COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Live, released in 1994

1. Highway Star (6:40)
2. Black Night (5:40)
3. A Twist in the Tail (4:27)
4. Perfect Strangers (6:52)
5. Anyone's Daughter (3:57)
6. Child in Time (10:48)
7. Anya (12:13)
8. Speed King (7:29)
9. Smoke on the Water (10:26)

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water tabs

- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars
- Ian Gillan / vocals
- Roger Glover / bass
- Jon Lord / keyboards
- Ian Paice / drums

produced engineered and mixed by pat regan. mixed at new century media studios - los angeles. CA. mastered by george marino at sterling sound, NYC. recorded live at the hans-martin-schleyer-halle stuttgart. germany - october 16. 1993 and the nec birmingham. england - november 9. 1993

Thanks to frippertronik for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water Music

Very Best of Deep PurpleVery Best of Deep Purple
Rhino 2000
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Machine HeadMachine Head
Warner Bros / Wea 1990
FireballFireball
Rhino Flashback 2008
Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)
Import · Remastered
EMI Import 2002
Fireball: 25th AnniversaryFireball: 25th Anniversary
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Emd Int'l 2000
NM In Shrink Psych LP : Shades Of Deep Purple ~ Tetragrammaton T 102 US $60.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple "Book Of Taliesyn" Tetragrammaton Records-Sealed With Sticker-Psych US $75.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NINO TEMPO & APRIL STEVENS-DEEP PURPLE VG US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
DEEP PURPLE IN CONCERT LIVE IN LONDON NEW LIVE & RARE JAPAN 4 CD BOXSET 6000yen US $259.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
DEEP PURPLE-PURPENDICULAR CD FACTORY SEALED STEVE MORSE IAN GILLAN JON LORD US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
DEEP PURPLE gemini suite live JAPAN MINI LP CD RITCHIE BLACKMORE ROGER GLOVER US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
deep purple - extended versions - bmg 56192 cd new/ss ref# 2426 US $5.99 [0 bids]
24K Gold CD Who Do We Think We Are by Deep Purple 2005, Audio Fidelity Sealed US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
2005 Legends Deep Purple CD Philippines sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Deep Purple Nobody's Perfect 1988 Exc.Con. (2) LPS.LP Album Vinyl (234) LIKE NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Deep Purple 1974 Japan Laser Disc Sealed ! Whitesnake US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
deep purple - very best of - warner 2 79799 - cd new/ss - ref# 4281 US $12.99 [0 bids]
"Perfect Strangers" Deep Purple - Polygram Made in West Germany US $0.59 [2 bids]
Whitesnake DAVID COVERDALE Love is EUROPE PROMO CD single USA Seller DEEP PURPLE US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Deep Purple Come Hell Japan Laser Disc Sealed w Sticker US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
DEEP PURPLE UNIVERSAL MASTERS COLLECTION UKRAINIAN SPECIAL EDITION SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
DEEP PURPLE - Knocking At Your Back Door / Wasted Sunsets -1984 Vinyl 45' Pic. US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE MUSIC CD COMPACT DISC NO SCRATCHES ON CD PLAYS WELL US $1.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple CD. Made In Japan. US $4.99 [0 bids]
Julian Yeo - Deep Purple Dreams US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Deep Purple - Sarah Vaughan 45 RPM Extended Play record 1951 Nice Cover! SEE! US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
HUGHES - THRALL LP JAPAN PRESS OBI STRIP DEEP PURPLE US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
TOTO - IV LP IN SHRINK JAPAN PRESS OBI STRIP DEEP PURPLE US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 59m
* DEEP PURPLE THE BOOK OF TALIESYN / JAPAN MINI LP CD K2HD US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
DEEP PURPLE POWERHOUSE RECORD 12" LP US $19.57 Buy It Now 4h 17m
The Ian Gillan Band - Anthology CD + DVD (2009) (Deep Purple) US $14.35 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Blackmore's Night Dancer and the Moon (Deluxe Edition) CD+ DVD DEEP PURPLE US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball / LED ZEPPELIN Polish flexi disc US $9.49 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE SLAVES AND MASTERS Cd US $13.89 Buy It Now 5h
Deep Purple - Nobody's Perfect Vol. 1 and 2 / Cassete Polish Press US $5.90 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Deep Purple - Live In Paris 1975 CD UMGD/EAGLE RECORDS US $21.59 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Deep Purple - Last Concert In Japan 180gm Vinyl [Vinyl New] US $27.97 Buy It Now 6h 2m
DEEP PURPLE - STORMBRINGER - Russian AnTrop 1991 LP Washed Near Mint US $5.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Smoke On The Water - USSR Russian Melodia 1988 DMM LP Washed Mint US $9.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple ?- Burn Turkish Edt. LP Yellow Stateside 1974 Free P+P US $75.00 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Deep Purple ?- Come Taste The Band Turkish Edt. LP EMI 1976 US $45.00 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Deep Purple ?- Stormbringer Turkish Edt. LP Yellow Stateside 1975 US $65.00 Buy It Now 6h 15m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN ITALY 71 (RARE 2LP) US $120.00 Buy It Now 6h 29m
DEEP PURPLE - POP SPECTACULAR (RARE LP) US $38.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
DEEP PURPLE - GET IT WHILE IT TASTES! (V.RARE JAPAN LP) US $75.00 Buy It Now 6h 39m
DEEP PURPLE - Purple Reign (RARE JAPAN 2LP) US $58.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
DEEP PURPLE COME TASTE THE BAND PROMO GREEK DIGIPAK CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 41m
DEEP PURPLE - HIGHWAY STARS (RARE 2LP/COLOR VINYL) 1984 US $78.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
DEEP PURPLE - Perks And Tit (RARE TAKRL LP) 1974 San Diego US $25.00 Buy It Now 6h 44m
DEEP PURPLE - GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT (RARE LP/SHRINK) US $45.00 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Deep Purple & Friends : Still Rockin at Their.. CD (2007) US $6.84 Buy It Now 6h 46m
DEEP PURPLE - "THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE" US $10.12 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE CONCERT TICKET STUB FROM IZOLA 1996 US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 17m
DEEP PURPLE Total Abandon Live Australia 99 CD NEW US $10.06 Buy It Now 7h 32m
HELLION Black Night USA 1983 Heavy Metal PS single, rare!! Deep Purple cover !! US $45.00 Buy It Now 7h 41m
KINKS IAN GILLAN (Deep purple) NAZARETH concert poster for danish rock festival US $50.00 Buy It Now 7h 42m
DEEP PURPLE - Greatest Hits 2cd import digipack US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Roger Glover (Deep Purple) - Mask Vinyl Lp US $23.31 Buy It Now 7h 59m
JAMES GANG - GOT NO TIME FOR TROUBLE YUGO MISPRESS 7"PS T.BOLIN DEEP PURPLE US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
ABSOLUTE ROCK [3CD Set] KANE Rainbow REO Deep Purple HAWKWIND ZZ Top (50 Tracks) US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 27m
DEEP PURPLE 24 Carat Purple Ex+ EMI/Purple 1970s UK LP US $10.12 Buy It Now 8h 27m
DEEP PURPLE Japan 1975 NM LP+Obi 24 CARAT PURPLE US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 39m
DEEP PURPLE Concerto for Group and Orchestra 3 LP NEW 2014 SEALED!!! US $79.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Deep Purple - Essential CD - Excellent Collection Inc. "Smoke On The Water" US $5.05 Buy It Now 9h
DEEP PURPLE - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $25.34 Buy It Now 9h 3m
DEEP PURPLE Black Night / Woman From Tokyo :From Made In Japan Vinyl 7" RSD 2014 US $13.44 Buy It Now 9h 12m
DEEP PURPLE *VG/VG+* 1972 GERMAN EMI/ELECTROLA LP "MACHINE HEAD" US $15.79 Buy It Now 9h 19m
DEEP PURPLE THE BATTLE RAGES ON 12" RCA BMG BRAZIL 1st PRESS 93 INSERT BLACKMORE US $50.00 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - LP Platinum disc & cover - DEEP PURPLE IN ROCK US $253.55 Buy It Now 9h 23m
DEEP PURPLE Deepest Purple LP Harvest label Great ! US $11.83 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Band Rare Original LP Machine Head 1972 Warner Brothers US $55.24 Buy It Now 9h 26m
DEEP PURPLE 'The Very Best of...' Cassette/ Tape Album US $11.65 Buy It Now 9h 31m
DEEP PURPLE Powerhouse LP Great ! US $16.90 [0 bids]
Made in Japan [The Remastered Edition] by Deep Purple (CD, Nov-1998, 2 Discs,... US $9.99 [0 bids]
Endless Love Vol.2 - RARE 1989 Israel Israeli Only / Deep Purple / Scorpions US $18.99 Buy It Now 9h 36m
DEEP PURPLE In Rock JAPAN CD OBI 1970 PROMO US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Philippines DEEP PURPLE, Burn, LP US $80.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
DEEP PURPLE - The Battle Rages On (reissue) - 180 gram vinyl LP US $33.11 Buy It Now 9h 38m
IAN GILLAN BAND Scarabus New Sealed MINT Island ILPS-9511 unopened deep purple US $29.95 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Live in London by Deep Purple (CD, Aug-2011, 2 Discs, Eagle Records (USA)) US $11.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple In Rock 1970 1st Warner Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, EXC, A+ Sound! US $36.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - 24K GOLD CD - AFZ 065 US $60.87 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Burn - Japan MINI LP SHM CD - New -WPCR-13115 US $55.16 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL - 24K GOLD CD - AFZ 098 AUDIO FIDELITY US $55.26 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - In Rock - 24K Gold CD - Audio Fidelity Sealed AFZ 051 US $61.17 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - JAPAN HYBRID SACD - WPCR-14166 - NEW CD US $42.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24k Gold CD - AFZ 027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $55.26 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - STORMBRINGER - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - OUT OF PRINT - WPCR-13116 US $55.20 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - DEEPEST PURPLE THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE - JAPAN CD- WPCR-15318 US $42.01 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - PERFECT STRANGERS - JAPAN JEWEL CASE CD - OOP UICY-75500 US $40.75 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN JAPAN - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - OUT OF PRINT - WPCR-13113 US $77.05 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24 kt Gold CD - AFZ027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $47.51 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - 30: VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE - NEW CD US $15.31 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL - GOLD CD - AUDIO FIDELITY - OUT OF PRINT - AFZ 098 US $61.15 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Platinum Collection 3 DISC BOX SET - (CD, Mar-2005, Emi) BRAND NEW US $48.42 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - The Audio Fidelity Collection - (4 CD) 24K GOLD CD BOX SET #'D US $167.75 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - OUT OF PRINT US $53.48 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE 24 Carat Purple Ex+ EMI/Purple 1970s UK LP US $10.11 Buy It Now 10h 2m
HEAVY DUTY -IRON MAIDEN / DEEP PURPLE / ATOMIC ROOSTER / SCORPIONS ISRAELI COMP US $18.00 Buy It Now 10h 3m
DEEP PURPLE Shades Of Mono Purple Vinyl LP Record Store Day RSD 2014 New US $33.72 Buy It Now 10h 3m
Deep Purple, Queen, Scorpions, Puhdys, Foreigner, Mick Jagger & Michael Jackson US $2.00 [0 bids]
Ian Gillan Band - LP Japan Obi Heavy Metal Deep Purple US $49.99 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Deep Purple - 30: Very Best Of (Special Collectors Edition) (NEW CD) US $19.00 Buy It Now 10h 12m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water reviews

Review by WaywardSon
4 stars Well this isn´t Made In Japan, but it still has some great moments. The highlights here are "Anyone´s daughter" "Perfect Strangers" and an extended version of "Anya" with some great playing by Blackmore.

Listening on headphones, one can still hear the great duelling between Blackmore and Lord on tracks like "Highway Star" One thing I picked up on "Child in Time" is that there is a backing track! If you listen carefully you can hear the Made In Japan voice in the background to help Gillan along! That is my only real complaint about this album, but besides that, and the fueding between Blackmore and Gillan, it is still a great album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#86061) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I got this one from my brother somewhere in 2001. It had been a very long time ago since I had listened to the Purple any more (I will change my mind though in 2003). My first feeling was : whow ! One of the band I loved the most in my youth (back to '70- 73) had produced another great live album (in the meantime, I have discovered about another fifteen of those).

Honestly the more you listen to it, the more you notice its defects : some of their gigantic songs are not very well played here : "Highway Star" and "Black Night" for instance : I just hate the audience responding with their oh, oh ; oh, oh to Ritchie's riff ; this is a reminiscence of my "No More Heroes" period which I still very much use as a guideline nowadays. So, when I go and see them, I am always suffering.

This tour was supporting their last studio album, so we get "A Twist In The Tale" and more interesting "Anya" which is IMO, the best track of this live album. Quite extended version, great keys : the Purple as we like : all mighty and harmonious at the same time.

The clash between Ritchie and Ian was rising again : this time, Ian will get rid of Ritchie (I guess he was so impossible to live with, than the other members of the band could hardly go into another direction). Ritchie's rendition in "Highway Star" is pretty weak. His traditionally fabulous guitar solo in "Child In Time" is cut down here. There are a few organ breaks from Jon that are totally out of purpose in the context of the song (don't get me wrong : I have always appreciate Jon's work, but this is not the Child In Time we all want to hear). Gillan is great though.

"Speed King" starts with "God Save The ... King" I guess; then skips the wonderful noisy intro of the studio album to enter straight into the track. The band then develops an average jam and suddenly play the "Burn" intro for 15 seconds ... A bit too much of a mixing for me.

A two minutes almost classical guitar intro will lead to "Smoke". This one was not at all my favorite on "Machine Head" but turned to be a Purple anthem after their MIJ adventure. This version is great (till 6'30" when Gillan asked the audience participation and is quite useless from then on).

There is a Japanese / US version of this live effort with three additional tracks Lazy (4'18"), Space truckin' (2'39") and Woman From Tokyo (1'53"). Since I only have access to the European version I can only be suspicious about these "bonus tracks" : the Purple used to play over twenty minutes gig for "Space Truckin", so a bit more than two minutes sounds a bit strange. They will be used to a very short format for "Woman" unfortunately. This album is quite average and I would rate it 5 out of 10. Since I am biased with the band, I will upgrade it to three stars.

If you really want to get hold on their best live album (IMO), you should grab their "In Concert" from the BBC (double CD : one from the "In Rock" era the other one from "Machine Head") : this has never ever been achieved again (you can read my review of this one for a ... deeper description).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107406) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Going, going..gone!

Recorded during Deep Purple's 25th Anniversary tour in 1993, this CD was released some seven years before the DVD with the same title. The reformed mark 2 classic line up were on a world tour when their performances were captured in Germany and the UK.

The then current album "The battle rages on" contributes two of the nine tracks, including the decent "Anya". There is plenty of the classic Deep Purple here too, indeed this collection overlaps significantly with the "Nobody's perfect" set from six or so years before, and to a lesser extend with "Made in Japan".

In terms of the performances, Blackmore's guitar work is wonderful of course, but from time to time he misses his cue as, it has to be said, does Ian Gillan. At the time Blackmore was on the verge of leaving the band for what would appear to be the final time, deciding to abandon the band prior to the Japanese leg of the tour.

The classic Deep Purple songs such as "Highway star", "Child in time", "Black night", "Smoke on the water", etc. are all present, joined by the newer classic "Perfect strangers". The latter song is every bit as good as the "Made in Japan" favourites. The only week point really is the aforementioned title track from "Battle rages on" which is received politely by the audience. "Speed king", omitted from the DVD version, is given a spirited run through and there is a very effective lighter section where "Anyone's daughter" from the "Fireball" album is given a fine dusting down.

In all, a highly enjoyable live album from Deep Purple. In view of the numerous high quality live offerings available from them it is far from essential, indeed I would recommend the DVD of the same name which includes interviews with four of the band members (guess who's missing!), and many more tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#111643) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars To celebrate the end of holiday season, last night I played loud this Deep Purple Come Hell or High Water CD at my car while driving home. Yeah ..! It rocked, man! It's really fit the situation because the first track was Highway Star (6:40) where I can hear Gillan still rock with his old age, actually. Ian Paice drumming is also top notch! He played his drum set like crazy. I like his style of drum playing. Ritchie performed his solo differently from other concerts. And ..of course Uncle Jon Lord still played great Hammond and keyboard throughout the song. Roger Glover played his bass dynamically. One thing interesting was Gillan still performed his high register notes vocal work. Black Night (5:40) as usual...involving the crowd to sing along Oooo ..oooo ... OOO ... Oooo!!!. This is one of the interesting thing that Deep Purple has always done with their live concerts. Ritchie performed his solo combined with Lord's keyboard work. Usually Gillan commented Superb! but this time he said Unbelievable! responding to the crowd shouts.

A Twist in the Tail (4:27) has been rarely performed on stage but this time it had a chance. The song reminds me to Rainbow's Lost In Hollywood in its rhythm section. Perfect Strangers (6:52) was responded highly by the crowd especially during the part where Glover played riffs with his bass guitar like Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Anyone's Daughter (3:57) is a country-based music that I skipped last night because it's not rocking at all. Child in Time (10:48) was performed excellently with great keyboard work by Lord and powerful vocal line by Gillan. The other three tracks are also excellent with Anva (12:13), Speed King (7:29) and Smoke on the water (10:26). It was a surprise that part of Burn, especially the introduction, was also inserted. Unfortunately no vocal because I don't think Gillan is willing to sing Coverdale's tune.

Overall, this is a very good live performance by Deep Purple who is still rocking!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#184823) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 stars Excellent performance! This album is a great selection of DP's songs, played by the better mark, and recorded with 90's technologies. The 'jam sessions' generated between Lord and Blackmore are exciting. As always, Paice and Glover made a base that sustains a 20- floor-building. The Gillan's v ... (read more)

Report this review (#117776) | Posted by Marcos | Monday, April 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going on with my search of live Deep Purple albums, I found this one about 3 months ago. I felt extremely seduced by the fact that this is played by the "classic" line-up (Gillan/Blackmore/Glover/Lord/Paice), AND in the 90s (specifically on 1993, parts from two concerts, mostly in Stuttgart, Germ ... (read more)

Report this review (#103563) | Posted by Barla | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This definately not essential in my opinion (Especially seeing as it is a compilation). I do enjoy the original recordings of these songs although am not a big Deep Purple fan, neither do I ever enjoy live versions more than the proper ones. This is why i was dissapointed when i bought it, tak ... (read more)

Report this review (#75895) | Posted by ProgHappy | Saturday, April 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think it was taken from the last tour of the classic MK II line-up. Richie Blackmore doesn't want to be there. If he doesn't play anything, he goes to the backstage. At the end of the concert, he suddenly disappears. It's really annoying. His solos are at his worst and it affects all the ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#47488) | Posted by Tichy | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars celebrating their 25th anniversary, Deep Purple record this amazing live album, full of classics. I love this album, it was the first thing that i heard of this amazing group, and i think that the songs chosen for this album are perfects, the sound is perfect and the 5 members were on fire!!!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#46723) | Posted by frippertronik | Thursday, September 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "Come Hell Or High Water"