COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Live, released in 1994

1. Highway Star (6:40)
2. Black Night (5:40)
3. A Twist in the Tail (4:27)
4. Perfect Strangers (6:52)
5. Anyone's Daughter (3:57)
6. Child in Time (10:48)
7. Anya (12:13)
8. Speed King (7:29)
9. Smoke on the Water (10:26)

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water tabs

- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars
- Ian Gillan / vocals
- Roger Glover / bass
- Jon Lord / keyboards
- Ian Paice / drums

produced engineered and mixed by pat regan. mixed at new century media studios - los angeles. CA. mastered by george marino at sterling sound, NYC. recorded live at the hans-martin-schleyer-halle stuttgart. germany - october 16. 1993 and the nec birmingham. england - november 9. 1993

Thanks to frippertronik for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water Music

Very Best of Deep PurpleVery Best of Deep Purple
Rhino 2000
Perfect StrangersPerfect Strangers
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mercury 1999
Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'
Imports 2014
Made in JapanMade in Japan
Warner Off Roster 1990
BurnBurn
Rhino 2005
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Machine HeadMachine Head
Rhino Flashback 2011
LP SARAH VAUGHAN DEEP PURPLE HARMONY HS-11318 VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
30m 50s
Ted Nugent, Dio, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton, Rory Gallagher, Yes - U.S. PROMO cd US $11.98 Buy It Now 36m 31s
Deep Purple Machine Head Vinyl Record 12" Lp US $8.00 [0 bids]
38m 13s
Deep Purple When We Rock We Rock...vinyl Record 12" Lp US $4.00 [0 bids]
38m 47s
DEEP PURPLE Live At Montreux 1996 LIMITED 180G VINYL LP US $41.43 Buy It Now 42m 32s
DEEP PURPLE "Hecho en Europa" Hard Rock, RARE IEMPSA ODEON PERU LP ? US $15.00 Buy It Now 43m 30s
DEEP PURPLE Smoke On The Water 40th Anniversary RSD Limited 7 Inch Vinyl Single US $24.85 Buy It Now 44m 14s
Deep Purple-The Book Of Taliesyn LP 1968 VG+ Condition US $4.99 [0 bids]
50m 46s
The best Deep Purple & Rainbow GREEK CD ALBUM COMPILATION UNIQUE1993 no promo US $24.99 [0 bids]
52m 15s
DEEP PURPLE "Come Taste The Band" (ORG,VERY RARE UK PRESS)Rainbow,Led Zeppelin US $24.99 Buy It Now 52m 52s
Jerry Murad's Harmonicats: "Malaguena" & "Deep Purple" - 7" 33 Stereo - Nr Mt! US $1.50 [0 bids]
53m 45s
DEEP PURPLE - NOW WHAT?! BOX SET (UK) NEW CD US $83.81 Buy It Now 55m 11s
DEEP PURPLE WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE! BS 2678 VINYL LP 1972 PLAYS GREAT! VG++!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h
Pop 45 Donny And Marie - Deep Purple / I'M Leaving It All Up To You On Polydor I US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Deep Purple Record 7" 45 Rpm Fireball / Demon's Eye Single HAR 5045 UK 1971 US $4.99 [0 bids]
MENU Hot Platters 2 LP Kinks Fanny, T Rex, Deep Purple US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BURN BY DEEP PURPLE 30th Anniversary Edition EU IMPORT CD WITH 5 BONUS TRACKS US $35.00 [0 bids]
MADE IN AMERICA-Gloria Estefan-DEEP PURPLE-Lisa Fischer US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 24m
TOMMY BOLIN RECORD private eyes LP james gang Deep Purple VgVg SHIPS US FREE '76 US $12.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE: HARD ROAD, KENTUCKY WOMAN US $8.98 Buy It Now 1h 29m
DEEP PURPLE: KNOCKING AT YOUR BACK DOOR, WASTED SUNSETS US $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 30m
DEEP PURPLE Fireball P-8092W LP AD1808 US $14.50 [7 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Made in Europe P-10262W LP Ad1810 US $7.99 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "NM WAX" Live in Japan P-5066 2LP AD1784 US $7.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Deep Purple Live in Japan P-5506W 2LP AC2893 US $7.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "NM WAX" Machine Head P-8224W LP AD1819 US $7.99 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "NM WAX" 24 Carat Purple P-10029W OBI LP Ac5780 US $7.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Burn P-10104W LP Ac2891 US $10.00 [2 bids]
DEEP PURPLE HUSH/ONE MORE RAINY DAY 45RPM TETRAGRAMMATON RECORDS T-1503 US $23.95 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Deep Purple Circus Khrone 1970 Live cd US $40.00 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Mob Rules Sealed 1st Press 1981 USA LP Ozzy Osbourne Deep Purple US $73.95 Buy It Now 1h 43m
DEEP PURPLE BURN PROMO TOUR POSTER 1974,LED ZEPPELIN,BLACK SABBATH.ROCK US $87.31 [15 bids]
vintage David Rose & Orchestra 'Deep Purple' (Metro, Vinyl, LP) record US $0.99 [0 bids]
Paul Whiteman & Concert Orch Deep Purple / Park Avenue Fantasy 12" 78 US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Slaves and Masters - Deep Purple (Cassette 1990, RCA) in NM US $9.09 Buy It Now 1h 54m
COZY POWELL TEMA UNO 7" ARGENTI DEEP PURPLE PRO US $19.00 Buy It Now 1h 57m
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN EUROPE LP BRAZIL US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN EUROPE LP PERU US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN EUROPE TAPE ARGENTINA US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN 2 LPs ARGENTI GATEFOLD US $41.00 Buy It Now 2h
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN 2 LPs ARGENTI GATEFOLD PRO US $105.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN 2 LPs PERU US $55.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
DEEP PURPLE QUIEN NOS CREEMOS LP ARGENTI GFOLD US $23.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
DEEP PURPLE QUIEN NOS CREEMOS LP URUGUAY US $44.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
DEEP PURPLE STORMBRINGER LP PERU LAM US $33.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF THE BLUE LIGHT LP ARGENTINA US $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF THE BLUE LIGHT LP PRO ARGENTI US $31.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF THE BLUE LIGHT LP VENEZUELA US $27.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF THE BLUE LIGTH LP URUGUAY US $27.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
DEEP PURPLE / STORMBRINGER / CASSETTE TAPE / EMI (PURPLE) 1974 UK US $7.41 Buy It Now 2h 3m
CANADA 1970s ROCK 45 RPM DEEP PURPLE : SMOKE ON THE WATER (EDITED VERSION) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
The House Of The Blue Light - Deep Purple (Cassette 1988, Mercury) in NM US $7.49 Buy It Now 2h 9m
JON LORD - Gemini Suite LP US Capitol gatefold Albert Lee Deep Purple US $9.96 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Deep Purple & Friends-Purple & Other Colours (CD 2003) US $8.27 Buy It Now 2h 14m
IAN GILLAN - No More Laughs With * RARE LIVE - FAN CLUB RELEASE (DEEP PURPLE) US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
DEEP PURPLE STING ELTON JOHN R VALENS 12" PRO ARGENTINA US $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Deep Purple Perfect Strangers (1984) Peter Frampton Frampton comes alive US $0.75 [0 bids]

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water reviews

Review by WaywardSon
4 stars Well this isn´t Made In Japan, but it still has some great moments. The highlights here are "Anyone´s daughter" "Perfect Strangers" and an extended version of "Anya" with some great playing by Blackmore.

Listening on headphones, one can still hear the great duelling between Blackmore and Lord on tracks like "Highway Star" One thing I picked up on "Child in Time" is that there is a backing track! If you listen carefully you can hear the Made In Japan voice in the background to help Gillan along! That is my only real complaint about this album, but besides that, and the fueding between Blackmore and Gillan, it is still a great album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#86061) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I got this one from my brother somewhere in 2001. It had been a very long time ago since I had listened to the Purple any more (I will change my mind though in 2003). My first feeling was : whow ! One of the band I loved the most in my youth (back to '70- 73) had produced another great live album (in the meantime, I have discovered about another fifteen of those).

Honestly the more you listen to it, the more you notice its defects : some of their gigantic songs are not very well played here : "Highway Star" and "Black Night" for instance : I just hate the audience responding with their oh, oh ; oh, oh to Ritchie's riff ; this is a reminiscence of my "No More Heroes" period which I still very much use as a guideline nowadays. So, when I go and see them, I am always suffering.

This tour was supporting their last studio album, so we get "A Twist In The Tale" and more interesting "Anya" which is IMO, the best track of this live album. Quite extended version, great keys : the Purple as we like : all mighty and harmonious at the same time.

The clash between Ritchie and Ian was rising again : this time, Ian will get rid of Ritchie (I guess he was so impossible to live with, than the other members of the band could hardly go into another direction). Ritchie's rendition in "Highway Star" is pretty weak. His traditionally fabulous guitar solo in "Child In Time" is cut down here. There are a few organ breaks from Jon that are totally out of purpose in the context of the song (don't get me wrong : I have always appreciate Jon's work, but this is not the Child In Time we all want to hear). Gillan is great though.

"Speed King" starts with "God Save The ... King" I guess; then skips the wonderful noisy intro of the studio album to enter straight into the track. The band then develops an average jam and suddenly play the "Burn" intro for 15 seconds ... A bit too much of a mixing for me.

A two minutes almost classical guitar intro will lead to "Smoke". This one was not at all my favorite on "Machine Head" but turned to be a Purple anthem after their MIJ adventure. This version is great (till 6'30" when Gillan asked the audience participation and is quite useless from then on).

There is a Japanese / US version of this live effort with three additional tracks Lazy (4'18"), Space truckin' (2'39") and Woman From Tokyo (1'53"). Since I only have access to the European version I can only be suspicious about these "bonus tracks" : the Purple used to play over twenty minutes gig for "Space Truckin", so a bit more than two minutes sounds a bit strange. They will be used to a very short format for "Woman" unfortunately. This album is quite average and I would rate it 5 out of 10. Since I am biased with the band, I will upgrade it to three stars.

If you really want to get hold on their best live album (IMO), you should grab their "In Concert" from the BBC (double CD : one from the "In Rock" era the other one from "Machine Head") : this has never ever been achieved again (you can read my review of this one for a ... deeper description).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107406) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Going, going..gone!

Recorded during Deep Purple's 25th Anniversary tour in 1993, this CD was released some seven years before the DVD with the same title. The reformed mark 2 classic line up were on a world tour when their performances were captured in Germany and the UK.

The then current album "The battle rages on" contributes two of the nine tracks, including the decent "Anya". There is plenty of the classic Deep Purple here too, indeed this collection overlaps significantly with the "Nobody's perfect" set from six or so years before, and to a lesser extend with "Made in Japan".

In terms of the performances, Blackmore's guitar work is wonderful of course, but from time to time he misses his cue as, it has to be said, does Ian Gillan. At the time Blackmore was on the verge of leaving the band for what would appear to be the final time, deciding to abandon the band prior to the Japanese leg of the tour.

The classic Deep Purple songs such as "Highway star", "Child in time", "Black night", "Smoke on the water", etc. are all present, joined by the newer classic "Perfect strangers". The latter song is every bit as good as the "Made in Japan" favourites. The only week point really is the aforementioned title track from "Battle rages on" which is received politely by the audience. "Speed king", omitted from the DVD version, is given a spirited run through and there is a very effective lighter section where "Anyone's daughter" from the "Fireball" album is given a fine dusting down.

In all, a highly enjoyable live album from Deep Purple. In view of the numerous high quality live offerings available from them it is far from essential, indeed I would recommend the DVD of the same name which includes interviews with four of the band members (guess who's missing!), and many more tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#111643) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars To celebrate the end of holiday season, last night I played loud this Deep Purple Come Hell or High Water CD at my car while driving home. Yeah ..! It rocked, man! It's really fit the situation because the first track was Highway Star (6:40) where I can hear Gillan still rock with his old age, actually. Ian Paice drumming is also top notch! He played his drum set like crazy. I like his style of drum playing. Ritchie performed his solo differently from other concerts. And ..of course Uncle Jon Lord still played great Hammond and keyboard throughout the song. Roger Glover played his bass dynamically. One thing interesting was Gillan still performed his high register notes vocal work. Black Night (5:40) as usual...involving the crowd to sing along Oooo ..oooo ... OOO ... Oooo!!!. This is one of the interesting thing that Deep Purple has always done with their live concerts. Ritchie performed his solo combined with Lord's keyboard work. Usually Gillan commented Superb! but this time he said Unbelievable! responding to the crowd shouts.

A Twist in the Tail (4:27) has been rarely performed on stage but this time it had a chance. The song reminds me to Rainbow's Lost In Hollywood in its rhythm section. Perfect Strangers (6:52) was responded highly by the crowd especially during the part where Glover played riffs with his bass guitar like Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Anyone's Daughter (3:57) is a country-based music that I skipped last night because it's not rocking at all. Child in Time (10:48) was performed excellently with great keyboard work by Lord and powerful vocal line by Gillan. The other three tracks are also excellent with Anva (12:13), Speed King (7:29) and Smoke on the water (10:26). It was a surprise that part of Burn, especially the introduction, was also inserted. Unfortunately no vocal because I don't think Gillan is willing to sing Coverdale's tune.

Overall, this is a very good live performance by Deep Purple who is still rocking!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#184823) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 stars Excellent performance! This album is a great selection of DP's songs, played by the better mark, and recorded with 90's technologies. The 'jam sessions' generated between Lord and Blackmore are exciting. As always, Paice and Glover made a base that sustains a 20- floor-building. The Gillan's v ... (read more)

Report this review (#117776) | Posted by Marcos | Monday, April 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going on with my search of live Deep Purple albums, I found this one about 3 months ago. I felt extremely seduced by the fact that this is played by the "classic" line-up (Gillan/Blackmore/Glover/Lord/Paice), AND in the 90s (specifically on 1993, parts from two concerts, mostly in Stuttgart, Germ ... (read more)

Report this review (#103563) | Posted by Barla | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This definately not essential in my opinion (Especially seeing as it is a compilation). I do enjoy the original recordings of these songs although am not a big Deep Purple fan, neither do I ever enjoy live versions more than the proper ones. This is why i was dissapointed when i bought it, tak ... (read more)

Report this review (#75895) | Posted by ProgHappy | Saturday, April 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think it was taken from the last tour of the classic MK II line-up. Richie Blackmore doesn't want to be there. If he doesn't play anything, he goes to the backstage. At the end of the concert, he suddenly disappears. It's really annoying. His solos are at his worst and it affects all the ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#47488) | Posted by Tichy | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars celebrating their 25th anniversary, Deep Purple record this amazing live album, full of classics. I love this album, it was the first thing that i heard of this amazing group, and i think that the songs chosen for this album are perfects, the sound is perfect and the 5 members were on fire!!!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#46723) | Posted by frippertronik | Thursday, September 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "Come Hell Or High Water"