Golden Avatar

Golden Avatar A Change Of Heart album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 1976

Side One:
1. World Beyond the Sky (3:25)
2. Questions Questions (3:45)
3. Bhagavad-Gita (5:30)
4. Seers of the Truth (5:35)
5. You're not that Body (3:40)

Side Two:
1. A Change of Heart (3:00)
2. Swetadip (8:15)
3. Oh Govinda (4:42)
4. Time For Going Home (6:30)

Search GOLDEN AVATAR A Change Of Heart lyrics

- Marilyn Berger / harp
- Garry Abbott, Hush Preston, David Stout & Jerry Petterson / flutes
- David Stout & Bill Rechenbach / trombone
- Harry Kim, David Grover & Kurt Sletten / trumpets
- Gina Kronstadt, Steven Lance, Pam Thompkins, Lisa Adams, Joan Murakiani, Ulysses Roseman Jr., Tom Tally, Donna Paul & Kihae Kim / strings
- Madonna Slavin, Kevin Yee, Barry Goldsman, Micelle Pearlman & Alvin Marsden / background vocals

LP Sudarshan Disc BBT 108 (1976)
Mantra Rock Music and Blue Moonsoon Music (2000)
Lyrics by: Jeffrey Armstrong and Michael Cassidy
Music by: Michael Cassidy -

and to michael cassidy for the last updates

GOLDEN AVATAR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy GOLDEN AVATAR A Change Of Heart Music

A Change Of Heart - Golden Avatar LPA Change Of Heart - Golden Avatar LP
Vinyl$2.49 (used)
A Change of HeartA Change of Heart
Sudarshan Disc
Golden Avatar A Change of Heart Original Sudarshan Disc Records release SD 1 1970's Jazz/Fusion/Rock Vinyl (1976)Golden Avatar A Change of Heart Original Sudarshan Disc Records release SD 1 1970's Jazz/Fusion/Rock Vinyl (1976)
Original recording
Sudarshan disc
Golden Avatar - A Change Of Heart - [LP]Golden Avatar - A Change Of Heart - [LP]
Vinyl$1.90 (used)

More places to buy GOLDEN AVATAR music online Buy GOLDEN AVATAR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GOLDEN AVATAR A Change Of Heart ratings distribution

GOLDEN AVATAR A Change Of Heart reviews

Review by TCat
2 stars I simply bought this as a used vinyl for 50 cents in a second hand store only because I liked the album cover and it looked interesting. The album features quite an amazing lineup of instruments and musicians and prog archives lists it as jazz fusion, so that worked in it's favor after I got it home and looked up information on the album.

The album is full of Hindu inspired lyrics. Okay I can work with that. The vocalist had a very 70s soft rock timbre which quickly got on my nerves. This makes the entire album sound dated, but the fact that the vocals are way too clean just make the music sound cheesy. It's just too perfect. The vocals need some grit or something and the vocalist sounds nothing like Cat Stevens but more like David Gates or Bobby Goldsboro or Glen Campbell. The voice to me is too unbelievable and annoying because of it's plainness.

The instrumentals are actually very good and some of the instrumental breaks are very inspired. But unfortunately, they are not long enough and seem to be kept at bay way too much to make room for the vocals and lyrics. I guess that's the type of album they were trying to make. If things were reversed so that the instruments were allowed to take the spotlight more often, then it's possible this could have squeaked out a 4 star rating. I was hoping that the track entitled "Swetadwip" was going to at least allow more space for instrumental development, but the vocalist won't shut up long enough for that to happen.

So I can't give this a very good rating because the weaknesses are allowed way too much focus and not enough instrumental freedom definitely disqualifies this album as any kind of Jazz Fusion. This is more like Prog-Folk if anything, but it's hard for me to even consider it Prog-Folk because that would be an insult to good Prog-Folk bands like Blondel's earliest works. In actuality, it is more like Soft Rock with a few great yet frustratingly short instrumental breaks to keep things interesting, but not interesting enough. I'm certainly glad I didn't spend a lot on this and that I never came across this album back when it was released because I might have fallen for the album artwork, which has happened before, but usually with much better results. Don't bother with this one unless you like hindu-inspired soft rock, because that is all this is. 2 stars only. If it weren't for the few interesting instrumental breaks (and I mean very few) this would have only got 1 star.

4 stars This 1976 album is sure common as dirt. I guess in the late '70s a ton of copies were sold at airports and on the streets where the Hare Krishnas would attempt to sell this, as well as the Bhagavad Gita As It Is. This album was said to have gone gold in Canada, so I'm guessing regular record stores ... (read more)

Report this review (#1463373) | Posted by Progfan97402 | Tuesday, September 15, 2015 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Here on PA Golden Avatar is listed under Jazz-Rock/Fusion category; Discogs sages pronounced it Prog Folk. Both definitions are true and do not contradict each other in the slightest. In fact, A Change Of Heart is an excellent example of peaceful coexistence of a good half-dozen styles. Dependin ... (read more)

Report this review (#1326619) | Posted by Argonaught | Saturday, December 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I fail to see what's Prog on this release. It got some jazzier moments but otherwise sounds more like some Hindu version of Gospel. It's not entirely that either, so I guess it's something unique and, thus, Prog? A few good songs but no one that lives up to it's full potential, due to a weak prod ... (read more)

Report this review (#162149) | Posted by Frasse | Monday, February 18, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Golden Avatar is basiaclly a band built around the vision of Hindu Michael Cassidy. Cassidy writes all the music and lyrics. The band has feet in several genre's, and they are generally quite a versatile band. You probably could brand them symphonic folk/prog/pop but they seem just at home tac ... (read more)

Report this review (#78805) | Posted by Brendan | Saturday, May 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GOLDEN AVATAR "A Change Of Heart"