TIME

Pink Floyd Time album cover

Buy PINK FLOYD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1973

1. Time - edit (3:15)
2. Us and Them - edit (3:33)

Search PINK FLOYD Time lyrics

Label Harvest, EMI (UK)
Harvest, Capitol (US)
Writer(s) David Gilmour/Nick Mason/Roger Waters/Richard Wright
Producer Pink Floyd

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

PINK FLOYD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PINK FLOYD Time Music

Money B/w TimeMoney B/w Time
Capitol/EMI Special Markets
Vinyl$50.00
Pink Floyd 45 RPM Us and Them / TimePink Floyd 45 RPM Us and Them / Time
EMI Records Ltd.
Vinyl$30.00 (used)
PINK FLOYD Another Brick In The Wall 7" Reissue B/w One Of My Turns With Time Er USD $66.58 Buy It Now
Pink Floyd: Money Card Sleeved PROMO gold Cd First Time In 1.5 Surround Sound USD $13.07 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $11.71 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $15.64 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $19.56 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD - Time - song lyric print in 4 sizes ? typography art poster xl xxl USD $26.10 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIT FLOYD Space & Time Live In Amsterdam CD Celebrating 50 Years Of Pink Floyd USD $19.00 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
CD 1990 Pink Floyd Ivor Wynne WORK 5518/2 Italy Men at Work Time Money Eclipse USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Pink Floyd Pulse vinyl 4 lp box set 1995 PLAYED 1 time Beautiful Book Included USD $319.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VG++ 1974 Pink Floyd Time / Us And Them 7" 45RPM w/paper slv USD $12.99 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion: Evening / Night Time ... UK CD-R acetate promo USD $101.40 Buy It Now 3 days
THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA PLAYS THE MUSIC OF PINK FLOYD[TIME,MONEY,BREATHE+] USD $12.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Funky Art Print - A4 Size USD $7.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Framed - Pink Floyd - Time - Poster Art Print - 5x7 Inches USD $19.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.87 Buy It Now 4 days
Pink Floyd Saturday Review Times 2 May 2015 Roger Waters Nick Mason David Gilmor USD $3.27 Buy It Now 4 days
PINK FLOYD SONGBOOK by Alex Bollard 1994 CD ~ Arnold Layne - Money - Time USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PINK FLOYD THE WALL ORIGINAL PROMOTIONAL 2-LP SET TIMING STRIP ON COVER 1979 USD $799.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ELO / TIME - Japan MASTER SOUND LP PINK FLOYD USD $9.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD More Journeys Through Time & Space DVD 1968-1972 Psych PROGRESSIVE USD $23.54 Buy It Now 6 days
Pink Floyd Us and Them Time 45 Record LP USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DUBSTEP SIDE OF THE MOON CD (pink floyd remixed party /dance style) Time money USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
#1s 37 Of The Greatest #1 Singles Of All Times - 2CDs Pink Floyd, Queen, Abba USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Song Sheet Poster - Unique Art USD $7.85 Buy It Now 13 days
Pink Floyd Us and Them/Time 45 3832 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Rock Lyrics Poster A3 A4 Or Laminated USD $3.91 Buy It Now 16 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Rock Lyrics Poster A3 A4 Or Laminated USD $5.22 Buy It Now 16 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Rock Lyrics Poster A3 A4 Or Laminated USD $17.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Rock Lyrics Poster A3 A4 Or Laminated USD $9.15 Buy It Now 16 days
Pink Floyd - Time - Rock Lyrics Poster A3 A4 Or Laminated USD $6.53 Buy It Now 16 days
7"-Single PINK FLOYD - Time / Breathe (1973) FRANCE PRESS / WHITE LABEL PROMO USD $79.99 Buy It Now 20 days
DAVID GILMOUR self-titled CD 1st CBS oz 1978/89 orig time/art SELECT pink floyd USD $34.25 Buy It Now 22 days
Pink Floyd - Time / Us And Them - 7" 45 Single USD $40.00 Buy It Now 26 days
PINK FLOYD "THE DIVISION BELL" 2 ORIG 1994 CUTTINGS (THE TIMES / ROLLING STONE) USD $3.91 Buy It Now 27 days
SUNDAY TIMES STYLE MAGAZINE 1 OCT 2006 . PINK FLOYD SYD BARRETT FULL PAGE PHOTO USD $9.15 Buy It Now 27 days
THE TIMES NEWSPAPER 12 JULY 2006 . PINK FLOYD SYD BARRETT DEAD FRONT COVER USD $19.61 Buy It Now 27 days
Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" VG++/VG+ #211 Top 500 Albums of All Time USD $36.95 Buy It Now 27 days
PINK FLOYD : DARK SIDE OF THE MOON CD ALBUM REMASTER 1994 MONEY BREATHE TIME USD $6.27 Buy It Now 28 days
Pink Floyd - Before Time Began Japan EXP-88202 RARE!! With OBI USD $134.04 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PINK FLOYD music online Buy PINK FLOYD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PINK FLOYD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PINK FLOYD Time ratings distribution

PINK FLOYD Time reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Time' - Pink Floyd (Single)

Here's another 'Dark Side Of The Moon' sampler. Unlike the 'Money' single however, these are edits, which really seems to detract from the overall mix. However, that does mean that in a sense, it's an original experience here that you can't necessarily experience on the album. In any case though, here are two great, spacy songs from an absolutely fantastic album.

'Time' has to be one of the highlights of 'Dark Side' for me, maybe excluding the mind-blowing track 'Brain Damage.' As an edit here, you won't get the same feeling the whole 7 minutes was able to give, but whatever. Alan Parsons did a fantastic job at complimenting the performance with his production chops here, and it's a great song.

'Us And Them' is probably the most chilled song on the whole record. It's basically 'Dark Side's version of a ballad, or something along those lines... It's basically a spaced out jazzy song with alot of dramatic peaks and fantastic sax work, as always. As an edit once again however, it detracts from the overall feeling and you don't get the near-hypnotic feeling you do when listening to the album version.

If you haven't (and I'm sure you have,) give these tracks a listen, by all means. Preferably in their full form, but this is still great, beautiful music here.

Review by Matti
3 stars Again, since this is the first collaborator review, I'll have it a go. I rather write something about a single from Dark Side of The Moon than about the album with God knows how endless list of reviews (hundreds?). Why this song? Well, there was a time in my teenage years I thought 'Time' was one of the greatest rock songs ever. But actually it was the time I had purchased Delicate Sound Of Thunder, Pink Floyd's concert double vinyl from from 1988. Of course I knew the DSOTM album years before, but it was the mellower live version I preferred. And still do; the album version is a bit too rough and angry for me.

This single (no cover art?) includes two cuts from the famous bestseller album, 'Time' and 'Us And Them', both edited straight from the seamless album, I presume, because of the word 'edit'. 'Money' single preceeded this one, and that song sounds very much like a hit for a wide audience. I may not be very wrong if I guess it's not among favourite Floyd songs among PA community...? 'Time' is also quite a straight, if artsy, rock song, but much more hypnotic and proggy, and also a good example of the classic Floyd sound. Gilmour's guitar throws an excellent solo, and among hard-rocking verses ("ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...") there are more ethearal parts ("tired of lying in the sunshine / you stay inside and watch the rain") and overall the song is dreamy/trippy in a way that you surrender completely to it, eyes closed. As a teenager I remember I got "high" with this song when too many glasses of wine circled in my head. And I still find the same feeling with this song, no alcohol needed!

It's a song any rock listener might find good, not just friends of Prog. The lyrics (about the sense of time) probably speak especially to young people. "And then one day you find / ten years have got behind you..." Excellent lyrics, very universal in deed.

'Us And Them' (3:33)... It seems it's a harsh editing, because the track is about twice as long really. Of course I should hear this to judge how it works as a single edit. But speaking of it as a part of DSOTM album, it's a great song. Mellow and in a slow tempo (fine sax playing!) and with more intensive chorus parts. Again,Waters is a fantastic lyricist, this time dealing with various dividing lines between groups of people, including a strong anti-military message.

I could rate this timeless music five stars, but as a single this is not that essential. It's more about a magnificent ALBUM than separate songs. I don't think I'll ever write a review of DSOTM here, so I give my respect to it this way.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Another single from DSOTM? Why not, it deserves it. It is great to listen to these old nuggets on vinyl that crackle with age and bristle with energy. "Time" is one of my favourite tracks with an excellent melody and amazing instrumental work. The clock chimes signify the alarm call where madness waits at the door, but time is wasted and we have achieved nothing. This is edited without Breathe and sounds weird as it fades out but its okay as a sampler.

The flip side is as good with an edit of "Us and Them", a song about belonging in a world that treats you as an outcast unless you can fit into the mould that society creates. The track relies heavily on clean guitar and mellotron and seems to float along like a stream of sound. The song's lyrics speak of those who are on the street because they cannot cope with the world, and those who are able to cope and therefore off the streets and safe in the cookie cutter mould of social integration. The song has political connotations seen in the live footage played in concert with images of famous presidents such as Thatcher and Bush.

Overall these edited versions are awful in comparison to the longer versions but they are rare and worth grabbing if you are lucky enough to find them. Collectors need only apply in any case.

2 stars Single release from Pink Floyd in 1973 contains a bad radio edit of "Time" and the flip side of "Us and Them", which in this case is also a radio edit. What the heck??? I hate radio edits, especially of well known classic songs such as these 2 from DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, a seminal Pink Floyd and pro ... (read more)

Report this review (#732441) | Posted by mohaveman | Wednesday, April 18, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PINK FLOYD "Time"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives