30: VERY BEST OF

1. Hush (4:29)
2. Black Night (3:29)
3. Speed King (4:28)
4. Child In Time (4:15)
5. Strange Kind Of Woman (3:54)
6. Fireball (3:26)
7. Demon's Eye (5:23)
8. Smoke On The Water (5:43)
9. Highway Star (6:33)
10. When A Blind Man Cries (3:32)
11. Never Before (3:30)
12. Woman From Tokyo (2:48)
13. Burn (4:33)
14. Stormbringer (4:08)
15. You Keep On Moving (4:30)
16. Perfect Strangers (4:16)
17. Ted The Mechanic (4:19)
18. Any Fule Kno That (4:28)

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of tabs

- Rod Evans / vocals
- Ian Gillan / vocals (1969-1973, 1984-)
- David Coverdale / vocals (1973-1976)
- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars (1968-1974, 1984-1993)
- Tommy Bolin / guitars (1974-1976)
- Steve Morse / guitars (1993-)
- Nicky Simper / bass (1968-1969)
- Roger Glover / bass (1969-1973, 1984-)
- Glenn Hughes / bass, vocals (1973-1976)
- Jon Lord / keyboards (1968-)
- Ian Paice / drums (1968-)

CD EMI 4968072 (1998)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of Music

Mercury 1999
In Rock: Anniversary EditionIn Rock: Anniversary Edition
Import · Remastered
EMI 1995
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Rhino 2005
NOW What?!NOW What?!
Deluxe Edition · CD+DVD · Extra tracks
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2013
DEEP PURPLE love conquers all CD Single PROMO ONLY 1990 US $52.50 Buy It Now 29m 51s
Deep Purple- S/T- Cassette US $6.99 Buy It Now 30m 24s
Deep Purple - Come Hell or High Water (Live Recording) -NEW/SEALED-24HR POST!! US $9.95 Buy It Now 32m 18s
DEEP PURPLE LIVE JAPAN LONG BEACH DENMARK OBI REPLICA ISSUE RARE SEALED 5 CD SET US $424.99 Buy It Now 36m 19s
DEEP PURPLE LIVE IN LONG BEACH 1976 JAPAN REPLICA RARE OBI IN A SEALED 2CD SET US $237.99 Buy It Now 39m 36s
Deep Purple Powerhouse UK Album Purple US $17.49 Buy It Now 40m 15s
WHITESNAKE - Still Of The Night; '87 Geffen Promo CD - Rare Sealed - Deep Purple US $63.00 Buy It Now 42m 38s
DEEP PURPLE LIVE IN TOYKO 1975 RARE JAPAN REPLICA ISSUE SEALED IN A OBI 2 CD SET US $254.99 Buy It Now 43m 34s
DEEP PURPLE: Hush! 4:19-One More Rainy Day 3:38-Germany 7"Odeon EMI 0 23 879 PSL US $74.98 Buy It Now 45m 26s
DEEP PURPLE : " YOU KEEP ON MOVING" DEMO. US $8.62 [2 bids]
50m 15s
RARE FRENCH SP JUKEBOX DEEP PURPLE CORONARIAS REDIG US $6.99 [0 bids]
55m 42s
RARE FRENCH SP DEEP PURPLE STORMBRINGER US $6.99 [0 bids]
57m 26s
DEEP PURPLE/ OCHUTNAVKA,russia import,[COME TASTE THE BAND] US $10.00 [0 bids]
1h
8 LP DEEP PURPLE A.L.WEBBER LED ZEPPELIN DIRE STRAITS BON JOVI CHARIZMA MELODIYA US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Rare Original Press Vinyl-Deep Purple-Nino Tempo & April Stevens-WOW US $7.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE 6 TAPE LOT EARLY ALBUMS 2 SEALED EO120 US $13.50 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Deep Purple In Concert 2 LP Set Mk2 UK Import on EMI/Harvest A4/B2/A3/B2 Matrix US $7.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Powerhouse LP Mk2 Live UK Import EMI/Purple A1/B1 Matrix Nick W. Cut US $6.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple 24 Carat Purple LP Mk2 UK Import on EMI/Purple Records A1/B1 Matrix! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Live In London LP Mk3 EMI/Purple Records P501 Original A1/B1 Matrix! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple 3 Classic CDs Box Set / Very Best Of D.P., Machine Head US $16.00 [0 bids]
Smoke on the Water, Deep Purple, Excellent Original recording remastered, O US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
DEEP PURPLE Smoke On The Water UK1973 DEMO Black Sabbath LED ZEPPELIN Thin Lizzy US $16.60 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Fireball 1971 or. GERMANY lp HARVEST label US $24.99 [0 bids]
California Jam 1974 by Deep Purple (CD, EMI Music Distribution) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Last Kiss by Fandango (Joe Lynn Turner - Rainbow - Deep Purple NM LP B US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Deep Purple Shades of Deep Purple CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE FROST ? FROST MUSIC LP DEEP PURPLE RAINBOW HENDRIX CREAM ACDC ALICE COOPER US $19.99 [0 bids]
Machine Head by Deep Purple (CD, Oct-1990, Warner Bros.) US $6.00 [0 bids]
THE FROST ? THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE LP DEEP PURPLE NUGENT KISS ALICE COOPER MC5 US $19.99 [0 bids]
SH.Vinyl record[24Carat Purple]DEEP PURPLE*Japan OBI LIVE Black night Blackmore US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Deep Purple LP Machine Head 1972 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Come Taste The Band [CD New] US $13.07 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Deep Purple Rainbow DIO-rare Yugoslavia 7"45 PS US $33.21 Buy It Now 1h 38m
The House Of Blue Light Deep Purple Audio CD US $14.50 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Deep Purple - Now What?! Box Set [CD New] US $69.60 Buy It Now 1h 40m
KANSAS -power STEVE MORSE DEEP PURPLE 1986 TURKISH PRESSING LP NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
DEEP PURPLE BLACK NIGHT DANISH 45+PS 1970 PSYCH GARAGE MOD FREAKBEAT ROCK US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
DEEP PURPLE - COLLECTION [DEEP PURPLE] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $7.75 Buy It Now 1h 49m
RAINBOW - RITCHIE BLACKMORE'S LP EXCELLENT DEEP PURPLE US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Harvest Heritage - feats S Barrett/ELO/Deep Purple etc...- free uk post US $19.27 Buy It Now 1h 50m
DEEP PURPLE Bird has flown/ hallelujah MEXICO SINGLE 7" rare Spanish titles !! US $14.99 [1 bids]
METALSHOP #315 2-8-1990 Metallica KISS Motley Crue DEEP PURPLE US $60.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
DEEP PURPLE - WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE - DCC 24 Karat Gold CD - FACTORY SEALED !! US $49.99 [0 bids]
2h
Deep Purple - In Rock music cassette MC US $5.99 [0 bids]
7"-Single DEEP PURPLE - Strange Kind Of Woman / I'm Alone (1971) GERMANY PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
DEEP PURPLE 45 Hallelujah (I Am The Preacher) / April (Part 1) - NM US $8.95 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Deep Purple - Burn music cassette MC US $4.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT 1987 LP 33 RPM SEALED US $49.97 Buy It Now 2h 16m
DEEP PURPLE 24 Carat Purple PURPLE RECORDS (EMI) 1975 lilac vinyl NEAR MINT OOP! US $61.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
DEEP PURPLE "BURN" CD ALBUM 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION US $15.78 Buy It Now 2h 18m
DEEP PURPLE "FIREBALL" CD ALBUM TWENTYFIFTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION US $12.46 Buy It Now 2h 19m
DEEP PURPLE "IN ROCK" CD ALBUM TWENTYFIFTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION US $12.46 Buy It Now 2h 19m
7"-Single DEEP PURPLE - Smoke On The Water (1973) DIFF. GERMANY PS / NO ADS US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
PURPLE RAINBOWS The Very Best Of Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake And Gillan 2CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
8 Track Tapes Lot of 12 ~5th Dimension Sinatra Elton John Deep Purple US $19.99 [0 bids]
Knocking at Your Back Door: The Best of Deep Purple in the 80's by Deep... US $7.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are music cassette tape US $4.99 [0 bids]
Like New - Original Warner Bros / Rhino Records - Deep Purple - The Very Best Of US $0.99 [0 bids]
WB 70s rock 45 DEEP PURPLE - Smoke On The Water US $3.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Machine Head Warner Bros LP BS 2607 US $5.00 [0 bids]
RAINMAN SOUNDTRACK CD ETTA JAMES IAN GILLAN DEEP PURPLE LOU CHRISTIE Tom Cruise US $0.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple, Smoke on the Water, Smoke on the water, Warner bros, 1972 US $6.66 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Battle Rages On [CD New] US $20.07 Buy It Now 2h 32m
BLACKMORE'S NIGHT - Winter Carols CD 2006 VGC RARE! (DEEP PURPLE RAINBOW) US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE 'The Book Of Taliesyn' Limited Edition 180g Vinyl LP NEW US $18.67 Buy It Now 2h 38m
DEEP PURPLE 'The House Of Blue Light' Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $16.81 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Live in London 1974 by Deep Purple (CD, Sep-2007, Purple Records Ltd. (UK)) US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rock Box CD(Deep Purple Saxon Ramones Great White Stranglers) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Perpendicular music cassette tape US $4.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Very Best Of CD Black Sabbath AC/DC Rainbow Led Zeppelin Dio Who US $4.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - THE BEST OF DEEP PURPLE-CD US $1.04 [2 bids]
DEEP PURPLE House Of Pain + Contact Lost PROMO CD SINGLE RARE OOP US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
2013 DEEP PURPLE NOW WHAT ? ! JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK US $31.00 Buy It Now 2h 56m
DEEP PURPLE LIVE AT MONTREUX CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 3h
Gene Ludwig Deep Purple / The Vamp Vinyl 45 US $14.75 Buy It Now 3h
DEEP PURPLE Haunted CD SINGLE RARE US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DEEP PURPLE - GREATEST HITS - 2 CD's US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Deep Purple RARE Japan 7 single Highway Star Strange VINYL metal rainbow gillan US $12.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Greatest Hits 15 songs US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Deep Purple Last Concert In Japan German Album US $20.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
DEEP PURPLE Live In Japan Digitally Remastered 1996 OOP CD Japan WPCR-868 US $9.18 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Vinyl Records Lot US $55.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK WE ROCK & WHEN WE ROLL WE ROLL JAPAN CD OBI 18P2 1ST PR US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 38m
DEEPEST PURPLE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE JAPAN CD 2400yen WPCP SEALED 1ST PRESS US $129.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
DEEP PURPLE POWER HOUSE 1977 JAPAN CD 1900yen WPCP SEALED 1ST PRESS US $199.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
DEEP PURPLE I'm So Glad ESTOY CONTENTO MEXICAN 7" ORIG 1969 SWIRL LABEL UNIQUE!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE"MACHINE HEAD" 12" LP. FOLDOUT SLEEVE.VG/VG. W.B. 1972. 1ST PRESSING US $11.50 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE PURPLE CHRONICLE THE BEST SELECTION JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen WPCR 1ST PR US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
DEEP PURPLE PURPENDICULAR 1996 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen 1ST PRESS US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
GILLAN & GLOVER THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER 2 CD BOX SET! NEW! DEEP PURPLE! PAYPAL! US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE PERFECT STRANGER MERCURY RE-ISSUE LP / RECORD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Perfect Strangers USA Cassette Tape US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
IAN GILLAN BAND CLEAR AIR TURBULENCE 2 CD BOX SET! NEW! DEEP PURPLE! PAYPAL! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - House of Blue Light 1986 Mercury orig. LP Blackmore Gillan Lord US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Made in Japan [The Remastered Edition] by Deep Purple (CD, Nov-1998, 2 Discs,... US $9.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP-THE MAGICIAN'S BIRTHDAY-CD-OOP LED ZEPPELIN BLACK SABBATH DEEP PURPLE US $6.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Stormbringer. 180 Gram 33rpm Sealed Vinyl LP US $54.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Donny & Marie Osmond - Deep Purple - 45RPM US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
24 K GOLD AUDIO FIDELITY Who Do We Think We Are by Deep Purple CD, Oct-2005 US $47.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The Purple released this anniversary compilation for their thrity years of existence. In terms of tracklist, it is OK. As far as the versions are concerned, I am totally knocked out !

Most of the tracks are edited. The worse of course is reached with "Woman From Tokyo" and more than all with "Child In Time". This one is reduced to a mere four minutes fifteen seconds. It is faded out during Ritchie guitar solo !

What's this crap ?

Same treatment for "Never Before", "Burn", "You Keep On Moving" and "Perfect Strangers".

If you are new to the Purple, you have to avoid this one BY ALL MEANS. Get "The Deepest Purple" instead.

Two stars.

I guess that we'll soon (next year) get a compilation for their fortieth anniversary. I would like it to be as follows (only studio tracks, no editing).

Mark I : Hush, Help, Hey Joe, Shield, River Deep Mountain High, Lalena and April.

Mark II : Black Night (long version), Speed King, Child In Time, Flight Of The Rat, Hard Lovin' Man (finally), Fireball, Demon's Eye, The Mule, Fools, Highway Star, Pictures Of Home, Smoke On The Water, Lazy, When A Blind Man Cries, Woman from Tokyo and Super Trouper.

Mark III : Burn, Lay Down Stay Down, Mistreated, Stormbringer, Lady Double Dealer

Mark IV : Comin' Home, You Keep On Moving

Mark II B : Mean Streak, Perfect Strangers, A Gypsy's Kiss and The Spanish Archer

Mark V : none

Mark VI : Anya, A Twist In The Tale

Mark VII : Loosen My Strings, Hey Cisco

Mark VIII : Girls Like That, Rapture Of The deep

Guess what ? There are exactly forty numbers in my list (perfect for forty years, right?). All of this will fit on a three CD boxset probably called : "40: The Very Best Of". My rating of this unlikely compilation would be five stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107470) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 14, 2007

Review by Gatot
1 stars When I started to recollect all Deep Purple albums in the format of CDs, because previously I only got in cassette format, I tried to purchase this compilation. For me, it's better I owned this compilation first before I could afford to buy each individual album in CD format. When I looked at the set list, it covered everything from start of their career until Abandon album. So I purchased the CD and hoped that I can enjoy Deep Purple musical journey from start to end (it was end of 1999, I think). When I got home, and played the CD, I was totally DISAPPOINTED knowing the fact that Child In Time was FORCED to end before it reaches the original completion. I was really angri because there was no duration on track listing at the CD. So I phoned the local CD store right away and asking them for CD return because I do NOT like any idea that cut the song from its original duration, NO WAY! I fought really hard with the CD store and finally I got the deal that I could return the CD to the store! Yeah man, as a rocker we have to fight to the bone if any music creation is being killed by the label!!! I hate the label who produced this compilation. That's the main reason I put this CD as POOR because it has killed the original music creation - even though I knew that was under permission of the band. But I do not care. This is just released for commercial benefit of the label and I do not want to give a piece or penny to the label who has done such unprofessional thing. So, I do not recommend you to buy this collection.

Oh yes, there are excellent songs of Deep Purple contained here. But what for?

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157237) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 31, 2007

Review by Chris S
2 stars A pretty decent array of songs make up this compilation of Deep Purple sounds. With the exception of the hatchet job on ' Child In Time' you have most of DP's favoured tunes. ' Black Night' and the psychedlic ' Speed King off In Rock,the excellent ' Strange Kinda Woman, Coverdale's voice on the Burn album, arguably one of the strongest vocalists ever. If you are looking for a wider variety of Deep Purple music without investing in studio albums I would still guard against this acquisition as it does not necessarily effectively cover their 'best of' library properly. Look around some more for The Platinum Ultimate Collection as this has a better mix and would perhaps suit better.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#180672) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars 30 years in the making this compilation among over 50 other compilations of proto metal kings Deep Purple is actually one of the better ones. It jams in just over 77 minutes of solid gold Purple and in essence does not miss too much that makes this band great. All of the classics are here, namely Hush, Black Night, Speed King, Child In Time (edited), Strange Kind Of Woman, Fireball, Smoke On The Water, Highway Star, and Perfect Strangers. They don't include Knocking at Your Back Door though and why they had to edit Child In Time is beyond reason.

There are some odd choices here though that makes this quite a curio such as When A Blind Man Cries, Never Before, You Keep On Moving, Ted The Mechanic and Any Fule Kno That. These choices make this a lot different than other compilations previously. I like the fact they cram in 30 tracks to celebrate 30 years and of course you can't go wrong with this type of classic proto metal. An excellent compilation for those who can't be bothered collecting the albums, which are far superior. It is ideal for those who have not heard a lot from the band as it contains just about their best material.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#803698) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 12, 2012

2 stars This in't the worst introduction to Deep Purple one could think of, as it covers the bands moregeneric songs across different periods of their history. It's just so... watered down. The chaotic intro of 'Speed King' , for example is missing, and 'Child in Time' is shortened down to a four minute ... (read more)

Report this review (#165081) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A standard best-of album. I found nothing special in this album. And it's contain a single-edited version of "Child in Time", what a poor stuff! I told you once again, nothing special in this album. This album is made for the very very common (or maybe posers) listeners. But, this album some ... (read more)

Report this review (#145677) | Posted by progeater | Thursday, October 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Surfing in Prog Archives I realised this album had no reviews so, why not review it? This is an excellent Deep Purple compilation, going with most known classics as "Smoke on the water", "Highway star", "Black night", "Speed king", "Child in time" and so many others... I bought this when I decide ... (read more)

Report this review (#72257) | Posted by Barla | Saturday, March 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "30: Very Best Of"