are,buy this album.4 stars.

Send comments to TheProgtologist (BETA) | Report this review (#40756) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 28, 2005

Review by Gatot
4 stars As written at this site, The TANGENT is by concept a musical project that involves seven of the most dedicated progressive musicians today. The band consists of Roine STOLT, Jonas REINGOLD & Zoltan CZSORZ (all from The FLOWER KINGS), Sam BAINE & Andy TILLISON (from PARALLEL Or 90 DEGREES), Guy MANNING (MANNING), and ex VDGG sax/flute player David JACKSON. A line-up that historically spans the whole progressive music era.. This live album was recorded live at Colos Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany 03/11/04. This time David Jackson and Guy Manning did not present but it did not mean the line-up had become weak. This live set proves that the band is one or great prog band Planet Earth has ever had. AT least, I love The Tangent very much!

Prior to this live set the band had released two albums namely "The Music That Died Alone" and "The World That We Drive Through" of which these two albums I have written long review that you might want to read at this site. It's not important to read my review, actually, because what's more important is: GET THAT CDs of two albums! Even it's better you listen to the studio albums first an then move to this live set so you understand the difference.

What a great thing about this live set because in concert, The Tangent's music turned out to be a whole new and much superior level with great live vibes and very entertaining. I always smile whenever I heard this album which I have been listening to it more than 10 spins (hey! I have ripped the music into my PDA which I carries wherever I go. So, I keep listening to this album even though I'm traveling out of town like now). It's probably Andy Tillison who really make this concert entertaining. He serves as the band's communicator with his bad German (clearly stated at the CD sleeve. It's not my words because I can't understand German so I cannot comment!). This is how the liner notes says: Andy Tillison: organ, synthesizer, piano, vocals, and equally bad German. Hua ha ha ha. what a great laughs I got when I read this the first time. Indeed, he is a very funny and personable guy. He makes everything lively.

"The World That We Drive Through" kicks off wonderfully with clear vocal and piano, everything is performed very closely with the one you hear at studio version. But, there is major difference beween the two versions: this one is much more dynamic and "live" as it contains fresh music with spontaneous solos, jazz improvisation, and other good riffs.

My favorite "The Canterbury Sequence" sounds somewhat different in terms of instruments used, which probably something to do with equipment's brand. But, composition-wise it's pretty close with what I hear at the studio version. Rather than build up with the other parts of the epic, they cut to the chase and go straight for the jugular with this sequence. You might wan to read my review of first album on details of this powerful epic.

Roine Stolt's guitar work sounds heavier than studio version on "The Winning Game". The influence of The Flower Kings music is so obvious in this track. "The Music That Died Alone" is also excellent one and it's performed much better than the studio version especially the piano, in particular, is performed like a new thing in here.

"In Darkest Dreams" which started all of The Tangent album is now performed at the end of the concert. By this time the band's music has become matured and this track is very interesting to enjoy to conclude the concert. What to me sounds like an anti-climax is the inclusion of ELP's "Lucky Man" which I think was a bad decision for the band to perform this tribute. Not that they perform poorly but this song by ELP has become so boring on my ears (In fact, I never put this legendary song as my favorite because it has repeated chords that made me "bored"). Oh yes, it's a legendary track and so what? It's an anti-climax and I never get it played at my CD Player only once at first spin. Lucky Man is a very boring song that ELP should have not ever made it . Excluding "Lucky Man" featured in this CD, I consider that this CD is a masterpiece of progressive rock live album. Highly recommended (please skip the "Lucky Man"!). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#75993) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 23, 2006

4 stars Hitting the right keys to my heart. I have not failed to notice that a lot of people says or very strongly hints that the music of The Tangent has hit their heart and mind. Is therefore The Tangent a commercial prog rock band ? Well, they hit the right notes and their music is very stylish. So ... (read more)

Report this review (#188593) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, November 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE TANGENT "Pyramids And Stars"