HEARTWARE

- Jan Akkerman / Guitars, Bass, Synths, MIDI interfaces including Roland
- Ton Dijkman / Drums
- Michael Peet / Bass

Thanks to Certif1ed for the addition

JAN AKKERMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JAN AKKERMAN Heartware Music

HeartwareHeartware
Extra tracks
Griffin Music/Gopaco 1998

More places to buy JAN AKKERMAN music online Buy JAN AKKERMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JAN AKKERMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JAN AKKERMAN Heartware ratings distribution

JAN AKKERMAN Heartware reviews

Review by hdfisch
1 stars I guess my co-reviewer mixed this album up with its follow-up since the track "Prima Donna" he mentioned is on that one and not here. This one here in fact is like most of Akkerman's later releases absolutely unrelevant for Prog. It's rather quite boring jazz fusion typical for 80's and to call it Muzak wouldn't be a description too far off. Don't get me wrong, not that Jan Akkerman wouldn't present some excellent guitar work (acoustic and electric) here but these compositions aren't anything beyond nice easy-listening music. Thus to be rated "only for completionists" = 1 star!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#104550) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

2 stars There's a limited edition of the album which features the song Prima Donna. It was sold during the 1988 German-tour and has a limit of only 1000 copies. I don't own that special version, but it exists. No record company was willing to release Heartware, so he had to release it by himself. The alb ... (read more)

Report this review (#295283) | Posted by Rolf Bos | Thursday, August 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I don't know why this hasn't been rated before, maybe because no ones heard it, I certainly hadn't until recently (2006). I'd heard some of his solo stuff before, notably Profile and must admit I found it a bit take it or leave it. Not so with this album all I can say is that it's absolutely supe ... (read more)

Report this review (#72490) | Posted by | Tuesday, March 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JAN AKKERMAN "Heartware"