IMAGINE

Buy STRIDE Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Imagine (5:07)
2. Alive (5:29)
3. Endeavor To Persevere (4:26)
4. How Far (6:29)

- Joel Gregoire / guitars
- Matt Kanzler / drums
- Rick Flores / keyboards
- Mike Martin / bass

CD Sensory Records SR-3029 (2005)

Thanks to ScreminFlea for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

STRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STRIDE Imagine Music

ImagineImagine
Sensory Records 2005
Music MachineMusic Machine
2002
Audio CD$39.99 (used)
MATTHEW WILDER I Don't Speak The Language LP "Break My Stride" DUTCH IMPORT US $9.99 [0 bids]
Various -Blue Boogie (Boogie Woogie Stride (Blue NoteCD US $4.85 [0 bids]
Guy Van Duser - "Stride Guitar" - Rounder Records - LP !! US $4.99 [0 bids]
TOM SNOW taking it all in stride LP VG+ ST 11398 Vinyl 1975 Record US $6.40 Buy It Now 14h 26m
PETE STRIDE & JOHN PLAIN New Guitars In Town UK 1st press LP with inner MINT US $24.33 Buy It Now 15h 17m
MATTHEW WILDER break my stride 7" WS EX/ uk A3908 sol US $11.34 Buy It Now 16h 35m
GUY VAN DUSER Stride Guitar cassette 1981 Rounder Records ROU-3059 NM TESTED US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 51m
JUDY CARMICHAEL Two Handed Stride Marshal Royal Freddie Green Red Callender LP US $19.97 Buy It Now 17h 58m
JUDY CARMICHAEL Jazz Piano Progressive 7072 LP stride piano US $14.97 Buy It Now 18h 3m
BlueLagoon Brake My Stride / Fun in Magic - Fame / US $3.90 Buy It Now 18h 46m
JAMES P JOHNSON - Father of the Stride Piano US $4.99 [0 bids]
Tom Snow Taking It All In Stride vinyl LP 1975 Capitol US $8.00 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Sarah Stride - Sarah Stride CD US $23.19 Buy It Now 20h 48m
MATTHEW WILDER Japan 1984 Promo Only 7"45 BREAK MY STRIDE US $29.99 Buy It Now 23h 17m
Full Stride by Rick Braun (CD, Sep-1998, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.99 Buy It Now 23h 47m
Northern Soul Lp David Ruffin In My Stride Motown Label US $16.21 [0 bids]
Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder 7" US $3.00 [0 bids]
MAZE ft FRANKIE BEVERLY Back In Stride ~ 12" Single PS US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
MATTHEW WILDER-Original 45-"Break My Stride"-NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JUDY CARMICHAEL LP - STATIRAS SLP8072 Two-Handed Stride (1982) US $14.75 [0 bids]
JAMES P. JOHNSON SEALED LP Father of Stride Piano - Sounds 1204 US $18.75 [0 bids]
Harlem Stride Piano 1921-1929, James P Johnson, Good Import US $37.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Braun CD Titled "Full Stride" US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Guy Van Duser Stride Guitar Record LP Rounder NM Autographed Signed US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Back In Stride #647382 US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES P JOHNSON 1962 Mono LP FATHER OF THE STRIDE PIANO US $8.99 [0 bids]
ERROLL GARNER Early Errol Collectors LP 1945 Stride Vol 2 Mono Connoisseur ITALY US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MATTHEW WILDER - BREAK MY STRIDE/BREAK MY STRIDE (Instrumental) - 7" -NEAR MINT. US $5.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Dutch Maffia - Break My Stride - White - 2006 #205900 US $6.48 Buy It Now 2 days
SARAH STRIDE - SARAH STRIDE NEW CD US $27.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Henry Thins Francis Some Stride Piano Playing CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
FATS WALLER 6 LP LOT Stride Piano~Jazz Collection US $27.13 Buy It Now 2 days
The Declaration by Kevin Lemons and Higher Calling (CD, 2013, Soul Stride) US $5.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride US $0.81 [0 bids]
BACKWATER BLUES THE STRIDE PIANO JAMES P JOHNSON RIVERSIDE RLP 151 DEEP GROOVE US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Various - Blue Boogie (Boogie Woogie Stride & The Piano Blues) NEW! 24HR POST!! US $19.46 Buy It Now 2 days
WELLSTOOD,DICK RIVERSIDE 2506 THE STRIDE PIANO OF VG+ 10' $70.00 US $70.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Silverado taking it all in stride artist signed album US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Full Stride by Rick Braun (CD, Sep-1998, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
MATTHEW WILDER Break My Stride 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip US $3.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Silverado- Taking It All In Stride LP SEALED US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
James P Johnson Father Of The Stride Piano LP Columbia CL-1780 Monaural Mono US $11.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Matthew Wilder "I Don't Speak The Language" Private FZ 39112 "Break My Stride" US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
STRIDE imagine CD 2005 Replica Records RPL030 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JAMES P JOHNSON father of the stride piano LP VG+ CL 1780 Mono 6 Eye 1B/1B US $16.80 Buy It Now 3 days
FRED STRIDE first time out LP Mint- LTO 030 Vinyl 1983 Record US $19.20 Buy It Now 3 days
GUY VAN DUSER Stride Guitar ROUNDER LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW YORK TRUMPET ENS - TRUMPETS IN STRIDE - NEW CD US $7.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly ?- Back In Stride (PROMO) VINYL LP US $2.56 Buy It Now 3 days
MATTHEW WILDER - Break My Stride / I Was There - NEAR MINT- 1983 Canada Pressing US $2.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ROGER KELLAWAY - STRIDE! - WORLD PACIFIC-LP/Vinyl/Record US $0.99 [0 bids]
James P. Johnson: Victory Stride [MusicMasters] CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MATTHEW WILDER BREAK MY STRIDE 7" 45 RPM SLSO 61 ZW US $1.49 [0 bids]
2 LP Lot STRIDE PIANO Johnny Guarnieri & Plays The Music Of Walter Donaldson US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHNNY HODGES EARL "FATHA" HINES - STRIDE AGAIN LP US $16.21 Buy It Now 4 days
[LP] David Ruffin,In My Stride (Motown) 1 St USA US $15.59 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID RUFFIN-IN MY STRIDE MOTOWN M6-885S1 NEW SEALED LP US $15.98 Buy It Now 4 days
GUY VAN DUSER & BILLY NOVICK "STRIDE GUITAR" Rounder 3059 (1981) US $11.00 [0 bids]
JAMES P. JOHNSON "FATHER OF THE STRIDE PIANO" Sounds 1204 US issue (1960's) US $16.00 [0 bids]
JAMES P. JOHNSON "HARLEM STRIDE PIANO SOLOS 1944" IMPORT SWAGGIE S1211 (1980's?) US $11.00 [0 bids]
MIKE LIPSKIN Harlem Stride Piano NM SIGNED Buskirk Stereo INSERT sam shaffer US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID RUFFIN LP, In My Stride (MOTOWN US Issue EX/EX) US $20.94 Buy It Now 4 days
CD SINGLE.BREAK MY STRIDE,UNIQUE 11,663511 2 US $13.52 Buy It Now 4 days
Patti Smith Trampin' CD NEW 2004 Jubilee/Stride Of The Mind/Cartwheels+ US $8.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Matthew Wilder "Break My Stride" Great Oz 7" US $5.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Judy Carmichael TWO-HANDED STRIDE Mint Jazz 1982 LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JAMES P. JOHNSON: Father Of The Stride Piano (jazz) US $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID RUFFIN - IN MY STRIDE TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
MATTHEW WILDER - BREAK MY STRIDE US $1.61 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD/13F) MATTHEW WILDER / BREAK MY STRIDE US $2.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DON EWELL Take It In Stride 1973 US LP NM/VG US $12.17 Buy It Now 5 days
Hear - Rare Pop/Soul 45 - Kenny Rogers - Take Life In Stride - Mercury # 72545 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Ears Like Golden Bats, My Teenage Stride, Good Import US $7.19 Buy It Now 5 days
DONALD LAMBERT Classics in Stride solo piano Pumpkin LP US $19.97 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHNNY HODGES EARL HINES Stride Right LP UK Verve Records 1966 Mono First Press US $1.61 [0 bids]
BIG SISTER SOULFUL STRIDE CASSETTE **RARE** US $11.98 Buy It Now 5 days
DONALD LAMBERT & HIS HARLEM PIANO - GIANT STRIDE NEW CD US $19.41 Buy It Now 5 days
ROGER KELLAWAY: Stride! (jazz vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
JOE TURNER Stride By Stride piano solos 77 Records UK LP US $19.97 Buy It Now 5 days
*PROMO* Billy Preston - Whole New Thing/Wide Stride, A&M 1980 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
JAMES P.JOHNSON / Backwater Blues / THE STRIDE PIANO / RIVERSIDE US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vibes by Heavy D (CD, Dec-2008, Stride) Promo Advance Acetate US $4.99 [0 bids]
Matthew Wilder 45 BREAK MY STRIDE / I WAS THERE ~ VG++ vinyl Canadian US $3.65 Buy It Now 6 days
Joe Turner Another Epoch Stride Piano Pablo Records Jazz LP VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
WILLIAM ALBRIGHT / WILLIAM BOLCOM: Ragtime Back To Back - Johnson: Stride Piece US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
= MATHEW WILDER 7" PS JAPAN BREAK MY STRIDE D036 US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DONALD LAMBERT - GIANT STRIDE HARLEM PIANO * - NEW CD US $11.02 Buy It Now 6 days
STYGIAN STRIDE NEW CD US $21.63 Buy It Now 6 days
BOOGIE/ Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Back In Stride (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MATTHEW WILDER - BREAK MY STRIDE / I WAS THERE - EPIC VG++ US $3.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Art Tatum - 1945 (History Of Jazz) LP Joker SM3117 jazz piano stride US $8.93 Buy It Now 6 days
Sara Wheeler "Angel's Stride" CD Alternative Folk Rock US $0.75 [0 bids]
Mike Lipskin Mike Lipskin Joys of Harlem Stride Piano CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DANNY GRISSETT - STRIDE NEW CD US $23.12 Buy It Now 6 days
Joe Turner SEALED 70s JAZZ VOCAL BLUES LP Another Epoch Stride Piano 1976 USA US $18.98 Buy It Now 6 days
LIBERATION SUITE - STRIDE FOR STRIDE - 1981 Star Song/Chapel Lane US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ross Rademacher Solitary Stride New Mexico US $4.95 Buy It Now 6 days
SEALED NEVILLE DICKIE TAKEN IN STRIDE LP STOMP OFF RECORDS JAZZ US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1985 SEALED LP I Love Christmas Stride Rite Bootery Promotional Xmas Songs US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SIX BY SEVEN candlelight 12" 3 trk with inner b/w young man's stride and candlei US $8.10 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy STRIDE music online Buy STRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STRIDE Imagine ratings distribution

STRIDE Imagine reviews

Review by Prog Leviathan
2 stars How does one ruin a mildly interesting prog-metal group? By throwing in a superfluous, corn-ball vocalist who sounds like a relic from the late '80's-- belting out terrible lyrics with castrati charisma and a voice that sounds like a bizarre mix of James Labrie, Steve Perry and Brad Delp.

Seriously, any credibility Stride had as serious, artistic musicians goes out the window as soon as their new front man Gary Berlin begins crooning Alive, a feel-good anthem that demands to be retroactively added to the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City or any of the million-and-one montage scenes in those '80's teen movies.

Seriously though, adding a singer was an odd decision for this otherwise very talented group; their previous Music Machine may have lacked any new ideas but at least it was a fine display of potential-- this is just goofy. To the band's credit, they have found a much higher production with this release, making their few moments of instrumental excellence sound better than before; there is some genuinly intersting axe-work going on here. Of course, these few passages of serious playing are thrown out the window when it comes time to roll down the windows, put on the your raban sunglasses and sing-along to the laughably cheesy vocals.

At least it has camp value.

Songwriting: 2 Instrumental Performances: 3 Lyrics/Vocals: 2 Style/Emotion/Replay: 1

Send comments to Prog Leviathan (BETA) | Report this review (#164398) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008

4 stars Man I love this album. I was reminded of a heavier ENCHANT with the melodic songs and great vocals. An AOR flavour to this music for sure, and yes there's even an eighties Metal vibe going on. Yet this band just blows the doors off with their complex and heavy play. The lyrics are incredible as well. I really connect emotionally with the words here, it's often quite uplifting.The singer has a very strong voice, but it's the instrumental work that is so jaw dropping throughout.

"Imagine" is one of those songs that lyrically is so meaningful to me. The mellow intro with those background synths is absolutely crushed by heavy drums and then a full sound as the guitar comes in ripping it up. Vocals follow with power. Check out the guitar solo before 3 1/2 minutes, followed by a more aggressive solo before 4 minutes. This one simply rocks. "Alive" opens with someone trying to find something good on the radio. Speed of light guitar melodies follow with pounding drums. It settles down as vocals come in. After 3 1/2 minutes it's hard and heavy with some fantastic instrumental work. This song is about driving around and listening to music and feeling so alive. I can relate. "Endevour To Persevere" is uptempo instrumental with some Jasun Tipton-like guitar early. A nice heavy, fast paced rhythm with background synths leads the way. Blistering guitar 1 1/2 minutes in when the tempo changes. This is a killer instrumental work out. It blends into "How Far" where the heaviness continues. Reserved vocals come in as it settles. This contrast continues. I like the soaring vocals and the heaviness that comes and goes. Great tune.

"Role Model" opens with a light melody that is copied by a heavier one. Nice. A stampede of drums and bass comes in after a minute. It becomes mellow with piano and reserved vocals before 2 minutes. Heaviness is back 4 1/2 minutes in with complex guitar melodies. "The Waiting" opens with a blast of instrumental music before reserved vocals come in. They get more passionate as does the music especially after 3 minutes. "Ion Drive" is another instrumental. Complex guitar to open with ground shaking drums and bass. Organ a minute in. The guitar rips it up throughout,and check out the drumming 3 minutes in. "Face The Day" opens with pounding drums followed by some beautiful guitar. Reserved vocals take over with keys. It gets heavier a minute in as contrast continues. Very uplifting at times. Crushing section before 3 1/2 minutes. Man the drums are heavy 5 1/2 minutes in. "Time" opens with fragile vocals and piano. Some cool vocal harmonies follow. Beautiful guitar solo before the fragile vocals with light drums are back. It kicks into gear 2 minutes in. Contrast continues. Love the guitar 4 minutes in. Those vocal harmonies end it.

I can see some people not liking this because of the AOR flavour, but this also reaches close to ZERO HOUR territory at times. For me it's a solid 4 star, feel good album.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#178647) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 01, 2008

Review by progrules
4 stars I got interested in this band after I heard the streamsong on this site. That song was from their debut in 2001 and I had never heard of the band. But checking out their latest I think the streamsong was a pretty good example of what this band is capable of. And looking at the ratings of these two albums (2001 & 2005) I think I might have picked the right one here.

The opening (title) track immediately gets you in the right mood. This is pretty accessible prog metal (well many proggers say all prog metal is accessible so it's actually a pleonasm) but who cares as long as it sounds great. Second track, Alive is even a bit better with great instrumental contribution (solos).

Endeavor to Persevere is the first of the two instrumentals, another one with almost mindblowing passages of both guitar and keys. Let's not forget excellent drumming also. This band likes to play fast and so do I.

How Far is a little bit slower, a slightly ballad like song with good vocal contribution. Another very fine composition I believe. Stride proves with this track that they can also play the great atmospheric style. At times they remind me of a Def Leppard like sound, it tends toward the eighties rock but surely it's more complex and more inventive. Great track this.

Role model is the longest track of the album. It starts fairy-like first notes but the rough guitars disturb the fairly tale. Never mind, heavy drums taking the thing to metal standard before it all quiets down again and takes the ballad turn all over sudden. A song full of surprises you might say. Piano like keys accompany the vocals and the song transforms once again into an average prog metal track, well not average in the meaning of mediocre more like a usual one, but not cliche or cheap. Versatile track is the best description all in all. This one has it all and is one of the highlights to me without becoming really outstanding.

The Waiting is another mix of sensitivity and true prog metal of the best sort, this band has the ability to change the mood within the songs several times without problem. I think it works really nice. Main thing is they play their music excellent, the songs run really smooth, these guys know their job for sure. It's hard to compare them with one of the famous prog metal bands. Except for the vocal aspect they sound a bit like Evergrey, more or less same style, same high quality.

Ion Drive is the second instrumental and is like the first one where the speed is concerned. Needless to say that the instrumental tracks are also a big quality of Stride. They are not really long but they are pretty impressive nonetheless.

And if you think the best part is behind us at this point, wrong ! The album closes with two more longish excellent tracks, Face the Day and Time (the last minute of this track reminds me of the last minute of Giant by Saga from their Beginners Guide album. If this is coincidence it's funny because the resemblance is huge !). This means there are no fillers allowed with this band, a feature I really appreciate. I'm not a fan of half good/half poor albums, don't like having to skip songs during an album.

No need for that with Stride and I think that the conclusion for this album can only be a positive one. Only downside to me is the length of total playing time. Only 50 minutes, I like the 70 minute cases so that's a slight minus. It will not prevent me from giving it 4 solid stars.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#187563) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Stride is one of the prog metal bands that I liked since the beggining I've heared the first note of this album. This is the type of prog metal I like, is complex with solid musicianship, has plenty of rich instrumental passages and above all a great voice. This is their third album and the latest to date named Imagine from 2005. What a pleasent surprise was this album in 2005 for me and still is after so many years, kick ass al the way. The album has 9 pieces , 2 of them entirely instrumental Endeavor To Persevere and Ion drive, what great tracks, energic progressive metal with great arrangements, killer guitar chops and awesome druming, excellent. The rest are with voice and the voice of Gary Belin is brilliant and fits in this kind of music like glove on hand, melodic and in same time little harsh in his tone of voice, I realy like it. The music is complex with many twists and turns, even the pieces are not very lenghty all are under 7 min, but the passages and arrangements are very rich , each instrument done a great work, for instance on the opening track Imagine, the guitar is simply killer, Joel Gregoire manage to do some of the most intristing solos I've heared on a prog metal album for years, the keybords dueling very eficient with the guitar. So, one of the most enjoyble prog metal albums I've heared so far and a special place in my collection, still quite unknown to larger public in comparation with other names. Recommended, very solid album with intristing compostions. 4 stars easy.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#555441) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 23, 2011

4 stars What a musical pearl is this album!Working hard for many years in the Texas area,the band lead by the impressive guitar player JOEL GREGOIRE and the sensational drummer MATT KANZLER,got finally a deal with the very serious and respected SENSORY RECORDS label ! The addition of the beautiful voic ... (read more)

Report this review (#254252) | Posted by Ovidiu | Friday, December 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Great prog metal CDs are few and far between and what makes them great is always a debatable issue. Stride are a gifted band they seem to cover all areas when it comes to skill, their music is rich is melody and very well craft . Stride don't talk about slaying dragons in their lyrics the song wr ... (read more)

Report this review (#178659) | Posted by Yorkie X | Saturday, August 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars i came up to listen to this band in searching of new prog metal options on the net, since i live in a country where prog is not popular, at first glance i thought , well this is another dream theater-esque band, so puopular trend on these days but with every song that concept just change, and no ... (read more)

Report this review (#93592) | Posted by itrompa | Friday, October 06, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Stride- Progressive Metal from Texas, USA. After hearing a few of the songs on progulus radio- I was very optimistic to get my hands on the CD. After a few listens- I have come to the conclusion that this is a pretty good album. Stride introduces a new singer here, Gary Belin. He kind of ... (read more)

Report this review (#84080) | Posted by Drew | Tuesday, July 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Yes this is one of the best prog albums in 2005. Stride is a band with very specific optimistic atmosphere and the excellent songwriting. When I listen to this album I have a big adrenaline level in very positive way. I think that one of the best elements on the album are the vocal parts which ... (read more)

Report this review (#72973) | Posted by progarchiver | Friday, March 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have a confession to make ... I love progressive rock and I also love classic rock , so how was I to feel when I finaly heard this CD, lets just say I dropped my jaw and couldn`t believe how well it all came together. Stride have Dream Theater chops consider it if Dream Theater and Bost ... (read more)

Report this review (#69308) | Posted by White Feather | Tuesday, February 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Unable to find the right voice to match their incredible instrumental abilities, the members of Houston, Texas based Stride made the tough decision to release their first album "Music Machine" as an instrumental effort. This was in 2001 and the results generated positive reviews around the wor ... (read more)

Report this review (#52197) | Posted by | Tuesday, October 18, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STRIDE "Imagine"