TIME

Good, but non-essential

Buy PINK FLOYD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1973

1. Time - edit (3:15)
2. Us and Them - edit (3:33)

Search PINK FLOYD Time lyrics

Label Harvest, EMI (UK)
Harvest, Capitol (US)
Writer(s) David Gilmour/Nick Mason/Roger Waters/Richard Wright
Producer Pink Floyd

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

PINK FLOYD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PINK FLOYD Time Music

PINK FLOYD INSPIRED SIGNED ART PRINT PHOTO POSTER AUTOGRAPH GIFT TIME USD $10.88 Buy It Now 8h 13m
PINK FLOYD "THE DIVISION BELL" 2 ORIG 1994 CUTTINGS (THE TIMES / ROLLING STONE) USD $4.65 Buy It Now 2 days
STIR-RARE 4 TRACK U.S PROMO EP CD-Time PINK FLOYD COVER-2000-Holy Dogs USD $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
1 PINK FLOYD money / time JUKEBOX TITLE STRIP USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Nektar - Time Machine LP Vinyl Prog Rock Pink Floyd Uriah Heep Deep Purple DIO USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $13.93 Buy It Now 6 days
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $18.60 Buy It Now 6 days
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $23.27 Buy It Now 6 days
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $31.05 Buy It Now 6 days
PINK FLOYD Wish You Were Here U.S. PROMO LP W/ BAG, POSTARD & TIMING STRIP 1975 USD $43.06 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD THE WALL 2011 REMASTERED 2-CD SET USED 1 TIME USD $14.00 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD: Time +3 45 (promo-only EP w/ VG+ PS light ringwear, 1/2" tear @ ope USD $150.00 Buy It Now 10 days
PINK FLOYD - The Wall, PR 2 LP WITH TIMING STRIP USD $54.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DUBSTEP SIDE OF THE MOON CD (pink floyd remixed party /dance style) Time money USD $12.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PINK FLOYD : DARK SIDE OF THE MOON CD ALBUM REMASTER 1994 MONEY BREATHE TIME USD $7.45 Buy It Now 18 days
SPACE IN TIME MEGA RARE SWISS PROG PRIVATE 12" EP PINK FLOYD ELOITERON DRAGONFLY USD $238.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Pink Floyd GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME (17 Nov. 74) 3 CD MINI LP WITH OBI USD $29.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Pink Floyd GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME (17 Nov. 74) mini LP 3CD Set w/OBI Strips USD $47.95 Buy It Now 20 days
PINK FLOYD - GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME - VOL 1-3 - 3 CD MINI LP - OBI - NEW USD $46.99 Buy It Now 20 days
PINK FLOYD , A Memory Lapse Of Time , incl. insert , Gatefold , LP , EX- USD $16.35 Buy It Now 20 days
HAWKWIND-Warriors On The Edge Of Time JAPAN Press w/OBI Motorhead Pink Floyd USD $69.99 Buy It Now 22 days
PINK FLOYD: ECHOES [HEY YOU,MONEY,TIME,ONE OF THESE DAYS,GREAT GIG IN THE SKY++] USD $10.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Return to the Dark Side of the Moon:A Tribute to Pink Floyd Time Money Us USD $3.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Pink Floyd - A Journey Through Time and Space 2CD USD $49.99 Buy It Now 29 days
PINK FLOYD - "The Live Medley/Time" BRAZIL PROMO 12" Single MIX DJ MEME - UNIQUE USD $99.00 Buy It Now 29 days
CD atom heart mother ~ USD $15.01
LP dark side of the moon (40th anniversary edition) ~ USD $27.17
LP live in pompeii ~ USD $27.92
LP london 1966-1967 ~ USD $31.43
CD saucerful of secrets ~ USD $15.01
CD the piper at the gates of dawn ~ USD $15.77
LP the wall ~ USD $37.21
LP wish you were here ~ USD $27.17

More places to buy PINK FLOYD music online Buy PINK FLOYD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PINK FLOYD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PINK FLOYD Time ratings distribution

PINK FLOYD Time reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Time' - Pink Floyd (Single)

Here's another 'Dark Side Of The Moon' sampler. Unlike the 'Money' single however, these are edits, which really seems to detract from the overall mix. However, that does mean that in a sense, it's an original experience here that you can't necessarily experience on the album. In any case though, here are two great, spacy songs from an absolutely fantastic album.

'Time' has to be one of the highlights of 'Dark Side' for me, maybe excluding the mind-blowing track 'Brain Damage.' As an edit here, you won't get the same feeling the whole 7 minutes was able to give, but whatever. Alan Parsons did a fantastic job at complimenting the performance with his production chops here, and it's a great song.

'Us And Them' is probably the most chilled song on the whole record. It's basically 'Dark Side's version of a ballad, or something along those lines... It's basically a spaced out jazzy song with alot of dramatic peaks and fantastic sax work, as always. As an edit once again however, it detracts from the overall feeling and you don't get the near-hypnotic feeling you do when listening to the album version.

If you haven't (and I'm sure you have,) give these tracks a listen, by all means. Preferably in their full form, but this is still great, beautiful music here.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#278697) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Again, since this is the first collaborator review, I'll have it a go. I rather write something about a single from Dark Side of The Moon than about the album with God knows how endless list of reviews (hundreds?). Why this song? Well, there was a time in my teenage years I thought 'Time' was one of the greatest rock songs ever. But actually it was the time I had purchased Delicate Sound Of Thunder, Pink Floyd's concert double vinyl from from 1988. Of course I knew the DSOTM album years before, but it was the mellower live version I preferred. And still do; the album version is a bit too rough and angry for me.

This single (no cover art?) includes two cuts from the famous bestseller album, 'Time' and 'Us And Them', both edited straight from the seamless album, I presume, because of the word 'edit'. 'Money' single preceeded this one, and that song sounds very much like a hit for a wide audience. I may not be very wrong if I guess it's not among favourite Floyd songs among PA community...? 'Time' is also quite a straight, if artsy, rock song, but much more hypnotic and proggy, and also a good example of the classic Floyd sound. Gilmour's guitar throws an excellent solo, and among hard-rocking verses ("ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...") there are more ethearal parts ("tired of lying in the sunshine / you stay inside and watch the rain") and overall the song is dreamy/trippy in a way that you surrender completely to it, eyes closed. As a teenager I remember I got "high" with this song when too many glasses of wine circled in my head. And I still find the same feeling with this song, no alcohol needed!

It's a song any rock listener might find good, not just friends of Prog. The lyrics (about the sense of time) probably speak especially to young people. "And then one day you find / ten years have got behind you..." Excellent lyrics, very universal in deed.

'Us And Them' (3:33)... It seems it's a harsh editing, because the track is about twice as long really. Of course I should hear this to judge how it works as a single edit. But speaking of it as a part of DSOTM album, it's a great song. Mellow and in a slow tempo (fine sax playing!) and with more intensive chorus parts. Again,Waters is a fantastic lyricist, this time dealing with various dividing lines between groups of people, including a strong anti-military message.

I could rate this timeless music five stars, but as a single this is not that essential. It's more about a magnificent ALBUM than separate songs. I don't think I'll ever write a review of DSOTM here, so I give my respect to it this way.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#640784) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Another single from DSOTM? Why not, it deserves it. It is great to listen to these old nuggets on vinyl that crackle with age and bristle with energy. "Time" is one of my favourite tracks with an excellent melody and amazing instrumental work. The clock chimes signify the alarm call where madness waits at the door, but time is wasted and we have achieved nothing. This is edited without Breathe and sounds weird as it fades out but its okay as a sampler.

The flip side is as good with an edit of "Us and Them", a song about belonging in a world that treats you as an outcast unless you can fit into the mould that society creates. The track relies heavily on clean guitar and mellotron and seems to float along like a stream of sound. The song's lyrics speak of those who are on the street because they cannot cope with the world, and those who are able to cope and therefore off the streets and safe in the cookie cutter mould of social integration. The song has political connotations seen in the live footage played in concert with images of famous presidents such as Thatcher and Bush.

Overall these edited versions are awful in comparison to the longer versions but they are rare and worth grabbing if you are lucky enough to find them. Collectors need only apply in any case.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#751740) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 11, 2012

2 stars Single release from Pink Floyd in 1973 contains a bad radio edit of "Time" and the flip side of "Us and Them", which in this case is also a radio edit. What the heck??? I hate radio edits, especially of well known classic songs such as these 2 from DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, a seminal Pink Floyd and pro ... (read more)

Report this review (#732441) | Posted by mohaveman | Wednesday, April 18, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PINK FLOYD "Time"