GENESIS 1983-1998

- Nick D'Virgilio / drums and percussion
- Mike Rutherford / lead guitar, bass guitar, backing vocals
- Ray Wilson / lead vocals, backing vocals
- Nir Zidkyahu / drums and percussion

A box set spanning from 1983 to 1998 containing five CD/SACD hybrid discs: Genesis, Invisible Touch, We Can't Dance, Calling All Stations, and an Extra Tracks CD with previously unreleased material. Each album comes with a bonus DVD disc with extras such as rare footage.

Thanks to anoah for the addition
and to classicrocker for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Genesis 1983-1998 Music

Blu-ray$13.49
R-KiveR-Kive
Box set
Rhino 2014
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
CD in the beginning ~ USD $8.67
LP the magic of time ~ USD $22.58
LP trespass ~ USD $23.56
CD yakta mama ~ USD $6.19

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Genesis 1983-1998 ratings distribution

GENESIS Genesis 1983-1998 reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars A rather schizo collection, should I say? Here you have all Genesis releases after the Abacab album, except the live albums The Way We Walk part I - The Shorts & part II The Longs. It´s their most popular period (sales wise, of course) in one boxset, plus the one album recorded by the group having Ray Wilson on vocals. As a bonus, you have a whole CD of extras, rare b-sides or unreleased material of the same era.

If you like their pop period, but has maybe only the vinyl copies of them, this is a good buy. The odd CD out is the Ray Wilson one, Calling All Stations. Good or bad, it does sound too different and awkward together with the others. The best part is the extra disc with various curious and good songs (especially the instrumental ones). I´m not quite sure if they are b sides or just unreleased ones, since I never heard any of them, with the exception of On The Shoreline. But the tunes are mostly as good as (some even better than) the ones that made it to their albums and quite worth it to buy this one alone if you can find it.

If you´re in love with latter day Genesis and wants to buy them all in one punch this boxset is recommended. And you´ll get a worthy bonus, plus Ray Wilson´s only CD with them and a great booklet. Good, but hardly essential in any way.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#181313) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 01, 2008

3 stars Genesis 1983-1999 is an excellently remasted look at Genesis at their pop prime. Whereas many people are fighting about compression/loudness/B-sides left off, etc., I will discuss what we have, not wish we had. I think the older albums -Genesis, Invisible Touch - are the most affected by the ... (read more)

Report this review (#904179) | Posted by wehpanzer | Friday, February 01, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I know this may seem like a diss on Genesis. But i never cared much for Phil Collins. He wasn't as Progressive as Peter..and didnt wanna go into the weird tangents of music. I felt when Peter left genesis wasn't genesis it became a pop band. More radio friendly, more rocky and lost the glitte ... (read more)

Report this review (#181398) | Posted by Proggnat | Monday, September 01, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Genesis 1983-1998"