COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Live, released in 1994

1. Highway Star (6:40)
2. Black Night (5:40)
3. A Twist in the Tail (4:27)
4. Perfect Strangers (6:52)
5. Anyone's Daughter (3:57)
6. Child in Time (10:48)
7. Anya (12:13)
8. Speed King (7:29)
9. Smoke on the Water (10:26)

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water tabs

- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars
- Ian Gillan / vocals
- Roger Glover / bass
- Jon Lord / keyboards
- Ian Paice / drums

produced engineered and mixed by pat regan. mixed at new century media studios - los angeles. CA. mastered by george marino at sterling sound, NYC. recorded live at the hans-martin-schleyer-halle stuttgart. germany - october 16. 1993 and the nec birmingham. england - november 9. 1993

Thanks to frippertronik for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water Music

FireballFireball
Rhino Flashback 2008
Graz 1975Graz 1975
Eagle Records 2014
Deep Purple When We Rock vinyl LP 1978 Warner Bros Records VG+ US $8.95 Buy It Now 37m 18s
Nino Tempo & April Stevens 45 "Deep Purple" ~ ATCO US $4.99 Buy It Now 42m 15s
DEEP PURPLE Black Night / Woman From Tokyo :From Made In Japan Vinyl 7" RSD 2014 US $12.98 Buy It Now 53m 28s
Deep Purple CD 11/26/75 Festival Hall Melbourne Australia Come Taste The Band US $5.00 [1 bids]
55m 3s
DEEP PURPLE Purpendicular w/Bonus Track 1996 OOP CD Japan NEW BVCP-913 US $16.83 [1 bids]
Deep Purple -Burn- (TPS 3505) Purple VG++ 1974 - UK Import A1/B1 US $60.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Deep Purple Book Of Taliesyn JAPAN MADE HI QUALITY MINI LP HQ CD NEW OOP US $35.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
DEEP PURPLE SHADES OF JAPAN AUTHENTIC HI QUALITY HQ MINI LP CD NEW VICP-75126 US $45.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
DEEP PURPLE Stormbringer CD MINI LP US $15.49 Buy It Now 1h 23m
DEEP PURPLE - EXTENDED VERSIONS NEW CD US $10.16 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Deep Purple 45 BLACK NIGHT / INTO THE FIRE ~ WB M- rock (dj stamp) vinyl US $21.89 Buy It Now 1h 32m
DEEP PURPLE Emmaretta / The Bird Has Flown 45 TETRAGRAMMATON T-1519 VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DEEP PURPLE The House Of Blue Light CD MINI LP US $15.49 Buy It Now 1h 44m
DEEP PURPLE Vtg 70`s/80`s Metal Pin Badge Deepest DP101 US $9.78 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Slaves and Masters by Deep Purple (Cassette, Oct-199... US $2.25 Buy It Now 1h 49m
DEEP PURPLE ABANDON 1998 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen TECW SEALED 1ST PRESS US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
DEEP PURPLE Shades Of Deep Purple LP US 1968 orig Tetragrammaton T-102 US $14.98 Buy It Now 1h 54m
DEEP PURPLE Black night HARVEST 7-inch DEMO HAR 5178! US $24.47 Buy It Now 2h 4m
RAINBOW Straight + Bent 2LP lot LYNN TURNER ex-DEEP PURPLE R. BLACKMORE GLOVER US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
DEEP PURPLE MEMBER ROGER GLOVER SOLO PROMO SINGLE THE MASK LONG AND SHORT US $5.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "THE BOOK OF TALIESYN" LP 1969 TETRAGRAMMATON LABEL US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Book Of Taliesyn [LP] by Deep Purple (Vinyl, Apr-1999, EMI Music Distribution) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple GLENN HUGHES Tidewater Grain PROMO 2TRX CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
SARAH VAUGHAN---DEEP PURPLE (EP's) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Deep Purple LOT - Machine Head & Perfect Strangers - 2 CD Bundle/Set US $11.43 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MADE IN JAPAN (2701) cover trashed/vinyl is VG cond. 2 rec.set!! US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Deep Purple ?- The Book Of Taliesyn 12" RECORD US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Deep Purple speed king Harvest 5020 UK press from 1970 US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - IN ROCK - GERMAN EMI HARVEST HOR ZU #SHZE 288 12" VINYL - look US $9.00 [1 bids]
CURTISS / MALDOON lp S/T early 70s PROG CAPITOL Deep Purple CONNECTION US $8.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - IAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY - 2LP LIVE EVIL RECORD - MANNHEIM 1985 look US $19.50 [7 bids]
JON LORD Gemini Suite PROG rock SYMPHONY Deep Purple VINYL CapitolLP/NM unplayed US $12.50 [0 bids]
3h
DEEP PURPLE : MACHINE HEAD,Insert, WB Green Label 1972 BS 2607,STRONG VG+ US $8.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Logo Original Vintage 70`s/80`s Printed Sew On Patch Unused #1 US $9.78 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Deep Purple Nino Tempo & April Stevens~1963 Pop Vocal~FAST SHIPPING!!! US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 9m
DEEP PURPLE Logo Original Vintage 70`s/80`s Printed Sew On Patch Unused #3 US $9.78 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Deep Purple - "Made In Japan-Remastered", "Rapture of the Deep", US $15.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Super Deluxe) [CD New] US $169.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE , VG+ ,lp, GATEFOLD vinyl, Blackmore, Lord US $4.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MADE IN JAPAN , VG ,double lp, GATEFOLD vinyl, Blackmore US $7.99 [0 bids]
ROGER GLOVER DEEP PURPLE AUTHENTIC 8 x 10 inch SIGNED PHOTO PSADNA COA US $90.48 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Deep Purple Two Deluxe Edition CDs Fireball and Machine Head US $18.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE in Paris 1975 NEW CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Shades Of Mono Purple Vinyl LP Record Store Day RSD 2014 New US $32.57 Buy It Now 3h 38m
DEEP PURPLE Woman From Tokyo & Super Trouper 7" 45 rpm record + juke box strip US $11.75 Buy It Now 3h 39m
"Classic Rock" "Deep Purple" "Made in Japan" "Rare LP" US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD JAPAN AUTHENTIC SACD HYBRID CD NEW + 1 US $38.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
DEEP PURPLE COME HELL OR HIGH WATER JAPAN CD NEW BLU SPEC 2 BSCD2 SICP-30387 US $20.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
DEEP PURPLE- IAN GILLIAN- LIVE PURPLE- CD IMPORT DIGIPAK- WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ! US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Fireball, Deep Purple, New US $5.59 Buy It Now 3h 53m
VINYL LP Deep Purple - Whe We Rock We Rock And When We Roll We Roll US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Deep Purple Perfect Strangers 824003-1 M1 In Shrink US $24.95 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Warner Bros. Records-1975-In-stor Promo LP-Fleetwood Mac-Jethro Tull-Deep Purple US $30.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN REMASTERED 2 CD DIGIPAK NEW US $22.61 Buy It Now 4h
Sarah Vaughan "Deep Purple/These things I Offer You"78 Columbia 39370 TESTED VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE LP DEEPEST PURPLE THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE PRK 3486 / 1980 US $1.99 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE LP THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT 831 318-1 M-1 / 1987 US $1.99 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE LP PERFECT STRANGERS 824 003-1 M-1 / 1984 US $2.80 [2 bids]
UK Press Rock LP: Deep Purple - on Harvest SHVL 759 Stereo - UK Press US $40.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE: Live In London LP HARVEST RECORDS SHSP4124 UK 1982 NM US $38.69 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Deep Purple-Perfect Stranger Stereo 422-824-003 Polygram Records 1984 USA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple-Purple Passages Stereo 2LS 2644 Warner Bros Records 1972 USA US $16.99 [0 bids]
1975 Deep Purple-Come Taste The Band LP-Warner Bros. Records-Gatefold US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 28m
DEEP PURPLE King Of Dreams / Fire In The Basement 45 US $13.53 Buy It Now 4h 37m
DEEP PURPLE Smoke On The Water (Studio/Live) 45 rpm Warner Bros 1973 HARD ROCK US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 38m
1974 WB PROMO 2 vinyl LP w/ KISS van morrison NEIL YOUNG deep purple ZAPPA NM US $29.95 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Deep Purple Box Japan Four CD Box Set w Coaster Shrink in 1991 Ritchie Blackmore US $149.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
WHITESNAKE Lovehunter - LP David Coverdale JON LORD Deep Purple Autograph SIGNED US $499.99 Buy It Now 5h
WHITESNAKE Live in Heart of the City - LP Coverdale Deep Purple Autograph SIGNED US $399.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
DEEP PURPLE/WHEN WE ROCK,WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL,WE ROLL/P-10559W/JAPAN LP ! US $17.50 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Deep Purple and Type O Negative 45 7" single Highway Star RSD clear/purple vinyl US $8.00 [4 bids]
Deep Purple Machine Head LP WB Green Label 1st Press US $20.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Who Do We Think We Are LP WB Burbank Label US $15.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Burn LP WB Burbank Label Sample Copy US $15.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple, Extended Versions, The Encore Collection. Live CD. BMG, 2000 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 29m
STEVE MORSE BAND - OUT STANDING IN THEIR FIELD + 1. JAPAN.OBI. DEEP PURPLE US $5.99 [2 bids]
Deep Purple?7"?BLACK NIGHT?japan?EX?!! US $8.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple?7"?SMOKE ON THE WATER??japan?EX?!! US $8.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple?7"?BURN?japan?EX?!! US $10.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple?7"?BLACK NIGHT??japan?EX?!! US $8.99 [0 bids]
Ian Gillan Band?7"?COUNTRY LIGHTS?japan?EX??!! US $8.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Rare 7" Vinyl EP Mexican Import Capitol EPEM-10718 Near Mint US $15.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple PURPLE PASSAGES Warner Brothers RS213425 DBL Gatefold VG+ US $14.95 Buy It Now 6h 14m
DEEP PURPLE Fireball ISRAEL LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE In Rock ISRAEL LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
Shades Of DEEP PURPLE Hush Original Press ISRAEL LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Veni y Proba la Banda ARGENTINA VINYL Come Taste The Band LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Burn ISRAEL LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE In Rock #2 ISRAEL LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
Very Best Of DEEP PURPLE Smoke on the water ISRAEL HEBREW Deepest speed king LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Who Do We Think We Are ISRAEL LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
GILLAN "Double Trouble" Original UK Double LP set from 1981 (DEEP PURPLE) US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Nobody's Perfect - Deep Purple (Cassette 1988, Mercury) in NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Deep Purple Single CD Series JAPAN 30th Anniv. Ltd. Ed. OOP Rainbow Whitesnake US $75.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE GOLD CD BOX SET AUDIO FIDELITY 4 GOLD DISC SET NUMBERED LIMITED ED. US $165.77 Buy It Now 7h 3m
DEEP PURPLE-GRAZ 1975-JAPAN CD F04 US $27.50 Buy It Now 7h 8m
DEEP PURPLE : Machine Head FRENCH PRESS HARD ROCK PATHE MARCONI WITH INSERT US $20.00 [0 bids]
SUNSTORM SAME SPEC. RUSSIA EDITION VERY RARE JOE LYNN TURNER RAINBOW DEEP PURPLE US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 43m
BLACKMORE'S NIGHT THE VILLAGE LANTERNE SPEC. RUSSIA EDITION DEEP PURPLE RAINBOW US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 43m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

DEEP PURPLE Come Hell Or High Water reviews

Review by WaywardSon
4 stars Well this isn´t Made In Japan, but it still has some great moments. The highlights here are "Anyone´s daughter" "Perfect Strangers" and an extended version of "Anya" with some great playing by Blackmore.

Listening on headphones, one can still hear the great duelling between Blackmore and Lord on tracks like "Highway Star" One thing I picked up on "Child in Time" is that there is a backing track! If you listen carefully you can hear the Made In Japan voice in the background to help Gillan along! That is my only real complaint about this album, but besides that, and the fueding between Blackmore and Gillan, it is still a great album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#86061) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I got this one from my brother somewhere in 2001. It had been a very long time ago since I had listened to the Purple any more (I will change my mind though in 2003). My first feeling was : whow ! One of the band I loved the most in my youth (back to '70- 73) had produced another great live album (in the meantime, I have discovered about another fifteen of those).

Honestly the more you listen to it, the more you notice its defects : some of their gigantic songs are not very well played here : "Highway Star" and "Black Night" for instance : I just hate the audience responding with their oh, oh ; oh, oh to Ritchie's riff ; this is a reminiscence of my "No More Heroes" period which I still very much use as a guideline nowadays. So, when I go and see them, I am always suffering.

This tour was supporting their last studio album, so we get "A Twist In The Tale" and more interesting "Anya" which is IMO, the best track of this live album. Quite extended version, great keys : the Purple as we like : all mighty and harmonious at the same time.

The clash between Ritchie and Ian was rising again : this time, Ian will get rid of Ritchie (I guess he was so impossible to live with, than the other members of the band could hardly go into another direction). Ritchie's rendition in "Highway Star" is pretty weak. His traditionally fabulous guitar solo in "Child In Time" is cut down here. There are a few organ breaks from Jon that are totally out of purpose in the context of the song (don't get me wrong : I have always appreciate Jon's work, but this is not the Child In Time we all want to hear). Gillan is great though.

"Speed King" starts with "God Save The ... King" I guess; then skips the wonderful noisy intro of the studio album to enter straight into the track. The band then develops an average jam and suddenly play the "Burn" intro for 15 seconds ... A bit too much of a mixing for me.

A two minutes almost classical guitar intro will lead to "Smoke". This one was not at all my favorite on "Machine Head" but turned to be a Purple anthem after their MIJ adventure. This version is great (till 6'30" when Gillan asked the audience participation and is quite useless from then on).

There is a Japanese / US version of this live effort with three additional tracks Lazy (4'18"), Space truckin' (2'39") and Woman From Tokyo (1'53"). Since I only have access to the European version I can only be suspicious about these "bonus tracks" : the Purple used to play over twenty minutes gig for "Space Truckin", so a bit more than two minutes sounds a bit strange. They will be used to a very short format for "Woman" unfortunately. This album is quite average and I would rate it 5 out of 10. Since I am biased with the band, I will upgrade it to three stars.

If you really want to get hold on their best live album (IMO), you should grab their "In Concert" from the BBC (double CD : one from the "In Rock" era the other one from "Machine Head") : this has never ever been achieved again (you can read my review of this one for a ... deeper description).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107406) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Going, going..gone!

Recorded during Deep Purple's 25th Anniversary tour in 1993, this CD was released some seven years before the DVD with the same title. The reformed mark 2 classic line up were on a world tour when their performances were captured in Germany and the UK.

The then current album "The battle rages on" contributes two of the nine tracks, including the decent "Anya". There is plenty of the classic Deep Purple here too, indeed this collection overlaps significantly with the "Nobody's perfect" set from six or so years before, and to a lesser extend with "Made in Japan".

In terms of the performances, Blackmore's guitar work is wonderful of course, but from time to time he misses his cue as, it has to be said, does Ian Gillan. At the time Blackmore was on the verge of leaving the band for what would appear to be the final time, deciding to abandon the band prior to the Japanese leg of the tour.

The classic Deep Purple songs such as "Highway star", "Child in time", "Black night", "Smoke on the water", etc. are all present, joined by the newer classic "Perfect strangers". The latter song is every bit as good as the "Made in Japan" favourites. The only week point really is the aforementioned title track from "Battle rages on" which is received politely by the audience. "Speed king", omitted from the DVD version, is given a spirited run through and there is a very effective lighter section where "Anyone's daughter" from the "Fireball" album is given a fine dusting down.

In all, a highly enjoyable live album from Deep Purple. In view of the numerous high quality live offerings available from them it is far from essential, indeed I would recommend the DVD of the same name which includes interviews with four of the band members (guess who's missing!), and many more tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#111643) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars To celebrate the end of holiday season, last night I played loud this Deep Purple Come Hell or High Water CD at my car while driving home. Yeah ..! It rocked, man! It's really fit the situation because the first track was Highway Star (6:40) where I can hear Gillan still rock with his old age, actually. Ian Paice drumming is also top notch! He played his drum set like crazy. I like his style of drum playing. Ritchie performed his solo differently from other concerts. And ..of course Uncle Jon Lord still played great Hammond and keyboard throughout the song. Roger Glover played his bass dynamically. One thing interesting was Gillan still performed his high register notes vocal work. Black Night (5:40) as usual...involving the crowd to sing along Oooo ..oooo ... OOO ... Oooo!!!. This is one of the interesting thing that Deep Purple has always done with their live concerts. Ritchie performed his solo combined with Lord's keyboard work. Usually Gillan commented Superb! but this time he said Unbelievable! responding to the crowd shouts.

A Twist in the Tail (4:27) has been rarely performed on stage but this time it had a chance. The song reminds me to Rainbow's Lost In Hollywood in its rhythm section. Perfect Strangers (6:52) was responded highly by the crowd especially during the part where Glover played riffs with his bass guitar like Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Anyone's Daughter (3:57) is a country-based music that I skipped last night because it's not rocking at all. Child in Time (10:48) was performed excellently with great keyboard work by Lord and powerful vocal line by Gillan. The other three tracks are also excellent with Anva (12:13), Speed King (7:29) and Smoke on the water (10:26). It was a surprise that part of Burn, especially the introduction, was also inserted. Unfortunately no vocal because I don't think Gillan is willing to sing Coverdale's tune.

Overall, this is a very good live performance by Deep Purple who is still rocking!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#184823) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 stars Excellent performance! This album is a great selection of DP's songs, played by the better mark, and recorded with 90's technologies. The 'jam sessions' generated between Lord and Blackmore are exciting. As always, Paice and Glover made a base that sustains a 20- floor-building. The Gillan's v ... (read more)

Report this review (#117776) | Posted by Marcos | Monday, April 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going on with my search of live Deep Purple albums, I found this one about 3 months ago. I felt extremely seduced by the fact that this is played by the "classic" line-up (Gillan/Blackmore/Glover/Lord/Paice), AND in the 90s (specifically on 1993, parts from two concerts, mostly in Stuttgart, Germ ... (read more)

Report this review (#103563) | Posted by Barla | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This definately not essential in my opinion (Especially seeing as it is a compilation). I do enjoy the original recordings of these songs although am not a big Deep Purple fan, neither do I ever enjoy live versions more than the proper ones. This is why i was dissapointed when i bought it, tak ... (read more)

Report this review (#75895) | Posted by ProgHappy | Saturday, April 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think it was taken from the last tour of the classic MK II line-up. Richie Blackmore doesn't want to be there. If he doesn't play anything, he goes to the backstage. At the end of the concert, he suddenly disappears. It's really annoying. His solos are at his worst and it affects all the ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#47488) | Posted by Tichy | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars celebrating their 25th anniversary, Deep Purple record this amazing live album, full of classics. I love this album, it was the first thing that i heard of this amazing group, and i think that the songs chosen for this album are perfects, the sound is perfect and the 5 members were on fire!!!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#46723) | Posted by frippertronik | Thursday, September 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "Come Hell Or High Water"