Genesis

- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass

Record Label: Charisma
Catalogue No: CB309
Country of Origin: UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Follow You Follow Me Music

follow you follow me / inside & out 45 rpm singlefollow you follow me / inside & out 45 rpm single
ATLANTIC
Vinyl$4.99 (used)
Follow You Follow MeFollow You Follow Me
Vinyl$99.00 (used)
Follow You Follow Me - Genesis 7Follow You Follow Me - Genesis 7" 45
Vinyl$5.90 (used)
follow you follow me / illegal alien 45 rpm singlefollow you follow me / illegal alien 45 rpm single
ATLANTIC
Vinyl$5.99
FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7 INCH (7FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7 INCH (7" VINYL 45) GERMAN CHARISMA 1978
Vinyl$9.18 (used)
Follow You Follow Me/Ballad Of BigFollow You Follow Me/Ballad Of Big
Atlantic
Vinyl$17.95 (used)
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me 7"- CB 309 - VG USD $3.54 Buy It Now 13h 3m
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME - ( 7" Vinyl ) CB 309 USD $1.56 Buy It Now 14h
GENESIS, Illegal Alien-Follow You Follow Me, 45 ATL 7-84957 1978 VG USD $6.95 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Genesis-Follow You Follow Me (Mint) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 18h 11m
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me LTD QUALITY CD FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP USD $78.64 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS "FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME" EX+ COND. USD $1.56 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 7" B/w Ballad Of Big Pic Sleeve GERMAN Charisma 1 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 7" B/w Ballad Of Big UK Charisma 1978 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me/trick Of The Tail 7" Reissue In Unique Group Pic S USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 7" B/w Ballad Of Big Number Written On Label IRIS USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / BALLAD OF BIG - Charisma USD $1.57 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME - 7" VINYL - 1978 CHARISMA USD $5.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me vgc 7" single CB 309- Prog Rock USD $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days
GENESIS-Follow You Follow Me/Ballad Of Big UK 7" EX Cond USD $4.71 Buy It Now 3 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7" RARE UK PIC SLEEVE ORIGINAL USD $9.43 [0 bids]
Genesis Follow You Follow Me NEW ZEALAND 45 USD $31.49 [0 bids]
GENESIS 45 7": Follow You Follow Me & Ballad of Big ~ U.K. Pressing ~ Charisma ~ USD $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Genesis ?- Follow You Follow Me Charisma ?- CB 309 UK 7inch 45 single USD $8.05 [0 bids]
Genesis 7" Vinyl Single 1978. Follow You Follow Me *****FREE POSTAGE***** USD $6.28 Buy It Now 7 days
Rock 45 Genesis - Follow You Follow Me / Inside & Out Atlantic VG+ 1978 USD $6.50 Buy It Now 7 days
GENESIS - Follow You Follow Me - Excellent Condition 7" Single Charisma CB 309 USD $6.28 Buy It Now 8 days
Genesis(7" Vinyl)Follow You Follow Me-Old Gold-OG 9264-UK-Ex/Ex USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Genesis Follow you follow me Promo White Japan USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GENESIS 7" PS Japan FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME s6510 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Genesis-follow you follow me.7" USD $11.02 Buy It Now 9 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FLOOW ME - CB 309 USD $11.01 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS And Then There Were Three LP Follow You Follow Me Undertow Phil Collins USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS Mama/Follow You Follow Me (Live) Rare French 7"/45rpm Single + p/s EX/NM USD $22.03 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS - Follow You Follow Me - 1978 UK Charisma 7" Vinyl Single USD $15.73 Buy It Now 11 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7" Single USD $1.56 Buy It Now 11 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me UK 7" vinyl single record CB309 CHARISMA 1978 USD $15.65 Buy It Now 12 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7" Canada Gold Standard Misunderstanding GS 45764 USD $16.14 Buy It Now 13 days
Genesis Atlantic 45 Record #3474 EX Follow You Follow Me / Inside USD $7.00 Buy It Now 14 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / INSIDE & OUT - US 7" VINYL USD $7.64 Buy It Now 14 days
Genesis Follow You, Follow Me UK 45 7" single +A Trick Of The Tail USD $4.71 Buy It Now 15 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me - P/S UK 7" vinyl single record CB309 CHARISMA USD $17.22 Buy It Now 15 days
Follow You Follow Me Genesis Irish 7" vinyl single record CB309 CHARISMA 1978 USD $17.24 Buy It Now 15 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME ( 1978 7" VINYL SINGLE ) USD $6.28 Buy It Now 15 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME - GERMANY 45 SINGLE USD $7.99 Buy It Now 16 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 45 VG+ Inside & Out Atlantic USD $14.00 Buy It Now 16 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / BALLAD OF BIG VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $3.13 Buy It Now 16 days
OLD GOLD 7" vinyl record GENESIS follow you follow me OG 9264 USD $6.20 Buy It Now 17 days
GENESIS_Follow You Follow Me_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS_G1a USD $9.18 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS AND THEN THERE WERE THREE INCL FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME VINYL LP ALBUM USD $9.43 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / BALLAD OF BIG UK 7" 1978 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS follow you follow me 1978 UK CHARISMA PS 45 USD $9.45 Buy It Now 18 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME - CB 309 USD $11.01 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS SINGLE "FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / TRICK OF THE TAIL" AA JUKEBOX PC 45 EX+ USD $15.73 Buy It Now 19 days
Genesis - "Follow You Follow Me" 7" (1978) EX / "Ballad Of Big" / Purple labels USD $2.98 Buy It Now 20 days
GENESIS - "Follow You Follow Me" / "Inside & Out" 1978 - 7" Single ORIG 1st US USD $14.88 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME (2 CD + 8 PAGES BOOKLET) USD $29.00 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS Orig 1978 "And Then There Were Three" LP w Follow You Follow Me NM- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Genesis(7" Vinyl)Follow You Follow Me-Charisma-CB 309-UK-Ex/VG+ USD $10.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me Japanese 7" vinyl single record SFL-2257 CHARISMA USD $59.75 Buy It Now 22 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / A TRICK OF THE TAIL 7" OLD GOLD VINYL USD $7.07 Buy It Now 22 days
1SS ATLANTIC 3474 GENESIS INSIDE & OUT FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME HENTSCHEL COLLINS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 23 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW ME 7" OLD GOLD VINYL USD $6.28 Buy It Now 23 days
Genesis....Follow You Follow Me....45rpm USD $1.57 Buy It Now 23 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me / A Trick Of The Tail UK 7" Old Gold Records USD $6.68 Buy It Now 24 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7" Charisma CB309 EX 1978 Follow You Follow USD $7.86 Buy It Now 24 days
Genesis 7" Follow You Follow Me 45 Inside and Out USD $8.00 Buy It Now 24 days
GENESIS follow you follow me JB ITA strip & split BLONDIE heart of glass ITALY USD $30.00 Buy It Now 24 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7" VINYL EX/EX UK PICTURE SLEEVE ORIGINAL USD $12.58 Buy It Now 25 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me UK 7" 45 USD $2.35 Buy It Now 25 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 7" 45 Sound Clip in Listing USD $2.35 Buy It Now 25 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 7" Vinyl USD $1.57 Buy It Now 26 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7in single 1978 prog Australian USD $7.65 Buy It Now 26 days
Genesis Follow You, Follow Me Bright Yellow Label UK 45 7" single USD $4.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Genesis Follow You, Follow Me UK 45 7" single +A Trick Of The Tail USD $4.99 Buy It Now 26 days
GENESIS 'FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME' UK 7" SINGLE USD $3.13 Buy It Now 27 days
GENESIS 'FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME' UK 7" SINGLE #5 USD $1.56 Buy It Now 27 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME VINYL 7" UK PICTURE CHARISMA CB 309 PHIL COLLINS USD $3.99 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW ME WITH P.S CD309 UK 7 inch Single USD $11.99 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS UK 1978 7" Single FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME USD $4.71 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7" 1978 NO P/S WITH BALLAD OF BIG UK USD $7.87 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7" P/S WITH BALLAD OF BIG 1978 UK USD $17.32 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS - Follow You Follow Me (Irish 2 Tk 1978 7" Single) USD $3.13 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS "FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME" 45 MINT UNPLAYED USD $12.75 Buy It Now 29 days
GENESIS Follow you follow me 7" POP ROCK USD $4.71 Buy It Now 29 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7" Single UK 1978 EX-/VG+ USD $3.13 Buy It Now 29 days
GENESIS 1982 "Three Sides Live" 2-LP w Follow You, Follow Me NM- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Rare. GENESIS "Follow You, Follow Me"1978 Made inthe Rep.of IRELAND,Purple label USD $15.74 Buy It Now 29 days
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me 7" 1978 Ex Charisma CB309 USD $6.28 Buy It Now 29 days
CD from genesis to revelation
~ USD $13.06
LP from genesis to revelation
~ USD $18.87
CD genesis
~ USD $14.19
LP trespass
~ USD $21.21
CD yakta mama
~ USD $5.57

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Follow You Follow Me ratings distribution

GENESIS Follow You Follow Me reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The "...and then there were three..." album was the first album that I bought from Genesis, if I remember well, in April 1979, after reading a review about the album in a Mexican rock magazine, and after listening to the "Nursery Cryme" album earlier in that year. I liked "Nursery Cryme", but at that time I couldn`t find it in the record shops (but I recorded it on a cassette). It was easier to find their latest album in the record shops, because it was released in Mexico, as the magazine said. I still like "...and then there were three.." very much.

Now, about this single, it was strange for me that nobody has written a review about. Well, I know. Many reviewers in Prog Archives don`t like the trio years in Genesis` history, so I`m going to write a review about this single.

"Follow You, Follow Me" is a ballad with Pop arrangements, of course, but it is a very good song. The drums are very interesting, playing a rhythm which is not very common in Prog bands. There are some interesting percussion instruments in the background, sounding to me like a marimba. The guitar riff is played with a sound effect, maybe using a chorus or a flanger, and I thought for years that it was really a keyboard sound until I saw the video clip of this song some years ago. The guitar riff is the main part of the song, as it is played almost the same way in all the parts of the song. The keyboards are simple but good, with an organ playing the chords and a synth playing almost the same melody that the vocals sing. There is a very good synths solo. In general, the song has a very good arrangement despite being mainly a ballad, a Pop ballad. It became the first major hit single for the band in the U.S. and in the U.K. , and it marked the start of the Pop years for the band, but still having some Prog inluences. The Pop influences became the main ingredients from 1981 until their last studio album with Collins, "We Can`t Dance".

Update, 27-June-2014: The mixing of "Follow You, Follow Me" which was used (at least for the U.S version of the single) was different, not only being shorter in lenght, but it also had more presence of the percussion instruments and of the drums, and some parts of the keyboards and of the guitars sound a bit different too.

"Ballad of Big" is a song which has some Prog arrangements, with lyrics about a "Hero of the American West". There is a strong presence of synths and bass pedals in this song. Very good arrangements.

Both songs were composed by Banks, Collins and Rutherford.

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars (It's peculiar how Genesis albums get hudreds of reviews/ ratings, and singles may have just one review. This is the second one for this single. No, I don't feel too good about writing single reviews, but often I just choose to do so when visting the pages of the top bands - that are usually my personal long-time favourites too...)

So, this song marks a big turn in Genesis career, which surely furiated old fans and won lots of new listeners for the band. Perhaps a whole new generation of them who knew almost nothing of the Gabriel-era. They went quite commercial and catchy (compared to their prog years) with this hit. You know what? I haven't got any bad feelings for this song at all. Even in general, thinking of Genesis' later direction, I do have some respect for them not trying to make the same kind of music as in the seventies. I don't personally much care about their 80's - '90's stuff but it's just fine for me if they reached their popularity peak back then. It doesn't necessarily mean they sold their souls to commerciality. And if Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett had never left the group, I'm sure we'd have much fewer fine albums to enjoy. Instead we might have a dinosaur who would endlessly milk the old cow.

Oops, I wandered away from this single. 'Follow You Follow Me' is a nice little love song. It has almost nothing to do with prog, unless you count the synth solo to be proggy, or the arrangement/sound which is not quite mainstream pop. It has a joyous atmosphere that makes the listener feeling happy too (unless he only thinks "this is not prog! It's awfully commercial!" ;D) Lyrics are very simple and naiive but full of sympathy.

Flip side includes 'Ballad Of Big', another song from ...And Then There Were Three. I think it's very representative of the album in which the airy keyboards dominate. Quite a proggy arrangement and some mild progness in the song structure, in a relatively straight pop approach. Also its narrative nature is typical for ATTWT (on some fan magazine in '86 or 87 they spoke of the album as a cousin to Nursery Cryme). A Western tale of "Big Jim Coolley", "who died like all good cowboys / with his boots on next to his men". I like it. I like ATTWT in general even if it's a huge let-down as the follower of the superb Wind & Wuthering (but one doesn't HAVE to compare those albums, right?). Nevertheless it's the last enjoyable Genesis album; Duke is good too but with more uninteresting material in it.

3 stars A single from Genesis released in 1978 with the album AND THEN THERE WERE THREE. "Follow You Follow Me" may just be the first true single this band put out- an actual love song with memorable chorus. Unfortunately, the flip side, "Ballad of Big" is a song I find to be one of the weakest on the album ... (read more)

Report this review (#749373) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Follow You Follow Me"