THE STORY SO FAR...

1. Which Wood?
2. Out Of The Inn

Extra features:
Band Rehersals, Photo gallery

Total Time: 120 min. approx.

Search MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far... lyrics

Guests:
- Rachel Jones (Karnataka) / backing vocals
- Mark Atkinson / backing vocals
- Gina Dootson / backing vocals

VHS Classic Rock Legends Ltd (2001)
DVD Classic Rock Legends Ltd, CRL0834 (2001)

DVD Sound options: Stereo

Thanks to Eugene Salamati for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

MOSTLY AUTUMN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far... Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Dressed in VoicesDressed in Voices
Music Inspired by The Lord of the RingsMusic Inspired by The Lord of the Rings
Classic Rock Legends 2001
Glass ShadowsGlass Shadows
Autumn 2008

More places to buy MOSTLY AUTUMN music online Buy MOSTLY AUTUMN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MOSTLY AUTUMN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far... ratings distribution

MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far... reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars Love at first sight

It's only a chance I've met this band. I'm a Uriah Heep fan and, because Heep were signed then on the same label, Classic Rock Legends, I received a newsletter promoting MOSTLY AUTUMN. Record label announced MA as a ''band which rock fans have waited for 20 years''. Visited the band's website I was quite intrigued: 7-piece band, long hair, they looked good. After some hesitations I decided to order ''The Story So Far...'' DVD.

Watching this DVD for the first time I already knew: I love this band. Being the 70's sound fan, I could not believe that new band can be so good, but MOSTLY AUTUMN are really good! Rich, powerful and, despite obvious FLOYD influences definitely their own sound, charismatic leaders, memorable songs, folk touches, good lyrics - this cocnert easily converted me to MA fan. It was a discovery!

I like a lot hypnotic Bryan's solos and even his singing, Iain Jennings' keyboard work, light colors added to the music by Angela's flute and vocals and, last but not least, Heather's stage presence and heartfelt voice (in those days she did not try to shout like on disapponting ''Storms Over Still Water'' album). In my opinion combination of male and female vocals works perfectly for MOSTLY AUTUMN and is one of their trademarks. I can't agree with those who tell that Heather Findlay should sing all songs, it will be only boring. But with two lead singers songs are varied and emotional.

Studio albums were bought soon and I can say the band chose really best tracks for their first live record. Beautifully composed ''Evergreen'', ''The Night Sky'', ''Shrinking Violet'', rocking ''Never the Rainbow'' and grandiose ''Mother Nature'' are still my favourite MA songs.

MOSTLY AUTUMN released lots of live DVDs, but none of them can beat for me ''The Story So Far...'' - the concert enthusiastically played by one of the best new bands. Back then, in 2001, I'd gave this DVD full 5 stars. Now, trying to be objective, I think 4 stars is a fair rating. Highly recommended.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#197925) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 08, 2009

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars The only things that creates a gap from this DVD and a masterpiece is some childish video shooting around a big oak and for me the absence of the track which has conquered me to Mostly Autumn that's "The Gap Is Too Wide.

It's very interesting, instead, how the director alternates shootings taken from a live performance and from the rehearsals, those seconds in b/w. It's a good idea even if only at images level.

The interviews are not too invasive respect to the very good music and somewhat interesting and last but not least, the songs come from the first three studio albums (their bests IMO) and are performed by their best lineup (again, my opinion).

Let me add that I have realized how good "Evergreen" is after watching the DVD where it's excellently performed.

For fans of MA and Prog folk in general but also for who likes the Gilmour's kind of guitar.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#508110) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 24, 2011

3 stars This fine dvd collection from the first period of Mostly is, in my opinion, neither very good nor bad. Musically it offers a very attractive outtake of their first three studio albums. The performances are quite good, albeit that the guys in the band will never be able to attract to many peopl ... (read more)

Report this review (#73832) | Posted by Theo Verstrael | Sunday, April 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MOSTLY AUTUMN "The Story So Far..."