THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VOL. II

Alan Parsons Project The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II  album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Prime Time (3:48)
2. Let's Talk About Me (3:37)
3. Standing On Higher Ground (4:22)
4. Stereotomy (4:26)
5. Don't Answer Me (4:10)
6. Limelight (4:38)
7. I Robot (6:00)
8. What Goes Up... (3:24)
9. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:08)
10. Ammonia Avanue (6:32)
11. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part II) (3:20)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EVE 1979 ARISTA AB9504 VINYL RECORD LP VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 48m 37s
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue ; Arista AL8 8204, Mint US $10.99 Buy It Now 57m 46s
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD AL-9518 VINYL LP 1980 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h
I Robot By The Alan Parsons Project. CD 1984.Allan Clarke,Steve Harley,P Straker US $6.55 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project: The Dutch Collection [Limited, Numbered] VG 3-CD Set US $74.95 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The Alan Parsons Project "Eve" Vinyl Record Album Great Shape US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
The Alan Parsons Project 45 The Gold Bug/Time Arista Records 1980 #AS0598 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
The Alan Parsons Project THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 23m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MYSTERY & IMAGINATION + EYE IN SKY Sealed 180 Gram 2 LP US $186.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Alan Parsons Project: Eve (LP) Arista Records AL-9504 Stereo 1979 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-THE BEST OF-UK GREY CASSETTE TAPE 1983 US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-GAUDI-GERMAN BLACK CASSETTE TAPE 1987 US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Alan Parsons Project, The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Audio CD is EUC US $4.59 [0 bids]
MINT Alan Parsons Project Gaudi ORIGINAL VINYL LP FACTORY SHRINK ERIC WOOLFSON US $16.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project "Vulture Culture" ORIGINAL VINYL LP ERIC WOOLFSON NEAR MINT US $14.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project ORIGINAL "Eve" VINYL LP ERIC WOOLFSON ABSOLUTE NEAR MINT US $16.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project I ROBOT ERIC WOOLFSON ORIGINAL VINYL GF LP US $16.95 [0 bids]
STONE COLD MINT ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue 1983 ORIGINAL VINYL LP MINT US $19.95 [0 bids]
JAPANESE IMPORT ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TIME/GOLD BUG 7" SINGLE IS THOROUGHLY M- US $11.95 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID ORIGINAL VINYL LP w/ 4 PAGE POSTER ERIC WOOLFSON US $18.95 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY & THE BEST OF (2 CASSETTES) READ NOTES NO INSERT US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project. PYRAMID Vinyl W/ poster US $7.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE BEST OF VOL. 2 RARE ARGENTINA EDIT LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 54m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT RARE ARGENTINA EDIT LP CV/LB IN SPANISH GTF CVR US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Mean at work,The Outfield,The Alan Parsons Project,The bangles,Air Supply,3CDDVD US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h
LP THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD **EXC VINYL** US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT You Dont Belive / Lucifer 7 inch 45 US $1.13 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project ~45 & PS~ Don't Answer Me ~ New US $6.95 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Alan Parsons Project ~45 & PS~ Let's Talk About Me NEW US $6.95 Buy It Now 5h 53m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-DON'T ANSWER ME/DON'T LET IT SHOW ARISTA 9160 NM/VG+ 45+PS US $5.98 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Alan Parsons Project RARE Japan 7 PROMO single Damned VINYL synth prog Floyd US $19.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project The Best Of LP Record Album VG+/VG+ US $6.40 Buy It Now 7h 26m
The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi CD Manufactured in JAPAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "NM WAX" Ammonia Avenue AL88204 LP Ae3016 US $5.24 [3 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL ALAN PARSONS PROJECT JAPAN OBI PYRAMI US $139.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Alan Parsons Project LP Ammonia Avenue WESTERN GERMANY US $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 55m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Pyramid LP with lyric poster US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Alan Parsons Project Eye in The Sky Cassette US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 27m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 30m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP ROBOT US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 33m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT cd PYRAMID pyramania VOYAGER what goes up Hyper Gamma Space US $6.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAMES PEOPLE PLAY TIME AFS-9133 US $2.98 Buy It Now 10h 40m
The Alan Parsons Project -- The Complete Albums Collection --11 CD Box Set US $90.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project (Eye In The Sky) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Eve Cassette US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 47m
The Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery & Imagination 8 Track Tape TESTED US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 53m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD Stereotomy - West Germany - Special Price cover US $10.95 Buy It Now 12h 37m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD Eve - West Germany Eighties - Special Price cover US $10.95 Buy It Now 12h 37m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD Eye in the Sky - West Germany - Special Price cover US $10.95 Buy It Now 12h 37m
Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid, LP 1981, EX,EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 53m
Alan Parsons Project, The - Vulture Culture, with inner, rec - EX, cover - VG+ US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 25m
Colin Blunstone - On Air cd 1971-91 Russ Ballard Alan Parsons Project Zombies US $22.99 Buy It Now 15h 11m
The Alan Parsons Project, Pyramid, LP. Vinyl Record. Rock.w/Poster AB 4180 US $2.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EVE (GERMAN CASSETTE/TAPE ALBUM) ARISTA LABEL US $4.96 Buy It Now 16h 3m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY D/Rem CD w/BONUS Trax! ~ 80's POP *NEW* US $14.50 Buy It Now 17h
Vinyl LP Record The Alan Parsons Project "Pyramid" Vintage 1978 Arista Excellent US $4.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project LP Pyramid US $8.29 Buy It Now 19h 6m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT pyramid SPART 1054 A1/B2 early press uk 1978 LP PS EX/EX US $21.54 Buy It Now 19h 19m
The Best of Alan Parsons Project , Japan CD, 1983, Arista 32RD-82, Out Of Print US $26.00 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Alan Parsons Project, Eye In The Sky, Japan CD, 1982, Arista 32RD-81, OOP US $23.00 Buy It Now 19h 35m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT pyramid LP 9 track gatefold sleeve,light wear to cover (sp US $13.51 Buy It Now 19h 38m
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot Cassette Tape US $7.44 Buy It Now 19h 56m
The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky Cassette Tape US $8.27 Buy It Now 19h 56m
The Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery & Imagination Cassette Tape US $34.80 Buy It Now 20h 2m
Alan Parsons Project Turn of a Friendly Card 1980 Near Mint, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $24.00 Buy It Now 20h 4m
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot Re-Issue, Excellent, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $22.00 Buy It Now 20h 4m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - VULTURE CULTURE (LET'S TALK ABOUT ME) SEALED 180 GRAM LP US $43.99 Buy It Now 20h 12m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: BEST OF VOLUME 2 [I Robot,What Goes up...,Prime Time++] US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LIMELIGHT BEST OF VOLUME 2 CASSETTE US $12.44 Buy It Now 20h 28m
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (AL 7002) US $12.95 Buy It Now 20h 29m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Time / The Gold Bug - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot record 1977 US $15.95 Buy It Now 21h 26m
The Alan Parsons Project "The Complete Albums Collection" 11 CD's, 2014, Legacy US $92.89 Buy It Now 21h 27m
The Alan Parsons Project Pyramid LP (1978) NM/VG Gatefold SPART 1054 US $8.27 Buy It Now 22h 32m
Alan Parsons Project I Robot Excellent Condition LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 23h
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, VULTURE CULTURE, Vinyl LP, Arista 1984, AL8-8263 US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 52m
PROMO WHITE LABEL / ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 23h 56m
The Alan Parsons Project I ROBOT Legacy Edition 180g Vinyl 2LP Record Ships Fast US $34.99 Buy It Now 23h 58m
Alan Parsons Project Eve Japan Mini LP SHM-CD 2008 release OOP US $49.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - I ROBOT 1977 US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 3 CASSETTE LOT EXCELLENT!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - I ROBOT - VG+ GATEFOLD US $3.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMID - VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Best of Alan Parsons Project CD 2008 610052 IMPORT US $6.64 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Best of CD 1983 JAPAN ARCD8193 ARISTA US $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Stereotomy CD 1991 ARCD-8384 ARISTA JAPAN US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery LP Record Album Very Good Condition US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi CD 1987 ARCD 8448 JAPAN ARISTA US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project ~ Pyramid ~ 8 - Track Cartridge - 80'S Rock US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project Eve LP Record Album Very Good Condition US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) ARCD8040 JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY 119 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve 1979 Arista Gatefold w/orig slv EX/EX LP Record US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot '77 Gatefold RCA Record Club Version VG++/EX LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION EDGAR ALLAN POE - GA US $4.99 [0 bids]
I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project (Cassette 1977, Arista) in NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project "Tales Of Mystery & Imagination-" US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project Gaudi CD ( 1987, Arista Records, Made in Germany ) NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "DON'T ANSWER ME" RARE 45 IMPORT W/P/S ARISTA 106 155 US $9.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Lp Eve 1979 Arista US $11.65 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Stingy

Volume one of the "Best of" the Allan Parsons Project creamed off the most obvious selections from a commercial point of view. Volume 2 is therefore slightly more interesting in that through necessity, the compilers have actually had to put some thought into which tracks to include.

The result is a reasonably passable cross section of songs from each of their albums. Once again though, presumably for contractual reasons, "Tales of mystery and imagination.." is completely overlooked.

The title tracks from "Stereotomy" and "I robot" are both decent representations of those albums, and "Limelight" is one of the Project's finest ballads. The music is rather too sugar coated at times, drifting towards the easy listening, but Parsons and Woolfson have good ears for a fine melody. At only 48 minutes, the compilation is rather stingy, with plenty of room remaining for further selections.

The acid question for any compilation is, is it a good representation of the band. By and large, the answer here is "yes", but I would still recommend going for the original albums rather than any APP compilation.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#86034) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The second "best of" compilation from the Alan Parsons Project seems more like an appendix to their first "best of" compilation that was released in 1983 rather than a continuation like most greatest hits albums that are labeled "vol. 1, vol. 2, etc." The major reason for this was probably because they did not have enough material to fill the album from what was released between 1984 and 1987. Eight of the eleven songs were from that time period, some hits, some not (at least not that I was aware of). It also includes the I Robot instrumental (which was sorely lacking from the first compilation), What Goes Up (from Pyramania), and The Turn of a Friendly Card Part II (better known as Snake Eyes). Since they took the time to add stuff that was missing from their first compilation, again nothing is represented from their debut (maybe because their debut was not released by Arista??).

These weren't the most popular singles released by APP and in many ways it pales in comparison to their first "best of" selection. After all, APP had been in a decline since their 1982 apex with the release of Eye in the Sky. The music is chiefly pop rock with a slight mixing of pop prog in places. Although the addition of the I Robot instrumental was nice, it wasn't enough to bring this album out of the "collectors only" zone. Two stars is about as high as I can go on this.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#155238) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Released five years after the volume I, this compilation is slightly better then the first, for obivous reasons: they had to fill the spaces without the benefit of the greatest hits that were already used on the first. Still you canīt hardly say it is their best. As I warned on my previous review of the vol I, this title is very misleading: the tracks you have here are far from whatīs best from APP. there are good moments, of course: the instrumental I Robot is one of them, and I really love the beautiful melody line of Days Are Number (probably one of the best pop hits ever). Limelight and Prime Time are also good songs. But at 48:25 they could have inlcuded at least five more tracks.

But even if you put those two compilations together, like I did in the early 90īs (for lack of options at the time), youīll get frustrated. Especially if you heard one of APPīs full album. The Project always had fine stuff that was not played on the radio, and that was true for most of their best ones. So I canīt recommend any of those. If you want a real good APPīs collection take my advice: get all their albums and select you own favortie songs. This CD is one of the cases when the Best Of title works against the artist. APP did much better than whatīs shown. Iīll give two stars because the tracklist is a little stronger than the first, but still it barely made it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#192290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by lazland
3 stars Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks converting a pile of old vinyl into digital, and also going on a ridiculous spending spree for new stuff, I dug out this old curiosity this evening.

This is the second of a compilation of tracks from the project started by Alan Parsons, of Pink Floyd engineering fame, and the late, great Eric Woolfson, and if the purpose of such compilations is to goad the listener into exploring more fully the deeper annals of such bands, then I think that this one succeeds admirably. I, for one, will be expanding my collection with originals from this band.

A variety of artists were used on the project, and Chris Rainbow's vocals are standout on a couple of tracks here, most especially Since The Last Goodbye, although, to these ears, the emotional intensity of Woolfson's vocals are the true hallmark.

The title track, Limelight, is a standout ballad, with vocals dripping with intensity.

Another standout for me is Ammonia Avenue, with exceptional Woolfson vocals, this is the title track from the album of the same name which generated good commercial success. It is reminiscent of what many would call American AOR, but is no worse for that.

The instrumentals show the proggier side of a band who, in fairness, just qualify as Crossover prog on this site. Mammagamma and I Robot are especially enjoyable, the latter basically a simple keyboard riff overlaid with an almost disco type of rhythm.

There are a couple of tracks here which I would describe as throwaway, and certainly make this good, but non essential. Hawkeye is one such track. Pleasant enough as an instrumental, with saxophone and light keyboards dominating, but it never really grabs enough. Light fare, basically, which I believe is the main criticism of many contributors on this site to the Project as a whole.

This is a good selection of tracks, and if you enjoy, as I do, the simpler side of prog in terms of composition and instrumentation, melded with some quite exquisite vocal performances, then you could do a lot worse than to check this out.

A strong three stars for a very worthy compilation.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#303129) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 stars Guilty Pleasure. I was listening to this while working out and felt inpired to share a recommendation. I recommend this for a prog fan who does not have the urge or desire to invest largly in this group but can appreciate the essence of what Alan Parson's Project was as both a prog-related a ... (read more)

Report this review (#88234) | Posted by mapman | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II "