30: VERY BEST OF

1. Hush (4:29)
2. Black Night (3:29)
3. Speed King (4:28)
4. Child In Time (4:15)
5. Strange Kind Of Woman (3:54)
6. Fireball (3:26)
7. Demon's Eye (5:23)
8. Smoke On The Water (5:43)
9. Highway Star (6:33)
10. When A Blind Man Cries (3:32)
11. Never Before (3:30)
12. Woman From Tokyo (2:48)
13. Burn (4:33)
14. Stormbringer (4:08)
15. You Keep On Moving (4:30)
16. Perfect Strangers (4:16)
17. Ted The Mechanic (4:19)
18. Any Fule Kno That (4:28)

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of tabs

- Rod Evans / vocals
- Ian Gillan / vocals (1969-1973, 1984-)
- David Coverdale / vocals (1973-1976)
- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars (1968-1974, 1984-1993)
- Tommy Bolin / guitars (1974-1976)
- Steve Morse / guitars (1993-)
- Nicky Simper / bass (1968-1969)
- Roger Glover / bass (1969-1973, 1984-)
- Glenn Hughes / bass, vocals (1973-1976)
- Jon Lord / keyboards (1968-)
- Ian Paice / drums (1968-)

CD EMI 4968072 (1998)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of Music

Very Best of Deep PurpleVery Best of Deep Purple
Rhino 2000
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Machine HeadMachine Head
Warner Bros / Wea 1990
FireballFireball
Rhino Flashback 2008
Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)
Import · Remastered
EMI Import 2002
Made in JapanMade in Japan
Warner Bros / Wea 1990
Deep Purple Burn LP EX+/NM Vinyl "Lyric Insert" US $12.99 Buy It Now 37m 50s
DIXIE DREGS Free Fall FUSION Guitar S MORSE Capricorn IMPORT Deep Purple KANSAS US $9.99 Buy It Now 42m 53s
Deep Purple Machine Head LP, "Smoke on the Water" Vintage Rock US $6.99 Buy It Now 49m
Deep Purple Perfect Strangers vintage 1980s SEW-ON PATCH US $10.12 Buy It Now 57m 11s
WHITESNAKE(DEEP PURPLE) Japan 1987 NM 7"45 GIVE ME ALL US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Book Of Taliesyn Deep Purple Lp Record T-107 (1968 Pressing!)New US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
DEEP PURPLE WHO DO WE THINK RARE 8 TRACK TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE VINTAGE RARE 8 TRACK TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
DEEP PURPLE - SMOKE ON THE WATER RARE DIFFERENT COVER YUGO PRESS 7"PS EP US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL VERY RARE YUGO PRESS DIFF COVER 7" PS US $32.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Deep Purple self titled 3rd album remastered Lalena The Painter April CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - STRANGE KIND OF WOMAN VERY RARE YUGO PRESS 7" PS US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Luis Arcaraz & His Orchestra 45 Deep Purple/Gelatine Merengue RCA Victor 476690 US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
David Rose- Deep Purple LP US $12.25 Buy It Now 1h 24m
DEEP PURPLE In Concert 2 CD SEALED NEW US $13.98 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Machine Head by Deep Purple CD US $1.49 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Shades of Deep Purple - Holland Import - Harvest LP US $15.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple "Purple Passages" Warner Brothers 2 LPs 1972, White Label Promo Copy US $21.95 Buy It Now 1h 57m
BING CROSBY MATTY MALNECK ORCH DECCA DEEP PURPLE/ STAR DUST E+ US $6.00 [0 bids]
Mk III: The Final Concerts by Deep Purple (CD, Aug-2011, 2 Discs, Eagle Rock... US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
DEEP PURPLE perfect stranger LP Record 1984 VG US $24.98 Buy It Now 2h 10m
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD, Made in Poland, record in excellent condition. US $7.99 [0 bids]
Deepest Purple: The Very Best of Deep Purple by Deep Purple (CD, Jan-1989,... US $5.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Japan 400 yen Mark ORIGINAL NM 7"45 BLACK NIGHT US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
DEEP PURPLE Japan 1974 NM 7"45 BURN US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Shades of Deep Purple by Deep Purple (CD, 2000, Eagle) US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
DEEP PURPLE Japan 1975 NM 7"45 YOU KEEP ON MOVING US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Vintage Records: Rock/Pop Deep Purple - Machine Head US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Live at Montreaux Audio Collection 2 CD Deep Purple Yes James Brown Dr. John New US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Deep Purple Rare Classics Holland Import Last Concert in Japan & Made In Europe US $8.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Lady double dealer Japan US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Friends & Relatives by Deep Purple/2 cd new/Dio/Rainbow/Black Sabbath/Trapeze US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Billy Ward: Deep Purple / Do It Again 7" 45 VG+ Canada US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Deep Purple Moscow 2012 (2 CDS) RARE US $22.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Strange kind of woman Promo Blue Japan US $169.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
LP-NAZARETH/RAMPANT/w/GLOVER,LORD(DEEP PURPLE)/74,A&M/VG+ US $3.49 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "MACHINE HEAD" SACD-DSD RHINO 2002 MUTI-CHANNEL-MINT US $34.99 [0 bids]
Vintage Warner Deep Purple Promotion 45 'Never Before' 'When a Blind Man Cries' US $3.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - MK III FINAL CONCERTS -US Burn You Fool No One Mistreated 2 CD US $11.99 [0 bids]
INSTRUMENTAL 45 RPM - EARL BOSTIC - KING 4674 - "DEEP PURPLE" + "SMOKE RINGS" US $7.50 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Deep Purple MADE IN JAPAN 2WS-2701 Fair to Good Condition LP 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Deep Purple-Progression [Australian Import] CD Excellent US $11.89 Buy It Now 3h 30m
DEEP PURPLE MUSIC ALBUM , WHEN WE ROCK W/ COVER 1978 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Nazareth - Malice in Wonderland / 1980 A&M NICE 12" LP, Deep Purple, Hard Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
RAINBOW - ON STAGE 2 X LP EXCELLENT DIO DEEP PURPLE US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 48m
CD Deep Purple "The Best of Deep Purple" classic rock 1987 US $0.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE PERFECT STRANGERS RECORD ALBUM MERCURY 1984 JON LORD 11/13 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Deep Purple "Made in Japan" 8 track FREE SHIPPING US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
DEEP PURPLE In Rock 1970 LP German press Harvest Heavy Rock US $24.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Come Taste the Band LP Tommy Bolin PROMO 12" 1975 US $32.95 Buy It Now 3h 57m
DEEP PURPLE In Live Concert Royal Albert Hall/Harvest LP Import Germany 12" Rock US $23.45 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Smoke on the Water: The Best Of by Deep Purple (CD, Apr-2001, Flashback Records) US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 10m
David Coverdale, LP "White Snake", debut, Canada import, orig press, Deep Purple US $11.99 [0 bids]
David Coverdale, LP "Northwinds", UK Import, orig press, Whitesnake, Deep Purple US $11.25 [0 bids]
David Coverdale's WHITESNAKE, "Snakebite" LP, 1st US press, Deep Purple, NM/EX US $8.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Perfect Stranger - 12" Promo Single - LP Vinyl Record - VF US $11.65 Buy It Now 4h 19m
WHITESNAKE, PROMO orig LP, "Live...In The Heart Of The City" 1980, Deep Purple US $8.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE the early years JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
DEEP PURPLE 'Made In Japan' 2CD US $16.74 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Gillan, "Nightmare", Ian Gillan, UK, 45rpm, 7inch single, Deep Purple US $3.99 [0 bids]
Captain Beyond Self-Titled 3D Cover Ex Deep Purple Hard Rock 1972 US $35.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD SQ LP RECORD 12" GATEFOLD QUAD w/INNER US $37.29 Buy It Now 4h 36m
DEEP PURPLE 'Who Do We Think We Are' CD US $18.60 Buy It Now 4h 39m
DEEP PURPLE 'Come Taste The Band' CD US $15.81 Buy It Now 4h 49m
DEEP PURPLE 'Burn' CD 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION US $37.26 Buy It Now 4h 55m
OG WLP Rock LP : Deep Purple ~ Burn ~ Purple W 2766 Promo ~ 1974 US $25.00 [0 bids]
78RPM Jamboree 903 Don Byas, Deep Purple / Them There Eyes strong V US $16.95 Buy It Now 5h 7m
DEEP PURPLE 1973 Made In Japan 12" Vinyl 33 LP Live HARD ROCK Plays Great VG US $24.99 [0 bids]
Made in Japan by Deep Purple (Rock) (CD, Sep-1988, Deep Purple (Rock)) US $6.95 Buy It Now 5h 12m
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD P-10130W 1970s Warner Pioneer JAPAN 33 RPM LP F/S Rock US $24.99 [0 bids]
NM In Shrink Psych LP : Shades Of Deep Purple ~ Tetragrammaton T 102 US $60.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple "Book Of Taliesyn" Tetragrammaton Records-Sealed With Sticker-Psych US $75.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
NINO TEMPO & APRIL STEVENS-DEEP PURPLE VG US $2.00 Buy It Now 6h 11m
DEEP PURPLE IN CONCERT LIVE IN LONDON NEW LIVE & RARE JAPAN 4 CD BOXSET 6000yen US $259.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
DEEP PURPLE-PURPENDICULAR CD FACTORY SEALED STEVE MORSE IAN GILLAN JON LORD US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 30m
DEEP PURPLE gemini suite live JAPAN MINI LP CD RITCHIE BLACKMORE ROGER GLOVER US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
deep purple - extended versions - bmg 56192 cd new/ss ref# 2426 US $5.99 [0 bids]
24K Gold CD Who Do We Think We Are by Deep Purple 2005, Audio Fidelity Sealed US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
2005 Legends Deep Purple CD Philippines sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Deep Purple Nobody's Perfect 1988 Exc.Con. (2) LPS.LP Album Vinyl (234) LIKE NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Deep Purple 1974 Japan Laser Disc Sealed ! Whitesnake US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
deep purple - very best of - warner 2 79799 - cd new/ss - ref# 4281 US $12.99 [0 bids]
"Perfect Strangers" Deep Purple - Polygram Made in West Germany US $0.59 [2 bids]
Whitesnake DAVID COVERDALE Love is EUROPE PROMO CD single USA Seller DEEP PURPLE US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Deep Purple Come Hell Japan Laser Disc Sealed w Sticker US $69.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m
DEEP PURPLE UNIVERSAL MASTERS COLLECTION UKRAINIAN SPECIAL EDITION SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
DEEP PURPLE - Knocking At Your Back Door / Wasted Sunsets -1984 Vinyl 45' Pic. US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 40m
THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE MUSIC CD COMPACT DISC NO SCRATCHES ON CD PLAYS WELL US $1.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple CD. Made In Japan. US $4.99 [0 bids]
Julian Yeo - Deep Purple Dreams US $4.00 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Deep Purple - Sarah Vaughan 45 RPM Extended Play record 1951 Nice Cover! SEE! US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
HUGHES - THRALL LP JAPAN PRESS OBI STRIP DEEP PURPLE US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 45m
TOTO - IV LP IN SHRINK JAPAN PRESS OBI STRIP DEEP PURPLE US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 49m
* DEEP PURPLE THE BOOK OF TALIESYN / JAPAN MINI LP CD K2HD US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h
DEEP PURPLE POWERHOUSE RECORD 12" LP US $19.57 Buy It Now 9h 7m
The Ian Gillan Band - Anthology CD + DVD (2009) (Deep Purple) US $14.35 Buy It Now 9h 8m
Blackmore's Night Dancer and the Moon (Deluxe Edition) CD+ DVD DEEP PURPLE US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball / LED ZEPPELIN Polish flexi disc US $9.49 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE SLAVES AND MASTERS Cd US $13.89 Buy It Now 9h 49m
Deep Purple - Nobody's Perfect Vol. 1 and 2 / Cassete Polish Press US $5.90 Buy It Now 10h 27m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The Purple released this anniversary compilation for their thrity years of existence. In terms of tracklist, it is OK. As far as the versions are concerned, I am totally knocked out !

Most of the tracks are edited. The worse of course is reached with "Woman From Tokyo" and more than all with "Child In Time". This one is reduced to a mere four minutes fifteen seconds. It is faded out during Ritchie guitar solo !

What's this crap ?

Same treatment for "Never Before", "Burn", "You Keep On Moving" and "Perfect Strangers".

If you are new to the Purple, you have to avoid this one BY ALL MEANS. Get "The Deepest Purple" instead.

Two stars.

I guess that we'll soon (next year) get a compilation for their fortieth anniversary. I would like it to be as follows (only studio tracks, no editing).

Mark I : Hush, Help, Hey Joe, Shield, River Deep Mountain High, Lalena and April.

Mark II : Black Night (long version), Speed King, Child In Time, Flight Of The Rat, Hard Lovin' Man (finally), Fireball, Demon's Eye, The Mule, Fools, Highway Star, Pictures Of Home, Smoke On The Water, Lazy, When A Blind Man Cries, Woman from Tokyo and Super Trouper.

Mark III : Burn, Lay Down Stay Down, Mistreated, Stormbringer, Lady Double Dealer

Mark IV : Comin' Home, You Keep On Moving

Mark II B : Mean Streak, Perfect Strangers, A Gypsy's Kiss and The Spanish Archer

Mark V : none

Mark VI : Anya, A Twist In The Tale

Mark VII : Loosen My Strings, Hey Cisco

Mark VIII : Girls Like That, Rapture Of The deep

Guess what ? There are exactly forty numbers in my list (perfect for forty years, right?). All of this will fit on a three CD boxset probably called : "40: The Very Best Of". My rating of this unlikely compilation would be five stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107470) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 14, 2007

Review by Gatot
1 stars When I started to recollect all Deep Purple albums in the format of CDs, because previously I only got in cassette format, I tried to purchase this compilation. For me, it's better I owned this compilation first before I could afford to buy each individual album in CD format. When I looked at the set list, it covered everything from start of their career until Abandon album. So I purchased the CD and hoped that I can enjoy Deep Purple musical journey from start to end (it was end of 1999, I think). When I got home, and played the CD, I was totally DISAPPOINTED knowing the fact that Child In Time was FORCED to end before it reaches the original completion. I was really angri because there was no duration on track listing at the CD. So I phoned the local CD store right away and asking them for CD return because I do NOT like any idea that cut the song from its original duration, NO WAY! I fought really hard with the CD store and finally I got the deal that I could return the CD to the store! Yeah man, as a rocker we have to fight to the bone if any music creation is being killed by the label!!! I hate the label who produced this compilation. That's the main reason I put this CD as POOR because it has killed the original music creation - even though I knew that was under permission of the band. But I do not care. This is just released for commercial benefit of the label and I do not want to give a piece or penny to the label who has done such unprofessional thing. So, I do not recommend you to buy this collection.

Oh yes, there are excellent songs of Deep Purple contained here. But what for?

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157237) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 31, 2007

Review by Chris S
2 stars A pretty decent array of songs make up this compilation of Deep Purple sounds. With the exception of the hatchet job on ' Child In Time' you have most of DP's favoured tunes. ' Black Night' and the psychedlic ' Speed King off In Rock,the excellent ' Strange Kinda Woman, Coverdale's voice on the Burn album, arguably one of the strongest vocalists ever. If you are looking for a wider variety of Deep Purple music without investing in studio albums I would still guard against this acquisition as it does not necessarily effectively cover their 'best of' library properly. Look around some more for The Platinum Ultimate Collection as this has a better mix and would perhaps suit better.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#180672) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars 30 years in the making this compilation among over 50 other compilations of proto metal kings Deep Purple is actually one of the better ones. It jams in just over 77 minutes of solid gold Purple and in essence does not miss too much that makes this band great. All of the classics are here, namely Hush, Black Night, Speed King, Child In Time (edited), Strange Kind Of Woman, Fireball, Smoke On The Water, Highway Star, and Perfect Strangers. They don't include Knocking at Your Back Door though and why they had to edit Child In Time is beyond reason.

There are some odd choices here though that makes this quite a curio such as When A Blind Man Cries, Never Before, You Keep On Moving, Ted The Mechanic and Any Fule Kno That. These choices make this a lot different than other compilations previously. I like the fact they cram in 30 tracks to celebrate 30 years and of course you can't go wrong with this type of classic proto metal. An excellent compilation for those who can't be bothered collecting the albums, which are far superior. It is ideal for those who have not heard a lot from the band as it contains just about their best material.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#803698) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 12, 2012

2 stars This in't the worst introduction to Deep Purple one could think of, as it covers the bands moregeneric songs across different periods of their history. It's just so... watered down. The chaotic intro of 'Speed King' , for example is missing, and 'Child in Time' is shortened down to a four minute ... (read more)

Report this review (#165081) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A standard best-of album. I found nothing special in this album. And it's contain a single-edited version of "Child in Time", what a poor stuff! I told you once again, nothing special in this album. This album is made for the very very common (or maybe posers) listeners. But, this album some ... (read more)

Report this review (#145677) | Posted by progeater | Thursday, October 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Surfing in Prog Archives I realised this album had no reviews so, why not review it? This is an excellent Deep Purple compilation, going with most known classics as "Smoke on the water", "Highway star", "Black night", "Speed king", "Child in time" and so many others... I bought this when I decide ... (read more)

Report this review (#72257) | Posted by Barla | Saturday, March 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "30: Very Best Of"