THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VOL. II

Alan Parsons Project The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II  album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Prime Time (3:48)
2. Let's Talk About Me (3:37)
3. Standing On Higher Ground (4:22)
4. Stereotomy (4:26)
5. Don't Answer Me (4:10)
6. Limelight (4:38)
7. I Robot (6:00)
8. What Goes Up... (3:24)
9. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:08)
10. Ammonia Avanue (6:32)
11. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part II) (3:20)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
The Alan Parsons Project - Prime Time - UK Import - 45rpm - 12" US $8.99 Buy It Now 50m 19s
45 RPM RECORD / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT / THE GOLD BUG & TIME / ROCK /1980 / EX US $5.99 Buy It Now 53m 44s
Alan Parsons Project LP Pyramid US $8.12 Buy It Now 1h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Stereotomy 180G Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED Music On Vinyl US $34.03 Buy It Now 1h 11m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE RARE GERMAN PRESS 1984 + INNER EXC US $16.23 Buy It Now 1h 27m
The Alan Parsons Project(12" Vinyl)Don't Answer Me--ARIST 12553-UK-Ex/Ex US $9.73 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Alan Parsons Project Pyramid Blair 1978 1st Press, EXC, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $23.40 Buy It Now 1h 44m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Best Of CD Eye in the Sky, I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You US $2.49 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'AMMONIA AVENUE' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 2h 33m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'EVE' PORTUGUESE IMPORT LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Penthouse 1984 1st Press, STEAM CLEANED US $12.48 Buy It Now 2h 36m
NOS THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
PROMO ONLY / ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE US $129.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
PROMO LABEL / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE PROGRESSIVE / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
The Alan Parsons Project "Eve" 1979 Arista AL-9504 LP ! US $16.38 Buy It Now 3h 4m
PROMO LABEL / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Pyramid LP NM US IN SHRINK ORIGINAL w/STICKER 1978 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
ALAN PARSONS Project A Valid Path 5.1 DUALDISC CD / DVD DAVID GILMOUR Pink Floyd US $60.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - BEST OF CD ~ EYE IN THE SKY~PYRAMANIA CLASSIC 70's *NEW* US $12.42 Buy It Now 3h 51m
The Alan Parsons Project- Let's Talk About Me- Rock 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
The ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- Vulture Culture -- 1984 LP release US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Alan Parsons Project vinyl LP album record "I Robot" 1977 Cult Classic!!! US $1.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenu NM Shrink EB172 US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
The Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 4h 47m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "I Robot" Original LP from 1977 (ARISTA AL 7002) US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Alan Parsons -Project- - Turn Of A Friendly Card (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $30.44 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Alan Parsons -Project- - I Robot (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $31.25 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Alan Parsons -Project- - Pyramid (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $31.25 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue - (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $33.28 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $32.47 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (Legacy Edition) (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $43.84 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $34.09 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Playlist: The Very Best of the Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons... US $11.72 Buy It Now 6h 17m
sealed ESSENTIAL ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Japan Blu Spec 2 CD new BVCP-20046 Sony US $169.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - 1977 Arista Records SPARTY 1012 Vinyl US $16.24 Buy It Now 6h 25m
LP Alan Parsons Project-Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe, 1976 US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
2 LP Lot David Bowie "Lets Dance" & The Alan Parsons Project "Eve" US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
* THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Best of US $3.97 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Original 1977 The Alan Parsons Project I Robot Album LP Vinyl Record 33 1/2 US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
The Alan Parsons Project ?- I Robot Vinyl 12" LP Arista ?- AL8-8040 US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project "Don't Answer Me" 45rpm Vinyl Record Don't Let It Show US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PROMO / NM WAX" Special Japan Press LP h4461 US $10.15 [4 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue 1984 Japan Press OBI LP e7252 US $6.50 [2 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "NM WAX" Ammonia Avenue 1984 Japan Press OBI LP d7783 US $2.25 [3 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "NM WAX" Ammonia Avenue 1984 Japan Press OBI LP b1557 US $3.58 [3 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eye In The Sky 1982 AL 9599 LP e1386 US $0.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue LP 1984 VG+ ~j US $7.61 Buy It Now 7h 44m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY LP INNER VINYL MINT NEW UNPLAYED 1981 US $24.35 [0 bids]
VERY RARE 1987 USA CASSETTE TAPE @ THIS PRICE~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~GAUDI !!! US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Don't Answer Me - ARIST 553 - 7-inch Record US $11.35 Buy It Now 8h 2m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "STEREOTOMY" 1984 12" VINYL ALBUM US $3.23 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Anthology CD.*Best Of**Hits**Collection**Singles*.VGC. US $6.48 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky 1982 Arista Records Near Mint Condition US $10.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project The Turn Of A Friendly Card 1980 Arista Near Mint Cond. US $10.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project I Robot Arista Japan Cd EXC US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky, Gemini Arista0696 NM (45-6897) US $6.49 Buy It Now 10h 26m
The Alan Parsons Project The Gold Bug, Time Arista0598 VG+ (45-6886) US $6.49 Buy It Now 10h 26m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Time / The Gold 45 AS 0598 VG (45s-3056) US $6.49 Buy It Now 10h 28m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve 20RS-36 OBI LP Ac0936 US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "NM WAX" Ammonia Avenue 20RS-54 OBI LP i6894 US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "NM WAX" Tales of Mystery and GP-443 OBI LP AC6913 US $9.20 [2 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "NM WAX" Eye in the Sky 25RS-162 OBI LP Ab3341 US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Gandi Vinyl LP Arista 208 064 1987 US $21.10 Buy It Now 10h 49m
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Let'S Talk About Me 7" Ps, B/W Hawkeye, 107 082 US $8.10 Buy It Now 10h 57m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT You Don'T Believe 7" Ps, German Issue, B/W Lucifer, 105 94 US $8.10 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h
Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMID -RARE DUTCH ORANGE VINYL LP US $16.23 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Vintage Album:The Turn Of A Friendly Card US $8.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi - LP Record NM VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 12m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-DAYS ARE NUMBERS-12"-ARISTA NM US $2.99 [0 bids]
LP THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD **ARISTA RECORDS** US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 24m
The Turn Of A Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project Vinyl LP 1980 NICE! US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 27m
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project, Alan Project Parsons (CD, Oct-2006, Arista) US $0.01 [1 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CASSETTE TAPE EYE IN THE SKY 1981 US $4.27 Buy It Now 14h 35m
LP-ALAN PARSONS PROJECT/I ROBOT/77,ARISTA/GATEFOLD/VG+ US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 45m
VG++ ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY/GEMINI 1982 ARISTA RECORDS AS 0696 US $2.98 Buy It Now 14h 50m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE-DEFINITIVE COLLECTION CD NEW US $24.58 Buy It Now 15h 7m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- VULTURE CULTURE CASSETTE TAPE US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD (ARISTA AL 9518) EXCELLENT! US $14.95 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Alan Parsons Project, The - The Turn Of A Friendly Card US $2.00 Buy It Now 16h 20m
The Alan Parsons Project Pyramid AB4180 R VG C VG (LP-12152) US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
The Alan Parsons Project Robot R VG C VG (LP-12194) US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Alan Parsons Project Gaudi & Vulture Culture on Cassette US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Lp Pyramid 1978 Arista records US $12.95 Buy It Now 16h 51m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PRIME TIME" 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
17h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Turn Of A Friendly Card 1980 Lp *FACTORY SEALED* NO Cutout US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LIMELIGHT THE BEST VOL.2 JAPAN CD A32D-28 US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Vulture Culture - Alan Parsons Project LP Record Album Vinyl E+ US $0.01 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - "Eye In The Sky" LP 1982 1st US PROMO w/STICKER + PRESS US $23.88 Buy It Now 18h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Pyramid LP - N/MINT vinyl - Colin Blunstone/Zombies US $9.59 Buy It Now 19h 3m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE Cassette Tape US $13.21 Buy It Now 20h 17m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT A BRIEF INTRODUCTION CARD SLEEVE PROMO CD ALBUM 2006 US $12.98 Buy It Now 20h 55m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT:AMMONIA AVENUE:RML 53118:ARISTA Records:LP US $16.14 Buy It Now 20h 55m
Turn Of A Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project *New CD* US $4.02 Buy It Now 20h 59m
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project, Alan Project Parsons *New CD* US $4.06 Buy It Now 21h 2m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Lets talk about me/Hawkeye "7"45 RPM Vinyl Record US $2.62 Buy It Now 21h 42m

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Stingy

Volume one of the "Best of" the Allan Parsons Project creamed off the most obvious selections from a commercial point of view. Volume 2 is therefore slightly more interesting in that through necessity, the compilers have actually had to put some thought into which tracks to include.

The result is a reasonably passable cross section of songs from each of their albums. Once again though, presumably for contractual reasons, "Tales of mystery and imagination.." is completely overlooked.

The title tracks from "Stereotomy" and "I robot" are both decent representations of those albums, and "Limelight" is one of the Project's finest ballads. The music is rather too sugar coated at times, drifting towards the easy listening, but Parsons and Woolfson have good ears for a fine melody. At only 48 minutes, the compilation is rather stingy, with plenty of room remaining for further selections.

The acid question for any compilation is, is it a good representation of the band. By and large, the answer here is "yes", but I would still recommend going for the original albums rather than any APP compilation.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#86034) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The second "best of" compilation from the Alan Parsons Project seems more like an appendix to their first "best of" compilation that was released in 1983 rather than a continuation like most greatest hits albums that are labeled "vol. 1, vol. 2, etc." The major reason for this was probably because they did not have enough material to fill the album from what was released between 1984 and 1987. Eight of the eleven songs were from that time period, some hits, some not (at least not that I was aware of). It also includes the I Robot instrumental (which was sorely lacking from the first compilation), What Goes Up (from Pyramania), and The Turn of a Friendly Card Part II (better known as Snake Eyes). Since they took the time to add stuff that was missing from their first compilation, again nothing is represented from their debut (maybe because their debut was not released by Arista??).

These weren't the most popular singles released by APP and in many ways it pales in comparison to their first "best of" selection. After all, APP had been in a decline since their 1982 apex with the release of Eye in the Sky. The music is chiefly pop rock with a slight mixing of pop prog in places. Although the addition of the I Robot instrumental was nice, it wasn't enough to bring this album out of the "collectors only" zone. Two stars is about as high as I can go on this.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#155238) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Released five years after the volume I, this compilation is slightly better then the first, for obivous reasons: they had to fill the spaces without the benefit of the greatest hits that were already used on the first. Still you canīt hardly say it is their best. As I warned on my previous review of the vol I, this title is very misleading: the tracks you have here are far from whatīs best from APP. there are good moments, of course: the instrumental I Robot is one of them, and I really love the beautiful melody line of Days Are Number (probably one of the best pop hits ever). Limelight and Prime Time are also good songs. But at 48:25 they could have inlcuded at least five more tracks.

But even if you put those two compilations together, like I did in the early 90īs (for lack of options at the time), youīll get frustrated. Especially if you heard one of APPīs full album. The Project always had fine stuff that was not played on the radio, and that was true for most of their best ones. So I canīt recommend any of those. If you want a real good APPīs collection take my advice: get all their albums and select you own favortie songs. This CD is one of the cases when the Best Of title works against the artist. APP did much better than whatīs shown. Iīll give two stars because the tracklist is a little stronger than the first, but still it barely made it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#192290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by lazland
3 stars Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks converting a pile of old vinyl into digital, and also going on a ridiculous spending spree for new stuff, I dug out this old curiosity this evening.

This is the second of a compilation of tracks from the project started by Alan Parsons, of Pink Floyd engineering fame, and the late, great Eric Woolfson, and if the purpose of such compilations is to goad the listener into exploring more fully the deeper annals of such bands, then I think that this one succeeds admirably. I, for one, will be expanding my collection with originals from this band.

A variety of artists were used on the project, and Chris Rainbow's vocals are standout on a couple of tracks here, most especially Since The Last Goodbye, although, to these ears, the emotional intensity of Woolfson's vocals are the true hallmark.

The title track, Limelight, is a standout ballad, with vocals dripping with intensity.

Another standout for me is Ammonia Avenue, with exceptional Woolfson vocals, this is the title track from the album of the same name which generated good commercial success. It is reminiscent of what many would call American AOR, but is no worse for that.

The instrumentals show the proggier side of a band who, in fairness, just qualify as Crossover prog on this site. Mammagamma and I Robot are especially enjoyable, the latter basically a simple keyboard riff overlaid with an almost disco type of rhythm.

There are a couple of tracks here which I would describe as throwaway, and certainly make this good, but non essential. Hawkeye is one such track. Pleasant enough as an instrumental, with saxophone and light keyboards dominating, but it never really grabs enough. Light fare, basically, which I believe is the main criticism of many contributors on this site to the Project as a whole.

This is a good selection of tracks, and if you enjoy, as I do, the simpler side of prog in terms of composition and instrumentation, melded with some quite exquisite vocal performances, then you could do a lot worse than to check this out.

A strong three stars for a very worthy compilation.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#303129) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 stars Guilty Pleasure. I was listening to this while working out and felt inpired to share a recommendation. I recommend this for a prog fan who does not have the urge or desire to invest largly in this group but can appreciate the essence of what Alan Parson's Project was as both a prog-related a ... (read more)

Report this review (#88234) | Posted by mapman | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II "