CHIMERA

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Periscope (6:11)
2. In the end (4:58)
3. The hidden riddle (5:51)
4. Going under (6:27)
5. The cage of me (7:08)
6. No guidelines (6:23)
7. Inner circle (7:03)
8. Iskenderun (5:30)
9. Blink of an eye (12:29)
10. Chameleon carnival - Live! (5:12)

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars
- Fabian Gustavsson / bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Martin Hedin / keyboards

21th of January 2006 Chimera is out in Japan.
27th of March 2006 in France.

Thanks to Vaiccoco for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA Chimera Music

The Immunity ZoneThe Immunity Zone
Nightmare Records 2008
II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Playing Off The Board (Ltd. Edition)Playing Off The Board (Ltd. Edition)
Import · Limited Edition
Metal Mind Poland 2007
DVD$12.50
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Bum Bum [CD New] US $14.54 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Bum Bum Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra CD US $14.88 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Farewell Andromeda John Denver 1974 RCA Records Country Folk Music cassette tape US $7.95 Buy It Now 8h 37m
JOHN DENVER 8 Track Cassettes UNTESTED Farewell Andromeda Aerie An Evening W/JD US $18.00 Buy It Now 9h 13m
The Andromeda Strain Orig hexagon KRS5513 kapp gil melle Mellé silver OST '71 LP US $299.00 Buy It Now 13h 22m
JOHN DENVER (Two Vintage Original albums) BACK HOME AGAIN and FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $31.00 [0 bids]
VISIONS - Mission Andromeda (SEALED) PRIVATE PROG AOR PSYCH RARE 1980's US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOCTOR'S CAT andromeda ITALO DISCO 12" maxi LISTEN US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
John Denver Farewell Andromeda APL0101 R VG C VG (LP-12041) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDROMEDA .. SEVEN LONELY STREET.. J. DU CANN SIGNED .. REFLECTION. FIRST press US $79.00 [0 bids]
Of Graves and Gods - Slit Throat Andromeda CD US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda Manifest Tyranny CD NEW US $15.17 Buy It Now 1 day
John Denver Farewell Andromeda SEALED RCA 1973/1975 APL1-0101 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Bum Bum CD US $17.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Bum Bum - 7 Track US $6.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda-Definitie Collection UK psych 2 cds 34 tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
8 track tape, John Denver, Farewell Andromeda US $2.50 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - Zlote Przeboje Socjalizmu, cz. 1 (Andromeda/PN, Poland - 2001) POLISH US $5.99 [0 bids]
John Denver Farewell Andromeda vintage vinyl/record/LP~gatefold~FREE US SHIP US $5.51 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER "NM WAX" Farewell Andromeda APL1-0101 LP Z2034 US $5.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda 1973 APL1-0101 LP P3207 US $5.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER "NM WAX" Farewell Andromeda RCA-6158 LP m6743 US $5.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER "NM WAX" Farewell Andromeda RCA-6158 LP Q0707 US $5.99 [0 bids]
DEATH MACHINE S/T Cd Org03 Sensory Dark Promo Zero Hour Cynthesis Andromeda US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Of Graves & Gods,NEW CD,Slit Throat Andromeda US $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Ralph Lundsten & Andromeda All Stars Rendezvous With A Washing Machine 12" Maxi US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
va LOVIN' FIRE 2xLP/Rare UK/European Psych/Early Prog/Pacific Sound/Andromeda/ao US $38.99 Buy It Now 2 days
compilation, The Film Themes, 20 tracks, Andromeda Project US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
mp3 81 DARK COSMIC ELECTRONIC Eugen Thomass "Sound Music 29" like ANDROMEDA-OST US $49.99 [0 bids]
Nucleus Torn Andromeda Waiting CD NEW US $21.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda / Pray Silent Split 7" 45 Genet Vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OF GRAVES AND GODS - Slit Throat Andromeda CD (Metalcore) US $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
PREFAB SPROUT ANDROMEDA HEIGHTS CD 12 TRACK ALBUM, KWCD 30 US $8.72 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRESS ORCHESTRA - TAKE OFF NEW CD US $24.64 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN / Gil Mellé / Rare Intrada CD SEALED US $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRESS ORCHESTRA - BUM BUM NEW VINYL US $45.30 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Farewell Andromeda-SF-836 US $10.91 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER farewell andromeda LP PS EX/EX german NL 85195 US $15.11 Buy It Now 4 days
PANDEMONIUM ANDROMEDA - 1990s OLD SKOOL, HARDCORE, JUNGLE US $16.79 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA "Gazza" UK 1991 US $5.03 Buy It Now 4 days
VINTAGE - 8 TRACK TAPE - JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $1.50 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA**CHIMERA**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA STRAIN idol 12" 3 trks (kill1215) pic sleeve uk kill your television 1 US $8.39 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA STRAIN hope 12" 4 trk in signed pic sleeve b/w cut teeth,soul flower a US $8.39 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda '73 RCA ORIG GATEFOLD ROCK POP LP NMint US $8.15 Buy It Now 4 days
2003 METAL ~ ANDROMEDA ~ II=I ~ RARE PROMO ~ PROMOTIONAL CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
HARRY THUMANN - ANDROMEDA US $14.99 [0 bids]
John Denver Farewell Andromeda 12" Record **UNTESTED** US $5.00 [0 bids]
EARTH & FIRE - Andromeda Girl (CD 1988) 7th album US $9.99 [0 bids]
THREE 0'CLOCK - AQUARIUS ANDROMEDA - BLUE VINYL - LIMITED - BURGER RECORDS US $47.05 Buy It Now 5 days
THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN Gil Melle) OOP Ltd Intrada Score OST Soundtrack CD SEALED! US $58.81 Buy It Now 5 days
earth and fire andromeda girl lp vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Andromeda - EX vinyl LP album record UK 1st SF8031 RCA 1969 Very rare US $100.00 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA Sounds Of Melody 12" US $15.13 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA STRAIN Idol E.P 4 Track CD US $9.24 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda vinyl LP Sound Clip in Listing US $13.45 Buy It Now 5 days
John Denver- Farewell Andromeda- gatefold - free UK post US $13.43 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda Record w/ lyrics US $7.99 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA - BEGINNINGS NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 5 days
PABLO CASLAS, SANDOR VEGH, HORSZOWSKI - BEETHOVEN, ANDROMEDA CD 1994 ITALY US $10.00 [0 bids]
GROOVE ZONE FREQ SENSIENT OMB ANDROMEDA STELLA NUTELLA PROGRESSIVE TRANCE JP OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER "FAREWELL ANDROMEDA" RARE LP RCA USA 1973 US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Lot of 2 John Denver albums "Farewell Andromeda" 1973 US $7.50 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA**II=I**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 5 days
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - SELF TITLED CD US $18.67 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA 1973 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Andromeda - Beginnings 1967-68 [CD New] US $16.63 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA - DEFINITIVE COLLECTION - SJPCD053 US $22.26 Buy It Now 5 days
JANICE PAYSON Jealous Love b/w Andromeda STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP Includes I'd Rather be a Cowboy US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PREFAB SPROUT / ANDROMEDA HEIGHTS JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI +1B/T US $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days
John Denver - Poems Prayers And Promises/Farewell Andromeda (Music CD) US $17.15 Buy It Now 6 days
Aquarius Andromeda - Three O'Clock (2014, Vinyl New) US $19.34 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA The Immunity Zone JAPAN CD New US $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SPOOKY Andromeda LTD 12" 2003 EX VINYL 1 OF ONLY 500 RARE PROGRESSIVE HOUSE US $15.11 Buy It Now 6 days
OF GRAVES AND GODS - Slit Throat Andromeda (CD) SEALED US $5.59 Buy It Now 6 days
Aquarius Andromeda Three O'Clock Vinyl LP US $19.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THREE O CLOCK**AQUARIUS ANDROMEDA**VINYL US $21.50 Buy It Now 6 days
VINTAGE LP ALBUM JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $1.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA STRAIN GIL MELLE FILM SOUNDTRACK HEXAGON MINT VINYL STEREO LP US $159.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JOHN DENVER: Farewell Andromeda LP (reissue, slight corner bend) Rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA**MANIFEST TYRANNY**CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA: Say It Again, I Love You / Winter Song (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Music of Brian Fennelly: A Sprig Of Andromeda/Tesserae II... ~ NEW CD (1997) US $5.21 Buy It Now 6 days
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA - RECORD ALBUM LP VINTAGE VINYL US $0.99 [0 bids]
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - LONGING WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HIDE CD ALBUM US $22.41 Buy It Now 6 days
ASIA Andromeda Japan Laserdisc King Crimson Yes ELP US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA - THE IMMUNITY ZONE, ORG 2008 JAPAN CD + OBI, PROGRESSIVE METAL US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda Record Album US $1.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Original 1973 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda LP ALBUM 12" SF-8369 US $4.25 Buy It Now 6 days
Vladimir Horowitz - The Romantic Era Andromeda: ANDRCD5002 US $21.99 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRE - BUM BUM [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 6 days
Three O'Clock - Aquarius Andromeda [Vinyl New] US $19.98 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA II=I Double LP VINYL " BRAND NEW & SEALED" US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Bum Bum (Music CD) US $31.85 Buy It Now 6 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Take Off (Music CD) US $31.52 Buy It Now 6 days
Nucleus Torn - Andromeda Awaiting [Digipak] (Music CD) US $36.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Haydn M: Andromeda und Perseus US $55.00 Buy It Now 6 days
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA - NEW CD US $3.40 Buy It Now 6 days
Iluzion - Silent Andromeda (Music CD) US $30.79 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA Chimera ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA Chimera reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Well, I only knew the band from their second album which I already reviewed at this site. This new album, in my opinion, is much better than the second one in terms of composition and how the recording is done. The music is very close to power metal than any typical progressive metal. But even though it's pure power metal, I totally disagree with the statement that anything metal is bad. Yeah, rock music has evolved since its inception in late 60s or early seventies. Helloween, a power metal band from Germany pioneered the birth of power metal where rock music was taken with more speed, using double bass pedal drumming with guitar playing like a speed of light. AT first listen I did not favor the kind of power metal music until I was one night hooked with the performance of Kamelot in their excellent album "Karma". So I could enjoy the music of power metal - no matter how fast the tempo is. But most power metal bands create good melody with their music to compensate the speed, I think. So be open with accepting the kind of rock music evolution (or revolution?).

From the opening track "Periscope" (6:11) the band has indicated their musicianship through a keyboard-based power metal music with good melody. Sound mixing is really good so when it moves to second track "In the end" (4:58) it stays coherent with their music style. What surprises me, really, is the use of acoustic guitar style performed in relatively fast speed (hmm it reminds me to the guitar style of Berndt Stredl) at the opening of "The hidden riddle" (5:51). The vocal enters the scene smoothly and brings keyboard solo and music that flows naturally. It's a good track really. I assure you that this track is quite accessible to many ears - slow tempo indeed.

The other tracks are basically a stream of hard rock music with good natural flow from segment to segment, track to track in good melody. Track that really caught my attention is "No guidelines" (6:23) which provides really good structure, composition and melody - and a bit of complexity. All tracks 7-10 starting from "Inner circle" (7:03) until "Chameleon Carnival" are all good tracks. I enjoy all of them.

It's a good album, especially if you like metal music. If you don't, you'd better try it! Metal is good for your health! It has one thing at least: energy!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#73290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 27, 2006

4 stars Three albums into their career and Andromeda still sound as new and fresh as their debut. 'Chimera', Andromeda's third album, may seem like another typical 'by-the-book' Progressive Metal record, but on further listens you can tell this is a band destined for greatness. In fact, in a genre where ... (read more)

Report this review (#243231) | Posted by Valarius | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars They have never been a copy from other bands in progressive music, at least in metal field. Of course they have many influences as any other act but also they have shown album after album and in a sincere way all that passion for music through their songs. In fact, I think that's the key they ha ... (read more)

Report this review (#228097) | Posted by Epsilon | Thursday, July 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars After a great debut and a very dissapointing follow up, this 3rd album is very likeable, it is much more song oriented, less wanky and a lot more focussed than the previous one. I realise a lot of people wont like this approach as there isnt much prog here nor that much intense metal, this releas ... (read more)

Report this review (#220496) | Posted by Moonshield | Wednesday, June 10, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars WELL,more power metal than progresive,.but men!,this albums rocks!,in a very aspect...their create a good song on this one,and the part of the vocals are very well structurated..this guys plays their instruments very good,all of them are excelent..and they have a noise of the virtuosity..im not ... (read more)

Report this review (#127128) | Posted by JgX 5 | Friday, June 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Without a doubt some this band continues making very good things, in this occasion leaving of side a little the II=I sound, in which they show a concept more unified by the excellent programmings, but in this occasion they bring one to us magnifies metal piece progressive in which it is not ne ... (read more)

Report this review (#88640) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hello everyone! As this is my debut review on progarchives. Since I started my journey with music remarkably often Sweden bands gathered my attention. Latest is Andromeda. My very first impression was that I have already heard this style before. Really, guys from Italian band Vision Divin ... (read more)

Report this review (#81654) | Posted by Mush | Wednesday, June 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can say that I have 15 years listening many progressive rock and jazz fussion stuff, and a couple of times trough all these years I´ve lost my mind and my thougts in such inspiring music. every time I hear this album I discover new elements and hidden "treasures". This is a light album com ... (read more)

Report this review (#78538) | Posted by patricio | Wednesday, May 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars If you are expecting the Andromeda of old, you will be disappointed, this album is much more keyed down. There are catchy and more commercial songs it seems. Seems definitely to be slower overall then the previous albums. There are some interesting parts on the album. In The End is a good son ... (read more)

Report this review (#71860) | Posted by | Tuesday, March 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm going to have to agree with the reviewer CGH on this one: these guys have completely withered away from their outstanding debut lbum "Extension of the Wish" and it's a damn shame. This album here is not a whole lot more than normal metal with bit of rock and maybe some lame attempts to soun ... (read more)

Report this review (#71123) | Posted by tymed | Saturday, March 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Swedish has done it again, another masterpiece from Martin Hedin and Johan Reinholdz. While in Denmark, people dealing with cartoon, in Sweden the prog metal is alive. Andromeda got most of the attention with the previous album II=I which was awesome. Andromeda's music was always complex,c ... (read more)

Report this review (#70577) | Posted by | Sunday, February 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This album is absoulty wrong! it's not prog, it's just metal, the bad metal (all the metal is bad, exception exist, in prog metal, but are a few exceptions!) if you linke II=I, maybe you like this, because this is alike II=I, in fact, i think that Andromeda doesn't has another idea, and make the ... (read more)

Report this review (#69866) | Posted by CGH Tompkins | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've now been listening to the album for a longer time and the initial excitement has worn off pretty fast. It has good sides and bad sides, but mainly I think Andromeda have lost their innovativeness. Chimera is much more streamlined than the previous albums, with many songs relying on just one ... (read more)

Report this review (#69845) | Posted by Progzilla | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "Chimera"