MAN ON THE CORNER

- Phil Collins / drums, vocals

Record Label: Charisma
Catalogue No: CB393
Country of Origin: UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy GENESIS Man On The Corner Music

Man On The Corner - Genesis 7Man On The Corner - Genesis 7" 45
Charisma
Man On the Corner/PaperlateMan On the Corner/Paperlate
Atlantic
$9.99
man on the corner / submarine 45 rpm singleman on the corner / submarine 45 rpm single
ATLANTIC-4025

1980 S7 Vinyl.Man on the Corner.Genesis.Nr Mint. USD $3.64 [0 bids]
GENESIS - MAN ON THE CORNER 7" Single UK 1st PICTURE SLEEVE Prog CB 393 Superb! USD $6.06 [1 bids]
GENESIS ABACAB CASSETTE W/ "NO REPLY AT ALL" "KEEP IT DARK" "MAN ON THE CORNER" USD $2.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Genesis - Man On The Corner, 7", (Vinyl) USD $23.19 Buy It Now 3 days
GENESIS MAN ON THE CORNER 7"VINYL USD $2.42 [0 bids]
Genesis "Man On The Corner" 1981 Charisma Records UK Flyer Near Mint Condition USD $48.56 Buy It Now 4 days
Genesis MAN ON THE CORNER Atlantic Records 4025 (1982 STEREO/MONO promo 7" 45rpm USD $3.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Genesis - Man On The Corner Mint- 7" Vinyl 45 Record 1982 Atlantic Promo 4025 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS - MAN ON THE CORNER 7" VINYL USD $4.24 Buy It Now 6 days
Genesis Man On The Corner - Company Sleeve 7" vinyl single record UK CB393 USD $13.28 Buy It Now 6 days
Genesis - Man On The Corner USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
GENESIS - 1981 Vinyl 45rpm 7-Single - MAN ON THE CORNER USD $4.85 Buy It Now 9 days
Genesis "Man on the Corner/Submarine" 7" vinyl single 1982 NM USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS - Man on the corner - 1981 US 7" USD $7.89 Buy It Now 10 days
Genesis 45 RPM MAN ON THE CORNER/ SUBMARINE U.K. IMPORT CHARISMA CB 383 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS, MAN ON THE CORNER, 12, EX/EX, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, CHARI USD $3.63 Buy It Now 11 days
Man On The Corner - Picture sleeve Genesis UK 7" vinyl single record CB393 USD $122.28 Buy It Now 11 days
GENESIS Man On The Corner 45 7" POP ROCK Vinyl Record Atlantic 1982 Phil Collins USD $2.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Genesis Man On The Corner 45 RPM 7" Vinyl Record Rare White Label Promo - 1982 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 13 days
GENESIS "MAN ON THE CORNER" 45 PS USD $1.99 Buy It Now 14 days
GENESIS Man On The Corner 1981 UK 7" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $5.45 Buy It Now 14 days
GENESIS MAN ON THE CORNER 7" VINYL USD $2.85 Buy It Now 14 days
GENESIS * MAN ON THE CORNER * 7" ROCK SINGLE VERY GOOD+ 1981 USD $3.63 Buy It Now 15 days
Genesis: Man on the Corner /Submarine [Vinyl Record 7" 45 Single] [Free adaptor] USD $8.99 Buy It Now 16 days
GENESIS, Abacab USA 1st pressing LP [No Reply at All/Keep It Dark/Man On Corner] USD $5.99 Buy It Now 17 days
GENESIS,Man On the Corner,DJ Promo 12" single,1982,Atlantic PR 425 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Genesis Lot of 4 45s Man On The Corner I Can't Dance Land Of Confusion Throwing USD $7.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Genesis Man - On The Corner / Submarine 7" Mint- 4025 Vinyl 45 Atlantic 1982 USD $4.20 Buy It Now 19 days
Genesis Man On The Corner US PROMO 12" Atlantic PR 425 1982 EX USD $12.13 Buy It Now 19 days
Genesis - Man On The Corner 1982 vinyl single USD $6.07 Buy It Now 21 days
Genesis Man On The Corner 7" Charisma CB393 EX 1981 Man On The Corner/Submarine USD $9.11 Buy It Now 21 days
Genesis Man On The Corner Vgc Prog 7" B/w Submarine USD $3.34 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS 'MAN ON THE CORNER' RARE NORWEGIAN IMPORT 7" SINGLE USD $30.35 Buy It Now 22 days
Genesis Man On The Corner Mono / Stereo PROMO 45 RPM Vinyl USD $4.96 Buy It Now 23 days
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Man On The Corner 7" VINYL UK Charisma 1981 USD $5.09 Buy It Now 23 days
GENESIS "MAN ON THE CORNER" PICTURE SLEEVE! BRAND NEW! ONLY NEW COPY ON eBAY!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Genesis - Man On The Corner / Submarine RARE 1982 Dutch Only Cover Sample 7" 45 USD $47.99 Buy It Now 25 days
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Man On The Corner 7" VINYL B/w Submarine (cb393) USD $3.81 Buy It Now 25 days
genesis 2 record lot deal paperlate & you might recall & man on the corner & sub USD $8.25 Buy It Now 26 days
Genesis - Man On The Corner 7" Mint- Promo Vinyl 45 Atlantic 4025 USA 1982 USD $8.40 Buy It Now 27 days
GENESIS Paperlate / Man On The Corner 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 28 days
45< USD $8.00 Buy It Now 29 days
? GENESIS ABACAB CASSETTE W/ "NO REPLY AT ALL" "MAN ON THE CORNER" USD $8.50 Buy It Now 29 days
Genesis ?- Man On The Corner Charisma Records CB 393 UK 7 inch Vinyl Single USD $10.89 Buy It Now 30 days
Genesis 45 Man On The Corner ATLANTIC PROMO USD $12.75 Buy It Now 30 days

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GENESIS Man On The Corner ratings distribution

GENESIS Man On The Corner reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars "Man on the Corner" from the "abacab" album was maybe Phil Collins`s first attempt to write a song with lyrics about homeless people and poverty , some social themes that he was going to address in other songs like "Tell Me why" (from GENESIS`s "We Can`t Dance" album from 1991) and "Another Day in Paradise" (from his solo album "But Seriously..." from 1989). "Man on the Corner" is a good Pop Rock song, with a good drum machine program pattern and in general with good arrangements.

"Submarine", in the side "B" of this single, is a good instrumental piece of music, but it is clear for me that it really was destined to be a "B" side of a single, because it sounds more like an improvised piece of music, with some slow Jazz-Rock drums by Collins and good musical atmospheres. But this kind of musical piece sounded a bit out of place in an album like "abacab", so maybe the main reason to record it was more to be a "filler" of a side "B" of a single than anything else.

Review by Matti
3 stars 'Man on the Corner' was among the very first Genesis songs that caught my attention when I was 11 or 12 years old, thanks to my big sister and her music listening. A few more years and I'd be diving deep into the classic prog-Genesis and prog in general, but at the time my own relationship to popular music was just about to develop from passively hearing the listenings of my sis and bro to listening to their LP's on my own -- and starting to tape music into cassettes.

I remember taping also Abacab to a short cassette and copying the simple album cover art with colour ink pens, but ever since those days I've had very little interest towards Abacab. Maybe I should revisit it again. As you can guess from my childhood memories, 'Man on the Corner' is to me more about nostalgia than anything else. I haven't listened to it for decades (I think), but I remember it up to every detail. It's so simple, both in songwriting and in the minimalistic arrangement. As a song per se, it is really too simple and repetitive to hold interest for a long time, but I mildly like the soft (programmed?) rhythm pattern. A bit similar as in 'Duchess' on the previous album Duke (1980).

Non-album track 'Submarine' is an atmospheric slow-tempo instrumental, and rather an untypical track for Genesis. I agree with Guillermo that it sounds improvised and destined to be a B-sider in the first place (it can be found on the box set Genesis Archives vol. 2, 1976-1992). A nice one to listen to once in a while, nothing more.

Objectively, neither of these songs are hardly worth more than two stars, but for the notable personality, I'll rate this single with three stars. It would be a nice addition in my tiny 7" collection.

3 stars I'm inspired by Matti's review to add my 2 here! "Man on the Corner" was also one of the first Genesis songs I encountered, probably on the radio, or possibly from one of my friends who had MTV at home. I soon joined the Columbia House Record Club, and "Man on the Corner" undoubtedly inspired m ... (read more)

Report this review (#2166328) | Posted by patrickq | Saturday, March 16, 2019 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Man On The Corner "