CHIMERA

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Periscope (6:11)
2. In the end (4:58)
3. The hidden riddle (5:51)
4. Going under (6:27)
5. The cage of me (7:08)
6. No guidelines (6:23)
7. Inner circle (7:03)
8. Iskenderun (5:30)
9. Blink of an eye (12:29)
10. Chameleon carnival - Live! (5:12)

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA Chimera tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars
- Fabian Gustavsson / bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Martin Hedin / keyboards

21th of January 2006 Chimera is out in Japan.
27th of March 2006 in France.

Thanks to Vaiccoco for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA Chimera Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Andromeda - Extension of the Wish (cd) US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Andromeda - Chimera [CD New] US $11.91 Buy It Now 1h 53m
John Denver Farewell Andromeda NM LP w/Insert Dynaflex Orange RCA US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Pop Promo NM! 45 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) on RCA ( US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Terry Adams, Love Letter To Andromeda Audio CD US $10.28 Buy It Now 4h 38m
EARTH AND FIRE andromeda girl 1981 WEST GERMAN VERTIGO CASSETTE US $13.00 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Lot of 2 John Denver albums "Farewell Andromeda" 1973 US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 5m
ANDROMEDA: Andromeda LP (Euro, reissue, few light cover creases, disc nearly ne US $35.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
ANDROMEDA: Seven Lonely Street LP (UK, '90 issue w/ booklet insert, nearly new! US $60.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
John Denver : Farewell Andromeda CD (1990) US $9.67 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Andromeda E Perseo, New Music US $29.97 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Ghedini: Musica da concerto per viola ed archi / Arrigo: Serenata per Andromeda US $10.56 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Iluzjon Silent Andromeda CD NEW (UK Import) US $15.33 Buy It Now 9h 9m
JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA RCA 1973 US $3.99 Buy It Now 13h 35m
NUCLEUS TORN Andromeda Awaiting CD GERMANY NEW Sealed US $19.49 Buy It Now 20h 30m
Andromeda Galassia Perduta 7 Japan Anime Keiko Takemiya US $52.50 Buy It Now 22h
Prefab Sprout - Andromeda Heights JAPAN CD OBI G879 US $7.99 [0 bids]
CALIFORNIA GUITAR TRIO Andromeda LP Signed Digital Download Robert Fripp MINT US $29.99 [0 bids]
Nucleus Torn Andromeda Awaiting CD NEW (UK Import) US $17.73 Buy It Now 22h 55m
Prefab Sprout - Andromeda Heights - CD US $8.47 Buy It Now 23h 42m
Andromeda Heights by Prefab Sprout (CD, May-1997, Sony) MINT! MAIL IT TOMORROW US $14.02 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN DENVER "Farewell Andromeda" LP 1973 RCA Victor APL1-0101 vintage vinyl US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDROMEDA - EQUILIBRIUM (UK) NEW CD US $29.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Promo NM! 45 John Denver Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) / Farew US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Promo 45 John Denver - Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) / Farewel US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Promo 45 John Denver - Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda Project Sequences synthesizer-Rhythm is gonna ge CD US $7.70 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda VINYL LP RCA 0101 GF w Lyric Insert US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda - Something White & Sigmund Digipak CD Exc US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Space Gardens - Our Friend Andromeda CD US $11.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Vaccaj Abbondanza Borri - Andromeda La Caccia Il Cosacco Della Volga CD US $16.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda - Chimera CD Pop Rock US $16.28 Buy It Now 1 day
John Denver - Farewell Andromeda (1990) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
1973 LP RECORD JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $7.91 Buy It Now 1 day
The Andromeda Strain Composed by Gil Melle Original Electronic Soundtrack Sample US $175.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Extension of the Wish by Andromeda (CD, May-2001, Century Media (USA)) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda Sensrtions UK CD Psychedelic Progressive Trance #37 US $11.04 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA, APL1-0101 RCA VICTOR US $16.25 Buy It Now 2 days
PAUL RICHARDS - ANDROMEDA [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.62 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA PROMO 45 VG++ ROCK 1973 US $1.49 [0 bids]
Original 1973 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda LP ALBUM 12" SF-8369 US $1.78 Buy It Now 2 days
Aquarius Andromeda * by The Three O'Clock (Vinyl, Jan-2014, Burger Records) US $23.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRESS ORCHESTRA - Live On Planet Earth - LP US $32.42 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA SWEET SWEET BABY/ HEART OF DARKNESS AIR US $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
POEMS PRAYERS & PROMISES//FAREWELL ANDROMEDA - NEW CD US $10.14 Buy It Now 2 days
John Denver "Farewell Andromeda" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
John Denver "Farewell Andromeda" PROMO LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER LP APL1-0101 FAREWELL ANDROMEDA 1005 R VG/EX C VG+ (LP-7036) US $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda Project Presents: Crime Fighters Featuring Dick Tracy Cassette US $6.95 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA .. SEVEN LONELY STREET.. J. DU CANN SIGNED .. REFLECTION. FIRST press US $79.00 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER Goodby Andromeda, original vinyl LP, 1973, EX/NM, shrink! US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda 1973 Stereo LP Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda - Anthology 60's cd Atomic Rooster Hard Stuff Fuzzy Duck KISSING SPELL US $29.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda - S/T+ 8 btrck (J.Du Cann Atomic Rooster) Very, very rare CD ! US $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA-GAZZA SEXY-1991-TECHNO US $7.62 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda - Equilibrium [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare cd ANDROMEDA Chimera promo Massacre Records 2006 dream theater US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EARTH AND FIRE - ANDROMEDA GIRL - NEW CD US $13.90 Buy It Now 2 days
PREFAB SPROUT - ANDROMEDA HEIGHTS - NEW CD US $20.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Andromeda - Andromeda CD 1970 s/t US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda '73 RCA ORIG GF LP Vinyl APL1-0101 NM record US $7.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Choice of 2 JOHN DENVER 1970's Record Albums - Farewell Andromeda or Windsong US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
John Denver / Farewell Andromeda / 1973 / RCA Victor APL1-0101 / Orange Label US $6.38 Buy It Now 3 days
"Dark Andromeda" Nick Franks (CD, 1996, WSSM CD1003) Rare US $17.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Andromeda - Shock NEW CD US $20.73 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA ANDROMEDA LP RCA VICTOR (1969) SF 8031 ENGLAND VG PSYCH PROG US $149.38 [12 bids]
Rock 45 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) on RCA Victor US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA British Progressive Rock vol1 RUSSIAN PROGROCK CD US $8.40 [0 bids]
Andromeda - EX vinyl LP album record UK 1st SF8031 RCA 1969 Very rare US $1,150.00 Buy It Now 3 days
FACTORY SEALED / THE THREE O'CLOCK - AQUARIUS ANDROMEDA LP BURGER RECORDS TUFF US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PREFAB SPROUT - Andromeda Heights - 1997 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Of Graves & Gods Slit Throat Andromeda CD US $4.34 Buy It Now 3 days
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - SOMETHING WHITE AND SIGMUND - OZ 5 TRK CD - INDIE US $28.23 Buy It Now 3 days
Prefab Sprout - Andromeda Heights 1997 MUSIC CD FREE UK POST US $10.17 Buy It Now 3 days
MARIO MIGLIARDI - A COME ANDROMEDA OST - FUZZ BAROQUE SCAT LOUNGE EDDA DELL'ORSO US $24.50 [0 bids]
mp3 81 DARK COSMIC ELECTRONIC Eugen Thomass "Sound Music 29" like ANDROMEDA-OST US $99.99 [0 bids]
Andromeda - Ii = I [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 4 days
CD* Andromeda - RUNAWAY TOTEM *** IMPORT *** US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
EARTH / KK NULL Dexamyl Andromeda LP noise drone pink new US $10.00 [0 bids]
OF GRAVES AND GODS - Slit Throat Andromeda (CD) SEALED US $6.99 [0 bids]
John Denver Farewell Andromeda APL1-0101 / Stereo US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Three O Clock Aquarius Andromeda LP vinyl record sealed burger lim. to 1000 US $17.95 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA ANTHOLOGY 1966-1969 UK IMPORT PSYCH ROCK CD RARE OOP ATOMIC ROOSTER US $33.99 Buy It Now 4 days
John Denver / Farewell Andromeda LP / RCA Dynaflex / 1973 US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN DENVER~~ FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda by Taber & Garibay (CD, Jun-2004, Taber & Garibay) US $3.99 [0 bids]
CD-Andromeda-Return To Sanity UK 60's Psych Prog US $14.99 [0 bids]
Prefab Sprout - Andromeda Heights 1997 CD US $5.64 [0 bids]
John Denver - Farewell Andromeda -1973 RCA Victor APL1-0101 Vinyl LP w/lyrics US $3.99 [0 bids]
VINYL LP - JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA - SF 8369 US $16.96 Buy It Now 4 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP 1973 RCA APL1-0101 Gatefold Vinyl Record US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA - Heart of Darkness - Near Mint Promo 45 rpm US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Space Gardens - Our Friend Andromeda [CD New] US $8.46 Buy It Now 5 days
RALPH LUNDSTEN Nordic Light Andromeda Music AB ACD 15 1993 14track CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER-FAREWELL ANDROMEDA-VINYL-NM-ZACHARY AND JENNIFER-SWEET MISERY US $2.99 [0 bids]
John Denver "Farewell Andromeda" GATEFOLD PROMO LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA Say It Again, I Love You promo 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA 45 SWEET SWEET BABY / HEART OF DARKNESS SOUL US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Stakka & K.Tee ?- Mainline / Andromeda (LIFTIN SPIRIT 17)(DRUM N BASS)(VG+ COND) US $10.17 Buy It Now 5 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda Vinyl Record 12" Lp US $4.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA Chimera ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA Chimera reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Well, I only knew the band from their second album which I already reviewed at this site. This new album, in my opinion, is much better than the second one in terms of composition and how the recording is done. The music is very close to power metal than any typical progressive metal. But even though it's pure power metal, I totally disagree with the statement that anything metal is bad. Yeah, rock music has evolved since its inception in late 60s or early seventies. Helloween, a power metal band from Germany pioneered the birth of power metal where rock music was taken with more speed, using double bass pedal drumming with guitar playing like a speed of light. AT first listen I did not favor the kind of power metal music until I was one night hooked with the performance of Kamelot in their excellent album "Karma". So I could enjoy the music of power metal - no matter how fast the tempo is. But most power metal bands create good melody with their music to compensate the speed, I think. So be open with accepting the kind of rock music evolution (or revolution?).

From the opening track "Periscope" (6:11) the band has indicated their musicianship through a keyboard-based power metal music with good melody. Sound mixing is really good so when it moves to second track "In the end" (4:58) it stays coherent with their music style. What surprises me, really, is the use of acoustic guitar style performed in relatively fast speed (hmm it reminds me to the guitar style of Berndt Stredl) at the opening of "The hidden riddle" (5:51). The vocal enters the scene smoothly and brings keyboard solo and music that flows naturally. It's a good track really. I assure you that this track is quite accessible to many ears - slow tempo indeed.

The other tracks are basically a stream of hard rock music with good natural flow from segment to segment, track to track in good melody. Track that really caught my attention is "No guidelines" (6:23) which provides really good structure, composition and melody - and a bit of complexity. All tracks 7-10 starting from "Inner circle" (7:03) until "Chameleon Carnival" are all good tracks. I enjoy all of them.

It's a good album, especially if you like metal music. If you don't, you'd better try it! Metal is good for your health! It has one thing at least: energy!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#73290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 27, 2006

4 stars Three albums into their career and Andromeda still sound as new and fresh as their debut. 'Chimera', Andromeda's third album, may seem like another typical 'by-the-book' Progressive Metal record, but on further listens you can tell this is a band destined for greatness. In fact, in a genre where ... (read more)

Report this review (#243231) | Posted by Valarius | Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars They have never been a copy from other bands in progressive music, at least in metal field. Of course they have many influences as any other act but also they have shown album after album and in a sincere way all that passion for music through their songs. In fact, I think that's the key they ha ... (read more)

Report this review (#228097) | Posted by Epsilon | Thursday, July 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars After a great debut and a very dissapointing follow up, this 3rd album is very likeable, it is much more song oriented, less wanky and a lot more focussed than the previous one. I realise a lot of people wont like this approach as there isnt much prog here nor that much intense metal, this releas ... (read more)

Report this review (#220496) | Posted by Moonshield | Wednesday, June 10, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars WELL,more power metal than progresive,.but men!,this albums rocks!,in a very aspect...their create a good song on this one,and the part of the vocals are very well structurated..this guys plays their instruments very good,all of them are excelent..and they have a noise of the virtuosity..im not ... (read more)

Report this review (#127128) | Posted by JgX 5 | Friday, June 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Without a doubt some this band continues making very good things, in this occasion leaving of side a little the II=I sound, in which they show a concept more unified by the excellent programmings, but in this occasion they bring one to us magnifies metal piece progressive in which it is not ne ... (read more)

Report this review (#88640) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hello everyone! As this is my debut review on progarchives. Since I started my journey with music remarkably often Sweden bands gathered my attention. Latest is Andromeda. My very first impression was that I have already heard this style before. Really, guys from Italian band Vision Divin ... (read more)

Report this review (#81654) | Posted by Mush | Wednesday, June 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I can say that I have 15 years listening many progressive rock and jazz fussion stuff, and a couple of times trough all these years I´ve lost my mind and my thougts in such inspiring music. every time I hear this album I discover new elements and hidden "treasures". This is a light album com ... (read more)

Report this review (#78538) | Posted by patricio | Wednesday, May 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars If you are expecting the Andromeda of old, you will be disappointed, this album is much more keyed down. There are catchy and more commercial songs it seems. Seems definitely to be slower overall then the previous albums. There are some interesting parts on the album. In The End is a good son ... (read more)

Report this review (#71860) | Posted by | Tuesday, March 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm going to have to agree with the reviewer CGH on this one: these guys have completely withered away from their outstanding debut lbum "Extension of the Wish" and it's a damn shame. This album here is not a whole lot more than normal metal with bit of rock and maybe some lame attempts to soun ... (read more)

Report this review (#71123) | Posted by tymed | Saturday, March 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Swedish has done it again, another masterpiece from Martin Hedin and Johan Reinholdz. While in Denmark, people dealing with cartoon, in Sweden the prog metal is alive. Andromeda got most of the attention with the previous album II=I which was awesome. Andromeda's music was always complex,c ... (read more)

Report this review (#70577) | Posted by | Sunday, February 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This album is absoulty wrong! it's not prog, it's just metal, the bad metal (all the metal is bad, exception exist, in prog metal, but are a few exceptions!) if you linke II=I, maybe you like this, because this is alike II=I, in fact, i think that Andromeda doesn't has another idea, and make the ... (read more)

Report this review (#69866) | Posted by CGH Tompkins | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've now been listening to the album for a longer time and the initial excitement has worn off pretty fast. It has good sides and bad sides, but mainly I think Andromeda have lost their innovativeness. Chimera is much more streamlined than the previous albums, with many songs relying on just one ... (read more)

Report this review (#69845) | Posted by Progzilla | Saturday, February 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "Chimera"