THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VOL. II

Alan Parsons Project The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II  album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Prime Time (3:48)
2. Let's Talk About Me (3:37)
3. Standing On Higher Ground (4:22)
4. Stereotomy (4:26)
5. Don't Answer Me (4:10)
6. Limelight (4:38)
7. I Robot (6:00)
8. What Goes Up... (3:24)
9. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:08)
10. Ammonia Avanue (6:32)
11. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part II) (3:20)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
Alan Parsons Project "Eve" US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project, Vol. 2 by The Alan Parsons Project (CD,... US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
DAMNED IF I DO~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~WL PROMO ONLY RELEASE~12"~EXTENDED MIX US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY/GEMINI ARISTA 45 # AS 0696 US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 49m
PSYCHOBABBLE alan parsons project 45 US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Tales Of Mystery And Imagination Edgar Allan Poe T-539 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe The Alan Parsons Project US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Tales Of Mystery & Imagination - Rock Album / LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ULTRA RARE NZ CASSETTE TAPE! US $14.96 Buy It Now 2h 16m
The Alan Parsons Project "Don't Answer Me" 45rpm Vinyl Record Don't Let It Show US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: THE BEST OF CASSETTE TAPE US $1.89 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Vulture Culture The Alan Parsons Project (Cassette,1985,Arista) Days Are Numbers US $1.49 [0 bids]
Eye in the Sky by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Mar-2007, Arista) US $3.03 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Alan Parsons Project - 2 LP Album Set US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
The Alan Parsons Project Pyramid Arista Records 1978 BC US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m
The Alan Parsons Project 20th Century Records 1976 BC US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Vinyl LP 1982 Eye In The Sky by The Alan Parsons Project US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- AMMONIA AVENUE CASSETTE TAPE US $4.75 Buy It Now 5h 49m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture [1984], original issue CD, 1990, VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Pyramid ~ GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $12.77 Buy It Now 6h 54m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Time VG 45 RPM US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - IROBOT - LP - VERY NICE US $12.82 Buy It Now 8h 5m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Japan LP w/OBI,THE TURN OF A FRIEN US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 34m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD RARE U.S LP NM VINYL! SHRINK ON US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 36m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-EYE IN THE SKY-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $21.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Alan Parsons, Ultimate the Alan Parsons Project Audio CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "EVE" RARE CD NM US $11.22 Buy It Now 9h 37m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-VULTURE CULTURE, STILL SEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $23.90 [0 bids]
The Instrumental Works by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Arista) US $4.44 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-EYE IN THE SKY-10 TRACK CD-1983-USA IMPORT US $10.76 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Eye in the Sky by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project. Gaudi. 1987. Melodiya. S60 27787 000. Russia, USSR. LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project-I Robot Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project The Instrumental Works MADE IN ISRAEL 1988 RECORD US $40.00 Buy It Now 12h 40m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -Eye In The Sky KOREA LP blue cvr US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -Eye In The Sky KOREA LP green cvr US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -The Best Of ~ KOREA LP W/Insert US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 3m
The Alan Parsons Project "Lucifer/You Lie Down with Dogs" 45 US $4.95 Buy It Now 13h 9m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture Korea Lp w/in US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 12m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Ammonia Avenue" LP from 1984 (Arista) US $3.99 Buy It Now 13h 55m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT..I ROBOT..LP US $3.00 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-EYE IN THE SKY-LP-NM-SIRIUS-PSYCHOBABBLE-GEMINI US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Turn of a Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1987, BMG) US $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 46m
The Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" LP From 1977 ( Arista Records ) US $19.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Turn Of Friendly Card" LP SEALED US $49.99 Buy It Now 15h 53m
LP-ALAN PARSONS PROJECT/I ROBOT/77,ARISTA/GATEFOLD/VG+ US $0.79 [0 bids]
(JAPAN) Alan Parsons Project - Turn of a Friendly Card US $6.69 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-LOVE SONGS US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. 2 CD by The Alan Parsons Project 1987 US $4.00 [0 bids]
Pyramid by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $9.35 Buy It Now 17h 7m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Pyramid CD 1978 Album Arista 8225 DIDX 169 US $3.50 Buy It Now 17h 15m
1979 THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EVE Arista AL 9504 Vinyl LP Album US $3.36 Buy It Now 17h 18m
1976 ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION 20th Century T-539 US $3.36 Buy It Now 17h 18m
Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination Near Mint LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 41m
The Alan Parsons Project PLATINUM & GOLD COLLECTION CD ~ Exc. USED Cond. US $8.00 Buy It Now 18h 24m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-I ROBOT 1977 ARISTA RECORDS GATEFOLD LP AL 7002 VG++ US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 33m
1x CD ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- The Best US $4.00 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Eve - CD Album US $2.47 [1 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project GAUDI ISRAELI PRESS LP LYRIC US $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 12m
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot Album US $2.50 Buy It Now 19h 13m
The Babys The Knack Cheap Trick Meat Loaf Inxs The Alan Parsons Project Cassette US $8.49 Buy It Now 19h 15m
The Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky The Turn Of A Friendly Card 12" LP Excel US $7.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Tales Of Mystery And Imagination CD Rock Music Album New US $11.61 Buy It Now 19h 17m
The Alan Parsons Project The Turn Of A Friendly Card Album US $2.50 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Lot (3) 2xGERMAN ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LPs vulture culture PYRAMID eye in the sky US $5.99 [1 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Best of - Compilation Cassette US $6.56 Buy It Now 19h 33m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT gino vanelli THOMPSON TWINS melissa manchester KASHIF CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT ARISTA 7002 RECORD LP VINYL GATEFOLD COVER IN E US $1.99 [0 bids]
Eye in the Sky: Encore Collection by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Aug-1999,... US $4.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Arista 45 Record #0696 VG+ 1982 Eye In The Sky / Gemini US $4.00 Buy It Now 20h 4m
Alan Parsons Project Arista 45 Record #0454 NM 1979 Damned If I Do / If I Could US $5.00 Buy It Now 20h 6m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-"DAYS ARE NUMBERS" 1985 U.S. ISSUE DBL. SIDED DJ 12" US $8.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Don't Answer Me Arista US $34.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP-AMMONIA AVENUE/ARISTA REC. 1984 ALS-8204 VG++ GLOSSY US $7.98 Buy It Now 20h 19m
The Alan Parsons Project Vintage Album:The Turn Of A Friendly Card US $8.99 [0 bids]
CD THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT US $4.99 [1 bids]
Alan Parsons Project -Ammonia Avenue with inner -free uk post US $19.26 Buy It Now 22h
Alan Parsons Project -Tales of Mystery & Imagination -gatefold -free uk post US $19.26 Buy It Now 22h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - POP CLASSICS CD EVA 353 623 US $5.00 Buy It Now 22h 7m
The Alan Parsons Project LP's Lot Of 2 US $6.00 [1 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MFSL VINYL LP I ROBOT ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING EX/VG+ PROG US $20.50 [4 bids]
The Alan parsons Project, Prime time, The Gold Bug, Arista label, 1980 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Rock Obi Japan LP THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eye In The Sky on Arista US $25.00 Buy It Now 22h 43m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -(LP)- I ROBOT - FEATURING "BREAKDOWN" - ARISTA - 1977 US $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 44m
The Essential Alan Parsons Project 3 CD Set Sealed Best US $13.91 Buy It Now 22h 48m
The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi - Sealed Cassette US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot & Air Supply Now and Forever Vinyl LP Record 33 US $6.69 Buy It Now 23h 9m
Gaudi by The Alan Parsons Project US $9.59 Buy It Now 23h 21m
Alan Parsons Project RARE Japan 7 PROMO single Damned VINYL synth prog Floyd US $15.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project: Eve ~ Very Good CD (1984, Arista (USA) ARCD 8062) US $7.77 Buy It Now 23h 32m
5 Lp HEART ERIC CLAPTON STEVE MILLER BAND FLEETWOOD MAC ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot LP VG++ b US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE TAPE THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE 1984 ARISTA RECORDS OOP !! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card 1980 Cassette Rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project "Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Edgar Allan Poe" US $4.69 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve 1979 ARISTA CLASSIC ROCK PROG LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project-Don't Let It Show USA dj promo mono/stereo US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Vulture culture cassette Arista US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Stingy

Volume one of the "Best of" the Allan Parsons Project creamed off the most obvious selections from a commercial point of view. Volume 2 is therefore slightly more interesting in that through necessity, the compilers have actually had to put some thought into which tracks to include.

The result is a reasonably passable cross section of songs from each of their albums. Once again though, presumably for contractual reasons, "Tales of mystery and imagination.." is completely overlooked.

The title tracks from "Stereotomy" and "I robot" are both decent representations of those albums, and "Limelight" is one of the Project's finest ballads. The music is rather too sugar coated at times, drifting towards the easy listening, but Parsons and Woolfson have good ears for a fine melody. At only 48 minutes, the compilation is rather stingy, with plenty of room remaining for further selections.

The acid question for any compilation is, is it a good representation of the band. By and large, the answer here is "yes", but I would still recommend going for the original albums rather than any APP compilation.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#86034) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The second "best of" compilation from the Alan Parsons Project seems more like an appendix to their first "best of" compilation that was released in 1983 rather than a continuation like most greatest hits albums that are labeled "vol. 1, vol. 2, etc." The major reason for this was probably because they did not have enough material to fill the album from what was released between 1984 and 1987. Eight of the eleven songs were from that time period, some hits, some not (at least not that I was aware of). It also includes the I Robot instrumental (which was sorely lacking from the first compilation), What Goes Up (from Pyramania), and The Turn of a Friendly Card Part II (better known as Snake Eyes). Since they took the time to add stuff that was missing from their first compilation, again nothing is represented from their debut (maybe because their debut was not released by Arista??).

These weren't the most popular singles released by APP and in many ways it pales in comparison to their first "best of" selection. After all, APP had been in a decline since their 1982 apex with the release of Eye in the Sky. The music is chiefly pop rock with a slight mixing of pop prog in places. Although the addition of the I Robot instrumental was nice, it wasn't enough to bring this album out of the "collectors only" zone. Two stars is about as high as I can go on this.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#155238) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Released five years after the volume I, this compilation is slightly better then the first, for obivous reasons: they had to fill the spaces without the benefit of the greatest hits that were already used on the first. Still you can´t hardly say it is their best. As I warned on my previous review of the vol I, this title is very misleading: the tracks you have here are far from what´s best from APP. there are good moments, of course: the instrumental I Robot is one of them, and I really love the beautiful melody line of Days Are Number (probably one of the best pop hits ever). Limelight and Prime Time are also good songs. But at 48:25 they could have inlcuded at least five more tracks.

But even if you put those two compilations together, like I did in the early 90´s (for lack of options at the time), you´ll get frustrated. Especially if you heard one of APP´s full album. The Project always had fine stuff that was not played on the radio, and that was true for most of their best ones. So I can´t recommend any of those. If you want a real good APP´s collection take my advice: get all their albums and select you own favortie songs. This CD is one of the cases when the Best Of title works against the artist. APP did much better than what´s shown. I´ll give two stars because the tracklist is a little stronger than the first, but still it barely made it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#192290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by lazland
3 stars Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks converting a pile of old vinyl into digital, and also going on a ridiculous spending spree for new stuff, I dug out this old curiosity this evening.

This is the second of a compilation of tracks from the project started by Alan Parsons, of Pink Floyd engineering fame, and the late, great Eric Woolfson, and if the purpose of such compilations is to goad the listener into exploring more fully the deeper annals of such bands, then I think that this one succeeds admirably. I, for one, will be expanding my collection with originals from this band.

A variety of artists were used on the project, and Chris Rainbow's vocals are standout on a couple of tracks here, most especially Since The Last Goodbye, although, to these ears, the emotional intensity of Woolfson's vocals are the true hallmark.

The title track, Limelight, is a standout ballad, with vocals dripping with intensity.

Another standout for me is Ammonia Avenue, with exceptional Woolfson vocals, this is the title track from the album of the same name which generated good commercial success. It is reminiscent of what many would call American AOR, but is no worse for that.

The instrumentals show the proggier side of a band who, in fairness, just qualify as Crossover prog on this site. Mammagamma and I Robot are especially enjoyable, the latter basically a simple keyboard riff overlaid with an almost disco type of rhythm.

There are a couple of tracks here which I would describe as throwaway, and certainly make this good, but non essential. Hawkeye is one such track. Pleasant enough as an instrumental, with saxophone and light keyboards dominating, but it never really grabs enough. Light fare, basically, which I believe is the main criticism of many contributors on this site to the Project as a whole.

This is a good selection of tracks, and if you enjoy, as I do, the simpler side of prog in terms of composition and instrumentation, melded with some quite exquisite vocal performances, then you could do a lot worse than to check this out.

A strong three stars for a very worthy compilation.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#303129) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 stars Guilty Pleasure. I was listening to this while working out and felt inpired to share a recommendation. I recommend this for a prog fan who does not have the urge or desire to invest largly in this group but can appreciate the essence of what Alan Parson's Project was as both a prog-related a ... (read more)

Report this review (#88234) | Posted by mapman | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II "