EN=TRANCE

2. a-Numerique (16:26)
3. Fm Delight (17:28)
4. Velvet System (17:47)

Bonus Track on 2005 reissue:
5. Elvish Sequencer (8:02)

- Klaus Schulze / Roland S50 / D50 / MKS 30 / MKS 80 / JX 10 P / DDR / MC 500, Roland 505 drums, Korg DW 8000 / DVP-1, Yamaha DX 7 II, Fairlight, Akai sampler, Fx, producer

Artwork: Michael B. Behr with Jacques Sehy (photo)

2xLP Brain- 835 158-1 (1988, Germany)

CD Brain- 835 158-2 (1988, Europe)
CD Revisited Rec. - REV 007 (2005, Germany) With a bonus track recorded in 1975

Thanks to memowakeman for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy KLAUS SCHULZE En=Trance Music

En=tranceEn=trance
Remastered
Made in Germany Musi 2017
$14.66
Dreams / En=TranceDreams / En=Trance
Thunderbolt 1999

More places to buy KLAUS SCHULZE music online Buy KLAUS SCHULZE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KLAUS SCHULZE En=Trance ratings distribution

KLAUS SCHULZE En=Trance reviews

Review by memowakeman
4 stars When we hear the name of Klaus Schulze, our mind prepares to fly and discover a new world, a new atmosphere, the music of this great guy is really serious, the power of imagination and the power of hearing a new kind of music makes his music different, his only style, not the Ash ra tempel style, not the Tangerine dream style, is the Klaus Schulze style, a style full of freedom, of tranquil , of darkness at the same time, is a mix of atmospheres, i say all this because i really find his music like a own style of music, another sub-sub genre, like electronic atmospherical progressive... but this doesnt exist, is the way to tell us his thoughts, his magic envolved in his music. This album makes me fly and makes me scream, like i was a boy with a new toy, but to be honest, after hearing this album 10 times, i found it boring, i dont think this could be a masterpiece, but is a great addition to our collections, all the songs during about 20 minutes, all epics, all with a depth sound, the keyboards of shulze are unique, the keyboars and synths of schulze makes us understand why the music is like a god, why the music is like a breakfast and dinner of every day .

En=trance is the perfect song to a perfect day in the depth of our emotions, is a new travel in time, and for me the best song of this album, i hope you could enjoy this album, because is really good.

The track called Fm delight is one of those typical "Schulze in the mood", in my oppinion is not the best song, but a lot of people loves this song, or maybe hate ( like dream theater) but by the way, is a good song.

Pay attention to all the chnges and all the moments to fly, to dream, and to fall in his circle of sound.

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars If you would except the dreadful "Aphrica", Klaus Schulze never released a poor album so far. But I was hardly thrilled with his studio production of the eighties to be sincere. Globally OK albums (which means three stars) but nothing from the other world (without play on words).

The title song reverts me to some ancient Klaus algorithm. Great synth layers, subtle harmony, fully instrumental, cold yet emotional. In one word: essential. Of course, you have to accept the simple and repetitive tempo; but this is deeply rooted into his great music.

I was quite charmed with this piece of music. It is of course not the first time that the man delivers a very good epic in the eighties ("Inter*Face" was another one), but usually there were only one of those per album.

What is different on this long set is that there are very good companions as well. "a Numérique" is another winner although less attractive and accessible than "En=Trance". Hypnotic, clean and tranquil, it gets more upbeat after a while, closer to his later work as well. The addition of a true drummer (why not Mike Shrieve) would have been a plus in comparison to these synthetic ones. But that's only a very small negative point.

And there's nothing to do: while I listen to the opening of "FM Delight", I am just ? delighted. It reminds me of the great albums from the seventies when emotion was at its peak, brilliance at his height and beauty close to perfection. Yes, it is that great!

The idea might sound simple, but the execution is superb. The melody is splendid. These keys are just too wonderful to be human! Great, great, great. Even if after the first third (some six minutes) these sublime lines turn into a more upbeat affair (but which still sounds very good).

The closing "Velvet System" is one of the most bombastic Schulze song. It starts on a slow tempo, but very quickly, the listener is brought to some sort of electronic-opera style of music (whatever it may mean). The second half is more conventional but still above the standard of the output from the great man in the eighties.

I haven't been so pleased with Klaus's music since "Mirage". This album deserves four starts in my own scale of rankings. A very good album indeed which I can only recommend to all electronic music fan but not only. Beleive me!

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars En=Trance. Schulze has never shied away from goofy wordplays. But so far he had stayed clear from uninvolved and soulless electronic music.

Formally it all looks ok, extended pieces, no pointless beats, rhythmic sequencing, layered sounds. But the music goes by entirely unnoticed, it feels uninspired and frankly I don't like the sounds here at all. They are clean, out of the box digital keyboards that lack personality and atmosphere. For an artist that depends so much on sound as Schulze, this is a big shortcoming.

So how exactly did I leap from this assessment to 3 stars? For once the answer is maths. First of all, there's nothing really wrong with any of the tracks, and FM Delight is absolutely gorgeous and worthy for a 5 star album. That gives (2+2+5+2)/4 = 2.75!

En=Trance is a work that I wouldn't recommend to the casual Schulze fan, but on average it can sure be rated as good.

Post a review of KLAUS SCHULZE "En=Trance"