THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VOL. II

Alan Parsons Project The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II  album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Prime Time (3:48)
2. Let's Talk About Me (3:37)
3. Standing On Higher Ground (4:22)
4. Stereotomy (4:26)
5. Don't Answer Me (4:10)
6. Limelight (4:38)
7. I Robot (6:00)
8. What Goes Up... (3:24)
9. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:08)
10. Ammonia Avanue (6:32)
11. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part II) (3:20)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
Parsons Alan - Playlist: Very Best Of The Alan Parsons Project CD US $11.81 Buy It Now 1h 37m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-PRIME TIME 7" P/S SINGLE CHEAP US $6.44 Buy It Now 2h 11m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-DON'T ANSWER ME 7" P/S SINGLE CHEAP US $6.44 Buy It Now 2h 14m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-LET'S TALK ABOUT ME ME 7" P/S SINGLE CHEAP US $4.82 Buy It Now 2h 19m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-EYE IN THE SKY-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $20.50 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card - RARE Israeli Israel Made LP US $14.24 Buy It Now 3h
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky - RARE Israeli Israel Made LP US $14.24 Buy It Now 3h 10m
The Alan Parsons Project 45 "Doctor Tarr And Professor Fether" 20th Century US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT / STEREOTOMY JAPAN CD OOP US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Complete Albums Collection 11-CD box set SEALED/NEW US $96.78 Buy It Now 5h 43m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Japan 1987 32RD-89 NM CD GAUDI US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "GAUDI" 180gr VINYL LP NEW & SEALED US $32.25 Buy It Now 6h 29m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue ORIGINAL LP EX US $9.66 Buy It Now 7h
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMID (LP ARISTA AB 4180, 1978) US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Eye in the Sky Alan Parsons Project 45 RPM Capitol 1982 AS0696 B side Gemini US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: AMMONIA AVENUE, USED CD! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project, Ammonia Avenue, 33 RPM, 12", LP, 1983, AL8 8204 New Age US $6.25 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD" 1980 ARISTA LABEL=CLEAN US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 26m
Alan Parsons Project I Robot Arista AL7002 1977 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 45m
Alan Parsons Project~Original OZ LP Eye in the sky NM 1982 Prog rock US $12.29 Buy It Now 8h 51m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Turn of a Friendly Card CD Classic 1980 Album US $2.49 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project "Eve" (AL 9504) - Vinyl / LP / Gatefold / NM US $7.50 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Mass : Alan Parsons Project CD (1996) US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Alan Parsons Project "Gaudi " 1986 LP EX Rare Russian Press US $12.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid, LP 1981 US $2.50 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project: Damned if I do 1979 45rpm US $2.99 [0 bids]
11h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT**I ROBOT (GATEFOLD/180 GRAM)**VINYL US $29.95 Buy It Now 11h 11m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT**EYE IN THE SKY (180G/REMASTERED)**VINYL US $29.95 Buy It Now 11h 12m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY - "SEALED" - "SEALED" - "SEALED" US $35.00 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Alan Parsons project - Turn of a Friendly Card LP (Time, Games People Play) VG+ US $1.71 Buy It Now 11h 39m
Alan Parsons Project I ROBOT ERIC WOOLFSON ORIGINAL VINYL GF LP US $12.95 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID ORIGINAL VINYL LP w/ 4 PAGE POSTER ERIC WOOLFSON US $11.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project ORIGINAL "Eve" VINYL LP ERIC WOOLFSON ABSOLUTE NEAR MINT US $16.95 [0 bids]
STONE COLD MINT ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue 1983 ORIGINAL VINYL LP MINT US $11.95 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination LP US $12.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve LIMITED 180G Vinyl LP US $35.48 Buy It Now 12h 26m
1 ALAN PARSONS PROJECT eye in the sky / gemini JUKEBOX TITLE STRIP US $2.00 Buy It Now 12h 48m
JAPAN CD / The Best of the Alan Parsons Project US $2.99 Buy It Now 13h 17m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY & THE BEST OF (2 CASSETTES) READ NOTES NO INSERT US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY LP INNER VINYL MINT NEW UNPLAYED 1981 US $24.18 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination' 1976 US Vinyl LP T-508 US $10.99 [0 bids]
The Best of The Alan Parsons Project 1986 Russian Vinyl LP US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY LYRIC SLEEVE 1982 ARISTA LP ALBUM EX-MT+ US $3.95 [0 bids]
lot of 4 different ALAN PARSONS PROJECT used vinyl 45 RECORDS US $16.00 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Master Hits: The Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons Project (CD,... US $3.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (Legacy Edition) - Vinyl 2-LP Import 2013 New US $49.99 Buy It Now 16h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID PYRAMANIA EAGLE VINYLP 78 US $3.77 Buy It Now 16h 50m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Eye In The Sky/Gemini (rock VG+ vinyl 45 AS-0696) US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 30m
Alan Parsons Project, The - I Robot US $2.00 Buy It Now 17h 31m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, THE: You're Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned (RARE PROMO 45) US $16.00 Buy It Now 17h 44m
The Alan Parsons Project - Best of Volumes 1 and 2 CDs US $0.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, THE: Doctor Tarr & Profes PROMO US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 47m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "STEREOTOMY" VINYL LP RECORD EXCELLENT CONDITION US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 47m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "VULTURE CULTURE" VINYL LP RECORD EXCELLENT CONDITION US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 48m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "AMMONIA AVENUE" VINYL LP RECORD EXCELLENT CONDITION US $1.99 Buy It Now 17h 50m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture Vinyl LP Picture Disc Arista PD-8263 US $9.99 [1 bids]
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $4.00 Buy It Now 18h 5m
12" Promo Single - The Alan Parsons Project - Let's Talk About Me US $6.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, THE: Pyramid (rock vinyl LP gatefold) US $15.00 Buy It Now 18h 10m
The Alan Parsons Project Don't Answer Me 45 NM 1977 US $7.95 Buy It Now 18h 16m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: I Robot (rock vinyl LP) US $11.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Eve rock FREE Shipping us & can US $11.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: The Turn Of A Friendly Card US $11.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: The Best of rock US $11.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Vulture Culture rock US $11.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - TALES OF MYSTERY & IMAGINATION, T-739 CASABLANCA US $27.99 Buy It Now 18h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: The Best of Alan Parsons Project Volume 2 (rock vinyl LP) US $14.00 Buy It Now 18h 29m
Alan Parsons Project Turn of a Friendly Card LP VG++ US $7.95 Buy It Now 18h 31m
LP THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD **EXC VINYL** # H 6 US $10.99 Buy It Now 18h 41m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ESSENTIAL 2 CD NEW US $11.44 Buy It Now 18h 51m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project LP Gatefold Arista VG+ US $11.00 Buy It Now 18h 56m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT**AMMONIA AVENUE**CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 19h 21m
VG++ ALAN PARSONS PROJECT YOU DON'T BELIEVE/LUCIFER 1979 45 RPM ARISTA AS 1-9108 US $2.98 Buy It Now 19h 45m
the alan parsons project i robot record US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, THE: I Robot (Rock & Pop Arista 4A-507002 Cassette NM/NM) US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 50m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - THE TURN OF A FRIENDLYCARD - URUGUAY (4pics) US $30.00 Buy It Now 19h 51m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- I ROBOT - URUGUAY (4pics) US $35.00 Buy It Now 19h 56m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Turn of a Friendly Card LP Vinyl 1980 Arista AL9518 US $2.95 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT**EVE**CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 20h 31m
The Alan Parsons Project Tales Of Mystery Ad Imagination {T-539} EXCELLENT VINYL US $6.50 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EVE VG+/VG+ US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMID [ ORIGINAL US EDITION] CD US $11.41 Buy It Now 21h 20m
Stereotomy - The Alan Parsons Project LP w colored plastic Cover US $8.99 Buy It Now 22h 21m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - HYPER-GAMMA-SPACES( DUTCH ARITTA 5C006-61478) 7"PS 1978 US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy 2008 Japan Mini LP SHM Promo CD W/Obi BVCM-34461 US $69.80 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO WHITE LABEL / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT / GATEFOLD COVER US $119.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project-Vulture Culture Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
LOT 3 LPS THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY TURN OF LPS ISRAELI US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot b/w Don't Let It Show STOCK 45 M-- US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GOBLIN Patrick LP/1979 Australian Horror Film Soundtrack/Alan Parsons Project US $42.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project "Vulture Culture" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - AMMONIA AVENUE (DON'T ANSWER ME,PRIME TIME) SEALED LP US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'Don't Answer Me' 1984 German 7"/45 vinyl single US $6.44 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Eve (about women) US $5.28 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: I ROBOT: '77 ARISTA LP: VG+ /EXE US $16.12 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - A1/B1 - LP Vinyl Record US $21.76 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project LP Turn of a Friendly Card M- AL-9518 1980 record vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project,I Robot,1977 Arista Press.VG+ Cond. US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Best of 1983 OZ Arista VG++/VG++ US $8.81 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Stereotomy (reissue) - 180 gram vinyl LP US $32.02 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Stingy

Volume one of the "Best of" the Allan Parsons Project creamed off the most obvious selections from a commercial point of view. Volume 2 is therefore slightly more interesting in that through necessity, the compilers have actually had to put some thought into which tracks to include.

The result is a reasonably passable cross section of songs from each of their albums. Once again though, presumably for contractual reasons, "Tales of mystery and imagination.." is completely overlooked.

The title tracks from "Stereotomy" and "I robot" are both decent representations of those albums, and "Limelight" is one of the Project's finest ballads. The music is rather too sugar coated at times, drifting towards the easy listening, but Parsons and Woolfson have good ears for a fine melody. At only 48 minutes, the compilation is rather stingy, with plenty of room remaining for further selections.

The acid question for any compilation is, is it a good representation of the band. By and large, the answer here is "yes", but I would still recommend going for the original albums rather than any APP compilation.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#86034) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The second "best of" compilation from the Alan Parsons Project seems more like an appendix to their first "best of" compilation that was released in 1983 rather than a continuation like most greatest hits albums that are labeled "vol. 1, vol. 2, etc." The major reason for this was probably because they did not have enough material to fill the album from what was released between 1984 and 1987. Eight of the eleven songs were from that time period, some hits, some not (at least not that I was aware of). It also includes the I Robot instrumental (which was sorely lacking from the first compilation), What Goes Up (from Pyramania), and The Turn of a Friendly Card Part II (better known as Snake Eyes). Since they took the time to add stuff that was missing from their first compilation, again nothing is represented from their debut (maybe because their debut was not released by Arista??).

These weren't the most popular singles released by APP and in many ways it pales in comparison to their first "best of" selection. After all, APP had been in a decline since their 1982 apex with the release of Eye in the Sky. The music is chiefly pop rock with a slight mixing of pop prog in places. Although the addition of the I Robot instrumental was nice, it wasn't enough to bring this album out of the "collectors only" zone. Two stars is about as high as I can go on this.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#155238) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Released five years after the volume I, this compilation is slightly better then the first, for obivous reasons: they had to fill the spaces without the benefit of the greatest hits that were already used on the first. Still you canīt hardly say it is their best. As I warned on my previous review of the vol I, this title is very misleading: the tracks you have here are far from whatīs best from APP. there are good moments, of course: the instrumental I Robot is one of them, and I really love the beautiful melody line of Days Are Number (probably one of the best pop hits ever). Limelight and Prime Time are also good songs. But at 48:25 they could have inlcuded at least five more tracks.

But even if you put those two compilations together, like I did in the early 90īs (for lack of options at the time), youīll get frustrated. Especially if you heard one of APPīs full album. The Project always had fine stuff that was not played on the radio, and that was true for most of their best ones. So I canīt recommend any of those. If you want a real good APPīs collection take my advice: get all their albums and select you own favortie songs. This CD is one of the cases when the Best Of title works against the artist. APP did much better than whatīs shown. Iīll give two stars because the tracklist is a little stronger than the first, but still it barely made it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#192290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by lazland
3 stars Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks converting a pile of old vinyl into digital, and also going on a ridiculous spending spree for new stuff, I dug out this old curiosity this evening.

This is the second of a compilation of tracks from the project started by Alan Parsons, of Pink Floyd engineering fame, and the late, great Eric Woolfson, and if the purpose of such compilations is to goad the listener into exploring more fully the deeper annals of such bands, then I think that this one succeeds admirably. I, for one, will be expanding my collection with originals from this band.

A variety of artists were used on the project, and Chris Rainbow's vocals are standout on a couple of tracks here, most especially Since The Last Goodbye, although, to these ears, the emotional intensity of Woolfson's vocals are the true hallmark.

The title track, Limelight, is a standout ballad, with vocals dripping with intensity.

Another standout for me is Ammonia Avenue, with exceptional Woolfson vocals, this is the title track from the album of the same name which generated good commercial success. It is reminiscent of what many would call American AOR, but is no worse for that.

The instrumentals show the proggier side of a band who, in fairness, just qualify as Crossover prog on this site. Mammagamma and I Robot are especially enjoyable, the latter basically a simple keyboard riff overlaid with an almost disco type of rhythm.

There are a couple of tracks here which I would describe as throwaway, and certainly make this good, but non essential. Hawkeye is one such track. Pleasant enough as an instrumental, with saxophone and light keyboards dominating, but it never really grabs enough. Light fare, basically, which I believe is the main criticism of many contributors on this site to the Project as a whole.

This is a good selection of tracks, and if you enjoy, as I do, the simpler side of prog in terms of composition and instrumentation, melded with some quite exquisite vocal performances, then you could do a lot worse than to check this out.

A strong three stars for a very worthy compilation.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#303129) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 stars Guilty Pleasure. I was listening to this while working out and felt inpired to share a recommendation. I recommend this for a prog fan who does not have the urge or desire to invest largly in this group but can appreciate the essence of what Alan Parson's Project was as both a prog-related a ... (read more)

Report this review (#88234) | Posted by mapman | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II "