GHOSTS ON MAGNETIC TAPE

Progressive Electronic

Bass Communion Ghosts on Magnetic Tape album cover

Buy BASS COMMUNION Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Ghosts on Magnetic Tape I (12:45)
2. Ghosts on Magnetic Tape II (7:02)
3. Ghosts on Magnetic Tape III (10:15)
4. Ghosts on Magnetic Tape IV (8:17)
5. Ghosts on Magnetic Tape V (18:48)

Search BASS COMMUNION Ghosts on Magnetic Tape lyrics

Search BASS COMMUNION Ghosts on Magnetic Tape tabs

- Steve Wilson / all instruments

Headphone Dust CD - HDBCCD9

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition

BASS COMMUNION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BASS COMMUNION Ghosts on Magnetic Tape Music

CenotaphCenotaph
Tonefloat 2011
Bass CommunionBass Communion
Imports 2014
Bass CommunionBass Communion
Dark Matter Distribution 2007
Loss (CD w/DVD)Loss (CD w/DVD)
Soleilmoon 2006
Pacific CodexPacific Codex
Box set
Equation Records 2008
DVD Audio$74.97 (used)
trama afona - st, current 93 bass communion coil vond mortiis larva 108 ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
21 gramms - water membrane, death in june current 93 bass communion coil vond US $5.99 [0 bids]
dead letters spell out dead words - lost in reflections, bass communion coil US $5.99 [0 bids]
Bass Communion "Loss" CD/DVD 5.1 Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree **Free Shipping** US $28.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Bass Communion "Untitled 4 CD Box Set" New and Very Limited Edition 2,000 Only!! US $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BASS COMMUNION / FREIBAND - Haze Shrapnel 3"cdr (Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree) US $11.28 [0 bids]
FREIBAND / BASS COMMUNION - Headwind/Tail 3"cd (Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree) US $11.28 [0 bids]
STEVEN WILSON - BASS COMMUNION 2 - NEW CD US $16.54 Buy It Now 1 day
BARN OWL - The Conjurer OOP (2010 limited CD) Mogwai, Bass Communion US $32.43 [0 bids]
Bass Communion Ghosts On Magnetic Tape NEW 2 CD Steve Wilson Porcupine Tree US $32.45 Buy It Now 3 days
BASS COMMUNION II BY BASS COMMUNION (CD) US $21.53 Buy It Now 3 days
PORCUPINE TREE - Ilosaarirock Ltd OOP CD. Steven Wilson, Bass Communion US $95.73 [0 bids]
STEVEN WILSON as BASS COMMUNION - Ghosts on Magnetic Tape 2x 180g LP MINT US $43.80 [0 bids]
BASS COMMUNION, STEVEN WILSON, CHIAROSCURO; RARE 2 TRACK CD US $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BASS COMMUNION - BASS COMMUNION II (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $67.46 Buy It Now 4 days
Bass Communion - Bass Communion Ii [Vinyl New] US $53.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Bass Communion "II/III" 2 CD's Nov-2008 Beta-Lactam Ring Records *Free Shipping* US $38.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Bass Communion "Bass Communion" CD Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree **Free Shipping* US $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Bass Communion "Ghosts On Magnetic Tape" 2 CD's Steven Wilson **Free Shipping** US $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Bass Communion BASS COMMUNION II + III (2CD set mini gatefold ) New tf127 US $36.98 Buy It Now 5 days
BASS COMMUNION Loss 12" only 450 made!!! Porcupine Tree US $97.36 Buy It Now 5 days
BASS COMMUNION V MUSLIMGAUZE EP on SOLEILMOON 2001 CD SEALED porcupine tree US $24.33 Buy It Now 5 days
BASS COMMUNION - CONTINUUM II porcupine tree NEW & SEALED US $97.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Hidden Art Sampler CD... No Man, Tim Bowness, Bass Communion, Cipher... US $20.00 [0 bids]
Bass Communion "Bass Communion II" 2002 Excellent Condition (Steven Wilson) US $12.97 Buy It Now 7 days
TIMAS 23 - FLAMES ON VENUS LIMITED EDITION CD LAST COPIES BASS COMMUNION US $6.49 Buy It Now 7 days
TIMAS 23 - NITIRAJ LIMITED EDITION CD BASS COMMUNION US $6.49 Buy It Now 7 days
BASS COMMUNION Untitled (4x Cd BOX SET & FUSILIER SPLIT 7") PORCUPINE TREE OOP!! US $150.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Bass Communion - Vol. 2-Bass Communion [CD New] US $13.17 Buy It Now 8 days
BASS COMMUNION - BASS COMMUNION 2 NEW CD US $22.37 Buy It Now 8 days
Bass Communion 2 by Steven Wilson (CD, Mar-2003, United States of Distribution) US $10.57 Buy It Now 9 days
BASS COMMUNION (4xCD Box Set) (Steven Wilson) US $70.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Bass Communion - Vol. 2-Bass Communion CD US $19.55 Buy It Now 12 days
Steven Wilson INSURGENTES [HQCD] Japanese Limited PORCUPINE TREE,BASS COMMUNION US $73.03 Buy It Now 12 days
Bass Communion Pacific Codex Steven Wilson Conrad Schnitzler Porcupine Tree US $200.00 Buy It Now 12 days
BASS COMMUNION - LITANY (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $31.26 Buy It Now 12 days
Bass Communion Ghosts on EU DBL Marble Vinyl LP Sealed New Porcupine Tree No Man US $119.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Bass Communion - Litany [Vinyl New] US $26.99 Buy It Now 13 days
BASS COMMUNION - CENOTAPH - DOUBLE LP - NEW US $48.18 Buy It Now 14 days
Bass Communion - Molotov and Haze 2LP 180 Gr Vinyl NEW US $54.85 Buy It Now 15 days
BASS COMMUNION-MUSLIMG-BCVSMGCD-CD US $22.72 Buy It Now 20 days
Porcupine Tree Sampler 2008 (NEW & SEALED) Steven Wilson, Bass Communion US $16.15 Buy It Now 20 days
LOST TRAIL - UP TO THE SNOW LTD EDITION CD POPUL VUH BASS COMMUNION US $11.36 Buy It Now 22 days
Bass Communion Ii - Bass Communion New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $56.54 Buy It Now 22 days
Bass Communion - Ghost On Magnetic Tape 180gm Double Vinyl LP New US $45.36 Buy It Now 23 days
Bass Communion - Molotov And Haze 180gm Double Vinyl LP New US $45.36 Buy It Now 23 days
Bass Communion - Cenotaph 180gm Vinyl LP New US $48.61 Buy It Now 23 days
Bass Communion - Bass Communion Ii 180gm Double Vinyl LP New US $45.36 Buy It Now 23 days
Bass Communion EU Limited Coloured Vinyl LP Sealed New Porcupine Tree No Man US $169.99 Buy It Now 23 days
BASS COMMUNION 2 CD 7 track reissue (hd003) uk headphone dust 2002 US $21.91 Buy It Now 25 days
BASS COMMUNION - Cenotaph (Vinyl, Nov-2011, 2 Discs, ToneFloat) Steven Wilson US $69.95 Buy It Now 25 days
BASS COMMUNION - BASS COMMUNION - NEW CD BOXSET US $51.11 Buy It Now 26 days
BASS COMMUNION LOSS SOLV 11 #404 OF LIMITED 450 PORCUPINE TREE AMBIENT DEAD BOOK US $79.99 Buy It Now 26 days
PORCUPINE TREE-signify-RARE STEVEN WILSON/BASS COMMUNION/NURSE WITH WOUND-2xCD US $19.90 Buy It Now 26 days
BASS COMMUNION - CENOTAPH - NEW CD US $42.09 Buy It Now 27 days
BASS COMMUNION ghosts on magnetic tape HEADPHONE DUST 2CDs Gatefold Sleeve hdbcc US $32.46 Buy It Now 28 days
Litany - Bass Communion New & Sealed 12 INCH VINYL SINGLE Free Shipping US $31.19 Buy It Now 28 days
Bass Communion Ii - Communion Bass New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.16 Buy It Now 28 days
Bass Communion Molotov And Haze / Haze Shrapnel LP steven wilson porcupine tree US $120.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Bass Communion Ghosts On Magnetic Tape LP Vinyl steven wilson Porcupine tree US $150.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Bass Communion Fear Falls Burning NEW steven wilson porcupine tree 7" Vinyl LP US $50.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy BASS COMMUNION music online Buy BASS COMMUNION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BASS COMMUNION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BASS COMMUNION Ghosts on Magnetic Tape ratings distribution

BASS COMMUNION Ghosts on Magnetic Tape reviews

Review by Tom Ozric
4 stars Steven Wilson is a very busy individual, dividing up his time between production duties, various collaborations and side-projects outside of his main occupation, Porcupine Tree. Rarely does his quality and inspiration dip. BASS COMMUNION is his minimalist ambient experiment, and 'Ghosts on Magnetic Tape' is a fine creation of subtle murmurings, scratching noises and soft, dark drones. These various noises are reputed to be actual recordings of hauntings and super-natural phenomena. Wilson has incorporated these sounds with some eerie atmospheres, and it's quite creepy to listen to in the dark - well, it just doesn't have the same vibe during the day. The closest similarity that I can muster would be with the David Sylvian and Holger Czukay projects, or maybe even Peter Hammill on his 'Loops and Reels' release (the track entitled 'The Bells! The Bells!' for those that are curious), but stripped down. Each part of this album bares a similar mood, sound and structure, very difficult to differentiate, but the side-long Part V stands out, with help from Theo Travis, adding some sublime flute sounds. As with most SW things, this has received a double LP pressing on murky, olive-green vinyl (a very fitting colour), and expanded with a 16 min+ out-take accommodating the fourth side. This piece is somewhat relentless and ever more sinister than the rest. This one actually scares me ! I probably cannot justify this album in such few words as this, and it's a very daunting task to rate such a thing, but if the idea of taking a transcendental voyage through the netherworld sounds exciting, then this may be your thing. I'll leave it with 4 stars.

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#160635) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 03, 2008

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars Porcupine Tree mainman Steven Wilson seems to have his musical fingers in more pies than just about anyone I can think of. Bass Communion is one of his ambient projects. I've never been the biggest fan of ambient soundscapes, they're usually something I can only listen to in small doses but I must admit to rather liking Ghosts On Magnetic Tape. It's based around apparently genuine recordings of the dead communicating with the living which Wilson has weaved into his soundscapes. Now whether you believe in this sort of stuff or not is another matter but what I can say is that Wilson has successfully created a suitably eerie backdrop for these recordings on 5 separate pieces.

Supernatural crackles and vague voice sounds are heard over droning ambient backdrops creating a genuinely dark and disturbing at times sounding album. Definitely an album to lay back and listen to in the dark for maximum impact.

Since its original release it has now been re-released with a bonus disc containing the Andrew Liles reconstructions. Steven Wilson is of the opinion that this version is even creepier than his original mixes but I must admit to for the most part preferring Wilson's versions; the album just seems to flow that much better.

I don't think I'll be tempted to go out and buy all the Bass Communion Cd's but for the occasional eerie chill out this one will do fine. 3 ½ stars.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#204662) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 28, 2009

Review by colorofmoney91
3 stars Ghosts on Magnetic Tape sounded intriguing to me. I don't believe in ghosts, but they usually make for a great concept.

Unfortunately, with this album, I found myself losing interest quite quickly. Ghosts on Magnetic Tape is dark ambient, like Lustmord, but much more minimalist and, honestly, a little bit creepier. I do enjoy some dark ambient (much more so than happy ambience), but this album is not engaging at all. The electronic portion of this album consists of dark and airy drones and resonances that are barely audible sometimes, and they fade in and out of the soundscape. There are some field recordings incorporated into the mix, created from various areas and maybe even possibly authentic ghost communication recordings from a seance. The field recordings mixed with the electronic soundscape really does make for a highly atmospheric album, soundtracking your nightmares, but I personally just can't get sucked in by it or enjoy it at all. For the ambience that I enjoy listening to, this album is just too ambient.

After being satisfied with Bass Communion (I), I have to say that I will continue listening to Bass Communion in hopes of finding similarly pleasing music that I can be sucked into, enjoying all of the soundscape in its entirety with out becoming restless. I'd recommend Ghosts on Magnetic Tape to fans of Lustmord's chillest music.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#441146) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 01, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars Steven Wilson comes over all Brian Eno on his Bass Communion projects, and Ghosts On Magnetic Tape is no exception. Actually, I'd be inclined to say a better comparison this time around is Tangerine Dream's Zeit, since the compositions here have the same slow, glacial, drone-like quality to them. With crackling and spitting tape noises emerging here and there, the impression that we are listening to an impossible transmission from the netherworld is expertly evoked, creating a haunting and sombre experience for the listener. Not a place to go if you're after more lively psychedelic fun in the vein of Porcupine Tree, but if your musical tastes tend towards the minimalistic ambient there's a lot of joy to be found with these ghosts.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#660589) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 16, 2012

4 stars Bass Communion was always a mystery to me. First time I have heard this, I found out myself thinking why was Steven Wilson losing his precious time, working in so many musical projects. BS was for me, his worse. It his nothing compared with PT, or No-man, even less Blackfield. So, I found out m ... (read more)

Report this review (#576246) | Posted by hogarth | Sunday, November 27, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Well....I love Porcupine Tree....and Blackfield.....and No-Man....so I thought I would try Bass Communion.... This is nothing like any of those bands.....Steven Wilson is really out there tryng something different here..... I also enjoy Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze....and a few other Electr ... (read more)

Report this review (#166098) | Posted by digdug | Tuesday, April 08, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BASS COMMUNION "Ghosts on Magnetic Tape"