THREE SIDES LIVE (VHS)

4. Dodo
5. Abacab
6. No Reply at All
7. Who Dunnit?
8. In the Cage (Medley - Cinema Show - Slippermen)
9. Afterglow

- Tony Banks / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums

VHS Atlantic Video TVF 1422 (1982)
VHS Image 80002

LD Wienerworld / BMG 80002-6 (1991)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Three Sides Live (VHS) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
TrespassTrespass
Fontana Mca 1993
FoxtrotFoxtrot
Wea Int'l 1990
1980's Original Vintage Sealed Genesis Self titled Album Cassette US $14.99 [0 bids]
50m 18s
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) BRAND NEW SEALED US $1.49 [0 bids]
The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye NEW PAL Arthouse DVD Marie Losier Germany US $44.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Collection DVD Set US $100.00 [11 bids]
VHS TAPE - GENESIS - INVISIBLE TOUCH TOUR (1988) - CONCERT VIDEO - PHIL COLLINS US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Genesis: Behind the Music and in Their Own Words - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) US $20.75 Buy It Now 1h 55m
GENESIS (IMAX) by n/a US $4.01 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 5-6 (VHS, 1997, Subtitled) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Only One Race, DVD, Ken Ham, 50 Mins, Answers in Genesis US $3.99 [0 bids]
Why Won't They Listen?, DVD, Ken Ham, 50 Mins, Answers in Genesis US $3.99 [0 bids]
Genesis: The Key To Reclaiming The Culture, DVD, Ken Ham, 50 Mins US $3.99 [0 bids]
Genetics/Evolution/Creation/The Most Asked Question Dr. Purdom Answer In Genesis US $6.00 [3 bids]
REC 1, 2 and 3 Blu Ray Trilogy Set Collection Lot Genesis blurays blue rays US $16.00 [13 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: The Complete Collection (DVD, 2005,... US $110.00 Buy It Now 5h 25m
STEVE HACKETT of GENESIS New Ltd 2014 LIVE AT ROYAL ALBERT HALL DVD US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 7m
ANIME DVD Night Head Genesis VOL.1-24END by Yoshio Takeuchi+BONUS DVD US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
ANIME DVD Neon Genesis Evangelion MOVIE~3.0 YOU CAN(NOT)REDO(QUICKENING)+BONUS D US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 41m
ANIME DVD Neon Genesis Evangelion VOL.1-26END+2 MOVIE Gospel of a New Century+BO US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
ANIME DVD Neon Genesis Evangelion MOVIE~3.0 YOU CAN(NOT)REDO Q+BONUS DVD US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Genesis 7: The Complete Series (DVD, 2013, 12-Disc Set) US $46.54 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Vintage 16mm Movie Film in Plastic Box - Genesis #14 The Dreamer US $22.00 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Vintage 16mm Movie Film in Plastic Box - Genesis #15 Vizier of Egy US $23.00 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Vintage 16mm Movie Film in Plastic Box - Genesis #17 Reconciliatio US $23.00 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Project: Genesis (VHS, 1994) David Ferry US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Charlton Heston Presents The Bible - Genesis / New DVD US $13.98 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Answers in Genesis' D is for Dinosaur DVD US $0.99 [1 bids]
Answers in Genesis' A is for Adam DVD US $1.29 [3 bids]
Ultimate Athlete Fighting - The Genesis New Dvd US $8.53 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Doctor Who: Ep. 78 Genesis of the Daleks (DVD, 2006, 2-Disc Set) US $27.84 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Children Of The Corn Genesis (Bilingual) (Cana New DVD US $16.48 Buy It Now 9h 23m
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) ***SEALED*** US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
Intricacies of Flight - Dr. Andy McIntosh, Answers in Genesis (DVD) Mint US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $8.00 Buy It Now 12h 10m
GENESIS LIVE THE WAY WE WALK VIDEO VHS PAL US $27.97 Buy It Now 12h 38m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 1: Episodes 1-4 (DVD, 2000) US $6.00 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $4.99 [0 bids]
CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE: GENESIS/THE PASSION - NEW DVD BOXSET US $5.77 Buy It Now 13h 42m
DOCTOR WHO: EP. 78 GENESIS OF THE DALEKS - NEW DVD BOXSET US $23.93 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $6.00 Buy It Now 14h 24m
Charlton Heston Presents The Bible: Genesis US $3.05 Buy It Now 14h 28m
Genesis - The Way We Walk in Concert (VHS, 1993) Phil Collins US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 57m
VHS: GENESIS....A HISTORY OF GENESIS US $5.77 Buy It Now 15h 59m
Bibleman-Genesis-Legacy V03: US $9.60 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 21-22 (VHS, 1998, Dubbed) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Genesis: Turning It On Again (DVD, 2008, 3-Disc Set) US $12.00 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 3: Episodes 9-11 (DVD, 2001) Anime OOP US $4.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 5: Episodes 15-17 (DVD, 2001) Anime OOP US $4.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 4: Episodes 12-14 (DVD, 2001) Anime OOP US $3.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - The Video Show (DVD, 2005) US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 14m
VHS - Have Gun Will Travel - 4 Paladin Episodes " Genesis" origin Ep " Like New US $0.75 [0 bids]
Marillion: Beautiful UK Cd Single. Parts 1 & 2 Fish Marbles Rare Genesis US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 38m
TNA Wrestling: Genesis 2011 (DVD, 2011) US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 43m
Children of the Corn Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
............................-Nighthead Genesis, Volume 1 DVD NEW US $15.75 Buy It Now 19h 41m
............................-Nighthead Genesis Vol 3 DVD NEW US $15.75 Buy It Now 19h 42m
Salomon / Jesus / Jeremias / Genesis / Ester / Sanson DVD NEW 8 Pk LA BIBLIA US $39.99 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible Genesis DVD (1997) NEW OD-05-50178/OD-063 US $4.95 Buy It Now 21h 18m
AIG what is the best evidence dvd heart of dakota my fathers world ans genesis US $9.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - Visible Touch (VHS, 1987) US $2.95 Buy It Now 21h 22m
PHIL COLLINS SERIOUSLY LIVE VHS NEW IN CONCERT BERLIN GENESIS DARYL STUERMER US $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 44m
The Book of Genesis Trivia DVD Video - Widescreen Edition - Bible Trivia US $9.16 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Genesis II DVD Movie 1973 US $21.54 Buy It Now 22h 34m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible Genesis DVD Great Christian New 2004 US $8.87 Buy It Now 23h 2m
The Bible Charlton Heston Jesus of Nazareth Passion Genesis Moses VHS Soundtrack US $9.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion The Perfect Collection Box Set and The End Of Evangelion US $90.00 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis US $9.16 Buy It Now 23h 36m
[REC]¬_: Genesis / [REC]¬_: genese (Bilingual) US $10.07 Buy It Now 23h 36m
Genesis - A Living Conversation (VHS, 5-Tape Set) Bill Moyers - Host US $7.25 [0 bids]
GENESIS OF SHAPIRO LIBRARY documentary Ann Arbor Michigan 1995 dedication VHS US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS TO JESUS WITH SCOTT HAHN & ROB CORZINE EWTN DVD US $44.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Children of the Corn Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Genesis DVD Set of 4 Episode 4, 5, 6, and 11 New in Packages US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Ken Ham: A Walk Through Genesis Part 2 VHS TAPE Gary Parker US $3.86 [0 bids]
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Ken Ham Gary Parker CREATION EVANGELISM VHS tape US $4.94 [0 bids]
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Ken Ham Gary Parker GENES AND GENESIS VHS tape US $4.85 [0 bids]
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Creation Library SIX DAYS & THE EISEGESIS PROBLEM vhs Ham US $4.99 [0 bids]
Doctor Who Genesis Of The Daleks Episode 78 Story Tom Baker Sarah Jane Harry NEW US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (NEW DVD) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rec 3 Blu-Ray & DVD Combo Pack - Genesis US $9.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Debate Genesis Debate DVD US $8.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum 06: Anime DVD: Slipcase in poor condition: ADV US $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
IMAX - Genesis: Four Billion Years in the Making (DVD, 1999) US $8.49 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie Collection - Death & Rebirth,The End of Evangelion US $24.90 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS INVISIBLE TOUCH TOUR VHS LIVE IN CONCERT 1988 US $32.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 01 (DVD, 2004, Collector's Box) US $13.00 [0 bids]
Robotech - Vol. 13: New Generation - Genesis (DVD, 2002) Six Episodes US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Genesis Code (DVD, 2012) US $4.33 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis Hi-Dee Live Invisible Touch Tour Japan Sealed Laserdisc LD Phill Collins US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis Through Revelation in 66 Scenes By David Jeremiah (DVD) NEW US $22.00 [0 bids]
Free Unlimited streaming Answers in Genesis Creationist HD videos with Ken Ham/B US $79.99 [0 bids]
LA HISTORIA DE JESUS, ESTER, JEREMIAS,SALOMON Y GENESIS (LA BIBLIA )ESPANOL US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VHS: Doctor Who - The Sontaran Experiment/The Genesis of the Daleks [VHS], . Goo US $6.00 [0 bids]
LA HISTORIA DE GENESIS(LA BIBLIA EN EL PRINCIPIO)NEW DVD AUDIO ESPANOL ONLY US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bibleman Genesis Collection DVD New SS 3 episodes Christian Super Hero Vol 4 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Bibleman Genesis Collection DVD New SS 3 episodes Christian Super Hero Vol 2 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Bibleman Genesis Collection Volume 3 DVD New SS Christian Super Hero 3 Episodes US $7.99 [0 bids]
Understanding Genesis: Volumes 1,2,3,6,7,8,9 - Ken Hamm (VHS) US $24.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:1 [VHS] Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hayashibara, Ko US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RC Sproul: Themes From Genesis -3 Volume VHS Set [VHS Tape] US $24.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Three Sides Live (VHS) ratings distribution

GENESIS Three Sides Live (VHS) reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars This video was filmed during the "Abacab Tour" in late 1981, but the live versions included here are different to the live versions which were released in the "Three Sides Live" double L.P. album in 1982. It was good for me to see this video, but I was disappointed. Genesis plays very good, but the "continuity" of the concert was marred by the " interruption" of some songs by the inclusion of fragments of interviews with Banks, Collins and Rutherford. So, some songs were cut in the middle. But other songs are complete, like the Medley of "In the Cage /Cinema Show / Slippermen / Afterglow". But my favourite song from the "Abacab" album, "Me & Sarah Jane" was cut in the middle. Other songs, like "Duchess", were marred by the inclusion of images of the "tour crew" doing their jobs before the concerts, like tuning keyboards, etc. Maybe the main intention to release this video was to promote the band for a new public, so they included the interviews for this purpose. I hope to see this video released in the DVD format, with "full songs", and with the interviews left out or simply put at the end of the concert images.There are some funny things in this video, like seeing Mike Rutherford playing Phil Collins`drum kit (with Chester playing his drums) on "Who Dunnit?".

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#35722) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Review by Gatot
3 stars Note: This is a personal experience. It may not relate to you .

I fully agree with what colleague collaborator Guillermo has put about this video. I also was disappointed with this video (mine is Laser Disc version) not with the performance of the band but it's more on very poor sound quality - it does not produce hi-fi sound: the treble and bass are lousy, the mid-range is not clear at all. This video came out right after my disappointment with their latest release at the time: "abacab" as follow- up to excellent Duke album. Musically, nothing wrong with abacab if we never knew before that this group was one of pioneers of prog rock altogether with KING CRIMSON, ELP, YES, PINK FLOYD,etc. If we only knew that this band is a typical pop band then it would be OK. But, if I remember how brilliant this band crafted "Supper's Ready" in Foxtrot album or the legendary "Firth of Fifth" in "Selling England by The Pound" album and dozens of other prog tunes by the band, it was disappointing.

When this video came out I was still studying engineering at ITB, Bandung, West Java and Genesis was a very BIG name there because our local band Cockpit did a great cover of even complex Genesis tunes like Supper's Ready or Can Utility and the Coastliners or Firth of Fifth. Cockpit is fabulous in doing cover for Genesis. And when they performed Firth of Fifth it had always been performed completely with the piano introduction and it was 99.99% close to original studio version. The keyboard player: Rony Harahap is really a virtuoso. He can emulate whatever Tony Banks is doing! My friends at ITB knew me really well that I was in love with Genesis because I went to campus with Genesis Tshirt that my friend Nala (where is he now?) who studied design at ITB specifically designed a Genesis T shirt for me. Even my signature using the G initial similar to Genesis "three sides lives" until now! (I only once changed my signature in my life and it did happen when I was deeply in love with Genesis and my regular day- to-day reading mandatory was Armando Gallo's "I Know What I Like" - oh .. where is it now?). Well, I have had great memories about Genesis. It seemed like Gabriel's breathing was very damn close to my ears and I kept singing any lyrics wherever I went, like "Walking across a sitting room .." Oh man .. What a great song! Or "I got sunshine in my stomach ."..

So, when this video hit Bandung, my colleague rockers had a yell like this: "I held the book so tightly in my hands ." exactly with the same energy as Phil Collins sing in Behind The Lines. This song opens the video energetically so whenever we watched it together, everybody in the room sung along with Phil Collins. Oh . what a great rocking vibe at the time - we even forgot about our engineering study! (Even we philosophically challenged ourselves at the time: why did we choose engineering as our major? Why not studying music and making such a great music like Genesis had done?). Duchess is like an integral part of Behind The Lines and we all enjoyed it singing together.

The real ecstasy that we all experienced was the performance of In The Cage. Oh man . all of us who watched the video together did a head-banging especially during interlude where Tony Banks keyboard gone crazy with rapid-fire keyboard solo continued with Cinema Show and The Colony of Slipperman. WOW!!! What I also remember vividly was the lyrical expression by Phil Collins where he sung "Keep falling on my head Keep falling on my head - keep keep falling on my head". And when Collins looks after the drum stools, all of sudden everybody in the room was becoming a drummer or keyboard player. . What a memorable event .. We rocked the world at the time! We hoped the pulse of our energy at the time spread all over the world from Bandung . Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW - Review #320

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#36636) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 16, 2005

Review by erik neuteboom
2 stars This would have been an incredible progrock experience if it had only consisted of track # 8 and 9, at these moments we can witness the magic of Genesis during the thriling blend of "The lamb .." and mid-Genesis, what a creativity, ideas and skills. Unfortunately Genesis decided to include also material from The Eighties, what a musical disaster! It's really embarrasing to analyse the huge difference between the abovementioned highlights and the later material, what a creative poverty (besides some interesting moments)!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#44757) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 29, 2005

Review by Chris S
3 stars Three Sides Live epitomised all that was good about the changing Genesis. Capitalizing on the success of the Second's Out film release ( Where Oh Where has that gone!!!), Three Sides Live was released a few years later incorporating a few more studio releases up to the Abacab album. Great interviews, music instrument setup, insight to the often unrealized road crew, even some whacky radio call in's to Phil Collins. Musically not bad at all. Genesis always were masters at replicating studio sound on stage. The strongest aspect of this video was seeing the youthful looking Daryl Stuermer and Chester Thompson as well as Genesis members still in their prime. Visually best songs were Bank's favourite ' Duchess', the highly underrated and ending to the song ' Abacab'.' Afterglow' also a great version. Weaknesses: no ATTWT material! Still a solid three and a half stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#161423) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 10, 2008

Post a review of GENESIS "Three Sides Live (VHS)"