THUNDER SEVEN

Collectors/fans only

Buy TRIUMPH Music
Studio Album, released in 1984

1. Spellbound (5:14)
2. Rock Out, Roll On (5:17)
3. Cool Down (4:50)
4. Follow Your Heart (3:35)
5. Time Goes By (6:02)
6. Midsummer's Daydream (1:40)
7. Time Canon (1:33)
8. Killing Time (4:17)
9. Stranger in a Strange Land (5:13)
10. Little Boy Blues (3:38)

Total Time: (40:51)

Search TRIUMPH Thunder Seven lyrics

Search TRIUMPH Thunder Seven tabs

- Rik Emmett / guitar, vocals
- Michael Levine / bass, keys
- Gil Moore / drums, vocals

2004 CD TRC #78007

Thanks to Retrovertigo for the addition

TRIUMPH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRIUMPH Thunder Seven Music

Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)
CD+DVD
TML Entertainment 2010
Allied ForcesAllied Forces
Thunder SevenThunder Seven
Just a GameJust a Game
ClassicsClassics
Tml Entertainment 2007
Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
TML Entertainment 2012
Sport of KingsSport of Kings
Progressions of PowerProgressions of Power
StagesStages
Never SurrenderNever Surrender
Tml Entertainment 2004
Michael Jackson Mystique De Perfume Sample Official 1989 Triumph International US $16.11 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Michael Jackson Leave Me Alone Original 1989 Official Triumph Poster MEGA RARE US $79.04 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Triumph 31 Guitar Tabs Software Lesson CD, 2 Backing Tracks & Free Bonuses US $6.75 [0 bids]
PHILIP BAILEY Japan LP with OBI, TRIUMPH US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
UNKNOWN PEOPLE - TRIUMPH [EP] (828600404925) - NEW CD US $13.02 Buy It Now 3h 24m
TRIUMPH: Progressions Of Power. 1980 Vinyl 12" LP US $1.61 [0 bids]
3 CD, EU, The Jacksons, Michael Jackson, Victory, Triumph, Gold (Best Of) US $27.90 Buy It Now 3h 42m
TRIUMPH SELF TITLED UK LP US $12.90 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Sheila Walsh - Triumph In The Air - LP US $2.50 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Triumph Classics (CD 1989) US $2.42 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH-I LIVE FOR THE WEEKEND 1980 RCA PROMO 7" US $6.44 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Joe Meek Triumph Session Work In Progress double LP Sealed Import US $27.97 Buy It Now 5h 57m
TRIUMPH AMERICAN GIRLS. DEMO 7" P/S RARE US $1.60 [0 bids]
Triumph_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA! bs1 US $9.65 Buy It Now 6h 20m
VANILLA MUFFINS - TRIUMPH OF SUGAR OI! (UK) NEW VINYL US $63.11 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Stages - Triumph New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.09 Buy It Now 6h 48m
CONCERTO MOON-GATE OF TRIUMPH-JAPAN CD-PAPERSLEEVE-OBI-GATEFOLD US $14.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Somebody's Out There NM/What Rules My Heart NM 1986 Rock 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h
D.O.A./ Triumph Of The Ignoroids/ Friends/ 1981 Pressing/ KBD/ NM US $39.95 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Various Artists-1970's-Philips-DUTCH IMPORT-6XLP Box Set - "Triumph des Barock" US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 21m
TRIUMPH - Classics (1989) OOP Cassette NEW US $24.98 Buy It Now 8h 35m
TRIUMPH / Just A Game JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI AIRAC-1430 US $34.50 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Overkill - Triumph Of The Will 1985 SST Records Overkill L.A. Hardcore Punk US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 20m
NEW - State of Triumph by Metalium US $6.55 Buy It Now 9h 22m
TRIUMPH LP-ALLIED FORCES/RCA VICTOR RECORDS, AFL1-3902 STEREO VG++ US $9.98 Buy It Now 9h 23m
WHITE HEAT - WE NEVER HEARD OF YOU EITHER (Canada Import CD) Gil Moore (Triumph) US $19.36 [0 bids]
Dark Triumph - The Life of Victoria Lancaster Smith, BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED CD US $11.78 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Damaar Triumph LP rare nwn blasphemy beherit von US $15.00 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH-THE SPORT OF KINGS-MCA 5786 VG+/VG+ LP US $7.48 Buy It Now 9h 52m
TRIUMPH-SURVEILLANCE-MCA 42083 VG+/VG+ LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 9h 52m
TRIUMPH-PROGRESSIONS OF POWER--MCA 1453 NM/VG+ LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 9h 52m
TRIUMPH-JUST A GAME-MCA 37268 VG+/VG+ LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Circle Triumph 2LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Triumph of Time - Waipara,Tama New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $36.43 Buy It Now 10h 14m
THE JACKSONS / TRIUMPH / CASSETTE TAPE / CBS (UK) 1980 US $8.05 Buy It Now 10h 20m
Misanthropic Triumph / Ravendark's Monarchal Canticle: Breath Of Deadly Silence US $9.95 Buy It Now 10h 25m
THE CLEE-SHAYS "THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E." B/W "DYNAMITE" TRIUMPH # 65 SURF 45 US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
Record/Vinyl/ Triumph Rock n roll machine US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rik Emmett ( Triumph guitarist ) - Swing Shift RARE OOP ORIG Canadian CD (Mint!) US $27.00 Buy It Now 11h
Lot of 15 LP Rock Metal Witchkiller Saxon Tsunami Britny Fox Triumph King Kobra US $99.99 Buy It Now 11h 5m
ADRIAN WESTNEY JR cd A Triumph of Grace PIANO VERY NICE US $14.95 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Triumph MCA Promo 45 Record #52898 VG+ PS Somebody's Out There US $6.00 Buy It Now 11h 34m
TRIUMPH-ALLIED FORCES-JAPAN Ltd.Ed MINI LP CD 0512 Fi83 US $35.50 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Triumph of the Spirit by Various Artists (CD,... US $0.99 [0 bids]
12h
The Jacksons - Triumph LP US $4.82 [0 bids]
Ipso Facto by Rik Emmett/Triumph/new cd/Japan issue same tracks US $50.00 Buy It Now 12h 47m
Ksak Yamada: Symphony in F major 'Triumph and Peace', New Music US $6.51 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Triumph- Surveillance- new/sealed cassette tape US $2.50 Buy It Now 13h 3m
xDeathstarx-The Triumph Christian Metalcore first album remixed remastered! US $6.99 Buy It Now 13h 3m
TRIUMPH 2 LP Lot Allied Forces, Never Surrender US $9.00 [0 bids]
Wu-Tang Clan (feat Cappadonna) - Triumph EP RZA Method Man Rap / Hip Hop US $8.05 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH OF DEATH"V/A"ORG cd Turbo 92,Acheron,Death Yell,Beherit,Carcass... US $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 54m
NM 1980 Triumph / Progressions of Power LP in shrink US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 38m
triumph-mca-thunder seven-sealed US $28.00 Buy It Now 14h 51m
THE JACKSONS - TRIUMPH US $16.11 Buy It Now 15h 5m
TRIUMPH - ALLIED FORCES, AFL1-3902 RCA US $11.00 Buy It Now 15h 30m
FROG EYES - PAUL'S TOMB: A TRIUMPH - NEW CD US $11.54 Buy It Now 15h 35m
LOT OF 4....DEEP PURPLE..RAINBOW..BLACK SABBATH...TRIUMPH...VG+ or BETTER VINYL US $9.99 [1 bids]
TRIUMPH usa dj 45 ALL THE WAY, RCA 13539, 1983 metal US $4.50 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Phazed & Confused by Triumph 2000 (NEW CD, Sep-1999, 2 Discs, Derailed Music) US $3.50 Buy It Now 16h 55m
TRIUMPH Mind Games Empty Inside 12" Vinyl Promo Promotional Record MCA 1985 US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 8m
triumph, scorpions, pat benatar, jethro tull, the police, record lot, LP lot US $75.00 [0 bids]
Triumph Just a Game LP Promo Masterdisk EX+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 35m
(CD) Handel: Triumph of Time & Truth /2CD/Sharon Baker;Dominique Labelle;Stepner US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 37m
7 record lot - Triumph - Styx Equinox - Ted Nugent - Cheap Trick Marseille more US $13.49 [0 bids]
triumph lp rock & roll machine afl1-2982 vg+/vg++ US $4.79 Buy It Now 17h 41m
triumph lp allied forces w/inner afl1-3902 vg+/vg+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Vintage vinyl Triumph Allied Forces 1981 release record LP US $14.00 [0 bids]
IRON FIRE blade of triumph ( POWER EPIC SPEED METAL ) US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 41m
RARE 2 CD - HANDEL TRIUMPH OF TIME & TRUTH - DENYS DARLOW (1986) UK HYPERION US $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 9m
(DR6) CD Manowar The Triumph of Steel 7567824232 9 Tracks US $14.52 Buy It Now 22h 32m
RHAPSODY OF FIRE 'Triumph Or Agony' 13 song power metal cd 2006 US $4.95 [0 bids]
D.O.A. ~Triumph of the Ignoroids~ Special censored Edition~ US $35.00 Buy It Now 23h 56m
WE CAME IN PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND, A RECORED HISTORY, TRIUMPH OF LUNAR LANDING LP US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH-A World Of Fantasy/Too Much Thinking UK 7" Pic Disc EX Cond US $16.11 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH- SELF TITLED VINYL ALBUM US $3.21 Buy It Now 1 day
JACKSONS TRIUMPH FT CAN YOU FEEL IT WALK RIGHT NOW VINYL LP ALBUM EPIC 86112 US $6.44 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH PROGRESSIONS OF POWER LYRIC SHEET IN THE NIGHT/WOMAN IN LOVE EX VINYL LP US $13.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - Thunder Seven LP Vinyl record VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
triumph_MAGAZINE ARTICLE CUTTINGS CLIPPINGS ships from AUSTRALIA US $8.77 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH PROGRESSIONS OF POWER 1980 JAPAN CD OBI 1800yen US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Birtwistle: The Triumph Of Time; Gawains Journey CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GOSPEL GREATS 10: SONGS OF TRIUMPH / VARIOUS NEW CD US $9.86 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH - LIVE AT SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL (+DVD) NEW CD US $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
THE JACKSONS - DESTINY/TRIUMPH - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.29 Buy It Now 1 day
BIRTWISTLE / HOWARTH / PO / LONDON SINFONIETTA - TRIUMPH OF TIME / NEW CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph, Allied Forces. 180 Gram 33rpm Sealed Vinyl LP US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VORAK - Triumph of the will CD Rare 1996 1.p DSTK US $12.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Record Album LP Triumph Allied Forces 1981. excellent condition. US $9.99 [0 bids]
Triumph [CD 1] [Single] [Maxi] [Audio CD] Wu Tang Clan US $5.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph [CD 2] [Single] [Maxi] [Audio CD] Wu Tang Clan US $5.84 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH / PROGRESSIONS OF POWER / 1980 LP EX/EX US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH / THUNDER SEVEN / 1984 USA LP WITH INNER SLEEVE US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
With Triumph Comes Loss by Cataract (CD, Sep-2004, Metal Blade) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Frog Eyes - Paul's Tomb: A Triumph: A Triumph - DOC019CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Elgar Philharmonia/Howarth - Birtwistle: Triumph Of Time [CD New] US $13.60 Buy It Now 1 day
The Triumph Of Man/World's Fair 1964-65/Travelers Insurance Company/33 RPM US $3.99 [0 bids]
MANOWAR - THE TRIUMPH OF STEEL - ORG - 1992 ATLANTIC - 7 82423-2 - HEAVY METAL US $5.50 [4 bids]
Battlesword - Failing In Triumph [CD New] US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE SANTERS - Guitar Alley NM/EX-1984 Hard Rock Metal Triumph "Rare" Passport US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy TRIUMPH music online Buy TRIUMPH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRIUMPH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRIUMPH Thunder Seven ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(35%)

TRIUMPH Thunder Seven reviews

Review by slipperman
1 stars I hate to come down so hard on these guys, but if Triumph are going to be included on this site, they need to come under serious scrutiny. I don't even intend to judge them as a prog band (after all, they are placed in the prog-related category), but on their own merits.

Side 1 offers up 3 songs that veer uncomfortably between wimpy AOR and watered- down lite-metal. The other song on the side, "Cool Down", is a 3rd rate Led Zeppelin-ish rocker, having no more reason to exist than Fastway and Kingdom Come (two other bands who borrowed liberally from L.Z.). There's no real ambition to write original tunes, as many of these ideas sound very familiar, even if FM radio rock isn't your thing. The only difference is that these songs never wore out their welcome on radio.

The second side doesn't get any better. "Time Goes By" shows Rik Emmett sounding very close to Geddy Lee, vocally, and though he always got the comparisons, sometimes it was unfair to both men. Not here. The song is actually the best on the album, with an ambitious arrangement and excellent guitar solo, but it's a dim light in a mire of terrible songs. Two shorts segues follow: a classical guitar exercise, and the a capella "Time Canon", which might've been impressive if we hadn't heard this done a million times better by Gentle Giant (and Queen in "The Prophet Song"). And that's where the prog relation begins and ends, as the final three tracks take us back to the genericness of the first side.

There's so much talent here, but I'm sorry, I just don't "get" Triumph and I probably never will. I've come into contact with their music several times in the last 25 years and I have to sympathize with Rush that this Canadian trio used to get dubbed as a "poor man's Rush" from some critics...that's just insulting to Rush. The album cover's pretty cool though.

Send comments to slipperman (BETA) | Report this review (#65513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2006

Review by greenback
4 stars This record is probably among the Triumph's best ones! It is a sophisticated hard rock that is nevertheless quite accessible. Regarding the question "Is this record progressive?", it is obviously not really progressive, although there are some very light prog related elements. The lead singer has a tone between Journey's Steve Perry and Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant. Speaking of Journey, I think the overall music has resemblances too; it also sounds a bit like hard rock band Night Ranger, at least the bass and the backing vocals arrangements. There are some good background synthesizers and the drums patterns are often varied and fast: those 2 elements certainly avoid this record to abruptly fall into a deja vu hard rock style. Some acoustic guitar bits again bring some variety to the whole: for instance, the acoustic instrumental track "Midsummer's Daydream" proves that Rik Emmet is a VERY talented guitarist. The impressive "Time Canon" reminds a simplified Gentle Giant's vocals canon. The 2 next songs are very slightly progressive, and the record finishes with a very good sentimental bluesy track with very impressive & insistent guitar solos.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#72264) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 18, 2006

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
1 stars I was stuck at a stoplight today and had the car window down trying to enjoy a gorgeous afternoon. The guy in the car next to me also had his window down, and was lip-synching away to his CD player, out of which was blaring “Spellbound”. Took me back all the way to my college days when this album came out and I had to listen to several of these songs on the only half-decent radio station in our town at the time. I realized that I hadn’t played it in over twenty years, and considering the totally crappy day I had today and fighting the desire to throw myself in front of a train, I decided to throw on my very old copy of Thunder Seven instead. After that I find myself thinking that there are still a couple of trains that run yet tonight.

“Spellbound” always struck me as rock-in-a-can, even back in the 80s. Rik Emmett has by far the most annoying metal voice I’ve ever heard, and he seems to have no real ability to stay in tune for more than a couple of notes in a row. Also, I get the impression these guys are mouthing the timing of the tempo to each other in studio when they record, or at least that’s the way this plodding song sounds.

“Rock Out, Roll On” – well, ‘nuff said.

On “Follow Your Heart” Emmett's voice is actually sort of okay for the most part, probably because he shares the vocals with drummer Gil Moore who makes Emmett sound good. The sentiment of the lyrics is pretty typical Triumph stuff – chip on the shoulder, go kick ass in the world and don’t let 'the man' deny you your dreams. Yeah team – go, fight, win! The random high-hat cymbals just seem gratuitous, and the bass has no synchronization with the rest of the song at all.

I guess “Time Goes By” is supposed to be the sort-of ballad, with strangled-cat harmonized vocals and occasional mellow passages, but the overall theme seems to be ‘I’m getting old and I need a chick’ or something to that effect. Nice little guitar solo in the middle though – props to Emmett for that.

“Midsummer’s Daydream” is a brief respite from the onslaught, where Emmett treats us to a short acoustic instrumental that I felt like copying a dozen times or so and using to overwrite the rest of the cassette. “Time Canon” is some sort of barbershop quartet lame knockoff of Spock’s Beard’s “June” I guess, but it’s so out of place and abrupt it actually creeped me out the first couple times I heard it.

“Stranger in a Strange Land” starts off as a pretty decent blues rocker, but for some inexplicable reason someone turns on Emmett’s mike and it pretty much goes downhill from there. There’s a part in the middle of this where he tries to hold a sustained screech of a vocal and my cats actually drag themselves off the floor and leave the room. Both of them!

“Little Boy Blues” is a pretty decent soft bluesy instrumental to close the album. Like “Midsummer’s Daydream”, if the boys would have just extended this to the length of the whole album then the thing would have been a much better offering, perhaps even listenable.

As it is, I know that many fans of the band believe this to be their best studio work. I agree. One star.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#82196) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars If only the music was as great as the cover art!

Thunder Seven is, as its title implies, Triumph's seventh studio album. It is a very uneven album with some good moments and many that can be described as mundane and generic. Thunder Seven is also one of Triumph's most eclectic albums. Spellbound has a rather commercial sound with a catchy chorus clearly geared towards radio play. Rock Out, Roll On could perhaps have been a better song than it is with a better chorus and particularly with better lyrics. The lyrics are deadly uninteresting and standard on almost the whole album. Cool Down is a bluesy rocker that sounds like a total Led Zeppelin rip off. The vocals even sound very much like Robert Plant. Like in Led Zeppelin's music there is also a slight Folk influence manifested here in an acoustic break.

Next up is a Pop Metal song with a forgettable chorus and, again, basic Rock 'N' Roll lyrics. All these straightforward Hard Rock songs are becoming quite tiresome at this point and anyone who would have given up on Thunder Seven after its first four songs might be forgiven. But it gets better! Time Goes By is actually a very good song and here the vocals strongly evoke Steve Perry of Journey. Still even this song will probably not impress the average Prog Rock fan despite its strong melody and its Ritchie Blackmore-like, Neo-Classical solo! Still, it is easily the album's best song.

You cannot accuse Triumph of being original as they often sound like other bands. But they do have a tendency to surprise you when you least expect it! The can create whole albums of boring Hard Rock and then, suddenly, glimpses of creativity and progressive attitude flashes by. On this album these bright moments are represented first by Rik Emmet's Midsummer's Night Dream which is a gorgeous acoustic guitar piece that could have been written and played by Steve Howe or Steve Hackett. This is followed with Time Canon which is an a cappella number full of Queen/Gentle Giant-like harmony vocals! This then leads into the average semi-ballad Killing Time. This song would have fitted perfectly on one of Journey's worst albums! Stranger In A Strange Land is another quite good song with good guitar work and vocals, even the lyrics are decent here. But again, this will certainly not blow the Prog fan away. The album ends with the bluesy instrumental Little Boy Blues.

With several songs about time, you might perhaps say that this album is partly a very loose concept album about time. It has a few good songs and a few short moments showing a progressive mindset. Sadly, the large majority of the material is straightforward and mundane Hard Rock numbers. Triumph never made a great album, but they made better ones than Thunder Seven, both before and after.

Only for fans and collectors

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#246286) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 25, 2009

2 stars It's a pity to see Triumph on this esteemed site, a pity because for all the talent in the band and greatness in the music there is hardly a shred of progressive music to be found in their catalogue, aside from Rik Emmett's classical guitar compositions and a few other musical tricks here and ... (read more)

Report this review (#836272) | Posted by FragileKings | Thursday, October 11, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Triumph is not prog. Let's just get that out there right now. Maybe they should be on this site, maybe they shouldn't. I'm not going to let an argument of "what is prog?" get in the way of reviewing this album though. Here's what you need to know: Triumph is essentially a mix of Led Zeppelin and ... (read more)

Report this review (#263849) | Posted by KansasRushDream | Monday, February 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Some guys may think that I'm exaggerating giving this album 4 stars, but believe me, I'm not!!! This is what the best we can find in Art Rock: songs perfectly executed, full of emotion and with a fine touch of Prog Rock here and there... The combination of the melodic voice of Rik Emmett and t ... (read more)

Report this review (#51365) | Posted by herbie53 | Wednesday, October 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRIUMPH "Thunder Seven"