IMAGINE

Buy STRIDE Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Imagine (5:07)
2. Alive (5:29)
3. Endeavor To Persevere (4:26)
4. How Far (6:29)

- Joel Gregoire / guitars
- Matt Kanzler / drums
- Rick Flores / keyboards
- Mike Martin / bass

CD Sensory Records SR-3029 (2005)

Thanks to ScreminFlea for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

STRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STRIDE Imagine Music

ImagineImagine
Sensory Records 2005
Ralph Sutton STRIDE PIANO SUMMIT Dick Hyman CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
DALTON RIDENHOUR - ECCENTRICITY: RAGTIME STRIDE & BLUES NEW CD US $24.06 Buy It Now 4h 25m
1977 Billy Preston Whole New Thing / Wide Stride 7" 45 rpm A&M 1980-S NM- Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 7h 3m
45 RPM RECORD/13E) MATTHEW WILDER / BREAK MY STRIDE US $2.00 Buy It Now 7h 50m
MAZE - BACK IN STRIDE 7" VINYL PS US $11.02 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Joe Turner Another Epoch Stride Piano Pablo Jazz LP US $18.65 Buy It Now 9h 32m
DON EWELL: Take It In Stride (jazz vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 10h 9m
TOM SNOW: Taking It All In Stride (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 19m
DONALD LAMBERT Harlem Stride 1977 Vinyl LP & Insert N/M- US $14.98 Buy It Now 11h 18m
Argus: Boldly Stride The Doomed CD 2011 Cruz Del Sur Music Italy cruz51 NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Liberation Suite - Stride for Stride -1981 Vinyl Lp.w/ Lyrics / Christian Rock US $17.99 Buy It Now 11h 46m
TOM SNOW Taking It All In Stride LP M- US 1975 orig Capitol ST-11298 US $17.98 Buy It Now 13h 15m
STRIDE AND BOOGIE PIANO JONATHAN C STARKEY KPM RARE LIBRARY SOUNDS MUSIC CD US $8.39 Buy It Now 14h
JAMES P. JOHNSON Backwater Blues stride piano of... LP US $30.95 Buy It Now 15h 38m
MATTHEW WILDER break my stride \ instrumental version 7" PS EX/EX uk epic A 3908 US $11.87 Buy It Now 16h 17m
James P. Johnson-Columbia Promo LP-Father of The Stride Piano US $6.95 Buy It Now 16h 56m
ROGER KELLAWAY Stride lp World Pacific Red Mitchell Johnny Guerin US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 14m
STRIDE 'N SLIDE Frank French and Slow Jim Mint Austrian Import Jazz LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 59m
MATTHEW WILDER-BREAK MY STRIDE JUKE BOX TITLE STRIP US $1.25 Buy It Now 20h 11m
DAVE MCKENNA Hal Overton DUAL PIANO JAZZ Bethlehem 6049 Stride RARE Original LP US $399.00 Buy It Now 20h 41m
Jean Villard Gilles & Albert Urfer FRENCH PIANO JAZZ DUO Stride PHILIPS Mono LP US $39.00 Buy It Now 20h 49m
ART TATUM Jazz SEALED LP Cool Piano Eclectic BEBOP Big Band Stride VINYL RECORD US $24.00 Buy It Now 20h 55m
JAZZ PIANO LP 1926-1940 Fats Waller JELLY ROLL MORTON Cow MONTANA Stride Vinyl US $18.00 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Huckaby Rick - Hittin My Stride CD US $20.65 Buy It Now 21h 24m
Herman Chittison-Master Of The Stride Piano 1933-1941-Meritt 20-NICE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Smith,Willie 'The Lion' - Stride Piano Duets Live In Toronto 1966 [CD New] US $14.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Donald Lambert-Giant Stride-Solo Art 18001-NICE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Erroll Garner-Early Erroll-1945 Stride V1-Jazz Conoisseur 001-NICE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Erroll Garner-Early Erroll-1945 Stride V2-Jazz Conoisseur 002-NICE ITALY US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOE TURNER Stride By Stride '69 UK 77 LP Jazz EXC US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DICK HYMAN STRIDE PIANO SUMMIT NEW CASSETTE TAPE US $11.12 Buy It Now 1 day
45 Record MATTHEW WILDER - BREAK MY STRIDE - VG++ US $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
PETE STRIDE & JOHN PLAIN New Guitars In Town LP RARE 1980 LURKERS BOYS EX+ KBD US $33.93 Buy It Now 1 day
ART TATUM / STANDARDS Stride Piano, Black Lion Jazz CD US $12.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE LURKERS I Dont Need To Tell Her/ Pills 7" RARE PETE STRIDE SLEEVE 1978 KBD US $22.05 Buy It Now 2 days
MATTHEW WILDER - BREAK MY STRIDE - AUSTRALIAN 7" 45 SINGLE VINYL RECORD US $6.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Rick Braun - Full Stride (1998) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.01 Buy It Now 2 days
DONALD LAMBERT classics in stride LP pumpkin records 110 keeper! US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
DICK HYMAN LP VINYL RAGTIME STOMPS STRIDE JAZZ PIANO TONY MOTTOLA RARE ARGENTINA US $4.97 Buy It Now 2 days
MATTHEW WILDER - Break My Stride - 1983 UK 7" Vinyl Single With Sleeve US $16.96 Buy It Now 2 days
HERMAN CHITTISON Master of the Stride Piano Merrit & insert Vinyl LP US $7.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Concordia Orchestra Victory Stride - The Symphonic Music of CD US $8.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Judy Carmichael - Two Handed Stride - Great piano - Near Mint US $10.00 [0 bids]
TOM SNOW Taking It All In Stride CAPITOL RECORDS promo hole NEAR MINT US $20.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Donald Lambert-Harlem Stride Classics-Pumpkin 104-NICE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JAMES P. JOHNSON: FATHER OF STRIDE MUSIC: COLUMBIA MONO 2-EYE: EXCELLENT US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHNNY HODGES & EARL "FATHA" HINES "Stride Right" VERVE LP V6-8647 VG+ / VG US $3.99 [0 bids]
TOM SNOW TAKING IT ALL IN STRIDE CAPITOL 1975 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Stride Ways by Doron Johnson (CD, Doron Music) US $7.88 Buy It Now 2 days
MATTHEW WILDER Break My Stride 7" Ps, B/W Instrumental, A 3908 (Vinyl Vg, Quite US $6.77 Buy It Now 2 days
JOE TURNER - STRIDE BY STRIDE NEW CD US $20.20 Buy It Now 2 days
VG++ MATTHEW WILDER BREAK MY STRIDE 1983 45 RPM PRIVATE I ZS4-04113 US $2.98 Buy It Now 2 days
MATTHEW WILDER I Don't Speak Language cassette tape 1983 Break My Stride pop hit US $9.50 Buy It Now 2 days
STYGIAN STRIDE - STYGIAN STRIDE NEW VINYL US $31.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Grissett,Danny - Stride [CD New] US $16.32 Buy It Now 3 days
Matthew Wilder 45 "Break My Stride"(vocal/instrumental) US $5.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Unique II - Break My Stride - 3 Track CD Single [6635112] US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Turner,Joe - Stride By Stride [CD New] US $14.15 Buy It Now 3 days
WILLIE "THE LION" SM - STRIDE PIANO DUETS - NEW CD US $11.39 Buy It Now 3 days
UNIQUE II-BREAK MY STRIDE-RARE 5 TRK REMIX MAXI CD SINGLE-TRANCE-1997-U.S. US $3.00 [0 bids]
MAZE BACK IN STRIDE 45 PROMO VG++ WLP 1985 CAPITOL SOUL US $1.99 [0 bids]
WILLIE / SMITH / EWELL EWELL - STRIDE PIANO DUETS NEW CD US $21.75 Buy It Now 3 days
MATTHEW WILDER BREAK MY STRIDE 7" VINYL A3908 US $8.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Carmichael,Judy - And Basie Called Her Stride [CD New] US $24.14 Buy It Now 3 days
Huckaby,Rick - Hittin' My Stride [CD New] US $17.14 Buy It Now 3 days
MATTHEW WILDER - BREAK MY STRIDE / INSTRUMENTAL 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
Joe Turner Another Epoch Stride Piano Pablo Records Jazz LP NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Taking It All In Stride [LP record]-Tom Snow-Vinyl-Very Good US $19.48 Buy It Now 3 days
STYGIAN STRIDE (JIMY - STYGIAN STRIDE - NEW CD US $12.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Matthew Wilder Break My Stride ZS404113 VG (45-10230) US $3.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Full Stride by Rick Braun (CD, Sep-1998, Atlantic (Label)) US $15.99 [0 bids]
JAMES P. JOHNSON JAZZ LP - FATHER OF STRIDE PIANO!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Joe Turner - Stride By Stride CD US $16.19 Buy It Now 4 days
DONALD LAMBERT & HIS HARLEM PIANO Giant Stride LP Jazzology EX/EX 12" US $10.17 Buy It Now 4 days
JOE TURNER - STRIDE BY STRIDE - NEW CD US $11.17 Buy It Now 4 days
STRIDE - IMAGINE - SR3029CD US $20.52 Buy It Now 4 days
Stygian Stride - Stygian Stride - THRILL327CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 4 days
Matthew Wilder Break my stride / dub US $1.25 [0 bids]
KINGS OF HARLEM STRIDE NRMT US $19.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY HODGES / EARL "FATHA" HINES - Stride Right (LP, 1966) US $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Guy Van Duser - "Stride Guitar" - Rounder Records - LP !! US $4.99 [0 bids]
STYGIAN STRIDE - SAME - RHYTON - PSYCHIC ILLS - THRILL JOCKEY US $16.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Stride/Boogie Piano Greats MINT Cassetes James P. Pete Johnson Jay McShann and.. US $6.95 [0 bids]
RICK HUCKABY - HITTIN' MY STRIDE NEW CD US $25.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Argus -Boldly Stride The Doomed CD 2011 MINT! / Beyond The Martyrs US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MAZE featuring FRANKIE BEVERLY "BACK IN STRIDE" 45 VINYL CAPITOL US $0.85 [0 bids]
"Restoration & Augustan Verse" SEALED Bebb-Squire-Stride / Argo PLP-1028 Mono SS US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Break My Stride Matthew Wilder 7" vinyl single record UK A3908 EPIC 1984 US $18.59 Buy It Now 5 days
MATTHEW WILDER Break My Stride A3908 7" VINYL RECORD VG/VG 26 US $6.43 Buy It Now 5 days
MATTHEW WILDER BREAK MY STRIDE PRIVATE I PROMO 45 US $3.00 [0 bids]
James P. Johnson: Harlem Stride Piano (Hot'N Sweet) - A US $11.70 Buy It Now 5 days
Nouveau Stride-Fourteen (feat. Lorraine Feather & St... CD NEW US $21.64 Buy It Now 5 days
"WILLIE "THE LION" SMITH" 1949/50 RECS 1974 STRIDE JAZZ VOGUE 1st P A1/D1 DB/LP US $5.08 [0 bids]
WILLIE "THE LION" SMITH "MUSIC ON MY MIND" RARE1966 STRIDE 1st P 1G/1G LP EXC US $8.47 [0 bids]
"WILLIE "THE LION" SMITH" 1973 STRIDE JAZZ DECCA 1st P 1W/3W LP EXC US $3.38 [0 bids]
Lambert,Donald & His Harlem Piano - Giant Stride [CD New] US $12.56 Buy It Now 5 days
*PROMO* Billy Preston - Whole New Thing/Wide Stride, A&M 1980 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
Giant Stride Harlem Piano * by Donald Lambert (CD, Feb-2007, Solo Art) US $9.62 Buy It Now 5 days
BILLY PRESTON Whole New Thing b/w Wide Stride STOCK 45 M- US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DONALD LAMBERT & HIS HARLEM PIANO GIANT STRIDE 13-SONG LP US $4.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy STRIDE music online Buy STRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STRIDE Imagine ratings distribution

STRIDE Imagine reviews

Review by Prog Leviathan
2 stars How does one ruin a mildly interesting prog-metal group? By throwing in a superfluous, corn-ball vocalist who sounds like a relic from the late '80's-- belting out terrible lyrics with castrati charisma and a voice that sounds like a bizarre mix of James Labrie, Steve Perry and Brad Delp.

Seriously, any credibility Stride had as serious, artistic musicians goes out the window as soon as their new front man Gary Berlin begins crooning Alive, a feel-good anthem that demands to be retroactively added to the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City or any of the million-and-one montage scenes in those '80's teen movies.

Seriously though, adding a singer was an odd decision for this otherwise very talented group; their previous Music Machine may have lacked any new ideas but at least it was a fine display of potential-- this is just goofy. To the band's credit, they have found a much higher production with this release, making their few moments of instrumental excellence sound better than before; there is some genuinly intersting axe-work going on here. Of course, these few passages of serious playing are thrown out the window when it comes time to roll down the windows, put on the your raban sunglasses and sing-along to the laughably cheesy vocals.

At least it has camp value.

Songwriting: 2 Instrumental Performances: 3 Lyrics/Vocals: 2 Style/Emotion/Replay: 1

Send comments to Prog Leviathan (BETA) | Report this review (#164398) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008

4 stars Man I love this album. I was reminded of a heavier ENCHANT with the melodic songs and great vocals. An AOR flavour to this music for sure, and yes there's even an eighties Metal vibe going on. Yet this band just blows the doors off with their complex and heavy play. The lyrics are incredible as well. I really connect emotionally with the words here, it's often quite uplifting.The singer has a very strong voice, but it's the instrumental work that is so jaw dropping throughout.

"Imagine" is one of those songs that lyrically is so meaningful to me. The mellow intro with those background synths is absolutely crushed by heavy drums and then a full sound as the guitar comes in ripping it up. Vocals follow with power. Check out the guitar solo before 3 1/2 minutes, followed by a more aggressive solo before 4 minutes. This one simply rocks. "Alive" opens with someone trying to find something good on the radio. Speed of light guitar melodies follow with pounding drums. It settles down as vocals come in. After 3 1/2 minutes it's hard and heavy with some fantastic instrumental work. This song is about driving around and listening to music and feeling so alive. I can relate. "Endevour To Persevere" is uptempo instrumental with some Jasun Tipton-like guitar early. A nice heavy, fast paced rhythm with background synths leads the way. Blistering guitar 1 1/2 minutes in when the tempo changes. This is a killer instrumental work out. It blends into "How Far" where the heaviness continues. Reserved vocals come in as it settles. This contrast continues. I like the soaring vocals and the heaviness that comes and goes. Great tune.

"Role Model" opens with a light melody that is copied by a heavier one. Nice. A stampede of drums and bass comes in after a minute. It becomes mellow with piano and reserved vocals before 2 minutes. Heaviness is back 4 1/2 minutes in with complex guitar melodies. "The Waiting" opens with a blast of instrumental music before reserved vocals come in. They get more passionate as does the music especially after 3 minutes. "Ion Drive" is another instrumental. Complex guitar to open with ground shaking drums and bass. Organ a minute in. The guitar rips it up throughout,and check out the drumming 3 minutes in. "Face The Day" opens with pounding drums followed by some beautiful guitar. Reserved vocals take over with keys. It gets heavier a minute in as contrast continues. Very uplifting at times. Crushing section before 3 1/2 minutes. Man the drums are heavy 5 1/2 minutes in. "Time" opens with fragile vocals and piano. Some cool vocal harmonies follow. Beautiful guitar solo before the fragile vocals with light drums are back. It kicks into gear 2 minutes in. Contrast continues. Love the guitar 4 minutes in. Those vocal harmonies end it.

I can see some people not liking this because of the AOR flavour, but this also reaches close to ZERO HOUR territory at times. For me it's a solid 4 star, feel good album.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#178647) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 01, 2008

Review by progrules
4 stars I got interested in this band after I heard the streamsong on this site. That song was from their debut in 2001 and I had never heard of the band. But checking out their latest I think the streamsong was a pretty good example of what this band is capable of. And looking at the ratings of these two albums (2001 & 2005) I think I might have picked the right one here.

The opening (title) track immediately gets you in the right mood. This is pretty accessible prog metal (well many proggers say all prog metal is accessible so it's actually a pleonasm) but who cares as long as it sounds great. Second track, Alive is even a bit better with great instrumental contribution (solos).

Endeavor to Persevere is the first of the two instrumentals, another one with almost mindblowing passages of both guitar and keys. Let's not forget excellent drumming also. This band likes to play fast and so do I.

How Far is a little bit slower, a slightly ballad like song with good vocal contribution. Another very fine composition I believe. Stride proves with this track that they can also play the great atmospheric style. At times they remind me of a Def Leppard like sound, it tends toward the eighties rock but surely it's more complex and more inventive. Great track this.

Role model is the longest track of the album. It starts fairy-like first notes but the rough guitars disturb the fairly tale. Never mind, heavy drums taking the thing to metal standard before it all quiets down again and takes the ballad turn all over sudden. A song full of surprises you might say. Piano like keys accompany the vocals and the song transforms once again into an average prog metal track, well not average in the meaning of mediocre more like a usual one, but not cliche or cheap. Versatile track is the best description all in all. This one has it all and is one of the highlights to me without becoming really outstanding.

The Waiting is another mix of sensitivity and true prog metal of the best sort, this band has the ability to change the mood within the songs several times without problem. I think it works really nice. Main thing is they play their music excellent, the songs run really smooth, these guys know their job for sure. It's hard to compare them with one of the famous prog metal bands. Except for the vocal aspect they sound a bit like Evergrey, more or less same style, same high quality.

Ion Drive is the second instrumental and is like the first one where the speed is concerned. Needless to say that the instrumental tracks are also a big quality of Stride. They are not really long but they are pretty impressive nonetheless.

And if you think the best part is behind us at this point, wrong ! The album closes with two more longish excellent tracks, Face the Day and Time (the last minute of this track reminds me of the last minute of Giant by Saga from their Beginners Guide album. If this is coincidence it's funny because the resemblance is huge !). This means there are no fillers allowed with this band, a feature I really appreciate. I'm not a fan of half good/half poor albums, don't like having to skip songs during an album.

No need for that with Stride and I think that the conclusion for this album can only be a positive one. Only downside to me is the length of total playing time. Only 50 minutes, I like the 70 minute cases so that's a slight minus. It will not prevent me from giving it 4 solid stars.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#187563) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Stride is one of the prog metal bands that I liked since the beggining I've heared the first note of this album. This is the type of prog metal I like, is complex with solid musicianship, has plenty of rich instrumental passages and above all a great voice. This is their third album and the latest to date named Imagine from 2005. What a pleasent surprise was this album in 2005 for me and still is after so many years, kick ass al the way. The album has 9 pieces , 2 of them entirely instrumental Endeavor To Persevere and Ion drive, what great tracks, energic progressive metal with great arrangements, killer guitar chops and awesome druming, excellent. The rest are with voice and the voice of Gary Belin is brilliant and fits in this kind of music like glove on hand, melodic and in same time little harsh in his tone of voice, I realy like it. The music is complex with many twists and turns, even the pieces are not very lenghty all are under 7 min, but the passages and arrangements are very rich , each instrument done a great work, for instance on the opening track Imagine, the guitar is simply killer, Joel Gregoire manage to do some of the most intristing solos I've heared on a prog metal album for years, the keybords dueling very eficient with the guitar. So, one of the most enjoyble prog metal albums I've heared so far and a special place in my collection, still quite unknown to larger public in comparation with other names. Recommended, very solid album with intristing compostions. 4 stars easy.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#555441) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 23, 2011

4 stars What a musical pearl is this album!Working hard for many years in the Texas area,the band lead by the impressive guitar player JOEL GREGOIRE and the sensational drummer MATT KANZLER,got finally a deal with the very serious and respected SENSORY RECORDS label ! The addition of the beautiful voic ... (read more)

Report this review (#254252) | Posted by Ovidiu | Friday, December 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Great prog metal CDs are few and far between and what makes them great is always a debatable issue. Stride are a gifted band they seem to cover all areas when it comes to skill, their music is rich is melody and very well craft . Stride don't talk about slaying dragons in their lyrics the song wr ... (read more)

Report this review (#178659) | Posted by Yorkie X | Saturday, August 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars i came up to listen to this band in searching of new prog metal options on the net, since i live in a country where prog is not popular, at first glance i thought , well this is another dream theater-esque band, so puopular trend on these days but with every song that concept just change, and no ... (read more)

Report this review (#93592) | Posted by itrompa | Friday, October 06, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Stride- Progressive Metal from Texas, USA. After hearing a few of the songs on progulus radio- I was very optimistic to get my hands on the CD. After a few listens- I have come to the conclusion that this is a pretty good album. Stride introduces a new singer here, Gary Belin. He kind of ... (read more)

Report this review (#84080) | Posted by Drew | Tuesday, July 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Yes this is one of the best prog albums in 2005. Stride is a band with very specific optimistic atmosphere and the excellent songwriting. When I listen to this album I have a big adrenaline level in very positive way. I think that one of the best elements on the album are the vocal parts which ... (read more)

Report this review (#72973) | Posted by progarchiver | Friday, March 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have a confession to make ... I love progressive rock and I also love classic rock , so how was I to feel when I finaly heard this CD, lets just say I dropped my jaw and couldn`t believe how well it all came together. Stride have Dream Theater chops consider it if Dream Theater and Bost ... (read more)

Report this review (#69308) | Posted by White Feather | Tuesday, February 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Unable to find the right voice to match their incredible instrumental abilities, the members of Houston, Texas based Stride made the tough decision to release their first album "Music Machine" as an instrumental effort. This was in 2001 and the results generated positive reviews around the wor ... (read more)

Report this review (#52197) | Posted by | Tuesday, October 18, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STRIDE "Imagine"