SMPTE (THE ROINE STOLT MIXES)

Transatlantic

Transatlantic SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) album cover

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. All of the Above (30:59)
I) full moon rising
II) october winds
III) camouflaged in blue
IV) half alive
V) undying love
VI) full moon rising (reprise)
2. We all need some Light (5:45)
3. Mystery Train (6:52)
4. My New World (16:16)
5. In held (twas) in I (17:21)

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) lyrics

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) tabs

- Neil Morse / vocals, keyboards, acoustic & electric guitars
- Mike Portnoy / drums, back vocals
- Roine Stolt / vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, mellotron, percussion
- Pete Trewavas / bass, bass pedals, back vocals

CD Radiant Records (2003)
Roine's mixes of Transatlantic's classic first album, 'SMPTe' (2000), are lush, rich, & full of things unheard on the original version.

Thanks to The Miracle for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TRANSATLANTIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) Music

Bridge Across ForeverBridge Across Forever
Metal Blade 2001
Whirld Tour 2010: Live in LondonWhirld Tour 2010: Live in London
Metal Blade 2010
Transatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in AmericaTransatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in America
Multiple Formats
Metal Blade 2006
DVD$15.83
Marcel Dadi - Dadi's Folks Transatlantic France LP 1970s US $16.20 [0 bids]
38m 49s
Transatlantic Zodiac Ensemble - It's A Mean Season For Silver Linings [CD New] US $21.98 Buy It Now 55m 2s
The John Renbourn Sampler, Transatlantic Records TRA SAM20 Ex Condition Vinyl US $14.57 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The John Renbourn Sampler, Transatlantic Records TRA SAM20 Ex Condition Vinyl US $16.20 Buy It Now 1h 7m
COUNTRY GAZETTE "Sunny Side of the Mountain" LP - Transatlantic 1975 - UK Press US $8.99 [0 bids]
PIE IN THE SKY. Compilation From Transatlantic Management Tucson AZ Audio CD US $16.95 [0 bids]
THE OATH Transatlantic Thrash Terror LP Color Wax NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Billy Connolly Live! Original UK Transatlantic Comedy Brit Folk 1972 Live US $9.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Transatlantic Piano CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
RALPH McTELL Eight Frames A Second SEALED Capitol 8-Track UK folk Transatlantic US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Transatlantic JAPAN 4 titles Mini LP HQCD(+DVD) + PROMO Kaleidoscope BOX SET US $219.99 Buy It Now 5h 57m
KEOKI - THE TRANSATLANTIC MOVE - CD, 1996 US $5.09 Buy It Now 6h 44m
KEOKI - THE TRANSATLANTIC MOVE - CD, 1996 US $5.09 Buy It Now 9h 5m
LP Cartwright, Dave "Don't Let Your Family Down" TRANSATLANTIC TRA 284 + LYRICS US $40.51 Buy It Now 13h 29m
LP Connolly, Billy "Words & Music" TRANSATLANTIC TRA SAM 32 Nae For Your Wellies US $19.44 Buy It Now 13h 30m
LP Contraband "Contraband" TRANSATLANTIC TRA 278 - Rattlin' Roarin' Willie etc US $19.44 Buy It Now 13h 30m
Dickens of London music from Yorkshire TV Series 1976 LP Transatlantic TRA 330 US $8.09 Buy It Now 14h 6m
Jerry Douglas & Ali Bain - Transatlantic Sess 4 vol US $14.00 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band(7" Vinyl)The Floral Dance-Transatlantic-BIG 548- US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Various Artists - Blues For Your Pocket 1972 sampler LP Transatlantic TRA SAM 2 US $8.09 Buy It Now 14h 35m
John Renbourn(Vinyl LP)Sir John Alot Of-Transatlantic-TRA 167-UK-VG/VG+ US $29.16 Buy It Now 15h 9m
TRANSATLANTIC - THE VINTAGE YEARS UK LP Folk US $12.95 Buy It Now 15h 43m
THE DUFFY POWER . INNOVATIONS .1971 UK MONO LP TRANSATLANTIC TRA 229 ~ NM US $49.99 Buy It Now 16h 35m
JOHNSTONS sampler LP 10 track (trasam16) uk transatlantic 1970 US $13.81 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Billy Connolly(Vinyl LP)The Big Yin-UK- TRA SAM 38-Transatlantic-Ex/VG US $12.14 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Pal Shazar(CD Single)Penny For Your Thoughts-Transatlantic-TRAP1013-Very Good US $8.59 Buy It Now 18h 36m
Decameron(CD Album)Third Light-Sanctuary/Transatlantic-TACD 9.00752-Germany US $41.09 Buy It Now 18h 38m
Decameron(CD Album)Tomorrow's Pantomine-Transatlantic-TACD 9.00775-Germany-New US $56.29 Buy It Now 18h 38m
The Humblebums(CD Album)First Collection Of Merry Melodies-Transatlantic-TACD 9. US $44.09 Buy It Now 18h 39m
Rachmaninov(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.1-MK / Transatlantic--UK-Ex/VG US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 46m
Rachmaninov(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.1-MK/ Transatlantic--UK-VG/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 47m
Borodin(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.1-Transatlantic / MK-DO 7661-Russia-VG/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 47m
GREYHOUND / DREAM LOVERS / 1975 7" TRANSATLANTIC US $8.09 Buy It Now 19h 41m
EX !! The Ian Campbell Folk Group/Across The Hills/1964 Transatlantic LP US $35.67 Buy It Now 20h 7m
EX- !! Storyteller/More Pages/1971 Transatlantic LP US $71.33 Buy It Now 20h 12m
STRAY-TRACKS 12" VINYL LP 1975 TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS TRA SAM 33 **RARE US $9.71 [0 bids]
THE EXCITING WORLD OF TRANSATLANTIC/ PENTANGLE/ RAFFERTY/ RENBOURNE/ JANSCH/ EX+ US $9.71 Buy It Now 21h 52m
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future TRANSATLANTIC KAIPA TANGENT AGENTS OF MERCY US $19.44 Buy It Now 22h 28m
HUMBLEBUMS Coconut Tree TRANSATLANTIC 45 Folk Psych Gerry Rafferty 7" VINYL US $21.06 Buy It Now 22h 57m
BLUES FOR YOUR POCKET - TRANSATLANTIC COMP. LP US $9.71 [0 bids]
Reverend Gary Davis Children Of Zion LP Transatlantic UK 1971 + Inner US $16.20 [0 bids]
Pentangle - Cruel Sister 1970 Transatlantic Gatefold Album Stereo TRA 228 US $4.86 [1 bids]
The Transatlantic Move by Keoki (CD, Oct-1996, Moonshine Music) US $2.99 Buy It Now 23h 50m
Stray - Move It UK 1974 Transatlantic LP Die-Cut Cover US $8.09 [0 bids]
THE DUBLINERS Self Titled Rare 1964 Folk LP With Luke Kelly Transatlantic TRA116 US $25.00 [0 bids]
BERT JANSCH "THE BERT JANSCH SAMPLER"1969 UK TRANSATLANTIC LP US $6.47 [0 bids]
BERT JANSCH & JOHN RENBOURN 1966 UK TRANSATLANTIC LP US $6.81 [2 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-LIVE IN AMERICA-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD I19 zd US $38.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Richard Digance - How the West Was Lost (Transatlantic TRA 289) (UK) (M. Chapman US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Richard Digance - In Concert "Live" (Transatlantic SAM 35) (UK) ('75) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Richard Digance - Treading the Boards (Transatlantic TRA 306) (UK) ('75) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAY Saturday Morning Pictures LP 1971 UK PROG ROCK Transatlantic Orig TRA248 US $21.06 [0 bids]
VERY RARE GERRY RAFFERTY DEBUT ALBUM "CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK" TRANSATLANTIC NM US $3.23 [0 bids]
Dave Swarbrick - The Transatlantic Anthology / It Suits Me Well - 2 CD US $6.47 [0 bids]
RICHIE HAVENS Electric havens Transatlantic TRA 187 Rare 1969 LP purple / white US $16.20 [0 bids]
JOHN RENBOURN THE HERMIT TRANSATLANTIC UK FIRST PRESS MINT! US $9.99 [0 bids]
JOHN RENBOURN A MAID IN BEDLAM TRANSATLANTIC UK FIRST PRESS MINT! US $9.99 [0 bids]
2014 TRANSATLANTIC BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER JAPAN MINI LP HQ CD US $43.80 Buy It Now 1 day
hear SKIN ALLEY in the midnight hour 1973 SOUL MOD TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RALPH MCTELL streets of london 1972 FOLK TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
hear UNICORN p.f. sloan 1972 UK COUNTRY DAVID GILMOUR TRANSATLANTIC Spain PS 7'' US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE TILSTON an acoustic confusion Original NZ TRANSATLANTIC lp US $24.99 [0 bids]
1980 "NM WAX" Gerry Rafferty Revisited YS-7053-LA Japan Humblebums Transatlantic US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Ping Pong [Digipak] by Glenn Tilbrook (CD, Jun-2004, Compass... US $5.99 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-WHIRLD TOUR 2010-JAPAN MINI LP 3 HQCD K03 US $44.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ALY BAIN / UNGARJAY - TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 1 NEW CD US $27.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Humblebums The New Humblebums Orig UK Transatlantic LP Folk G. Rafferty US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC-LIVE IN EUROPE-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD I19 zd US $38.50 Buy It Now 1 day
RAVEL, MAURICE - TRANSATLANTIC [RAVEL, MAURICE] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $13.43 Buy It Now 1 day
SAIGON KICK-Water CD (1993) Orig.ATLANTIC 92300-2 Super Transatlantic MHR / GLAM US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Sessions 2:vol 1 - Aly Bain New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shippin US $26.62 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC Kaleidoscope 3LP 2CD Box Set 1000 Copies YES ELO Colored Vinyl SS US $97.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Enid Blyton : Here Comes Noddy Again : Vinyl Album : Transatlantic : EB(LC) 4001 US $9.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Ralph McTell : Revisted : Vinyl Album : Transatlantic : TRA 227 US $9.39 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC Live in America VIDEO TAPE BRAND NEW shop stock US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Poster Size Advert 15x12 Stefan Grossman On Transatlantic Records US $19.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Sessions 2, Vol. 2 -- Scottish-Irish-USA Traditional Music CD US $19.49 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC - WHIRLD TOUR 2010: LIVE FROM SHEPHERD'S BUSH EMPIRE, - NEW CD US $20.47 Buy It Now 1 day
WARDELL GRAY Memorial Vol 2 LP Transatlantic EX/EX+ US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
2 by The Dubliners "More of The Hard Stuff" Transatlantic, "Best Of" Major Minor US $18.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Beethoven Sonata No 8 Pathetique Sviatoslav Richter MK / Transatlantic DO 5490 US $19.45 Buy It Now 1 day
CLASSICODISCO ORCHESTRA for elise 7" b/w a la turka (big552) uk transatlantic 19 US $8.09 Buy It Now 1 day
TRA SAM 23: PENTANGLE: HISTORY BOOK: '72 TRANSATLANTIC LP: A1 / B1: VG+/ EX US $21.06 Buy It Now 1 day
THE SADISTA SISTERS Sadista Sisters LP Transatlantic label Lovely copy !! US $22.70 Buy It Now 1 day
EARL 'FATHA' HINES 'Earl 'Fatha' Hines' XTRA/Transatlantic LP US $8.09 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAY-MUDANZAS-TRANSATLANTIC TRA 268 UK 1 2A RARE VG+/VG LP US $34.98 Buy It Now 1 day
STEFAN GROSSMAN guitar instrumentals 1973 UK TRANSATLANTIC STEREO LP US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Sessions - Vol. 1-Transatlantic Sessions [CD New] US $18.19 Buy It Now 1 day
LP JANSCH, BERT - SAMPLER (TRANSATLANTIC TRASAM 10) 1969 BRITISH ORIGINAL ISSUE US $16.13 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC - BRIDGE ACROSS FOREVER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $34.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Folk Box Set ~ NEW 3-CD Set (Oct-2004, Sanctuary Records (UK)) US $40.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Mississippi Fred McDowell IN LONDON VOLUME ONE Transatlantic TRA 194 EX+ US $48.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic - CD album ( featuring members of Marillion / Dream Theater US $11.33 [0 bids]
Paul Robeson - 20 Favourite Songs / Transatlantic Exchange Concert - CD - New US $7.28 [0 bids]
V/A - Transatlantic Vintage Years UK LP 1978 Pentangle Humblebums Bert Jansch US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever [CD New] US $26.73 Buy It Now 2 days
2014 TRANSATLANTIC THE WHIRLWIND JAPAN MINI LP HQ CD US $43.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Im With Cupid: Waxfruit Transatlantic Valentine : Im With Cupid: Waxfruit Transa US $4.47 Buy It Now 2 days
The Pentangle History Book LP Transatlantic ORL8276 1972 Made in Italy US $5.00 [0 bids]
TRANSATLANTIC-KALEIDOSCOPE 3LP/2CD LIMITED EDITION VINYL NEW(IMPORT)OUT OF PRINT US $105.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online Buy TRANSATLANTIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRANSATLANTIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) reviews

Review by King of Loss
5 stars I am still surprised this album has not been reviewed or rated. Even though, this is not another studio album from TransAtlantic, this Roine Stolt version of SMPTe is loved by many. Many consider to be a lot better than the original, with the phrases sounding a bit like Bridge Across Forever mix, rather than the original mix, which actually made SMPTe sound like just another Spock's Beard. Tell you no wrong, this mix is no Spock's Beard album, it is beyond the limits of Neal Morse's journey with his old California mates.

The album kicks off with All of the Above. This song is phenomenal, featuring a 7 part, 31 minutes in length (really, its more or less 27-28 minutes because of Morse and Portnoy's conversation on the Beatles. Interesting, but not really part of the song.

The song kicks off with the instrumental beginnings of Full Moon rising. A real treat, perhaps one of the most memorable, epic beginnings in all of Prog. Amazing, just breathless.

Then comes the Morse edition to everything with October Winds, the Prog is mixed with Morse's great vocal stylings and the gentle vocal barrage comes in. Then it transitions to the awesome Camflouged in Blue, perhaps one of the most catchiest parts of this epic.

Half alive and undying love transitions very light parts along with catchy, Spock's Beard like parts mixed in with some The Flower Kings phrases. The mix really makes this part more melodic and a lot more atmospheric.

Then the song concludes with the reprise of the epic Full Moon Rising. Amazing chorus by Morse and co., the old theme is really much back together and the song of course ends with Portnoy and Morse talking about the Beatles.

One of my all-time favorite songs, if not my favorite song of all time.

We All Need some Light is perhaps my favorite ballad with Neal morse, the recording on here is memorable with the catchy phrase, We All need some Light, is sang over and over again. With great emotion and the beautiful little solo played in the middle can be pretty much bone-chilling at worst. The live version on TransAtlantic- Live in Europe is even better, really emotional and even better than this nevertheless amazing studio version.

Mystery Train is a very much Beatles-esque tune with very unique lyrics and its a good song, perfect to sing along to, however, it is not as good as the other short ballad on this album.

My New World is an amzing Beatles-esque song, that begins and ends with perhaps one of the most catchiest phrases in Prog. I could not help singing along about every single time they play it.

My new world was spinning me around And this is all that i've found My new world was spinning me around And time can be my enemy My new world was spinning me ...

In the middle of the song, very beautiful instrumental parts are played, perfectly matching the mood and the lyrics of the tune. Very relaxed and laid back. This Roine Stolt version is more atmospheric and some of the parts are very reminiscent of the catchiness on Space Revolver.

The album really ends here for me, even though there is another track, which is in fact a Procul Harum cover. (One of my favorite 70s Prog songs). It is of course, produced very well and Morse adds his beautiful voice to it. Very good rendition of the classic song.

Overall, this album is one of the best albums of the new millenium and two songs, My New World and All of the Above, in my opinion, has surpassed some of the wonderful epics of the 70s.

Overall rating: 98%

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#85588) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 03, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Everybody who read my review on the Transatlantic├??├?┬┤s debut album knows very well that I didn├??├?┬┤t enjoy that album very much because it sounded "too much like a Spock├??├?┬┤s Beard work". Well, it meant a muddy production and the fact that only Neil Morse seemed to appear in the final cut (the remaning of his star colleagues sounded like a backing band, nothing more). Well, I chanced upon this record and I decided to give it a shot, even if I didn├??├?┬┤t believe that a new mix would change my point of view, as most of them usually don├??├?┬┤t. But I felt something and, besides, it is ROINE STOLT├??├?┬┤s remixes, so I guess it was the right guy to do something like that.

The results were amazing, to say the least. SMPTe comes across now like a whole new recording, with a much brighter sound,much more energy and with all members being able to be heard equally. I had to pick up my old original CD to listen to it again to be sure. And now I can say without doubt that the RS mixes gave the record something it lacked badly: the right sound. Several new details, subletities, nuances, even some instruments and vocals can now be heard clearly like it was for the first time. I really don├??├?┬┤t know if there were new recordings regarding this release, but boy, does it look like it!! Compared to this version the original CD pales in all aspects. This is specially true for the two epics All Of The Above and My New World, both of them gained a freshness and power only hinted before. We All Need Some Light became even more beautiful and poignant than it already was and the Procol Harum cover (In held (twas) in I) showed many details that make it really stand out. Just listen to the vocals (more vivid and clear) or the guitar solos (now full of life and emotion). Even the weakest track, Mystery Train, improved a lot with the new mix. Now I feel like listening to this record again and again, something that hasn├?┬┤t happened before.

Finally I can say that this band had something special from the get go and I├??├?┬┤m really glad to have this CD. It├??├?┬┤s only a shame it took so long to finally have a quality recording worth the genius of all members involved, but better later than never. If you├??├?┬┤re a newbie to this supergroup, please be sure to get this version of the album instead of the original one. For I have now to change my rating concerning the songs and perfomances of this album: 4.5 stars.

Brilliant work, Roine!!! Thank you very much!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#489739) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 stars this album is absolutely stunning.....its starts off with the epic all of the above...this is one of the best pieces of pro music you will evr here.....the meldies for both vocaland instruments are incredibly memorable, the musicianship is pehnominal....its got all the ingredients.....but the ... (read more)

Report this review (#260992) | Posted by EVE123 | Friday, January 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There are so few reviews of this album but should you know that this one is, so far, a better release of the supergroup. One word...superb! This is far better than the more commercial-oriented mixes released earlier. What really change is the overall sound of the album; A bit less symphonic a ... (read more)

Report this review (#243695) | Posted by Jadittir | Thursday, October 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the first album I listened to from this band. I really love the first track. The lyrics 'innocense and undying love will reign' are beautifully sung by Neal Morse. I've noticed that I've been humming those lines over and over again. The track We all need some light is also a great song ... (read more)

Report this review (#165209) | Posted by Kanda | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes)"