PYRAMIDS AND STARS

The Tangent

The Tangent Pyramids And Stars album cover

Buy THE TANGENT Music
Live, released in 2005

1. The World That We Drive Through (14:46)
2. The Canterbury Sequence (9:15)
3. The Winning Game (12:15)
4. Band Introductions (1:29)
5. The Music That Died Alone (13:10)
6. In Darkest Dreams (20:39)
7. Lucky Man (5:40)

- Sam Baine / piano, synthesizers
- Jonas Reingold / bass
- Zoltan Csorsz / drums & percussion

CD Progjam 001 (2005)
Released via ProgJam-Store, available online on homepage or at Tangent concerts

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

THE TANGENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars Music

Special Edition
Inside Out U.S. 2004
Place in the QueuePlace in the Queue
Inside Out U.S. 2006
Out Of The Limelight - British Traditional Jazz At Tangent - Various Ar (NEW CD) US $19.85 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Mars - Road Runner - Tangent - 2002 #349603 US $4.85 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Tangent Beats - Mixed Up EP - Tangent Beats #58279 US $4.85 Buy It Now 7h 17m
THE TANGENT - DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON - PROMO-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
THE TANGENT - COMM - 2011 INSIDE OUT MUSIC-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Delio: Though, on; As though; Dashow: Songs from a Spiral Tree; First Tangent... US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 59m
TANGENT - MUSIC THAT DIED ALONE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $35.65 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Tangent - Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic [Remastered] (2011) US $11.35 Buy It Now 15h 21m
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England [Remastered] (2011) US $11.35 Buy It Now 15h 21m
TANGENT 2002: DISCO NOUVEAU 1 / VARIOUS NEW VINYL US $14.19 Buy It Now 18h 17m
Tangent - Studio Sessions / Shadow Magic [Remastered] new and sealed 2CD US $12.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities / Live Over England [Remastered] new and sealed CD US $12.96 Buy It Now 1 day
TANGENT, Phil/PENNYGILES - Stories Untold - 12" US $16.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Tangent - Music That Died Alone [CD New] US $26.77 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Tangent Plane - Project Elimi SS 7 HARD RECORDS 2011 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TANGENT-GOING OFF ON ONE-JAPAN 2CDs Ii45 US $58.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England [Remastered] (2011) US $8.11 [0 bids]
Le Sacre Du Travail, Tangent, New US $15.05 Buy It Now 1 day
THE TANGENT -"Not As Good..." 2-CD 2008 1st PROMO ONLY GERMAN (Inside Out Music) US $23.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Tangent - Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic [Remastered] (2011) US $8.11 [0 bids]
TEN PENCE CD - Tangent - Live over England (Live Recording, 1998) The SHadows US $3.23 Buy It Now 2 days
ISLA ST CLAIR sings traditional scottish songs LP 12 track (tgs112) uk tangent 1 US $40.67 Buy It Now 2 days
ARENA Immortal CD Neo-Progressive Rock NEW IQ / Tangent / Pendragon Clive Nolan US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
A Place in the Queue by The Tangent (CD, Jan-2006, Inside Out) US $13.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Tangent - Place In The Queue [CD New] US $15.55 Buy It Now 2 days
"Music from Tonga:The Friendly Islands" Various / Tangent Records 1976/ #TGM 122 US $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
TANGENT - PLACE IN THE QUEUE NEW CD US $22.33 Buy It Now 2 days
The Tangent - The World That We Drive Through PROG SPEC.EDITION 2004 BONUS US $7.00 [0 bids]
Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) [CD New] US $16.58 Buy It Now 3 days
EX MACHINA TANGENT - NEW CD US $15.89 Buy It Now 3 days
'Ethiopa: Vol 1 Music of Central HIghlands' Tangent Mono TGM 101 NM+ Shrink UK US $35.00 Buy It Now 3 days
'Ethiopa: Vol 3 Music of Eritrea' Tangent Mono TGM 103 NM+ Shrink UK US $35.00 Buy It Now 3 days
OBOADE kpanlogo party LP 2 track/sides stereo (tgs115) uk tangent 1973 US $15.03 Buy It Now 3 days
TERRITORY BANDS -AT A TANGENT 4 / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $40.09 Buy It Now 3 days
1971 - Persian Love Songs & Mystic Chants - Shusha - LP - Tangent - TNGS 108 US $4.99 [0 bids]
[LP] Mustapha Tettey Addy,Master Drummer From Ghana (Tangent) UK US $17.27 Buy It Now 4 days
TANGENT - LE SACRE DU TRAVAIL NEW CD US $21.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Tangent - Tributes & Rarities/Live Over England (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.88 Buy It Now 4 days
TANGENT - LE SACRE DU TRAVAIL NEW CD US $26.78 Buy It Now 4 days
(DE527) Busdriver, Fear Of A Black Tangent - DJ CD US $9.89 Buy It Now 4 days
PRIVATE 1970s WI Hard Rock 45 - SHEPPERD "Are We Alone" TANGENT RECORDS US $0.99 [0 bids]
EDDIE MENDENHALL - COSINE MEETS TANGENT NEW CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 5 days
TANGENT - COMM NEW CD US $21.23 Buy It Now 5 days
TANGENT - NOT AS GOOD AS THE BOOK (W/BOOK) (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $41.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Trish Clowes : Tangent CD (2010) US $8.08 Buy It Now 5 days
USTAD MAHMUD MIRZA - RAG DARBARI / TANGENT TGS 123 US $14.99 [0 bids]
PHIL TANGENT/PENNYGILES We Don't Talk Anymore 12" NEW VINYL IM:Ltd Es.tereo US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE TANGENT - THE II: THE WORLD THAT WE DRIVE THROUGH [LIMITED] - NEW CD US $16.65 Buy It Now 6 days
THE TANGENT - THE II: THE WORLD THAT WE DRIVE THROUGH - NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 6 days
EX/EX !! Shusha/Persian Love Songs & Mystic Chants/1971 Tangent LP US $35.68 Buy It Now 6 days
VARIOUS - Tangent 2002: Disco Nouveau 3- ELECTRO 12" Ghostly International ADULT US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tangent - Music That Died Alone Hol CD US $30.48 Buy It Now 7 days
Tangent - Place In The Queue CD US $19.33 Buy It Now 7 days
AT A TANGENT VOL.2 - VARIOUS - LACD317 US $20.97 Buy It Now 7 days
VARIOUS - AT A TANGENT VOL. 5 - LACD328 US $20.92 Buy It Now 7 days
AT A TANGENT, VOL. 4: TERRITORY BANDS - NEW CD US $15.38 Buy It Now 7 days
THE TANGENT**COMM (SPECIAL EDITION/BONUS TRACKS)**CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 7 days
The Tangent 'Not As Good As The Book' CD Promo US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE TANGENT - COMM - NEW CD US $12.91 Buy It Now 7 days
Disco Nouveau Tangent 2002 12" vinyl US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Tangent - Studio Sessions/Shadow Magic CD US $21.06 Buy It Now 8 days
CLOWES TRISH - TANGENT - SRCD332 US $19.51 Buy It Now 8 days
TANGENT - 1mk2 - CD US $18.16 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent Plane 4 Tracks EP CD Germany OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED W US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent Live Over England CD *SEALED* Shadows Tribute Jet Harris Alan Jones US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
TANGENT - Le Sacre Du Travail US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent - Comm [CD New] US $15.89 Buy It Now 8 days
TANGENT Tributes And Rarities / Live Over England. BGO CD Jet Harris, Alan Jones US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
TANGENT - BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT/CHASING SHADOWS LIVE + - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.05 Buy It Now 8 days
Tangent - Not As Good As The Book [CD New] US $25.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Going Off On One by The Tangent (CD, Jun-2007, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Various Artists, Tangent 2002: Disco Nouveau Audio CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (the Rite Of Work) NEW CD US $16.14 Buy It Now 9 days
Tangent - Beyond A Shadow Of A Doubt/Chasing Shadows Live CD US $21.06 Buy It Now 9 days
Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) CD US $22.86 Buy It Now 9 days
Tangent Plane - Project Elimi CD US $16.68 Buy It Now 9 days
Tangent - Comm CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail CD US $17.62 Buy It Now 9 days
VARIOUS - Tangent 2002: Disco Nouveau - ELECTRO 12" US $11.99 Buy It Now 9 days
BUSDRIVER - FEAR OF A BLACK TANGENT CD ENGLAND Mint #29 US $5.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Scottish Tradition 2 Music From Western Isles LP Tangent TNGM 110 (1975) UK NM US $21.24 Buy It Now 9 days
Tangent Live Over England CD *SEALED* Shadows Tribute Jet Harris US $5.99 Buy It Now 9 days
TNGM 109: BOTHY BALLADS: MUSIC FROM THE N. E.: 1971 TANGENT LP: VG+ / NM US $27.55 Buy It Now 10 days
X MARKS THE SPOT VOL.2 CD Tangent Beats NEW Sealed US $19.49 Buy It Now 10 days
Stanley Jordan, Touch Sensitive, Tangent 1001, RARE private label debut LP, 1982 US $34.99 Buy It Now 10 days
TANGENT-NOT AS GOOD AS THE BOOK CD NEW US $20.88 Buy It Now 10 days
Busdriver - Fear Of A Black Tangent NEW CD US $16.72 Buy It Now 10 days
The D.J.'s EARLY R&R 45 (Tangent 107) Stuck on You (Elvis cover) VG++ US $6.95 Buy It Now 10 days
TANGENT World That We Drive Through CD Progressive Rock 2004 NEW Flower Kings US $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ORBITAL FROG: COMPILED BY ED TANGENT / VARIOUS NEW CD US $28.26 Buy It Now 10 days
Mood Deluxe - Tangent Universe UK CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Busdriver - Fear Of A Black Tangent CD US $22.86 Buy It Now 10 days
Spontaneous Music Ensemble THE SOURCE Trevor Watts Original 1970 Tangent 107lp US $95.00 Buy It Now 10 days
GUY MANNING A Matter Of Life-Death CD 2004 PROG Tangent SEALED US $13.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Busdriver - Fear of a black tangent - CD [NEW] US $6.89 Buy It Now 11 days
THE TANGENT - LE SACRE DU TRAVAIL (THE RITE OF WORK) [885417065527] - NEW CD US $10.31 Buy It Now 11 days
TANGENT - ATLANTICA 7" VINYL US $12.15 Buy It Now 11 days
The Tangent - Le Sacre Du Travail (The Rite Of Work) - 506558 US $19.23 Buy It Now 11 days
Tangent - Not As Good As The Book [CD New] US $17.60 Buy It Now 11 days
TANGENT - NOT AS GOOD AS THE BOOK NEW CD US $26.41 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE TANGENT music online Buy THE TANGENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE TANGENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars ratings distribution

THE TANGENT Pyramids And Stars reviews

Review by TheProgtologist
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The Tangent,that great melding of the minds between Parallel or 90 Degrees and The Flower Kings,have released this fine live album that nicely balances out songs from their two studio releases The Music that Died Alone and The World that We Drive Through.This performance was recorded at Aschaffenburg Colas-Saal on March 11,2004,and if you were not fortunate to see them live,this is your only chance to hear them with The Flower Kings Roine Stolt and Zoltan Csorsz,who have since been replaced by Karmakanic's Krister Jonzon and ex-Flower Kings drummer Jaime Salazar.The songs are executed very well live and sound just as good as the studio versions,with plenty of impromptu riffs and spontaneous solos.The highlight of this album for me was The Tangent's encore cover version of ELP's "Lucky Man",probably one of the best renditions of this song I have ever heard.If you like The Tangent and want to hear what a great live band they are,buy this album.4 stars.

Send comments to TheProgtologist (BETA) | Report this review (#40756) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 28, 2005

Review by Gatot
4 stars As written at this site, The TANGENT is by concept a musical project that involves seven of the most dedicated progressive musicians today. The band consists of Roine STOLT, Jonas REINGOLD & Zoltan CZSORZ (all from The FLOWER KINGS), Sam BAINE & Andy TILLISON (from PARALLEL Or 90 DEGREES), Guy MANNING (MANNING), and ex VDGG sax/flute player David JACKSON. A line-up that historically spans the whole progressive music era.. This live album was recorded live at Colos Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany 03/11/04. This time David Jackson and Guy Manning did not present but it did not mean the line-up had become weak. This live set proves that the band is one or great prog band Planet Earth has ever had. AT least, I love The Tangent very much!

Prior to this live set the band had released two albums namely "The Music That Died Alone" and "The World That We Drive Through" of which these two albums I have written long review that you might want to read at this site. It's not important to read my review, actually, because what's more important is: GET THAT CDs of two albums! Even it's better you listen to the studio albums first an then move to this live set so you understand the difference.

What a great thing about this live set because in concert, The Tangent's music turned out to be a whole new and much superior level with great live vibes and very entertaining. I always smile whenever I heard this album which I have been listening to it more than 10 spins (hey! I have ripped the music into my PDA which I carries wherever I go. So, I keep listening to this album even though I'm traveling out of town like now). It's probably Andy Tillison who really make this concert entertaining. He serves as the band's communicator with his bad German (clearly stated at the CD sleeve. It's not my words because I can't understand German so I cannot comment!). This is how the liner notes says: Andy Tillison: organ, synthesizer, piano, vocals, and equally bad German. Hua ha ha ha. what a great laughs I got when I read this the first time. Indeed, he is a very funny and personable guy. He makes everything lively.

"The World That We Drive Through" kicks off wonderfully with clear vocal and piano, everything is performed very closely with the one you hear at studio version. But, there is major difference beween the two versions: this one is much more dynamic and "live" as it contains fresh music with spontaneous solos, jazz improvisation, and other good riffs.

My favorite "The Canterbury Sequence" sounds somewhat different in terms of instruments used, which probably something to do with equipment's brand. But, composition-wise it's pretty close with what I hear at the studio version. Rather than build up with the other parts of the epic, they cut to the chase and go straight for the jugular with this sequence. You might wan to read my review of first album on details of this powerful epic.

Roine Stolt's guitar work sounds heavier than studio version on "The Winning Game". The influence of The Flower Kings music is so obvious in this track. "The Music That Died Alone" is also excellent one and it's performed much better than the studio version especially the piano, in particular, is performed like a new thing in here.

"In Darkest Dreams" which started all of The Tangent album is now performed at the end of the concert. By this time the band's music has become matured and this track is very interesting to enjoy to conclude the concert. What to me sounds like an anti-climax is the inclusion of ELP's "Lucky Man" which I think was a bad decision for the band to perform this tribute. Not that they perform poorly but this song by ELP has become so boring on my ears (In fact, I never put this legendary song as my favorite because it has repeated chords that made me "bored"). Oh yes, it's a legendary track and so what? It's an anti-climax and I never get it played at my CD Player only once at first spin. Lucky Man is a very boring song that ELP should have not ever made it . Excluding "Lucky Man" featured in this CD, I consider that this CD is a masterpiece of progressive rock live album. Highly recommended (please skip the "Lucky Man"!). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#75993) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 23, 2006

4 stars Hitting the right keys to my heart. I have not failed to notice that a lot of people says or very strongly hints that the music of The Tangent has hit their heart and mind. Is therefore The Tangent a commercial prog rock band ? Well, they hit the right notes and their music is very stylish. So ... (read more)

Report this review (#188593) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, November 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE TANGENT "Pyramids And Stars"