THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VOL. II

Alan Parsons Project The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II  album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Prime Time (3:48)
2. Let's Talk About Me (3:37)
3. Standing On Higher Ground (4:22)
4. Stereotomy (4:26)
5. Don't Answer Me (4:10)
6. Limelight (4:38)
7. I Robot (6:00)
8. What Goes Up... (3:24)
9. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:08)
10. Ammonia Avanue (6:32)
11. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part II) (3:20)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID LP RECORD VINYL ALBUM CLASSIC ROCK shelf1 sec6 US $4.95 Buy It Now 44m 14s
Alan Parsons Project - The Instrumental Works RARE OOP Original Vinyl LP (Mint) US $80.00 Buy It Now 1h
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eye In The Sky 1982 AL 9599 LP e1386 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Alan Parsons Project Vintage Album:The Turn Of A Friendly Card US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project. Eye In The Sky. LP US $15.05 Buy It Now 3h 34m
THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 1983 JAPAN CD EUROPEAN EDIT ARCD 1ST PRESS US $25.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
STEREOTOMY / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vol. 2 CD '87 US $3.50 Buy It Now 4h 48m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE BEST OF 1983 ARISTA ARCD8193 ORIGINAL AUDIO CD EX US $3.49 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Alan Parsons Project / I Robot (Legacy Edition) 180gm Double Vinyl LP MOV New US $44.13 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Alan Parsons Project / Turn Of A Friendly Card 180gm Vinyl LP MOV Brand New US $34.75 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Alan Parsons Project / I Robot 180gm Vinyl LP MOV Brand New US $35.97 Buy It Now 5h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PRIME TIME 12 INCH VINYL 710 US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
The Alan Parsons Project - I ROBOT - RARE Israel Israeli LP Art-Prog LISTEN US $20.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
The Alan Parsons Project(Vinyl LP Gatefold)I Robot-Arista-SPARTY 1012-UK-Ex/VG+ US $15.26 Buy It Now 8h 39m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Tales of Mystery & Imagination" Edgar Allan Poe Vinyl US $25.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT let's talk about me JAPAN 7" Mint 7RS-108 US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 57m
The Alan Parsons Project You Lie Down With Dogs 7" 45 rpm PROMO Arista AS 0502 US $6.88 Buy It Now 9h 20m
FREE SHIP the Alan Parsons Project 'the Turn of a Friendly Card' US $13.10 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Alan Parsons Project Psychobabble / Children Of The Moon 7" 45 rpm AS 1029 NM US $4.95 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Alan Parsons Project Old And Wise / You're Gonna Get..7" 45 Arista AS 1048 NM US $3.30 Buy It Now 10h 17m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project RARE JAPAN CD OBI G430 US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $35.63 Buy It Now 10h 29m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $35.63 Buy It Now 10h 42m
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project, Alan Project Parsons (CD, Oct-2006, Arista) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Eve by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons, Alan Project Parsons (CD,... US $4.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAUDI 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $35.63 Buy It Now 11h 3m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $37.33 Buy It Now 11h 30m
Alan Parsons Project "Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Edgar Allan Poe" US $4.69 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $35.63 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Rock Promo 45 THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT You Don't Believe on Arista (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 10m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $37.33 Buy It Now 12h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DOCTOR TARR AND PROFESSOR FETHER 7" SINGLE CHEAP US $8.47 Buy It Now 13h
Alan Parsons Project, Time/The Gold Bug, 45 rpm US $2.49 Buy It Now 13h
I Robot The Alan Parsons Project 1977 Arista REC. LP! US $11.69 Buy It Now 13h 51m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Best Of CD Eye in the Sky, I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You US $2.49 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-STEREOTOMY-SHRINK-HYPE-RARE-NO TMOQ/RSD/SEALED/COLOR/45/CD/ US $14.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Eve LP Vinyl AL9504 US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
The Alan Parsons Project- The Turn of a Friendly Card Vinyl Record VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY VINYL LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Eye in the Sky - The Alan Parsons Project (Cassette 1999, BMG) NEW in Shrink US $11.04 Buy It Now 16h 7m
7 INCH SINGLE THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY JAPAN PROMO US $8.47 [0 bids]
LP The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of mistery and Imagination US $179.99 Buy It Now 16h 11m
7 INCH SINGLE THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DON'T ANSWER ME JAPAN US $8.47 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID LP AB 4180 US $3.73 Buy It Now 16h 24m
The Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky Shrink Promo Sticker Arista Insert US $0.99 [1 bids]
Alan Parsons Project-Stereotomy RARE CD Pink Floyd Yes ELO style US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Alan Parsons Project-Limelight The Best of Vol.2 RARE CD Pink Floyd Yes style US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 5m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot LP Record RARE 1977 import US $17.50 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Rock Promo 45 The Alan Parsons Project - The Raven / The Raven On 20Th Century US $5.00 Buy It Now 18h 28m
The Alan Parsons Project ?- Stereotomy LP Vinyl AL9-8384 US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 41m
THA ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "NM WAX" Vulture Culture 25RS-239 OBI LP Ad4509 US $7.00 [3 bids]
THA ALAN PARSONS' PROJECT "NM WAX" Stereotomy 28RS-10 OBI LP Ad4511 US $5.24 [2 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD VINYL LP IN SHRINK PROG US $12.50 Buy It Now 19h 51m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT AND PYRAMID VINYL BUNDLE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 54m
The Alan Parsons Project Eve 1979 Arista AL9504 Gatefold US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons... US $2.75 Buy It Now 20h 21m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EVE ARISTA 1979 US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 21m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Vulture Culture (1 CD) [Arista] US $7.48 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Alan Parsons Project 'Eve' Vinyl US $12.00 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT IROBOT GF VINYL ALBUM US $2.98 Buy It Now 23h 36m
Alan Parsons Project - X2: I Robot & Eye In The Sky CD US $17.20 Buy It Now 23h 38m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT i robot Lp RECORD US $8.75 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project Two Different Cassette Tape Music Lot US $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot VINYL LP Gatefold 1979 JAPAN IMPORT US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT *GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of (CD, 1983, Arista Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP-TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION/20TH CENTURY REC. VG++ US $6.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ULTIMATE / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project - Very Best Live (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.99 [0 bids]
Mean at work,The Outfield,The Alan Parsons Project,The bangles,Air Supply,3CDDVD US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-AMMONIA AVENUE-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT eve 201 157 german arista LP PS EX/EX gatefold sleeve US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD Stereotomy - West Germany - Special Price cover US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD Eve - West Germany Eighties - Special Price cover US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD Eye in the Sky - West Germany - Special Price cover US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project I Robot Arista AL7002 1977 NM LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - DAMNED IF I DO 7" VINYL US $11.02 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - DOCTOR TARR AND PROFESSOR FETHER 7" VINYL US $12.71 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - DON'T ANSWER ME 7" VINYL PS US $7.62 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - GAMES PEOPLE PLAY 7" VINYL US $7.62 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMANIA 7" VINYL US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - I Robot (Legacy Edition) (remastered) - 2xLP US $45.41 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best Of Alan Parsons Project 1987 Japan CD Early Press With Obi A32D-16 HTF US $39.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Penthouse 1984 1st Press, STEAM CLEANED US $12.80 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project- Let's Talk About Me- Rock 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue SEALED 1984 LP US $27.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project: Gaudi CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best Of LP Hong Kong Promo 1983 ex+/ex US $16.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 7" VINYL PROMO COPY P/S LUCIFER EVE 1 EX US $15.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe The Alan Parsons Project US $5.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Best of 1970-80's Arista AL8-8193 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE PROGRESSIVE / WITH OBI US $39.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Time / The Gold Bug - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EVE 1979 ARISTA AB9504 VINYL RECORD LP VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue ; Arista AL8 8204, Mint US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD AL-9518 VINYL LP 1980 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VERY RARE 1987 USA CASSETTE TAPE @ THIS PRICE~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~GAUDI !!! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Vulture Culture CD Remastered Album Extra Tracks 2007 New US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Stingy

Volume one of the "Best of" the Allan Parsons Project creamed off the most obvious selections from a commercial point of view. Volume 2 is therefore slightly more interesting in that through necessity, the compilers have actually had to put some thought into which tracks to include.

The result is a reasonably passable cross section of songs from each of their albums. Once again though, presumably for contractual reasons, "Tales of mystery and imagination.." is completely overlooked.

The title tracks from "Stereotomy" and "I robot" are both decent representations of those albums, and "Limelight" is one of the Project's finest ballads. The music is rather too sugar coated at times, drifting towards the easy listening, but Parsons and Woolfson have good ears for a fine melody. At only 48 minutes, the compilation is rather stingy, with plenty of room remaining for further selections.

The acid question for any compilation is, is it a good representation of the band. By and large, the answer here is "yes", but I would still recommend going for the original albums rather than any APP compilation.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#86034) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The second "best of" compilation from the Alan Parsons Project seems more like an appendix to their first "best of" compilation that was released in 1983 rather than a continuation like most greatest hits albums that are labeled "vol. 1, vol. 2, etc." The major reason for this was probably because they did not have enough material to fill the album from what was released between 1984 and 1987. Eight of the eleven songs were from that time period, some hits, some not (at least not that I was aware of). It also includes the I Robot instrumental (which was sorely lacking from the first compilation), What Goes Up (from Pyramania), and The Turn of a Friendly Card Part II (better known as Snake Eyes). Since they took the time to add stuff that was missing from their first compilation, again nothing is represented from their debut (maybe because their debut was not released by Arista??).

These weren't the most popular singles released by APP and in many ways it pales in comparison to their first "best of" selection. After all, APP had been in a decline since their 1982 apex with the release of Eye in the Sky. The music is chiefly pop rock with a slight mixing of pop prog in places. Although the addition of the I Robot instrumental was nice, it wasn't enough to bring this album out of the "collectors only" zone. Two stars is about as high as I can go on this.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#155238) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Released five years after the volume I, this compilation is slightly better then the first, for obivous reasons: they had to fill the spaces without the benefit of the greatest hits that were already used on the first. Still you canīt hardly say it is their best. As I warned on my previous review of the vol I, this title is very misleading: the tracks you have here are far from whatīs best from APP. there are good moments, of course: the instrumental I Robot is one of them, and I really love the beautiful melody line of Days Are Number (probably one of the best pop hits ever). Limelight and Prime Time are also good songs. But at 48:25 they could have inlcuded at least five more tracks.

But even if you put those two compilations together, like I did in the early 90īs (for lack of options at the time), youīll get frustrated. Especially if you heard one of APPīs full album. The Project always had fine stuff that was not played on the radio, and that was true for most of their best ones. So I canīt recommend any of those. If you want a real good APPīs collection take my advice: get all their albums and select you own favortie songs. This CD is one of the cases when the Best Of title works against the artist. APP did much better than whatīs shown. Iīll give two stars because the tracklist is a little stronger than the first, but still it barely made it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#192290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by lazland
3 stars Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks converting a pile of old vinyl into digital, and also going on a ridiculous spending spree for new stuff, I dug out this old curiosity this evening.

This is the second of a compilation of tracks from the project started by Alan Parsons, of Pink Floyd engineering fame, and the late, great Eric Woolfson, and if the purpose of such compilations is to goad the listener into exploring more fully the deeper annals of such bands, then I think that this one succeeds admirably. I, for one, will be expanding my collection with originals from this band.

A variety of artists were used on the project, and Chris Rainbow's vocals are standout on a couple of tracks here, most especially Since The Last Goodbye, although, to these ears, the emotional intensity of Woolfson's vocals are the true hallmark.

The title track, Limelight, is a standout ballad, with vocals dripping with intensity.

Another standout for me is Ammonia Avenue, with exceptional Woolfson vocals, this is the title track from the album of the same name which generated good commercial success. It is reminiscent of what many would call American AOR, but is no worse for that.

The instrumentals show the proggier side of a band who, in fairness, just qualify as Crossover prog on this site. Mammagamma and I Robot are especially enjoyable, the latter basically a simple keyboard riff overlaid with an almost disco type of rhythm.

There are a couple of tracks here which I would describe as throwaway, and certainly make this good, but non essential. Hawkeye is one such track. Pleasant enough as an instrumental, with saxophone and light keyboards dominating, but it never really grabs enough. Light fare, basically, which I believe is the main criticism of many contributors on this site to the Project as a whole.

This is a good selection of tracks, and if you enjoy, as I do, the simpler side of prog in terms of composition and instrumentation, melded with some quite exquisite vocal performances, then you could do a lot worse than to check this out.

A strong three stars for a very worthy compilation.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#303129) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 stars Guilty Pleasure. I was listening to this while working out and felt inpired to share a recommendation. I recommend this for a prog fan who does not have the urge or desire to invest largly in this group but can appreciate the essence of what Alan Parson's Project was as both a prog-related a ... (read more)

Report this review (#88234) | Posted by mapman | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II "