30: VERY BEST OF

1. Hush (4:29)
2. Black Night (3:29)
3. Speed King (4:28)
4. Child In Time (4:15)
5. Strange Kind Of Woman (3:54)
6. Fireball (3:26)
7. Demon's Eye (5:23)
8. Smoke On The Water (5:43)
9. Highway Star (6:33)
10. When A Blind Man Cries (3:32)
11. Never Before (3:30)
12. Woman From Tokyo (2:48)
13. Burn (4:33)
14. Stormbringer (4:08)
15. You Keep On Moving (4:30)
16. Perfect Strangers (4:16)
17. Ted The Mechanic (4:19)
18. Any Fule Kno That (4:28)

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of lyrics

Search DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of tabs

- Rod Evans / vocals
- Ian Gillan / vocals (1969-1973, 1984-)
- David Coverdale / vocals (1973-1976)
- Ritchie Blackmore / guitars (1968-1974, 1984-1993)
- Tommy Bolin / guitars (1974-1976)
- Steve Morse / guitars (1993-)
- Nicky Simper / bass (1968-1969)
- Roger Glover / bass (1969-1973, 1984-)
- Glenn Hughes / bass, vocals (1973-1976)
- Jon Lord / keyboards (1968-)
- Ian Paice / drums (1968-)

CD EMI 4968072 (1998)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of Music

Warner Bros / Wea 1990
Perfect StrangersPerfect Strangers
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mercury 1999
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Rhino Flashback 2008
Graz 1975Graz 1975
Eagle Records 2014
Rock DEEP PURPLE Perfect Strangers NM 824003 EB859 US $10.99 Buy It Now 32m 56s
Nino Tempo April Stevens 45 Deep Purple / Sweet and Lovely record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 35m 2s
Deep Purple - Book of Taliesyn 1968 Tetragrammaton 1st Ed LP Blackmore, Lord ex- US $19.99 Buy It Now 37m 41s
DEEP PURPLE KNOCKING AT YOUR BACK DOOR THE BEST JAPAN CD POCP-1149 W/STICKER US $24.99 Buy It Now 44m 53s
DEEP PURPLE NOBODY'S PERFECT (1988) JAPAN CD P32P20182 US $22.99 Buy It Now 45m 3s
DEEP PURPLE PURPLE PASSAGES (1972) JAPAN CD WPCP-5696 US $34.99 Buy It Now 45m 21s
GILLAN & GLOVER ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE (1988) JAPAN CD IAN ROGER DEEP PURPLE US $19.99 Buy It Now 49m 42s
JON LORD GEMINI SUITE (1971) WEST GERMANY CD DEEP PURPLE US $19.99 Buy It Now 53m 13s
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL/IN ROCK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $23.96 Buy It Now 56m 31s
1983 CLASSIC HARD ROCK Deep Purple In Rock LP % US $1.29 [0 bids]
59m 2s
DEEP PURPLE_Who Do We Think We Are!_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA US $10.73 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The House of Blue Light /Deep Purple US $10.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple / Machine Head ( Vinyl, Warner Bros. 1972 BS 2607 S 40126 VG+ US $10.00 [0 bids]
1969 HARVEST Deep Purple LP Gatefold Made In GREECE BOSCH Cover Guy Evans CLEAN US $29.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Deep Purple : Friends and Relatives (2CDs) (2002) US $5.20 Buy It Now 1h 16m
DEEP PURPLE/ TOTAL ABANDON - 2 VCD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
DEEP PURPLE S/T 3RD LP HARVEST SWEDEN NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Smoke on the Water: The Best Of by Deep Purple (CD, Apr-2001, Flashback Records) US $5.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - 1970 - "Concerto For Group and Orchestra" US $5.79 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2011 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $24.70 Buy It Now 2h 16m
DEEP PURPLE The House Of The Blue Light VERY GOOD PLUS ORIG 1987 MERCURY LP US $3.96 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Who Do We Think We Are Record LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DooWop 45RPM - Billy Ward & Dominoes - Deep Purple US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT MELODIYA WHITE LABEL US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Deep Purple Made Europe Japan Promo Vinyl LP Whitesnake US $89.99 Buy It Now 3h
1976 - DEEP PURPLE - Made In Europe - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.66 Buy It Now 3h 9m
DEEP PURPLE - ICON NEW CD US $12.24 Buy It Now 3h 35m
ROGER GLOVER "Love is all" RARE ITALIAN HOLECOVER 7"PROMO for JB - DEEP PURPLE US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Aldo Nova on Kerrang No: 17 Magazine Cover 1982 Deep Purple Heart Queen US $16.29 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Alex Lifeson of Rush on Kerrang No: 158 Cover 1987 Deep Purple Marillion US $12.23 Buy It Now 3h 47m
DEEP PURPLE - THE SINGLES - BULGARIA LP US $25.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL - INDIA LP US $25.00 [0 bids]
Coverdale Page CD Shake My Tree Pride & Joy Led Zeppelin Deep Purple Whitesnake US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Deep Purple Never before Japan US $58.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
DEEP PURPLE - VERY BEST OF NEW CD US $25.05 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Deep Purple/Who Do We Think We Are/WB records BS 2678/woman from tokyo LP/VG+ US $10.36 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Deep Purple/Who Do We Think We Are? 1974 vinyl gatefold LP lot/Woman from Tokyo US $14.85 Buy It Now 4h 27m
DEEP PURPLE -Golden Hit KOREA Only LP Blue cvr US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Rainbow Rising Japan Promo only Red Flexi Deep Purple Blackmore Ronnie James Dio US $74.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD EXCEPTIONAL 1973 WARNER BROS REISSUE G/F LP AWESOME! US $7.96 [0 bids]
5h
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball - GATEFOLD VINYL LP GERMAN PRESS US $18.25 Buy It Now 5h
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD JAPAN US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
[LP] Deep Purple,Malcolm Arnold Concerto For Group And Orchestra (Harvest) {NM} US $23.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
[LP] Deep Purple,Same (Harvest) {NM} US $19.19 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Deep Purple Guitar Backing Tracks - 14 Classic Rock Jam Trax US $6.51 Buy It Now 5h 19m
DEEP PURPLE~BLACK NIGHT.Vinyl.7" 45RPM.HARVEST.EX/EX US $11.40 Buy It Now 5h 30m
DEEP PURPLE Come Taste The Band 35th Anniversary 180g Double LP Factory Sealed ! US $58.90 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Deep Purple Purpendicular CD Japan Obi W/1 Bonus Track BVCP-913 US $16.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Deep Purple / Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, The Conducted By Malcolm Arnold US $17.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
JON LORD Windows UK Original LP Purple Label 1974 Deep Purple A2/B2 Clean Copy ! US $59.95 Buy It Now 5h 49m
DEEP PURPLE - PERFECT STRANGERS NEW CD US $8.92 Buy It Now 5h 56m
DEEP PURPLE In Rock Japan Obi MINT!!!! Earlier P-8020W!!! RARE US $40.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Copenhagen 1972 CD US $18.89 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Deep Purple - In Concert 70 - 72 double cd Rainbow Gillan US $8.16 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - SELF TITLED NEW LP SEALED US $29.28 Buy It Now 6h 34m
NEW - Icon: Deep Purple by Deep Purple US $2.85 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Glenn Hughes - Soul Mover (2005)deep purple US $4.88 [1 bids]
Glenn Hughes - Music for the Divine (2006 deep purple US $4.88 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Machine Head Japan Obi MINT!!!! Earlier P-8224W!!! RARE US $40.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple on Kerrang No: 137 Cover 1987 US $12.23 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Deep Purple on Kerrang No: 81 Cover 1984 US $12.23 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Deep Purple, Fireball 1971 vinyl LP. US $32.62 Buy It Now 7h 2m
DEEP PURPLE - COPENHAGEN 1972 NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 7h 8m
ERROL GARNER DEEP PURPLE + 3 SWEDEN EP PS 1950s US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
DEEP PURPLE - NOW WHAT ?! (IMPORT) NEW CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 7h 16m
THE BEST OF DEEP PURPLE THE SCEPTER CITATION SERIES LP 514 US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
[LP] Deep Purple,Collection (Harvest) {NM} US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Deep Purple,Smoke On The Water,Russian Pressing,LP US $10.59 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Deep Purple - In Rock - UK Gatefold early issue with A2 / B1 Matrix numbers US $21.20 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers NEW CD US $8.01 Buy It Now 7h 31m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN LONDON 1974 [DIGITAL] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.48 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Funky Junction,A Tribute To Deep Purple,Phil Lynott,,LP US $31.79 Buy It Now 7h 44m
PAULA LAMMERS - DEEP PURPLE DREAMS NEW CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 7h 45m
DEEP PURPLE - THE GEMINI SUITE - LIVE 1970 (RPM114) jon lord ritchie blackmore US $5.22 [2 bids]
Deep Purple,Last Concert In Japan,Japanese press,Intact Obi and lyric insert,LP US $31.79 Buy It Now 7h 49m
[LP] Rockspeed,Deep Purple Canned Heat Elo O.a. (Rockspeed) {NM} US $15.59 Buy It Now 7h 52m
DEEP PURPLE THE VERY BEST LP MADE IN BRAZIL ORIGINAL PRESSING 1985 RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
IAN GILLAN NAKED THUNDER LP PROMO BRAZIL 1st PRES 1990 DEEP PURPLE BLACK SABBATH US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD LP MADE BRAZIL 3rdPRES 1985 GATEFOLD WHITESNAKE MANOWAR US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Deep Purple - In Rock (Anniversary Edition) 20 tracks SEALED US $9.77 Buy It Now 8h 24m
DEEP PURPLE - MK3 THE FINAL CONCERTS (IMPORT) (24 BIT) NEW CD US $63.90 Buy It Now 8h 25m
DEEP PURPLE..HUSH.FAIR COPY OF "RARE"1968 PARLOPHONE PROG./HARD ROCK 7" R 5708 US $21.19 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Deep Purple,Powerhouse,First pressing. Matrix numbers ending A-1 US $14.66 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Deep Purple - Shades 1968-98 [CD New] US $55.09 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Deep Purple lp US $65.24 Buy It Now 8h 31m
[LP] Deep Purple,Powerhouse (Purple) {EX+} Ger 1977 US $14.39 Buy It Now 8h 40m
[LP] Deep Purple,Same (Harvest) Ger 1976 US $21.59 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Deep Purple - and Friends (2 x CD Dio, Gillan, Warhorse, etc.) US $2.43 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Deep Purple,Burn,First pressing with matrix numbers ending A-1U US $48.92 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Deep Purple,Who Do We Think We Are!,American first pressing,LP US $32.61 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Deep Purple,Made In Japan,First press,A-1U & B-1U, A-1U & B-1U,Double album,LP US $48.92 Buy It Now 9h
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL ORIGINAL LP SEALED! US $11.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE,FIRE,ICE AND DYNAMITE,KOREAN PRESSING,RARE/SALE CD ALBUM US $1.70 [2 bids]
NINO TEMPO & APRIL STEVENS:DEEP PURPLE/I'VE BEEN CARRYING A TORCH. LONDON.EXCELL US $4.88 [0 bids]
Diana Magazine No. 492 22 July 1972 Deep Purple Marc Bolan Engelbert Humperdinck US $48.93 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Deep Purple - Under the Gun (2000) US $4.88 Buy It Now 9h 32m
DEEP PURPLE - LEGENDS [DEEP PURPLE] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $4.70 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Deep Purple Album 1996 Magazine Advert #1072 US $8.14 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Deep Purple BURN Remastered 5 Bonus Tracks 2005 Warner Bros Coverdale,Blackmore US $1.00 [0 bids]
Collection by Deep Purple (CD, Feb-2006, BMG (distributor)) US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 51m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

DEEP PURPLE 30: Very Best Of reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The Purple released this anniversary compilation for their thrity years of existence. In terms of tracklist, it is OK. As far as the versions are concerned, I am totally knocked out !

Most of the tracks are edited. The worse of course is reached with "Woman From Tokyo" and more than all with "Child In Time". This one is reduced to a mere four minutes fifteen seconds. It is faded out during Ritchie guitar solo !

What's this crap ?

Same treatment for "Never Before", "Burn", "You Keep On Moving" and "Perfect Strangers".

If you are new to the Purple, you have to avoid this one BY ALL MEANS. Get "The Deepest Purple" instead.

Two stars.

I guess that we'll soon (next year) get a compilation for their fortieth anniversary. I would like it to be as follows (only studio tracks, no editing).

Mark I : Hush, Help, Hey Joe, Shield, River Deep Mountain High, Lalena and April.

Mark II : Black Night (long version), Speed King, Child In Time, Flight Of The Rat, Hard Lovin' Man (finally), Fireball, Demon's Eye, The Mule, Fools, Highway Star, Pictures Of Home, Smoke On The Water, Lazy, When A Blind Man Cries, Woman from Tokyo and Super Trouper.

Mark III : Burn, Lay Down Stay Down, Mistreated, Stormbringer, Lady Double Dealer

Mark IV : Comin' Home, You Keep On Moving

Mark II B : Mean Streak, Perfect Strangers, A Gypsy's Kiss and The Spanish Archer

Mark V : none

Mark VI : Anya, A Twist In The Tale

Mark VII : Loosen My Strings, Hey Cisco

Mark VIII : Girls Like That, Rapture Of The deep

Guess what ? There are exactly forty numbers in my list (perfect for forty years, right?). All of this will fit on a three CD boxset probably called : "40: The Very Best Of". My rating of this unlikely compilation would be five stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107470) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 14, 2007

Review by Gatot
1 stars When I started to recollect all Deep Purple albums in the format of CDs, because previously I only got in cassette format, I tried to purchase this compilation. For me, it's better I owned this compilation first before I could afford to buy each individual album in CD format. When I looked at the set list, it covered everything from start of their career until Abandon album. So I purchased the CD and hoped that I can enjoy Deep Purple musical journey from start to end (it was end of 1999, I think). When I got home, and played the CD, I was totally DISAPPOINTED knowing the fact that Child In Time was FORCED to end before it reaches the original completion. I was really angri because there was no duration on track listing at the CD. So I phoned the local CD store right away and asking them for CD return because I do NOT like any idea that cut the song from its original duration, NO WAY! I fought really hard with the CD store and finally I got the deal that I could return the CD to the store! Yeah man, as a rocker we have to fight to the bone if any music creation is being killed by the label!!! I hate the label who produced this compilation. That's the main reason I put this CD as POOR because it has killed the original music creation - even though I knew that was under permission of the band. But I do not care. This is just released for commercial benefit of the label and I do not want to give a piece or penny to the label who has done such unprofessional thing. So, I do not recommend you to buy this collection.

Oh yes, there are excellent songs of Deep Purple contained here. But what for?

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157237) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 31, 2007

Review by Chris S
2 stars A pretty decent array of songs make up this compilation of Deep Purple sounds. With the exception of the hatchet job on ' Child In Time' you have most of DP's favoured tunes. ' Black Night' and the psychedlic ' Speed King off In Rock,the excellent ' Strange Kinda Woman, Coverdale's voice on the Burn album, arguably one of the strongest vocalists ever. If you are looking for a wider variety of Deep Purple music without investing in studio albums I would still guard against this acquisition as it does not necessarily effectively cover their 'best of' library properly. Look around some more for The Platinum Ultimate Collection as this has a better mix and would perhaps suit better.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#180672) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars 30 years in the making this compilation among over 50 other compilations of proto metal kings Deep Purple is actually one of the better ones. It jams in just over 77 minutes of solid gold Purple and in essence does not miss too much that makes this band great. All of the classics are here, namely Hush, Black Night, Speed King, Child In Time (edited), Strange Kind Of Woman, Fireball, Smoke On The Water, Highway Star, and Perfect Strangers. They don't include Knocking at Your Back Door though and why they had to edit Child In Time is beyond reason.

There are some odd choices here though that makes this quite a curio such as When A Blind Man Cries, Never Before, You Keep On Moving, Ted The Mechanic and Any Fule Kno That. These choices make this a lot different than other compilations previously. I like the fact they cram in 30 tracks to celebrate 30 years and of course you can't go wrong with this type of classic proto metal. An excellent compilation for those who can't be bothered collecting the albums, which are far superior. It is ideal for those who have not heard a lot from the band as it contains just about their best material.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#803698) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 12, 2012

2 stars This in't the worst introduction to Deep Purple one could think of, as it covers the bands moregeneric songs across different periods of their history. It's just so... watered down. The chaotic intro of 'Speed King' , for example is missing, and 'Child in Time' is shortened down to a four minute ... (read more)

Report this review (#165081) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A standard best-of album. I found nothing special in this album. And it's contain a single-edited version of "Child in Time", what a poor stuff! I told you once again, nothing special in this album. This album is made for the very very common (or maybe posers) listeners. But, this album some ... (read more)

Report this review (#145677) | Posted by progeater | Thursday, October 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Surfing in Prog Archives I realised this album had no reviews so, why not review it? This is an excellent Deep Purple compilation, going with most known classics as "Smoke on the water", "Highway star", "Black night", "Speed king", "Child in time" and so many others... I bought this when I decide ... (read more)

Report this review (#72257) | Posted by Barla | Saturday, March 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "30: Very Best Of"