FIELD OF VISION

Credo

Credo Field Of Vision  album cover

Buy CREDO Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

1. Rules Of Engagement (3:40)
2. Good Boy (5:18)
3. Don't Look Back (4:51)
4. Alicia (4:46)
5. Power To The Nth Degree (4:51)
6. Phantom (4:08)
7. Sweet Scarlet Whisper (4:42)
8. Party (5:46)

- Tim Birrell / guitar
- Mik Stovold / keyboards
- Mark Colton / vocals
- Jim Murdoch / bass

CD Cyclops CYCL012 (1994)

CREDO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CREDO Field Of Vision Music

Against ReasonAgainst Reason
CDBY 2011
Field of VisionField of Vision
Cyclops Records 1994
Simbolo De Nuestra FeSimbolo De Nuestra Fe
Freddie Records 2005
This Is What We Do: Live In Poland (Ltd. Edition)This Is What We Do: Live In Poland (Ltd. Edition)
Limited Edition
METAL MIN2 2009
Russian CD Elena Pogrebizhskaja (ex-Butch) - Credo US $8.95 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Liszt, Missa Choralis,Kyrie,gloria,Credo,sanctus,benedictus, LP 12" TW840 US $13.43 Buy It Now 6h 59m
THE HUMAN LEAGUE "CREDO" 2011 CD (DIGIPAK) US $6.71 [0 bids]
TIMI YURO SINGS IN ITALIAN TI CREDO FRENCH ONLY ORIG EP 45 PS 7" US $89.00 Buy It Now 10h 47m
FISH: Credo 12 (UK, limited edition textured cover box set sealed w/ title stic US $60.00 Buy It Now 11h 12m
JENNIFER RUSH Credo 1997 HOLLAND EURO CD single US $12.75 Buy It Now 14h 8m
MR. CREDO - THE BEST - LUCHSHEE 2CD DIGIPAK BRAND NEW US $14.95 Buy It Now 14h 24m
Guillaume DUFAY: Mass for St. James the Greater, Gloria, Credo, BINCHOIS CONSORT US $3.74 [0 bids]
Robert Felix Mi Credo CD US $5.46 Buy It Now 20h 33m
Verdi - Quattro Pezzi Sacri / Vivaldi - Credo -Berliner Phiharmoniker, US $4.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Credo Penderecki / Banse / Randle / Rilling / Obf Orch CD US $12.62 Buy It Now 1 day
MENTAL DEMISE: PSYCHO-PENETRATION | CREDO QUIA ABSURDUM..? NEW CD 2000 US $15.75 Buy It Now 1 day
MIREILLE MATHIEU - MON CREDO / QU'ELLE EST BELLE 7" TURKISH PRESSING US $30.00 [0 bids]
Tulip Label DGG LP VIVALDI-CASELLA Gloria And Credo US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FISH-CREDO/POET'S MOON M- UK rock vinyl 45+PS US $10.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MIREILLE MATHIEU - MON CREDO / C'EST TON NOM - BARCLAY 45RPM US $3.97 Buy It Now 1 day
VIVALDI / SOLISTI VENETI: Messa RV586, Credo RV591 (incredibly RARE Italia CD) US $14.99 [0 bids]
ROBERT SUND - CREDO: SCHAFER & TALLIS NEW CD US $25.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Sund,Robert - Credo-Schafer & Tallis [CD New] US $14.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Credo-Luce US $4.34 Buy It Now 2 days
CAGE / QUATUOR HELIOS - CREDO IN US / IMAGINARY LANDSCAPES 1 & 3 / NEW CD US $31.53 Buy It Now 2 days
SCHUBERT CREDO MASS IN G MAJOR PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA KENNEDY SCOTT US $11.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Salena Jones With Tony Osborne And His Orchestra ?- I Am Yours (Mon Credo) 7" US $8.40 Buy It Now 2 days
James Baldwin. Black Man in America. Credo 1. An Interview - LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Carola. Credo. Great Swedish pop CD 2004. US $7.99 [0 bids]
Credo: Schafer & Tallis Robert Sund CD US $15.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Credo - This is what we do, Live CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
-Credo-Audio CD US $8.83 Buy It Now 3 days
EUGENE BIGOT / GUENOT ? PIERRE DUPONT les boeufs GOUBLIER credo du paysan 78rpm US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MICHAEL DENHOFF - MICHAEL DENHOFF: CREDO - NEW CD US $16.01 Buy It Now 3 days
PEPPINO GAGLIARDI Ti credo Italie 45 Teen Mod Popcorn Listen US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Human League, Credo Audio CD US $10.28 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE PEPPPINO DI CAPRI E I SUOI ROCKERS EP "Non Ti Credo"- US $15.00 [0 bids]
Credo - Dmitri Hvorostovsky St Petersburg Chamber Choir Nikolai Korniev CD US $13.36 Buy It Now 4 days
Credo, New Music US $7.76 Buy It Now 4 days
HUMAN LEAGUE CD CREDO 2011 album + A4 PROMO SHEET US $16.72 Buy It Now 4 days
VIVALDI GLORIA & CREDO (DGG Import) NM US $3.00 [0 bids]
MIREILLE MATHIEU MON CREDO LE CHAEM DE MIREILLE ORIGINAL JAPAN CD 30CP-33 US $229.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Non Opus Dei VI: The Satanachists Credo Witchcraft US $6.66 [0 bids]
ROBERT FELIX - MI CREDO NEW CD US $13.15 Buy It Now 5 days
EP TIMI YURO '' TI CREDO '' FRANCE US $27.99 [0 bids]
Credo - Helene Grimaud; Swedish Radio SO, Esa-Pekka Salonen conductor; MINT CD US $4.48 Buy It Now 5 days
Credo: Classical Music Reflection & Meditation / V CD US $8.28 Buy It Now 5 days
THE CYCLOPS SAMPLER UK 1994 CD PROGRESSIVE CREDO HAZE GRACE EPILOGUE SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
I CRAZY BOYS - PER CONQUISTARE TE, IL CREDO - ROCK - 45 ITALY US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Mozart: Credo-Messe, New Music US $13.42 Buy It Now 5 days
SPIRITUAL JAZZ 45 Mary Lou Williams ?- Credo / It Ain't Necessarily So US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Thunderwheel ?- Credo CD NEO-ROMANTIC NEO-CLASSIC INDUSTRIAL EXPERIMEN NOSTALGIC US $4.99 [0 bids]
Cantabo Domino boys' choir: Mozart: Credo Mass. 60s Dutch private VERY RARE! US $49.99 [0 bids]
ALAN REED First In A Field Of One CD PROG (Pallas, Magenta, Pendragon, Credo) US $14.99 [0 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH Credo - 1997 Dutch 3-trk CD single - incl Fortress Remix 1997 US $7.00 [0 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH Credo - 1997 Dutch 2-trk Promo CD single - CDP 519 772 US $10.00 [0 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH Credo - 1997 Spanish 2-trk Promo CD single - PH 97005 -in card slv US $10.00 [0 bids]
1914 Titta Ruffo Otello Credo Victor 88466 one side NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Donizetti Messa Di Gloria E Credo Bader Musica Sacra US $10.25 [0 bids]
Penderecki: Credo, New Music US $10.47 Buy It Now 6 days
Mr. Credo - Introboombastic / Russian CD 18 tracks US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Mr. Credo - ??????? / Russian CD 14 tracks US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
PEPPINO GAGLIARDI:Devo Parlarti-Parlami-Ti Credo-Questa Sera rare Czech EP 1966 US $45.00 [0 bids]
Fish : Credo - Digipak CD US $9.81 Buy It Now 6 days
(F-158)LOS JOAO-LIBERATE-CREDO-MUSART REC 5099 PROMO US $3.99 [0 bids]
Credo, New Music US $8.07 Buy It Now 6 days
6500 234 Mozart Credo/Coronation Mass LSO Colin Davis US $18.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Nicolas Gombert: Magnificat I; Salve Regina; Credo; Tulerunt Dominum, New Music US $8.10 Buy It Now 6 days
OLSSON, OTTO - CREDO SYMFONIACUM - NEW CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 6 days
Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Credo Russian Choir FAST FREE SHIPPING! US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Credo Symphoniacum/Simphonie Romane US $18.84 Buy It Now 7 days
Fish Credo 3 tracks Uk 12" Marillion US $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
6500 234 Mozart Credo/Coronation Mass LSO Colin Davis US $17.60 Buy It Now 7 days
NICOLAS GOMBERT - NICOLAS GOMBERT: MAGNIFICAT I; SALVE REGINA; CREDO; - NEW CD US $6.66 Buy It Now 7 days
Luigi Cherubini CREDO A OTTO VOCI Ninfa Crudel Italia ITL 70051 NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW Credo - Human League US $9.23 Buy It Now 7 days
Penderecki: Credo (Music CD) US $17.15 Buy It Now 7 days
Gombert: Credo; Magnificat; Salve Regina US $17.15 Buy It Now 7 days
PENDERECKI CREDO OREGON BACH CHOIR RILLING HANSSLER CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
HUMAN LEAGUE - CREDO [DIGIPAK] [HUMAN LEAGUE] - NEW CD US $9.90 Buy It Now 7 days
The Human League - Credo (Music CD) US $25.80 Buy It Now 7 days
CREDO JAZZ IMPROVISATION SHIAUCHULIS RARE ORIGINAL SOVIET JAZZ QUARTET LP US $9.69 Buy It Now 7 days
KRZYSZTOF PENDERECKI**CREDO**CD US $8.35 Buy It Now 7 days
GRUPO EL CREDO - MEXICO RA,RA,RA - LP tejano VIDA VACIA US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Credo - Rhetoric 2013 (Music CD) US $27.67 Buy It Now 7 days
Donizetti MESSA DI GLORIA E CREDO Michel Piquemal CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Credo US $32.58 Buy It Now 8 days
Corigliano / Beethoven / PÃĪrt Credo US $45.80 Buy It Now 8 days
SHIAUCHULIS PIANO QUARTET"CREDO" MELODIYA STEREO LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Credo - This Is What We Do (Music CD) US $34.17 Buy It Now 8 days
Mozart - Coronation Mass, Credo - Colin Davis, Helen Donath - 6570025 (LP) US $15.11 Buy It Now 8 days
Magnificat I / Salve Regina / Credo / Tulerunt Gombert / Oxfor CD US $6.68 Buy It Now 8 days
PENDERECKI / BANSE / RANDLE / RILLING / OBF ORCH - CREDO NEW CD US $26.17 Buy It Now 8 days
Magnificat I/Salve Regina/Credo/& - N. Gombert (2006, CD New) US $5.51 Buy It Now 8 days
Felix,Robert - Mi Credo [CD New] US $8.45 Buy It Now 8 days
Gombert,N. - Magnificat I/Salve Regina/Credo/& [CD New] US $8.09 Buy It Now 8 days
Human League - Credo NEW CD US $16.04 Buy It Now 8 days
CREDO: CLASSICAL MUSIC REFLECTION & MEDITATION / V NEW CD US $15.45 Buy It Now 8 days
Non Credo - Happy Wretched Family [CD New] US $17.24 Buy It Now 8 days
Non Credo HAPPY WRETCHED FAMILY Joseph Berardi Kira Vollmans 1995 Victo 033cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
CARLETON COLLEGE CHOIR credo confiteor unum batisma 78 Rpm VG+ ACETATE NO 8 US $120.00 Buy It Now 8 days
CARLETON COLLEGE CHOIR credo gloria 78 Rpm VG+ CARLETON ACETATE NO 4 US $120.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Credo-Classical Music For Refl - Credo [CD New] US $8.07 Buy It Now 8 days
NON CREDO - HAPPY WRETCHED FAMILY - NEW CD US $14.26 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy CREDO music online Buy CREDO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CREDO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CREDO Field Of Vision ratings distribution

CREDO Field Of Vision reviews

Review by progrules
2 stars Somewhere in the nineties there were several samplers of different labels. Amongst those was the famous proglabel Cyclops. I bought some of those samplers and got aware of Credo. What I didn't know: they were so clever to put their by far best song of the album on the sampler (A Kindness ?). This was a song with questionable vocals but very good guitarwork. So I saw the album in the store later on and thought: well let's buy it. But this appeared a mistake. The rest of the album was a lot less. The second part of the album was slightly better than the first but in all it was quite poor. And then I especially mean the vocals, it's really out of tune quite often and that makes an amateurish impression. I'm afraid Credo is in all a bit amateurish, it's shown in their discography. Just two albums doesn't prove a shining carreer. So, I'm sorry I can't recommend this. I don't think one can advice to buy an album because of just one song. 2 stars because of that.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#146330) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 22, 2007

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
1 stars Instead of a real review I have to post the following thoughts.

I have no problem with bands trying to capture the spirit of the classic prog giants of the 70's and use it for songs and arrangements with a simpler format,but always maintaining this progressive rock feeling.This is the case of bands like PALLAS or PENDRAGON back in early 80's...but I do have the problem with bands borrowing the sound of the 80's neo progressive rock movement and make it even more straightforward.This is not progressive rock...and this is the case here with CREDO.Additionally these straightforward rock music is followed by poor songwriting and completely forgettable tunes...

Not recommended at all.This is not only very far from progressive rock,but it is badly played rock music with no emotion and soul.Avoid.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#195000) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 25, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I looked for this album for a long time. Not that I was expecting much from it. According to band members, it was never intended to be released on CD and it was supposed to be only a cassette recording to sell at their pub gigs!! (remember, it was 1994) I bet a reviewer here who bashed Field Of Vision unmercifully didnīt know that. Anyway, I had all this upfront knowledge when I got the CD and I was ready to meet a badly recorded, done by a yet-not-mature band. But, in some ways, I was surprised by the good quality of it.

Ok, originality was something far from being achieved here. Credo was still one of several new bands trying to emulate their recently deceased heroes of Marillion (well, at least thatīs the way I thought Marillion was after Fish has left them): for exemple, the beginning of the second track, Good Boy, sounded strikingly familiar, too much like a mix of Market Square Heroes and Garden Party riffing, although the song itself is quite good. And the songwriting of this CD is probably the one aspect that surprised me the most, with songs being very well cut and performed. It is clear that the band had a lot to learn yet, but the all basic elements were there already. Unlike other reviews here, I think the tunes are very promising, with at least a couple of gems: Sweet Scarlet Whisper and A Kindness. Both are excellent songs, very well arranged and passionate delivered.

The performances and the overall sound are superior than I had expected considering the bandīs meager resources at the time. Singer Mark Colton has a nice voice that works very well with the style while bassist Jim Murdoch was already a fine player. Guitarrist Tim Burrel also showed great skill, even if he was still suffering a kind of "Steve Rothery syndrome" on several cuts. Actually the only department that the band was lacking a better player was at the keyboards. Not that Mik Stovold was bad, no, but it is clear the band needed a more accomplished and agressive player for this function (eventually they would, when the excellent Mike Varty arrived a little later). The production and mixing are adequate for the time.

Conclusion: while not nearly as good as their latter work, Field Of Vision clearly portrays a promising band in the right way. Although few songs here are really outstanding, none is crap. Iīm glad Credo went on to release such excellent records as Rhetoric and Against Reason. This one may be seen as a blueprint of those. The real rating should be 2.5 but I decided to round up to 3 to compensate the unfairness of some of the earlier reviews.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#448395) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 16, 2011

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars A kind of beginning

Field Of Vision, released in 1994, was Credo's first release. As pointed out in previous reviews, Credo is a British band that has a very long pre-history. Lead guitarist Tim Birrell and bass player Jim Murdoch have been playing together since as far back as the early 70's! It wasn't, however, until the early 90's that they adopted the name of Credo. The constant core of the band (from this time onwards) seems to be Birrell, Murdoch and singer Marc Colton. On the present album they are filled out by drummer Paul Clarke and keyboarder Mik Stovold. There are three Credo studio albums to date and there seems to be widespread agreement on the improvements of each over the previous one. This first attempt shows some promise but it is clearly an immature effort. The production is weak and the band had yet to find their own identity and style. While some of the songs are good for sure, the end result is rather amateurish.

My first acquaintance with some of these songs was on the recent live DVD This Is What We Do on which several songs from this album are featured. On the DVD, several of these songs were performed as part of a medley, which was probably the wisest thing to do as they have some good parts, but do not stand up all that well as stand-alone pieces. If you want to get to know Credo, the latest studio album Against Reason and the live DVD This Is What We Do is all you need. You have to have a very special interest (to know the band members personally, maybe) in order to find this debut album essential.

Strictly for fans and collectors this one

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#459654) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 13, 2011

Review by Warthur
2 stars Credo's debut album finds a band who, when they recorded it back in 1994, were simply not ready for showtime. True, the low-budget production values aren't exactly their fault, but to be frank the material on the album wouldn't particularly benefit from fancier engineering. The compositions are limp and simplistic, and based on the poppiest and least distinctive and appealing cliches of late 1980s and early 1990s neo-prog; furthermore, the band simply haven't developed their own distinctive sonic identity yet. On the whole, the album sounds like the guys trying out a bunch of unrelated ideas to see how they like them - in other words, more like a rehearsal or a demo tape than a fully-realised album.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#619497) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 25, 2012

5 stars I guess like the guy who bought this album there is a lot of history about Credo that needs to be understood, and I would suggest the excellent interview with Colton & Varty on This is what we do - Live in Poland dvd as a good place to start, this alum needs contextulising against the backgrou ... (read more)

Report this review (#225106) | Posted by Credo Man | Wednesday, July 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CREDO "Field Of Vision "