HERE TO HEAR

Good, but non-essential

Buy WISHBONE ASH Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Cosmic Jazz 3:32 (!)
2. Keeper Of The Light 3:56 (*)
3. Mental Radio 4:55 (+)
4. Walk On Water 4:03 (!)
5. Witness To Wonder 4:12 (₪)
6. Lost Cause In Paradise 4:46 (!)
7. Why Don't We 6:15 (+)
8. In The Case 3:31 (+)
9. Hole In My Heart (Part One) 3:06 (!)
10.Hole In My Heart (Part Two) 4:32 (#)

Bonus Tracks on the 2003 Talking Elephant release:
11. Heaven Is (?)
12. Bolan's Monument (@)
13. Duffle Shuffle (+)
14. Cosmic Jazz (Karaoke Version) (!)

Search WISHBONE ASH Here to Hear lyrics

? by M Turner/A Powell/S Upton
@ by A Powell/M Turner

IRS EIRSACD 1006, 82006, CDP 24 1019 2 1989
Talking Elephant TECD049 2003 Incl. bonus tracks

Thanks to avestin for the addition

WISHBONE ASH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WISHBONE ASH Here to Hear Music

Here To HearHere To Hear
Talking Elephant 2003
Here to HearHere to Hear
Capitol 1990
From Here to HearFrom Here to Hear
Audio CD$20.00 (used)

More places to buy WISHBONE ASH music online Buy WISHBONE ASH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WISHBONE ASH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WISHBONE ASH Here to Hear ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(7%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(21%)

WISHBONE ASH Here to Hear reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This is a pretty good Wishbone Ash album in the same style as No Fire Without Smoke from 1978. Just like on that album, several songs remind me a bit of Dire Straits, only much better. Both of these albums also end with a two-part composition. Don't be fooled by this, however. This is not really progressive rock. Just very good and sophisticated hard rock music; well written, well performed, well recorded and well produced.

There are more keyboards on this album than on most Wishbone Ash albums, but only ever in the background - never as a lead instrument. The bass guitar is often loud and bottom. Especially on the Hole In My Heart (Parts 1), where the bass almost has that wonderful Chris Sqiure sound.

The electric guitars are very well played (as on most Wishbone Ash albums).

Apart from the very good Hole In My Heart suite, there is really no need to mention specific songs, everything is good but nothing is outstanding.

Not the ultimate place to start, but one of the better Wishbone Ash albums I have heard so far.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#185129) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 09, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars After their disastrous « Nouveau Calls », WA could only released better music. Unfortunately, this one is not a big improvement in terms of song writing and musical compositions as a whole. Vocals do add a bit of flavor in comparison with their prior and pitiful release; but I can hardly be truly enthusiastic about this record. The proof is the pudding? Most of this album is filled with pretty basic rock songs without any prog feeling like "Keeper Of The Light". Most of the tracks are based on this rock scheme. "Mental Radio" is an upbeat anthem and by far my fave out of this maelstrom of weak songs.

The glory guitar twin solos are far away, I'm afraid. It is really difficult to be generous with the band at this stage of their career. But of course, plenty of giants have known lesser times. Just the same feeling with WA did while I listen to this recording (and some prior ones).

Some sort of "U2" ballad while they play "Witness To Wonder" isn't really what I would have expected from WA. But THEY decided to go that way, I didn't? To suffer a weak and disco track as "Lost Cause In Paradise" is quite challenging? This is a very much below Roxy type of songs.

The worse is still to come with the poppish "Why Don't We". The only positive sign in here is some good guitar notes out of this general disaster. And even if some good moments can be experienced during "In The Case", the whole of this album sounds rather flat.

As a whole, two stars is MY legitimate opinion. OK, the last and longest track "Hole In My Heart" (both parts) is the best song of this album and it sometimes remind me of the good old days (the twin guitar ones).

Some of the bonus tracks are interesting ("Heaven is"). At least, a great guitar part can be experienced.

Hate and war.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#457708) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 06, 2011

3 stars Yes yes yes ,I know.This is not really prog anymore from Wishbone Ash.The days of Argus is over and thankfully we still get music from them ,and of course there are hits and misses. Now, like "Number the brave' 'New England' and albums from that era by them, which I really like,this is an album ... (read more)

Report this review (#457997) | Posted by gr8dane | Tuesday, June 07, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While not exactly prog rock, for fans of Wishbone Ash Here To Hear is a must have. The Mk I lineup of Ash reunited in the late '80s and did three albums: in 1987 Nouveau Calls, in 1989 Here To Hear, and in 1991 Strange Affair. Here To Hear is the best of the three; Nouveau Calls is all instumenta ... (read more)

Report this review (#102277) | Posted by DocB | Saturday, December 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WISHBONE ASH "Here to Hear"