COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Live, released in 1994

1. Highway Star (6:40)
2. Black Night (5:40)
3. A Twist in the Tail (4:27)
4. Perfect Strangers (6:52)
5. Anyone's Daughter (3:57)
6. Child in Time (10:48)
7. Anya (12:13)
8. Speed King (7:29)
9. Smoke on the Water (10:26)

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water tabs

- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars
- Ian Gillan / vocals
- Roger Glover / bass
- Jon Lord / keyboards
- Ian Paice / drums

produced engineered and mixed by pat regan. mixed at new century media studios - los angeles. CA. mastered by george marino at sterling sound, NYC. recorded live at the hans-martin-schleyer-halle stuttgart. germany - october 16. 1993 and the nec birmingham. england - november 9. 1993

Thanks to frippertronik for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water Music

Eagle Rock Ent 2005
DVD$6.76
BurnBurn
Rhino 2005
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
DEEP PURPLE SHADES Of DEEP PURPLE ORIGINAL! 68 TETRAGAMMATON RECORDS VINYL IS NM US $16.77 [0 bids]
29m 33s
Deep Purple Self Titled LP 1969 Tetragrammaton 1st Pressing HARD ROCK US $14.99 [0 bids]
30m 8s
DEEP PURPLE SLAVES AND MASTERS CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 43m 40s
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 43m 54s
DEEPEST PURPLE - THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE CD - 1980 WB RECORDS US $5.00 Buy It Now 44m 40s
Deep Purple Who Do We Think We Are record album Rock and Roll US $7.99 Buy It Now 50m 38s
DEEP PURPLE : Come Hell Or High Water CD (1997) US $7.66 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Deep Purple Shades of Deep Purple 12" LP Reissue 1997 US $17.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE When We Rock We Rock and When We Roll We Roll NM 1978 Metal LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Various - Remachined a tribute to Deep Purple 12" LP US $14.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MADE IN EUROPE (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $41.23 Buy It Now 1h 14m
VG+ 1973 Deep Purple Made In Japan 2 LP Albums US $3.99 [1 bids]
Deep Purple - Miss Molly At University (2-CD Set - Bondage Music Bon165/166) US $24.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - SCANDINAVIAN NIGHTS STOCKHOLM 1970 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $69.39 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Deep Purple - King Of Dreams (1990 3-Track German CD-Single - RCA PD 49248) US $14.95 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Pop Deux 1970 (2000 GAEA7810/SP-14259) US $9.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE THE BOOK OF TALIESYN MEGA RARE WHITE LABEL TETRAGRAMMATON T-107 NM US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
DEEP PURPLE 2 Cassettes Lot USA Print - no heep sabbath dio heavy metal US $3.98 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Machine Head Anniversary 2CD Edition Unissued Guitar Solos / Booklet US $19.69 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Nino Tempo & April Stevens 45 Deep Purple / I've Been Carrying record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h
DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water JAPAN CD w/OBI+SLIP CASE+BOOKLET BVCP-766 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Rock DEEP PURPLE Perfect Strangers NM 824003 EB859 US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Nino Tempo April Stevens 45 Deep Purple / Sweet and Lovely record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 13m
1998 Deep Purple Smoke On The Water Music CD Album Polygram Records 10 Tracks US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DEEP PURPLE KNOCKING AT YOUR BACK DOOR THE BEST JAPAN CD POCP-1149 W/STICKER US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DEEP PURPLE NOBODY'S PERFECT (1988) JAPAN CD P32P20182 US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DEEP PURPLE PURPLE PASSAGES (1972) JAPAN CD WPCP-5696 US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
GILLAN & GLOVER ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE (1988) JAPAN CD IAN ROGER DEEP PURPLE US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
JON LORD GEMINI SUITE (1971) WEST GERMANY CD DEEP PURPLE US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
DEEP PURPLE_Who Do We Think We Are!_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA US $10.51 Buy It Now 2h 42m
DEEP PURPLE Who Do We Think We Are 180 gr vinyl LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
DEEP PURPLE Last Concert in Japan 1975 vinyl LP Germany tommy bolin SEALED US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
1969 HARVEST Deep Purple LP Gatefold Made In GREECE BOSCH Cover Guy Evans CLEAN US $29.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
DEEP PURPLE The Book Of Taliesyn purple colored vinyl LP 2006 US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
DEEP PURPLE fireball HARVEST LP Textured Sleeve/Insert/Harvest Inner A-2U/B-3U S US $64.39 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Deep Purple : Friends and Relatives (2CDs) (2002) US $7.15 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Deep Purple Made in Europe Analog Warner Press, EXC ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $25.60 Buy It Now 2h 56m
DEEP PURPLE/ TOTAL ABANDON - 2 VCD US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
DEEP PURPLE S/T 3RD LP HARVEST SWEDEN NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2011 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $24.18 Buy It Now 4h 4m
DEEP PURPLE Stormbringer original 1974 U.S. pressing WB U.K. prog psych rock US $6.99 [0 bids]
WHITESNAKE - 'SNAKEBITE' U.S. CD - DAVID COVERDALE - DEEP PURPLE US $4.02 [1 bids]
DooWop 45RPM - Billy Ward & Dominoes - Deep Purple US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Made in Japan by Deep Purple (Rock) (CD, Sep-1988, Deep Purple (Rock)BRAND NEW!! US $4.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Made Europe Japan Promo Vinyl LP Whitesnake US $89.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
1976 - DEEP PURPLE - Made In Europe - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.47 Buy It Now 4h 48m
DEEP PURPLE-FIREBALL-DIFF RUSSIAN Extremely RARE LP MINT limited US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 15m
DEEP PURPLE-SAME-1969-DIFF RUSSIAN Extremely RARE LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 15m
DEEP PURPLE The Book Of Taliesyn Harvest gatefold lp U.K. prog hard rock 1968 US $18.99 [0 bids]
ROGER GLOVER "Love is all" RARE ITALIAN HOLECOVER 7"PROMO for JB - DEEP PURPLE US $17.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
DEEP PURPLE - ICON NEW CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 5h 23m
ROCK - DEEP PURPLE ,STEVIE NICKS,MARILLION,GARY MOORE,PAT BENATAR etc (CD 2004) US $5.96 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Machine Head 25th Anniversary Edition 2 CD set w/Slipcover US $9.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE NOBODY'S HOME / 2LP NM MINT- SUPERB COPY US $499.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE THE PERFECT STRANGER / 2LP US $59.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Never before Japan US $58.00 Buy It Now 5h 41m
DEEP PURPLE Untitled 3rd lp 1969 Germany Harvest gatefold U.K. prog hard rock US $19.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - VERY BEST OF NEW CD US $24.53 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Rainbow Rising Japan Promo only Red Flexi Deep Purple Blackmore Ronnie James Dio US $74.99 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Deep Purple - Come Taste The Band Gatefold LP TPSA 7515 (1975) US $8.85 [6 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball - GATEFOLD VINYL LP GERMAN PRESS US $18.01 Buy It Now 6h 38m
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD JAPAN US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
[LP] Deep Purple,Same (Harvest) {NM} US $21.29 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Deep Purple Guitar Backing Tracks - 14 Classic Rock Jam Trax US $6.42 Buy It Now 6h 58m
CASSETTE: PERFECT STRANGERS * Deep Purple (Mercury/1984) "Nobody's Home" US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h
Deep Purple Purpendicular CD Japan Obi W/1 Bonus Track BVCP-913 US $16.00 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Deep Purple / Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, The Conducted By Malcolm Arnold, EX US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
DEEP PURPLE - PERFECT STRANGERS NEW CD US $8.74 Buy It Now 7h 43m
24carat purple, deep purple ,pressed ex yugo US $13.00 Buy It Now 7h 49m
deep purple,perfect strangers ,pressed ex yugo US $9.00 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Deep Purple - Strange Kind Of Woman / I'm Alone US $8.05 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Copenhagen 1972 CD US $18.89 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Jim Beam - 40 Shots Of Rock - The Last Shout 2CD (Deep Purple, Rose Tattoo) US $20.13 Buy It Now 8h 2m
DEEP PURPLE - SELF TITLED NEW LP SEALED US $28.90 Buy It Now 8h 12m
NEW - Icon: Deep Purple by Deep Purple US $2.85 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Original Deep Purple Concert Ticket Stub [5/4/1987] "House of Blue Light Tour" US $12.95 Buy It Now 8h 20m
DEEP PURPLE - SMOKE ON THE WATER - 7" P/S - RSD - RECORD STORE DAY 2012 SEALED US $20.91 [0 bids]
VINTAGE ORIGINAL 1974 DEEP PURPLE BURN 33 LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE ORIGINAL 1975 DEEP PURPLE COME TASTE THE BAND 33LP US $6.99 [0 bids]
ERROL GARNER DEEP PURPLE + 3 SWEDEN EP PS 1950s US $13.79 Buy It Now 8h 50m
DEEP PURPLE - COPENHAGEN 1972 NEW CD US $21.66 Buy It Now 8h 54m
[LP] Deep Purple,Collection (Harvest) {NM} US $20.09 Buy It Now 8h 58m
DEEP PURPLE - NOW WHAT ?! (IMPORT) NEW CD US $27.40 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers NEW CD US $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 10m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN LONDON 1974 [DIGITAL] - NEW CD BOXSET US $6.58 Buy It Now 9h 15m
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL [DEEP PURPLE] [081227991302] - NEW CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 9h 17m
NINO TEMPO APRIL STEVENS.DEEP PURPLE.LONDON LABEL.7" VINYL SINGLE.45RPM US $2.01 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF DEEP PURPLE THE SCEPTER CITATION SERIES LP 514 US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Deep Purple 117 Guitar Tabs Software Lesson CD, 50 Backing Tracks US $6.75 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE.BLACK NIGHT.HARVEST.7" VINYL SINGLE.45RPM US $2.01 [0 bids]
[LP] Rockspeed,Deep Purple Canned Heat Elo O.a. (Rockspeed) {NM} US $17.69 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Various - The Stars Sing Lennon & McCartney LP (Featuring Deep Purple) 1986 US $43.46 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Deep Purple - In Rock (Anniversary Edition) 20 tracks SEALED US $9.64 Buy It Now 10h 4m
DEEP PURPLE..HUSH.FAIR COPY OF "RARE"1968 PARLOPHONE PROG./HARD ROCK 7" R 5708 US $20.91 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Deep Purple - Shades 1968-98 [CD New] US $55.09 Buy It Now 10h 9m
DEEP PURPLE - AUSTRALIAN TOUR 2013 - SIGNED GUITAR PIC - KEYRING US $26.22 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MK3 THE FINAL CONCERTS (IMPORT) (24 BIT) NEW CD US $62.56 Buy It Now 10h 14m
[LP] Deep Purple,Powerhouse (Purple) {EX+} Ger 1977 US $16.49 Buy It Now 10h 19m
[LP] Deep Purple,Same (Harvest) Ger 1976 US $23.69 Buy It Now 10h 19m
DEEP PURPLE SINGLES A'S & B'S LP MADE IN BRAZIL FIRST PRESS 1971 US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(16%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(31%)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water reviews

Review by WaywardSon
4 stars Well this isn´t Made In Japan, but it still has some great moments. The highlights here are "Anyone´s daughter" "Perfect Strangers" and an extended version of "Anya" with some great playing by Blackmore.

Listening on headphones, one can still hear the great duelling between Blackmore and Lord on tracks like "Highway Star" One thing I picked up on "Child in Time" is that there is a backing track! If you listen carefully you can hear the Made In Japan voice in the background to help Gillan along! That is my only real complaint about this album, but besides that, and the fueding between Blackmore and Gillan, it is still a great album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#86061) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I got this one from my brother somewhere in 2001. It had been a very long time ago since I had listened to the Purple any more (I will change my mind though in 2003). My first feeling was : whow ! One of the band I loved the most in my youth (back to '70- 73) had produced another great live album (in the meantime, I have discovered about another fifteen of those).

Honestly the more you listen to it, the more you notice its defects : some of their gigantic songs are not very well played here : "Highway Star" and "Black Night" for instance : I just hate the audience responding with their oh, oh ; oh, oh to Ritchie's riff ; this is a reminiscence of my "No More Heroes" period which I still very much use as a guideline nowadays. So, when I go and see them, I am always suffering.

This tour was supporting their last studio album, so we get "A Twist In The Tale" and more interesting "Anya" which is IMO, the best track of this live album. Quite extended version, great keys : the Purple as we like : all mighty and harmonious at the same time.

The clash between Ritchie and Ian was rising again : this time, Ian will get rid of Ritchie (I guess he was so impossible to live with, than the other members of the band could hardly go into another direction). Ritchie's rendition in "Highway Star" is pretty weak. His traditionally fabulous guitar solo in "Child In Time" is cut down here. There are a few organ breaks from Jon that are totally out of purpose in the context of the song (don't get me wrong : I have always appreciate Jon's work, but this is not the Child In Time we all want to hear). Gillan is great though.

"Speed King" starts with "God Save The ... King" I guess; then skips the wonderful noisy intro of the studio album to enter straight into the track. The band then develops an average jam and suddenly play the "Burn" intro for 15 seconds ... A bit too much of a mixing for me.

A two minutes almost classical guitar intro will lead to "Smoke". This one was not at all my favorite on "Machine Head" but turned to be a Purple anthem after their MIJ adventure. This version is great (till 6'30" when Gillan asked the audience participation and is quite useless from then on).

There is a Japanese / US version of this live effort with three additional tracks Lazy (4'18"), Space truckin' (2'39") and Woman From Tokyo (1'53"). Since I only have access to the European version I can only be suspicious about these "bonus tracks" : the Purple used to play over twenty minutes gig for "Space Truckin", so a bit more than two minutes sounds a bit strange. They will be used to a very short format for "Woman" unfortunately. This album is quite average and I would rate it 5 out of 10. Since I am biased with the band, I will upgrade it to three stars.

If you really want to get hold on their best live album (IMO), you should grab their "In Concert" from the BBC (double CD : one from the "In Rock" era the other one from "Machine Head") : this has never ever been achieved again (you can read my review of this one for a ... deeper description).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107406) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Going, going..gone!

Recorded during Deep Purple's 25th Anniversary tour in 1993, this CD was released some seven years before the DVD with the same title. The reformed mark 2 classic line up were on a world tour when their performances were captured in Germany and the UK.

The then current album "The battle rages on" contributes two of the nine tracks, including the decent "Anya". There is plenty of the classic Deep Purple here too, indeed this collection overlaps significantly with the "Nobody's perfect" set from six or so years before, and to a lesser extend with "Made in Japan".

In terms of the performances, Blackmore's guitar work is wonderful of course, but from time to time he misses his cue as, it has to be said, does Ian Gillan. At the time Blackmore was on the verge of leaving the band for what would appear to be the final time, deciding to abandon the band prior to the Japanese leg of the tour.

The classic Deep Purple songs such as "Highway star", "Child in time", "Black night", "Smoke on the water", etc. are all present, joined by the newer classic "Perfect strangers". The latter song is every bit as good as the "Made in Japan" favourites. The only week point really is the aforementioned title track from "Battle rages on" which is received politely by the audience. "Speed king", omitted from the DVD version, is given a spirited run through and there is a very effective lighter section where "Anyone's daughter" from the "Fireball" album is given a fine dusting down.

In all, a highly enjoyable live album from Deep Purple. In view of the numerous high quality live offerings available from them it is far from essential, indeed I would recommend the DVD of the same name which includes interviews with four of the band members (guess who's missing!), and many more tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#111643) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars To celebrate the end of holiday season, last night I played loud this Deep Purple Come Hell or High Water CD at my car while driving home. Yeah ..! It rocked, man! It's really fit the situation because the first track was Highway Star (6:40) where I can hear Gillan still rock with his old age, actually. Ian Paice drumming is also top notch! He played his drum set like crazy. I like his style of drum playing. Ritchie performed his solo differently from other concerts. And ..of course Uncle Jon Lord still played great Hammond and keyboard throughout the song. Roger Glover played his bass dynamically. One thing interesting was Gillan still performed his high register notes vocal work. Black Night (5:40) as usual...involving the crowd to sing along Oooo ..oooo ... OOO ... Oooo!!!. This is one of the interesting thing that Deep Purple has always done with their live concerts. Ritchie performed his solo combined with Lord's keyboard work. Usually Gillan commented Superb! but this time he said Unbelievable! responding to the crowd shouts.

A Twist in the Tail (4:27) has been rarely performed on stage but this time it had a chance. The song reminds me to Rainbow's Lost In Hollywood in its rhythm section. Perfect Strangers (6:52) was responded highly by the crowd especially during the part where Glover played riffs with his bass guitar like Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Anyone's Daughter (3:57) is a country-based music that I skipped last night because it's not rocking at all. Child in Time (10:48) was performed excellently with great keyboard work by Lord and powerful vocal line by Gillan. The other three tracks are also excellent with Anva (12:13), Speed King (7:29) and Smoke on the water (10:26). It was a surprise that part of Burn, especially the introduction, was also inserted. Unfortunately no vocal because I don't think Gillan is willing to sing Coverdale's tune.

Overall, this is a very good live performance by Deep Purple who is still rocking!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#184823) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 stars Excellent performance! This album is a great selection of DP's songs, played by the better mark, and recorded with 90's technologies. The 'jam sessions' generated between Lord and Blackmore are exciting. As always, Paice and Glover made a base that sustains a 20- floor-building. The Gillan's v ... (read more)

Report this review (#117776) | Posted by Marcos | Monday, April 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going on with my search of live Deep Purple albums, I found this one about 3 months ago. I felt extremely seduced by the fact that this is played by the "classic" line-up (Gillan/Blackmore/Glover/Lord/Paice), AND in the 90s (specifically on 1993, parts from two concerts, mostly in Stuttgart, Germ ... (read more)

Report this review (#103563) | Posted by Barla | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This definately not essential in my opinion (Especially seeing as it is a compilation). I do enjoy the original recordings of these songs although am not a big Deep Purple fan, neither do I ever enjoy live versions more than the proper ones. This is why i was dissapointed when i bought it, tak ... (read more)

Report this review (#75895) | Posted by ProgHappy | Saturday, April 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think it was taken from the last tour of the classic MK II line-up. Richie Blackmore doesn't want to be there. If he doesn't play anything, he goes to the backstage. At the end of the concert, he suddenly disappears. It's really annoying. His solos are at his worst and it affects all the ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#47488) | Posted by Tichy | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars celebrating their 25th anniversary, Deep Purple record this amazing live album, full of classics. I love this album, it was the first thing that i heard of this amazing group, and i think that the songs chosen for this album are perfects, the sound is perfect and the 5 members were on fire!!!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#46723) | Posted by frippertronik | Thursday, September 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "Come Hell Or High Water"