TO KILL THE CHILD / LEAVING BEIRUT

Roger Waters

Roger Waters To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut album cover

Buy ROGER WATERS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2004

1. To Kill The Child (3:30)
2. Leaving Beirut (12:26)

Search ROGER WATERS To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut lyrics

Search ROGER WATERS To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut tabs

- PP Arnold / vocals
- Graham Broad / drums
- Andy Fairweather-Low / guitar
- Carol Kenyon / vocals
- Katie Kissoon / vocals
- Roger Waters / lead vocals, guitar, bass & keyboards

Sony CD-Single Limited Edition (Was available for a limited time as a download from WATERS' official website)

Thanks to Cluster One for the addition
and to Brian for the last updates

ROGER WATERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROGER WATERS To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut Music

ROGER WATERS RADIO K.A.O.S. REMASTERED CD NEW US $17.69 Buy It Now 1h 46m
ROGER WATERS AMUSED TO DEATH CD NEW US $12.10 Buy It Now 1h 49m
ROGER WATERS IN THE FLESH LIVE 2 CD NEW US $15.82 Buy It Now 1h 52m
ROGER WATERS IN THE FLESH LIVE 2 CD & DVD PAL NEW US $26.07 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Roger Waters Wall Japan Laserdisc 96 Reissue Pink Floyd US $79.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
ROGER WATERS 1992 IMPORT CD Single What God Wants NEW US $13.28 Buy It Now 5h 50m
7" 45 w/PS ROGER WATERS The Tide Is Turning - Money NM EM-37 UK ORIG EB678 US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
ROGER WATERS THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCHHIKING harvest 84 A-2U B-2U Lp EX+ US $41.53 Buy It Now 9h 10m
ROGER WATERS - The Wall Live From Berlin - 1990 - 2 CD Set - P2-46611 - Memorial US $5.89 [0 bids]
Roger WATERS, PINK FLOYD. Superb Hand SIGNED 8X10" CloseUp Photo. With COA. FINE US $41.55 [15 bids]
PINK FLOYD The Final Cut UK LP G/F Prog Dave Gilmour Genesis Roger Waters US $1.73 [2 bids]
Roger Waters - In The Flesh [CD New] US $15.99 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Ça Ira, Roger Waters, Good Enhanced US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 19m
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) US $7.50 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Pink Floyd Mary Turner 2 Pak Roger Waters and David Gilmour Vinyl Lp Record US $59.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING - US LP UNCENSORED COVER pink floyd US $6.99 [0 bids]
Roger Waters - 5:01 AM - Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking - Columbia - Promo - NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Roger Waters: Ça Ira (There Is Hope) [2SACD+bonus DVD] [Super Audio Hybrid... US $39.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
Roger Waters NEW 2 CASSETTES The Wall Live In Berlin US $25.00 Buy It Now 15h 43m
PINK FLOYD-ROGER WATERS Amused To Death JAPAN Mini-LP CD MHCP693 Obi+Mini Labels US $49.99 Buy It Now 16h 17m
Roger Waters Wall Japan Laserdisc Promo Leaf Pink Floyd US $129.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Roger Waters Amused to Death Gold Disc CK53196 & The Wall Live In Berlin 3CD lot US $40.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS-Dark Side Of The Moon 2006 Tour Programme-Brand New-Pink Floyd US $13.92 Buy It Now 17h 30m
Roger Waters - Radio Kaos (1987) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 [0 bids]
Roger Waters In the Flesh Live SACD, 2 Discs Pink Floyd US $39.99 [0 bids]
roger waters limited edition 2x cd pink floyd US $42.49 Buy It Now 19h 11m
PINK FLOYD "UMMAGUMMA" Capitol STBB-388 2 RECORD SET-1969 Roger Waters vinyl US $24.95 Buy It Now 19h 25m
LOOK! ROGER WATERS HAND SIGNED GUITAR WITH PSA/DNA COA PINK FLOYD METALLICA US $791.61 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking UNCENSORED 3-Song EP PINK FLOYD US $9.99 [1 bids]
LOT - 6 Roger Waters Albums on CD - 6 Album/7-Disc Bundle/Set - Pink Floyd US $45.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD/ROGER WATERS sealed LP Pros & cons of Hitch-hiking COLUMBIA 39290 US $9.99 [1 bids]
PINK FLOYD/ROGER WATERS sealed LP Radio K-A-O-S original press COLUMBIA 40795 US $9.99 [1 bids]
ROGER WATERS (Pink Floyd) 'What God Wants' Rare unplayed CD PROMO ONLY 1992 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Pink Floyd Roger Waters Authentic Signed Photograph & COA US $581.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Pink Floyd The Final Cut LP NM Lyrics Roger Waters David Gilmour Nick Mason US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Wall: Live in Berlin [Bonus DVD] by Roger Waters (2 CD +DVD, 2005 Remastered US $9.99 [0 bids]
RSD 2014 ROGER WATERS HELLO I LOVE YOU LAST MIMZY 10" VINYL SOUNDTRACK US $28.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters - Radio Kaos - Polish Early Release US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury / BMG) US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS JIM LADD INNERVIEW RECORD LP ALBUM WITH QUE SHEET US $145.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS OFF THE RECORD WITH MARY TURNER 2 LP ALBUM LPS 1985 US $345.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $8.26 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS ÇA IRA CA IRA THERE IS HOPE ARGENTINA PROMO 2 CDS US $82.90 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS - RADIO K.A.O.S. CD US $0.49 [1 bids]
Pink Floyd Another Brick In The Wall Pt II 7/45 1979 Spain Rare Roger Waters US $6.99 [0 bids]
Radio K.A.O.S. by Roger Waters (CD, Jun-1987, Columbia (USA)) US $7.96 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD A COLLECTION OF GREAT DANCE SONGS HARVEST SHVL 822 INNER ROGER WATERS US $11.62 [1 bids]
PINK FLOYD WISH YOU WERE HERE HARVEST SHVL 814 INNER DAVID GILMOUR ROGER WATERS US $11.62 [1 bids]
Roger Waters - Amused To Death US $15.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS LP Record Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking US $9.50 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD "Music from the Body" LP EMI SHSP 4008 Roger Waters EXCELLENT US $22.26 [0 bids]
Roger Waters - Amused To Death 2MC - Polish Release US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD UMMAGUMMA GIGI ROGER WATERS GILMOUR LIVE ISRAEL ISRAELI HARVEST 2 LP US $149.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters/Pink Floyd 5 Track Promo Only 12" w/Sticker and Gold StampNear Mint US $38.98 [0 bids]
Roger Waters THANKS FOR THE RIDE PART 1 AND 2 live cds (PInk Floyd Eric Clapton) US $16.49 [7 bids]
WHEN THE WIND BLOWS PROMO LP (Virgin 90599) Roger Waters Pink Floyd David Bowie US $15.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS "IN THE FLESH LIVE" 2000-2CD SET-STILL SEALED-ROCK RADIO LIBRARY CD US $11.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD "Odeon / NM WAX" Relics JP Syd Barrett Roger Waters OBI LP E7034 US $26.49 [16 bids]
PINK FLOYD "Odeon / NM / RED WAX" Atom Heart Mother JP Roger Waters OBI LP E7049 US $26.88 [6 bids]
Roger waters trust us shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger waters trust us 2 shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger waters trust us 4 shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger waters trust us 3 shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ROGER WATERS music online Buy ROGER WATERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROGER WATERS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER WATERS To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut ratings distribution

ROGER WATERS To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut reviews

Review by Cluster One
2 stars More of Roger Waters politically-driven (drivel?) music in the form of a 2-song 'single' was offered out to his loyal fans just prior to the 2004 US election. He was (and still is) a vocal opponent of Messrs. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al.

For a limited time you could order the 2 songs online on a CD from a Japanese music publisher OR download them from Roger Waters' official site (for a nominal fee). I chose the latter. (The Download is no longer available, but the songs are floating around pretty freely on various other download sites)

The music on the two songs is almost of secondary importance to the lyrics, something that Waters is becoming more and more guilty of as he advances in years. Message > Medium.

'To Kill The Child' is an anti-war rant against US involvement in Iraq, and quickly forgettable in its bleeding-heartedness. 'Leaving Beirut' is more intriguing, as Waters portrays a somewhat sympathetic view of Arabic society. It is less of a song, and more of a 'story' (as Waters continues his familiar tradition of narrating songs, rather than singing them). All 12+ minutes of 'Leaving Beirut' seems like it would fit quite nicely on "Amused To Death".

Musically, these songs are pretty devoid of anything memorable. But at least Waters' message is honourable and he is still trying to create new music, and so he gets 2/5 stars.

Send comments to Cluster One (BETA) | Report this review (#45688) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 06, 2005

4 stars "Oh George, oh George, that Texas education must have [%*!#]ed you up when you were very small." Wow! If song lyrics could be taken into consideration for the Nobel prize (literature or peace), "Leaving Beirut" would at least be nominated, with good chance of winning. And if you consider th ... (read more)

Report this review (#46734) | Posted by | Thursday, September 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROGER WATERS "To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut"