ZINC (GREEN ALBUM)

Buy EDDIE JOBSON Music
Studio Album, released in 1983

1. Transporter (1:11)
2. Resident (6:01)
3. Easy For You to Say (4:07)
4. Prelude (2:30)
5. Nostalgia (2:27)
6. Walking From Pastel (2:07)
7. Turn It Over (4:15)
8. Green Face (4:22)
9. Who My Friends... (6:31)
10. Colour Code (1:05)
11. Listen to Reason (5:56)
12. Through the Glass (6:03)
13. Transporter II (0:22)

Search EDDIE JOBSON Zinc (Green Album) lyrics

- Nick Moroch / guitar
- Cary Sharaf / guitar
- Michael Cuneo / guitar
- Gary Green / guitar

LP Capitol #4001831 (1983)
CD One Way #56846 (1993)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition
and to Cesar Inca for the last updates

EDDIE JOBSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EDDIE JOBSON Zinc (Green Album) Music

Zinc: The Green AlbumZinc: The Green Album
Emi / Capitol
Vinyl$19.95 (used)
JOBSON, EDDIE / ZINC the green album EX/EX JAPAN ECS-81607 | 14-0725-030 USD $38.99 Buy It Now 21h 38m
ROCK LP: EDDIE JOBSON Zinc THE GREEN ALBUM Capitol Records 1983 GARY GREEN EX- USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Zinc (The Green Album) by Eddie Jobson USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Eddie Jobson / ZINC - The Green Album MINT / NEAR MINT 1983 US Capitol ST-12275 USD $28.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Brand New Sealed CD EDDIE JOBSON / ZINC THE GREEN ALBUM, US Seller USD $19.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Eddie Jobson Zinc The Green Album Mini LP Platinum SHM CD JAPAN UICY-40090 USD $20.50 [2 bids]
EDDIE JOBSON / ZINC-THE GREEN ALBUM-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed G00 USD $26.99 Buy It Now 6 days
EDDIE JOBSON ZINC THE GREEN ALBUM HR CUTTING JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD USD $32.00 Buy It Now 7 days
EDDIE JOBSON /ZINC-THE GREEN ALBUM-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed K25 USD $41.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Eddie Jobson Zinc the Green album Capitol ST 12275 SEALED USD $19.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Eddie Jobson/Zinc - Green Album - CD Japan 1993 TOCP-7977 VERY RARE OOP UK MINT! USD $50.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SHM SACD Eddie Jobson Zinc The Green Album +1 Bonus JAPAN ver. '14 DSD master USD $67.00 Buy It Now 13 days
EDDIE JOBSON / ZINC The Green Album JAPAN LP PROMO Colored Vinyl NM WAX w/OBI USD $29.99 Buy It Now 21 days
EDDIE JOBSON Zinc The Green Album LP 1983 VG+/VG+ Vinyl Roxy Music Made Canada USD $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
EDDIE JOBSON ZINC THE GREEN ALBUM WITH BONUS TRACK JAPAN MINI LP SHM SACD USD $51.80 Buy It Now 25 days
EDDIE JOBSON ZINC THE GREEN ALBUM HR CUTTING JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM CD USD $45.00 Buy It Now 25 days
EDDIE JOBSON / ZINC: The Green Album LP CAPITOL RECORDS ST12275 US 1983 PROMO NM USD $8.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Eddie Jobson Zinc The Green Album Colored Vinyl LP w/OBI King Crimson USD $29.99 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy EDDIE JOBSON music online Buy EDDIE JOBSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EDDIE JOBSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EDDIE JOBSON Zinc (Green Album) ratings distribution

EDDIE JOBSON Zinc (Green Album) reviews

Review by greenback
4 stars Having played for the prog bands UK and Jethro Tull, Eddie Jobson decided after to start a solo career, and "Zinc" is his first album. Absolutely progressive, the tracks are often loaded and dynamic. Jobson even provides the lead vocals, which are really not bad. He plays some excellent electric violin parts, as always. The main strength are his keyboards arrangements: I've rarely seen a musician mastering so well the keyboards!! The keyboards sounds are EXTREMELY varied, very modern for the year and absolutely futuristic. Jobson is able to create many spacy, mellow & very dreamy atmospheres, with a sci-fi approach: the pleasant textures generate an indescribable trance state which you will not want to lose; Jobson's technique partly resides in inserting a gentle & melodic sequencer through some floating ambience. He plays an OUTSTANDING piano solo a la Patrick Moraz: do not miss it! The rock dimension is very present, almost hard rock, as reveals the sharp electric guitars and acoustic ones (Gary Green, of Gentle Giant, is a guest musician on couples of tracks). The drums and the bass do an excellent job. Eddie Jobson still proves here that he is one of the best keyboardist of the prog scene.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#49622) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 01, 2005

Review by Gatot
2 stars Before I bought this album I wanted to kill my curiosity: "How would it like if Mr. Jobson composed his own music through his own album?". This happened after I was amazed with his contribution in UK especially through live concerts "Night After Night" and "Concert Classic Vol. 4". My expectation of his solo album was very high because I truly admired him being in studio album of UK as well as concert album. What I found at first spin was a great disappointment. Not because of his musicianship or performance. Yes, I admit that he is a virtuoso in electric violin as well as keyboard. I admired him as I did the same with Jean Luc Ponty, Didier Lockwood, or Jerry Goodman on violin part of his talent. But, making his own music is a different ballgame, I would say. Listening to this album at first time was a bit flabbergasted for me personally - not to mention I was a bit upset. It's probably my fault on putting high expectation about him. If he did a great job in UK while he had to share his play with Holdsworth on guitar and Wetton, or Bruford, it would be really great if he did it all alone.

The major flaw of this album is on composition and harmonies. I don't see the flow of music in this album is cohesive as the arrangement sounds like being "forced" sounding like this. If I might compare the style, this album is pretty similar with Tony Banks' "The Fugitive" with pop touches. Zinc is not that pop as The Fugitive but from the vocal department it's pretty clear that it's like a pop rock arrangement. Yes, for those of you who like his style with UK, his keyboard work sounds like that - but it's not as fashionable like Time To Kill in UK. I do not consider his involvement with Jethro Tull something that's really remarkable - because as the Tull album "A" was supposed to be an Ian Anderson's solo album. So you can imagine the extent of contribution Mr. Jobson was in the "A" album.

Is it a bad album? Nope! Not at all . I still can enjoy this album, especially during the time (recently) when I heard that this album would be added in this site - I played it many times in its entirety. But, I still found something is missing. I thought the inclusion of Gary Green (Gentle Giant) on guitar would help a lot - it's not that obvious. So, I should categorize this album as collectors / fans only. If you are a truly fan of Jobson, definitely you will enjoy it. But, I would not recommend this album to prog newbie. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#49635) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 01, 2005

Review by Tom Ozric
3 stars Eddie Jobson - Zinc. This album, to me, is difficult to assess. The musicianship is quite high (as you would expect from E.J. - no, not Elton John...) - but fails to actually jump out and 'grab' these ears. I would have to put it down to the overall production - it's quite 'plastic' and very 80's. This album reminds me strongly of Genesis' self-titled album from the same year. Surprising is the guest appearance of former GENTLE GIANT guitarist Gary Green, but his contribution is minimal and doesn't add much to the music unfortunately. The compositions themselves are fine (especially the instrumental pieces and the longer cuts) but there are some very 'pop' moments on the LP which bring down the score somewhat. From Eddie's work with Curved Air (the absolutely fantastic 'Air Cut'), 3 high quality U.K. albums, his collaboration with Tull (the fantastic album 'A', which cops a lot of negative raps) and he also added a lot more good than bad to Roxy Music's mid-70's albums. He did some sessions for the legendary Frank Zappa as well ; you would expect this album to be oozing with splendour, but it seems to be a 'product of the times' kind of album. 2 & 1/2 stars rounded up (out of respect).

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#89230) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 08, 2006

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Jobson's own UK

In many ways Eddie Jobson's first solo album can be seen as a continuation of the band UK. For their first album, UK had four members, before their second album they lost half of the original band. Now 'UK' is again cut in half with only Jobson left. Musically there are some similarities with UK but this is perhaps a bit more electronic and adapted for the 80's. But there are also acoustic and electric guitars, piano and real drums so this is far from an all electronic affair. Pieces like Prelude and Nostalgia are rather classical and not at all electronic. There are other numbers that sound slightly like the Synth Pop of the early 80's. Almost like Depeche Mode but with violin solos and much more elaborated in structure. The eclectic mix of that electronic style with many other styles not normally considered compatible makes this interesting and enjoyable.

Jobson's vocals might not be very distinctive but he does a decent job. There are some parts reminding me of the sound of Yes' Drama. Jobson's vocals are somewhat similar to those of Trevor Horn and also the keyboard sounds are sometimes similar to those of Drama.

The quality of the compositions is far behind those of UK and some other groups Jobson had worked with. Jobson is clearly not the songwriter that John Wetton is. However, over several listens some nice melodies reveal themselves. Zinc is a very eclectic work and there are many interesting styles and sounds to be found here.

While I find this album very listenable it doesn't leave any lasting impression. It is a good but non-essential album that might appeal to fans of UK.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#226720) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars What a disappointment!

This is the same Eddie Jobson who played amazingly with Curved Air, with Frank Zappa, with UK, with Roxy Music, with Jethro Tull... The key word apparently is "with".

On this, his first solo album, his main problem is composing. Nearly every song has a great intro. Some have great solos. But as soon as the verse sections begin, the music lapses into 1980's synth-pop. Think Gary Numan trying to be upbeat. And those vocals. Jobson almost has a good singing voice. But not quite. Everything come out just a bit on the shrill side.

It is good to hear Gary Green from Gentle Giant, and the two tracks he appears on are the best of the lot. But that's not saying much.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#275815) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2010

2 stars Like many other reviewers, I find that this release never really "grabs" me. Jobson is, without a doubt, a great musician, as evidenced by his work with Roxy Music, UK, and Jethro Tull, but on this record he falls flat, in my opinion at least, as a composer. There is nothing bad here. However, ... (read more)

Report this review (#280732) | Posted by mohaveman | Thursday, May 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of my top ten for sure. With this one eddie not only cemented his rep as a performer, but also introduced a new facet as a bona fide composer (Yes, Yes he contributed here and there, but this is his own solo product from A to Z). Just about everything in the album is perfect. As mentioned ... (read more)

Report this review (#253566) | Posted by raelreels | Sunday, November 29, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've read a mixture of pros and cons reviews for this album, and, without repeating anything, I'll add this: There are moments on this album that are absolutely brilliant! Awesome displays of compositional/performance prowess. If strung together, they'd make a classic montage that everyone would ... (read more)

Report this review (#127055) | Posted by ProgNosticate | Thursday, June 28, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Ooooh, brother. Bad, bad move. In spite of his magnificent chops, I'd never been convinced by Jobson as a melodist, and here's the proof. In 1982-3 progsters everywhere were jumping on the pop bandwagon, if only to keep body and soul (and record deal) together. Some did it well - Banco's 1983 ... (read more)

Report this review (#97879) | Posted by Paul Stump | Thursday, November 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars It'really hard to rewiev this album... Why? Because I have always appreciated Eddie Jobson as a great keyboards player (and violinist) and also as a composer. He had a big contribiution in creating U.K. album bringing perfect skills in playnig and unusual music ideas in composing (alongside w ... (read more)

Report this review (#89508) | Posted by Patique | Tuesday, September 12, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Progressive electronic???This is npt my genre and I really prefer the sound of Pink Floyd or Genesis, more traditional and not unusual as this work...I prefer the 'natural' sound of the guitar of Stve Howe, or the drum of Giles, or the voice of peter hammil...But this is only an opinion. ... (read more)

Report this review (#65638) | Posted by Kord | Friday, January 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EDDIE JOBSON "Zinc (Green Album)"