WHEN TIME FADES...

Suspyre

Suspyre When Time Fades... album cover

Buy SUSPYRE Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Possession / The Negative (5:33)
2. Evolutions (6:10)
3. Lighted Endrhyme (7:39)
4. Maniac Main Point Check (1:51)
5. Siren (One Last Breath) (10:14)
6. Reign (7:45)
7. Fallen Stars (3:41)
8. A World With No Measures (6:16)
9. The Light of the Fire (8:55)
10. Apparitions (6:09)
11. Let Freedom Ring (The Heart of It All) (11:09)

Search SUSPYRE When Time Fades... lyrics

Search SUSPYRE When Time Fades... tabs

- Clay Barton / lead and backing vocals
- Andrew Distabile / bass
- Gregg Rossetti / guitars, fretless bass, Chapman Stick, tenor saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor viola de gamba,
- Rich Skibinsky / guitars, mandolin, bass, other percussion
- Charlie Zeleny / drums
- Rob Cross / backing vocals (track 3),
- Christi D'Amico / keyboards and piano
- Trisha O'Keefe / vocals (tracks 3, 5)

Sensory Records SR3044

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

SUSPYRE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SUSPYRE When Time Fades... Music

When Time FadesWhen Time Fades
Sensory Records 2008
A Great DivideA Great Divide
Nightmare Records 2007
The Silvery ImageThe Silvery Image
CDBY 2006
When Time Fades by Suspyre (2008) Audio CDWhen Time Fades by Suspyre (2008) Audio CD
Sensory Records

More places to buy SUSPYRE music online Buy SUSPYRE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SUSPYRE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SUSPYRE When Time Fades... ratings distribution

SUSPYRE When Time Fades... reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars US band Suspyre is really finding their own way and style on this third album.

Combining elements from many types of music seems to be a specialty of these guys, and although they have a solid foundation in prog metal as a style there's a lot more to this release than just ordinary prog metal.

Highly classical influenced symphonic segments is a key addition to their sounds, most often with a distinct orchestrated sound rather than the standard multilayered synths. Jazzy moments and sax solos are a natural element of the sound on this CD too, even a violin solo unless my ears deceived me. All of this elements in mostly quirky, technical guitar dominated compositions where dissonant and decomposing riff patterns are found just as often as regular prog metal chops. Good vocals further enhance the listening experience.

The general atmosphere of this album is rather grim and dark though - this is not a CD suitable for depressed people - but it's a strong release nonetheless, and one of few prog metal releases I've come across with a unique and distinct sound that can't be mistaken for anyone else. Highly recommended of course.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#181841) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 05, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Hmm part II , but not so very nice this time

Suspyre third album to date from 2008 named When time fades. Well this time they didn't manage to come near as great as the predecesor. First ,the main influences 'till now was Dream Theatewr in places and Symphony X, now on this album main influence is Evergrey, same dark and moody atmosphere on every piece, not bad but nothing special , realy. Second, the compositions are no longer so diverse and in the middle of the album I lose intrest. The musicianship is again very good, but the proble is arrangements, nothing realy awesome like on previous album, even the key passages are less dominant, only for atmosphere, only here and there vague are puted in front. We have here aswell some again the saxophone interludes withe the other instruments, but aswell some violin and even madolin passages, not quite bad, but sometimes I have the impression that the disonant sound of sax is a little to much in front and giving un unintristing combination, the violin parts are good and exactlky as is needed. The musicians did a good job, they've tried to bring something new in this genre, but this time they didn't quite succeded. I don't know but to me this album is usual, nothing special, thay now sound like other hundreds bands from prog metal scene. Not a piece in front, not a piece is realy weak but is lacking in somthing catchy. I will give 3 stars, becaus eof the profesinalism of the band, but in rest nothing realy impressive.I don't think this is their best album, I prefer 10 times more the previous one A great divide. If the next album will sound like this When time fades for sure I will lose intrest in their music, it's a shame because they beggining so good to climb in prog metal scene with the secocond album.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#242520) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 02, 2009

3 stars I would have thought this was a European band if I didn't know differently. They really try to mix things up incorporating a lot of styles into their Prog-Metal. Charlie from BEHOLD THE ARCTOPUS and BLOTTED SCIENCE adds some drum work, while Trisha from AMARAN'S PLIGHT adds some vocals on a couple of tracks.

"Possession / The Negative" opens with guitar followed by a full sound. Rough vocals after a minute. Not a fan of his vocal style at all. It's heavier after 3 minutes. "Evolutions" has an orchestral-like start that continues until around 2 1/2 minutes when the vocals arrive. "Lighted Endrhyme" again opens with orchestral sounds then it kicks into an uptempo melody. The tempo and mood continue to change. More orchestration as well. "Maniac Main Point Check" is a top three track for me. It's just an aggressive 2 minutes that's all. "Siren (One Last Breath)", at least I assume it's "Breath" on my cd it says "Breat". Now if it's "Breast" I could see how that would have apocolyptic implications. It opens with choirs as reserved vocals and pastoral setting come in. Great sound before 4 minutes as it picks up with guitar out in front. Sax 6 minutes in then Trisha on vocals a minute later.

"Reign" is more of a straight up metal tune except for the sax and orchestration. "Fallen Stars" is a mellow ballad-like tune. "A World With No Measures" kicks in right away. Vocals a minute in. Great track. "The Light Of The Fire" opens in a relaxed but dark way. Reserved vocals before a minute. Heavy guitar before 2 minutes then it kicks in. Growly vocals come and go along with his rough vocals. A Power-Metal flavour to this one. "Apparitions" is a top three track as it hits the ground running. Some spoken words in this one. "Let Freedom Ring (The Heart Of It All)" features heavy drums with keys and synths. Vocals before 1 1/2 minutes as the tempo picks up. A calm after 6 minutes before kicking back in.

75 1/2 minutes is too long in my opinion. Lots to like here but also things that rub me the wrong way.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#248421) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

2 stars Well the most interesting thing about this band is the vocal, so powerful, wild and fits the style in general terms. Though I loved their previous works more, still you can find in this album some good moments scattered here and there, but the most common feeling I came up while listening to ... (read more)

Report this review (#655301) | Posted by Tarek | Monday, March 12, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Suspyre keeps getting better and better every time i hear them they just seem to so efortlessly take what they will from various genres and transform it into a brand new sound while appearing to be just another prog metal album by another prog metal band When Time Fades... is a sure classic ... (read more)

Report this review (#336702) | Posted by paroxix | Saturday, November 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SUSPYRE "When Time Fades..."