Genesis

- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass

Record Label: Charisma
Catalogue No: CB309
Country of Origin: UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Follow You Follow Me Music

Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
R-KiveR-Kive
Box set
Rhino 2014
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Wind & Wuthering [Bonus DVD]Wind & Wuthering [Bonus DVD]
Rhino 2007
GENESIS - BBC SESSIONS 1970-1972 - CD - VERY RARE US $38.99 [0 bids]
30m 3s
GENESIS ABACAB INC. TITLE TRACK / MAN ON THE CORNER / KEEP IT DARK VINYL LP US $8.29 Buy It Now 31m 58s
GENESIS SELF TITLED INC. TAKING IT ALL TOO HARD / HOME BY THE SEA VINYL LP US $8.29 Buy It Now 32m 8s
Genesis Invisible Touch 45 Lp US $4.99 Buy It Now 43m 50s
BRAND X Do They Hurt? JAPAN LP RJ-7674 / Genesis US $13.50 Buy It Now 43m 57s
Phil Collins (Genesis) Cd album - No Jacket Required (Australian pressing) US $7.01 Buy It Now 44m 50s
Moods 2 Enya Genesis Roxy Music The Edge Art of Noise + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $6.23 Buy It Now 46m 59s
Genesis 10" x 8" Photograph no 1 US $4.98 Buy It Now 48m 3s
PHL COLLINS - BEHIND THE LINES - GENESIS - CD - VERY RARE US $38.99 [0 bids]
49m 21s
Phil Collins Genesis 8x10 SIGNED PHOTO PRINT US $10.29 Buy It Now 56m 22s
MUSIC VINYL LP PHIL COLLINS GENESIS DUKE CHARISMA RECORDS CBR 101 US $8.29 [0 bids]
58m 41s
GENESIS 2 cd 1977 ROBBERY ASSAULT BATTERY EARLS COURT ACL inc Booklet US $66.41 Buy It Now 1h 6m
GENESIS - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF S3) US $16.52 Buy It Now 1h 17m
GENESIS - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF S4) US $16.52 Buy It Now 1h 17m
GENESIS - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF S7) US $16.52 Buy It Now 1h 18m
GENESIS LIVE 70-80 VOL.4 JAPAN TO 1A1 CD 3200yen 32VD 1ST PRESS US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Genesis, Turn It on Again: The Hits Audio CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Willowglass-The Dream Harbour UK prog with Genesis like symphonic prog US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Willowglass-Book of Hours UK prog with Genesis like symphonic prog US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Willowglass-same UK prog with Genesis like symphonic prog US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Genesis clock- duke upcycled LP vinyl record clock US $28.22 Buy It Now 1h 39m
GENESIS - FOXTROT -Vinyl LP Record - CHC 38- NEAR MINT US $28.06 [0 bids]
GENESIS - DUKE,12" ALBUM ON VINYL US $1.64 [1 bids]
Anthony Phillips - Finger Painting (1995) CD Prog Rock ex Genesis US $16.59 Buy It Now 1h 43m
GENESIS abacab XSD 19313 red/blue/grey/yellow canadian atlantic 1981 LP PS EX/EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 1h 44m
GENESIS match of the day/pigeons/inside and out GEN 001 uk charisma 7" WS EX/ US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Anthony Phillips - Sides CD (1990) ex Genesis Prog Rock (1979) US $13.77 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Anthony Phillips - Wise After The Event CD (1990) ex Genesis Prog Rock (1978) US $13.77 Buy It Now 1h 44m
GENESIS "NO SON OF MINE" CD SINGLE US $6.55 Buy It Now 1h 45m
GENESIS-A TRICK OF THE TAIL- Vinyl LP Record -CDS 4001 -NEAR MINT US $60.79 [0 bids]
GENESIS - WE CAN'T DANCE,12" DOUBLE ALBUM ON VINYL US $12.46 [6 bids]
Genesis Invisible Touch LP. Good Condition. Great Album. An Absolute Classic! US $0.42 [0 bids]
Genesis-The Best... USA Double Gatefold LP 1976 US $24.89 Buy It Now 2h 7m
GENESIS WIND AND WUTHERING ULTRA RARE NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE TAPE! US $14.03 Buy It Now 2h 7m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION III Soundtrack Album Japan (2) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION II w/OBI Soundtrack Album Japan US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION III Soundtrack Album Japan US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Bill Bruford - One Of A Kind Asian LP BW43 Genesis US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
PHIL COLLINS/GENESIS Record Lot US $13.50 [0 bids]
GENESIS S/T JAPAN LP 25PP-110 US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Wayne Shorter - Second Genesis + Wayning Moments (EJC Records) Cd New US $16.95 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Genesis Three Sides Live Vinyl LP Record Atlantic SD2000 Double Album 1982 US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
The Compact Collection CD Virgin Label 1987 Genesis Gary Moore Heaven 17 OMD US $8.29 [0 bids]
Genesis-a trick of the tail.LP US $13.29 Buy It Now 2h 29m
ELVIN JONES-GENESIS-JAPAN SHM-CD BLUE NOTE C94 US $21.50 Buy It Now 2h 30m
GENESIS-THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY-JAPAN MINI LP 2 SHM-CD I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
GENESIS (2 CD) TURN IT ON AGAIN : THE HITS ~ TOUR EDITION ( PHIL COLLINS ) *NEW* US $19.86 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Genesis-trespass.LP US $13.29 Buy It Now 2h 35m
GENESIS, SPOT THE PIGEON 3 track Canadian 12"-Atlantic EP 1800-Excellent US $9.28 Buy It Now 2h 45m
LP GENESIS INVISIBLE TOUCH **EXC VINYL** 241 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
GENESIS:CALLING ALL STATIONS DBL CD&DVD US $19.91 Buy It Now 2h 55m
DON MCLEAN - Crying / Genesis (In The Beginning) - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
Genesis - Turn It On Again-The Hits [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h
HYPNO-GENESIS-INDUCTION OF HYPNOTIC STATE EP-1991-BREAKBEAT HARDCORE/DNB/JUNGLE US $77.71 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Rev. Melvin Dawson & Genesis Ensemble Messages of Hope CD US $7.94 Buy It Now 3h 7m
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) and then there were three LP 11 track brown mad ha US $9.28 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Genesis - Nursery Cryme - LP 180g Vinyl - Sealed - (2013 re-issue) US $28.22 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Genesis - Robbery,assault -Live 1977 2CD(BBC Broadcast) US $27.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS-NO SON OF MINE-ORIGINAL GERMAN PS 45rpm 1991 US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Oscar Peterson : Genesis (2CDs) (2002) US $7.47 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Genesis - We Can't Dance ORIG CD ALBUM FREEPOST UK ! US $4.97 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Genesis - Duke CD ALBUM FREEPOST UK !! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Genesis The Way We Walk Vol.2 Live Longs FREEPOST UK ! US $6.59 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Genesis - Invisible Touch ORIG CD FREEPOST UK !! US $8.25 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Genesis - Abacab ORIG CD ALBUM FREEPOST UK !! US $8.25 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Genesis The Way We Walk Vol.1 Live Shorts FREEPOST UK US $4.97 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Genesis - Turn It On Again Greatest Hits FREEPOST UK ! US $6.59 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Genesis - Calling All Stations ORIG CD FREEPOST UK ! US $6.59 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Genesis by Genesis Cassette (Atlantic Recording Corporation, 1983) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - "Throwing It All Away" 7" Vinyl / "I'd Rather Be You" US $3.74 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Turn It on Again: The Hits by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Jan-2005, EMI) US $2.49 Buy It Now 3h 56m
GENESIS invisible touch JAPAN 7" 07VA-1041 kR4 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
GENESIS-Wind & Wuthering-12" LP Vinyl Record-1977-CDS4005 US $8.29 [0 bids]
4h
GENESIS THREE SIDES LIVE 1982 LP US $12.35 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Genesis - And Then There Where Three Cassette Tape US $7.46 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Genesis Abacab 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, Townhouse EDP Press US $45.00 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Genesis - Abacab - LP - NM - FREE SHIP US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
GENESIS Abacab VIRGIN RECORDS VINYL LP CBR 102 + INNER US $14.93 Buy It Now 4h 18m
GENESIS SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND VIRGIN CASCD 1074 CD I KNOW WHAT I LIKE US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 20m
GENESIS ABABCAB NO BAR CODE ORIGINAL VIRGIN CBRCD 102 CD ALBUM NO REPLY AT ALL US $11.28 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Genesis: Selling England By The Pound LP NM Canada Atlantic KSD 19277 US $17.49 Buy It Now 4h 20m
GENESIS Duke JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW VJCP-98024 US $30.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Genesis - Live - The Way We Walk Volume Two: 'The Longs' (NEW CD) US $11.19 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Genesis ABACAB vinyl LP 1981 Near Mint Charisma Records US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 25m
PHIL COLLINS - NO JACKET REQUIRED CD.ORIGINAL 1985 ISSUE.GENESIS. US $1.64 [0 bids]
VINTAGE Genesis LIVE - 1983 2 Vinyl LP Record STEREO Charisma LABEL US $18.19 Buy It Now 4h 31m
GENESIS - Wind And Wuthering 1976 Cassette US $7.47 Buy It Now 4h 33m
LP Album Promo - GENESIS TONIGHT, TONIGHT & Q&A - Demo 1986 Music Vinyl Record US $1.50 [1 bids]
GENESIS 12" VINYL LP INVISIBLE TOUCH & INNER GENLP 2 207 750 1986 EX+ US $13.20 Buy It Now 4h 44m
AUTOGRAPHED / GENESIS A TRICK OF THE TAIL US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
GENESIS Genesis - DVD+CD Set - DTS Surround Sound Disc US $34.95 Buy It Now 4h 54m
GENESIS 2 Ex+ Charisma LPs - Duke & Thene There Were Three US $5.80 Buy It Now 5h
Neon Genesis Evangelion Zankoku na Tenshi no Teze / Fly Me to the Moon US $8.99 [0 bids]
PHIL COLLINS No Jacket Required Ex+ Uk 1985 Genesis Solo LP US $1.64 [0 bids]
GENESIS Illegal alien/turn it on again-specially extended new LIVE version 12" US $14.28 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Genesis : We Cant Dance (0020831448925) CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Anthony Phillips 1984 LP (1981) EX/VG Genesis US $4.97 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Genesis 1976 - 1982 SACD/CD Box Set Sealed =OOP US $250.00 [1 bids]
STEVE HACKETT-GENESIS REVISITED 2-JAPAN 2 HQCD K03 zd US $48.99 Buy It Now 5h 41m
GENESIS: Illegal Alien/Turn It On Again live single US $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 41m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Follow You Follow Me ratings distribution

GENESIS Follow You Follow Me reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The "...and then there were three..." album was the first album that I bought from Genesis, if I remember well, in April 1979, after reading a review about the album in a Mexican rock magazine, and after listening to the "Nursery Cryme" album earlier in that year. I liked "Nursery Cryme", but at that time I couldn`t find it in the record shops (but I recorded it on a cassette). It was easier to find their latest album in the record shops, because it was released in Mexico, as the magazine said. I still like "...and then there were three.." very much.

Now, about this single, it was strange for me that nobody has written a review about. Well, I know. Many reviewers in Prog Archives don`t like the trio years in Genesis` history, so I`m going to write a review about this single.

"Follow You, Follow Me" is a ballad with Pop arrangements, of course, but it is a very good song. The drums are very interesting, playing a rhythm which is not very common in Prog bands. There are some interesting percussion instruments in the background, sounding to me like a marimba. The guitar riff is played with a sound effect, maybe using a chorus or a flanger, and I thought for years that it was really a keyboard sound until I saw the video clip of this song some years ago. The guitar riff is the main part of the song, as it is played almost the same way in all the parts of the song. The keyboards are simple but good, with an organ playing the chords and a synth playing almost the same melody that the vocals sing. There is a very good synths solo. In general, the song has a very good arrangement despite being mainly a ballad, a Pop ballad. It became the first major hit single for the band in the U.S. and in the U.K. , and it marked the start of the Pop years for the band, but still having some Prog inluences. The Pop influences became the main ingredients from 1981 until their last studio album with Collins, "We Can`t Dance".

Update, 27-June-2014: The mixing of "Follow You, Follow Me" which was used (at least for the U.S version of the single) was different, not only being shorter in lenght, but it also had more presence of the percussion instruments and of the drums, and some parts of the keyboards and of the guitars sound a bit different too.

"Ballad of Big" is a song which has some Prog arrangements, with lyrics about a "Hero of the American West". There is a strong presence of synths and bass pedals in this song. Very good arrangements.

Both songs were composed by Banks, Collins and Rutherford.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#303526) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 11, 2010

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars (It's peculiar how Genesis albums get hudreds of reviews/ ratings, and singles may have just one review. This is the second one for this single. No, I don't feel too good about writing single reviews, but often I just choose to do so when visting the pages of the top bands - that are usually my personal long-time favourites too...)

So, this song marks a big turn in Genesis career, which surely furiated old fans and won lots of new listeners for the band. Perhaps a whole new generation of them who knew almost nothing of the Gabriel-era. They went quite commercial and catchy (compared to their prog years) with this hit. You know what? I haven't got any bad feelings for this song at all. Even in general, thinking of Genesis' later direction, I do have some respect for them not trying to make the same kind of music as in the seventies. I don't personally much care about their 80's - '90's stuff but it's just fine for me if they reached their popularity peak back then. It doesn't necessarily mean they sold their souls to commerciality. And if Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett had never left the group, I'm sure we'd have much fewer fine albums to enjoy. Instead we might have a dinosaur who would endlessly milk the old cow.

Oops, I wandered away from this single. 'Follow You Follow Me' is a nice little love song. It has almost nothing to do with prog, unless you count the synth solo to be proggy, or the arrangement/sound which is not quite mainstream pop. It has a joyous atmosphere that makes the listener feeling happy too (unless he only thinks "this is not prog! It's awfully commercial!" ;D) Lyrics are very simple and naiive but full of sympathy.

Flip side includes 'Ballad Of Big', another song from ...And Then There Were Three. I think it's very representative of the album in which the airy keyboards dominate. Quite a proggy arrangement and some mild progness in the song structure, in a relatively straight pop approach. Also its narrative nature is typical for ATTWT (on some fan magazine in '86 or 87 they spoke of the album as a cousin to Nursery Cryme). A Western tale of "Big Jim Coolley", "who died like all good cowboys / with his boots on next to his men". I like it. I like ATTWT in general even if it's a huge let-down as the follower of the superb Wind & Wuthering (but one doesn't HAVE to compare those albums, right?). Nevertheless it's the last enjoyable Genesis album; Duke is good too but with more uninteresting material in it.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#661723) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 17, 2012

3 stars A single from Genesis released in 1978 with the album AND THEN THERE WERE THREE. "Follow You Follow Me" may just be the first true single this band put out- an actual love song with memorable chorus. Unfortunately, the flip side, "Ballad of Big" is a song I find to be one of the weakest on the album ... (read more)

Report this review (#749373) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Follow You Follow Me"