SMPTE (THE ROINE STOLT MIXES)

Transatlantic

Transatlantic SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) album cover

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. All of the Above (30:59)
I) full moon rising
II) october winds
III) camouflaged in blue
IV) half alive
V) undying love
VI) full moon rising (reprise)
2. We all need some Light (5:45)
3. Mystery Train (6:52)
4. My New World (16:16)
5. In held (twas) in I (17:21)

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) lyrics

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) tabs

- Neil Morse / vocals, keyboards, acoustic & electric guitars
- Mike Portnoy / drums, back vocals
- Roine Stolt / vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, mellotron, percussion
- Pete Trewavas / bass, bass pedals, back vocals

CD Radiant Records (2003)
Roine's mixes of Transatlantic's classic first album, 'SMPTe' (2000), are lush, rich, & full of things unheard on the original version.

Thanks to The Miracle for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TRANSATLANTIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) Music

Box set
Metal Blade 2011
Live in EuropeLive in Europe
Metal Blade 2003
TRANSATLANTIC RAILROAD Irahs/Why Me RARE WEST COAST PSYCH POP 45 Phoenix HEAR US $7.99 [0 bids]
BERT JANSCH Nicola ORIGINAL UK TRANSATLANTIC PSYCH FOLK LP PENTANGLE Anne Briggs US $30.84 [0 bids]
Alison Krauss - Transatlantic Sessions (Series 5, Vol. 1/Live Recording, 2011) US $21.32 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Aly Bain - Transatlantic Sessions 6, Vol. 1 (Live Recording, 2013) US $21.32 Buy It Now 5h
Listen Here (A Transatlantic Sampler) , Various, Good Vinyl US $11.26 Buy It Now 8h 33m
PENTANGLE ANTHOLOGY TRANSATLANTIC RARE FOLK LP 1978 MTRA 2013 N/M VINYL US $16.21 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope - 2 CD NEW & SEALED 2014 US $24.33 Buy It Now 9h 8m
THE DUBLINERS:THE BEST OF THE DUBLINERS:TRANSATLANTIC 1967 VG+/VG US $22.70 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Hamish Imlach - Cod Liver Oil And Orange Juice: The Transatlantic Anthology - CM US $13.19 Buy It Now 10h 36m
JERRY DOUGLAS (DOBRO - TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 4, VOL. 2 [JERRY DOUGLAS - NEW CD US $16.02 Buy It Now 10h 56m
MIKE WESTBROOK "Love/Dream & Variations" orig UK Transatlantic LP US $69.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
RALPH MCTELL: STEETS OF LONDON: A1/B1: 1975 TRANSATLANTIC LP: TRA SAM 34: EX/ NM US $16.21 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Decameron ?- Tomorrow's Pantomime 1976 LP VG+/M Transatlantic 0064.014 US $25.00 Buy It Now 12h 51m
PENTANGLE History Book UK Transatlantic Bert Jansch US $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 49m
METRO (DUNCAN BROWNE) - SAME TITLE (TRANSATLANTIC 0064.009) GERMAN RELEASE US $12.98 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Various Artists - Brit Pack Brat Pack 16 Transatlantic Hits) (CD 1996) SEALED CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 14h 17m
RALPH McTELL Ralph McTell Revisited LP Vinyl Record Album Transatlantic 1970 US $14.59 Buy It Now 14h 26m
STRAY Saturday Morning Pictures TRANSATLANTIC UK Original LP Gatefold US $42.20 Buy It Now 15h 53m
JODY GRIND Far Canal (Transatlantic UK Original LP 1970) Psych Prog. Nice! US $62.04 [11 bids]
BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BRASS BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE - 7" VINYL 1976 TRANSATLANTIC US $4.87 Buy It Now 16h 10m
BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE - 7" VINYL 1976 TRANSATLANTIC US $10.86 Buy It Now 16h 13m
TRANSATLANTIC RPM BY INCOGNITO (CD) US $22.77 Buy It Now 16h 17m
BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BRASS BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE - 7" VINYL 1976 TRANSATLANTIC US $4.92 Buy It Now 16h 21m
STEFAN GROSSMAN Guitar Instrumentals: Memphis Jellyroll LP Transatlantic 197 US $14.59 Buy It Now 16h 37m
TransAtlantic ?- Mike's Silver Hammer Live Holland 2001 (Dream Theater) 2 CD US $24.33 [0 bids]
BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BRASS BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE - 7" VINYL 1976 TRANSATLANTIC US $4.85 Buy It Now 17h 7m
THE STORY OF TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS - CROSS STYLE MIX 42-TRK COMP SEALED 2-CD SET US $17.95 Buy It Now 17h 35m
Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias-Same-Transatlantic 316-NICE US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 41m
LISTEN HERE ~ A Transatlantic Sampler ~ VINYL LP US $11.67 Buy It Now 17h 46m
THE SALLYANGIE children of the sun 1978 UK TRANSATLANTIC STEREO LP US $32.46 Buy It Now 17h 47m
Heart Sings by Terry (Drums) Clarke (CD, May-1997, Transatlantic Records) US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Alex Campbell Sampler LP / Mono Transatlantic / SAM6 US $3.25 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Jimmy Dawkins Transatlantic 770 Orig St 1972 Rare! Unplayed! M- US $54.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
TRANSATLANTIC Kaleidoscope 3LP 2CD Box Set 1000 Copies YES ELO Colored Vinyl SS US $109.95 [0 bids]
2 by The Dubliners "More of The Hard Stuff" Transatlantic, "Best Of" Major Minor US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CONTRABAND ~ SAME EPONYMOUS DEBUT ~ UK TRANSATLANTIC LP 1974 ~ PSYCH FOLK PROG US $56.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE IAN CAMPBELL GROUP Sampler TRANSATLANTIC 1969 UK press US $16.21 Buy It Now 1 day
7" BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BRASS BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE 1976 TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS US $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
The Pentangle Basket of Light CD Transatlantic/Demon Recs US $12.17 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC Whirld Tour 2010 Triple CD NEW & SEALED US $25.89 Buy It Now 1 day
The Pentangle UK 1968 TRA 162 Transatlantic 1C RARE ULTRASONIC Cleaned US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Brighouse And Rastrick Brass Band - The Floral Dance (13654) Transatlantic US $6.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Pentangle - Cruel Sister UK Gatefold Transatlantic Label LP 1970 (1U/1U) US $29.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Fairport Convention/Dave Swarbrick UK Transatlantic LP 1976 (A1/B1) US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Ralph McTell - Revisited UK Transatlantic LP 1970 (1E/1E) US $21.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Prokofiev(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.3-Transatlantic-DO 8271-Russia-VG/Ex US $11.02 Buy It Now 1 day
John McCormack(Vinyl LP)Xtra-Transatlantic-XTRA 101-UK-Ex/NM US $15.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Rev Gary Davis(Vinyl LP)Ragtime Guitar-Transatlantic-TRA 244-UK-Ex/Ex US $32.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Idi Amin(Vinyl LP)The Collected Broadcasts Of -Transatlantic-TRS 111-UK-VG/Ex US $11.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Cartwright(Vinyl LP)A Little Bit Of Glory-Transatlantic-TRA 255-UK-VG/Ex- US $29.20 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAY-TRACKS 12" VINYL LP 1975 TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS TRA SAM 33 **RARE US $9.72 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-SMPT:E 1ST LIMITED EDITION-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BERT JANSCH Anthology Transatlantic ITALY LP US $19.97 Buy It Now 1 day
SADISTA SISTERS Transatlantic Poster size press advert 1976 Clipping/Cutting US $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RURAL BLUES ~ 2-DISC 35-TRACK XTRA TRANSATLANTIC LP BOX SET 1966 ~ TOP COPY US $154.18 Buy It Now 1 day
RANDY - LADY LUCK - TRANSATLANTIC TRA290 LP RECORD US $16.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic RPM [Digipak] * by Incognito (CD, Jul-2010, Shanachie) US $12.19 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DUFFY POWER . INNOVATIONS .1971 UK MONO LP TRANSATLANTIC TRA 229 ~ NM US $99.00 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-KALEIDOSCOPE-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD+DVD BONUS TRACK K81 US $53.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope Limited Edition (2CD+DVD) US $28.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Marcel Dadi - Dadi's Folks Transatlantic France LP 1970s US $16.21 [0 bids]
Reverend Gary Davis Children Of Zion LP Transatlantic UK 1971 + Inner US $16.21 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-THE WHIRLWIND 3RD SPECIAL EDITION-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nico Wayne Toussaint - Transatlantic: Live [CD New] US $24.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Howdi - Bad Blood / Transatlantic Circus 7" RED Vinyl - Thick rubber cover NEW US $1.61 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC - LIVE IN EUROPE [TRANSATLANTIC] [CD BOXSET] [2 - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.07 Buy It Now 1 day
PENTANGLE - BASKET OF LIGHT - TRANSATLANTIC - GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $16.23 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAY - MUDANZAS , TRANSATLANTIC 1973 , EX/EX ,LP US $14.52 [1 bids]
STRAY - MOVE IT , TRANSATLANTIC 1974 , VG++/VG++ ,LP US $14.52 [0 bids]
BERT JANSCH:THE BERT JANSCH SAMPLER:TRANSATLANTIC 1969 EX++/G++(1ST PRESSING) UK US $22.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens S/T pre Camel UK prog VinyláLP OriginaláTransatlantic TRA 243 Pete US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Boys of the Lough: III A1/B2 Transatlantic LP US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Ricahrd Digance In Concert LP A1/B1 1976 Transatlantic US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Smpte LTD 2 CD Dream Theater Marillion Spock's Beard Neal Morse IQ US $80.00 [0 bids]
Dave Swarbrick: Swarbrick 2 orig LP 1977 Transatlantic US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Swarbrick: Swarbrick orig LP 1976 Transatlantic US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Nico Wayne Toussaint - Transatlantic: Live CD US $24.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Billy Connolly - Live! (Transatlantic TRA 258) ('72) (of The Humblebums) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC-BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER 2ND-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 1 day
mr. fox lp transatlantic original tra 226 US $74.99 [0 bids]
LORRAINE job lot of 3 promo CD singles I Feel It Transatlantic Flight US $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
LORRAINE job lot of 4 promo DVD/CD singles I Feel It Transatlantic Flight Heaven US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
SON HOUSE ~ J.D. SHORT ~ DELTA BLUES ~ UK XTRA TRANSATLANTIC LP 1969 ~ TOP COPY US $154.18 Buy It Now 1 day
PENTANGLE HISTORY BOOK 1972 LP RECORD VINYL VG+ IMPORT ENGLAND TRANSATLANTIC US $4.99 [0 bids]
Pentangle Cruel Sister Transatlantic UK STereo First Press US $49.00 [0 bids]
Marillion - Incommunicado Single CD Gatefold Fish Genesis Transatlantic Asia US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic SMPT US $3.99 [0 bids]
WALTER FURRY LEWIS ~ SAME S/T ~ UK XTRA TRANSATLANTIC LP 1971 ~ TOP COPY ~ BLUES US $121.72 Buy It Now 1 day
PENTANGLE-CRUEL SISTER-TRANSATLANTIC-TRA 228-MADE IN ENGLAND-1970 US $9.00 [0 bids]
JOHN RENBOURN GROUP enchanted garden LP 8 track (tral5356) italian transatlantic US $14.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Michael Hashim CD Transatlantic Airs US $8.11 Buy It Now 2 days
LIVE IN EUROPE by TRANSATLANTIC {2003, 2CD/2DVD, INSIDEOUT MUSIC/SPV} US $24.99 [0 bids]
THE PENTANGLE LP ITALY Transatlantic 1968 Folk Bert Jansch STUNNING UNPLAYED!! US $79.99 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER 2ND LIMITED ED-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 US $46.18 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC FOLK UK 3CD BOXSET LTD EDITION US $31.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Billy Connolly(Vinyl LP)Words & Music-Transatlantic-TRA SAM32-UK-VG/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic Collective, The - Traveling Song (NEW CD) US $10.13 Buy It Now 2 days
THE JOHNSTON'S SAMPLER RARE SCOTTISH FOLK LP*NEAR MINT TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS LP* US $30.75 Buy It Now 2 days
BLUES FOR YOUR POCKET - TRANSATLANTIC COMP. LP US $9.72 [0 bids]
ROGER SANCHEZ / TRANSATLANTIC SOUL - RELEASE YO SELF - HOUSE CD SINGLE US $3.23 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online Buy TRANSATLANTIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRANSATLANTIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) reviews

Review by King of Loss
5 stars I am still surprised this album has not been reviewed or rated. Even though, this is not another studio album from TransAtlantic, this Roine Stolt version of SMPTe is loved by many. Many consider to be a lot better than the original, with the phrases sounding a bit like Bridge Across Forever mix, rather than the original mix, which actually made SMPTe sound like just another Spock's Beard. Tell you no wrong, this mix is no Spock's Beard album, it is beyond the limits of Neal Morse's journey with his old California mates.

The album kicks off with All of the Above. This song is phenomenal, featuring a 7 part, 31 minutes in length (really, its more or less 27-28 minutes because of Morse and Portnoy's conversation on the Beatles. Interesting, but not really part of the song.

The song kicks off with the instrumental beginnings of Full Moon rising. A real treat, perhaps one of the most memorable, epic beginnings in all of Prog. Amazing, just breathless.

Then comes the Morse edition to everything with October Winds, the Prog is mixed with Morse's great vocal stylings and the gentle vocal barrage comes in. Then it transitions to the awesome Camflouged in Blue, perhaps one of the most catchiest parts of this epic.

Half alive and undying love transitions very light parts along with catchy, Spock's Beard like parts mixed in with some The Flower Kings phrases. The mix really makes this part more melodic and a lot more atmospheric.

Then the song concludes with the reprise of the epic Full Moon Rising. Amazing chorus by Morse and co., the old theme is really much back together and the song of course ends with Portnoy and Morse talking about the Beatles.

One of my all-time favorite songs, if not my favorite song of all time.

We All Need some Light is perhaps my favorite ballad with Neal morse, the recording on here is memorable with the catchy phrase, We All need some Light, is sang over and over again. With great emotion and the beautiful little solo played in the middle can be pretty much bone-chilling at worst. The live version on TransAtlantic- Live in Europe is even better, really emotional and even better than this nevertheless amazing studio version.

Mystery Train is a very much Beatles-esque tune with very unique lyrics and its a good song, perfect to sing along to, however, it is not as good as the other short ballad on this album.

My New World is an amzing Beatles-esque song, that begins and ends with perhaps one of the most catchiest phrases in Prog. I could not help singing along about every single time they play it.

My new world was spinning me around And this is all that i've found My new world was spinning me around And time can be my enemy My new world was spinning me ...

In the middle of the song, very beautiful instrumental parts are played, perfectly matching the mood and the lyrics of the tune. Very relaxed and laid back. This Roine Stolt version is more atmospheric and some of the parts are very reminiscent of the catchiness on Space Revolver.

The album really ends here for me, even though there is another track, which is in fact a Procul Harum cover. (One of my favorite 70s Prog songs). It is of course, produced very well and Morse adds his beautiful voice to it. Very good rendition of the classic song.

Overall, this album is one of the best albums of the new millenium and two songs, My New World and All of the Above, in my opinion, has surpassed some of the wonderful epics of the 70s.

Overall rating: 98%

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#85588) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 03, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Everybody who read my review on the Transatlantic├??├?┬┤s debut album knows very well that I didn├??├?┬┤t enjoy that album very much because it sounded "too much like a Spock├??├?┬┤s Beard work". Well, it meant a muddy production and the fact that only Neil Morse seemed to appear in the final cut (the remaning of his star colleagues sounded like a backing band, nothing more). Well, I chanced upon this record and I decided to give it a shot, even if I didn├??├?┬┤t believe that a new mix would change my point of view, as most of them usually don├??├?┬┤t. But I felt something and, besides, it is ROINE STOLT├??├?┬┤s remixes, so I guess it was the right guy to do something like that.

The results were amazing, to say the least. SMPTe comes across now like a whole new recording, with a much brighter sound,much more energy and with all members being able to be heard equally. I had to pick up my old original CD to listen to it again to be sure. And now I can say without doubt that the RS mixes gave the record something it lacked badly: the right sound. Several new details, subletities, nuances, even some instruments and vocals can now be heard clearly like it was for the first time. I really don├??├?┬┤t know if there were new recordings regarding this release, but boy, does it look like it!! Compared to this version the original CD pales in all aspects. This is specially true for the two epics All Of The Above and My New World, both of them gained a freshness and power only hinted before. We All Need Some Light became even more beautiful and poignant than it already was and the Procol Harum cover (In held (twas) in I) showed many details that make it really stand out. Just listen to the vocals (more vivid and clear) or the guitar solos (now full of life and emotion). Even the weakest track, Mystery Train, improved a lot with the new mix. Now I feel like listening to this record again and again, something that hasn├?┬┤t happened before.

Finally I can say that this band had something special from the get go and I├??├?┬┤m really glad to have this CD. It├??├?┬┤s only a shame it took so long to finally have a quality recording worth the genius of all members involved, but better later than never. If you├??├?┬┤re a newbie to this supergroup, please be sure to get this version of the album instead of the original one. For I have now to change my rating concerning the songs and perfomances of this album: 4.5 stars.

Brilliant work, Roine!!! Thank you very much!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#489739) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 stars this album is absolutely stunning.....its starts off with the epic all of the above...this is one of the best pieces of pro music you will evr here.....the meldies for both vocaland instruments are incredibly memorable, the musicianship is pehnominal....its got all the ingredients.....but the ... (read more)

Report this review (#260992) | Posted by EVE123 | Friday, January 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There are so few reviews of this album but should you know that this one is, so far, a better release of the supergroup. One word...superb! This is far better than the more commercial-oriented mixes released earlier. What really change is the overall sound of the album; A bit less symphonic a ... (read more)

Report this review (#243695) | Posted by Jadittir | Thursday, October 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the first album I listened to from this band. I really love the first track. The lyrics 'innocense and undying love will reign' are beautifully sung by Neal Morse. I've noticed that I've been humming those lines over and over again. The track We all need some light is also a great song ... (read more)

Report this review (#165209) | Posted by Kanda | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes)"