WHAT WE HAVE SOWN

Pineapple Thief

Pineapple Thief What We Have Sown album cover

Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. All You Need To Know (4:19)
2. Well I Think Thats What You Said (5:24)
3. Take Me With You (5:07)
4. West Winds (8:52)
5. Deep Blue World (6:08)
6. What We Have Sown (27:33)

Search PINEAPPLE THIEF What We Have Sown lyrics

Search PINEAPPLE THIEF What We Have Sown tabs

- Bruce Soord / vocals, guitar
- Wayne Higgins / guitar
- Steve Kitch / keyboards
- Jon Sykes / bass
- Keith Harrison / drums

CD Cyclops Records (2007)

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

PINEAPPLE THIEF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF What We Have Sown Music

Variations on a DreamVariations on a Dream
Little ManLittle Man
Pineapple Thief - All The Wars CD US $17.90 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Tightly Unwound [Digipak] by Pineapple Thief (CD, 2008, Kscope) Vulgar Unicorn US $11.00 Buy It Now 10h 54m
The Pineapple Thief : What We Have Sown CD (2007) US $8.45 Buy It Now 13h 27m
PINEAPPLE THIEF**TIGHTLY UNWOUND (GATEFOLD/REMASTERED/ORANGE VINYL)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ALL THE WARS NEW CD US $22.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Pineapple Thief - Little Man CD US $15.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Pineapple Thief - 3000 Days CD US $19.67 Buy It Now 1 day
PINEAPPLE THIEF - 10 STORIES DOWN - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.07 Buy It Now 2 days
The Pineapple Thief - Introducing The Pineapple Thief (NEW 2 x CD) US $13.14 Buy It Now 2 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - ALL THE WARS - KSCOPE231 US $18.38 Buy It Now 4 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - WHAT WE HAVE SOWN - KSCOPE223 US $16.36 Buy It Now 4 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - ONE THREE SEVEN - KSCOPE246 US $16.36 Buy It Now 4 days
Pineapple Thief Tightly Unwound + the Dawn Raids Part One and Two 1 US $14.99 [0 bids]
PINEAPPLE THIEF - VARIATIONS ON A DREAM NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 4 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ONE THREE SEVEN NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 4 days
Pineapple Thief - Introducing [CD New] US $9.52 Buy It Now 5 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - SHOW A LITTLE LOVE - KSCOPE164S US $15.07 Buy It Now 5 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - VARIATIONS ON A DREAM - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.31 Buy It Now 5 days
The Pineapple Thief 3000 Days 24HR - POST!! US $18.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream [CD New] US $11.94 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief - One Three Seven [CD New] US $11.91 Buy It Now 5 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING - NEW CD US $10.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [CD New] US $13.68 Buy It Now 6 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - INTRODUCING... [PINEAPPLE THIEF] [CD BOXSET] - NEW CD BOXSET US $6.54 Buy It Now 7 days
Pineapple Thief The - One Three Seven NEW CD US $16.54 Buy It Now 7 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF One Three Seven Remastered CD 2013 Reissue NEW & SEALED US $16.89 Buy It Now 8 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - 10 STORIES DOWN NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 8 days
All the Wars by Pineapple Thief (CD, Sep-2012, Kscope) US $10.31 Buy It Now 8 days
Tightly Unwound [Digipak] by Pineapple Thief (CD, Nov-2013, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $13.52 Buy It Now 8 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 9 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [Digipak] (CD 2008) US $15.19 Buy It Now 9 days
Pineapple Thief - What We Have Sown [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 9 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**TIGHTLY UNWOUND (REMASTERED)**2 CD SET US $13.50 Buy It Now 9 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - WHAT WE HAVE SOWN NEW CD US $19.43 Buy It Now 9 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - 3000 DAYS (2 CD) - V/GOOD - 24HR POST!!! US $17.81 Buy It Now 9 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: One Three Seven (Sealed KScope 246) US $5.24 Buy It Now 9 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Tightly Unwound (Sealed KScope 101) US $5.24 Buy It Now 9 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Show a Little Love (K-Scope 164S - Sealed) US $5.24 Buy It Now 9 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Little Man (K-Scope) US $5.24 Buy It Now 9 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: All the Wars (Sealed KScope 231) US $5.24 Buy It Now 9 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: 3000 Days (K-Scope 2-disc set - Sealed) US $9.74 Buy It Now 9 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.67 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief-Tightly Unwound (CD 2008) NEW 24HR POST US $15.26 Buy It Now 10 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - Glasgow march 2011 tour concert/gig poster US $11.87 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing CD US $17.82 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream CD US $16.37 Buy It Now 11 days
Pineapple Thief - What We Have Sown CD US $16.28 Buy It Now 11 days
Pineapple Thief - All The Wars LP Vinyl Record US $29.65 Buy It Now 11 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound LP Vinyl Record US $36.78 Buy It Now 11 days
The Pineapple Thief - 10 Stories Down, RARE Orig. Cyclops 2CD NEW! US $54.32 Buy It Now 11 days
The Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing (NEW CD) US $20.78 Buy It Now 11 days
The Pineapple Thief - Show A Little Love (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 11 days
The Pineapple Thief - One Three Seven (NEW CD) US $18.23 Buy It Now 11 days
Variations on a Dream by Pineapple Thief (CD, Oct-2011, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $9.01 Buy It Now 11 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ALL THE WARS - NEW CD US $10.31 Buy It Now 11 days
One Three Seven * by Pineapple Thief (CD, Aug-2013, Kscope) US $8.97 Buy It Now 11 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - 3000 DAYS - NEW CD US $11.39 Buy It Now 11 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: The Dawn Raids, Pt. 1 (Sealed) US $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: The Dawn Raids, Pt. 2 (Sealed) US $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Build a World (EP) (Sealed) US $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND NEW VINYL US $44.34 Buy It Now 12 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - INTRODUCING NEW CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 12 days
Show a Little Love - Pineapple Thief New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.49 Buy It Now 12 days
Tightly Unwound - Pineapple Thief New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $37.65 Buy It Now 12 days
BRUCE SOORD & JONAS RENSKE Frozen North (Radio Edit) promo CD Pineapple Thief US $5.08 Buy It Now 13 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND NEW CD US $24.46 Buy It Now 13 days
Pineapple Thief - Introducing... (2014) US $13.66 Buy It Now 13 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ONE THREE SEVEN * - NEW CD US $9.08 Buy It Now 14 days
The Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound (NEW 2 x CD) US $20.78 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound CD US $19.47 Buy It Now 14 days
Someone Here Is [Analog] Pineapple Thief LP Record US $68.61 Buy It Now 15 days
Pineapple Thief - Introducing... (2014) US $12.24 Buy It Now 16 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF tightly unwound LP 9 track double album remastered and remixed h US $33.93 Buy It Now 16 days
What We Have Sown by Pineapple Thief (CD, Jan-2013, Kscope) US $11.03 Buy It Now 17 days
Introducing... [1/27] by Pineapple Thief (CD, Jan-2014, 2 Discs, Recall) US $6.56 Buy It Now 17 days
Pineapple Thief The - Introducing The Pineapple Thie NEW CD US $9.68 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - Build A World NEW CD US $9.68 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - Little Man NEW CD US $12.27 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - Variations On A Dream NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - One Three Seven NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - What We Have Sown NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - 3000 Days NEW CD US $16.77 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - Someone Here Is Missing NEW CD US $16.77 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - All The Wars NEW CD US $16.77 Buy It Now 18 days
Pineapple Thief The - Tightly Unwound NEW CD US $16.77 Buy It Now 18 days
The Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound 180gm Double Orange Vinyl LP New US $33.78 Buy It Now 18 days
Show a Little Love by Pineapple Thief (CD, Nov-2010, Kscope) US $6.46 Buy It Now 18 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING LP UK 2000 MADE US $39.99 Buy It Now 18 days
All the Wars - Pineapple Thief New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $30.36 Buy It Now 20 days
The Pineapple Thief - All The Wars 2 LP Set New Vinyl Kscope US $35.31 Buy It Now 20 days
The Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is.. 1 LP Set New Vinyl Kscope US $32.57 Buy It Now 20 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - LITTLE MAN [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $8.82 Buy It Now 21 days
The Pineapple Thief - All The Wars (NEW CD) US $20.78 Buy It Now 21 days
Pineapple Thief, All the Wars Audio CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 21 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - BUILD A WORLD - KSCOPE247 US $12.36 Buy It Now 21 days

More places to buy PINEAPPLE THIEF music online Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PINEAPPLE THIEF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PINEAPPLE THIEF What We Have Sown ratings distribution

PINEAPPLE THIEF What We Have Sown reviews

Review by ProgLucky
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP The Founder of Progarchives.com
4 stars From the Cyclops web site

"Cyclops are proud to present the sixth studio album from The PINEAPPLE THIEF. The first five tracks are a stunning set of songs that prove the quality of the writing of the main songwriter Bruce Soord, who also gives us more displays of his guitar work.

The 27 minute tour de force track "What We Have Sown" is something a little different for the group. Built around a beautiful main song, this shows the group in its more adventurous mode with terrific drum work and fluid guitar solos. lovely keyboard work is then woven into the instrumental sections together with spiralling guitar themes that ebb and flow to become one of the finest PINEAPPLE THIEF tracks to date.

We think this is their best album so far and one that will add to the reputation that this band has built up over the last five years and sure to increase their ever expanding legion of devoted fans "

Can be ordered at www.gft-cyclops.co.uk or www.pineapplethief.com due out in October 2007.

Send comments to ProgLucky (BETA) | Report this review (#142800) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 08, 2007

Review by Zitro
3 stars What We Have Sown is a very pleasant alternative rock album with folk and progressive rock elements. The music features generally easy melodies, prominent acoustic guitars, electric guitars, complementary keyboards and mellotron, and a relatively restrained rhythm section that works relatively well without being flashy. The instruments do not stand out most of the time as the vocals tend to be the dominating force in this album's shorter tracks.

I think I would describe the music as an alternate version of Radiohead. Some of the band's elements are here: the vocals sound like Yorke, the ballads sound familiar if you heard Radiohead, there is a bit of electronics, and melancholia is all over the album, even if it is nowhere as depressing as the Art Rock giants.

The album begins with the solid Radiohead-influenced All You Need to Know which features mellotron. Afterwards, the clear highlight Well, I Think That's What You Said will most likely surprise the listener with the excellent instrumental arrangements and fantastic choruses. West Winds is a subdued instrumental that has great textures and grows into a more intense section. the long title track is a quite good song, but hard to digest as it's almost thirty minutes of low to mid-tempo music. It's a nice song with some outstanding electric guitar leads in minute 4 and 10 but I generally lose interest over the second half, despite some clever chord progressions scattered throughout. I prefer Remember Us from the progarchives sample by a wide margin.

Overall, this is a good album and few would regret buying it. Pleasant, accessible, melancholic and dreamy.

Send comments to Zitro (BETA) | Report this review (#162159) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 18, 2008

4 stars I've been a fan of this band from the beginning and have often felt like a lone wolf on this site crying out their praises. So it's almost shocking to see 45 ratings already for this cd, and with them signing to a bigger label (Snapper) the future looks bright for Bruce and the boys. It doesn't hurt either to have Steven Wilson recommend this album does it ? Bruce sent Steven a copy of this cd before it was released moving Wilson to recommend to Snapper that they sign this band.

"All You Need To Know" opens with mellotron-like waves as strummed guitar and vocals arrive. Drums 1 1/2 minutes in as the sound gets louder. A minute later the electric guitar sounds fantastic as mellotron-like sounds and drums continue. I fell for this song the first time I heard it. "Well, I Think That's What You Said ?" opens with a percussion / violin melody. Vocals are Yorke-like as they arrive a minute in. Guitar 2 minutes in.The drums take over 4 minutes in, and then it ends experimentally. Great track ! "Take Me With You" opens with drums, synths and violin as mournful vocals come in again sounding like Yorke. Guitar 2 1/2 minutes in match the vocals. A spacey interlude 4 minutes in before Bruce comes back vocally with more passion.

"West Winds" opens with spacey sounds. The song gets some structure 2 minutes in as drums and guitar create a slow paced melody. The drums take the lead and dominate 5 1/2 minutes in. Some aggressive guitar joins in over a minute later as it gets intense. It becomes pastoral 8 minutes in to the end. "Deep Blue World" in my mind is a tribute to Bruce's "little man", making it a very emotional track to say the least. Strummed guitar, violin and reserved vocals lead the way, drums come later. Remarkable song. "What We Have Sown" is the over 27 minute finale. It opens with echoes. Yes it does sound like the PINK FLOYD song of the same name. That changes a minute in when heavy drums and a full sound arrive. Cool guitar melody before 3 minutes. A calm 4 1/2 minutes in as echoes are back. Piano a minute later and then waves of synths 6 minutes in with light drums. Vocals for first time 6 1/2 minutes in. This continues until mournful guitar melodies come in before 11 minutes. Piano takes the lead 12 1/2 minutes in before electronics arrive. Drums 15 minutes in as it's building, now guitar is added. Guitar becomes very passionate. Piano and electronics take over again before 20 minutes and drums come in a minute later. Processed vocals after 21 1/2 minutes are brief, although they return again briefly 2 minutes later. A hypnotic beat with electronics continues until the song is over.

Funny but my favourite songs are the 4 shortest tracks on here. Maybe that's because they're more like PINEAPPLE THIEF of old, I don't know. Still this is a solid 4 star album but not one of my favourites from the band.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#164034) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 16, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars There is nothing revolutionary in this PT album: their music is elegant, accessible, melancholic and nicely formatted. Fine melodies with some nice mellotron and guitar work in the opener "All You Need To Know" which is quite a good start to be honest.

The traditional recipes are served back with enforcement ("I Think That's What You Said") and offers little to be surprised. Again, what I like the most (but is this a surprise?) are the fine mellotron lines which provides a feel from the Scandinavian scene. A good idea, even if used scarcely ("Take Me With You").

This conventional PT album would have been better with some more punch. The long instrumental "West Winds" is rather insignificant and its only purpose was to fill the CD I guess.

All expectations are thrown into the epic and title song, but here again no wonder appears. Just a long and gloomy affair. Of course, this piece do have good qualities (the traditional PT or "Radiohead" ones) but I was waiting for some more to be true. Languishing drum play throughout, pleasant keys and invading screaming guitar are the best ingredients.

PT is not a band that surprises (at least I feel so). They are predictable, but lots of bands are, so I won't be too destructive about this criteria. In all, this album is enjoyable and deserves the three star rating without any doubt. It means that I believe that it is a good album. But not an essential one.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#235650) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 29, 2009

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
2 stars Pineapple Thief comes in that 'new wave' of Progressive Rock that is not Progressive Rock if you know what I mean. I am not really talking about the 70's kind of Prog. I'm talking about not being an Alternative Rock band with lots of Ambient music and many 'plims and ploims' electronic kind of thing. If you like, that's fine for me, but I just can't like it and I'll not force myself into it anymore.

In What We Have Sown (2007) I couldn't find anything special. I couldn't find any memorable song or even daring.

There's a phrase that stuck on my mind while listening, and that's what I have to offer about this album: "Just a cover from Radiohead recorded 10 years after the original".

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#1001079) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013

3 stars While far from a perfect prog disk, there's lots to recommend in this sixth release by Pineapple Thief. Nice Mellotron samples, a contemporary edge to the writing and melodic guitar solos. If you dig Porcupine Tree or Radiohead appeals to you - Then this disk will certainly fulfill your musical ... (read more)

Report this review (#229057) | Posted by TronFlutes | Thursday, July 30, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is stunning. There is no other word for it. For me, it represents the progressive rock of the 21st century. There is not a weak track on the album and the whole thing just flows more smoothly than a pint of Guinness. The album is genuinely more 'progressive' than recent offeri ... (read more)

Report this review (#148490) | Posted by progadder | Thursday, November 01, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Very different from the previous album little man, which I found a bit too unhappy and unenergetic to enjoy. The Instrumental West Winds is for me the highlight, but I really enjoyed the whole album. My only complaint with this band is the lack of singing in the longest song- It could have done ... (read more)

Report this review (#148427) | Posted by Brutha2 | Thursday, November 01, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PINEAPPLE THIEF "What We Have Sown"