PYRE OF DREAMS

- Colleen Gray / vocals
- DC Cooper / vocals

Self Release - catalogue number NGC-4650a
Progrock Records release - catalogue number PRR 400

Thanks to windhawk for the addition
and to T.Rox for the last updates

PERSEPHONE'S DREAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PERSEPHONE'S DREAM Pyre Of Dreams Music

MoonspellMoonspell
Pup in a Cup Productions 2011
OppositionOpposition
Pup in a Cup Productions 2001

More places to buy PERSEPHONE'S DREAM music online Buy PERSEPHONE'S DREAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PERSEPHONE'S DREAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PERSEPHONE'S DREAM Pyre Of Dreams ratings distribution

PERSEPHONE'S DREAM Pyre Of Dreams reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Interesting release from this long-lasting US band on their fourth release since their debut in 1997.

Coming across as a much mellower and dreamier version of Ayreon, and with great musical similarities to label-mates Project Creation, this band has the moods and atmospheres that will make them an interesting band for many.

They have some rather good songs as well, with a nice and good flow between ambient sounding, mellow and epic-sounding musical moods.

Main drawback on this release is the 5-part epic Temple in Time - where most of the parts unfortunately stand out as rather weak tracks compared to what is offered on the rest of the album.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#182040) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008

Review by rushfan4
3 stars Persephone's Dream are a band that I discovered a few years back when I found their album Opposition in a used CD store. I was intrigued to find a heavy metal band with a female lead singer, which seemed quite unique to me; at least at that time. They returned 6 years later with a new vocalist to release the album Pyre of Dreams. The previous reviewer made a nice observation in recognizing their similarity to their label mates Project Creation. The music consists of some beautiful female vocals, and strong guitar, keyboards, and drums. The second track Synesthesia is probably my favorite from the album and the 11th track Aphrodite is probably my second favorite. The 4th track Cryptoendolith is an excellent percussion based instrumental that is way too short at 1:34.

Tracks 5 through 9 are parts I through V of the 23 minute long epic titled Temple In Time. I think that musically and vocally it is pretty good. Guest vocalist D.C. Cooper of Royal Hunt and Amaran's Plight fame makes an appearance. It appears to tell the story of King Arthur, and the slaying of a dragon. Although I enjoy these types of stories within music, I suspect that others might find them to be too cheesy for their tastes. Interestingly, tracks III and IV included in the body of the album are dubbed the King Arthur mixes. These two songs are repeated as bonus songs at the end but these are dubbed the Lady in the Lake mixes. I'm not quite sure what the differences are, so it sounds like reason for further investigation.

If you like your hard rock/heavy metal with creative percussion, synthesizers and female vocals than this band is for you. I find this album to be a good listen, but not essential, and therefore I give it 3 stars.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#191686) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Post a review of PERSEPHONE'S DREAM "Pyre Of Dreams"