SMPTE (THE ROINE STOLT MIXES)

Transatlantic

Transatlantic SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) album cover

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. All of the Above (30:59)
I) full moon rising
II) october winds
III) camouflaged in blue
IV) half alive
V) undying love
VI) full moon rising (reprise)
2. We all need some Light (5:45)
3. Mystery Train (6:52)
4. My New World (16:16)
5. In held (twas) in I (17:21)

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) lyrics

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) tabs

- Neil Morse / vocals, keyboards, acoustic & electric guitars
- Mike Portnoy / drums, back vocals
- Roine Stolt / vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, mellotron, percussion
- Pete Trewavas / bass, bass pedals, back vocals

CD Radiant Records (2003)
Roine's mixes of Transatlantic's classic first album, 'SMPTe' (2000), are lush, rich, & full of things unheard on the original version.

Thanks to The Miracle for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TRANSATLANTIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) Music

Bridge Across ForeverBridge Across Forever
Metal Blade 2001
Live in EuropeLive in Europe
Metal Blade 2003
Transatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in AmericaTransatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in America
Metal Blade 2006
Metal Blade 2010
Transatlantic: Live in EuropeTransatlantic: Live in Europe
Metal Blade 2003
DVD$17.37
CIRCUS "S/T" UK TRANSATLANTIC TRA 207 1st PRESSING A2; B2 1969 NM/NM MEL COLLINS US $129.43 [8 bids]
37m 52s
THE STORY OF TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS (The UK's Pioneering Folk Label) - 2xCD Album US $6.71 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Wild Turkey: Stealer of Years ~ NEW CD (1999, Transatlantic Records/Castle (UK)) US $15.16 Buy It Now 2h 39m
15'5 & All That Jazz LP Transatlantic TRASAM3 NM/NM 196 US $54.63 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Walton, Cedar Cedar LP Transatlantic PR7519 NM/NM 1968 US $67.24 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Transatlantic Ping Pong Glenn Tilbrook Audio CD US $26.10 Buy It Now 3h 6m
The Pentangle- Basket of Light: Transatlantic records TRA 205 [British Import] US $22.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Ben Christophers-Transatlantic Shooting Stars CD Single, Maxi Excellent US $7.66 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Transatlantic Sessions Various Artists CD US $22.98 Buy It Now 4h 7m
JOHN RENBOURN Sir John a Lot of Original LP TRANSATLANTIC TRA 167 Lp record US $9.99 [0 bids]
Those Pleasant Days: The Transatlantic Anthology by Stefan Grossman (CD, Jan-... US $43.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
JERRY DOUGLAS (DOBRO - TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 4, VOL. 2 [JERRY DOUGLAS - NEW CD US $15.67 Buy It Now 6h
Dave Swarkbrick - Swarkbrick LP 1979 Transatlantic Records US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
ENCHANT - Tug Of War bonus TRANSATLANTIC DREAM THEATER SYMPHONY X SHADOW GALLERY US $3.99 [2 bids]
Whirlwind (Standard Version) Transatlantic Audio CD US $26.44 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Incognito - Transatlantic Rpm [CD New] US $15.16 Buy It Now 7h 6m
BLACK MIKADO ORIGINAL CAST LP TRANSATLANTIC 300 UK PRESS US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Transatlantic Sessions 5, Vol. 3 Jerry Douglas/Aly Bain CD US $15.76 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Stray - 2nd Stray UK vinyl LP album record TRA216 TRANSATLANTIC 1970 US $174.73 Buy It Now 12h 39m
THE IAN CAMPBELL GROUP SAMPLER Volume 2 TRANSATLANTIC 1969 US $15.11 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Transatlantic Shooting Stars, Ben Christophers, Very Good US $1.66 Buy It Now 15h 55m
The Ian Campbell Group Sampler LP UK issue from 1969 on Transatlantic TRA SAM 4 US $5.03 [0 bids]
Pentangle Cruel Sister Transatlantic TRA 228 A-1U/B-1U First UK Press NM LP US $8.39 [1 bids]
Transatlantic sessions 6 CD *Preorder* Celtic Folk US $17.99 Buy It Now 16h 42m
Stefan Grossman Guitar Instrumentals Memphis Jellyroll LP ORIG '73 Transatlantic US $8.39 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Transatlantic Tales Silverman / Zimmermann / Corona Guitar Kva CD US $15.77 Buy It Now 18h 9m
TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 6 CD - NEW RELEASE 2013 US $17.97 Buy It Now 18h 38m
L@@K HARVEY ANDREWS SOMEDAY LP LAM CVR TRANSATLANTIC TRA 329 STEREO 1978 VG+ US $3.34 [0 bids]
A BELLYFUL OF LAUGHS various LP 8 track (pow3013) aussie transatlantic 1982 US $8.39 Buy It Now 19h 28m
The Great Scots Sampler Vol 2 LP Transatlantic TRASAN21 We grade the vinyl 1st a US $29.42 Buy It Now 19h 56m
The Two Ronnies(Vinyl LP)The Best Of-Transatlantic-TRS 116-UK-Ex/Ex US $13.43 Buy It Now 20h 23m
Nico Wayne Toussaint - Transatlantic Live (2004) - Used - Compact Disc US $13.94 Buy It Now 20h 39m
YELLOW MATTER CUSTARD One Night In New York City RARE 2 CD Transatlantic Spock's US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 6m
TransAtlantic Kaleidoscope LPx3/CDx2 USA 89778100197 Radiant Records (2) new US $44.98 [0 bids]
Transatlantic RPM Incognito CD US $13.38 Buy It Now 22h 9m
CHRIS GROOMS sweet gypsy LP 12 track (tra358) uk transatlantic 1978 US $8.39 Buy It Now 22h 55m
CHRISTOPHER JONES no more range to roam LP 10 track (tra503) uk transatlantic 19 US $8.39 Buy It Now 22h 58m
STEFAN GROSSMAN HOT DOGS RARE TRANSATLANTIC RECS *RAGTIME COWBOY *1972 VINYL LP US $19.60 Buy It Now 23h 11m
COUNTRY GAZETTE live LP 14 track (tra291) uk transatlantic 1975 US $8.39 Buy It Now 23h 19m
GERRY RAFFERTY SELF TITLED 1974 TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS LP *NEAR MINT COLLECTABLE US $16.56 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PENTANGLE LP ITALY Transatlantic 1968 Folk Bert Jansch STUNNING UNPLAYED!! US $79.99 [0 bids]
Transatlantic "SMPTe" CD Stolt Morse Portnoy Trewavas **Free Shipping** US $19.99 [0 bids]
Transatlantic "Bridge Across Forever" CD Morse Portnoy Stolt **Free Shipping** US $19.99 [0 bids]
Transatlantic "The Whirlwind" [Digipak] Special Edition 2 CD's **Free Shipping** US $17.99 [0 bids]
DUBLINERS best of LP 12 track reissue (trs105) uk transatlantic 1981 US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
15'5 AND ALL THAT: TRANSATLANTIC JAZZ SAMPLER: EXE/NRMT US $25.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Sessions 4, Vol. 2 Aly Bain/Jerry Douglas CD US $17.27 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PENTANGLE Basket of Light Vinyl LP Transatlantic TRA205 1969 A1/B1 US $50.41 Buy It Now 1 day
ERROL DIXON thats how you got killed LP 12 track (tra225) uk transatlantic 1970 US $27.89 Buy It Now 1 day
RICHARD DIGANCE England's Green & Pleasant Land +insert TRANSATLANTIC 1974 UK US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
EXCITING WORLD OF TRANSATLANTIC various LP 12 track with insert featuring stray, US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
The Pentangle History Book LP Transatlantic ORL8276 1972 Made in Italy US $5.00 [0 bids]
GRYPHON First UK Transatlantic LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic JAPAN 4 titles Mini LP HQCD(+DVD) + PROMO Kaleidoscope BOX SET US $219.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Transatlantic Move - Keoki (CD 1996) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Tilbrook, Glenn Transatlantic Ping Pong CD US $9.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Billy Connolly The Transatlantic Years Comedy 2 CD US $23.34 Buy It Now 1 day
INCOGNITO: TRANSATLANTIC R.P.M. NEW CD 2010 US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic The Vintage Years Volume One Pentangle Johnstons Bert Jansch + LP US $7.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Ullmann/Dahlgren/Thomas - Transatlantic Bassx3 [CD New] US $14.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Sessions, Series 4, Vol. 2 US $22.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Bain,Aly & Jerry Douglas - Vol. 1-Transatlantic Sessions 5 [CD New] US $17.59 Buy It Now 1 day
WOODY GUTHRIE-TRANSATLANTIC XTRA UK MONO FOLK LP-NICE US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMMY DAWKINS 'TRANSATLANTIC 770' UK LP US $30.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Pentangle/Basket Of Light.1969 UK Transatlantic VG Original LP. US $21.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope - 506710 US $55.30 Buy It Now 1 day
"Another Monday" John Renbourn / Transatlantic Records 1967 / Catalog #TRA 149 US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Shuttlecock by Super TransAtlantic (CD, Apr-2000) Rare OOP! Saigon Kick US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Carolanne Pegg - Same 1973 UK LP TRANSATLANTIC US $68.92 [5 bids]
GERRY RAFFERTY ENGLAND IMPORT CD DON'T COUNT ME OUT BEST TRANSATLANTIC YEARS US $9.95 [0 bids]
GRYPHON - GRYPHON THE ALBUM - TRANSATLANTIC TRA 262 - GATEFOLD LP US $8.32 [0 bids]
Nic Jones - From The Devil To A Stranger 1978 UK LP TRANSATLANTIC US $89.04 [11 bids]
RALPH MCTELL - STREETS OF LONDON - TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS REISSUE IN NR EX CON US $8.39 [0 bids]
UK Mint LP PETE BANKS/ADRIAN LEGG Guitar Workshop Vol.2 Transatlantic TRA 315 US $29.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Sweeny's Men - The Tracks of Sweeney 1969 UK LP TRANSATLANTIC US $14.30 [3 bids]
CASSETTE: VARIOUS Great transatlantic No1's 60's POP Troggs Unit 4+2 US $4.19 Buy It Now 2 days
EX/EX- !! Simon Boswell/The Mind Parasites/1976 Transatlantic LP US $55.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Freedom Train And The Welsh Transatlantic Concert, Robeson, Paul, Good Live US $8.48 Buy It Now 2 days
YELLOW MATTER CUSTARD One Night In New York City RARE 2 CD Transatlantic Spock's US $13.19 [1 bids]
Vol. 3-Transatlantic Sessions - Transatlantic Sessions (2010, CD New) US $13.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Vol. 1-Transatlantic Sessions 5 - Bain,Aly & Jerry Douglas (2012, CD New) US $14.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Victor Feldman Four Classic Albums (Transatlantic Alliance / Vict CD NEW US $8.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Transatlantic Hugues Aufray CD US $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Transatlantic Move by Various US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Pentangle/"Travlin' Song"/"Mirage"/ Acid Folk from '68 on Transatlantic/ VG+ US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SILLY WIZARD - SELF TITLED 1976 UK LP A1/B1 - EXCELLENT - TRANSATLANTIC US $4.99 [0 bids]
Picture Rags Ragtime played on the Guitar Vinyl LP Transatlantic Label TRASAM26 US $25.20 Buy It Now 2 days
'THE ORIGINAL TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS: VOLUME 3' CD US $20.99 Buy It Now 2 days
'THE ORIGINAL TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS: VOLUME 2' CD US $20.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kaleidoscope by Transatlantic US $25.28 Buy It Now 2 days
THE PARLOUR QUARTET,SELF TITLED LP ON TRANSATLANTIC,XTRA,,XTRA 1159,FULLY SIGNED US $8.39 [0 bids]
NEAL MORSE- So Many Roads LIVE 3-CD (NEW 2009) Spocks Beard/Transatlantic/Solo US $16.04 Buy It Now 2 days
INCOGNITO - TRANSATLANTIC RPM - DOMECD306 US $21.04 Buy It Now 2 days
BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BRASS BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE - 7" VINYL 1976 TRANSATLANTIC US $5.36 Buy It Now 2 days
BRAHMS, JOHANNES - THE TRANSATLANTIC TRIO - NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 2 days
LP GRYPHON MIDNIGHT MUSHRUMPS 1974 TRANSATLANTIC ( UK PRESSING ) NM PROG ROCK US $59.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Bert Jansch, Jack Orion Vinyl LP (Transatlantic TRA 143), UK 1966 US $23.50 [3 bids]
JOHN RENBOURN A Maid In Bedlam LP on TRANSATLANTIC UK PRESS RARE FOLK PSYCH VG+ US $7.99 [0 bids]
GEBHARD ULLMANN / CHRIS / THOMAS DAHLGREN - TRANSATLANTIC BASSX3 NEW CD US $23.88 Buy It Now 2 days
VARIOUS - VINTAGE YEARS VOL 3 TRANSATLANTIC BEST OF ENGLISH FOLK = LIBRARY COPY US $5.04 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online Buy TRANSATLANTIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRANSATLANTIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) reviews

Review by King of Loss
5 stars I am still surprised this album has not been reviewed or rated. Even though, this is not another studio album from TransAtlantic, this Roine Stolt version of SMPTe is loved by many. Many consider to be a lot better than the original, with the phrases sounding a bit like Bridge Across Forever mix, rather than the original mix, which actually made SMPTe sound like just another Spock's Beard. Tell you no wrong, this mix is no Spock's Beard album, it is beyond the limits of Neal Morse's journey with his old California mates.

The album kicks off with All of the Above. This song is phenomenal, featuring a 7 part, 31 minutes in length (really, its more or less 27-28 minutes because of Morse and Portnoy's conversation on the Beatles. Interesting, but not really part of the song.

The song kicks off with the instrumental beginnings of Full Moon rising. A real treat, perhaps one of the most memorable, epic beginnings in all of Prog. Amazing, just breathless.

Then comes the Morse edition to everything with October Winds, the Prog is mixed with Morse's great vocal stylings and the gentle vocal barrage comes in. Then it transitions to the awesome Camflouged in Blue, perhaps one of the most catchiest parts of this epic.

Half alive and undying love transitions very light parts along with catchy, Spock's Beard like parts mixed in with some The Flower Kings phrases. The mix really makes this part more melodic and a lot more atmospheric.

Then the song concludes with the reprise of the epic Full Moon Rising. Amazing chorus by Morse and co., the old theme is really much back together and the song of course ends with Portnoy and Morse talking about the Beatles.

One of my all-time favorite songs, if not my favorite song of all time.

We All Need some Light is perhaps my favorite ballad with Neal morse, the recording on here is memorable with the catchy phrase, We All need some Light, is sang over and over again. With great emotion and the beautiful little solo played in the middle can be pretty much bone-chilling at worst. The live version on TransAtlantic- Live in Europe is even better, really emotional and even better than this nevertheless amazing studio version.

Mystery Train is a very much Beatles-esque tune with very unique lyrics and its a good song, perfect to sing along to, however, it is not as good as the other short ballad on this album.

My New World is an amzing Beatles-esque song, that begins and ends with perhaps one of the most catchiest phrases in Prog. I could not help singing along about every single time they play it.

My new world was spinning me around And this is all that i've found My new world was spinning me around And time can be my enemy My new world was spinning me ...

In the middle of the song, very beautiful instrumental parts are played, perfectly matching the mood and the lyrics of the tune. Very relaxed and laid back. This Roine Stolt version is more atmospheric and some of the parts are very reminiscent of the catchiness on Space Revolver.

The album really ends here for me, even though there is another track, which is in fact a Procul Harum cover. (One of my favorite 70s Prog songs). It is of course, produced very well and Morse adds his beautiful voice to it. Very good rendition of the classic song.

Overall, this album is one of the best albums of the new millenium and two songs, My New World and All of the Above, in my opinion, has surpassed some of the wonderful epics of the 70s.

Overall rating: 98%

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#85588) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 03, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Everybody who read my review on the Transatlantic├??├?┬┤s debut album knows very well that I didn├??├?┬┤t enjoy that album very much because it sounded "too much like a Spock├??├?┬┤s Beard work". Well, it meant a muddy production and the fact that only Neil Morse seemed to appear in the final cut (the remaning of his star colleagues sounded like a backing band, nothing more). Well, I chanced upon this record and I decided to give it a shot, even if I didn├??├?┬┤t believe that a new mix would change my point of view, as most of them usually don├??├?┬┤t. But I felt something and, besides, it is ROINE STOLT├??├?┬┤s remixes, so I guess it was the right guy to do something like that.

The results were amazing, to say the least. SMPTe comes across now like a whole new recording, with a much brighter sound,much more energy and with all members being able to be heard equally. I had to pick up my old original CD to listen to it again to be sure. And now I can say without doubt that the RS mixes gave the record something it lacked badly: the right sound. Several new details, subletities, nuances, even some instruments and vocals can now be heard clearly like it was for the first time. I really don├??├?┬┤t know if there were new recordings regarding this release, but boy, does it look like it!! Compared to this version the original CD pales in all aspects. This is specially true for the two epics All Of The Above and My New World, both of them gained a freshness and power only hinted before. We All Need Some Light became even more beautiful and poignant than it already was and the Procol Harum cover (In held (twas) in I) showed many details that make it really stand out. Just listen to the vocals (more vivid and clear) or the guitar solos (now full of life and emotion). Even the weakest track, Mystery Train, improved a lot with the new mix. Now I feel like listening to this record again and again, something that hasn├?┬┤t happened before.

Finally I can say that this band had something special from the get go and I├??├?┬┤m really glad to have this CD. It├??├?┬┤s only a shame it took so long to finally have a quality recording worth the genius of all members involved, but better later than never. If you├??├?┬┤re a newbie to this supergroup, please be sure to get this version of the album instead of the original one. For I have now to change my rating concerning the songs and perfomances of this album: 4.5 stars.

Brilliant work, Roine!!! Thank you very much!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#489739) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 stars this album is absolutely stunning.....its starts off with the epic all of the above...this is one of the best pieces of pro music you will evr here.....the meldies for both vocaland instruments are incredibly memorable, the musicianship is pehnominal....its got all the ingredients.....but the ... (read more)

Report this review (#260992) | Posted by EVE123 | Friday, January 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There are so few reviews of this album but should you know that this one is, so far, a better release of the supergroup. One word...superb! This is far better than the more commercial-oriented mixes released earlier. What really change is the overall sound of the album; A bit less symphonic a ... (read more)

Report this review (#243695) | Posted by Jadittir | Thursday, October 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the first album I listened to from this band. I really love the first track. The lyrics 'innocense and undying love will reign' are beautifully sung by Neal Morse. I've noticed that I've been humming those lines over and over again. The track We all need some light is also a great song ... (read more)

Report this review (#165209) | Posted by Kanda | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes)"