CHIMERA

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Periscope (6:11)
2. In the end (4:58)
3. The hidden riddle (5:51)
4. Going under (6:27)
5. The cage of me (7:08)
6. No guidelines (6:23)
7. Inner circle (7:03)
8. Iskenderun (5:30)
9. Blink of an eye (12:29)
10. Chameleon carnival - Live! (5:12)

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars
- Fabian Gustavsson / bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Martin Hedin / keyboards

21th of January 2006 Chimera is out in Japan.
27th of March 2006 in France.

Thanks to Vaiccoco for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA Chimera Music

Manifest TyrannyManifest Tyranny
Inner Wound 2011
Beginnings 1967-1968Beginnings 1967-1968
Angel Air 2007
Lot of 2 John Denver albums "Farewell Andromeda" 1973 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Vera SPINAROVA - Andromeda Czech LP / Funk Psych Prog Beat US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
SPINDRIFT - ANDROMEDA NEW CD US $19.09 Buy It Now 3h 22m
ANDROMEDA STRAIN : Hope EP - Kill City 1994 UK 4-trk CD, Martin Eden/King Rocker US $4.86 Buy It Now 6h 47m
VINYL LP - JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA - SF 8369 US $16.23 Buy It Now 7h 57m
ANDROMEDA/ANDROMEDA - CHIMERA [ANDROMEDA/ANDROMEDA] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 22m
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP 1973 RCA APL1-0101 Gatefold Vinyl Record US $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 36m
ANDROMEDA PSYCH PROG BRIT BRITISH BLACK WIDOW AKARMA 180g LP + 7" LIM 300 ! US $39.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
THE HORSE ANDROMEDA ORIGINAL FOLDOUT US HARD COVER TAPESTRY AKARMA 180 G LP 250 US $44.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
ANDROMEDA - Heart of Darkness - Near Mint Promo 45 rpm US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 24m
Space Gardens - Our Friend Andromeda [CD New] US $8.46 Buy It Now 14h 46m
TRANCE MISSION TO ANDROMEDA - THE SOUND OF THE FUTURE & NOW-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
RALPH LUNDSTEN Nordic Light Andromeda Music AB ACD 15 1993 14track CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 10m
John Denver "Farewell Andromeda" GATEFOLD PROMO LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 40m
ANDROMEDA Say It Again, I Love You promo 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 44m
ANDROMEDA 45 SWEET SWEET BABY / HEART OF DARKNESS SOUL US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h
Stakka & K.Tee ?- Mainline / Andromeda (LIFTIN SPIRIT 17)(DRUM N BASS)(VG+ COND) US $9.73 Buy It Now 19h 4m
John denver : farewell andromeda : Original Record / Album US $3.00 Buy It Now 19h 9m
John Denver-Farewell Andromeda-LP-GFold-Vinyl-RCA Victor-APL10101-VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
*JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda RCA DYNAFLEX EX/EX+to NMint Great audio!! G/F US $16.24 Buy It Now 1 day
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP (1973) RCA Gatefold + insert SF 8369 US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda - Something White And Sigmund - CD (AND001 2003 5 Track) US $13.07 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA NEW CD US $9.79 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ATTACK - COMPLETE RECORDINGS 67-68 UK 60s FREAKBEAT PSYCH NICE ANDROMEDA CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda - Andromeda CD plus 8 bonus tracks US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Karajan - Wagner: Preludes and Overtures / Berliner (CD, Sep-1994, Andromeda) 77 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Extension of the Wish by Andromeda (CD, May-2001, Century Media (USA)) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda LP / Excellent vinyl, cover + insert US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gil Melle ANDROMEDA STRAIN Soundtrack LP KAPP RECORDS US $200.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN DENVER (Two Vintage Original albums) BACK HOME AGAIN and FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $31.00 [0 bids]
THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN Hexagonal LP ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK PROMO KRS5513 NEW SEALED US $150.00 [0 bids]
NUCLEUS TORN - ANDROMEDA AWAITING - NEW CD US $19.73 Buy It Now 1 day
ILUZJON - SILENT ANDROMEDA - NEW CD US $12.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda - EX vinyl LP album record UK 1st SF8031 RCA 1969 Very rare US $1,090.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VACCAJ / ABBONDANZA / BORRI - ANDROMEDA / LA CACCIA / IL COSACCO DELLA NEW CD US $17.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Love Outside Andromeda - CD (LOA003 Shock) US $30.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Aquarius Andromeda - Three O'Clock New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $26.07 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA - Equilibrium - CD US $20.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda Project The Tv Themes CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda - Andromeda CD 1970 s/t US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell to Andromeda A4 Size 21x30cm Advert 1973 cutting/clipping US $16.24 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA - SHOCK (088817455176) - NEW CD US $33.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Vladimir Horowitz - The Romantic Era Andromeda: ANDRCD5002 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Mario Migliardi: A Come Andromeda (New/Sealed CD) US $24.35 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW - See Into the Stars by Andromeda US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
CD Fools Moon - Beyond The Sky MELODIC / ANDROMEDA RELIX 2006 US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda (13) - Sounds Of Melody 12" US $10.15 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRESS ORCHESTRA - BUM BUM NEW CD US $21.58 Buy It Now 2 days
ZINKL - PLEXUS ANDROMEDA - NEW CD US $13.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Mario Migliardi - Come Andromeda [CD New] US $10.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Nicola Vaccaj - Andromeda/La Caccia/Il Cosacco Della Volga/I Sospi Abb [CD New] US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rock Promo Nm! 45 John Denver - Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) / Sam US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ASIA "NM DISC" Andromeda Asia's Greatest Hits Live VALC-3222 LD AE3246 US $7.99 [0 bids]
VISIONS: Mission Andromeda PRIVATE CANADA AOR ROCK LP + Bonus 7" US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Live on Planet Earth - Mega Expre Andromeda New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipp US $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA LIMITED 300 COPIES LP PROG PSYCH KRAUT VOGUE AKARMA RE US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Trancemission to Andromeda by Various Artists (CD, May-1996, Cleopatra) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Andromeda Heights by Prefab Sprout (CD, Mar-2000, So... US $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER farewell andromeda LP PS EX/EX usa APL1 0101 US $14.60 Buy It Now 3 days
El Gringo - Andromeda / Getz Mine 12" W/Lbl US $10.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda - Control - Intrigue - 1990 #122067 US $11.35 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP Includes I'd Rather be a Cowboy US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda vinyl LP album record German NL85195 RCA US $17.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda - Sounds Of Melody - BMG - 2002 #78122 US $4.86 Buy It Now 3 days
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA CD - GOOD PLUS US $13.61 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Farewell Andromeda-RCA-SF 8369-US-VG/VG US $9.73 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Farewell Andromeda-RCA-SF 8369-US-VG/VG US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER 3LPs BACK HOME AGAIN ROCKY MONTAIN CHRISTMAS FAREWELL ANDROMEDA 33 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda by Taber & Garibay (CD, Jun-2004, Taber & Garibay) US $1.99 [0 bids]
MIHA KRALJ andromeda '80 LP ex Yug electronic synth prog masterpiece STUNNING US $140.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Bum Bum [CD New] US $15.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda - Chimera [CD New] US $51.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Live On Planet Earth [CD New] US $17.29 Buy It Now 3 days
LEONARDO AND PLANETARY VISION we fly to andromeda 7" b/w remember earth (15723at US $8.10 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver ?Farewell Andromeda APL1-0101 M VINYL Rock, Folk, World, US $0.79 [0 bids]
Andromeda - S/T+ 8 btrck (J.Du Cann Atomic Rooster) Very, very rare CD ! US $25.99 [0 bids]
8 track tape, John Denver, Farewell Andromeda US $2.50 [0 bids]
Andromeda, Andromeda, Good Import US $25.33 Buy It Now 3 days
PAPAKONSTANTINOU THANASSIS STIN ANDROMEDA KAI STI GI CASSETTE US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RCA-0101- DENVER, JOHN Farewell Andromeda OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 [0 bids]
NETJAJEV SOCIETY SYSTEM Anarchy Andromeda LP psychedelic blastcore rupture crust US $16.98 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda VINYL LP GF 1973 RCA APL 0101 w Lyric Insert US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA - PLAYING OFF THE BOARD (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $20.86 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP Record 1973 RCA Victor APL1-0101 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - SOMETHING WHITE AND SIGMUND - OZ 5 TRK CD - INDIE US $26.16 Buy It Now 3 days
Farewell Andromeda John Denver vinyl LP album record Canadian SF-8369 US $19.41 Buy It Now 3 days
Farewell Andromeda by John Denver *New CD* US $3.33 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda Record Album US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Prefab Sprout - Andromeda Heights 1997 CD US $5.22 [0 bids]
CALIFORNIA GUITAR TRIO Andromeda LP Digital Download Robert Fripp MINT PROG US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PREFAB SPROUT 2 GREAT CDS FROM LANGLEY PARK TO MEMPHIS ANDROMEDA HEIGHTS US $6.48 [0 bids]
NUCLEUS TORN - ANDROMEDA AWAITING - PRO107CD US $22.84 Buy It Now 4 days
ILUZJON - SILENT ANDROMEDA - MYSTCD072 US $21.96 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA SEVEN LONELY STREET + SIGNED INSERT JOHN DU CANN US $22.66 [0 bids]
M. Haydn - Andromeda Und Perseus [CD New] US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Live On Planet Earth [Vinyl New] US $23.21 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA - NEW CD US $6.93 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda -Go Your Way -Heavy Psych/Freakbeat/ Hard Rock -1969- Hear! US $27.63 [7 bids]
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP 1973 RCA APL1-0101 Gatefold Vinyl Record US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN DENVER "AREWELL ANDROMEDA" GF RCA STEREO APL1-0101 (1973) (EX/NM)* US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA Chimera ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA Chimera reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Well, I only knew the band from their second album which I already reviewed at this site. This new album, in my opinion, is much better than the second one in terms of composition and how the recording is done. The music is very close to power metal than any typical progressive metal. But even though it's pure power metal, I totally disagree with the statement that anything metal is bad. Yeah, rock music has evolved since its inception in late 60s or early seventies. Helloween, a power metal band from Germany pioneered the birth of power metal where rock music was taken with more speed, using double bass pedal drumming with guitar playing like a speed of light. AT first listen I did not favor the kind of power metal music until I was one night hooked with the performance of Kamelot in their excellent album "Karma". So I could enjoy the music of power metal - no matter how fast the tempo is. But most power metal bands create good melody with their music to compensate the speed, I think. So be open with accepting the kind of rock music evolution (or revolution?).

From the opening track "Periscope" (6:11) the band has indicated their musicianship through a keyboard-based power metal music with good melody. Sound mixing is really good so when it moves to second track "In the end" (4:58) it stays coherent with their music style. What surprises me, really, is the use of acoustic guitar style performed in relatively fast speed (hmm it reminds me to the guitar style of Berndt Stredl) at the opening of "The hidden riddle" (5:51). The vocal enters the scene smoothly and brings keyboard solo and music that flows naturally. It's a good track really. I assure you that this track is quite accessible to many ears - slow tempo indeed.

The other tracks are basically a stream of hard rock music with good natural flow from segment to segment, track to track in good melody. Track that really caught my attention is "No guidelines" (6:23) which provides really good structure, composition and melody - and a bit of complexity. All tracks 7-10 starting from "Inner circle" (7:03) until "Chameleon Carnival" are all good tracks. I enjoy all of them.

It's a good album, especially if you like metal music. If you don't, you'd better try it! Metal is good for your health! It has one thing at least: energy!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#73290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 27, 2006

4 stars Three albums into their career and Andromeda still sound as new and fresh as their debut. 'Chimera', Andromeda's third album, may seem like another typical 'by-the-book' Progressive Metal record, but on further listens you can tell this is a band destined for greatness. In fact, in a genre where ... (read more)

Report this review (#243231) | Posted by Valarius | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars They have never been a copy from other bands in progressive music, at least in metal field. Of course they have many influences as any other act but also they have shown album after album and in a sincere way all that passion for music through their songs. In fact, I think that's the key they ha ... (read more)

Report this review (#228097) | Posted by Epsilon | Thursday, July 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars After a great debut and a very dissapointing follow up, this 3rd album is very likeable, it is much more song oriented, less wanky and a lot more focussed than the previous one. I realise a lot of people wont like this approach as there isnt much prog here nor that much intense metal, this releas ... (read more)

Report this review (#220496) | Posted by Moonshield | Wednesday, June 10, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars WELL,more power metal than progresive,.but men!,this albums rocks!,in a very aspect...their create a good song on this one,and the part of the vocals are very well structurated..this guys plays their instruments very good,all of them are excelent..and they have a noise of the virtuosity..im not ... (read more)

Report this review (#127128) | Posted by JgX 5 | Friday, June 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Without a doubt some this band continues making very good things, in this occasion leaving of side a little the II=I sound, in which they show a concept more unified by the excellent programmings, but in this occasion they bring one to us magnifies metal piece progressive in which it is not ne ... (read more)

Report this review (#88640) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hello everyone! As this is my debut review on progarchives. Since I started my journey with music remarkably often Sweden bands gathered my attention. Latest is Andromeda. My very first impression was that I have already heard this style before. Really, guys from Italian band Vision Divin ... (read more)

Report this review (#81654) | Posted by Mush | Wednesday, June 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can say that I have 15 years listening many progressive rock and jazz fussion stuff, and a couple of times trough all these years Ive lost my mind and my thougts in such inspiring music. every time I hear this album I discover new elements and hidden "treasures". This is a light album com ... (read more)

Report this review (#78538) | Posted by patricio | Wednesday, May 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars If you are expecting the Andromeda of old, you will be disappointed, this album is much more keyed down. There are catchy and more commercial songs it seems. Seems definitely to be slower overall then the previous albums. There are some interesting parts on the album. In The End is a good son ... (read more)

Report this review (#71860) | Posted by | Tuesday, March 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm going to have to agree with the reviewer CGH on this one: these guys have completely withered away from their outstanding debut lbum "Extension of the Wish" and it's a damn shame. This album here is not a whole lot more than normal metal with bit of rock and maybe some lame attempts to soun ... (read more)

Report this review (#71123) | Posted by tymed | Saturday, March 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Swedish has done it again, another masterpiece from Martin Hedin and Johan Reinholdz. While in Denmark, people dealing with cartoon, in Sweden the prog metal is alive. Andromeda got most of the attention with the previous album II=I which was awesome. Andromeda's music was always complex,c ... (read more)

Report this review (#70577) | Posted by | Sunday, February 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This album is absoulty wrong! it's not prog, it's just metal, the bad metal (all the metal is bad, exception exist, in prog metal, but are a few exceptions!) if you linke II=I, maybe you like this, because this is alike II=I, in fact, i think that Andromeda doesn't has another idea, and make the ... (read more)

Report this review (#69866) | Posted by CGH Tompkins | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've now been listening to the album for a longer time and the initial excitement has worn off pretty fast. It has good sides and bad sides, but mainly I think Andromeda have lost their innovativeness. Chimera is much more streamlined than the previous albums, with many songs relying on just one ... (read more)

Report this review (#69845) | Posted by Progzilla | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "Chimera"