THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VOL. II

Alan Parsons Project The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II  album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Prime Time (3:48)
2. Let's Talk About Me (3:37)
3. Standing On Higher Ground (4:22)
4. Stereotomy (4:26)
5. Don't Answer Me (4:10)
6. Limelight (4:38)
7. I Robot (6:00)
8. What Goes Up... (3:24)
9. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:08)
10. Ammonia Avanue (6:32)
11. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part II) (3:20)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II Music

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - BEST OF V2 (CD 1987) US $6.99 Buy It Now 35m 28s
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Eve - 1990 - CD - ARCD 8062 - UPC 0 7822-18062-2 - 9 Trks US $5.89 [0 bids]
42m 38s
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - Gatefold Vinyl LP Record 1977 US $7.95 Buy It Now 42m 57s
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-I ROBOT 1977 ARISTA RECORDS GATEFOLD LP AL 7002 VG++ US $7.99 Buy It Now 51m 8s
The Alan Parsons Project Arista 45 Record #9282 VG+ Hawkeye / Let's Talk About US $6.00 Buy It Now 53m 15s
The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi CD 2008 IMPORT 260171 US $8.09 Buy It Now 54m 34s
2 LP Lot Boston "S/T" 1st US Press & The Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" US $14.99 Buy It Now 58m 6s
The Alan Parsons Project - Eve (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) ARCD-8062 US $6.17 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Alan Parsons Project, Foreigner, Sandy Szigeti & Quicksilver Record LP Rock Lot US $4.99 [0 bids]
BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Recycled Vinyl LP Album Record Bowl (1983) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ?- THE BEST OF, EX, White Label, USSR Press 1987 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ?- GAUDI, NM, Red Label, USSR Press 1989, RARE US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ~ DAYS ARE NUMBERS ~ POP-ROCK 12"..NM (UNPLAYED)..P/S.. US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
The Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Ca... US $7.96 Buy It Now 1h 29m
The Alan Parsons Project Arista 45 Record #9133 VG+ Games People Play / Time US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
The Alan Parsons Project -- The Complete Albums Collection --11 CD Box Set US $90.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Vulture Culture CASSETTE US $1.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot HDAD AUDIO DISC. SEALED! HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE and OOP US $229.95 Buy It Now 2h 50m
1982 CLASSIC ROCK The Alan Parsons Project / Eye in The Sky LP VG+ Vinyl @ US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
The Turn of a Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1987, BMG) US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
The Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid - U.S. VINYL LP US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 54m
The Alan Parsons Project 45 Games People Play/The Ace Of Swords Arista Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
Alan Parsons Project - If I Could Change Your Mind M- 1979 US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
I Robot, The Alan Parsons Project, New Original recording remastered, E US $8.74 Buy It Now 4h 18m
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot HDAD 2003 US $250.00 Buy It Now 4h 22m
1977 PROG ROCK The Alan Parsons Project / I, Robot LP @ US $2.25 Buy It Now 4h 54m
The Alan Parsons Project - Don't Let It Show 45 RPM Vinyl Record PROMO MONO 1977 US $6.95 Buy It Now 5h 12m
The Alan Parsons Project...Stereotomy...LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 13m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "EVE" US $4.95 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD" US $4.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project, The ?- Eye In The Sky Lp Colombia US $45.00 Buy It Now 5h 29m
The Alan Parsons Project - "Don't Answer Me" - 45 RPM - Picture Sleeve US $5.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Pyramid LP (original art label, w/ insert, slight cover w US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 48m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT RECORD ALBUM LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi CD Manufactured in JAPAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Stereotomy - 1985 - CD - ARCD 8384 US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAMES PEOPLE PLAY 45rpm SLSK 177 ACL US $1.00 Buy It Now 6h 54m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT , Pyramid , Gatefold , LP , EX- US $1.76 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT pyramid Lp RECORD US $8.75 Buy It Now 7h 7m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ,The Turn Of A Friendly Card , VG+ US $0.88 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - The Turn Of A Friendly Card - 1980 - ARCD 8226 US $4.49 Buy It Now 7h 8m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Gaudi - 1987 - CD - ARCD 8448 US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 15m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Pyramid - 1978 - CD - ARCD 8225 US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
The Alan Parsons Project 2 CD in EXCELLENT CONDITION US $15.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - X2: I Robot & Eye In The Sky [CD New] US $12.66 Buy It Now 7h 49m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons... US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
CD The Best of The Alan Parsons Project Volume 2 US $7.64 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Alan Parsons Project Vulture Culture CD pressed in Japan for Arista 1984 VH2F US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
The Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue CD pressed for Arista in JAPAN Very HTF US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
UHQR - Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - 12" vinyl - Mobile Fidelity 1-084 SEALED US $374.99 [0 bids]
CD: The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project Volume 2 1987 US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Eye In The Sky/Vulture Culture on 1 CD - 1998 CD - CD US $29.95 Buy It Now 8h 30m
VINYL LP Alan Parsons Project - I Robot / Arista RCA pressing US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Japan CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Alan Parsons Project Eve Japan CD bonus tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy Japan CD US $37.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Lp NM Grade A+ NR FREE US SHIPPING US $11.98 Buy It Now 9h 41m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT *GAUDI* (CD, 1987, Arista) MADE IN JAPAN, EXC, FAST SHIP !! US $11.95 Buy It Now 10h 46m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: TIME / THE GOLD BUG - 45 RPM ARISTA AS 0598 US $2.97 Buy It Now 11h 11m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PRIME TIME" 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 11h 17m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PSYCHOBABBLE" 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "EYE IN THE SKY / GEMINI" 45 NEAR MINT US $3.75 Buy It Now 11h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "OLD AND WISE" 45 MINT US $6.75 Buy It Now 11h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "TIME" 45 US $3.75 Buy It Now 11h 20m
Alan Parsons Project-Stereotomy-LP-Arista-1985-Outer Cover-Photo-Biography-NM-M US $53.59 Buy It Now 11h 21m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "LET'S TALK ABOUT ME" 45 US $3.50 Buy It Now 11h 21m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "YOU DON'T BELIEVE" 45 MINT US $5.75 Buy It Now 11h 22m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "DON'T ANSWER ME" 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 11h 31m
Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery And Imagination - Exc Cond - early press US $6.60 Buy It Now 11h 32m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "I ROBOT" LP US $3.00 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of Vol 2 - Exc Cond - early press US $6.60 Buy It Now 11h 33m
Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky - Exc Cond - early press US $6.60 Buy It Now 11h 34m
* THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ** PYRAMID ** NM - ** IN SHRINK A GREAT GIFT US $10.50 Buy It Now 11h 44m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DON'T ANSWER ME NM 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEI 97 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 49m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GOLD BUG NM 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEI 95 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 49m
The Alan Parsons Project Works Gold Disc 2 CD 20 Bit SBM Remaster Factory Sealed US $27.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - I, Robot CD - Exc Cond, Early Press US $6.60 Buy It Now 12h 25m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- GAUDI, CASSETTE TAPE US $1.83 Buy It Now 12h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMID - 1978 - LP US $7.79 Buy It Now 13h 8m
The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky c/w Gemini 7" JAPAN 45 US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 12m
Pyramid by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Anthology by The Alan Parsons Project (U.K CD ,Connoisseour Coll. 1991 US $2.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - AMMONIA AVENUE, JAPAN LP + OBI, M-! 25RS-223 US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 24m
LP UK PRESS - THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT (PYRAMID) - 1978 - ARISTA 058 60792 US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 57m
Ultimate the Alan Parsons Project, Parsons, Alan, New Original recording remaste US $34.99 Buy It Now 14h 57m
Lot of 4 tapes Styx Alan Parsons Project Nazareth Whitesnake Great condition ! US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE VINYL RECORD 1984 ARISTA RECORDS US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Arista 0598 The Alan Parsons Project US $7.95 Buy It Now 15h 55m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "LET'S TALK ABOUT ME" RARE GERMAN 12" SINGLE US $7.70 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Flexidisc : The Alan Parsons Project An Eye Opener US $8.04 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - STEREOTOMY D/Remaster w/BONUS Trax ~ 80's ELECTRO *NEW* US $11.20 Buy It Now 17h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Prime Time / The Gold Bug 45 RPM 7" Vinyl VG+ US $1.25 Buy It Now 18h 8m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Time / The Gold Bug 45 RPM 7" Vinyl VG+ US $1.25 Buy It Now 18h 8m
3 ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Cassette Tapes! Eye In The Sky, I Robot, Stereotomy US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- THE BEST OF - 12 TRACK CD, GREATEST HITS SINGLES, EYE IN T US $6.15 Buy It Now 19h 9m
Alan Parsons Project-1985-Arista-STILL SEALED-12"-LP- Prog Rock "Stereotomy" US $17.99 Buy It Now 19h 47m
Alan Parsons Project - The Instrumental Works US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 59m
Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h
The Alan Parsons Project Tales Of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe LP US $12.49 Buy It Now 20h 11m

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Stingy

Volume one of the "Best of" the Allan Parsons Project creamed off the most obvious selections from a commercial point of view. Volume 2 is therefore slightly more interesting in that through necessity, the compilers have actually had to put some thought into which tracks to include.

The result is a reasonably passable cross section of songs from each of their albums. Once again though, presumably for contractual reasons, "Tales of mystery and imagination.." is completely overlooked.

The title tracks from "Stereotomy" and "I robot" are both decent representations of those albums, and "Limelight" is one of the Project's finest ballads. The music is rather too sugar coated at times, drifting towards the easy listening, but Parsons and Woolfson have good ears for a fine melody. At only 48 minutes, the compilation is rather stingy, with plenty of room remaining for further selections.

The acid question for any compilation is, is it a good representation of the band. By and large, the answer here is "yes", but I would still recommend going for the original albums rather than any APP compilation.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#86034) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The second "best of" compilation from the Alan Parsons Project seems more like an appendix to their first "best of" compilation that was released in 1983 rather than a continuation like most greatest hits albums that are labeled "vol. 1, vol. 2, etc." The major reason for this was probably because they did not have enough material to fill the album from what was released between 1984 and 1987. Eight of the eleven songs were from that time period, some hits, some not (at least not that I was aware of). It also includes the I Robot instrumental (which was sorely lacking from the first compilation), What Goes Up (from Pyramania), and The Turn of a Friendly Card Part II (better known as Snake Eyes). Since they took the time to add stuff that was missing from their first compilation, again nothing is represented from their debut (maybe because their debut was not released by Arista??).

These weren't the most popular singles released by APP and in many ways it pales in comparison to their first "best of" selection. After all, APP had been in a decline since their 1982 apex with the release of Eye in the Sky. The music is chiefly pop rock with a slight mixing of pop prog in places. Although the addition of the I Robot instrumental was nice, it wasn't enough to bring this album out of the "collectors only" zone. Two stars is about as high as I can go on this.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#155238) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Released five years after the volume I, this compilation is slightly better then the first, for obivous reasons: they had to fill the spaces without the benefit of the greatest hits that were already used on the first. Still you canīt hardly say it is their best. As I warned on my previous review of the vol I, this title is very misleading: the tracks you have here are far from whatīs best from APP. there are good moments, of course: the instrumental I Robot is one of them, and I really love the beautiful melody line of Days Are Number (probably one of the best pop hits ever). Limelight and Prime Time are also good songs. But at 48:25 they could have inlcuded at least five more tracks.

But even if you put those two compilations together, like I did in the early 90īs (for lack of options at the time), youīll get frustrated. Especially if you heard one of APPīs full album. The Project always had fine stuff that was not played on the radio, and that was true for most of their best ones. So I canīt recommend any of those. If you want a real good APPīs collection take my advice: get all their albums and select you own favortie songs. This CD is one of the cases when the Best Of title works against the artist. APP did much better than whatīs shown. Iīll give two stars because the tracklist is a little stronger than the first, but still it barely made it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#192290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by lazland
3 stars Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks converting a pile of old vinyl into digital, and also going on a ridiculous spending spree for new stuff, I dug out this old curiosity this evening.

This is the second of a compilation of tracks from the project started by Alan Parsons, of Pink Floyd engineering fame, and the late, great Eric Woolfson, and if the purpose of such compilations is to goad the listener into exploring more fully the deeper annals of such bands, then I think that this one succeeds admirably. I, for one, will be expanding my collection with originals from this band.

A variety of artists were used on the project, and Chris Rainbow's vocals are standout on a couple of tracks here, most especially Since The Last Goodbye, although, to these ears, the emotional intensity of Woolfson's vocals are the true hallmark.

The title track, Limelight, is a standout ballad, with vocals dripping with intensity.

Another standout for me is Ammonia Avenue, with exceptional Woolfson vocals, this is the title track from the album of the same name which generated good commercial success. It is reminiscent of what many would call American AOR, but is no worse for that.

The instrumentals show the proggier side of a band who, in fairness, just qualify as Crossover prog on this site. Mammagamma and I Robot are especially enjoyable, the latter basically a simple keyboard riff overlaid with an almost disco type of rhythm.

There are a couple of tracks here which I would describe as throwaway, and certainly make this good, but non essential. Hawkeye is one such track. Pleasant enough as an instrumental, with saxophone and light keyboards dominating, but it never really grabs enough. Light fare, basically, which I believe is the main criticism of many contributors on this site to the Project as a whole.

This is a good selection of tracks, and if you enjoy, as I do, the simpler side of prog in terms of composition and instrumentation, melded with some quite exquisite vocal performances, then you could do a lot worse than to check this out.

A strong three stars for a very worthy compilation.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#303129) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 stars Guilty Pleasure. I was listening to this while working out and felt inpired to share a recommendation. I recommend this for a prog fan who does not have the urge or desire to invest largly in this group but can appreciate the essence of what Alan Parson's Project was as both a prog-related a ... (read more)

Report this review (#88234) | Posted by mapman | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II "