COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Live, released in 1994

1. Highway Star (6:40)
2. Black Night (5:40)
3. A Twist in the Tail (4:27)
4. Perfect Strangers (6:52)
5. Anyone's Daughter (3:57)
6. Child in Time (10:48)
7. Anya (12:13)
8. Speed King (7:29)
9. Smoke on the Water (10:26)

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water tabs

- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars
- Ian Gillan / vocals
- Roger Glover / bass
- Jon Lord / keyboards
- Ian Paice / drums

produced engineered and mixed by pat regan. mixed at new century media studios - los angeles. CA. mastered by george marino at sterling sound, NYC. recorded live at the hans-martin-schleyer-halle stuttgart. germany - october 16. 1993 and the nec birmingham. england - november 9. 1993

Thanks to frippertronik for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water Music

Deep Purple Live in Concert 72/73Deep Purple Live in Concert 72/73
Multiple Formats · DTS Surround Sound
Eagle Rock Ent 2005
DVD$6.46
DEEP PURPLE - DEEP PURPLE [1969 - LIBERTY] - NEW CD US $10.28 Buy It Now 29m 53s
DEEP PURPLE FIREBALL 1st RARE ISRAEL ISRAELI 1971 LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 35m 41s
Deep Purple, Made in Japan, Hardrock, Purple 1C188-93915/916, Original 1972 US $19.00 [0 bids]
45m 11s
BILLY COTTON AND HIS BAND Deep Purple/Little Sir Echo 78 REX 9540 US $20.81 Buy It Now 45m 20s
Deep Purple, The best of, The Scepter citation series, 1972 USA US $15.00 [0 bids]
45m 27s
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK WE ROCK WHEN WE ROLL WE ROLL LP 616 US $8.99 Buy It Now 59m 23s
Jon Lord (Deep Purple) Sarabande, Gimmix Sleeve, Purple 1C064-97943, 1976 US $15.00 [0 bids]
1h
DEEP PURPLE the house of blue light ISRAEL ISRAELI LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Deep Purple - Live In Montreux 1969 [CD New] US $32.68 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Deep Purple Made In Japan USA Cassette Tape Columbia House US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
RAINBOW ~ LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL ~ FULLY HAND SIGNED VINYL UK LP ~ DEEP PURPLE US $1,201.69 Buy It Now 1h 24m
DEEP PURPLE Deep Purple HARVEST UK LP GATEFOLD US $67.29 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Deep Purple In Concert HARVEST UK Original 2LP Inners GATEFOLD US $44.86 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Concerto For Group & Orchestra HARVEST UK 1st Press A1/B1 LP EX US $56.08 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Shades Of Deep Purple HARVEST UK Press LP  US $25.64 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE 24 Carat Purple PURPLE UK 1st Press A1/B1 LP LAMINATED US $20.83 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Perfect Strangers POLYDOR UK 1st Press A1/B1 LP LYRIC INNER Booklet US $56.08 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE The House Of Blue Light  POLYDOR UK Original LP LYRIC INNER US $38.45 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Made In Europe PURPLE UK Press LP GATEFOLD US $25.64 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Made In Japan PURPLE UK Original 2LP GATEFOLD US $51.27 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Stormbringer PURPLE UK 1st Press A1U/B1U LP US $56.08 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE 24 Carat Purple TPSM 2002 Classic LP - nice copy US $16.02 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Machine Head PURPLE LP EX Laminated GATEFOLD US $76.91 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DEEP PURPLE Last Concert In Japan PURPLE LP EX US $38.45 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DEEP PURPLE Nobody's Perfect POLYDOR 2LP EX Inners GATEFOLD US $24.03 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DEEP PURPLE Slaves And Masters RCA LP Lyric Inner  US $38.45 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Deep Purple Knocking at Your Back Door The BEST 80's New with OBI cd475 US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
DEEP PURPLE - PERFECT STRANGERS LIVE - EREDV1003 US $22.46 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Radio Show: BLUES DELUXE 10/17/10 DEEP PURPLE, J.LENNON, BLACK CROWES,U.S. BONDS US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
DEEP PURPLE - PERFECT STRANGERS LIVE [2CDS - EAGDV026 US $25.92 Buy It Now 1h 46m
DEEP PURPLE - THE COLLECTION - 2647042 US $7.56 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Ian Gillan "Double Trouble" Vinyl LP Record Album, 1981 ~~Deep Purple~~ US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 46m
DEEP PURPLE - 24 CARAT PURPLE - 5346922 US $12.75 Buy It Now 1h 47m
DEEP PURPLE-CHASING SHADOWS-DUTCH CASSETTE TAPE 1989 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
DEEP PURPLE-BEST OF SINGLES-RARE UNIQUE CASSETTE TAPE US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE AT MONTREUX 1996 / LIVE AT MONTREUX 2006 - EDGCD513 US $14.26 Buy It Now 1h 48m
DEEP PURPLE 24 CARAT PURPLE AUTHENTIC LP RECORD SIGNED + COA US $47.27 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE PERFECT STRANGERS AUTHENTIC LP RECORD SIGNED + COA US $47.27 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE/RELATED - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF 2) US $15.94 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Elliot Lawrence I'm In the Mood For Love & Deep Purple US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 56m
30 Stars Classic Rock 2CD Alice Cooper,Santana,Deep Purple,Kansas,Bonnie Tyler US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Earl Bostic & Orchestra Smoke Rings & Deep Purple 45 US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Deep Purple, Vinyl LP Warner Bros. Records,1973, BS 2678, Who Do We Think We Are US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h
Deep Purple 117 Guitar Tabs Software Lesson CD, 50 Backing Tracks US $6.75 [0 bids]
Nino & April - Deep Purple [CD New] US $17.35 Buy It Now 2h 8m
DEEP PURPLE:Live In London-U.S.LP Zeanonym Plattenspieler ZAP 7859 w/Insert PCV US $54.98 Buy It Now 2h 13m
DEEP PURPLE-9 TITLE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD SET BH25 US $252.50 Buy It Now 2h 26m
RARE!!!ROGER GLOVER(DEEP PURPLE)-The Butterfly Ball(with Dio,Coverdale,Hughes) US $24.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Ian Gillan(Deep Purple)-Scarabus(CD,1998, Eagle Records (Made in the EC) US $27.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
DEEP PURPLE-DEEPEST PURPLE-THE VERY BEST(JAPAN MINI Lp.CD) US $47.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Rare 1st Japan Print on CD-Deep Purple-Last Concert In Japan (WPCP-4018) US $79.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Deep Purple-Machine Head [Super Audio Hybrid CD] RARE (Jul-2003, Emi) US $69.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Glenn Hughes-Joe Lynn Turner(Deep Purple)Project (CD, Dec-2002, MTM Music) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
DEEP PURPLE 24 CARAT PURPLE HARD ROCK LP 1973 STEREO EXC ++ US $16.01 Buy It Now 2h 39m
DEEP PURPLE millennium collection PERFECT STRANGERS Dead or Alive NEW CD US $9.10 Buy It Now 2h 55m
7" 45rpm Ernest Tubb - Deep Purple Blues / Half A Mind - Decca 9-30685 US $6.40 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Deep Purple ''In Rock'' 12'' Picture Disc US $85.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Deep Purple, Who Do We Think We Are, 8-Track, Warner Bros, Tested US $2.50 [0 bids]
FANDANGO EX-DEEP PURPLE SINGER JOE LYNN TURNER'S BAND 7" US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Deep Purple: Perfect Strangers-cassette US $1.98 Buy It Now 3h 23m
TOTAL GUITAR Eric Clapton~Steppenwolf~Jimmie Vaughn~Deep Purple~John Mayall CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
WHITESNAKE Slip Of The Tongue CD 1989 Geffen Records Coverdale Deep Purple rock US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Deep Purple Best Of inc Smoke on The Water & Black Night + Cassette Tape TESTED US $8.01 Buy It Now 3h 48m
DEEP PURPLE - BATTLE RAGES ON (IMPORT) (BLU-SPEC) NEW CD US $39.19 Buy It Now 3h 49m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN STUTTGART 1993 NEW CD US $33.40 Buy It Now 3h 50m
DEEP PURPLE SMOKE IN TAIWAN 2010 RARE LIMITED 7' INCH SINGLE US $39.99 [0 bids]
TIDEWATER GRAIN-Here On The Outside/DEEP PURPLE/Grunge US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 51m
DEEP PURPLE LIVE IN NEW YORK 1973 RARE LIMITED 7' INCH SINGLE US $39.99 [0 bids]
4h
Live & Rare, Deep Purple, Acceptable US $7.65 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Deep Purple - Anthems (2000) no back cover GC0 US $0.80 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Made In Europe 12" LP PR 2995 US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
DEEP PURPLE -last concert in japan RARE TURKISH PRESSING LP 1979 US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
DEEP PURPLE-Smoke On The Water Yugoslavian 7'' PS Maxi-Single 1977 US $14.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
DEEP PURPLE - THIS TIME AROUND: LIVE IN TOKYO NEW CD US $39.91 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Deep Purple - Might Just Take Your Life 7" Single 1974 US $10.25 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Perfect Strangers Deep Purple Audio CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Whitesnake/ S/T/ 1987 release/ "Still of the Night"/ Deep Purple/ On Geffen rec. US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
DON BYAS ALL STAR QUINTET DEEP PURPLE THEM THERE EYES 10" 78 rpm RARE JAMBOREE US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Deep Purple - Deepest Purple (The Very Best of , 1990) CD US $8.01 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Deep Purple Burn TPS 3505 1974 A1 B1 1st Press Vinyl LP - VGC US $1.59 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Fireball SHVL 793 A2 B3 1971 1st Press Vinyl LP Excellent Condition US $1.59 [1 bids]
Deep Purple In Rock FA3011 1970 A7 B4 Vinyl LP - VGC US $1.59 [1 bids]
Deep Purple Machine Head TPSA 7504 1972 A10 B10 GB Press Vinyl LP - VGC US $1.59 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Perfect Strangers POLH 16 1984 A1 B1 1st Press Vinyl LP - VGC US $1.59 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Purple People TPSS 1 A1 B1 1st Press Vinyl LP - Excellent Condition US $3.52 [3 bids]
deep purple US $2.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - 24 Carat Purple - Rare 1975 German Purple label 8-track vinyl LP US $40.04 Buy It Now 4h 40m
DEEP PURPLE - Burn - 1970s UK issue of the 1974 8-track vinyl LP US $40.04 Buy It Now 4h 40m
EAGLES PROCUL HARUM RAINBOW FOREIGNER SURVIVOR DEEP PURPLE DVD KARAOKE 200 songs US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
DEEP PURPLE-THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE-JAPAN CD C00 US $15.50 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Super Deluxe) [CD New] US $207.51 Buy It Now 5h
DEEP PURPLE The Book of Taliesyn Vinyl LP SHVL751 ASIAN IMPORT US $320.43 Buy It Now 5h
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD UK LP - INSERT/ POSTER INC. TPSA 7504 US $18.43 [14 bids]
DEEP PURPLE SLAVES & MASTERS Japan mini lp CD SEALED US $7.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE the battle rages on Japan mini lp CD Sealed US $7.99 [0 bids]
RAVENS: Deep Purple / Leave My Gal Alone (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 15m
DEEP PURPLE Purpendicular Japan mini lp CD SEALED US $11.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - The House of Blue Light - 1987 Polygram Records POLH 32 Vinyl US $32.05 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Live At Montreux 1996 (Bonus Tracks) - Deep Purple US $7.73 Buy It Now 5h 31m
DEEP PURPLE GREEK 6 X PROMO CD SET FIREBALL MACHINE HEAD MADE IN JAPAN UNIQUE US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(16%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(31%)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water reviews

Review by WaywardSon
4 stars Well this isn´t Made In Japan, but it still has some great moments. The highlights here are "Anyone´s daughter" "Perfect Strangers" and an extended version of "Anya" with some great playing by Blackmore.

Listening on headphones, one can still hear the great duelling between Blackmore and Lord on tracks like "Highway Star" One thing I picked up on "Child in Time" is that there is a backing track! If you listen carefully you can hear the Made In Japan voice in the background to help Gillan along! That is my only real complaint about this album, but besides that, and the fueding between Blackmore and Gillan, it is still a great album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#86061) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I got this one from my brother somewhere in 2001. It had been a very long time ago since I had listened to the Purple any more (I will change my mind though in 2003). My first feeling was : whow ! One of the band I loved the most in my youth (back to '70- 73) had produced another great live album (in the meantime, I have discovered about another fifteen of those).

Honestly the more you listen to it, the more you notice its defects : some of their gigantic songs are not very well played here : "Highway Star" and "Black Night" for instance : I just hate the audience responding with their oh, oh ; oh, oh to Ritchie's riff ; this is a reminiscence of my "No More Heroes" period which I still very much use as a guideline nowadays. So, when I go and see them, I am always suffering.

This tour was supporting their last studio album, so we get "A Twist In The Tale" and more interesting "Anya" which is IMO, the best track of this live album. Quite extended version, great keys : the Purple as we like : all mighty and harmonious at the same time.

The clash between Ritchie and Ian was rising again : this time, Ian will get rid of Ritchie (I guess he was so impossible to live with, than the other members of the band could hardly go into another direction). Ritchie's rendition in "Highway Star" is pretty weak. His traditionally fabulous guitar solo in "Child In Time" is cut down here. There are a few organ breaks from Jon that are totally out of purpose in the context of the song (don't get me wrong : I have always appreciate Jon's work, but this is not the Child In Time we all want to hear). Gillan is great though.

"Speed King" starts with "God Save The ... King" I guess; then skips the wonderful noisy intro of the studio album to enter straight into the track. The band then develops an average jam and suddenly play the "Burn" intro for 15 seconds ... A bit too much of a mixing for me.

A two minutes almost classical guitar intro will lead to "Smoke". This one was not at all my favorite on "Machine Head" but turned to be a Purple anthem after their MIJ adventure. This version is great (till 6'30" when Gillan asked the audience participation and is quite useless from then on).

There is a Japanese / US version of this live effort with three additional tracks Lazy (4'18"), Space truckin' (2'39") and Woman From Tokyo (1'53"). Since I only have access to the European version I can only be suspicious about these "bonus tracks" : the Purple used to play over twenty minutes gig for "Space Truckin", so a bit more than two minutes sounds a bit strange. They will be used to a very short format for "Woman" unfortunately. This album is quite average and I would rate it 5 out of 10. Since I am biased with the band, I will upgrade it to three stars.

If you really want to get hold on their best live album (IMO), you should grab their "In Concert" from the BBC (double CD : one from the "In Rock" era the other one from "Machine Head") : this has never ever been achieved again (you can read my review of this one for a ... deeper description).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107406) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Going, going..gone!

Recorded during Deep Purple's 25th Anniversary tour in 1993, this CD was released some seven years before the DVD with the same title. The reformed mark 2 classic line up were on a world tour when their performances were captured in Germany and the UK.

The then current album "The battle rages on" contributes two of the nine tracks, including the decent "Anya". There is plenty of the classic Deep Purple here too, indeed this collection overlaps significantly with the "Nobody's perfect" set from six or so years before, and to a lesser extend with "Made in Japan".

In terms of the performances, Blackmore's guitar work is wonderful of course, but from time to time he misses his cue as, it has to be said, does Ian Gillan. At the time Blackmore was on the verge of leaving the band for what would appear to be the final time, deciding to abandon the band prior to the Japanese leg of the tour.

The classic Deep Purple songs such as "Highway star", "Child in time", "Black night", "Smoke on the water", etc. are all present, joined by the newer classic "Perfect strangers". The latter song is every bit as good as the "Made in Japan" favourites. The only week point really is the aforementioned title track from "Battle rages on" which is received politely by the audience. "Speed king", omitted from the DVD version, is given a spirited run through and there is a very effective lighter section where "Anyone's daughter" from the "Fireball" album is given a fine dusting down.

In all, a highly enjoyable live album from Deep Purple. In view of the numerous high quality live offerings available from them it is far from essential, indeed I would recommend the DVD of the same name which includes interviews with four of the band members (guess who's missing!), and many more tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#111643) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars To celebrate the end of holiday season, last night I played loud this Deep Purple Come Hell or High Water CD at my car while driving home. Yeah ..! It rocked, man! It's really fit the situation because the first track was Highway Star (6:40) where I can hear Gillan still rock with his old age, actually. Ian Paice drumming is also top notch! He played his drum set like crazy. I like his style of drum playing. Ritchie performed his solo differently from other concerts. And ..of course Uncle Jon Lord still played great Hammond and keyboard throughout the song. Roger Glover played his bass dynamically. One thing interesting was Gillan still performed his high register notes vocal work. Black Night (5:40) as usual...involving the crowd to sing along Oooo ..oooo ... OOO ... Oooo!!!. This is one of the interesting thing that Deep Purple has always done with their live concerts. Ritchie performed his solo combined with Lord's keyboard work. Usually Gillan commented Superb! but this time he said Unbelievable! responding to the crowd shouts.

A Twist in the Tail (4:27) has been rarely performed on stage but this time it had a chance. The song reminds me to Rainbow's Lost In Hollywood in its rhythm section. Perfect Strangers (6:52) was responded highly by the crowd especially during the part where Glover played riffs with his bass guitar like Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Anyone's Daughter (3:57) is a country-based music that I skipped last night because it's not rocking at all. Child in Time (10:48) was performed excellently with great keyboard work by Lord and powerful vocal line by Gillan. The other three tracks are also excellent with Anva (12:13), Speed King (7:29) and Smoke on the water (10:26). It was a surprise that part of Burn, especially the introduction, was also inserted. Unfortunately no vocal because I don't think Gillan is willing to sing Coverdale's tune.

Overall, this is a very good live performance by Deep Purple who is still rocking!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#184823) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 stars Excellent performance! This album is a great selection of DP's songs, played by the better mark, and recorded with 90's technologies. The 'jam sessions' generated between Lord and Blackmore are exciting. As always, Paice and Glover made a base that sustains a 20- floor-building. The Gillan's v ... (read more)

Report this review (#117776) | Posted by Marcos | Monday, April 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going on with my search of live Deep Purple albums, I found this one about 3 months ago. I felt extremely seduced by the fact that this is played by the "classic" line-up (Gillan/Blackmore/Glover/Lord/Paice), AND in the 90s (specifically on 1993, parts from two concerts, mostly in Stuttgart, Germ ... (read more)

Report this review (#103563) | Posted by Barla | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This definately not essential in my opinion (Especially seeing as it is a compilation). I do enjoy the original recordings of these songs although am not a big Deep Purple fan, neither do I ever enjoy live versions more than the proper ones. This is why i was dissapointed when i bought it, tak ... (read more)

Report this review (#75895) | Posted by ProgHappy | Saturday, April 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think it was taken from the last tour of the classic MK II line-up. Richie Blackmore doesn't want to be there. If he doesn't play anything, he goes to the backstage. At the end of the concert, he suddenly disappears. It's really annoying. His solos are at his worst and it affects all the ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#47488) | Posted by Tichy | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars celebrating their 25th anniversary, Deep Purple record this amazing live album, full of classics. I love this album, it was the first thing that i heard of this amazing group, and i think that the songs chosen for this album are perfects, the sound is perfect and the 5 members were on fire!!!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#46723) | Posted by frippertronik | Thursday, September 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "Come Hell Or High Water"