CHIMERA

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Periscope (6:11)
2. In the end (4:58)
3. The hidden riddle (5:51)
4. Going under (6:27)
5. The cage of me (7:08)
6. No guidelines (6:23)
7. Inner circle (7:03)
8. Iskenderun (5:30)
9. Blink of an eye (12:29)
10. Chameleon carnival - Live! (5:12)

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars
- Fabian Gustavsson / bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Martin Hedin / keyboards

21th of January 2006 Chimera is out in Japan.
27th of March 2006 in France.

Thanks to Vaiccoco for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA Chimera Music

The Immunity ZoneThe Immunity Zone
Nightmare Records 2008
Top Gear SessionsTop Gear Sessions
Kissing Spell
Original JOHN DENVER "FAREWELL ANDROMEDA" Album - Rare/Collectible US $2.95 [0 bids]
JUNGLE ANDROMEDA 2 Rave Flyer Flyers 23/4/94 Starlight 2001 Leicester US $4.84 Buy It Now 2h 25m
PANDEMONIUM ANDROMEDA Rave Flyer Flyers year unknow Digbeth Institute Birmingham US $4.84 Buy It Now 2h 28m
PANDEMONIUM ANDROMEDA Rave Flyer Flyers 5/3/93 Digbeth Institute Birmingham US $4.84 Buy It Now 2h 30m
CLUB ANDROMEDA 1994 RAVE FLYER FLYERS US $1.61 Buy It Now 9h 23m
PANDEMONIUM ANDROMEDA NORTH RAVE FLYER FLYERS US $1.61 Buy It Now 9h 26m
ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRESS ORCHESTRA - TAKE OFF NEW CD US $23.17 Buy It Now 10h 42m
John Denver Farewell Andromeda, and John Denver's Greatest Hits. US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
ANDROMEDA .. SEVEN LONELY STREET.. J. DU CANN SIGNED .. REFLECTION. FIRST press US $79.00 [0 bids]
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP Includes I'd Rather be a Cowboy US $1.99 Buy It Now 11h 51m
DAHINDEN / PAROLARI / RADIO ZURICH ORCH Dittersdorf RESCUE OF ANDROMEDA LP US $3.23 Buy It Now 15h 18m
RALPH LUNDSTEN Universe feat. Andromeda All Stars LP 1977 mint cosmic prog US $39.90 [2 bids]
ANDROMEDA "Gazza" UK 1991 US $4.82 Buy It Now 18h 46m
Andromeda : Ii=i CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 24m
ANDROMEDA STRAIN idol 12" 3 trks (kill1215) pic sleeve uk kill your television 1 US $8.45 Buy It Now 22h 13m
ANDROMEDA STRAIN hope 12" 4 trk in signed pic sleeve b/w cut teeth,soul flower a US $8.45 Buy It Now 22h 13m
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL rare polish ANDROMEDA issue,double CCR US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THREE 0'CLOCK - AQUARIUS ANDROMEDA - BLUE VINYL - LIMITED - BURGER RECORDS US $45.15 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN DENVER farewell andromeda LP PS EX/EX german NL 85195 US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Vera SPINAROVA - Andromeda Czech LP / Funk Psych Prog Beat US $3.99 [0 bids]
John Denver- Farewell Andromeda- gatefold - free UK post US $12.89 Buy It Now 1 day
RCA Records John Denver Farewell Andromeda APL1-0101 (LSP) 33 LP German Print US $9.99 [0 bids]
GROOVE ZONE FREQ SENSIENT OMB ANDROMEDA STELLA NUTELLA PROGRESSIVE TRANCE JP OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - SELF TITLED CD US $15.36 Buy It Now 2 days
JANICE PAYSON Jealous Love b/w Andromeda STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER LOT OF 9 VINYL LPs: Aerie, Spirit, Windsong, Farewell Andromeda, etc US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
PREFAB SPROUT / ANDROMEDA HEIGHTS JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI +1B/T US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA Sounds Of Melody 12" US $9.68 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda vinyl LP Sound Clip in Listing US $8.07 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda - Spindrift New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $21.13 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA The Immunity Zone JAPAN CD New US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Aquarius Andromeda by The Three O'Clock (Vinyl, Jan-2014, Burger Records) US $18.87 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY Andromeda LTD 12" 2003 EX VINYL 1 OF ONLY 500 RARE PROGRESSIVE HOUSE US $12.89 Buy It Now 2 days
OF GRAVES AND GODS - Slit Throat Andromeda (CD) SEALED US $5.59 Buy It Now 2 days
THREE O CLOCK**AQUARIUS ANDROMEDA**VINYL US $21.50 Buy It Now 2 days
VINTAGE LP ALBUM JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda 12" 1973 colored cover LP. RCA Records country US $1.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER: Farewell Andromeda LP (reissue, slight corner bend) Rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA: Say It Again, I Love You / Winter Song (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - LONGING WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HIDE CD ALBUM US $18.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Trancemission to Andromeda by Various Artists (CD, May-1996, Cleopatra) US $1.99 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA - THE IMMUNITY ZONE, ORG 2008 JAPAN CD + OBI, PROGRESSIVE METAL US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Three O'Clock - Aquarius Andromeda [Vinyl New] US $21.81 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER (Two Vintage Original albums) BACK HOME AGAIN and FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $31.00 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA RECORD ALBUM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER ~ Farewell Andromeda ~ 33rpm 12" LP ~ RCA # APL1 0101 NM/VG US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Extension of the Wish by Andromeda (CD, May-2001, Century Media (USA)) US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda 12" Record **UNTESTED** US $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Take Off! [CD New] US $19.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda - The Spectral Compilation, ,Very Good, With front and back artwork.,A US $38.17 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver - Farewell Andromeda LP RCA APL1-0101 Vinyl Record Album Gatefold EX US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Clifford T. Ward 7" Jayne (From Andromeda Spiral) PS Portugal US $9.99 [0 bids]
AMNESIA HOUSE @ CLUB ANDROMEDA RAVE FLYER FLYERS OCT 1993 MINT US $1.61 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda 33 1/3 Album RCA Records 1973 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda - Shock [CD New] US $32.02 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA - CHIMERA NEW CD US $18.13 Buy It Now 4 days
John Denver - Farewell Andromeda CD NEW US $10.72 Buy It Now 4 days
Poems, Prayers & Promises / Farewell Andromeda US $11.40 Buy It Now 4 days
Prefab Sprout - Andromeda Heights (CD, 1997) Ex/Ex *24 HOUR POST* US $7.24 Buy It Now 4 days
M. Haydn - Andromeda Und Perseus CD US $39.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Nucleus Torn - Andromeda Waiting CD US $24.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Take Off! CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 4 days
John Denver - Farewell Andromeda CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda - S/T+ 8 btrck (J.Du Cann Atomic Rooster) Very, very rare CD ! US $25.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER 'Farewell Andromeda' 1973 Spanish PROMOTIONAL 7"/45 rpm vinyl US $8.05 [0 bids]
THE HAPPIES ANDROMEDA EXPRESS SEALED JAPAN CD MIDI Inc. US $7.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda - Chimera [CD New] US $12.91 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA: Andromeda LP (Germany, laminated gatefold cover reissue, w/ Peter Sc US $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LP-Hard Stuff-Bolex Dementia~'73 Hard Rock UK Post Andromeda US $19.99 [0 bids]
Pop Promo NM! 45 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) on RCA ( US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda NM LP w/Insert Dynaflex Orange RCA US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA: Seven Lonely Street LP (UK, '90 issue w/ booklet insert, nearly new! US $60.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda E Perseo, New Music US $29.36 Buy It Now 4 days
Ghedini: Musica da concerto per viola ed archi / Arrigo: Serenata per Andromeda US $10.33 Buy It Now 4 days
THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN Hexagonal LP ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK PROMO KRS5513 NEW SEALED US $125.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CALIFORNIA GUITAR TRIO - ANDROMEDA (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $20.66 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA - s/t reissue ATOMIC ROOSTER PINK FLOYD URIAH HEEP US $3.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA RCA 1973 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA**II=I**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA Rave Flyer Flyers 28/10/89 A6 Acid House illegal US $16.13 Buy It Now 5 days
Of Graves and Gods - Slit Throat Andromeda CD US $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
VINTAGE - 8 TRACK TAPE - JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $1.50 Buy It Now 5 days
NUCLEUS TORN Andromeda Awaiting CD GERMANY NEW Sealed US $19.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Andromeda ?- Control Of The Dancefloor LP 1991 OLD SKOOL!! US $8.05 Buy It Now 5 days
Vladimir Horowitz - The Romantic Era Andromeda: ANDRCD5002 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Andromeda Galassia Perduta 7 Japan Anime Keiko Takemiya US $52.50 Buy It Now 5 days
EARTH AND FIRE andromeda girl 1981 WEST GERMAN VERTIGO CASSETTE US $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Prefab Sprout - Andromeda Heights - CD US $6.44 Buy It Now 5 days
Original 1973 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda LP ALBUM 12" SF-8369 US $1.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Atomic Rooster Rarities SEALED 2001 UK CD Crazy World Of Arthur Brown Andromeda US $10.95 Buy It Now 5 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP Record Vinyl 12" 1973 RCA Foldout US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
California Guitar Trio - Andromeda [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Andromeda Heights by Prefab Sprout (CD, May-1997, Sony) MINT! MAIL IT TOMORROW US $16.89 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER "Farewell Andromeda" LP 1973 RCA Victor APL1-0101 vintage vinyl US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA - DEFINITIVE COLLECTION NEW CD US $22.82 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda LP 1973 Berkeley Woman I'd Rather Be A Cowboy US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Spindrift - Andromeda [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Rock Promo NM! 45 John Denver Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) / Farew US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA - EQUILIBRIUM (UK) NEW CD US $27.49 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA Chimera ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA Chimera reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Well, I only knew the band from their second album which I already reviewed at this site. This new album, in my opinion, is much better than the second one in terms of composition and how the recording is done. The music is very close to power metal than any typical progressive metal. But even though it's pure power metal, I totally disagree with the statement that anything metal is bad. Yeah, rock music has evolved since its inception in late 60s or early seventies. Helloween, a power metal band from Germany pioneered the birth of power metal where rock music was taken with more speed, using double bass pedal drumming with guitar playing like a speed of light. AT first listen I did not favor the kind of power metal music until I was one night hooked with the performance of Kamelot in their excellent album "Karma". So I could enjoy the music of power metal - no matter how fast the tempo is. But most power metal bands create good melody with their music to compensate the speed, I think. So be open with accepting the kind of rock music evolution (or revolution?).

From the opening track "Periscope" (6:11) the band has indicated their musicianship through a keyboard-based power metal music with good melody. Sound mixing is really good so when it moves to second track "In the end" (4:58) it stays coherent with their music style. What surprises me, really, is the use of acoustic guitar style performed in relatively fast speed (hmm it reminds me to the guitar style of Berndt Stredl) at the opening of "The hidden riddle" (5:51). The vocal enters the scene smoothly and brings keyboard solo and music that flows naturally. It's a good track really. I assure you that this track is quite accessible to many ears - slow tempo indeed.

The other tracks are basically a stream of hard rock music with good natural flow from segment to segment, track to track in good melody. Track that really caught my attention is "No guidelines" (6:23) which provides really good structure, composition and melody - and a bit of complexity. All tracks 7-10 starting from "Inner circle" (7:03) until "Chameleon Carnival" are all good tracks. I enjoy all of them.

It's a good album, especially if you like metal music. If you don't, you'd better try it! Metal is good for your health! It has one thing at least: energy!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#73290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 27, 2006

4 stars Three albums into their career and Andromeda still sound as new and fresh as their debut. 'Chimera', Andromeda's third album, may seem like another typical 'by-the-book' Progressive Metal record, but on further listens you can tell this is a band destined for greatness. In fact, in a genre where ... (read more)

Report this review (#243231) | Posted by Valarius | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars They have never been a copy from other bands in progressive music, at least in metal field. Of course they have many influences as any other act but also they have shown album after album and in a sincere way all that passion for music through their songs. In fact, I think that's the key they ha ... (read more)

Report this review (#228097) | Posted by Epsilon | Thursday, July 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars After a great debut and a very dissapointing follow up, this 3rd album is very likeable, it is much more song oriented, less wanky and a lot more focussed than the previous one. I realise a lot of people wont like this approach as there isnt much prog here nor that much intense metal, this releas ... (read more)

Report this review (#220496) | Posted by Moonshield | Wednesday, June 10, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars WELL,more power metal than progresive,.but men!,this albums rocks!,in a very aspect...their create a good song on this one,and the part of the vocals are very well structurated..this guys plays their instruments very good,all of them are excelent..and they have a noise of the virtuosity..im not ... (read more)

Report this review (#127128) | Posted by JgX 5 | Friday, June 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Without a doubt some this band continues making very good things, in this occasion leaving of side a little the II=I sound, in which they show a concept more unified by the excellent programmings, but in this occasion they bring one to us magnifies metal piece progressive in which it is not ne ... (read more)

Report this review (#88640) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hello everyone! As this is my debut review on progarchives. Since I started my journey with music remarkably often Sweden bands gathered my attention. Latest is Andromeda. My very first impression was that I have already heard this style before. Really, guys from Italian band Vision Divin ... (read more)

Report this review (#81654) | Posted by Mush | Wednesday, June 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can say that I have 15 years listening many progressive rock and jazz fussion stuff, and a couple of times trough all these years Ive lost my mind and my thougts in such inspiring music. every time I hear this album I discover new elements and hidden "treasures". This is a light album com ... (read more)

Report this review (#78538) | Posted by patricio | Wednesday, May 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars If you are expecting the Andromeda of old, you will be disappointed, this album is much more keyed down. There are catchy and more commercial songs it seems. Seems definitely to be slower overall then the previous albums. There are some interesting parts on the album. In The End is a good son ... (read more)

Report this review (#71860) | Posted by | Tuesday, March 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm going to have to agree with the reviewer CGH on this one: these guys have completely withered away from their outstanding debut lbum "Extension of the Wish" and it's a damn shame. This album here is not a whole lot more than normal metal with bit of rock and maybe some lame attempts to soun ... (read more)

Report this review (#71123) | Posted by tymed | Saturday, March 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Swedish has done it again, another masterpiece from Martin Hedin and Johan Reinholdz. While in Denmark, people dealing with cartoon, in Sweden the prog metal is alive. Andromeda got most of the attention with the previous album II=I which was awesome. Andromeda's music was always complex,c ... (read more)

Report this review (#70577) | Posted by | Sunday, February 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This album is absoulty wrong! it's not prog, it's just metal, the bad metal (all the metal is bad, exception exist, in prog metal, but are a few exceptions!) if you linke II=I, maybe you like this, because this is alike II=I, in fact, i think that Andromeda doesn't has another idea, and make the ... (read more)

Report this review (#69866) | Posted by CGH Tompkins | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've now been listening to the album for a longer time and the initial excitement has worn off pretty fast. It has good sides and bad sides, but mainly I think Andromeda have lost their innovativeness. Chimera is much more streamlined than the previous albums, with many songs relying on just one ... (read more)

Report this review (#69845) | Posted by Progzilla | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "Chimera"