30: VERY BEST OF

1. Hush (4:29)
2. Black Night (3:29)
3. Speed King (4:28)
4. Child In Time (4:15)
5. Strange Kind Of Woman (3:54)
6. Fireball (3:26)
7. Demon's Eye (5:23)
8. Smoke On The Water (5:43)
9. Highway Star (6:33)
10. When A Blind Man Cries (3:32)
11. Never Before (3:30)
12. Woman From Tokyo (2:48)
13. Burn (4:33)
14. Stormbringer (4:08)
15. You Keep On Moving (4:30)
16. Perfect Strangers (4:16)
17. Ted The Mechanic (4:19)
18. Any Fule Kno That (4:28)

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of tabs

- Rod Evans / vocals
- Ian Gillan / vocals (1969-1973, 1984-)
- David Coverdale / vocals (1973-1976)
- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars (1968-1974, 1984-1993)
- Tommy Bolin / guitars (1974-1976)
- Steve Morse / guitars (1993-)
- Nicky Simper / bass (1968-1969)
- Roger Glover / bass (1969-1973, 1984-)
- Glenn Hughes / bass, vocals (1973-1976)
- Jon Lord / keyboards (1968-)
- Ian Paice / drums (1968-)

CD EMI 4968072 (1998)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of Music

Import · Remastered
EMI 1995
Machine HeadMachine Head
Rhino Flashback 2011
Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'
Imports 2014
Made in JapanMade in Japan
Warner Off Roster 1990
BurnBurn
Rhino 2005
Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)
Import · Remastered
EMI Import 2002
Deep Purple - The Battle Rages On (1993) - CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
29m 59s
DEEP PURPLE NECKLACE PLECTRUM PICK IN PACKAGING IDEAL GIFT PRESENT US $6.42 Buy It Now 30m 18s
DEEP PURPLE black night/strange kind of woman 12 HAR 5178 uk harvest 12" VG/VG US $14.46 Buy It Now 34m 48s
Deep Purple Shades of Deep Purple Cassette (MNI Entertainment, 1968) US $3.99 [0 bids]
35m 37s
DEEP PURPLE**PERFECT STRANGER LIVE (GATEFOLD/DELUXE SET)**2 VINYL+2CD+DVD SET US $41.95 Buy It Now 41m 22s
DEEP PURPLE, Hush-One More Rainy Day 45 T-1503 Mint '1968' US $15.95 Buy It Now 43m 5s
Green Bullfrog Ritchie Blackmore Albert Lee Jim Sullivan (Deep Purple) Vinyl LP US $8.90 [0 bids]
50m 16s
Deep Purple Machine Head Lp Record 1972 12" Hard Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 54m 50s
Rainbow - The Singles Box Set 1975 - 1986 New 19 Disc Box Set Deep Purple SEALED US $72.35 [0 bids]
57m 22s
Deep Purple Live In London LP Mk3 EMI/Purple Records P501 Original A1/B1 Matrix! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Powerhouse LP Mk2 Live UK Import EMI/Purple A1/B1 Matrix Nick W. Cut US $5.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple 24 Carat Purple LP Mk2 UK Import on EMI/Purple Records A1/B1 Matrix! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Deep Purple In Rock NEW CD US $7.78 Buy It Now 1h 11m
DEEP PURPLE *VG* US TETRAGRAMMATION CASSETTE "SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE" US $3.69 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Deep Purple/Rainbow - Winning Combination [CD New] US $7.90 Buy It Now 1h 12m
DEEP PURPLE - NOBODY'S PERFECT- US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
DEEP PURPLE: Self Titled Warner Bros WS-4514 Vinyl LP Canadian Press Gatefold US $12.15 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Official Merch Ceramic Mug Brand New EURO TOUR US $16.07 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Huge 9 Lot DEEP PURPLE NEW DVDs, cassettes, LPs 1970s 1980s Unique collection US $48.00 [0 bids]
RAINBOW man on the silver mountain ULTRA RARE portugal UNIQUE COVER deep purple US $32.15 [0 bids]
Wally Stott and His Orchestra - Deep Purple/Septemb 45 rpm single picture sleeve US $5.75 [0 bids]
Various - Re-machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple's Machine Head NEW CD US $17.29 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Deep Purple - Copenhagen 1972 [CD New] US $16.31 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Deep Purple - Phoenix Rising [CD New] US $19.73 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Deep Purple - Very Best Of Deep Purple [CD New] US $9.33 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Deep Purple 30 - Very Best of [EMI Single Disc] (1998) - FREE UK POST US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Deep Purple - Now What?! [CD New] US $28.57 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water & Other Hits [CD New] US $5.35 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Deep Purple - Battle Rages On [CD New] US $12.46 Buy It Now 1h 32m
DEEP PURPLE - Smoke On The Water - USSR Russian Melodia 1988 DMM LP Washed Mint US $9.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE STORMBRINGER NEW CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Deep Purple - Bad Attitude 12" Single PROMO Mercury Records PRO473-1 VG++/VG+ US $5.95 [0 bids]
Extended Versions, Deep Purple,Very Good, disc w/artwork,Audio CD, Music Music US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
RAINBOW-Bent Out Of Shape-RITCHIE BLACKMORE-Deep Purple-ROGER GLOVER-Guitar-Cd US $9.29 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Live at Montreux 2006 by Deep Purple (CD, Jun-2007, Eagle) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
DEEP PURPLE/THE BOOK OF TALIESYN- COLORED PURPLE VINYL. US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Deep Purple - New Live & Rare Vol.II. 1974 7" EX+ US $0.80 [0 bids]
VINTAGE ORIGINAL COMPLETE 1973 {DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN} DOUBLE 33 LP'S US $12.99 [0 bids]
2h
Burn, Deep Purple, New Original recording remastered, E US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 3m
7"-Single DEEP PURPLE - Black Night / Speed King (1970) FRANCE PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
DEEP PURPLE ?- THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT, USSR PRESS 1988, EX US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
DEEP PURPLE ?- SMOKE ON THE WATER, EX, USSR PRESS 1989 US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
DEEP PURPLE ?- SMOKE ON THE WATER, USSR PRESS 1990 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Deep Purple-The Colour Collection (Color) US $6.35 Buy It Now 2h 8m
7"-Single DEEP PURPLE - Strange Kind Of Woman (1971) GERMANY PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
DONNY & MARIE OSMOND DEEP PURPLE / TAKE ME BACK AGAIN -45RPM VINYL-#82 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
DEEP PURPLE LOT OF 3 CASSETTES US $0.89 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - 1U/1U UK PRESS - LAMINATED COVER and LYRIC POSTER US $17.67 [1 bids]
Deep Purple - Budokan 1973 T Shirt - Brand New Officially Licensed Merchandise US $22.43 Buy It Now 2h 21m
DEEP PURPLE SINGLES A'S & B'S LP ORIG UK 1978 HARVEST PURPLE VINYL EX+ US $8.04 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - THE BATTLE RAGES ON LP 1993 BRAZIL INSERT US $74.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Deep Purple / Made In Japan / 1973 / Warner Bros. 2WS-2701 / 2 LP / Trees Label US $4.12 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Jesse Crawford - Deep Purple lp Promenade 2074 US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Deep Purple " The Book Of Taliesyn " Harvest 038 CRY 04000 , gatefold US $10.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - 24 Carat Purple - LP Record VG G US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Made in Japan [Deluxe Edition] by Deep Purple (CD, 2 discs, May-2014, Warner) US $12.51 [4 bids]
DEEP PURPLE VINYL when we rock, we rock LP Hits Record VgEx ships us free 1978 US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD LP INDIAN COPY! RARE! EX/EX FREE SHIPPING!!! US $36.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
DEEP PURPLE-THE BATTLE RAGES ON-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $20.50 Buy It Now 2h 53m
DEEP PURPLE Now What new CD 2013 PRE-Order US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h
45rpm~TEMPO,Nino~I've Been Carrying A Torch For You/Deep Purple ?Vinyl 7" Record US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 3m
DEEP PURPLE BOMBAY LIVE 1995 CD BRAZIL LIMITED 1000 COPIES FIREBALL SPEED KING US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Jon Lord (Deep Purple)/Sarabande (West Germany/Sealed/1st Press) US $35.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple self-titled LP German pressing-EMI Harvest US $9.95 [1 bids]
Cassette Deep Purple 8 Heavy Metal lot tapes Machine Head Japan Strangers + US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Deep Purple - Made in Japan 180g Vinyl 2LP Record + Download NEW 2014 EU US $48.06 Buy It Now 3h 14m
GILLAN MR UNIVERSE LP 33 RPM INSERT LYRICS DEEP PURPLE RAINBOW WHITESNAKE GOOD US $3.20 [0 bids]
EX- MONO !! Deep Purple/Shades Of/1968 Parlophone MONO LP US $884.51 Buy It Now 3h 18m
DEEP PURPLE - IN ROCK - ANNIVERSARY EDITION REMASTERED CD - SIGNATURE CASE US $9.63 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Jazz - EARL BOSTIC Orch. Deep Purple & Smoke Rings US $5.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN MONTREUX CASINO 1969 PT.2-LTD. BLUE VINYL 150 COPIES ONLY US $29.99 [0 bids]
RONNIE DIO Elf Gambler 45 Deep Purple mint- Eastern Art US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN MONTREUX CASINO 1969 PT.1-LTD. BLUE VINYL 150 COPIES ONLY US $29.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE 2003 SUMMER TOUR PROGRAMME NEW MINT US $9.63 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Gary Moore, Colosseum II, Wardance LP. MCF 2817.1977.Don Airey.Deep Purple.RARE. US $1.59 [1 bids]
Deep Purple - Fireball LP + Insert UK 1st Press A-2U PEK/B-3U EX Textured Sleeve US $96.48 Buy It Now 3h 39m
DEEP PURPLE Smoke On The Water Rare Orig 45 Edit 3:48 b/w 4:34 Classic Rock VG++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAPTAIN BEYOND Sufficiently Breathless LP Iron Butterfly Deep Purple J.Winters US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 40m
DEEP PURPLE "PURPLE CHRONICLE" ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL JAPANESE SEALED PROMO CD! US $49.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - THE RICOCHET 2cd rare LIVE not tarantura,japan US $32.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - The Book of the Taliesyn LP Harvest SHVL751 A-1G/B-1G EX Vinyl US $128.64 Buy It Now 3h 58m
DEEP PURPLE: Live At The Royal Albert Hall (Harvest) 1970 LP - French pressing US $16.07 Buy It Now 4h
Deep Purple - DRIVING ME WILD 2cd rare LIVE not tarantura,japan US $32.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple "Stormbringer" 7inch black vinyl Black Sabbath Rainbow Pretty Things US $17.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Deep Purple "Strange Kind of Woman" on 7inch vinyl BlackSabbathRainbowBlackmore US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Deep Purple 1974 - 1976 CD *SEALED* III IV David Coverdale John Lord Live Inside US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Deepest Purple: The Very Best of Deep Purple by Deep Purple (CD, Jan-1989, De... US $9.06 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Deep Purple "Who Do We Think We Are", 1973 LP, Excellent Condition, WB Records US $5.25 Buy It Now 4h 20m
DEEP PURPLE " STRANGE KIND OF WOMAN2 SINGLE ADVERT 2X12" APP US $3.22 Buy It Now 4h 21m
DEEP PURPLE LP/BOOK OF TALIESYN/EMI HARVEST C06204000/GERMAN PRESSING/VGttt US $7.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Rare Ian Gillan Signed Born Again Vinyl LP Deep Purple + Photo WOW US $199.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE machine head 8 track tape US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Made In Japan - Rare 1973 French 7-track double live LP US $64.31 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Deep Purple Personalised Birthday Greetings Anniversary Thank You Card P42 US $4.81 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Deep Purple - In Rock (100% Japanese Limited Edition Mini LP w/ OBI) SHM-CD US $44.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Deep Purple - Swing Low Sweet Charioy The Hi Lo's Columbia 9522 US $2.97 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Deep Purple - The House Of Blue Light (100% Japanese with OBI) Hi Def. SHM-CD US $39.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Deep Purple : Machine Head Vinyl VG+ LP Record F US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
RAINBOW all night long 7" ritchie blackmore DEEP PURPLE holland copy ROCK metal US $14.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple, Greatest Purple, 1985 EMI Records Double Album Germany 198 2604523 US $20.50 Buy It Now 4h 33m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The Purple released this anniversary compilation for their thrity years of existence. In terms of tracklist, it is OK. As far as the versions are concerned, I am totally knocked out !

Most of the tracks are edited. The worse of course is reached with "Woman From Tokyo" and more than all with "Child In Time". This one is reduced to a mere four minutes fifteen seconds. It is faded out during Ritchie guitar solo !

What's this crap ?

Same treatment for "Never Before", "Burn", "You Keep On Moving" and "Perfect Strangers".

If you are new to the Purple, you have to avoid this one BY ALL MEANS. Get "The Deepest Purple" instead.

Two stars.

I guess that we'll soon (next year) get a compilation for their fortieth anniversary. I would like it to be as follows (only studio tracks, no editing).

Mark I : Hush, Help, Hey Joe, Shield, River Deep Mountain High, Lalena and April.

Mark II : Black Night (long version), Speed King, Child In Time, Flight Of The Rat, Hard Lovin' Man (finally), Fireball, Demon's Eye, The Mule, Fools, Highway Star, Pictures Of Home, Smoke On The Water, Lazy, When A Blind Man Cries, Woman from Tokyo and Super Trouper.

Mark III : Burn, Lay Down Stay Down, Mistreated, Stormbringer, Lady Double Dealer

Mark IV : Comin' Home, You Keep On Moving

Mark II B : Mean Streak, Perfect Strangers, A Gypsy's Kiss and The Spanish Archer

Mark V : none

Mark VI : Anya, A Twist In The Tale

Mark VII : Loosen My Strings, Hey Cisco

Mark VIII : Girls Like That, Rapture Of The deep

Guess what ? There are exactly forty numbers in my list (perfect for forty years, right?). All of this will fit on a three CD boxset probably called : "40: The Very Best Of". My rating of this unlikely compilation would be five stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107470) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 14, 2007

Review by Gatot
1 stars When I started to recollect all Deep Purple albums in the format of CDs, because previously I only got in cassette format, I tried to purchase this compilation. For me, it's better I owned this compilation first before I could afford to buy each individual album in CD format. When I looked at the set list, it covered everything from start of their career until Abandon album. So I purchased the CD and hoped that I can enjoy Deep Purple musical journey from start to end (it was end of 1999, I think). When I got home, and played the CD, I was totally DISAPPOINTED knowing the fact that Child In Time was FORCED to end before it reaches the original completion. I was really angri because there was no duration on track listing at the CD. So I phoned the local CD store right away and asking them for CD return because I do NOT like any idea that cut the song from its original duration, NO WAY! I fought really hard with the CD store and finally I got the deal that I could return the CD to the store! Yeah man, as a rocker we have to fight to the bone if any music creation is being killed by the label!!! I hate the label who produced this compilation. That's the main reason I put this CD as POOR because it has killed the original music creation - even though I knew that was under permission of the band. But I do not care. This is just released for commercial benefit of the label and I do not want to give a piece or penny to the label who has done such unprofessional thing. So, I do not recommend you to buy this collection.

Oh yes, there are excellent songs of Deep Purple contained here. But what for?

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157237) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 31, 2007

Review by Chris S
2 stars A pretty decent array of songs make up this compilation of Deep Purple sounds. With the exception of the hatchet job on ' Child In Time' you have most of DP's favoured tunes. ' Black Night' and the psychedlic ' Speed King off In Rock,the excellent ' Strange Kinda Woman, Coverdale's voice on the Burn album, arguably one of the strongest vocalists ever. If you are looking for a wider variety of Deep Purple music without investing in studio albums I would still guard against this acquisition as it does not necessarily effectively cover their 'best of' library properly. Look around some more for The Platinum Ultimate Collection as this has a better mix and would perhaps suit better.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#180672) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars 30 years in the making this compilation among over 50 other compilations of proto metal kings Deep Purple is actually one of the better ones. It jams in just over 77 minutes of solid gold Purple and in essence does not miss too much that makes this band great. All of the classics are here, namely Hush, Black Night, Speed King, Child In Time (edited), Strange Kind Of Woman, Fireball, Smoke On The Water, Highway Star, and Perfect Strangers. They don't include Knocking at Your Back Door though and why they had to edit Child In Time is beyond reason.

There are some odd choices here though that makes this quite a curio such as When A Blind Man Cries, Never Before, You Keep On Moving, Ted The Mechanic and Any Fule Kno That. These choices make this a lot different than other compilations previously. I like the fact they cram in 30 tracks to celebrate 30 years and of course you can't go wrong with this type of classic proto metal. An excellent compilation for those who can't be bothered collecting the albums, which are far superior. It is ideal for those who have not heard a lot from the band as it contains just about their best material.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#803698) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 12, 2012

2 stars This in't the worst introduction to Deep Purple one could think of, as it covers the bands moregeneric songs across different periods of their history. It's just so... watered down. The chaotic intro of 'Speed King' , for example is missing, and 'Child in Time' is shortened down to a four minute ... (read more)

Report this review (#165081) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A standard best-of album. I found nothing special in this album. And it's contain a single-edited version of "Child in Time", what a poor stuff! I told you once again, nothing special in this album. This album is made for the very very common (or maybe posers) listeners. But, this album some ... (read more)

Report this review (#145677) | Posted by progeater | Thursday, October 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Surfing in Prog Archives I realised this album had no reviews so, why not review it? This is an excellent Deep Purple compilation, going with most known classics as "Smoke on the water", "Highway star", "Black night", "Speed king", "Child in time" and so many others... I bought this when I decide ... (read more)

Report this review (#72257) | Posted by Barla | Saturday, March 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "30: Very Best Of"