DO YOU LIKE IT HERE NOW, ARE YOU SETTLING IN?

Man

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Man Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In? album cover

Buy MAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Angel Easy (5:02)
2. All Good Clean Fun (4:34)
3. We're Only Children (8:31)
4. Many Are Called But Few Get Up (7:29)
5. Manillo (5:17)
6. Love Your Life (9:05)
7. Many Are Called But Few Get Up* (9:31)
8. Angel Easy* (5:26)

- Clive John / organ, piano, vocals
- Martin Ace / bass, acoustic guitar, vocals

LP Liberty 1032 (1971)
CD Voiceprint 107 (1999)
CD Esoteric Recordings Eclec 2013 (2007 UK)

Thanks to salmacis for the addition
and to Rivertree for the last updates

MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAN Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In? Music

CD do you like it here now, are you settling in? ~ USD $15.01
CD live at the padget r ~ USD $15.01
CD man ~ USD $16.01
CD revelation ~ USD $15.01
CD welsh connection ~ USD $18.49

More places to buy MAN music online Buy MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAN Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In? ratings distribution

MAN Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In? reviews

Review by debrewguy
2 stars I'm settling in, and wondering how this gets described as space rock or psych ... a few songs are drawn out, but spacey is not the word that would best describe them. Indeed, having recently set up an arrangement with my local second record shop, I am happy that I can now borrow these so-called "lost treasures", instead of buying them. The ones I like, I buy, the ones I don't, I bring back. In return, any info I gather about these old albums, I share with the shop's owner. Some have commented on the psych elements & tempo changes.I will simply say that they seem more from a lack of knowing what to do than a specific intent. Pass if you're not an unconditional fan of early 70s fourth tier hard(ish) rock.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#129693) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 21, 2007

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Wales x West Coast hippie prog

My first Man album turns out to be a very satisfying experience. The band hailed from Swansea and while never exactly a household name, managed to release many acclaimed works in the 70s. While the album has an English psych-rock vibe it also draws comparison to the West Coast sounds, reminding me of bands like the Airplane and Spirit. It was recorded very quickly and features guests Dave Edmunds and Pete Ham, not surprising, as there are some Badfinger attributes here via the combination of good songs and economical, occasionally blistering rock. Man seemed to have a good sense of humor and an imaginative songwriting style, not unlike Stackridge, but they were much more rocking. This album features many grooving bluesy-psych jams with two lead guitarists who peel off some hot solos. The drumming is also pretty tight and interesting. The vocals are passable hippie rock vocals, nothing to write home about there. "Angel Easy" has a real Grateful Dead vibe. "All Good Clean Fun" gets high-minded with some crazy time changes and absurdist vocals. The highlight of the album is the creative take, lots of twists and turns worked into what would otherwise be just a period jam. I can't say if this is the definitive Man album since I have not heard the others, but it certainly worked as an album to get me interested in hearing more. Quite good.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#573207) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 22, 2011

5 stars This is the album, as far as I'm concerned where the mighty Manband found their definitive sound. For an album apparently written and recorded in a fairly short space of time, it contains so many textures, so much variety and great performances by all. This line up boasted 4 of the 5 members a ... (read more)

Report this review (#112079) | Posted by kingdhansak | Wednesday, February 14, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I wonder if this is underrated or just seldom rated (i thought this band was popular). First I must say this is rather perfect, compact album. This compact disc has symphonical smooth parts and folky, little canterburyish rhytms, but basically it's rock (and hard rock) - but very melodious. ... (read more)

Report this review (#76909) | Posted by progressive | Tuesday, May 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars "Be good to yourself.." would probably be Man's definitive album, but "Do you like it here..."efirmly remains my favourite and most played Man Album. Even what seem to be the more quiet of songs take the listener through a mystical musical journey of alternating rhythms and riffs. Taking the ... (read more)

Report this review (#69539) | Posted by | Thursday, February 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MAN "Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In?"