SMPTE (THE ROINE STOLT MIXES)

Transatlantic

Transatlantic SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) album cover

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. All of the Above (30:59)
I) full moon rising
II) october winds
III) camouflaged in blue
IV) half alive
V) undying love
VI) full moon rising (reprise)
2. We all need some Light (5:45)
3. Mystery Train (6:52)
4. My New World (16:16)
5. In held (twas) in I (17:21)

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) lyrics

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) tabs

- Neil Morse / vocals, keyboards, acoustic & electric guitars
- Mike Portnoy / drums, back vocals
- Roine Stolt / vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, mellotron, percussion
- Pete Trewavas / bass, bass pedals, back vocals

CD Radiant Records (2003)
Roine's mixes of Transatlantic's classic first album, 'SMPTe' (2000), are lush, rich, & full of things unheard on the original version.

Thanks to The Miracle for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TRANSATLANTIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) Music

DVD$15.93
More Never Is EnoughMore Never Is Enough
Box set
Metal Blade 2011
Transatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in AmericaTransatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in America
Multiple Formats
Metal Blade 2006
DVD$15.83
Whirld Tour 2010: Live in LondonWhirld Tour 2010: Live in London
Metal Blade 2010
Incognito - Transatlantic Rpm CD US $19.85 Buy It Now 1h 42m
FINBAR AND EDDIE FURY The Lonesome Boatman LP Transatlantic NEAR-MINT !! US $30.55 [0 bids]
Pentangle 'Pentangling' UK Transatlantic LP TRA SAM 29 -- EX US $16.97 [0 bids]
Dubliners - Definitive Transatlantic Colle (2002) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 46m
'TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 4: VOLUME 2' CD US $21.20 Buy It Now 3h 46m
BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE - 7" VINYL 1976 TRANSATLANTIC US $5.92 Buy It Now 3h 53m
TRANSATLANTIC BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER SPEC. RUSSIA EDITION SOYUZ DREAM THEATER US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
TRANSATLANTIC COLLECTIVE THE - TRAVELING SONG - WVCD125 US $10.32 Buy It Now 5h 6m
RALPH MCTELL Revisited UK Transatlantic Records vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $7.62 Buy It Now 5h 22m
BEN CHRISTOPHERS Transatlantic Promo CD US $7.64 Buy It Now 7h 13m
ROACH MOTEL Transatlantic 12" Sound Clip in Listing US $14.43 Buy It Now 7h 19m
John McCormack(Vinyl LP)Xtra-Transatlantic-XTRA 101-UK-Ex/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Bert Jansch & John Renbourn/Bert And John/1966 Transatlantic LP US $93.36 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Transatlantic - EMPTY BOX for Mini LP CD Japan DISK UNION RARE Arcangelo Circus! US $99.00 Buy It Now 10h 49m
DUBLINERS EP A SAMPLE OF transatlantic TRA EP 129 US $67.90 Buy It Now 11h 46m
JOHN RENBOURN So Clear UK Transatlantic lp US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 5m
JOHNSTONS - If I Sang My Song [UK 1972 Transatlantic - Gatefold - NEAR MINT] US $20.28 Buy It Now 12h 11m
TRANSATLANTIC**WHIRLWIND**2 CD SET US $19.97 Buy It Now 12h 21m
DECAMERON "Third Light" Transatlantic (Original 1st Press) #TRA 304 - Mint 1975 US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Cod Liver Oil and Orange Juice: The Transatlantic Anthology * by Hamish Imlac... US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 36m
LEGENDS KARAOKE CD+G BASSLINE VOL 22 TRANSATLANTIC HITS NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 18m
PETER BARDENS Vintage '69 UK Vinyl LP 1976 Transatlantic Recs. Prog Psych CAMEL US $7.98 [0 bids]
Stray Mudanzas LP Original UK 1973 Transatlantic Hard Rock Gatefold US $79.95 Buy It Now 19h 50m
Stray Moveit LP Original UK 1974 Transatlantic Hard Rock Die-Cut Cover US $49.95 Buy It Now 19h 55m
TRANSATLANTIC The Whirlwind JAPAN MINI LP HQ CD with BONUS DISC US $43.80 Buy It Now 1 day
J Bold - Transatlantic Accent E.P 12" US $3.39 Buy It Now 1 day
STEFAN GROSSMAN Live 2LP GATEFOLD 1971 TRANSATLANTIC FREE UK POST US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kaleidoscope (2CD/1DVD) by Transatlantic: Format: Audio CD US $33.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Roach Motel Transatlantic / Afro Sleeze 12" Junior Boy's Own 1993 HOUSE US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PENTANGLE debut album Transatlantic Ampex cassette 1969 RARE Jansch Renbourn US $1.68 [1 bids]
'TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 5 : VOLUME 2' CD US $22.05 Buy It Now 1 day
John Renbourn(Vinyl LP)Sir John Alot Of-Transatlantic-TRA 167-UK-VG/VG+ US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RICHARD DIGANCE working class millionaire THE TRANSATLANTIC 2 CD 35 TRKS SEAL US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Swarbrick 2 LP IMPORT 1977 COPY From The UK TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS TRA 341 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JERRY DOUGLAS / ALY - TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 5 BAIN - TRANSATLANTIC NEW CD US $29.46 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN RENBOURN ~ "LADY AND THE UNICORN" ~ UK TRANSATLANTIC LP 1970 ~ PENTANGLE US $16.97 [1 bids]
Silverman,Faye-Ellen - Transatlantic Tales [CD New] US $14.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Bain,Aly & Jerry Douglas - Vol. 1-Transatlantic Sessions 6 [CD New] US $21.75 Buy It Now 1 day
RALPH MCTELL collection vol 2 LP 12 track (trasam39) uk transatlantic 1976 US $8.54 Buy It Now 1 day
JERRY DOUGLAS / ALY BAIN - TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 4 NEW CD US $29.46 Buy It Now 1 day
PENTANGLE ~ REFLECTION ** 1971 TRANSATLANTIC LP US $1.68 [1 bids]
THE PENTANGLE SELF TITLED UK TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS LP TRA 162 A2/B2 US $16.11 [2 bids]
GRYPHON ~ S/T ** 1973 TRANSATLANTIC LP US $19.52 [8 bids]
Various Artists - Blues For Your Pocket 1972 sampler LP Transatlantic TRA SAM 2 US $14.43 [0 bids]
RICHARD DIGANCE, ENGLAND'S GREEN & PLEASANT LAND LP 1974 UK EX/EX TRANSATLANTIC US $16.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Preach - Transatlantic [CD New] US $14.40 Buy It Now 1 day
PENTANGLE This is Transatlantic Lp US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Transatlantic Move by Keoki (CD, Oct-1996, Moonshine Music) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEREO INTRODUCTION TO EXCITING WORLD OF TRANSATLANTIC VINYL LP ALBUM REISSUE US $17.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic SMPT Metal Blade 2000 Prog supergroup Portnoy Morse US $5.00 [2 bids]
The Young Tradition - YOUNG TRADITION SAMPLER - Transatlantic Records TRA-SAM-13 US $9.95 [0 bids]
HUGUES AUFRAY: Transatlantic french DOUBLE CANADA US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
2 by The Dubliners "More of The Hard Stuff" Transatlantic, "Best Of" Major Minor US $23.95 Buy It Now 1 day
TransAtlantic KALEIDOSCOPE LPx3/CDx2 USA 89778100197 Radiant Records (2) new US $89.97 [0 bids]
"THE JOHN RENBOURN SAMPLER" LP 1971 ORIG EARLY UK PRESS (Transatlantic) US $24.88 Buy It Now 1 day
VARIOUS ARTISTS Guitar Workshop UK Transatlantic 2XLP Booklet ! Free Shipping ! US $65.95 Buy It Now 2 days
'TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 3 : VOL 2' CD Aly Bain & others US $20.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Richard Digance - The Best Of The Transatlantic Years CD 1997 England 20trk US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE PENTANGLE PENTANGLING RARE 1973 UK IMPORT LP TRANSATLANTIC LABEL US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE TRANSATLANTIC ORCHESTRA - TITANIC US $3.04 Buy It Now 2 days
The Dubliners Definitive Transatlantic C,, DVD AUDIO D1 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PENTANGLE Pentangling UK 1st press vinyl LP Transatlantic Ex+/Nr Mint US $50.91 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC - MORE NEVER IS ENOUGH - NEW CD US $35.65 Buy It Now 2 days
SALLYANGIE ~ CHILDREN OF THE SUN ~ UK MONO TRANSATLANTIC LP 1968 ~ MIKE OLDFIELD US $212.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic - Whirld Tour 2010-Live In London CD US $26.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic - Whirlwind CD US $23.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic - Live In Europe CD METAL BLADE US $23.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic - More Is Never Enough CD US $40.34 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC the whirlwind Japan MINI LP CD HQCD (2cd) US $42.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Aly & Jerry Douglas Bain - Vol. 2-Transatlantic Sessions 4 CD US $21.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Aly & Jerry Douglas Bain - Vol. 2-Transatlantic Sessions 2 CD US $21.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Stray Tracks LP Original UK 1975 Transatlantic Hard Rock US $24.95 Buy It Now 2 days
PENTANGLE BASKET OF LIGHT transatlantic 69 rare plastic sleeve Lp. EX/nrEX US $32.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Preach - Transatlantic CD US $17.04 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC-KALEIDOSCOPE-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD+DVD BONUS TRACK K81 US $53.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Aly & Jerry Douglas Bain - Vol. 1-Transatlantic Sessions 5 CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC-SMPT:E 1ST LIMITED EDITION-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Aly & Jerry Douglas Bain Transatlantic Sessions 4 DVD US $40.11 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC-THE WHIRLWIND 3RD SPECIAL EDITION-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PENTANGLE Cruel Sister Orig UK LP Transatlantic Jansch Renbourn FOLK US $51.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever (CD, Oct-2001, Metal Blade) US $10.44 Buy It Now 2 days
RALPH MCTELL streets of london 1972 FOLK TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
hear SKIN ALLEY in the midnight hour 1973 SOUL MOD TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
hear UNICORN p.f. sloan 1972 UK COUNTRY DAVID GILMOUR TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic Sessions - Vol. 4-Transatlantic Sessions [CD New] US $17.07 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC 2014 Kaleidoscope SIGNED SONG BOOK - Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FINBAR AND EDDIE FUREY LP TRANSATLANTIC 1968 UK FOLK US $14.98 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC-BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER 2ND-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GRYPHON - RAINDANCE - MINT IMPORT UK 1ST UK PRESS TRANSATLANTIC RECORD 1975 PROG US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STRAY LP RECORD, SUICIDE. 1971 ON TRANSATLANTIC LABEL. V/G. V/G. US $6.79 [1 bids]
VARIOUS: Listen Here! A Transatlantic Sampler (rare rock & pop LP) US $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE HUMBLEBUMS - OPEN UP THE DOOR , TRANSATLANTIC 1970 , EX/EX ,LP US $15.19 Buy It Now 2 days
The Pasadena Roof Orchestra Isn't it Romantic Vinyl LP Transatlantic TRA335 US $20.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Fugs "It Crawled Into My Hand, Honest" 1968 Transatlantic Mono LP US $50.92 Buy It Now 2 days
The Pentangle - Cruel Sister UK Transatlantic 1970 1st Pressing LP US $8.47 [0 bids]
VARIOUS:THE CONTEMPORARY GUITAR SAMPLER vol.2:(TRANSATLANTIC) EX US $23.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Best Of Scottish Folk Volume 3 MTRA 2003 UK LP 1978 Transatlantic Owen Hand US $11.87 Buy It Now 2 days
SUPER TRANSATLANTIC - SHUTTLECOCK - 2000 - DJ / SINGLE, RARE, OOP, METAL US $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe JAPAN MINI LP HQ CD with BONUS DISC US $84.18 Buy It Now 2 days
PENTANGLE Cruel Sister LP Transatlantic 228 original UK clean US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online Buy TRANSATLANTIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRANSATLANTIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) reviews

Review by King of Loss
5 stars I am still surprised this album has not been reviewed or rated. Even though, this is not another studio album from TransAtlantic, this Roine Stolt version of SMPTe is loved by many. Many consider to be a lot better than the original, with the phrases sounding a bit like Bridge Across Forever mix, rather than the original mix, which actually made SMPTe sound like just another Spock's Beard. Tell you no wrong, this mix is no Spock's Beard album, it is beyond the limits of Neal Morse's journey with his old California mates.

The album kicks off with All of the Above. This song is phenomenal, featuring a 7 part, 31 minutes in length (really, its more or less 27-28 minutes because of Morse and Portnoy's conversation on the Beatles. Interesting, but not really part of the song.

The song kicks off with the instrumental beginnings of Full Moon rising. A real treat, perhaps one of the most memorable, epic beginnings in all of Prog. Amazing, just breathless.

Then comes the Morse edition to everything with October Winds, the Prog is mixed with Morse's great vocal stylings and the gentle vocal barrage comes in. Then it transitions to the awesome Camflouged in Blue, perhaps one of the most catchiest parts of this epic.

Half alive and undying love transitions very light parts along with catchy, Spock's Beard like parts mixed in with some The Flower Kings phrases. The mix really makes this part more melodic and a lot more atmospheric.

Then the song concludes with the reprise of the epic Full Moon Rising. Amazing chorus by Morse and co., the old theme is really much back together and the song of course ends with Portnoy and Morse talking about the Beatles.

One of my all-time favorite songs, if not my favorite song of all time.

We All Need some Light is perhaps my favorite ballad with Neal morse, the recording on here is memorable with the catchy phrase, We All need some Light, is sang over and over again. With great emotion and the beautiful little solo played in the middle can be pretty much bone-chilling at worst. The live version on TransAtlantic- Live in Europe is even better, really emotional and even better than this nevertheless amazing studio version.

Mystery Train is a very much Beatles-esque tune with very unique lyrics and its a good song, perfect to sing along to, however, it is not as good as the other short ballad on this album.

My New World is an amzing Beatles-esque song, that begins and ends with perhaps one of the most catchiest phrases in Prog. I could not help singing along about every single time they play it.

My new world was spinning me around And this is all that i've found My new world was spinning me around And time can be my enemy My new world was spinning me ...

In the middle of the song, very beautiful instrumental parts are played, perfectly matching the mood and the lyrics of the tune. Very relaxed and laid back. This Roine Stolt version is more atmospheric and some of the parts are very reminiscent of the catchiness on Space Revolver.

The album really ends here for me, even though there is another track, which is in fact a Procul Harum cover. (One of my favorite 70s Prog songs). It is of course, produced very well and Morse adds his beautiful voice to it. Very good rendition of the classic song.

Overall, this album is one of the best albums of the new millenium and two songs, My New World and All of the Above, in my opinion, has surpassed some of the wonderful epics of the 70s.

Overall rating: 98%

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#85588) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 03, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Everybody who read my review on the Transatlantic├??├?┬┤s debut album knows very well that I didn├??├?┬┤t enjoy that album very much because it sounded "too much like a Spock├??├?┬┤s Beard work". Well, it meant a muddy production and the fact that only Neil Morse seemed to appear in the final cut (the remaning of his star colleagues sounded like a backing band, nothing more). Well, I chanced upon this record and I decided to give it a shot, even if I didn├??├?┬┤t believe that a new mix would change my point of view, as most of them usually don├??├?┬┤t. But I felt something and, besides, it is ROINE STOLT├??├?┬┤s remixes, so I guess it was the right guy to do something like that.

The results were amazing, to say the least. SMPTe comes across now like a whole new recording, with a much brighter sound,much more energy and with all members being able to be heard equally. I had to pick up my old original CD to listen to it again to be sure. And now I can say without doubt that the RS mixes gave the record something it lacked badly: the right sound. Several new details, subletities, nuances, even some instruments and vocals can now be heard clearly like it was for the first time. I really don├??├?┬┤t know if there were new recordings regarding this release, but boy, does it look like it!! Compared to this version the original CD pales in all aspects. This is specially true for the two epics All Of The Above and My New World, both of them gained a freshness and power only hinted before. We All Need Some Light became even more beautiful and poignant than it already was and the Procol Harum cover (In held (twas) in I) showed many details that make it really stand out. Just listen to the vocals (more vivid and clear) or the guitar solos (now full of life and emotion). Even the weakest track, Mystery Train, improved a lot with the new mix. Now I feel like listening to this record again and again, something that hasn├?┬┤t happened before.

Finally I can say that this band had something special from the get go and I├??├?┬┤m really glad to have this CD. It├??├?┬┤s only a shame it took so long to finally have a quality recording worth the genius of all members involved, but better later than never. If you├??├?┬┤re a newbie to this supergroup, please be sure to get this version of the album instead of the original one. For I have now to change my rating concerning the songs and perfomances of this album: 4.5 stars.

Brilliant work, Roine!!! Thank you very much!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#489739) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 stars this album is absolutely stunning.....its starts off with the epic all of the above...this is one of the best pieces of pro music you will evr here.....the meldies for both vocaland instruments are incredibly memorable, the musicianship is pehnominal....its got all the ingredients.....but the ... (read more)

Report this review (#260992) | Posted by EVE123 | Friday, January 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There are so few reviews of this album but should you know that this one is, so far, a better release of the supergroup. One word...superb! This is far better than the more commercial-oriented mixes released earlier. What really change is the overall sound of the album; A bit less symphonic a ... (read more)

Report this review (#243695) | Posted by Jadittir | Thursday, October 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the first album I listened to from this band. I really love the first track. The lyrics 'innocense and undying love will reign' are beautifully sung by Neal Morse. I've noticed that I've been humming those lines over and over again. The track We all need some light is also a great song ... (read more)

Report this review (#165209) | Posted by Kanda | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes)"