'71-'75

Delirium '71-'75 album cover

Buy DELIRIUM Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2005

CD 1 (78:08)
1. Preludio (paura) (3:56)
2. Movimento I (egoismo) (4:40)
3. Movimento II (dubbio) (3:24)
4. To Satchmo, Bird And Other Unforgettable Friends (dolore) (5:41)
5. Sequenza I e II (ipocrisia - veritā) (3:35)
6. Johnnie Sayre (il perdono) (4:57)
7. Favola o storia del lago di Kriss (libertā) (4:22)
8. Dolce acqua (speranza) (5:51)
9. Canto di osanna (singolo) (4:46)
10. Deliriana (singolo) (3:33)
11. Jesahel (4:08)
12. Villaggio (5:13)
13. Tremori antichi (2:21)
14. Gioia, disordine, risentimento (7:17)
15. La mia pazzia (3:26)
16. Sogno (5:46)
17. Dimensione uomo (4:37)

CD 2 (73:09)
1. Culto disarmonico (3:44)
2. Pensiero per un abbandono (4:37)
3. King's Road (strumentale - singolo) (4:37)
4. Haum! (singolo) (3:19)
5. E' l'ora (singolo) (3:57)
6. Treno (singolo) (2:53)
7. Il dono (4:16)
8. Viaggio negli arcipelaghi del tempo (4:38)
9. Fuga n°1 (6:42)
10. Dio del silenzio (2:56)
11. La battaglia degli eterni piani (6:42)
12. Un uomo (2:06)
13. Viaggio n°2 (4:25)
14. Ancora un'alba (2:47)
15. Buana, The Rainbow (singolo) (4:04)
16. Signore (singolo) (3:58)
17. Cow boy (singolo) (3:59)
18. Corri bambino (singolo) (2:48)

Search DELIRIUM '71-'75 lyrics

Search DELIRIUM '71-'75 tabs

- Ivano Fossati / lead vocals, acoustic & electric flute, acoustic guitar, recorder, harmonica (CD 1 tracks 1-11)
- Marcello Reale / bass, contrabass, guitar, vocals
- Peppino Di Santo / drums, percussion, timpani, vocals
- Ettore Vigo / piano, moog, organ, electric piano, celesta, vibraphone, cembalo, prepared piano, harmonium
- Mimmo Di Martino / guitars, vocals
- Martin Frederick Grice / flute, saxs, vocals, keyboards (CD 1 tracks 12-17 - CD 2)

2CDs Warner Music 5050467-7070-2-3 (2005)

Thanks to andrea for the addition

DELIRIUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DELIRIUM '71-'75 Music

LP dolce acqua ~ USD $25.86
CD dolce acqua ~ USD $20.06
CD lll- il viaggio negli arcipelaghi del tempo ~ USD $20.06
LP lo scemo e il villaggio ~ USD $25.86

More places to buy DELIRIUM music online Buy DELIRIUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DELIRIUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DELIRIUM '71-'75 ratings distribution

DELIRIUM '71-'75 reviews

Review by andrea
4 stars Well, actually this is not a simply anthology: this is the Delirium's "opera omnia" remastered and put together on two CDs (for the price of one). You can find here all the three Delirium's albums of the 70's ("Dolce acqua", "Lo scemo e il villaggio" and "Delirium III: Viaggio negli arcipelaghi del tempo") along with ten other songs previously released only as singles. So, though I don't think that Delirium are the most relevant band of the "Italian progressive style" (and though the booklet is very poor, indeed, lacking informations about the musicians and the history of the band), I think this could be an excellent addition to any prog collection.

Send comments to andrea (BETA) | Report this review (#49639) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 01, 2005

Review by Todd
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano!
4 stars What a bargain! There's a lot of great music here. In fact, on 2 discs we get every one of Delirium's three studio albums, with no deletions! As a bonus, we also get 11 singles they released from 1971 through 1975. That's a lot of music for a low price, and much of that music is excellent, perhaps even essential.

Regarding the three studio albums, I am in the minority in favoring III and Lo Scemo over Dolce Acqua, though I enjoy all three. But you can look at the separate reviews of those albums. Regarding this collection, the booklet is pretty much useless. I also have the Italian mini-LP version of III, and that booklet is better. However, the sound isn't different to my ears, and the booklet is a small price to pay in my opinon for all the great music you get in this collection.

The singles are less to my taste--very pop, though tastefully done for the most part. An exception is King's Road (Strumentale), which is outstanding.

Overall, this collection is THE way to meet the band, and also THE way to complete the Delirium catalogue. I would consider their second and third albums as at least four stars by themselves, so for me the collection merits four stars.

Edit: Since the BTF reissue of the first three albums as Italian mini lps, these are the preferred way to experience the band. The singles really don't make the collection necessary if you have the individual albums. However, if you're on a tight budget, this is definitely something to consider.

Send comments to Todd (BETA) | Report this review (#196952) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 02, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars EDIT: As collection, it is almost supposed to have few blind spots of not so interesting music. But that's not case of this album so much, as most of songs here sounds good. Even it's based on three albums and ten singles (thanks previous reviewer for correcting facts), they're planted here, put together in very clever way, that you won't even notice that it's collection. The best sounding "epic" epic of 70's? Probably not, but still it's a good album. When listening all tracks at once, it (2 hours, 30 minutes, do you even have a time to listen it at once?), it can be somehow weary, as it "sounds" quite similar. Something that Jethro Tull (flute somebody? I hear it here) managed, to have distinct sound.

Really good deal. It is long, in fact, it is as long as 2 CD's can be, so of course, there will be some boring parts (they can't have every song perfect) and I'm aware of that. But when considering it's a compilation, for me, it stands very high above other collections. It's basically offering of their entire material from studio albums I believe (I hope). Musically, it's one of the better, old RPI groups (for me at least), I like them for their unique sound and for having good elements in their music. And also for their accessibility, almost everybody can listen to it, while maintaining high standard of music.

4(-) for moderately good collection of mostly good songs. Just hear it for yourself, it's worth of it.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#250460) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009

Post a review of DELIRIUM "'71-'75"