COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Live, released in 1994

1. Highway Star (6:40)
2. Black Night (5:40)
3. A Twist in the Tail (4:27)
4. Perfect Strangers (6:52)
5. Anyone's Daughter (3:57)
6. Child in Time (10:48)
7. Anya (12:13)
8. Speed King (7:29)
9. Smoke on the Water (10:26)

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water tabs

- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars
- Ian Gillan / vocals
- Roger Glover / bass
- Jon Lord / keyboards
- Ian Paice / drums

produced engineered and mixed by pat regan. mixed at new century media studios - los angeles. CA. mastered by george marino at sterling sound, NYC. recorded live at the hans-martin-schleyer-halle stuttgart. germany - october 16. 1993 and the nec birmingham. england - november 9. 1993

Thanks to frippertronik for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water Music

Very Best of Deep PurpleVery Best of Deep Purple
Rhino 2000
Perfect StrangersPerfect Strangers
Remastered · Extra tracks
Island / Mercury 1999
Made In Japan (Limited Edition Deluxe Boxed Set)Made In Japan (Limited Edition Deluxe Boxed Set)
Box set
Eagle Rock Ent 2005
DVD$8.09
Come Hell or High Water by Deep Purple (CD, 1994, RCA/BMG) US $5.99 [0 bids]
36m 8s
1985, Deep Purple, "The Anthology", 2 Disc Set on Deep Purple Vinyl, Blackmore US $64.99 [0 bids]
42m 28s
Deep Purple Machine Head CD US $7.50 [0 bids]
44m 38s
IAN GILLAN toolbox + 3 PROMO UK 12" single deep purple US $3.00 [0 bids]
49m 28s
DEEP PURPLE -Golden Hit KOREA Only LP Blue cvr US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
DEEP PURPLE - WHEN WE ROCK WE ROLL AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL - ORIGINAL LP US $3.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers" & "When We Rock ..." Vinyl Records US $8.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Live LP Obi Japan Promo Heavy Metal Rare US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Deepest Purple - The Very Best Of Deep Purple Vinyl Record US $8.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Burn LP Japan Promo Heavy Metal Mega Rare US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
TOMMY BOLIN Teaser 1975 USA VINYL LP EXCELLENT CONDITION BL 37534 Deep Purple US $42.04 Buy It Now 1h 40m
DEEP PURPLE sheet music ,WORDS BY MITCHELL PARISH,MUSIC BY PETER DE ROSE US $16.82 Buy It Now 2h
DEEP PURPLE LAST CONCERT IN JAPAN JAPAN CD SEALED US $30.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple / Live In Europe 1993 JAPAN 4CD-BOX NEW!!!!! C US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Deep Purple / Purple Chronicle -best selection of 25th anniversary JAPAN 3CDBOX US $99.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Deep Purple LP Japan Only Cover Hard Rock Warner Bros FCPA 1034 w/ lyric sheet US $52.50 Buy It Now 2h 22m
TETRAGRAMMATON 60s rock 45 DEEP PURPLE - Hush + One More Rainy Day NICE US $3.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM Record DEEP PURPLE BY NINO TEMPO & APRIL STEVENS US $7.99 [0 bids]
Friend Of Mine Rock Giants CD w/Deep Purple ELO Nazareth Ten Years After Angel US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
JACKIE GLEASON LP "Best" 196? {Capitol} NM More~Ipanema~Deep Purple~Days Of Wine US $8.96 Buy It Now 2h 52m
DEEP PURPLE MARK I & II 2 LP set NM GERMAN RELEASE US $14.98 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Deep Purple Music Masters Collection Box Set 4 DVD US $43.72 Buy It Now 3h 3m
RITCHIE BLACKMORE - Rock Profile Vol. 1 (Connoisseur, UK) - DEEP PURPLE - IMP CD US $24.99 [0 bids]
RITCHIE BLACKMORE - Rock Profile Vol. 2 (Connoisseur, UK) - DEEP PURPLE - IMP CD US $24.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE JAPAN OBI BURRN ISSUE MACHINE HEAD NM MINT- US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
DEEP PURPLE NOBODY'S PERFECT ORIGINAL LIMITED EDITION CD / LP COVER ART POSTER US $24.95 Buy It Now 3h 4m
RITCHIE BLACKMORE - Take It! Sessions 63/68 (RPM Records, UK) DEEP PURPLE - IMP US $24.99 [0 bids]
IAN GILLAN - Rock Profile (Connoisseur Collection, UK) - DEEP PURPLE - IMP CD US $24.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple "Who Do We Think We Are!" LP Holland Import Near Mint US $27.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DEEP PURPLE Cassette Lot NWOBHM TAPES rare Heavy Metal SMOKE ON THE WATER Rock US $8.88 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - STORMBRINGER - LP Platinum Disc US $201.88 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Deep Purple ?- Machine Head Turkish Edt. LP Yellow Stateside 1973 Free P+P US $75.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Made In Europe P-10262 NM! Japan OBI EB645 US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Deep Purple The Book of Taliesyn sealed Cassette US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rare Greek ORG 45 DEEP PURPLE Woman From Tokyo / Black Night on HARVEST US $24.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Made In Japan ** Jukebox 33 EP ** orig. US 1973 with sleeve US $48.33 [21 bids]
The House of Blue Light by Deep Purple (CD, Polydor) Blackmore, Ian Gillan US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Deep Purple Powerhouse LP EX+ Purple Records US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
DEEP PURPLE**NOW WHAT?! (LIMITED EDITION/BONUS)**2 CD SET US $13.95 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Deep Purple Book of Taliesyn Shades Of Deep Purple April CD box set Out Of Print US $69.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Black Night & Speed King - Turkey & Turkish Edition PS 7" US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Deep Purple Who Do We Think We Are Audio Fidelity Gold 24k CD New! Sealed! US $32.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
CSJ-823 The Book of Taliesyn DEEP PURPLE Taiwan Import Record Kentucky Woman US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Deep Purple - The Platinum Collection NEW 3 x CD US $14.90 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Ian Gillan Gillan's Inn Deluxe Edition CD / DVD rare Deep Purple Joe Satriani US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Deep Purple-Schwung 2004,Roeselare,Belgium,Classic Rock Festival, concert poster US $6.44 Buy It Now 4h 24m
GILLAN toolbox CASSETTE TAPE 1991 - hard rock/heavy metal/deep purple US $4.19 Buy It Now 4h 32m
DEEP PURPLE PERKS AND TIT US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
DEEP PURPLE IN CONCERT 1970/1972 JAPAN 2CD wOBI 2800yen US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Deep Purple The Singles A's And B's US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Original 1968 Deep Purple The Book Of Taliesysn LP Album Vinyl Record T-107 US $52.79 Buy It Now 4h 46m
DEEP PURPLE Slaves And Masters Digipak CD With 3 Bonus Tracks NEW US $15.06 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Deep Purple, Kentucky Woman / Hard Road. US $2.99 [0 bids]
Frankie Carle, Penthouse Serenade/Deep Purple/Sunrise Serenade/Falling Leaves. US $2.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Come Taste the Band Japanese CD - 24HR POST US $16.74 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Ian Gillan Band: Live at Budokan Vol. 1 & 2 UK 2xLP, Deep Purple US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
DEEP PURPLE WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE LP US $16.00 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Deepest Purple: The Very Best of Deep Purple by Deep Purple (CD, 1989,Holland) US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
1973 Sounds Of The Seventies CD TIME LIFE deep purple WAR lou reed US $2.26 [3 bids]
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL LP RECORD VG+ US $12.95 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Deep Purple - Stormbringer P-8524 Japan LP Led Zeppelin Black Sabbath AC/DC Kiss US $7.99 [0 bids]
Shades of Deep Purple LP Sweden, Harvest US $10.99 Buy It Now 5h 37m
DEEP PURPLE LP"DEEP PURPLE IN ROCK"1970 HARVEST UK ORIG.-VG/VG+ US $20.19 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Deepest Purple (The Very Best of , 1990) CD US $8.92 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Deep Purple Who do We Think We Are original mint French Purple Recs 1973 US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Deep Purple - Concerto For Group And Orchestra NEW 2CD US $15.23 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Donny & Marie Osmond: "Deep Purple" & "Take Me Back Again" - '75 Pop - Nr Mint! US $1.50 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE**STORMBRINGER (REMASTERED)**CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 53m
DEEP PURPLE**FIREBALL (GATEFOLD/180 GRAM)**VINYL US $24.95 Buy It Now 5h 53m
LP Record - Deep Purple - Made In Japan US $74.99 [0 bids]
LP Record - Deep Purple / Made In Europe US $19.99 [0 bids]
LP Record - Deep Purple / Stormbringer US $34.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Stormbringer mint original German Purple records beautiful US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Billy Ward And His Dominoes Deep Purple/Do It Again LB-769 45 RPM Vinyl US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Deep Purple and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra 1970 Stereo LP Vinyl US $14.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE 1973 gatefold vinyl LP PURPLE US $16.81 [0 bids]
LP / DEEP PURPLE - THE BOOK OF TALIESYN NEW LP SEALED VINYL - NEW US $12.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "Shades of Deep Purple" LP / Record / Vinyl 1968 - Very Good Cond US $13.53 [3 bids]
Deep Purple - Made in Japan - LP / Album / Vinyl - Good Condition US $10.00 [0 bids]
? Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers (Mercury 824 003) (with "Mean Streak") US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
BLACK SABBATH Live at Last LP Metallica AC/DC Deep Purple Ozzy Osbourne Holland US $10.09 [12 bids]
DEEP PURPLE HUSH 45 MOD FREAKBEAT CLASSIC HAMMOND ORGAN US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Deepest Purple - Deep Purple (CD 1989) US $9.77 Buy It Now 6h 39m
DEEP PURPLE - "MACHINE HEAD" (SMOKE ON THE WATER) - LP / Vinyl / Album US $5.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Phoenix Rising Blu Ray Rock Music Video Brand NEW Sealed US $36.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
DEEP PURPLE - Made In Japan, 1974 UK DOUBLE-LP/ inners..... CLEAN COPY US $10.08 [1 bids]
Deep Purple This Time Around: Live In Tokyo (Rmst) CD NEW US $28.69 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Deep Purple: S/T ST Self Titled Same CD 2000 Remaster Bonus Tracks Spitfire US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Deep Purple Stormbringer vinyl LP original inner sleeve promo Warner Brothers US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Deep Purple "Made in Japan" (Vinyl Record/Album 1973) used US $3.75 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE-NOW WHAT?! LIVE TAPES-JAPAN MINI LP 2 SHM-CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed US $59.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
DEEP PURPLE -Powerhouse TURKISH PRESSING LP US $50.00 Buy It Now 6h 57m
DEEP PURPLE - POWERHOUSE 1977 vinyl LP PURPLE TPS 3510 UK A1/B1 US $12.62 [0 bids]
Deep Purple ICON Smoke On The Water 13 SONG Collection HUNGRY DAZE New Seale US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
DEEP PURPLE - PERFECT STRANGERS 1984 vinyl LP POLYDOR POLH 16 UK A1/B1 + in sl US $10.08 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN EUROPE LP IN SHRINK US $14.00 Buy It Now 7h 9m
DEEP PURPLE IN CONCERT 2-LPS 70-72 SHOWS US $18.00 Buy It Now 7h 9m
DEEP PURPLE-3 Japan Mini-LP Lot (NO OBI) MINT US $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 14m
DEEP PURPLE COME TASTE THE BAND UK 1975 G'FOLD TOP SOUNDING 1U KENDUN 1ST PRESS US $25.15 [0 bids]
Deep Purple The Singles Sides A & B Vinyl lp Spanish Titles 1968/1971 Harvest US $39.00 Buy It Now 7h 19m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(36%)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water reviews

Review by WaywardSon
4 stars Well this isn´t Made In Japan, but it still has some great moments. The highlights here are "Anyone´s daughter" "Perfect Strangers" and an extended version of "Anya" with some great playing by Blackmore.

Listening on headphones, one can still hear the great duelling between Blackmore and Lord on tracks like "Highway Star" One thing I picked up on "Child in Time" is that there is a backing track! If you listen carefully you can hear the Made In Japan voice in the background to help Gillan along! That is my only real complaint about this album, but besides that, and the fueding between Blackmore and Gillan, it is still a great album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#86061) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I got this one from my brother somewhere in 2001. It had been a very long time ago since I had listened to the Purple any more (I will change my mind though in 2003). My first feeling was : whow ! One of the band I loved the most in my youth (back to '70- 73) had produced another great live album (in the meantime, I have discovered about another fifteen of those).

Honestly the more you listen to it, the more you notice its defects : some of their gigantic songs are not very well played here : "Highway Star" and "Black Night" for instance : I just hate the audience responding with their oh, oh ; oh, oh to Ritchie's riff ; this is a reminiscence of my "No More Heroes" period which I still very much use as a guideline nowadays. So, when I go and see them, I am always suffering.

This tour was supporting their last studio album, so we get "A Twist In The Tale" and more interesting "Anya" which is IMO, the best track of this live album. Quite extended version, great keys : the Purple as we like : all mighty and harmonious at the same time.

The clash between Ritchie and Ian was rising again : this time, Ian will get rid of Ritchie (I guess he was so impossible to live with, than the other members of the band could hardly go into another direction). Ritchie's rendition in "Highway Star" is pretty weak. His traditionally fabulous guitar solo in "Child In Time" is cut down here. There are a few organ breaks from Jon that are totally out of purpose in the context of the song (don't get me wrong : I have always appreciate Jon's work, but this is not the Child In Time we all want to hear). Gillan is great though.

"Speed King" starts with "God Save The ... King" I guess; then skips the wonderful noisy intro of the studio album to enter straight into the track. The band then develops an average jam and suddenly play the "Burn" intro for 15 seconds ... A bit too much of a mixing for me.

A two minutes almost classical guitar intro will lead to "Smoke". This one was not at all my favorite on "Machine Head" but turned to be a Purple anthem after their MIJ adventure. This version is great (till 6'30" when Gillan asked the audience participation and is quite useless from then on).

There is a Japanese / US version of this live effort with three additional tracks Lazy (4'18"), Space truckin' (2'39") and Woman From Tokyo (1'53"). Since I only have access to the European version I can only be suspicious about these "bonus tracks" : the Purple used to play over twenty minutes gig for "Space Truckin", so a bit more than two minutes sounds a bit strange. They will be used to a very short format for "Woman" unfortunately. This album is quite average and I would rate it 5 out of 10. Since I am biased with the band, I will upgrade it to three stars.

If you really want to get hold on their best live album (IMO), you should grab their "In Concert" from the BBC (double CD : one from the "In Rock" era the other one from "Machine Head") : this has never ever been achieved again (you can read my review of this one for a ... deeper description).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107406) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Going, going..gone!

Recorded during Deep Purple's 25th Anniversary tour in 1993, this CD was released some seven years before the DVD with the same title. The reformed mark 2 classic line up were on a world tour when their performances were captured in Germany and the UK.

The then current album "The battle rages on" contributes two of the nine tracks, including the decent "Anya". There is plenty of the classic Deep Purple here too, indeed this collection overlaps significantly with the "Nobody's perfect" set from six or so years before, and to a lesser extend with "Made in Japan".

In terms of the performances, Blackmore's guitar work is wonderful of course, but from time to time he misses his cue as, it has to be said, does Ian Gillan. At the time Blackmore was on the verge of leaving the band for what would appear to be the final time, deciding to abandon the band prior to the Japanese leg of the tour.

The classic Deep Purple songs such as "Highway star", "Child in time", "Black night", "Smoke on the water", etc. are all present, joined by the newer classic "Perfect strangers". The latter song is every bit as good as the "Made in Japan" favourites. The only week point really is the aforementioned title track from "Battle rages on" which is received politely by the audience. "Speed king", omitted from the DVD version, is given a spirited run through and there is a very effective lighter section where "Anyone's daughter" from the "Fireball" album is given a fine dusting down.

In all, a highly enjoyable live album from Deep Purple. In view of the numerous high quality live offerings available from them it is far from essential, indeed I would recommend the DVD of the same name which includes interviews with four of the band members (guess who's missing!), and many more tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#111643) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars To celebrate the end of holiday season, last night I played loud this Deep Purple Come Hell or High Water CD at my car while driving home. Yeah ..! It rocked, man! It's really fit the situation because the first track was Highway Star (6:40) where I can hear Gillan still rock with his old age, actually. Ian Paice drumming is also top notch! He played his drum set like crazy. I like his style of drum playing. Ritchie performed his solo differently from other concerts. And ..of course Uncle Jon Lord still played great Hammond and keyboard throughout the song. Roger Glover played his bass dynamically. One thing interesting was Gillan still performed his high register notes vocal work. Black Night (5:40) as usual...involving the crowd to sing along Oooo ..oooo ... OOO ... Oooo!!!. This is one of the interesting thing that Deep Purple has always done with their live concerts. Ritchie performed his solo combined with Lord's keyboard work. Usually Gillan commented Superb! but this time he said Unbelievable! responding to the crowd shouts.

A Twist in the Tail (4:27) has been rarely performed on stage but this time it had a chance. The song reminds me to Rainbow's Lost In Hollywood in its rhythm section. Perfect Strangers (6:52) was responded highly by the crowd especially during the part where Glover played riffs with his bass guitar like Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Anyone's Daughter (3:57) is a country-based music that I skipped last night because it's not rocking at all. Child in Time (10:48) was performed excellently with great keyboard work by Lord and powerful vocal line by Gillan. The other three tracks are also excellent with Anva (12:13), Speed King (7:29) and Smoke on the water (10:26). It was a surprise that part of Burn, especially the introduction, was also inserted. Unfortunately no vocal because I don't think Gillan is willing to sing Coverdale's tune.

Overall, this is a very good live performance by Deep Purple who is still rocking!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#184823) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 stars Excellent performance! This album is a great selection of DP's songs, played by the better mark, and recorded with 90's technologies. The 'jam sessions' generated between Lord and Blackmore are exciting. As always, Paice and Glover made a base that sustains a 20- floor-building. The Gillan's v ... (read more)

Report this review (#117776) | Posted by Marcos | Monday, April 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going on with my search of live Deep Purple albums, I found this one about 3 months ago. I felt extremely seduced by the fact that this is played by the "classic" line-up (Gillan/Blackmore/Glover/Lord/Paice), AND in the 90s (specifically on 1993, parts from two concerts, mostly in Stuttgart, Germ ... (read more)

Report this review (#103563) | Posted by Barla | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This definately not essential in my opinion (Especially seeing as it is a compilation). I do enjoy the original recordings of these songs although am not a big Deep Purple fan, neither do I ever enjoy live versions more than the proper ones. This is why i was dissapointed when i bought it, tak ... (read more)

Report this review (#75895) | Posted by ProgHappy | Saturday, April 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think it was taken from the last tour of the classic MK II line-up. Richie Blackmore doesn't want to be there. If he doesn't play anything, he goes to the backstage. At the end of the concert, he suddenly disappears. It's really annoying. His solos are at his worst and it affects all the ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#47488) | Posted by Tichy | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars celebrating their 25th anniversary, Deep Purple record this amazing live album, full of classics. I love this album, it was the first thing that i heard of this amazing group, and i think that the songs chosen for this album are perfects, the sound is perfect and the 5 members were on fire!!!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#46723) | Posted by frippertronik | Thursday, September 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "Come Hell Or High Water"