THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VOL. II

Alan Parsons Project The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II  album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Prime Time (3:48)
2. Let's Talk About Me (3:37)
3. Standing On Higher Ground (4:22)
4. Stereotomy (4:26)
5. Don't Answer Me (4:10)
6. Limelight (4:38)
7. I Robot (6:00)
8. What Goes Up... (3:24)
9. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:08)
10. Ammonia Avanue (6:32)
11. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part II) (3:20)

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
Alan Parsons Project I Robot MFSL Audiophile LP in Near Mint Condition US $16.50 [6 bids]
36m 31s
The Alan Parsons Project 45 A Dream Within A Dream/The System Of Doctor Tarr US $9.99 Buy It Now 51m 59s
The Alan Parsons Project 7 inch 45 RPM Games People Play / Time EXCELLENT SHAPE US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 5m
THE ALAN PARSONS PRO - PYRAMID [THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT] - NEW CD US $5.78 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Eve by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT--I ROBOT...1977 ARISTA RECORDS LABEL.GATEFOLD COVER....MINT US $5.49 [0 bids]
1978 THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID VINYL ALBUM RECORD US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT------PYRAMID 33 RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project -- The Complete Albums Collection --11 CD Box Set US $102.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EVE D/Remaster CD w/BONUS Trax ~ 70's ELECTRO POP *NEW* US $20.63 Buy It Now 3h 14m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "DON'T ANSWER ME" 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 19m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PSYCHOBABBLE" 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 43m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "OLD AND WISE" 45 MINT US $6.75 Buy It Now 3h 43m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PRIME TIME" 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 43m
THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN FOR ARISTA RECORDS US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, PYRAMID, MADE IN JAPAN SMOOTH EDGED CASE, ARCD 8225 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot CD Classic 70s 80s Rock BREAKDOWN TOTAL ECLIPSE US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Alan Parsons Project- The Turn of a Friendly Card- used 8 Track w/slipcase- nice US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 23m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT / Tales Of Mystery And Imagination - 33rpm 12" LP US $5.95 Buy It Now 7h 17m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-THE ESSENTIAL-2 CD SET-AUSTRALIA-2007 US $11.25 Buy It Now 8h 47m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAUDI GERMAN PRESS 1987 + INNER N/M US $20.52 Buy It Now 9h 54m
The Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue - Original Release CD - Near Mint US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h
The Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid - Original Release CD - Near Mint US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h
The Alan Parsons Project - Stereotomy - Original Release CD - Near Mint US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h 3m
The Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture - Original Release CD - Near Mint US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h 4m
EYE IN THE SKY_The Alan Parsons Project_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $11.26 Buy It Now 12h 30m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project, Vol. 2 by Alan Parsons US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Eye in the Sky by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $5.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TIME MACHINE TOUR '99 POSTER BLANK GIG POSTER(NO DATES) (AP US $22.24 Buy It Now 13h 27m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Ammonia Avenue" LP from 1984 (Arista) US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 36m
HI-FI ROCK: BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Arista AL8-8193 Gatefold US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $35.92 Buy It Now 14h 41m
The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky: 25th Anniversary Edition (CD New) US $11.96 Buy It Now 14h 56m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD Eye in the Sky - West Germany 1983 US $9.95 Buy It Now 15h 13m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "THE BEST OF: VOLUME 2" CASSETTE 1987 arista US $4.50 Buy It Now 15h 55m
The Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" LP From 1977 ( Arista Records ) US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 19m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eye In The Sky / Vulture Culture CD 2 in 1 Rare RUS US $12.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 45 RPM Records - Alan Parsons Project - Games People Play - Time US $12.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project: The instrumental works ~ cassette tape ~ 2a US $3.00 Buy It Now 18h 6m
Alan Parsons Project "Gaudi " 1986 LP EX Rare Russian Press US $12.00 [0 bids]
33 LP Record - The Alan Parsons Project/ PROMO. (You Don't Believe) VG++ US $19.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eye In The Sky LP MADE IN BRAZIL ORIGINAL FIRST PRESS 1982 US $21.00 Buy It Now 19h 2m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Eye in the Sky" LP from 1982 (Arista Records AL-9599) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project EMBOSSED VINYL LP EYE IN THE SKY GERMAN IMPORT STONE MINT!! US $32.95 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Arista 45 Record #9208 VG+ Prime Time / The Gold Bug US $3.20 Buy It Now 19h 57m
The Alan Parsons Project-I Robot Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Eve Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT**EVE**CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 20h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT**STEREOTOMY **CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 20h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CD BEST OF VOLUME 2 ARISTA US $3.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture LP Record 1984 US $14.98 Buy It Now 20h 44m
Alan Parsons Project - Don't Answer Me - UK Version 7" Shaped Picture Disc US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT**I ROBOT**CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 22h 9m
"The Turn of a Friendly Hand" Alan Parsons Project *NEAR NEW* 17 Track 2008 CD US $14.03 Buy It Now 23h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT IF I COULD CHANGE YOUR MIND NM 45rpm SLSK 180 ACL US $1.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 2 Vintage The Alan Parsons Project 8 Track Tapes Eve I Robot US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Amonia Avenue Cassette - Factory Sealed! US $3.00 [0 bids]
Essential - Alan Parsons Project US $13.05 Buy It Now 23h 47m
Alan Parsons Project-Eye In The Sky 1982-Arista ?- AL9599 EMBOSSED COVER US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAMES PEOPLE PLAY 45rpm SLSK 177 ACL US $1.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Ammonia Avenue LP N/Mint US $9.38 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT eye in the sky 45 record US $4.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT the raven 45 record PROMO US $4.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT i wouldn't want to be like you 45 record PROMO prog rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT what goes up 45 record PROMO prog rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP PYRAMID MADE IN AUSTRALIA 1978 US $6.76 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT pyramid VINYL rarest GERMANY IMPORT great shape 1978 US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Arista AL8 8294 Original Sleeve US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Pyramid Arista AB 4180 Original Lyrics Sheet US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Gaudi Arista AL 8448 Original Sleeve US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Eve Arista AL 9504 Gatefold US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Vulture Culture Arista AL8 8263 Original Lyrics Sheet US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot Arista AL 7002 Gatefold US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project The Turn Of A Friendly Card Arista AL 9518 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery Edgar Allan Poe MFSL 200g Factory Sealed US $139.95 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT i robot VINYL rarest FRANCE IMPORT great shape 1977 US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project LP Original Issue Gatefold US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT eve VINYL rarest GERMANY IMPORT great shape 1979 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Vintage The Alan Parsons Project I Robot Vinyl Record Lp 1977 US $9.02 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Eye in the Sky (AL 9599) (Arista-1982) VG+/VG+ US $8.75 Buy It Now 1 day
JC~2 TRACK 12" PROMO SINGLE~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~DAMNED IF I DO US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - "Best Of" LP 1983 1st US PROMO w/STICKERS - IN SHRINK US $24.88 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - "Vulture Culture" LP 1984 ORIG 1st US PROMO - IN SHRINK US $23.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project, The ?- Pyramid LP US $5.57 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'Let's Talk About Me' 1984 German 7" / 45 vinyl single US $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Project Parsons - Best Of Alan Parsons Project CD US $38.20 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project-I Robot. LP-Printed in the USA in 1977.Artista-AL-7002. US $7.50 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Vinyl Box Set - Promo - unused US $84.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Tales Of Mystery & Imagination Portugal 20th Century US $7.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project - Days Are Numbers 12" PROMO Arista Records US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 7" Single - To One In Paradise/The Cask Of Amontillado,EX US $11.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT " LUCIFER " ARISTA 7" SINGLE 1979 US $3.41 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] The Alan Parsons Project,I Robot (Arista) 1 St NL US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] The Alan Parsons Project,I Robot (Arista) Italy US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] The Alan Parsons Project,Pyramid (Arista) {EX} Italy US $9.59 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] The Alan Parsons Project,Pyramid (Arista) {EX} Italy US $16.97 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] The Alan Parsons Project,Tales Of (Famous Charisma) {EX} 1 St UK + Lyrics US $9.59 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] The Alan Parsons Project,Tales Of Mystery (20th Century) {EX+} 1 St Ger US $14.84 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] The Alan Parsons Project,Tales Of Mystery (20th Century) {EX} 1 St Ger US $12.72 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Stingy

Volume one of the "Best of" the Allan Parsons Project creamed off the most obvious selections from a commercial point of view. Volume 2 is therefore slightly more interesting in that through necessity, the compilers have actually had to put some thought into which tracks to include.

The result is a reasonably passable cross section of songs from each of their albums. Once again though, presumably for contractual reasons, "Tales of mystery and imagination.." is completely overlooked.

The title tracks from "Stereotomy" and "I robot" are both decent representations of those albums, and "Limelight" is one of the Project's finest ballads. The music is rather too sugar coated at times, drifting towards the easy listening, but Parsons and Woolfson have good ears for a fine melody. At only 48 minutes, the compilation is rather stingy, with plenty of room remaining for further selections.

The acid question for any compilation is, is it a good representation of the band. By and large, the answer here is "yes", but I would still recommend going for the original albums rather than any APP compilation.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#86034) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 07, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars The second "best of" compilation from the Alan Parsons Project seems more like an appendix to their first "best of" compilation that was released in 1983 rather than a continuation like most greatest hits albums that are labeled "vol. 1, vol. 2, etc." The major reason for this was probably because they did not have enough material to fill the album from what was released between 1984 and 1987. Eight of the eleven songs were from that time period, some hits, some not (at least not that I was aware of). It also includes the I Robot instrumental (which was sorely lacking from the first compilation), What Goes Up (from Pyramania), and The Turn of a Friendly Card Part II (better known as Snake Eyes). Since they took the time to add stuff that was missing from their first compilation, again nothing is represented from their debut (maybe because their debut was not released by Arista??).

These weren't the most popular singles released by APP and in many ways it pales in comparison to their first "best of" selection. After all, APP had been in a decline since their 1982 apex with the release of Eye in the Sky. The music is chiefly pop rock with a slight mixing of pop prog in places. Although the addition of the I Robot instrumental was nice, it wasn't enough to bring this album out of the "collectors only" zone. Two stars is about as high as I can go on this.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#155238) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Released five years after the volume I, this compilation is slightly better then the first, for obivous reasons: they had to fill the spaces without the benefit of the greatest hits that were already used on the first. Still you canīt hardly say it is their best. As I warned on my previous review of the vol I, this title is very misleading: the tracks you have here are far from whatīs best from APP. there are good moments, of course: the instrumental I Robot is one of them, and I really love the beautiful melody line of Days Are Number (probably one of the best pop hits ever). Limelight and Prime Time are also good songs. But at 48:25 they could have inlcuded at least five more tracks.

But even if you put those two compilations together, like I did in the early 90īs (for lack of options at the time), youīll get frustrated. Especially if you heard one of APPīs full album. The Project always had fine stuff that was not played on the radio, and that was true for most of their best ones. So I canīt recommend any of those. If you want a real good APPīs collection take my advice: get all their albums and select you own favortie songs. This CD is one of the cases when the Best Of title works against the artist. APP did much better than whatīs shown. Iīll give two stars because the tracklist is a little stronger than the first, but still it barely made it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#192290) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by lazland
3 stars Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks converting a pile of old vinyl into digital, and also going on a ridiculous spending spree for new stuff, I dug out this old curiosity this evening.

This is the second of a compilation of tracks from the project started by Alan Parsons, of Pink Floyd engineering fame, and the late, great Eric Woolfson, and if the purpose of such compilations is to goad the listener into exploring more fully the deeper annals of such bands, then I think that this one succeeds admirably. I, for one, will be expanding my collection with originals from this band.

A variety of artists were used on the project, and Chris Rainbow's vocals are standout on a couple of tracks here, most especially Since The Last Goodbye, although, to these ears, the emotional intensity of Woolfson's vocals are the true hallmark.

The title track, Limelight, is a standout ballad, with vocals dripping with intensity.

Another standout for me is Ammonia Avenue, with exceptional Woolfson vocals, this is the title track from the album of the same name which generated good commercial success. It is reminiscent of what many would call American AOR, but is no worse for that.

The instrumentals show the proggier side of a band who, in fairness, just qualify as Crossover prog on this site. Mammagamma and I Robot are especially enjoyable, the latter basically a simple keyboard riff overlaid with an almost disco type of rhythm.

There are a couple of tracks here which I would describe as throwaway, and certainly make this good, but non essential. Hawkeye is one such track. Pleasant enough as an instrumental, with saxophone and light keyboards dominating, but it never really grabs enough. Light fare, basically, which I believe is the main criticism of many contributors on this site to the Project as a whole.

This is a good selection of tracks, and if you enjoy, as I do, the simpler side of prog in terms of composition and instrumentation, melded with some quite exquisite vocal performances, then you could do a lot worse than to check this out.

A strong three stars for a very worthy compilation.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#303129) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 stars Guilty Pleasure. I was listening to this while working out and felt inpired to share a recommendation. I recommend this for a prog fan who does not have the urge or desire to invest largly in this group but can appreciate the essence of what Alan Parson's Project was as both a prog-related a ... (read more)

Report this review (#88234) | Posted by mapman | Saturday, August 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Vol. II "