SMPTE (THE ROINE STOLT MIXES)

Transatlantic

Transatlantic SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) album cover

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy TRANSATLANTIC Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. All of the Above (30:59)
I) full moon rising
II) october winds
III) camouflaged in blue
IV) half alive
V) undying love
VI) full moon rising (reprise)
2. We all need some Light (5:45)
3. Mystery Train (6:52)
4. My New World (16:16)
5. In held (twas) in I (17:21)

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) lyrics

Search TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) tabs

- Neil Morse / vocals, keyboards, acoustic & electric guitars
- Mike Portnoy / drums, back vocals
- Roine Stolt / vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, mellotron, percussion
- Pete Trewavas / bass, bass pedals, back vocals

CD Radiant Records (2003)
Roine's mixes of Transatlantic's classic first album, 'SMPTe' (2000), are lush, rich, & full of things unheard on the original version.

Thanks to The Miracle for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TRANSATLANTIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) Music

DVD$15.93
More Never Is EnoughMore Never Is Enough
Box set
Metal Blade 2011
Transatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in AmericaTransatlantic: Building the Bridge/Live in America
Multiple Formats
Metal Blade 2006
DVD$15.83
Whirld Tour 2010: Live in LondonWhirld Tour 2010: Live in London
Metal Blade 2010
Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band - Floral Dance 7" 1976 Ex Transatlantic BIG548 US $5.89 Buy It Now 36m 59s
'TRANSATLANTIC SESSIONS 4: VOLUME 1' CD US $21.93 Buy It Now 45m 33s
Billy Connolly(Vinyl LP)Words & Music-Transatlantic-TRA SAM32-UK-VG/VG US $11.80 Buy It Now 47m 14s
JIMMY DAWKINS 'TRANSATLANTIC 770' UK LP US $33.75 Buy It Now 1h
STEFAN GROSSMAN 'YAZOO BASIN BLUES' UK LP TRANSATLANTIC MONO A1/B1 US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 6m
STEFAN GROSSMAN 'HOT DOGS' UK LP TRANSATLANTIC US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 6m
STEFAN GROSSMAN 'ANTHOLOGY' UK LP TRANSATLANTIC US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 6m
FINBAR & EDDIE FUREY The Lonesome Boatman Transatlantic 1969 UK LP US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 53m
DAVE SWARBRICK Swarbrick Ex Transatlantic 1976 UK LP US $13.49 Buy It Now 1h 53m
IAN CAMPBELL FOLK GROUP Contemporary Campbells Transatlantic '65 LP US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 53m
THE JOHNSTONS Sampler Transatlantic 1970 UK LP US $10.11 Buy It Now 1h 53m
BERT JANSCH Self Titled Debut LP Demon Transatlantic Folk NM US $19.99 [4 bids]
MAE MCKENNA s/t LP 12 track sticker tear on the sleeve (tra297) uk transatlantic US $13.73 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Billy Connolly(Vinyl LP)Anthology-Transatlantic-MTRA 2008-UK-VG/VG US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band(7" Vinyl)The Floral Dance-Transatlantic-BIG 548- US $5.05 Buy It Now 2h 49m
TRANSATLANTIC - KALEIDOSCOPE (039841527827) - NEW CD US $10.72 Buy It Now 2h 58m
EX/EX- !! The Young Tradition/Galleries/1968 Transatlantic LP US $55.71 Buy It Now 4h 27m
BOYS OF THE LOUGH ~ LOCHABER NO MORE ~ 1975 UK LP RECORD ~ TRANSATLANTIC TRA 311 US $10.13 Buy It Now 6h 37m
THE HUMBLEBUMS s/t 1972 GERRY RAFFERTY BILLY CONNOLLY TRANSATLANTIC Spain LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Dickens of London music from Yorkshire TV Series 1976 LP Transatlantic TRA 330 US $8.42 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Dave Swarbrick 2 LP IMPORT 1977 COPY From The UK TRANSATLANTIC RECORDS TRA 341 US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 58m
John Renbourn "Faro Annie" LP Transatlantic TRA 247 UK 1971--Pentangle EX/EX US $5.99 [0 bids]
Douglas,Jerry & Aly Bain - Vol. 1-Transatlantic Sessions 3 [CD New] US $21.80 Buy It Now 8h 17m
TRANSATLANTIC SAMPLER - 8 Track LTD NUMBER 4543 TRACD102 (CD 1994) MINT- US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 50m
Aufray,Hugues - Transatlantic [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Billy Connolly Live! Original UK Transatlantic Comedy Brit Folk 1972 Live US $9.99 [0 bids]
YOUNG TRADITION Galleries Revisited UK 1973 FOLK LP on TRANSATLANTIC M- US $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
THE HUMBLEBUMS - SHOESHINE BOY / MY APARTMENT -TRANSATLANTIC 1ST PRESS EX+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 25m
SPECIAL DISCO IMPORT METRO TRANSATLANTIC 12" LP 33 TRA 340 US $16.99 [0 bids]
SUPER TRANSATLANTIC-SHUTTLECOCK 2TRK PROMO CD CS390 US $0.99 [0 bids]
SUPER TRANSATLANTIC-SUPER DOWN 1TRK PROMO CD CS390 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Stefan Grossman - Live ( 2 Lp - Transatlantic - VG++ / Excellent - UK ) US $15.99 Buy It Now 13h 37m
Transatlantic BassX3 New Sealed US $14.99 [0 bids]
Transatlantic JAPAN 4 titles Mini LP HQCD(+DVD) + PROMO Kaleidoscope BOX SET US $219.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
SMPTe by Transatlantic (CD, Apr-2000, Metal Blade) US $13.33 Buy It Now 14h 48m
The Whirlwind [Digipak] by Transatlantic (CD, Oct-2009, 2 Discs, Radiant... US $15.01 Buy It Now 14h 48m
Richard Digance - Live LP NM- UK Transatlantic TRA SAM 35 US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 6m
Various, The Transatlantic Move Audio CD US $4.06 Buy It Now 15h 25m
John Renbourn - The Transatlantic Anthology UK 2CD NEW 2000 Castle 34-track US $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Bridge Across Forever by Transatlantic (CD, Oct-2001, Metal Blade) US $9.84 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Transatlantic Sessions: Series 5, Vol. 1 by Jerry Douglas (Dobro)/Aly Bain... US $38.63 Buy It Now 15h 52m
RALPH MCTELL my side of your window TRA 209 uk transatlantic LP PS EX/EX the US $15.18 Buy It Now 21h 5m
MARCEL DADI la guitare a dadi TRA 295 A1/B1 1st uk transatlantic LP PS EX/EX US $28.94 Buy It Now 21h 9m
The John Renbourn Sampler, Transatlantic Records TRA SAM20 Ex Condition Vinyl US $16.87 Buy It Now 22h 19m
FINBAR AND EDDIE FURY The Lonesome Boatman LP Transatlantic NEAR-MINT !! US $27.01 [0 bids]
BRIGHOUSE & RASTRICK BRASS BAND - THE FLORAL DANCE - 7" VINYL 1976 TRANSATLANTIC US $5.55 Buy It Now 23h 28m
THE BLACK MIKADO - ORIGINAL UK LP on TRANSATLANTIC US $20.00 Buy It Now 23h 43m
UK press 1970 PETER BARDENS Vintage '69 LP Transatlantic TRASAM36 CAMEL US $35.99 Buy It Now 23h 50m
RALPH McTELL . REVISITED. 1970 TRANSATLANTIC. FOLK ROCK US $16.87 Buy It Now 1 day
EX/EX !! John Renbourn/Faro Annie/1971 Transatlantic LP/Pentangle US $74.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Billy Connolly(Vinyl LP)The Big Yin-UK-TRA SAM 38-Transatlantic- US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NING KAM / PRESLAND - TRANSATLANTIC NEW CD US $20.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Prokofiev(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.3-MK/Transatlantic---Russia-VG/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RALPH McTELL Revisited Transatlantic TRA 227 Classic folk rock album from 1970 US $16.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Prokofiev(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.3-Transatlantic-DO 8271-Russia-VG/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Iris CD Crossing The Desert Marillion Dream Theater Yes Rush Transatlantic US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic - SMPTe promo cd (marillion / spock's beard / flower kings ) US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CONTRABAND SELF TITLED 1974 VINYL LP CLASSIC TRANSATLANTIC ALBUM+ INSERT* NMINT US $16.80 Buy It Now 1 day
gerry rafferty - transatlantic - BA3061 - can i have my money back US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER BARDENS 'SELF TITLED ALBUM', 1971 UK TRANSATLANTIC VINYL LP SUPERB EXAMPLE US $50.65 [0 bids]
BEST OF SCOTTISH FOLK. TRANSATLANTIC.1978. N/M COMP.LP US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
CD/DVD AUDIO-The Dubliners The definitive transatlantic collection US $8.99 [0 bids]
LP-Bert Jansch-Anthology "78 UK comp on Transatlantic Folk US $14.99 [0 bids]
Frances Black and Kieran Goss UK Import 16 Songs not 13 Transatlantic Celtic US $9.99 [0 bids]
EX/EX !! The Johnstons/Give A Damn/1969 Transatlantic LP US $55.71 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC Kaleidoscope JAPAN MINI LP HQ CD + DVD US $55.80 Buy It Now 1 day
FINBAR FUREY / TRADITIONAL IRISH PIPE MUSIC ~ UK Transatlantic LP ~ NEAR MINT US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Whirlwind, Transatlantic, New US $20.89 Buy It Now 1 day
RON GEESIN DEBUT ORIGINAL LP TRANSATLANTIC-UK PSYCH-EXPERIMENTAL-NWW-ELECTRONIC! US $110.00 Buy It Now 1 day
New sealed Long Roads by Four Men & A Dog CD, Album 1996, Transatlantic Records US $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Brighous & Rastrick Brass Band - The Floral Dance 7" 1976 Ex Transatlantic US $6.74 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC FOLK BOX 3 CD PENTANGLE MR FOX DECAMERON US $12.99 [0 bids]
BERNARD WRIGLEY.'Songs,Stories & Elephants'.Orig 1976 Ex+ UK 'Transatlantic' Lp US $15.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Zodiac Ensemble - It's A Mean Season For Silver Linings [CD New] US $21.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PENTANGLE LP ITALY Transatlantic 1968 Folk Bert Jansch STUNNING UNPLAYED!! US $79.99 [0 bids]
THE OATH Transatlantic Thrash Terror LP Color Wax NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Unknown Artist Transatlantic Piano CD US $7.55 Buy It Now 1 day
LP Cartwright, Dave "Don't Let Your Family Down" TRANSATLANTIC TRA 284 + LYRICS US $42.19 Buy It Now 1 day
LP Connolly, Billy "Words & Music" TRANSATLANTIC TRA SAM 32 Nae For Your Wellies US $20.24 Buy It Now 1 day
LP Contraband "Contraband" TRANSATLANTIC TRA 278 - Rattlin' Roarin' Willie etc US $20.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Jerry Douglas & Ali Bain - Transatlantic Sess 4 vol US $14.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Transatlantic Move, Various, Very Good US $3.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band(7" Vinyl)The Floral Dance-Transatlantic-BIG 548- US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Enid Blyton : Here Comes Noddy Again : Vinyl Album : Transatlantic : EB(LC) 4001 US $11.46 Buy It Now 1 day
John Renbourn(Vinyl LP)Sir John Alot Of-Transatlantic-TRA 167-UK-VG/VG+ US $30.37 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC - THE VINTAGE YEARS UK LP Folk US $13.49 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHNSTONS sampler LP 10 track (trasam16) uk transatlantic 1970 US $15.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Ralph McTell : Revisted : Vinyl Album : Transatlantic : TRA 227 US $9.78 Buy It Now 2 days
GRYPHON Self Titled ~ RARE! 1973 UK Transatlantic Records First Pressing LP US $73.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Big Country Non! UK CD single (CD5 / 5") TRAX1016 TRANSATLANTIC 1995 US $18.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Billy Connolly(Vinyl LP)The Big Yin-UK- TRA SAM 38-Transatlantic-Ex/VG US $13.49 Buy It Now 2 days
John Renbourn Another Monday vinyl LP album record UK TRA149 TRANSATLANTIC US $65.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Pal Shazar(CD Single)Penny For Your Thoughts-Transatlantic-TRAP1013-Very Good US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Decameron(CD Album)Third Light-Sanctuary/Transatlantic-TACD 9.00752-Germany US $52.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Decameron(CD Album)Tomorrow's Pantomine-Transatlantic-TACD 9.00775-Germany-New US $71.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Humblebums(CD Album)First Collection Of Merry Melodies-Transatlantic-TACD 9. US $56.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rachmaninov(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.1-MK / Transatlantic--UK-Ex/VG US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rachmaninov(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.1-MK/ Transatlantic--UK-VG/VG US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Borodin(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.1-Transatlantic / MK-DO 7661-Russia-VG/Ex US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EX !! The Ian Campbell Folk Group/Across The Hills/1964 Transatlantic LP US $37.14 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy TRANSATLANTIC music online Buy TRANSATLANTIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRANSATLANTIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) ratings distribution

TRANSATLANTIC SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes) reviews

Review by King of Loss
5 stars I am still surprised this album has not been reviewed or rated. Even though, this is not another studio album from TransAtlantic, this Roine Stolt version of SMPTe is loved by many. Many consider to be a lot better than the original, with the phrases sounding a bit like Bridge Across Forever mix, rather than the original mix, which actually made SMPTe sound like just another Spock's Beard. Tell you no wrong, this mix is no Spock's Beard album, it is beyond the limits of Neal Morse's journey with his old California mates.

The album kicks off with All of the Above. This song is phenomenal, featuring a 7 part, 31 minutes in length (really, its more or less 27-28 minutes because of Morse and Portnoy's conversation on the Beatles. Interesting, but not really part of the song.

The song kicks off with the instrumental beginnings of Full Moon rising. A real treat, perhaps one of the most memorable, epic beginnings in all of Prog. Amazing, just breathless.

Then comes the Morse edition to everything with October Winds, the Prog is mixed with Morse's great vocal stylings and the gentle vocal barrage comes in. Then it transitions to the awesome Camflouged in Blue, perhaps one of the most catchiest parts of this epic.

Half alive and undying love transitions very light parts along with catchy, Spock's Beard like parts mixed in with some The Flower Kings phrases. The mix really makes this part more melodic and a lot more atmospheric.

Then the song concludes with the reprise of the epic Full Moon Rising. Amazing chorus by Morse and co., the old theme is really much back together and the song of course ends with Portnoy and Morse talking about the Beatles.

One of my all-time favorite songs, if not my favorite song of all time.

We All Need some Light is perhaps my favorite ballad with Neal morse, the recording on here is memorable with the catchy phrase, We All need some Light, is sang over and over again. With great emotion and the beautiful little solo played in the middle can be pretty much bone-chilling at worst. The live version on TransAtlantic- Live in Europe is even better, really emotional and even better than this nevertheless amazing studio version.

Mystery Train is a very much Beatles-esque tune with very unique lyrics and its a good song, perfect to sing along to, however, it is not as good as the other short ballad on this album.

My New World is an amzing Beatles-esque song, that begins and ends with perhaps one of the most catchiest phrases in Prog. I could not help singing along about every single time they play it.

My new world was spinning me around And this is all that i've found My new world was spinning me around And time can be my enemy My new world was spinning me ...

In the middle of the song, very beautiful instrumental parts are played, perfectly matching the mood and the lyrics of the tune. Very relaxed and laid back. This Roine Stolt version is more atmospheric and some of the parts are very reminiscent of the catchiness on Space Revolver.

The album really ends here for me, even though there is another track, which is in fact a Procul Harum cover. (One of my favorite 70s Prog songs). It is of course, produced very well and Morse adds his beautiful voice to it. Very good rendition of the classic song.

Overall, this album is one of the best albums of the new millenium and two songs, My New World and All of the Above, in my opinion, has surpassed some of the wonderful epics of the 70s.

Overall rating: 98%

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#85588) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 03, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Everybody who read my review on the Transatlantic├??├?┬┤s debut album knows very well that I didn├??├?┬┤t enjoy that album very much because it sounded "too much like a Spock├??├?┬┤s Beard work". Well, it meant a muddy production and the fact that only Neil Morse seemed to appear in the final cut (the remaning of his star colleagues sounded like a backing band, nothing more). Well, I chanced upon this record and I decided to give it a shot, even if I didn├??├?┬┤t believe that a new mix would change my point of view, as most of them usually don├??├?┬┤t. But I felt something and, besides, it is ROINE STOLT├??├?┬┤s remixes, so I guess it was the right guy to do something like that.

The results were amazing, to say the least. SMPTe comes across now like a whole new recording, with a much brighter sound,much more energy and with all members being able to be heard equally. I had to pick up my old original CD to listen to it again to be sure. And now I can say without doubt that the RS mixes gave the record something it lacked badly: the right sound. Several new details, subletities, nuances, even some instruments and vocals can now be heard clearly like it was for the first time. I really don├??├?┬┤t know if there were new recordings regarding this release, but boy, does it look like it!! Compared to this version the original CD pales in all aspects. This is specially true for the two epics All Of The Above and My New World, both of them gained a freshness and power only hinted before. We All Need Some Light became even more beautiful and poignant than it already was and the Procol Harum cover (In held (twas) in I) showed many details that make it really stand out. Just listen to the vocals (more vivid and clear) or the guitar solos (now full of life and emotion). Even the weakest track, Mystery Train, improved a lot with the new mix. Now I feel like listening to this record again and again, something that hasn├?┬┤t happened before.

Finally I can say that this band had something special from the get go and I├??├?┬┤m really glad to have this CD. It├??├?┬┤s only a shame it took so long to finally have a quality recording worth the genius of all members involved, but better later than never. If you├??├?┬┤re a newbie to this supergroup, please be sure to get this version of the album instead of the original one. For I have now to change my rating concerning the songs and perfomances of this album: 4.5 stars.

Brilliant work, Roine!!! Thank you very much!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#489739) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 stars this album is absolutely stunning.....its starts off with the epic all of the above...this is one of the best pieces of pro music you will evr here.....the meldies for both vocaland instruments are incredibly memorable, the musicianship is pehnominal....its got all the ingredients.....but the ... (read more)

Report this review (#260992) | Posted by EVE123 | Friday, January 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There are so few reviews of this album but should you know that this one is, so far, a better release of the supergroup. One word...superb! This is far better than the more commercial-oriented mixes released earlier. What really change is the overall sound of the album; A bit less symphonic a ... (read more)

Report this review (#243695) | Posted by Jadittir | Thursday, October 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the first album I listened to from this band. I really love the first track. The lyrics 'innocense and undying love will reign' are beautifully sung by Neal Morse. I've noticed that I've been humming those lines over and over again. The track We all need some light is also a great song ... (read more)

Report this review (#165209) | Posted by Kanda | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRANSATLANTIC "SMPTe (The Roine Stolt Mixes)"