30: VERY BEST OF

1. Hush (4:29)
2. Black Night (3:29)
3. Speed King (4:28)
4. Child In Time (4:15)
5. Strange Kind Of Woman (3:54)
6. Fireball (3:26)
7. Demon's Eye (5:23)
8. Smoke On The Water (5:43)
9. Highway Star (6:33)
10. When A Blind Man Cries (3:32)
11. Never Before (3:30)
12. Woman From Tokyo (2:48)
13. Burn (4:33)
14. Stormbringer (4:08)
15. You Keep On Moving (4:30)
16. Perfect Strangers (4:16)
17. Ted The Mechanic (4:19)
18. Any Fule Kno That (4:28)

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of tabs

- Rod Evans / vocals
- Ian Gillan / vocals (1969-1973, 1984-)
- David Coverdale / vocals (1973-1976)
- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars (1968-1974, 1984-1993)
- Tommy Bolin / guitars (1974-1976)
- Steve Morse / guitars (1993-)
- Nicky Simper / bass (1968-1969)
- Roger Glover / bass (1969-1973, 1984-)
- Glenn Hughes / bass, vocals (1973-1976)
- Jon Lord / keyboards (1968-)
- Ian Paice / drums (1968-)

CD EMI 4968072 (1998)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of Music

Very Best of Deep PurpleVery Best of Deep Purple
Rhino 2000
Perfect StrangersPerfect Strangers
Remastered · Extra tracks
Island / Mercury 1999
Made In Japan (Limited Edition Deluxe Boxed Set)Made In Japan (Limited Edition Deluxe Boxed Set)
Box set
Eagle Rock Ent 2005
DVD$8.09
FireballFireball
Rhino Flashback 2008
Deep Purple-When We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll LP GD+/VG+ 1978- $1.65 US $1.65 [0 bids]
38m 19s
DEEP PURPLE "NM WAX" 24 Carat Purple P-10029W LP s2907 US $5.99 [0 bids]
39m 33s
The Yardbirds - For Your Love / Deep Purple - Hush / 7" 45 - VG+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
40m 22s
DEEP PURPLE "NM WAX" Last Concert in Japan P-10370W LP r8860 US $5.99 [0 bids]
48m 43s
Deep Purple DEEPEST PURPLE The Very Best of PRK3486 LP r8859 US $5.99 [0 bids]
48m 43s
DEEP PURPLE "NM WAX" When We Rock, We Rock and When P-10559W LP v7359 US $5.99 [0 bids]
48m 47s
DEEPEST PURPLE THE BEST OF DEEP PURPLE VINYL LP WARNER BROS PRK 3486 GREATEST US $11.95 Buy It Now 50m 19s
Deep Purple Tribute Smoke On The Water A Tribute USA Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 58m 20s
10 LOT CD OZZY ICE-T DANZIG BIOHAZARD ANTHRAX DEEP PURPLE WAR COC US $25.00 [0 bids]
59m 40s
DEEP PURPLE - SLAVES AND MASTERS CD 0-7863-52421-2 1190 US $5.99 [0 bids]
59m 40s
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN 180 GRAM VINYL LP SET NEW US $37.99 Buy It Now 59m 49s
DEEP PURPLE - Live in London 1974 - 2 CD Set NEW - Concert Remaster Europe made US $13.85 Buy It Now 1h
DEEP PURPLE Purple Passages P-5171W 2LP Y6187 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Mark I and Mark II double lp - ex condition! US $12.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Machine Head US $1.25 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - The BBC Sessions 1968 / 1970 - 2 CD Set NEW - Live Studio mk EMI US $13.85 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Lot of 2 Deep Purple Vinyl Record Album / Albums - Made in Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Live Royal Philharmonic Orchestra LP 1st US Press VG/VG++ US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 26m
HELLION driving 7" Record mystic records CLEAR Vinyl with Deep Purple cover song US $49.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Perfect Strangers by DEEP PURPLE ( CD 1984 PolyGram ) ORIGINAL P2-23777 issue US $0.99 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE BURN WARNER BROTHERS 1974 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Wally Stott and His Orchestra - Deep Purple/Septemb 45 rpm single picture sleeve US $5.75 [0 bids]
Donnie and Marie Osmond - Deep Purple/Take Me Back Again, 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
GILLAN - MR. UNIVERSE LP Ian Deep Purple Black Sabbath Bernie Torme NWOBHM US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
1998 Deep Purple Smoke On The Water Music CD Album Polygram Records 10 Tracks US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
GILLAN Glory Road British Tour 1980 Vtg Concert T-shirt Ian (not DEEP PURPLE) US $67.21 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Deep Purple And The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra-Warner Bros Green WS 1860 EX- US $14.36 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Deep Purple Australia '99 shaped CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Deep Purple - Machine Head - Original Vinyl LP US $6.50 [3 bids]
DEEP PURPLE 'BLACK NIGHT' GERMANY 45 US $8.99 [0 bids]
Ian Gillan DEEP PURPLE Scandinavian Nights LIVE IN STOCKHOLM 1970 2 CD! MINT! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Whitesnake, Best of Audio CD Rainbow Deep Purple Led Zeppelin Dio US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Deep Purple CD. in Rock by Deep Purple (CD, Nov-1987, Warner Bros.) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DEEP PURPLE NEW LIVE & RARE VOLUME ONE CD MINI LP OBI US $15.67 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DEEP PURPLE SLAVES AND MASTERS CD MINI LP OBI US $15.67 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL CD MINI LP OBI US $15.67 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DEEP PURPLE - IN ROCK - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - OUT OF PRINT - WPCR-13110 US $49.90 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - JAPAN MINI LP COMPLETE SET OF 10 CD'S - MANY NOW OOP- NO PROMO BOX US $499.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - JEWEL CASE JAPAN SHM EDITION - NEW OOP - WPCR-13233 US $49.99 [0 bids]
Bing Crosby Star Dust/Deep Purple US $20.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MADE IN JAPAN - 1973 Gate-Fold Vinyl Lp. US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Don Airey K2 Tales Of Triumph And Tragedy CD Gary Moore Cozy Powell Deep Purple US $24.99 [0 bids]
Alice Cooper Deep Purple Sampler (CD, 1990) RARE Promo US $49.99 [0 bids]
Deepest Purple: Very Best of Deep Purple (CD 1980) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED! US $6.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Shades of Deep Purple (1968 Original Vinyl LP) T-102 US $14.99 [0 bids]
LOT181 Beatles Elvis Deep Purple Eagles 8 track Byrds Elton John Bob Dylan Seger US $34.95 [0 bids]
Nino Tempo & April Stevens 45 Deep Purple / I've Been Carrying record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 45m
DEEP PURPLE last concert in japan VG/EX JAPAN P-10370W | 14-0318-030 US $23.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Nino Tempo April Stevens 45 Deep Purple / Sweet and Lovely record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 58m
The House of Blue Light by Deep Purple (CD, Polydor) US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE WHO DO WE THINK 24k GOLD CD MINT AFZ-027 WE ARE in HDCD OUT OF PRINT US $44.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Deep Purple Rapture Of The Deep CD 2005 Ian Gillan Ian Paice Roger Glover Smoke US $6.50 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE_Who Do We Think We Are!_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA US $11.24 Buy It Now 4h 27m
1969 HARVEST Deep Purple LP Gatefold Made In GREECE BOSCH Cover Guy Evans CLEAN US $29.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Deep Purple Two Different Cassette Tapes Music Lot US $5.70 Buy It Now 4h 43m
DEEP PURPLE/ TOTAL ABANDON - 2 VCD US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 44m
Deep Purple Made In Europe Japan CD mini LP Sleeve LTD ED NEW US $47.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Deep Purple Now What Japan SHM-CD plus DVD Ltd Edition Import 3 Bonus Tracks NEW US $45.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
DEEP PURPLE S/T 3RD LP HARVEST SWEDEN NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Serato Performance Series Deep Purple First Generation Control Vinyl W/ Slipmats US $64.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball LP New SEALED 180 gram US $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK WE ROCK WHEN WE ROLL WE ROLL LP 616 US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
DEEP PURPLE 2 Cassettes Lot USA Print - no heep sabbath dio heavy metal US $3.98 [0 bids]
CD - Deep Purple - Knocking at your back door - Best of Deep Purple in the 80's US $3.75 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Deep Purple Shades Of Deep Purple WHITE LABEL Warner Pioneer P-8367W JP LP OBI US $32.00 [12 bids]
8 track Deep Purple III 1969 TESTED UNDER $5 SALE US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
DooWop 45RPM - Billy Ward & Dominoes - Deep Purple US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Deep Purple Made Europe Japan Promo Vinyl LP Whitesnake US $89.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Machine Head by Deep Purple (CD, Oct-1990, Warner Bros.) US $3.99 [0 bids]
1976 - DEEP PURPLE - Made In Europe - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.12 Buy It Now 6h 33m
DEEP PURPLE-SET OF 3 ALBUMS : 1ST, 2ND, 3RD-JAPAN MINI LP K2HD+HQCD Ltd/Ed U26 US $111.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
ROGER GLOVER "Love is all" RARE ITALIAN HOLECOVER 7"PROMO for JB - DEEP PURPLE US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Deep Purple Never before Japan US $58.00 Buy It Now 7h 26m
DEEP PURPLE-SET OF 9 ALBUMS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed BF05 US $288.99 Buy It Now 7h 42m
The Battle Rages On... by Deep Purple (CD, Jul-1993, Giant (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h
Deep Purple The Now What?! Live Tapes SHM CD Japanese VICP70192~3 VICTOR 2013 US $88.31 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Rainbow Rising Japan Promo only Red Flexi Deep Purple Blackmore Ronnie James Dio US $74.99 Buy It Now 8h 14m
DEEP PURPLE ROCK COLLECTION 7 CDS ALBUMS US $29.90 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball - GATEFOLD VINYL LP GERMAN PRESS US $24.21 Buy It Now 8h 23m
DEEP PURPLE-THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE-JAPAN CD C00 US $17.50 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Deep Purple Total Abandon Australia '99 CD 2012 Rock Music Album Brand New US $10.08 Buy It Now 8h 50m
DEEP PURPLE Above & Beyond CD Single Digipak 2013 NEW & SEALED US $13.37 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Deep Purple - Black Night c/w Into The Fire 7" JAPAN 45 Green Label US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
DEEP PURPLE - SELF TITLED NEW LP SEALED US $30.20 Buy It Now 9h 57m
NINO TEMPO & APRIL STEVENS-DEEP PURPLE-JAPAN CD B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Deep Purple - Total Abandon Australia '99 '2CD' (1999) US $34.00 [30 bids]
Deep Purple - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra LIVE LP FR b US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEW COMPLETE ALBUMS 1970-1976 - Deep Purple US $50.12 Buy It Now 10h 27m
ERROL GARNER DEEP PURPLE + 3 SWEDEN EP PS 1950s US $14.59 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Deep Purple Deep Purple In Rock 1970 CD Hard Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.76 Buy It Now 10h 55m
DICK TODD ARE YOU IN THE MOOD FOR MISCHIEF & DEEP PURPLE BLUEBIRD B-10072 US $5.03 Buy It Now 11h 10m
DEEP PURPLE - BLACK NIGHT / SPEED KING 1971 OZ 7" HAR-9315 EX COND US $14.04 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Deep Purple and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra mini LP SHM-CD japan NEW US $48.00 Buy It Now 11h 54m
Deep Purple - Shades 1968-98 [CD New] US $57.92 Buy It Now 11h 54m
DEEP PURPLE Made in Japan VINYL Ian Gillan Roger Glover & Paice Autograph SIGNED US $149.99 Buy It Now 11h 55m
DEEP PURPLE - BBC Sessions VINYL LP Ian Gillan Paice Whitesnake Autograph SIGNED US $119.99 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Deep Purple The Best Of Deep Purple CTN 18010 Scepter Records 1972 LP US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(19%)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The Purple released this anniversary compilation for their thrity years of existence. In terms of tracklist, it is OK. As far as the versions are concerned, I am totally knocked out !

Most of the tracks are edited. The worse of course is reached with "Woman From Tokyo" and more than all with "Child In Time". This one is reduced to a mere four minutes fifteen seconds. It is faded out during Ritchie guitar solo !

What's this crap ?

Same treatment for "Never Before", "Burn", "You Keep On Moving" and "Perfect Strangers".

If you are new to the Purple, you have to avoid this one BY ALL MEANS. Get "The Deepest Purple" instead.

Two stars.

I guess that we'll soon (next year) get a compilation for their fortieth anniversary. I would like it to be as follows (only studio tracks, no editing).

Mark I : Hush, Help, Hey Joe, Shield, River Deep Mountain High, Lalena and April.

Mark II : Black Night (long version), Speed King, Child In Time, Flight Of The Rat, Hard Lovin' Man (finally), Fireball, Demon's Eye, The Mule, Fools, Highway Star, Pictures Of Home, Smoke On The Water, Lazy, When A Blind Man Cries, Woman from Tokyo and Super Trouper.

Mark III : Burn, Lay Down Stay Down, Mistreated, Stormbringer, Lady Double Dealer

Mark IV : Comin' Home, You Keep On Moving

Mark II B : Mean Streak, Perfect Strangers, A Gypsy's Kiss and The Spanish Archer

Mark V : none

Mark VI : Anya, A Twist In The Tale

Mark VII : Loosen My Strings, Hey Cisco

Mark VIII : Girls Like That, Rapture Of The deep

Guess what ? There are exactly forty numbers in my list (perfect for forty years, right?). All of this will fit on a three CD boxset probably called : "40: The Very Best Of". My rating of this unlikely compilation would be five stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107470) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 14, 2007

Review by Gatot
1 stars When I started to recollect all Deep Purple albums in the format of CDs, because previously I only got in cassette format, I tried to purchase this compilation. For me, it's better I owned this compilation first before I could afford to buy each individual album in CD format. When I looked at the set list, it covered everything from start of their career until Abandon album. So I purchased the CD and hoped that I can enjoy Deep Purple musical journey from start to end (it was end of 1999, I think). When I got home, and played the CD, I was totally DISAPPOINTED knowing the fact that Child In Time was FORCED to end before it reaches the original completion. I was really angri because there was no duration on track listing at the CD. So I phoned the local CD store right away and asking them for CD return because I do NOT like any idea that cut the song from its original duration, NO WAY! I fought really hard with the CD store and finally I got the deal that I could return the CD to the store! Yeah man, as a rocker we have to fight to the bone if any music creation is being killed by the label!!! I hate the label who produced this compilation. That's the main reason I put this CD as POOR because it has killed the original music creation - even though I knew that was under permission of the band. But I do not care. This is just released for commercial benefit of the label and I do not want to give a piece or penny to the label who has done such unprofessional thing. So, I do not recommend you to buy this collection.

Oh yes, there are excellent songs of Deep Purple contained here. But what for?

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157237) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 31, 2007

Review by Chris S
2 stars A pretty decent array of songs make up this compilation of Deep Purple sounds. With the exception of the hatchet job on ' Child In Time' you have most of DP's favoured tunes. ' Black Night' and the psychedlic ' Speed King off In Rock,the excellent ' Strange Kinda Woman, Coverdale's voice on the Burn album, arguably one of the strongest vocalists ever. If you are looking for a wider variety of Deep Purple music without investing in studio albums I would still guard against this acquisition as it does not necessarily effectively cover their 'best of' library properly. Look around some more for The Platinum Ultimate Collection as this has a better mix and would perhaps suit better.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#180672) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars 30 years in the making this compilation among over 50 other compilations of proto metal kings Deep Purple is actually one of the better ones. It jams in just over 77 minutes of solid gold Purple and in essence does not miss too much that makes this band great. All of the classics are here, namely Hush, Black Night, Speed King, Child In Time (edited), Strange Kind Of Woman, Fireball, Smoke On The Water, Highway Star, and Perfect Strangers. They don't include Knocking at Your Back Door though and why they had to edit Child In Time is beyond reason.

There are some odd choices here though that makes this quite a curio such as When A Blind Man Cries, Never Before, You Keep On Moving, Ted The Mechanic and Any Fule Kno That. These choices make this a lot different than other compilations previously. I like the fact they cram in 30 tracks to celebrate 30 years and of course you can't go wrong with this type of classic proto metal. An excellent compilation for those who can't be bothered collecting the albums, which are far superior. It is ideal for those who have not heard a lot from the band as it contains just about their best material.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#803698) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 12, 2012

2 stars This in't the worst introduction to Deep Purple one could think of, as it covers the bands moregeneric songs across different periods of their history. It's just so... watered down. The chaotic intro of 'Speed King' , for example is missing, and 'Child in Time' is shortened down to a four minute ... (read more)

Report this review (#165081) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A standard best-of album. I found nothing special in this album. And it's contain a single-edited version of "Child in Time", what a poor stuff! I told you once again, nothing special in this album. This album is made for the very very common (or maybe posers) listeners. But, this album some ... (read more)

Report this review (#145677) | Posted by progeater | Thursday, October 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Surfing in Prog Archives I realised this album had no reviews so, why not review it? This is an excellent Deep Purple compilation, going with most known classics as "Smoke on the water", "Highway star", "Black night", "Speed king", "Child in time" and so many others... I bought this when I decide ... (read more)

Report this review (#72257) | Posted by Barla | Saturday, March 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "30: Very Best Of"