THUNDER SEVEN

Collectors/fans only

Buy TRIUMPH Music
Studio Album, released in 1984

1. Spellbound (5:14)
2. Rock Out, Roll On (5:17)
3. Cool Down (4:50)
4. Follow Your Heart (3:35)
5. Time Goes By (6:02)
6. Midsummer's Daydream (1:40)
7. Time Canon (1:33)
8. Killing Time (4:17)
9. Stranger in a Strange Land (5:13)
10. Little Boy Blues (3:38)

Total Time: (40:51)

Search TRIUMPH Thunder Seven lyrics

Search TRIUMPH Thunder Seven tabs

- Rik Emmett / guitar, vocals
- Michael Levine / bass, keys
- Gil Moore / drums, vocals

2004 CD TRC #78007

Thanks to Retrovertigo for the addition

TRIUMPH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRIUMPH Thunder Seven Music

Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)Greatest Hits Remixed (CD + DVD)
CD+DVD
TML Entertainment 2010
ClassicsClassics
Tml Entertainment 2007
Allied ForcesAllied Forces
Tml Entertainment 2004
Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
TML Entertainment 2012
Thunder SevenThunder Seven
Just a GameJust a Game
Tml Entertainment 2005
StagesStages
Never SurrenderNever Surrender
Sport of KingsSport of Kings
Tml Entertainment 2005
The Church, Treat Her Right, Bodeans, Megadeth, Triumph - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $9.72 Buy It Now 34m 32s
APOTHEOSUS-THE FALL & THE TRIUMPH-CD-immortal-emperor US $8.99 Buy It Now 44m 52s
Surveillance by Triumph (CD, Jun-2005, TRC Distribution) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
TRIUMPH: NEVER SURRENDER CASSETTE TAPE US $1.89 Buy It Now 1h 33m
TRIUMPH 4 LP LOT ALBUM VINYL COLLECTION Records Thunder Seven/Power/Machin/Game US $18.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Triumph-Thunder Seven-LP-Vinyl Record-OGSleeve-MCA-MCA5537-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Grade - Triumph & Tragedy - CD - NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Triumph - Allied Forces [ 33 rpm vinyl ] US $17.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
The Triumph of Man 33-1/3 RPM New York World's Fair 1964-1965 US $2.25 [0 bids]
LEONARD BERNSTEIN NEW YORK PHILH. INTERNATIONAL TRIUMPH US $8.09 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Various Artists-1970's-Philips-DUTCH IMPORT-6XLP- "Triumph des Barock" US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
While Heaven Wept - Triumph Tragedy Transcendence CD US $19.81 Buy It Now 7h 31m
TRIUMPH CLASSICS 1989 JAPAN CD OBI 2348yen 22P2 1ST PRESS US $59.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
TRIUMPH * NEVER SURRENDER * LP HTF US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Abominant - Triumph Of The Kill [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 9h 42m
TRIUMPH/IVAN PICAZO - Soyuz - 12" US $17.86 Buy It Now 11h 23m
GUSTAV ADOLF MERKEL - TRIUMPH AND TRIBULATION: EIN PORTRAIT DER - NEW CD US $15.89 Buy It Now 12h 6m
QRUJHUK Triumph of the Glorious Blasphemy CD Morbid Burzum Watain Goatmoon Horna US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 7m
MOSTAR DIVING CLUB, The - Triumph Of Hope - CD US $20.01 Buy It Now 13h 5m
TRIUMPH AND TRIBULATION - ORGAN MUSIC - LISZT, ET AL / DEWAR - NEW CD US $15.89 Buy It Now 13h 26m
RHAPSODY OF FIRE -Triumph or Agony- '06, JAPAN OBI+Three Bonus Tracks US $3.90 [1 bids]
THE JACKSONS (Michael Jackson) Triumph CD Classic 1980 Album + Bonus Tracks US $2.49 [1 bids]
TRIUMPH MUSIC FOR ORGAN AND ORCHESTRA - JONGEN, ETC / HAUK - NEW CD US $16.49 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Triumph-Rock & Roll Machine Canadian Silver Vinyl LP 1977 US $33.22 Buy It Now 14h 31m
RUSH - 2112 - Remaster CD - Remastered Power Trio Triumph April Wine Canada US $5.65 Buy It Now 15h 6m
THE QUILL In Triumph CD 2006 Retro Hard Rock US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 24m
TRIUMPH "SPELLBOUND" 45 PS US $4.49 [0 bids]
FRANZ LISZT ~ TASSO - LAMENT AND TRIUMPH / HUNGARIA ~ JANOS FERENCSIK VINYL LP US $13.28 Buy It Now 15h 39m
TRIUMPH Allied Forces (1981) 1985 original USA / JAPAN CD issue no barcode US $32.00 Buy It Now 15h 48m
TRIUMPH - IN THE BEGINNING CD REMASTERED EDITION MINT CONDITION US $8.95 [0 bids]
An International Triumph~Leonard Bernstein~ Vinyl LP ~ ML-5445 US $2.99 Buy It Now 16h 21m
THE TRIUMPH OF MAN NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR 45 VG++ (7" Record) Red Vinyl US $2.75 [0 bids]
Triumph of Love (ost) - Broadway Ca Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.23 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Triumph of the Spirit-Cliff Eidelman Soundtrack-1989 Varese Sarabande! US $16.99 Buy It Now 17h 10m
OVERKILL: Triumph Of The Will LP Rock & Pop US $30.00 Buy It Now 18h 18m
TRIUMPH: The Sport Of Kings (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
Stages - Triumph New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.09 Buy It Now 18h 36m
R&B, THE JACKSONS Triumph 12" Vinyl Record Album. US $2.99 [0 bids]
Triumph:greatest Hits Remixed - Triumph-SEALED-BRAND NEW US $12.75 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Triumph Progressions of Power LP 1980 VG+ RCA Records I Live For the Weekend US $8.95 Buy It Now 19h 25m
Triumph Allied Forces vinyl LP 1981 EX RCA Records Stereo Fool For Your Love US $9.95 Buy It Now 19h 33m
Triumph, Never Surrender Audio CD US $16.76 Buy It Now 19h 46m
The Jacksons Triumph Michael Tito LP/Vinyl Record 1980 Epic FE 36424 US $7.19 Buy It Now 20h 15m
RARE Good Faith GUITAR Rik Emmett TRIUMPH Import US $20.99 Buy It Now 20h 31m
The Sport of Kings [Remaster] by Triumph (CD, Apr-2005, TRC Distribution) US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 41m
With Triumph Comes Loss by Cataract (CD, Sep-2004, Metal Blade) US $4.88 Buy It Now 20h 45m
RIK EMMETT Open House Collective RARE OOP Triumph CANADA TEN INVITATIONS... US $31.99 Buy It Now 20h 52m
FATALLY YOURS - An Almost Sacred Triumph (UK CD ALBUM 2007) Indie Rock*Mint US $3.64 Buy It Now 21h 9m
Triumph Allied Forces LP MCA Records 5542 Rare Rock VG+ US $1.99 [0 bids]
Hot Shower (Slade, Triumph, Alkatrazz, Heaven...) comp. import vinyl LP '82 US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Come Poop with Me [PA] by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (CD, Nov-2003, Warner... US $12.00 Buy It Now 22h 20m
Triumph-"Rock & Roll Machine" (12" LP Attic 1977) Chrome Plated US $24.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH ROCK ROLL MACHINE CASSETTE SEALED ? ? US $15.99 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Triumph - Never Surrender LP Record 1983 US $8.00 Buy It Now 22h 39m
RARE - InnerView- Radio Show - Triumph -1980`s - Complete - EX+ Jim Ladd NR US $34.99 [0 bids]
CATARACT - With Triumph Comes Loss CD SWISS DEATH METAL US $1.00 Buy It Now 23h 50m
Triumph & Agony By Warlock Vinyl 1987 US $9.50 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH Rock & Roll Machine. Canada Rockers. 1978 RCA Vinyl LP Mint! US $14.88 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH Never Surrender 1983 RCA CLASSIC ROCK LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH. RARE. JUST A GAME 8 TRACK. SEALED. GREAT PIECE. US $3.99 [0 bids]
Record/Vinyl/ Triumph Rock n roll machine US $7.99 [0 bids]
Triumph never surrender VG Accept vinyl LP "Budget" Free shipping over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Triumph 'Live At The US Festival 1983' hard rock 2 CD 2003 OOP RARE US $8.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH: Album Oriented Rock N' Roll (allied Forces) (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH/somebody's out there/1986 12" single US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH: Progressions Of Power LP RCA RECORDS AYL14561 US 1980 VG+ US $6.29 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH "NM WAX" Thunder Seven 1984 Japan Press OBI LP e3462 US $0.99 [1 bids]
TRIUMPH "NM WAX" Surveillance 1987 Japan Press OBI LP b1051 US $0.99 [1 bids]
TRIUMPH "PROMO" Rock & Roll Machine Japan Press LP h9555 US $0.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH STAGES JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH~ALBUM ORIENTED ROCK 'N' ROLL .. Rare Radio Show Hard Rock Metal Psych US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE TRIUMPH OF MAN - RARE NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR TRAVELER'S INSURANCE SOUNDTRACK! US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE JACKSONS-TRIUMPH US $8.00 [0 bids]
Triumph - Never Surrender US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage 78 rpm "On a Note of Triumph" by Norman Corwin, Columbia, MM-575, 1945 US $99.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT - TRIUMPH: TRAGEDY: TRANSCENDENCE (+DVD) NEW CD US $24.20 Buy It Now 1 day
VG++ TRIUMPH NEVER SURRENDER VG++ LP RCA AFL1-4382 US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH SPORT OF KINGS 1986 LP MCA 5786 US $3.98 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH "THUNDER SEVEN" LP RARE FRENCH PRESSING GEMA/BIEM 251 631-1 AWESOME US $5.99 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH "Just A Game" (CD) HEAVY ROCK Classic US $13.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Anthro Halaust - Triumph of Satan CD US $16.75 Buy It Now 1 day
CLASSICS FOR ETERNITY *** 3 X CD SET new *** inspiration tranquillity triumph US $17.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Winterfylleth - Threnody Of Triumph LP Vinyl Record US $33.24 Buy It Now 1 day
WINTERFYLLETH - THRENODY OF TRIUMPH NEW VINYL US $39.19 Buy It Now 1 day
PHILIP BAILEY Japan LP with OBI, TRIUMPH US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
UNKNOWN PEOPLE - TRIUMPH [EP] (828600404925) - NEW CD US $13.43 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH (CANADIAN ROCK/METAL GROUP) progressions of power LP 9 track deletion cu US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph of Steel [VINYL] * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $28.31 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH - ROCK & ROLL MACHINE CD REMASTERED EDITION MINT US $8.95 [0 bids]
TRIUMPH 3 LP LOT...PROGESSIONS...ALLIED FORCES...JUST A GAME(NO JACKET) ALL MINT US $11.99 [0 bids]
Sheila Walsh - Triumph In The Air - LP US $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH-I LIVE FOR THE WEEKEND 1980 RCA PROMO 7" US $6.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Joe Meek Triumph Session Work In Progress double LP Sealed Import US $27.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA! bs1 US $10.23 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA MUFFINS - TRIUMPH OF SUGAR OI! (UK) NEW VINYL US $66.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Triumph - Thunder Seven LP Vinyl record VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRIUMPH-ALLIED FORCES-JAPAN Ltd.Ed MINI LP CD 0512 Fi83 US $35.50 Buy It Now 1 day
D.O.A./ Triumph Of The Ignoroids/ Friends/ 1981 Pressing/ KBD/ NM US $39.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Hellhammer - Triumph Of Death MEGA RARE CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
Triumph Rock N Roll Machine 12" Record 1977 Emmett Moore Levine US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy TRIUMPH music online Buy TRIUMPH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRIUMPH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRIUMPH Thunder Seven ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(34%)

TRIUMPH Thunder Seven reviews

Review by slipperman
1 stars I hate to come down so hard on these guys, but if Triumph are going to be included on this site, they need to come under serious scrutiny. I don't even intend to judge them as a prog band (after all, they are placed in the prog-related category), but on their own merits.

Side 1 offers up 3 songs that veer uncomfortably between wimpy AOR and watered- down lite-metal. The other song on the side, "Cool Down", is a 3rd rate Led Zeppelin-ish rocker, having no more reason to exist than Fastway and Kingdom Come (two other bands who borrowed liberally from L.Z.). There's no real ambition to write original tunes, as many of these ideas sound very familiar, even if FM radio rock isn't your thing. The only difference is that these songs never wore out their welcome on radio.

The second side doesn't get any better. "Time Goes By" shows Rik Emmett sounding very close to Geddy Lee, vocally, and though he always got the comparisons, sometimes it was unfair to both men. Not here. The song is actually the best on the album, with an ambitious arrangement and excellent guitar solo, but it's a dim light in a mire of terrible songs. Two shorts segues follow: a classical guitar exercise, and the a capella "Time Canon", which might've been impressive if we hadn't heard this done a million times better by Gentle Giant (and Queen in "The Prophet Song"). And that's where the prog relation begins and ends, as the final three tracks take us back to the genericness of the first side.

There's so much talent here, but I'm sorry, I just don't "get" Triumph and I probably never will. I've come into contact with their music several times in the last 25 years and I have to sympathize with Rush that this Canadian trio used to get dubbed as a "poor man's Rush" from some critics...that's just insulting to Rush. The album cover's pretty cool though.

Send comments to slipperman (BETA) | Report this review (#65513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2006

Review by greenback
4 stars This record is probably among the Triumph's best ones! It is a sophisticated hard rock that is nevertheless quite accessible. Regarding the question "Is this record progressive?", it is obviously not really progressive, although there are some very light prog related elements. The lead singer has a tone between Journey's Steve Perry and Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant. Speaking of Journey, I think the overall music has resemblances too; it also sounds a bit like hard rock band Night Ranger, at least the bass and the backing vocals arrangements. There are some good background synthesizers and the drums patterns are often varied and fast: those 2 elements certainly avoid this record to abruptly fall into a deja vu hard rock style. Some acoustic guitar bits again bring some variety to the whole: for instance, the acoustic instrumental track "Midsummer's Daydream" proves that Rik Emmet is a VERY talented guitarist. The impressive "Time Canon" reminds a simplified Gentle Giant's vocals canon. The 2 next songs are very slightly progressive, and the record finishes with a very good sentimental bluesy track with very impressive & insistent guitar solos.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#72264) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 18, 2006

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
1 stars I was stuck at a stoplight today and had the car window down trying to enjoy a gorgeous afternoon. The guy in the car next to me also had his window down, and was lip-synching away to his CD player, out of which was blaring “Spellbound”. Took me back all the way to my college days when this album came out and I had to listen to several of these songs on the only half-decent radio station in our town at the time. I realized that I hadn’t played it in over twenty years, and considering the totally crappy day I had today and fighting the desire to throw myself in front of a train, I decided to throw on my very old copy of Thunder Seven instead. After that I find myself thinking that there are still a couple of trains that run yet tonight.

“Spellbound” always struck me as rock-in-a-can, even back in the 80s. Rik Emmett has by far the most annoying metal voice I’ve ever heard, and he seems to have no real ability to stay in tune for more than a couple of notes in a row. Also, I get the impression these guys are mouthing the timing of the tempo to each other in studio when they record, or at least that’s the way this plodding song sounds.

“Rock Out, Roll On” – well, ‘nuff said.

On “Follow Your Heart” Emmett's voice is actually sort of okay for the most part, probably because he shares the vocals with drummer Gil Moore who makes Emmett sound good. The sentiment of the lyrics is pretty typical Triumph stuff – chip on the shoulder, go kick ass in the world and don’t let 'the man' deny you your dreams. Yeah team – go, fight, win! The random high-hat cymbals just seem gratuitous, and the bass has no synchronization with the rest of the song at all.

I guess “Time Goes By” is supposed to be the sort-of ballad, with strangled-cat harmonized vocals and occasional mellow passages, but the overall theme seems to be ‘I’m getting old and I need a chick’ or something to that effect. Nice little guitar solo in the middle though – props to Emmett for that.

“Midsummer’s Daydream” is a brief respite from the onslaught, where Emmett treats us to a short acoustic instrumental that I felt like copying a dozen times or so and using to overwrite the rest of the cassette. “Time Canon” is some sort of barbershop quartet lame knockoff of Spock’s Beard’s “June” I guess, but it’s so out of place and abrupt it actually creeped me out the first couple times I heard it.

“Stranger in a Strange Land” starts off as a pretty decent blues rocker, but for some inexplicable reason someone turns on Emmett’s mike and it pretty much goes downhill from there. There’s a part in the middle of this where he tries to hold a sustained screech of a vocal and my cats actually drag themselves off the floor and leave the room. Both of them!

“Little Boy Blues” is a pretty decent soft bluesy instrumental to close the album. Like “Midsummer’s Daydream”, if the boys would have just extended this to the length of the whole album then the thing would have been a much better offering, perhaps even listenable.

As it is, I know that many fans of the band believe this to be their best studio work. I agree. One star.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#82196) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars If only the music was as great as the cover art!

Thunder Seven is, as its title implies, Triumph's seventh studio album. It is a very uneven album with some good moments and many that can be described as mundane and generic. Thunder Seven is also one of Triumph's most eclectic albums. Spellbound has a rather commercial sound with a catchy chorus clearly geared towards radio play. Rock Out, Roll On could perhaps have been a better song than it is with a better chorus and particularly with better lyrics. The lyrics are deadly uninteresting and standard on almost the whole album. Cool Down is a bluesy rocker that sounds like a total Led Zeppelin rip off. The vocals even sound very much like Robert Plant. Like in Led Zeppelin's music there is also a slight Folk influence manifested here in an acoustic break.

Next up is a Pop Metal song with a forgettable chorus and, again, basic Rock 'N' Roll lyrics. All these straightforward Hard Rock songs are becoming quite tiresome at this point and anyone who would have given up on Thunder Seven after its first four songs might be forgiven. But it gets better! Time Goes By is actually a very good song and here the vocals strongly evoke Steve Perry of Journey. Still even this song will probably not impress the average Prog Rock fan despite its strong melody and its Ritchie Blackmore-like, Neo-Classical solo! Still, it is easily the album's best song.

You cannot accuse Triumph of being original as they often sound like other bands. But they do have a tendency to surprise you when you least expect it! The can create whole albums of boring Hard Rock and then, suddenly, glimpses of creativity and progressive attitude flashes by. On this album these bright moments are represented first by Rik Emmet's Midsummer's Night Dream which is a gorgeous acoustic guitar piece that could have been written and played by Steve Howe or Steve Hackett. This is followed with Time Canon which is an a cappella number full of Queen/Gentle Giant-like harmony vocals! This then leads into the average semi-ballad Killing Time. This song would have fitted perfectly on one of Journey's worst albums! Stranger In A Strange Land is another quite good song with good guitar work and vocals, even the lyrics are decent here. But again, this will certainly not blow the Prog fan away. The album ends with the bluesy instrumental Little Boy Blues.

With several songs about time, you might perhaps say that this album is partly a very loose concept album about time. It has a few good songs and a few short moments showing a progressive mindset. Sadly, the large majority of the material is straightforward and mundane Hard Rock numbers. Triumph never made a great album, but they made better ones than Thunder Seven, both before and after.

Only for fans and collectors

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#246286) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 25, 2009

2 stars It's a pity to see Triumph on this esteemed site, a pity because for all the talent in the band and greatness in the music there is hardly a shred of progressive music to be found in their catalogue, aside from Rik Emmett's classical guitar compositions and a few other musical tricks here and ... (read more)

Report this review (#836272) | Posted by FragileKings | Thursday, October 11, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Triumph is not prog. Let's just get that out there right now. Maybe they should be on this site, maybe they shouldn't. I'm not going to let an argument of "what is prog?" get in the way of reviewing this album though. Here's what you need to know: Triumph is essentially a mix of Led Zeppelin and ... (read more)

Report this review (#263849) | Posted by KansasRushDream | Monday, February 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Some guys may think that I'm exaggerating giving this album 4 stars, but believe me, I'm not!!! This is what the best we can find in Art Rock: songs perfectly executed, full of emotion and with a fine touch of Prog Rock here and there... The combination of the melodic voice of Rik Emmett and t ... (read more)

Report this review (#51365) | Posted by herbie53 | Wednesday, October 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRIUMPH "Thunder Seven"