REASON

1. Turn Away (4:23)
2. Reason (4:40)
3. More (4:04)
4. Innocence (4:38)
5. Scarred Forever (5:21)
6. In The Night (5:54)

- Hugo Mariutti / guitar
- Luis Mariutti / bass
- Ricardo Confessori / drums

Guest Appearances:
- Fabio Ribeiro (Blezqi Zatsaz)
- Marcus Viana (Sagrado Coração Da Terra)

CD AFM Records AFM 087-2

Thanks to A. F. Doyle for the addition

SHAMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SHAMAN Reason Music

ReasonReason
Afm Records 2005
Reason by SHAMAN (2005-08-09)Reason by SHAMAN (2005-08-09)
Afm Records Germany
ReasonReason
TDNE 2011
Audio CD$8.69 (used)

Shaman - Reason CD USD $9.84 Buy It Now 5h 50m
SHAMAN REASON BRAND NEW SEALED CD USD $7.25 Buy It Now 6h 12m
SIXTY WATT SHAMAN *** 16 TRACK PROMO ***REASON TO LIVE*** USD $2.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Reason VICP-62989 CD JAPAN 2005 OBI USD $67.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Shaman / Reason JAPAN Angra Andre Matos C5 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sixty Watt Shaman - Reason to Live - Sixty Watt Shaman CD RDVG The Fast Free USD $7.07 Buy It Now 4 days
SIXTY WATT SHAMAN - REASON TO LIVE - 2002 SPITFIRE CD - SCOTT REEDER/UNIDA/KYUSS USD $9.23 Buy It Now 4 days
SIXTY WATT SHAMAN REASON TO LIVE CD 16 TRACK 2002 GERMAN USD $7.91 Buy It Now 5 days
SHAMAN (BRAZIL) - REASON USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.13 Buy It Now 6 days
Sixty Watt Shaman : Reason to Live - Produced by Scott Reeder CD UNIDA KYUSS USD $1.79 [0 bids]
SHAMAN reason JAPAN CD HW67 USD $15.44 Buy It Now 6 days
Sixty Watt Shaman - Reason to Live CD near mint, will combine s/h USD $3.50 Buy It Now 8 days
SHAMAN (BRAZIL) - REASON NEW CD USD $11.63 Buy It Now 9 days
Sixty Watt Shaman - Reason to Live Promo CD Brand New Stoner Rock Fast Shipping USD $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Reason SHAMAN CD ( ANDRE MATOS/ANGRA ) USD $8.72 Buy It Now 11 days
Sixty Watt Shaman - Reason to live CD 2002 NEW USD $3.28 Buy It Now 12 days
SIXTY WATT SHAMAN - Reason To Live - CD - Live - **Mint Condition** USD $29.75 Buy It Now 14 days
SHAMAN REASON CD NEW USD $5.58 Buy It Now 17 days
SIXTY WATT SHAMAN - Reason to Live - CD ** Brand New ** USD $33.49 Buy It Now 17 days
Shaman : Reason CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Shaman / Reason JAPAN Angra Andre Matos NEW!!!!!!!!!!! *Z USD $39.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Shaman - Reason (CD, 2005, AFM Records, Germany) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Shaman - Reason (CD, 2005, AFM Records, Germany) BRAND NEW SEALED USD $12.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Sixty Watt Shaman - REASON TO LIVE Promo Advance CD - Brand New USD $5.99 Buy It Now 20 days
SHAMAN "REASON" CD PROGRESSIVE METAL NEW+ USD $15.82 Buy It Now 21 days
SHAMAN Anime Live 2008 DVD All Regions SEALED RARE immortal reason ritual USD $29.90 Buy It Now 22 days
SIXTY WATT SHAMAN - Reason To Live - CD SEALED USD $6.78 Buy It Now 22 days
SHAMAN (BRAZIL) - REASON USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $11.83 Buy It Now 24 days
SHAMAN (BRAZIL) - REASON NEW CD USD $15.16 Buy It Now 24 days
Sixty Watt Shaman - Reason To Live (2002 CD) New & Sealed USD $5.21 Buy It Now 25 days
Sixty Watts Shaman/Reason To Live (spitcd180) CD Album USD $15.30 Buy It Now 25 days
SHAMAN REASON SEALED CD NEW USD $7.21 Buy It Now 26 days
Reason - Shaman 5099751991823 (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.08 Buy It Now 27 days
Shaman - Reason [New CD] USD $11.62 Buy It Now 27 days
Shaman - Reason [New CD] USD $11.64 Buy It Now 27 days
Shaman - Reason [New CD] Asia - Import USD $8.94 Buy It Now 27 days
Shaman - Reason [New CD] Asia - Import USD $56.56 Buy It Now 27 days
Shaman - Reason (2005) - Angra - Avantasia - Metal CD USD $5.26 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy SHAMAN music online Buy SHAMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SHAMAN Reason ratings distribution

SHAMAN Reason reviews

Review by CCVP
2 stars Generic and uninspired power metal

Back in the early 2000's Shaman was a pretty big metal band: they made shows all around and they were as big as other big brazillian metal bands, such as Angra and Sepultura. Back then I was very impressed by their debut, so when their second album came by I went to buy it right away. However, something was wrong. The band was all around, the music simply could not flow right and there was this ever present new metal feeling in their music which I just hated. I hated the album so much that I re-sold it, in hope to get some of my money back!

Some time ago, for some reason that is beyond my comprehension, I got interested in the album again, so I borrowed it from a friend that was a Shaman fan. After listening it for some months I must say that my impression haven't changed much: I still do not like this album and still find it kind of boring. This time, however, I could see that this album is not a total waste, because there are some songs that are actually quite good, which are Innocence, Scared Forever and Born to Be, being Innocence the best of them all. The thing is that the rest of the album is just so uninteresting, so lacking any kind of new ideas, that the quality of those songs is lost in the sea of cheese, and even the good songs are not that good at all, with the notable exception of the songs Innocence and Born to Be.

Here, you can really see that the cracks are starting to show themselves. The band can't work as well as it could when they composed Ritual and the result is just tragic: the progressive metal is gone and is substituted by this generic and uninspired power metal. It is no wonder that ALL founding members of Shaman left the band. If I can give any piece of advice to you who are reading this review, they would be the following: 1) buy this album only if you really like power metal and 2) if you want a really impressive and mind blowing piece of progressive metal, get Shaman's debut, entitled Ritual, which is one of the best progressive metal albums from this decade.

Review by jampa17
4 stars A coming home. That's how I feel it.

The second chapter on this brief journey of André Matos and Co. is a great produced and still fresh Prog Metal album with creative dynamics between symphonic phrases, some brazilian folk rythms and metal riffing. The result is very close to their debut album, musicians working for music and not the opposite. Prog Metal with sense and soul is how I call it.

There were two bands that literally convert me to prog: Dream Theater and Angra. After the disbanding of the latter, André Matos rejoined with other ex-Angra members and continue with his original songwriting and after a few years I found this album and I get very excited to see all the good things that I like from Andrés Era in Angra, all improved: better singing, touching and moving soft phrases and impressive Prog Metal development, never loosing sense or direction.

Shame this was the last production of Matos in Shaaman, who again changed line up and became a mediocre average Power Metal band. But at least we have this wonderful album. A short production (less than 50 minutes of music) of all good songs, great for new fans or people that do not know well Prog Metal.

If you want to feel good by hearing music with sense and with good amount of strength and meaning, Reason is the album you should hear. Shame that too many people is aware of this project. Easily one of my favorites bands in the Prog Metal sub-genre. 4 stars. Great addition to any prog collection.

5 stars Reason is the second release by Shaman and sadly also the last with Andre Matos as vocalist. Along with Mariutti brothers, Andre left the band and starts his own new band, Andre Matos. Reason is my favorite between the two Shaman's albums that I have, it's far from easy listening at the beginnin ... (read more)

Report this review (#185572) | Posted by maXmuri | Tuesday, October 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars "Reason" is a outrageous CD, carrying with him a new proposal, that combines a dark Heavy Metal with a great Hard Rock, all surrounded by a progressive 'aura' that Shaman has always had. Songs like "Reason", "In The Night", "Rough Stone" and "Trial Of Tears" YOU WON'T FIND ANYWHERE... Shaman - ... (read more)

Report this review (#152865) | Posted by A. F. Doyle | Monday, November 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SHAMAN "Reason"