10 STORIES DOWN

Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Prey For Me (6:39)
2. Clapham (4:28)
3. Wretched Soul (4:59)
4. The World I Always Dreamed Of (7:10)
5. Start Your Descent (3:54)
6. My Own Oblivion (3:39)
7. It's Just You And Me (4:56)
8. The Answers (5:22)
9. From Where You're Standing (4:03)
10. Light Up Your Eyes - I (7:25)
11. Light Up Your Eyes - Who (8:08)

Search PINEAPPLE THIEF 10 Stories Down lyrics

- Jon Sykes / bass guistar, backing vocals
- The Richard Hunt Violin Ensemble / violins
- Libby Bramley / backing vocals

CD CYCLOPS CYCL144 & CYCL144D
10 Stories is completely remastered, remixed, and rearranged from the (regrettably rushed release) 12 Stories Down album, including extended tracks and different lyrics in places.

Thanks to komplexnous for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

PINEAPPLE THIEF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF 10 Stories Down Music

PINEAPPLE THIEF - ALL THE WARS NEW VINYL US $34.70 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Pineapple Thief - Build A World CD US $22.76 Buy It Now 11h 24m
the pineapple thief limited edition cd US $21.24 Buy It Now 19h 32m
PINEAPPLE THIEF - SHOW A LITTLE LOVE - NEW CD US $6.71 Buy It Now 1 day
THURSDAY SIGNALS OVER THE AIR 7" Single Math Post Rock Sigur Ros Pineapple Thief US $3.40 [0 bids]
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND NEW CD US $22.04 Buy It Now 1 day
10 Stories Down by Pineapple Thief (CD, Jun-2011, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $9.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Pineapple Thief - 10 Stories Down [CD New] US $12.26 Buy It Now 2 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - TIGHTLY UNWOUND - KSCOPE101 US $15.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Little Man [Slipcase] by Pineapple Thief (CD, Jan-2010, Kscope) US $8.85 Buy It Now 3 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF Someone Here Is Missing Limited 180g Vinyl LP NEW US $37.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Pineapple Thief - Little Man [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Pineapple Thief - 3000 Days [CD New] US $14.49 Buy It Now 3 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - LITTLE MAN NEW CD US $17.81 Buy It Now 3 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - 3000 DAYS NEW CD US $24.35 Buy It Now 3 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**ALL THE WARS (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $18.27 Buy It Now 3 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**ALL THE WARS**CD US $12.97 Buy It Now 3 days
3000 Days by Pineapple Thief (CD, 2009, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $11.55 Buy It Now 4 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [Digipak] (CD 2008) US $15.27 Buy It Now 4 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**ONE THREE SEVEN (REMASTERED/REMIXED)**CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [CD New] US $16.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Pineapple Thief - All The Wars [CD New] US $13.33 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief THE DAWN RAIDS 1 & 2 Anathema Porcupine Tree Coldplay US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief - All The Wars CD US $17.90 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound (NEW CD) US $15.77 Buy It Now 5 days
Tightly Unwound [Digipak] by Pineapple Thief (CD, 2008, Kscope) Vulgar Unicorn US $11.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Pineapple Thief : What We Have Sown CD (2007) US $8.45 Buy It Now 5 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**TIGHTLY UNWOUND (GATEFOLD/REMASTERED/ORANGE VINYL)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 6 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ALL THE WARS NEW CD US $22.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Pineapple Thief - Little Man CD US $15.10 Buy It Now 7 days
Pineapple Thief - 3000 Days CD US $19.67 Buy It Now 7 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - 10 STORIES DOWN - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.28 Buy It Now 7 days
The Pineapple Thief - Introducing The Pineapple Thief (NEW 2 x CD) US $13.21 Buy It Now 7 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - ALL THE WARS - KSCOPE231 US $18.48 Buy It Now 9 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - WHAT WE HAVE SOWN - KSCOPE223 US $16.45 Buy It Now 9 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - ONE THREE SEVEN - KSCOPE246 US $16.45 Buy It Now 9 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - VARIATIONS ON A DREAM NEW CD US $19.34 Buy It Now 9 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING NEW CD US $22.04 Buy It Now 10 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ONE THREE SEVEN NEW CD US $19.34 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - Introducing [CD New] US $9.67 Buy It Now 10 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - SHOW A LITTLE LOVE - KSCOPE164S US $15.15 Buy It Now 10 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - VARIATIONS ON A DREAM - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.25 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing [CD New] US $13.35 Buy It Now 10 days
The Pineapple Thief 3000 Days 24HR - POST!! US $18.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - One Three Seven [CD New] US $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING - NEW CD US $10.37 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [CD New] US $13.77 Buy It Now 11 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - INTRODUCING... [PINEAPPLE THIEF] [CD BOXSET] - NEW CD BOXSET US $6.69 Buy It Now 12 days
Pineapple Thief The - One Three Seven NEW CD US $16.54 Buy It Now 12 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF One Three Seven Remastered CD 2013 Reissue NEW & SEALED US $16.98 Buy It Now 13 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - 10 STORIES DOWN NEW CD US $19.34 Buy It Now 13 days
All the Wars by Pineapple Thief (CD, Sep-2012, Kscope) US $10.41 Buy It Now 13 days
Tightly Unwound [Digipak] by Pineapple Thief (CD, Nov-2013, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $13.55 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief - What We Have Sown [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 14 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**TIGHTLY UNWOUND (REMASTERED)**2 CD SET US $13.50 Buy It Now 14 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - WHAT WE HAVE SOWN NEW CD US $19.34 Buy It Now 14 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - 3000 DAYS (2 CD) - V/GOOD - 24HR POST!!! US $17.90 Buy It Now 14 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: One Three Seven (Sealed KScope 246) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Tightly Unwound (Sealed KScope 101) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Show a Little Love (K-Scope 164S - Sealed) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Little Man (K-Scope) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: All the Wars (Sealed KScope 231) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: 3000 Days (K-Scope 2-disc set - Sealed) US $12.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.79 Buy It Now 15 days
Pineapple Thief-Tightly Unwound (CD 2008) NEW 24HR POST US $15.34 Buy It Now 15 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - Glasgow march 2011 tour concert/gig poster US $11.93 Buy It Now 16 days
Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing CD US $17.82 Buy It Now 16 days
Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream CD US $16.37 Buy It Now 16 days
Pineapple Thief - What We Have Sown CD US $16.28 Buy It Now 16 days
Pineapple Thief - All The Wars LP Vinyl Record US $29.65 Buy It Now 16 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound LP Vinyl Record US $36.78 Buy It Now 16 days
The Pineapple Thief - 10 Stories Down, RARE Orig. Cyclops 2CD NEW! US $54.61 Buy It Now 16 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF-All The Wars VINYL LP NEW US $24.40 Buy It Now 16 days
The Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing (NEW CD) US $20.89 Buy It Now 16 days
The Pineapple Thief - Show A Little Love (NEW CD) US $15.77 Buy It Now 16 days
The Pineapple Thief - One Three Seven (NEW CD) US $18.33 Buy It Now 16 days
Variations on a Dream by Pineapple Thief (CD, Oct-2011, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $9.27 Buy It Now 16 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ALL THE WARS - NEW CD US $10.35 Buy It Now 16 days
One Three Seven * by Pineapple Thief (CD, Aug-2013, Kscope) US $9.05 Buy It Now 16 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - 3000 DAYS - NEW CD US $11.51 Buy It Now 16 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: The Dawn Raids, Pt. 1 (Sealed) US $7.99 Buy It Now 17 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: The Dawn Raids, Pt. 2 (Sealed) US $7.99 Buy It Now 17 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Build a World (EP) (Sealed) US $7.99 Buy It Now 17 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND NEW VINYL US $44.14 Buy It Now 18 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - INTRODUCING NEW CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 18 days
Show a Little Love - Pineapple Thief New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.49 Buy It Now 18 days
Tightly Unwound - Pineapple Thief New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $37.65 Buy It Now 18 days
BRUCE SOORD & JONAS RENSKE Frozen North (Radio Edit) promo CD Pineapple Thief US $5.10 Buy It Now 18 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND NEW CD US $24.35 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief - Introducing... (2014) US $13.74 Buy It Now 19 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING**CD US $12.50 Buy It Now 19 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ONE THREE SEVEN * - NEW CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 19 days

More places to buy PINEAPPLE THIEF music online Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PINEAPPLE THIEF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PINEAPPLE THIEF 10 Stories Down ratings distribution

PINEAPPLE THIEF 10 Stories Down reviews

Review by Tristan Mulders
4 stars The Pineapple Thief - 10 Stories down

The Pineapple Thief always amused me with their fairly uplifting songs. Being a mixture of pop music and prog instrumentation, the songs might fool the average listener to think they are not listening to anything special at first, but after repeated listens one notices the various layers of sounds and melodies.

As I mentioned earlier on I always have the feeling that the music presented here is uplifting. If you take a deeper look at the lyrics and the meaning of these texts, one might judge otherwise though. I guess it is simply the overall mood that makes me feel happy when listening to this album. Even the very mellow ballads do not sound depressing for a bit, maybe a bit melancholic with a twist of hope.

The slightly longer songs are the ones that require most listens to explore their beauty, but these are most likely the better tracks on the album. Although, I must admit it depends on my mood which songs I prefer.

The World I always dreamed of is a fairly typical Pineapple Thief song. Its composition features various changes in instrumentation. The song is basically split in to two different parts. The first is a mellow song with crystal clear guitar playing and some weird keyboard fills in the background. But at about four minutes in, the mood changes into a built-up with new instrumentation. The keyboards and string section are the instruments that really shine in this section.

But the most special song on this album is the epic closing track Light up your Eyes. The fact that this song progressed from a 3.41 min long version on the rushed out "12 Stories down" release to a 15.17 min suite, spanned over two tracks, on this "10 Stories down" album. This song features basic, but effective lyrics, which work as a good support for the brooding atmosphere. The further the song progresses, the more instruments -and thus melodies- come into the picture. The song includes a few breakdown parts, especially in the transition sequence between part 1: I and part 2: Who. The second half of this 15 minutes long suite has a more acoustic approach. This is also typical for this band; they incorporate a lot of acoustic parts in their music. The suite ends with a heavy, for Pineapple Thief standards, instrumental section, which really rocks.

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#78615) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 18, 2006

Review by Peter
2 stars 10 STORIES DOWN is my second Pineapple Thief acquisition, and it's likely to be my last.

While I had liked their previous release (2003's VARIATIONS ON A DREAM - see my review), I find listening to this latest effort to be tedious in the extreme. The disc is aptly titled, because the ten tracks (or "stories") presented here (track 11 is a continuation of track 10) really bring me down. (Perhaps "ten stories" is the minimum height you might want to jump from, to ensure success in forever removing the memory of this dismal stuff from your head....)

Lyrics mean much to me, and these feel like an adolescent suicide note set to music - and it's dreary, repetitive music, at that: the proggy traces and influences that lifted VARIATIONS above the norm are woefully absent. Instead, we get what might result if you locked those cheery souls Morrissey and Robert Smith in a bare room, limited them to a diet of bread and water (the latter heavily spiked with downers), and ordered to write some songs, with no uplifting or humourous material allowed.

10 STORIES DOWN gives you unrelentingly whining, wrist-slittingly-depressing lyrics and vocals, and limp, generic music that all sounds much the same. Main "Thief" Bruce Soord moans about how he wants "something to live for" - I don't know if his lyrics are autobiographical, but a look at PT's website informs me that he's recently married. Hopefully his new bride will give him a reason to "keep breathing."

What a bleak disappointment! Collectors and fans (hopefully on Prozac) only! Why not add some musical variety and HOPE next time, Brucey?

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#85273) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 31, 2006

4 stars The pictures in the liner notes of each member of the band jumping off of a building looks really cool. This was the hardest PINEAPPLE THIEF record for me to get into. It's more mature then past albums with less guitar and energy. Their sound is becoming more their own now.

"Prey For Me" has this ten second bombastic intro before Bruce's vocals come in and I can't help but smile. His vocals are accompanied with acoustic guitar. Violin 2 minutes in.The chorus rocks out pretty good, while the verses are dreamy and beautiful. "Clapham" has some piano and strings in it. It sort of has the same style as the opener only a lot more laid back. "Wretched Soul" has processed vocals and a great beat.This is a catchy tune with some more dreamy passages. "The World I Always Dreamed Of" is a fantastic song with PORCUPINE TREE sounding synths and acoustic guitar. "Start Your Descent" is a beautiful, melancholic song with violin, and believe it or not accordion. "My Own Oblivion" is kind of funky to open with processed vocals. This is a heavier song with a good beat to it.

"It's Just You And Me" is spacey with lots of synths until we get a good guitar solo then it's back to the dreamy sound. "The Answers" is a slow paced, mellow, laid back tune. It's very relaxing with some violin. "From Where Your Standing" is more upbeat and actually is a catchy, radio friendly song with some aggressive guitar 3 minutes in. "Light Up Your Eyes" is divided into two parts consisting of over 15 minutes of music. The first part is "I Light Up Your Eyes" while the second part is "Who Light Up Your Eyes".This is the best song I have heard from the band so far.The way the first part builds to an emotional high is incredible. To the way it relaxes to almost nothing.This contrast continues throughout. Amazing violin melodies as well.The second part has a real PORCUPINE TREE feel to it. This album just continues to grow on me. Barely 4 stars though.

Edit : October 14/2011 Well I just purchased the remixed and remastered version of this album and they've added a bonus disc called "8 Days Later" which was on the original "12 Stories Down" release. I should mention that "12 Stories Down" was released in a hurry and the wrong master was used for it. It sounded bad enough (Bruce said it was crap) that the band recalled all of the sent out cds and eventually re-released it as "10 Stories Down" which was my original review here. I want to touch on the bonus disc here which I feel is better than the first one. I would say the first one is my least favourite PINEAPPLE THIEF album but certainly with this bonus disc of material it's raised my appreciation for the overall recording. Still this is a low 4 stars.

First up is "Sunday : Crash" with samples and strummed guitar then it kicks in around a minute.Vocals before 3 minutes. "Monday : Sleep" is an instrumental of gentle guitar to start as drums and bass join in. Mellotron-like sounds 2 1/2 minutes in. Love this track. "Tuesday : Haboob" is even better with the picked guitar as a beat and atmosphere join in. It kicks in hard at 5 minutes. Nice. Great tune. "Wednesday:The Snail Song" has strummed guitar early on. We get a calm before 1 1/2 minutes then vocals and guitar come in.Excellent ! "Thursday : Fifty Four" kicks in hard then settles back as these contrasts continue. "Friday : 5 Minutes" is a vocal track as the piano comes and goes. Guitar before 3 1/2 minutes. "Saturday:Reverse" is an instrumental that begins in an experimental manner. Drums before 2 minutes.There's silence before 4 1/2 minutes then it kicks back in with some raw guitar. Cool song. "Sunday : King Street" opens with piano as acoustic guitar joins in then drums after 2 1/2 minutes. A beautiful track.

I do believe they've finally got this album the way they want it (haha). And the final result will make PINEAPPLE THIEF fans very happy.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#125978) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 16, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars Compared to VOSD, 10 Stories Down is a very different group, when it comes to its line-up; with only ex Vulgar Unicorn man Bruce Soord remaining from two years previous. However musically things haven't changed much, as Soord is still the only songwriter of the group and has kept the band's propos pretty well the same. Sonically, however there are a few subtle differences: the group is now a quintet with two guitarists players and two keyboard players, each instrument having their "specialist", with Soord cumulating both instruments, but the drumming style is more mainstream as well. On the content, beit lyrical or songwriting however, 10SD is much in the line of previous album, dishing out some fairly neo- prog clichés along the Radiohead lines, mainly due to Soord's voice and its depressive objects of discussions throughout this present album.

Actually if I mentioned this "Radiohead" sound-alike similarity, I find that very remark very-much more relevant to this album, especially well shown in the depressive (even suicidal) artwork of the booklet, where the quintet is shown jumping of the roof of buildings. So this "Radiohead thing" that permeates PT's music is now becoming all too encumbering (I only know this one and VOAD) and I find it close to intolerably derivative. I was never a fan of Soord's "inspirations" (VU especially), but here it sounds almost like a will to leach from Thom Yorke emo-styled music.

Apparently coming in two more versions, the first being a 4-track EP (4 SD) and the other an extended version (12SD), the former having the merit of being short, the latter (most likely even more expensive), probably pushing you of the building's rooftop for being even more depressively long.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#183276) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I guess that the many different releases of this work can upset more than one fan. And I am one of these. The band could have released one excellent album out of all these attempts to market (cash in?) their work.

The long opener ''Prey For Me'' is an excellent song: fully in the tradition of ''PTh'': fine and melancholic vocals, repetitive guitar, excellent rhythm. Somewhat derivative of ''Echo & The Bunnymen'' (but I quite like those ones who are maybe ready for an inclusion). An excellent start should I say.

Another highlight IMHHO is the great and rocking ''Wretched Soul'':

The melancholic and ''Radiohead'' sound is of course inevitable. But ''The World I Always Dreamed Of'' is much more than a pastiche. It is a truly strong number which conveys such a nice feeling?A great mix of rock and acoustic music: this is one highlight of the album. As far as I am concerned.

Of course, the mellow vocals might be embarrassing after several songs. But this is PTh. Along with their catchy rock they can also be moving. Don't get me wrong though: this album is not a jewel. Some of the tracks performed are just not on par and sound as fillers (''Start Your Descent'').

Their infectious pop-rock music can be fully appreciated during ''My Own Oblivion''. Catchy vocals, heavy and powerful background music. A strong number indeed. More like this one would have been needed to make this album a real good one. But on the contrary, one has to swallow some weak numbers towards the ends (I'm not talking about the long version of ''Light Up?'').

I am not a deep ''PTh'' fan. I only consider them as a good rock band. As such, three stars for this album is legitimate to my ears.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#220191) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 07, 2009

4 stars Coming after the outstanding 'Variations on a Dream' this had to be good. It is! It's what might be called a 'grower', with first imressions being 'this is good' but after a few plays, the thought turns to 'this is brilliant'. Whilst overall not so 'proggy' as 'Variations', the music has ... (read more)

Report this review (#97021) | Posted by progadder | Friday, November 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have to tell you this band are a real find. This album has it all--fantastic structures,soaring guitar riffs and great melodies plus great lyrics. This is prog rock for 2006. Having seen them live last week I can recommend them unreservedly--they deserve much more exposure. Variations on a d ... (read more)

Report this review (#72156) | Posted by | Friday, March 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This album is a distinctly average set of neo-prog tunes by a band that seem to be wildly overrated by the prog scene. They are certainly a little derivative of Porcupine Tree but nowhere near in the same league. Try and get a listen to this band before purchasing, they are not as magical as th ... (read more)

Report this review (#58461) | Posted by | Monday, November 28, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wow. I caught Pineapple Thief at the 2005 Marillion Convention. I thought they were a good band but they needed more live experience. The result of that gig however, was a visit to their website and a preorder of 10 stories down. I'm glad I did. This album is a solid example of their style a ... (read more)

Report this review (#41386) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PINEAPPLE THIEF "10 Stories Down"