SMPTE (THE ROINE STOLT MIXES)

Transatlantic

Transatlantic SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) album cover

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. All of the Above (30:59)
I) full moon rising
II) october winds
III) camouflaged in blue
IV) half alive
V) undying love
VI) full moon rising (reprise)
2. We all need some Light (5:45)
3. Mystery Train (6:52)
4. My New World (16:16)
5. In held (twas) in I (17:21)

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) lyrics

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) tabs

- Neil Morse / vocals, keyboards, acoustic & electric guitars
- Mike Portnoy / drums, back vocals
- Roine Stolt / vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, mellotron, percussion
- Pete Trewavas / bass, bass pedals, back vocals

CD Radiant Records (2003)
Roine's mixes of Transatlantic's classic first album, 'SMPTe' (2000), are lush, rich, & full of things unheard on the original version.

Thanks to The Miracle for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TRANSATLANTIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) Music

Stolt Morse Portnoy TrewavasStolt Morse Portnoy Trewavas
Metal Blade 2000
The WhirlwindThe Whirlwind
Metal Blade 2009
Transatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in AmericaTransatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in America
Multiple Formats
Metal Blade 2006
DVD$15.83
Live in EuropeLive in Europe
Metal Blade 2003
Whirld Tour 2010: Live in LondonWhirld Tour 2010: Live in London
Metal Blade 2010
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever (CD, Oct-2001, Metal Blade) US $10.44 Buy It Now 1h
RALPH MCTELL streets of london 1972 FOLK TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
hear SKIN ALLEY in the midnight hour 1973 SOUL MOD TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
hear UNICORN p.f. sloan 1972 UK COUNTRY DAVID GILMOUR TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
The Transatlantic Move - Keoki (CD 1996) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Transatlantic Sessions - Vol. 4-Transatlantic Sessions [CD New] US $17.07 Buy It Now 1h 54m
TRANSATLANTIC 2014 Kaleidoscope SIGNED SONG BOOK - Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
GRYPHON - RAINDANCE - MINT IMPORT UK 1ST UK PRESS TRANSATLANTIC RECORD 1975 PROG US $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
VARIOUS: Listen Here! A Transatlantic Sampler (rare rock & pop LP) US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 15m
BEN CHRISTOPHERS Transatlantic Shooting Stars CD 3 Tracks Inc Hooded Kiss+The S US $5.39 Buy It Now 3h 57m
The Pasadena Roof Orchestra Isn't it Romantic Vinyl LP Transatlantic TRA335 US $19.88 Buy It Now 3h 57m
TRANSATLANTIC-BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER 2ND-JAPAN 2 HQCD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
TRANSATLANTIC BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER SPEC. RUSSIA EDITION SOYUZ DREAM THEATER US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Gryphon Original UK Folk Transatlantic LP (UNPLAYED MINT) US $132.62 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Jimmy Witherspoon Some of my best friends are the blues Transatlantic LP US $33.15 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Stray Self Titled Prog Monster transatlantic UK LP US $66.31 Buy It Now 5h 46m
VARIOUS:THE CONTEMPORARY GUITAR SAMPLER vol.2:(TRANSATLANTIC) EX US $23.19 Buy It Now 5h 55m
THE HUMBLEBUMS - OPEN UP THE DOOR , TRANSATLANTIC 1970 , EX/EX ,LP US $14.01 Buy It Now 5h 59m
LIVIN' JOY Follow The Rules CD 6 Tracks, Radio Mix/Orig Mix/Transatlantic Club US $5.39 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Best Of Scottish Folk Volume 3 MTRA 2003 UK LP 1978 Transatlantic Owen Hand US $11.59 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Midnight Mushrumps by Gryphon - Transatlantic Records 1974 US $8.29 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC Bridge Across Forever US Metal Blade CD Sealed ! Free Shipping ! US $24.90 Buy It Now 17h 24m
'TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 4: VOLUME 3' CD US $21.53 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Django Reinhardt Vinyl LP Transatlantic Xtra Label XTRA1092 US $29.82 Buy It Now 18h 21m
TRANSATLANTIC-LIVE IN AMERICA-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD I19 zd US $41.50 Buy It Now 18h 38m
FINBAR & EDDIE FUREY LONESOME BOATMAN ORIGINAL UK EDITION TRANSATLANTIC FOLK LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 18h 42m
TRANSATLANTIC-MORE NEVER IS ENOUGH-JAPAN MINI LP 3 HQCD + 2 DVD O75 US $68.50 Buy It Now 18h 53m
STEFAN GROSSMAN LIVE ORIGINAL UK EDITION TRANSATLANTIC LABEL GUITAR FOLK 2LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 18h 54m
THE PENTANGLE LP ITALY Transatlantic 1968 Folk Bert Jansch STUNNING UNPLAYED!! US $79.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS Contemporary Guitar Sampler Vol. II 1970 TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS VINYL LP US $14.90 Buy It Now 21h 22m
Mick Ryan & Jon Burge - Fair Was The City LP UK ORIG '78 Transatlantic FOLK US $24.87 Buy It Now 22h 21m
Kaleidoscope by Transatlantic: Format: Audio CD US $19.97 Buy It Now 22h 57m
TRANSATLANTIC - THE WHIRLWIND NEW CD 2009 ??? ? ??? US $14.00 Buy It Now 23h 15m
Lyric Trio Loeillet Arnold Shostakovich UK 1972 Transatlantic/Everest Records US $14.24 Buy It Now 23h 32m
PENTANGLE LP 'HISTORY BOOK' (TRANSATLANTIC) US $16.56 Buy It Now 23h 54m
Transatlantic Soul - Release Yo Self - 1996 #9664 US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
ALBERT Y LOST TRIOS PARANOIAS Italians from Outer Space TRANSATLANTIC import US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PENTANGLE Sweet Child (Transatlantic UK DLP 1968) EX US $58.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DUBLINERS EP A SAMPLE OF transatlantic TRA EP 129 US $66.31 Buy It Now 1 day
THE EXCITING WORLD OF TRANSATLANTIC - Various Artists - VINYL LP US $26.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic - More Never Is Enough (3 CD + 2 DVD set) US $31.48 [0 bids]
JOHN RENBOURN Sir John Alot UK Transatlantic lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Victor Feldman-Transatlantic Alliance-Jasmine 2002-ENGLAND TUBBY HAYES US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Joshua Rifkin PIANO RAGS BY SCOTT JOPLIN 1970 TRANSATLANTIC FREE UK POST US $20.89 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC-LIVE IN EUROPE-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD I19 zd US $41.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC-WHIRLD TOUR 2010-JAPAN MINI LP 3 HQCD K03 US $48.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alberto y Lost Trios Paranois - UK LP Transatlantic US $14.99 [0 bids]
Dave Swarbrick 2 LP IMPORT 1977 COPY From The UK TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS TRA 341 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Pentangle History Book LP Transatlantic ORL8276 1972 Made in Italy US $5.00 [0 bids]
DECAMERON - THIRD LIGHT - TRANSATLANTIC TRA 304 ORIG. UK PRESSING. EX/EX US $16.99 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC 4 CD & 2 DVD LOT DREAM THEATER SPOCKS BEARD - MORE NEVER IS ENOUGH US $29.99 [0 bids]
Gryphon Raindance Transatlantic Import Records Prog / Psych LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEBHARD ULLMANN / CHRIS / THOMAS DAHLGREN - TRANSATLANTIC BASSX3 NEW CD US $23.82 Buy It Now 1 day
GRYPHON Transatlantic tra262 GUILLAND HARVEY OBERLE Taylor '73 1st uk 4E/2E rare US $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Douglas Jerry Bain Aly - Transatlantic Sessions 3 Vol 1 CD US $21.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Zodiac Ensemble - Its A Mean Season For Silver Linings CD US $25.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens-S/T Write My Name In Dust 1971 UK Transatlantic TRA 243 EX/M TOPS! US $55.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PENTANGLE HISTORY BOOK LP TRANSATLANTIC (1970's) NM US $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic - Whirlwind [CD New] US $17.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Picture Rags 12" Ragtime Jazz LP on Transatlantic ALL TRACKS LISTED Plays EX++ US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Bert Jansch Sampler UK LP 1969 Ex+ A1/B1 Transatlantic Pentangle John Renbourn US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CONTRABAND Lady For Today 1974 TRANSATLANTIC NEAR MINT US $2.49 [1 bids]
Ralph Mc Tell Spiral Staircase Transatlantic TRA 177 VINYL LP Album US $15.67 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAY ~ MUDANZAS ~ RARE UK TRANSATLANTIC LP 1973 ~ 1ST PRESS 1A/2A ~ TOP COPY US $74.60 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAY ~ MOVE IT ~ RARE UK TRANSATLANTIC LP 1974 ~ 1ST PRESS 1A/1B ~ TOP COPY US $91.17 Buy It Now 1 day
THE TWO RONNIES the best of TRA 328 A1/B1 1st press uk transatlantic LP PS EX/EX US $16.23 Buy It Now 1 day
8-Track Tape JOHN RENBOURN Transatlantic folk 1966 UK PICTURE COVER US $33.98 Buy It Now 1 day
8-Track Tape RENIA First Offenders prog 1973 Transatlantic UK PICTURE COVER US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic - Smpte [CD New] US $14.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Ralph Mctell - My Side Of Your Window ( LP - Transatlantic - TRA 209 ) US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ullmann/Dahlgren/Thomas - Transatlantic Bassx3 [CD New] US $14.89 Buy It Now 2 days
JODY GRIND One Step On LP 1969 TRANSATLANTIC UK Orig 1st Press 4 US $11.00 [3 bids]
STRAY:Come On Over 4:12-Soon You've Grown 2:43-Japan 7"Transatlantic Recs.DJ PSL US $38.98 Buy It Now 2 days
RALPH McTELL My Side Of Your Window LP TRANSATLANTIC UK orig US $9.90 [0 bids]
RALPH McTELL Spiral Staircase LP TRANSATLANTIC UK orig TOP COPY! US $24.90 [0 bids]
STRAY Mudanzas LP 1973 UK 1st Press STEREO TRANSATLANTIC TRA 268 US $51.39 [11 bids]
Stefan Grossman Live UK Transatlantic 1973 Double LP US $6.61 [0 bids]
RALPH McTELL Spiral Staircase Transatlantic US $14.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Matt McGinn Sampler. 1969 UK Transatlantic LP Ex! US $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
The Transatlantic Demos by Neal Morse (CD, 2003, Radiant Records, USA) PROG US $24.95 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-KALEIDOSCOPE 3LP/2CD LIMITED EDITION VINYL NEW(IMPORT)OUT OF PRINT US $119.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Crash Street Kids Transatlantic Suicide CD US $10.26 Buy It Now 2 days
Paul Gilbert CD Burning Organ Mr Big Transatlantic Winery Dogs Cinderella Beatle US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LISTEN HERE! TRANSATLANTIC SAMPLER TRASAM2 VINYL LP 1968 UK PENTANGLE VG+!! US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PENTANGLE REFLECTIONS VERY RARE FULLY HAND SIGNED TRANSATLANTIC UK LP US $323.25 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSATLANTIC TICKET.FOLK CD.VARIOUS ARTISTS.JANSCH.PENTANGLE.RENBOURNE.GRYPHON US $9.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic Sessions (CD, Apr-2000) GUY CLARK IRIS DEMENT MARY BLACK US $22.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Pentangle / Reflection / Transatlantic 1971 / EX US $8.27 [0 bids]
RICHARD HARVEY DIVISIONS ON A GROUND transatlantic 75 A1B1 UK 1st pr Lp VG US $11.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Transatlantic - Live In America [CD New] US $44.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Transatlantic - Live In Europa [CD New] US $44.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Transatlantic - More Never Is Enough [CD New] US $123.85 Buy It Now 3 days
THE TRANSATLANTIC MOVE mixed by superstar dj KEOKI-The S Man/Cirrus/Top Kat+more US $3.99 [0 bids]
OUT TO LUNCH Everything's Nice 7" Single Vinyl Record Transatlantic 1976 EX US $9.93 Buy It Now 3 days
BILLY CONNOLLY / HUMBLEBUMS - WORDS & MUSIC - TRANSATLANTIC 1975 VG US $3.30 [0 bids]
Gryphon-Transatlantic 1975 lp-raindance US $50.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RALPH McTELL Revisited 1970 UK LP TRANSATLANTIC TRA 227 US $6.61 [0 bids]
Country Gazette LIVE Transatlantic TRA 291 Vinyl LP Album US $44.39 Buy It Now 3 days
TransAtlantic ?- Mike's Silver Hammer Live Holland 2001 (Dream Theater) 2 CD US $24.85 [1 bids]
CD Treble: Transatlantic : Whirld Tour 2010 : Sealed US $28.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online Buy TRANSATLANTIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRANSATLANTIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) reviews

Review by King of Loss
5 stars I am still surprised this album has not been reviewed or rated. Even though, this is not another studio album from TransAtlantic, this Roine Stolt version of SMPTe is loved by many. Many consider to be a lot better than the original, with the phrases sounding a bit like Bridge Across Forever mix, rather than the original mix, which actually made SMPTe sound like just another Spock's Beard. Tell you no wrong, this mix is no Spock's Beard album, it is beyond the limits of Neal Morse's journey with his old California mates.

The album kicks off with All of the Above. This song is phenomenal, featuring a 7 part, 31 minutes in length (really, its more or less 27-28 minutes because of Morse and Portnoy's conversation on the Beatles. Interesting, but not really part of the song.

The song kicks off with the instrumental beginnings of Full Moon rising. A real treat, perhaps one of the most memorable, epic beginnings in all of Prog. Amazing, just breathless.

Then comes the Morse edition to everything with October Winds, the Prog is mixed with Morse's great vocal stylings and the gentle vocal barrage comes in. Then it transitions to the awesome Camflouged in Blue, perhaps one of the most catchiest parts of this epic.

Half alive and undying love transitions very light parts along with catchy, Spock's Beard like parts mixed in with some The Flower Kings phrases. The mix really makes this part more melodic and a lot more atmospheric.

Then the song concludes with the reprise of the epic Full Moon Rising. Amazing chorus by Morse and co., the old theme is really much back together and the song of course ends with Portnoy and Morse talking about the Beatles.

One of my all-time favorite songs, if not my favorite song of all time.

We All Need some Light is perhaps my favorite ballad with Neal morse, the recording on here is memorable with the catchy phrase, We All need some Light, is sang over and over again. With great emotion and the beautiful little solo played in the middle can be pretty much bone-chilling at worst. The live version on TransAtlantic- Live in Europe is even better, really emotional and even better than this nevertheless amazing studio version.

Mystery Train is a very much Beatles-esque tune with very unique lyrics and its a good song, perfect to sing along to, however, it is not as good as the other short ballad on this album.

My New World is an amzing Beatles-esque song, that begins and ends with perhaps one of the most catchiest phrases in Prog. I could not help singing along about every single time they play it.

My new world was spinning me around And this is all that i've found My new world was spinning me around And time can be my enemy My new world was spinning me ...

In the middle of the song, very beautiful instrumental parts are played, perfectly matching the mood and the lyrics of the tune. Very relaxed and laid back. This Roine Stolt version is more atmospheric and some of the parts are very reminiscent of the catchiness on Space Revolver.

The album really ends here for me, even though there is another track, which is in fact a Procul Harum cover. (One of my favorite 70s Prog songs). It is of course, produced very well and Morse adds his beautiful voice to it. Very good rendition of the classic song.

Overall, this album is one of the best albums of the new millenium and two songs, My New World and All of the Above, in my opinion, has surpassed some of the wonderful epics of the 70s.

Overall rating: 98%

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#85588) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 03, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Everybody who read my review on the Transatlantic├??├?┬┤s debut album knows very well that I didn├??├?┬┤t enjoy that album very much because it sounded "too much like a Spock├??├?┬┤s Beard work". Well, it meant a muddy production and the fact that only Neil Morse seemed to appear in the final cut (the remaning of his star colleagues sounded like a backing band, nothing more). Well, I chanced upon this record and I decided to give it a shot, even if I didn├??├?┬┤t believe that a new mix would change my point of view, as most of them usually don├??├?┬┤t. But I felt something and, besides, it is ROINE STOLT├??├?┬┤s remixes, so I guess it was the right guy to do something like that.

The results were amazing, to say the least. SMPTe comes across now like a whole new recording, with a much brighter sound,much more energy and with all members being able to be heard equally. I had to pick up my old original CD to listen to it again to be sure. And now I can say without doubt that the RS mixes gave the record something it lacked badly: the right sound. Several new details, subletities, nuances, even some instruments and vocals can now be heard clearly like it was for the first time. I really don├??├?┬┤t know if there were new recordings regarding this release, but boy, does it look like it!! Compared to this version the original CD pales in all aspects. This is specially true for the two epics All Of The Above and My New World, both of them gained a freshness and power only hinted before. We All Need Some Light became even more beautiful and poignant than it already was and the Procol Harum cover (In held (twas) in I) showed many details that make it really stand out. Just listen to the vocals (more vivid and clear) or the guitar solos (now full of life and emotion). Even the weakest track, Mystery Train, improved a lot with the new mix. Now I feel like listening to this record again and again, something that hasn├?┬┤t happened before.

Finally I can say that this band had something special from the get go and I├??├?┬┤m really glad to have this CD. It├??├?┬┤s only a shame it took so long to finally have a quality recording worth the genius of all members involved, but better later than never. If you├??├?┬┤re a newbie to this supergroup, please be sure to get this version of the album instead of the original one. For I have now to change my rating concerning the songs and perfomances of this album: 4.5 stars.

Brilliant work, Roine!!! Thank you very much!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#489739) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 stars this album is absolutely stunning.....its starts off with the epic all of the above...this is one of the best pieces of pro music you will evr here.....the meldies for both vocaland instruments are incredibly memorable, the musicianship is pehnominal....its got all the ingredients.....but the ... (read more)

Report this review (#260992) | Posted by EVE123 | Friday, January 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There are so few reviews of this album but should you know that this one is, so far, a better release of the supergroup. One word...superb! This is far better than the more commercial-oriented mixes released earlier. What really change is the overall sound of the album; A bit less symphonic a ... (read more)

Report this review (#243695) | Posted by Jadittir | Thursday, October 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the first album I listened to from this band. I really love the first track. The lyrics 'innocense and undying love will reign' are beautifully sung by Neal Morse. I've noticed that I've been humming those lines over and over again. The track We all need some light is also a great song ... (read more)

Report this review (#165209) | Posted by Kanda | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes)"