CHIP-MEDITATION PART I

Software Chip-Meditation Part I album cover

Buy SOFTWARE Music
Studio Album, released in 1985

1. Julias-Dream (8:04)
2. Self Similarity-Life (11:19)
3. Frontiers-Of-Chaos (5:55)

- Michael Weisser & Peter Mergener / synthesized sounds
- Horst Breiter / voice

IC

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

SOFTWARE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SOFTWARE Chip-Meditation Part I Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
FragranceFragrance
Audio CD$22.99 (used)
Electronic Universe 1Electronic Universe 1
Innovative Commun. 1987
Audio CD$59.95 (used)

More places to buy SOFTWARE music online Buy SOFTWARE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SOFTWARE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SOFTWARE Chip-Meditation Part I ratings distribution

SOFTWARE Chip-Meditation Part I reviews

Review by Modrigue
3 stars Rather relaxing and trippy album from the duo Software. Their music is mostly inspired by the german electronic school, especially Tangerine Dream and Klaus Shulze.

Chip Meditations Part I makes the listener dive into an electronic journey inside the computer. The pieces are smoothly sequenced in order to create an hypnotic and robotic effect. For that, the sound is very similar to Klaus Schulze's Audendity. The higlights here are the enchanting Self Similarity Life and the last ambient part of the album.

I recommend this band to all fans of Klaus Schulze, electronica and ambient music. 3,5 stars !

Send comments to Modrigue (BETA) | Report this review (#109238) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 28, 2007

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars It's four years since a SOFTWARE review here, so I'll throw in a quick one. It's a German duo of Michael Weisser & Peter Mergener, one of the main acts in the Innovative Communication label. Their branch of electronic music is rather 80's, but not in a horrible way. They can be compared to the likes of Conrad Schnitzler (and perhaps to Jean Michel Jarre, to a lesser degree): their music is plainly electronic in sound, not attempting to be anything else. Not soft soundsapes la Vangelis. And their themes are quite non-narrative, either dealing with outer space or somehow clinically scientific such as the world of computers etc. And perhaps that feature is one of the reasons for that 80's feel, the same way out-of-date or worn-out as the original film TRON (I wonder if the new Tron film is any good...). Technologically, they were very strongly on the crest of the development of computer-made sounds. But the world has come a long way since those days...

This album is one of their earlier ones, probably not among their finest efforts. Well, the title is very poignant. Chip-Meditation. Many of the tracks are quite long, I'd say overstaying their welcome quite often. There are no tracks that would feel very different or fresh among the other ones. But still, not a bad album at all if you are into this sort of music. 2,5 stars.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#419658) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review by colorofmoney91
3 stars Software's music is generally characterized by sounding like a more tame, new-age version of Klaus Schulze, and that is very much the case on Chip-Meditation Part I. This album is decent progressive electronic, except that it doesn't really develop very much at all. There are very few structural progressions in the tracks themselves or as a whole. All of these tracks follow the same light pulse and light synth that really makes this album seem like a cold landscape of the inside of a computer. Even though the tracks don't exactly progress in structure, every song does start quiet and gradually builds in intensity with the addition of small sounds that previously were missing. This album would be completely new-age boredom if there were synthetic sounding new-age drum beats, but those appear very rarely and are hidden behind the monotonous synths that travel the cold environment of this album.

This album is very tame compared to most progressive electronic music, and seems like pre- new-age material for the most part. Chip-Meditation Part I is fantastic listening for attempting to drift off to sleep, but don't expect any extensive or emotional mind voyages here.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#438061) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 23, 2011

4 stars In the interests of fairness I agree that for the average listener, Chip Meditation part 1 is a bit intense. I never really considered this album to be progressive music but it is listed as such here. My problem with most Electronic music is that the 3-5 minute format is not even close to wha ... (read more)

Report this review (#428347) | Posted by Ganzfeld | Wednesday, April 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SOFTWARE "Chip-Meditation Part I"